Quip Reviews

4.5/5 (120 reviews)

Tracy Dacko

Easy to use, great for collaborating, aimed at younger professionals

Reviewed 2017-12-12

Collaboration, simple cloud-based tool, integration with SalesforceIt's super easy to start using and is great for shared documents where you need to have multiple people providing input and updates. I like that two people can be simultaneously working on a document without a problem.

Kimberly Peña

Best App Ever!

Reviewed 2018-06-29
Review Source: Software Advice

Quip is very helpful in everyday living in terms of work, family, friends or even to have acquaintance at a business conference. It also helps you communicate with your customers and make a loyal customer-consumer relation. Quip have many apps for project tracking, calendar, working with Salesforce records, which is very exciting to explore.Quip can be download any device, accessible to all as long as you have internet connection. It's a messaging platform with a super powerful tool to access documents that can add comments and live-editing real time updating at the same time you have the ability to highlight portions of a document. I love chatting to my friends. It's very good in my daily living because it really helps me communicate with one another and make the acquaintance of to come into also kind a social contact with. If it weren't for this app I would be completely isolated when I am grounded.

Neeraj Hirani

Powerful collaboration tool

Reviewed 2018-04-24

Productivity, Collaboration, Central repository.I use quip mainly to organize my work and collaborate with my team members in documenting feature requirements. Product feature requirements are dynamic - in that, they change often. The ability to have one central location from where all of us can access it makes this a huge time saver for all. It also prevents unnecessary emails as users can chat / comment directly on quip. It also has the ability to create private folders which I use to store work in progress ideas and the ability to restrict access to some files / folders to specific people.

Anonymous

Quip - a super nice collaboration tool

Reviewed 2018-10-17

To be simple, we really like this easy to use collaboration tool.So easy to collaboration with colleagues, and for family. Get everything together rather than individual files everywhere. "Word", "Excel", "Powerpoint" lite versions, so easy to use, whatever you want. With google account integration. No hassle for account management. You certainly don't expect it to be super powerful, but it is good enough for our purpose.

Vanda Wyilie

A task management tool that will combine all your documents.

Reviewed 2018-04-27

I like that my data is available wherever there is Internet, and for my work this is not an important factor. You can open access to documents only to individual employees or select a list of employees who can edit the document. The program even sends you a notification when something is updated. Most of the features in the program make our work easier and faster. A good opportunity to see updates to the tables in real time. Keep documents in the cloud and easily required documents at the time of their search and use. In the chat you can discuss what you can change. The program has an excellent interface and three sections: notes, documents and chat. As you can see, the program is really useful for saving your time.

Loknan Nanyak

My preferred collaboration tool at work.

Reviewed 2018-12-12

In my organization,I get to work with multiple people from different locations.Quip provides me with a single platform via which I can collaborate with everyone ,and monitor what everyone is doing : instead of spending hours sorting through torns of email threads. I like the version control quality which Quip affords me and how I can restore previous versions of any document,if someone makes a mistake on the updated version.It is easily accessible as I get to use it on my mobile phones and laptop. I like the effectiveness of its search functionality because it makes it so easy to search through tons of files automatically,thereby eliminating the need to go through files one after another.

Jeffry Thurana

Quip is my one app to create, organize, and collaborate in almost all kinds of documents.

Reviewed 2018-05-25

It's very easy to collaborate on a document. You just add people to it. All the changes are logged so you can see all the things that happen to your document. You can also create all kinds of documents on Quip, from the everyday text document and spreadsheet to the specific kanban board and project tracker (with a little help from Live apps).

Michael Harrington

Quit passing email and documents around!

Reviewed 2016-08-18

I have a small staff who needs to work together at various times, and usually not in person. We've tried a handful of options (dreaded e-mail chains, Google drive, slack, OneNote, Trello), with varying degrees of success. But when you get right down to it, the majority of our conversations where revolving around documents. With Quip, that is exactly how this is designed. It is a live document centered experience with the ability to comment, discuss, and update to drive to agreed upon results. Other packages we would lose our chain of conversation, or a struggle to find the agenda, spreadsheet, plan. Here, these two elements tie together in one spot. End result for me? Instead of feeling like I was beating on people to keep moving, and often their secretary to help them find what I was talking about, now we work together with faster results and a whole lot less fuss and muss.VERY intuitive interface. My staff is resistant to change, and they picked up on this software immediately. Looks good on the web, great on my desktop, and awesome on my phone! Customer support is astounding. Hit the chat window and someone is there immediately.

Joby Ingram-Dodd

Great way to collaborate

Reviewed 2018-05-10

Very easy document creation that live updates to all users as you create them. No more messing around uploading and downloading documents. Documents have lots of options like spreadsheets tables charts, images and other apps that can be inserted into any doc. You can also manage folders and share them with specific groups of people, so you might have a folder for employees which has all your procedures on it and a separate knowledge base for customers. For free its hard to find a better product

Good for smaller groups.

Reviewed 2018-12-17

I love how Quip allows you to create both shared and private documents. The language feature is really great (i.e. it is completely functional in Spanish). The folder system is really helpful and is easy to be organized, even with different groups. You can comment on the documents, tag people, and even comment on photos. All changes are tracked.

Fritz Hahn

Office-chat with everything that you need

Reviewed 2018-04-21

Quip gave to our company the possibility to communicate in real time and easily work with any documents and stuff like this within the chat. We used to communicate with each other in our company with using only emails, but now I can say that it was extremely waste of time and we significantly raised our effectiveness after starting chatting in real time with notifications. It is also affordable for every operative system and devices, so doesn’t matter where you are, it isn’t necessary to stay near the computer to continue working.

Google Docs on Steroids

Reviewed 2018-09-04

We have rolled Quip out to multiple departments and teams over the past few years. Continuing improvement in the feature set. The software was good when we started using it 2.5 years ago. However, the improvements continually made month after month have really made the product shine. We really get use out of the full index/searching capability.

Desirae Szloboda

Quip and Quip for Salesforce

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-07-19
Review Source: Software Advice

Quip is a great addition for any company with its easy to use style of collaboration and flexibility in security and structure. I'd like to see a lot more training videos on how to leverage Quip for things like Project Management to plant those seeds and help companies grow and realize the full potential of this application.Salesforce recently added Quip to it's suite of products and we couldn't be happier. We have been searching for a project management application as well as a solution for sharing documents and data while not housing inside our Salesforce org, due to storage limitations. We see Quip as being that all in one application that can solve many of these needs in our organization. It is powerful, flexible, offers free and paid apps like a project management app and allows for flexibility with security of files and folders. Not to mention the live chat and collaboration features it offers. A great all around solution for anything you can't already solve in your standard Salesforce Org.

Joanna Tyler

An excellent tool for cooperation with your team

Reviewed 2018-04-09

I found that Quip satisfies my needs in a convenient application for working with clients that do not intend to spend time studying a complex program. It is used by several people whom I respect and trust, and they advised me of this program. The fact that they have a free version for a small group is the ideal way to test it. With Quip, we were able to shorten our emails, and we can see what changes were made. He even sends you a notification when something is updated.

Clifton Higgins

Quip is a great collaboration tool

Reviewed 2018-05-19

Using Quip, it became easy and quick to create documents. The work in the tables is now possible in the team, and now you do not need to send the document to your colleague every time and wait for his corrections, and then also receive it by mail. There is a chat room that allows you to edit documents together. This function helps your work and communication, and also saves a lot of time. Documents made in Quip will be synchronized in one cloud where they can be quickly found, so now we are not afraid to lose them.

Ifeoma Onoigbe

Effective text editor.

Reviewed 2018-05-14

Quip enable me collaborate on documents in real time with my colleagues.Unlike other document collaboration programs,I am able to chat in real time with my fellow collaborators about the document we are collaborating on.

Istvan Pesti

Ease of use, some missing features, bad upgrade on Mac

Reviewed 2018-05-22

-Very easy to use even at the first time -0 delay at collaboration -nice mini apps for documents -good integration of comments with chat function

Quip review

Reviewed 2018-09-10

In my experience, I've really enjoyed using Quip to easily house documents and spreadsheets with a friendly and easy to use interface. Quip is a great tool to use for collaborative work. Often times, my team would have to share multiple versions of the same spreadsheet, but with Quip, you can see real-time updates from colleagues and communicate all within the app.

Yana Oganesova

Fantastic for Small Project Management and Collaboration

Reviewed 2017-02-22

Quip provides unique ability to create, edit and share highly customized documents/spreadsheets. Quip doesn't have a structure to follow for project management, so it requires a lot of upfront time commitment and development. However, after creating the needed documents and templates, it is the perfect tool. Specifically, great to use for mind-mapping, checklists, embedded spreadsheets/tracking.Integrates with Google Drive, version control, file attachment, collaboration, custom templates, slack integration, flexibility, permissions control, great interface, easy to use

Alvaro Vargas

I would like the old Quip back!

Reviewed 2018-10-16

Quip does a great job at being a very easy-to-use app when it comes to having collaborative documents to share for work. I like how different team members can contribute and leave their input simultaneously with other coworkers.

Holly Stewart

Easy to use, simple, accessbile

Reviewed 2017-11-09

I like the commenting and accessibility features. I also appreciate the organization of the software. It makes it easy to use and navigate.

Patrick Slaven

The best cloud based online collaborative writing tool

Reviewed 2016-11-01

Quip is my team's go to utility for writing documents together. Google Docs is probably one of the most well known cloud based document editors that facilitates collaboration between team members. However, its collaborative elements always seemed tacked on. You can tell that Quip was built to be a team writing tool from the ground up. Ease of use. It's "stupid easy" to invite people to collaborate on a document. Comments are a breeze. Paragraphs auto-lock when you are editing them to avoid confusion. You can track your team members usage.

Jess Roll off

Unlimited Free Trial

Reviewed 2017-03-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Unlimited free trial and great for text-based collaborationQuip allows you to try their platform for free as long as you need, so you can really figure out whether or not it works for your team before you invest in the paid version. Compared to other products that have a time-limited free trial, Quip offers a much better evaluation period.

Eric Brandt

A refreshing way to collaborate and communicate in document creation

Reviewed 2017-11-22
Review Source: Software Advice

The big takeaway is that Quip uniquely enables you and your colleagues to create a multi-asset document in one place, together.Quip enables users to build a rich, multimedia, and multi-asset document in one location. Do you need to create a document that includes a calendar, spreadsheet, and kanban board all in the same place? Quip can do that.

Raegan Freeman

Nice but pricey.

Reviewed 2017-12-28

Group chats and file sharing are a lifesaver. No one likes group texts, they're annoying and don't carry over well between mobile platforms. With Quip, we can share a group chat that isn't annoying. File sharing helps when people are out of the office. We're always on the go and being able to send things back and forth without it getting lost in email is wonderful. Getting everyone together for meetings is almost always impossible with our crazy schedules and we never manage to pass the info around to everyone. This way we can send it out to everyone and know it was received. The to-do list function helps keep me organized.