SmartVault Logo

SmartVault

Document sharing and collaboration management software

SmartVault Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.52/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I love being able to access my documents from any computer, anywhere, anytime. I feel like care about me as a consumer and try and be as helpful as possible.
SmartVault is a great product. We have total confidence that when we print a document from our accounting software into SmartVault that it will be there.
I am very happy to SmartVault for security and ease of use for myself and my clients and price.
Terrible customer service - no response during implementation.
As a firm with over 2,500 individual clients, the shear volume of upload notifications is impossible to navigate - to the point where it's utterly useless.
I switched to SmartValut because tax return copies automatically goes to SmartValut folders. It goes to wrong folders.

SmartVault users...

Google Drive-logocaret

Google Drive

eFileCabinet-logocaret

eFileCabinet

How would you rate SmartVault?

Smartvault is aweome

SmartVault

Pros

Easy for clients to access and upload documents.

Cons

Load times to find clients and pull up documents. The program does not seem to auto-refresh very well when a new document is uploaded and a lot of the time the refresh button does not fix the issue.

Best Software to store documents

It is one great software that helps to go paperless.

Pros

The best thing I like about this software is the storage capacity and pace available. It is very convenient and easy to use.

Cons

Since I do not have the admin access I cannot delete a file I accidentally uploaded to SmartVault and have to request my manager to do the same. Have to sometimes mostly refresh the folder once the document has been uploaded.

Smartvault

Great Customer Service. Many years ago we switched from Filecabinet CS. Happy with portal. Accessible from any where.

Pros

Connected Desktop features. On portal you can open up multiple clients

Cons

Cannot open multiple clients on Desktop at the same time

Great document management system!

Pros

Pros: Good file management structure set up to keep everything organized and allow adding new files when necessary!

Cons

Cons: Copying and renaming files within the same folder sometimes causes the system to lag.

Smartvault user

Pros

This is a very easy tool to save all documents, organized and able to share with the colleagues and available always online.

Cons

So far I have no negative comments on the uses that I give to this application.

Overall good product

It is easy to upload and store documents from SV. It is a bit cumbersome to set up new clients.

Pros

It links easily to our tax software and other programs.

Cons

I wish there was an overall document search from the main clients page.

SmartVault - Indispensable

The team at SmartVault provided a straightforward and efficient onboarding process with follow up training and assistance. Can't fault them!

Pros

Prior to using this solution I used a variety of cloud storage providers along with some other applications, SmartVault brought everything together and provides a step closer to a paperless office.

Cons

Nothing causes concern and everything works well.

I love SmartVault

Pros

The fact that my clients can use this software as well. I can email a link for my clients to look at their financials securely.

Cons

Nothing to complain about. I love everything about the software

Really Glad We Left Smart Vault

We did not have a great experience with Smart Vault. It is not easy to manage or user-friendly. we used SmartVault for our first tax season. We switched to TaxDome this year and it was such an amazing decision. TaxDome is cheaper and they have app users can use that is user-friendly. I wish I had found TaxDome originally. At the end of the subscription, SmartVault did not notify us that they were going...

Pros

The thing I liked the most about the software is that they have top security.

Cons

The software is not user-friendly at all ad there are much better and cheaper options out there.

Great Product

This is exactly the way we want our portal to work

Pros

Using the portal to send secure emails to clients

Cons

It's sometimes difficult if you have the same name clients

Smart Vault

Pros

-Very easy to use -Stores everything in one place -Very fast

Cons

I feel in QuickBooks you should be able to have 2 books open at the same time and be able to use smartvault.

Very happy with this product

5 out of 5

Pros

The software is user friendly, easy and effective. I like the folders.

Cons

I am not involved in the pricing but I think it may be expensive

AWFUL CUSTOMER SUPPORT

We started using smartvault about 3 years ago and it is a great software/cloud organization for an accounting practice UNTIL something goes wrong. The customer service is terrible, the wait to talk to someone could take hours and they would promise a call back but it wouldn't happen. So you call back, get another promise and it doesn't happen again. In the meantime, your whole workflow is suffering. It has been a month and I am still waiting...

Pros

convenience of having all the documents in one place, organized

Cons

UNRELIABLE, make sure you backup your data, but most importantly, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Hello Anastasia! Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We are so sorry that this has been your experience with SmartVault and that it had taken so long for someone to get back to you. Our support team confirmed they were able to resolve your issue on 2/6. If there is anything more needed, please do not hesitate to let us know. All the best! - The SmartVault Team

Great product for security

Excellent product for client security when multiple documents are being sent back & forth Integration with other software that we use is important

Pros

Product is easy to use and secure for clients I like that you can send a direct link to documents Search option is on any portion of name

Cons

We currently don't use all features, so can't comment

No problems.

Pros

I store all my files on Smartvault and have never had an issue. Have used it for many years.

Cons

I don't have any dislikes. It has served the purpose.

Smartvault is aweome

It has been excellent!

Pros

It user friendly and customer support is very quick!

Cons

There are some client numbering issues, but it doesn't impact our use. I would like them to utilize client numbers or ID's as s sort and search option

Easy to use Software

SmartVault was very easy to set-up and intuitive to use. The videos were useful guides but the help provided by Kerry was invaluable.

Pros

The ability to move files easily between different folders and clients and to bring documents into the folders using drag and drop or to save direct. File structures are easy to amend and customise for each client from the standard templates. Everything linked to the cloud storage Excellent value for money

Cons

it would be good if documents produced by the TaxCalc programs could be transferred direct to the related client folder, especially signed documents from signable.

Thank you for your review Tony! We're happy to hear you're finding SmartVault easy to use and customise to your specific needs. We will have an update on the TaxCalc integration soon, which should fix your functionality request :) -The SmartVault Team

Customer service is terrible and getting worse

It started off well for the first year. It's gotten progressively worse with bugs and software issues. The customer service went from good the terrible.

Pros

Works with Intuit tax prep software and DocuSign

Cons

The customer service is awful. You will often be ignored. When someone looks into an issue, the tendency is to blame Windows, Outlook, or any product other than SmartVault. To date, the issue has always been with SmartVault.

KEEPS WORK FLOW MOVING

SmartVault is an amazing tool & continues to help our workflow evenly.

Pros

It made tax season a lot easier while dealing with COVID-19 pandemic by clients being able to submit their documents to a safe & secure place.

Cons

I don't like that you do have to refresh clients manually rather than auto-refresh.

Smartvault - Excellent Purchase

This interactive secure portal has been a lifesaver with the increased use of electronic data transfer. It has saved us money by no longer needing to snail mail paper copies or to password encrypt secure email attachments. Provides an excellent, secure means to share tax preparation documents between our firm and our clients!

Pros

This is very easy to use software for both our office staff and for our clients. Provides high level of confidence on the security of the tax information stored in Smartvault.

Cons

I like everything about this software! There is nothing that I find to dislike!

Good, simple software

Pros

I like the ease of use and document management features of SmartVault. I also use the template folders that somebody in SmartVault set up for us at the start.

Cons

The integration with Taxcalc. We need this to make the software more streamline. Hopefully this will be there soon.

Valuable Platform for Tax Season

Pros

This platform helps to take some of the hassle out of tax season. I like that it integrates with DocuSign and has a pretty easy to use interface.

Cons

I wish the settings would automatically notify us if there is an upload instead of making us click this feature on manually.

Great Tech Option and Free!

Pros

SmartVault has many features that most businesses can use totally free! SmartVault was instrumental in helping me provide the infastructure to get my business up and running by giving my clients piece of mind that their files would be safely stored with me. SmartVault has given my clients and I a secure way to share information which is easy to use.

Cons

I wish there were more integrations. I often have to download a file onto my computer and then upload it to SmartVault to share it with my clients. I wish I could capture the document straight into SmartVault.

Does the job

Pros

It integrates well with tax prep and then to Outlooks

Cons

It can be sluggish. Not sure what causes this.

Not bad at all

We use Smart Vault for tax service and everything is stored and easy to get to.

Pros

We're able to upload files and go back to them even years back and review the files. We can upload using our mobile device as well as the desktop.

Cons

I had a better turn out with uploading my files to smart vault when I used my mobile device. For some reason using my desktop wouldn't allow me to upload anything.

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback Shannon! We always love to hear when SmartVault is able to help your workflow and make things easier all around. We will also share your feedback with the team regarding the upload feature on mobile vs. desktop. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We greatly value your opinion! All the best, Team SmartVault