All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

SpiraTeam Reviews

Pros

Very good keep up the great work you guys are doing including development team, customer support(Adam stand out in his response) very positive team.

Neeraj K.

Read the full review
We've been using the product for a couple of years and it has been great so far. Support has been very responsive and helpful whenever we needed them.

Jeremy M.

Read the full review
Overall SpiraTeam is an excellent product, very easy to use and testers love the set up. I have been setting it up onsite for a major client and showing their test team how to use the product.

Amanda J.

Read the full review

Cons

Test cases often get put in the wrong place and have to spend some time moving them around. My last annoyance is how test cases are copied and pasted.

Tom E.

Read the full review
I manage the testing team for an IS department and was unhappy with the existing tools we had, so I evaluated a number of tools to replace what we used.

iain k.

Read the full review
We used the email notifications feature as well. We also synchronized with Jira but abandoned this.

Tammy B.

4.1

Great Tool For The Entire Project Life Cycle

We have been using SpiraTeam within our organization for quite a few years. SpiraTeam is very easy to use, and is a great way to help track, maintain and troubleshoot an entire project, from the planning stages, to implementation, to enhancement requests and software bug and defect resolution. I would recommend SpiraTeam to any organization looking for a straightforward, easy to use tool.

Pros

Pros: Easy to use Versatile Tracks multiple project points

Cons

Cons: Cannot easily move artifacts from one project to another.

Capitec Bank Feedback

Most excellent, brings our Business and testing together in understanding the req.

Pros

The Software made Automation easier. Integration easy, total revolutionary product. Very powerful tool if used as designed.

Cons

Users. Misunderstanding the designed use compared to their personal opinion.

Great product for the Quality Team

Pros

I have been using this product for almost 10years for my quality team. I really like the product; it is very easy to use, very easy to track team's performance , easy to do requirement traceability ,easy to assign tasks for the team. Overall a great product.

Cons

I am satisfied with the features I am using.

A complete vision of the projects

I was used SpiraTeam in some projects. Our work with the application was right, but our experience with it, is like a fixed application with a strongest modulation of the project process. The UI, is not very friendly with a complex form to work on it. Is true, that you can add any document, requirement, task or other in each moment, but you cannot change the flow of the project. In action it is maddening because you has not clarity of the steps to do with the different parts of the project. But, if you have a big project with many people that need to interact (for example, you need to follow the status of the tasks and the test cases by developer) it is your project application.

Pros

The application can modify to adapt the workflow to your needs (based on a complex workflow). The document management is very good. You can change a part of UI (colors, logos, etc.). You can do a personal dashboard with your heat points. This could help you to focus your most important points.

Cons

In my personal opinion, the application needs a guidance or a screen that can show the flow process to make more easy the entry of the project elements.

Thanks for the feedback. We are adding a new user onboarding wizard into SpiraTeam to guide a new user through the project management process that is enabled in SpiraTeam. We're not sure which version Daniel used, but v5.0 has a completely overhauled user interface which our users are loving.

Facilitates the daily work

SpiraTeam is used to manage the test cases of five different development languages and more than fifteen different base products. The overview of all products is elementary and is very well solved in SpiraTeam. The selection of connectable test software is very good.

Pros

SpiraTeam is clear and intuitive to use. The cockpits are a good starting point for daily work.

Cons

The structure of the requirements is not transferred from DevOps and after grouping the original types are lost.

We are looking to add a way to keep the requirement types from ADO once the requirements are nested and grouped in the SpiraTeam hierarchy.

SpiraTeam - The HP ALM/HPQC Killer

My philosophy is that the tool should fit the project, not the other way round, so I use SpiraTeam as and when the project requires. All my tests begin life as Excel checklists. If we have specific requirements then I will make use of the Requirements and map them to Test Scripts to get full traceability from a requirements, through testing, through defect management to reporting of test coverage....

Pros

Easier and more user-friendly to use than HP ALM/QC, whilst offering a similar level of comprehensive features, for a lot less outlay than HP's ALM/QC, IBM, CompuWare etc. SpiraTeam is flexible enough to be used differently for each project. For example, SpiraTeam can be used as a document repository for one project, just a test script and test execution tool for another, and as a full blown project...

Cons

Upgrading from 5.4 to 6.0 fails. In the past upgrading other vendor tools has been a deal breaker when it failed. A tool should be able to upgrade itself without throwing any SQL errors or similar. Administrators and DBA's should not need to run any specific scripts or commands, the tool should do this automatically and without error. We are unable to take advantage of new features offered in 6.0 and beyond. Integration of any test tool with a business is not easy because the tool forces you to work its way rather than the tool supporting existing processes. I needed to write a VB script to translate/transpose my test scripts into the correct format for importing into SpiraTeam, as a consequence of the tool forcing the tester to work how the tool works.

SpiraTeam gives visibility to the work getting done!

My company purchase this and said "here, figure out how to use this for your project". It took be a couple of hours to put all the pieces together. It is rather intuitive and user friendly. I was able to guide the team into how we intend to use the tool to develop our software product. It was easy to get the team engaged in using SpiraTeam.

Pros

I like that we can see the work move across the Planning (Kanban) Board so it gives great visibility to the entire team of the work that is being done. It is great for agile approach to software development. It provides great integration from Requirement to Development to Testing to Completed.

Cons

The toughest part of using this new tool was to determine at what level to put the requirements into the system. As we were transitioning to agile at the same time we determined to put features into the tool as requirements and write user stories for each feature. It worked well. My team experienced some clunkiness, but I believe it was the way we had the tool configured as opposed to the tool itself. We changed the permissions on a couple of roles (BA, Developer) and it worked much better. We also changed some of the default workflows to make it work better.

SpiraTeam Review

Overall, the product is a great value. There are definitely things that can be improved though. * Make reporting easier to use and more flexible. One of our number 1 complaints from Managers that use the system including myself is that we can't easily get data out of the system. * Make it easier to create custom reports. * The testing functionality is still cumbersome. We have seen...

Cons

We appreciate the feedback. Reporting is one of those areas where we have added significant new capabilities but users always want to slice and dice things in different ways. The custom reporting added in v4.1 has helped by allowing users to create their own reports and we shall be adding more custom graphs in future version. For enhancements we have 5000+ customers so sadly we do have to make decisions about priority, which is one challenge with a tool that is designed to be used by large numbers of customers that have their own processes...

Great affordable Project Lifecycle Management tool!

My team and I have been using SpiraTeam for over a year now. We continue to be impressed by how customizable the product is. The ability to create custom workflows for Requirements and Incidents really allows us to make this product conform to our companies methodology. We aren't forced to follow a rigid methodology (Pure waterfall or Scrum). We can configure the application to follow our specific needs.

Pros

-Hosted solution, no infrastructure to worry about, Inflectra handles the backups, upgrades, servers, etc -Customizable workflows -Easy to learn UI -Plug-in for integration with our Automated Testing tool -Plug-in for Visual Studio

Cons

-At times it can be a little slow when loading new pages, not huge lag but enough to be annoying -The out of the box reports aren't the best and creating custom reports is challenging

Manage the full project lifecycle, testing is just a part

We have been using SpiraTeam for well over 4 years now and have over 600 registered users with over 100 using the system at any one time. SpiraTeam allows us to manage multiple development projects detailing requirements, writing and executing test cases and mapping the two together. SpiraTeam provides a great defect tracking tool and is used internally and by clients alike.

Pros

Customisable workflows, SpiraTeam uses colour in the interface well to highlight high priority items. SpiraTeam supports multiple plugins and we have integrated with Jenkins. Good support with same day response normal.

Cons

Occasionally buggy after new releases. Agile task management tools need refining.

Pretty Good!

Overall, I like SpiraTeam. There's a bunch of different ALM solutions out there. I prefer something easy of a lot of confusing functionality. SpiraTeam is somewhere in the middle. It has a good balance. I use it for keeping track of test cases, but don't use the requirements functionality. I wish we did use the Requirement functionality, but the developers I work with have a thing about NOT documenting...

Pros

I like the concept of how test cases are arranged, within folders.

Cons

I don't like how the concept of the folders was implemented. Often times, when copying and pasting test cases, it gets placed in the wrong location. Have to spend extra time getting test cases and folders placed in the right location.

Hi Tom Thanks so much for the very fair and detailed review, we appreciate the time you spent writing it. I would like to mention that in SpiraTeam v5.0 we completely overhauled the test case and test set folders in line with the issues you identified, so please try out the newest version and let us know if you have any suggestions or feedback.

Are you in Wagile Hell?

With Spira Team we are building out our B2B and B2C solutions. We use the Planning Boards for SPrint Planning and daily stand up reference. WE use the Incidents page for tracking defects and Test Cases for Test Management. We also use Requirements for High Level Requirements, decomposing into Use Cases. We can bring in third parties as required to communicate their cards.

Pros

Where you are in the B2B market and have tech clients who remain Waterfall in their planning, yet you are more enlightened, this is a suitable tool. It does allow you to plan your dev trains according to iterations and project onto a scrum board. At the same time it allows you to map these cards to a set of requirements. In addition, you can plan your test cases and track defects all in the one platform. Sure, you could go down the Atlassian route, Inflectra appears to be better value for money, especially when adding modules.

Cons

Insufficient integrations available with market defacto standard testing tools. The training model is on a consulting model - not great for start ups and scale ups. Need more training videos dealing with the set up in situations of increasing complexity! Was advised that Inflectra is responsive to customer feedback feature requests. Have not experienced this yet, despite regular feedback. Because most teams spend so much time in the Planning Board, more investment is required to improve usability of this page. Its good, just not great yet. It would be great to restrict visibility of external users to specific pages or to specific cards, instead we have to create separate projects for these groups, which is not always ideal when inserting external groups into internal team work.

Requirements and Test Management in one place

The primary goal of the software we were looking for was the management of requirements and testing along with a built-in traceability matrix and reports. SpiraTeam included these at a reasonable cost. We purchased the 4.2 version and have not upgraded to the latest. We like the feature that not only maps the requirement to test case(s) but also indicates how many of the associated test cases...

Spira Feedback

Spira is a very good QA tool. It is very easy to use and very nice documents to follow. Very affordable price. Very good customer service. I am very happy using this tool and pleased with the customer service quick responses. However, here are some of the improvements and enhancement suggestions. 1. Is this compatible to use in all the browsers. Currently, if I am using chrome, when I try to edit...

Cons

Hi Sudha Thanks for the positive feedback. I think you have some questions as well as the review. For questions 1-5 I would submit a help desk ticket to us (if you have not already). In answer to the questions for anyone reading: 1) Spira works with all versions of Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera as well as IE8 or later. 2) If you delete a test case, simply go to Administration > Project...

Great product for managing software testing at a great price.

SpiraTeam has been a great tool for meeting our Software Quality Testing goals. We use Planning to track our business requirements and trace them to our test cases. We use the Testing section to capture all our test cases and record our test runs. We have started to use the Rapise Test Automation Tool to integrate with SpiraTeam and run our test automation scripts. We use Tracking to document all our test failures and track incidents for our projects. The Dashboard and Reporting sections have been valuable in communicating test progress and results to our project teams. We have been very pleased with the tools use and performance.

Pros

All the functionality needed for our Software Quality Testing goals at a great price.

Cons

Reporting could be easier to manage and sorting columns by "not" would be valuable - ex. Status = "not" Accepted for Requirements.

SpiraTeam, great potentials, good feature set and excellent support team

I believe the fact that I bringing with me the SpiraTeam to the third company I am working for, speaks for itself. In my current company, I was able to replace Jenkins and TestRail with the SpiraTeam. Eliminating an extra tool is always great news for the companies, thank you SpiraTeam!

Pros

Great variety of plugins

Cons

Limitations for some integrations, Jenkins will be a good example for that.

Thanks Boris, we have the page rendering speed, firmly in our sights for the next version.

We are using Spirateam / Spiratest for test case management and for managing our testing workforce. Also we are using it to track test case execution. -> This is where I can recommend the tool to others Whatever question we had was answered by Inflectra customer service in a timely and competent way. As a software company ourselves I was very much impressed. -> This is a major reason to go and...

Pros

- world class customer service - product is still improved and enhanced - cost/feature ratio is ok - helps us to improve software development process - we are using the Excel importer often also to create new testcases. This is really fast. - direct access to the MSSQL databaes allows custom report generation

Cons

- Jira integration is not really working - Jira integration is only done with cryptic configuration files and not using the web-admin interface. - doesn't work well with Firefox browsers - doesn't work under Linux - test case creation using the web-gui is kind of time consuming - reporting could be more configurable directly in Spiratest

Its an awesome prodect from Inflectra for overall project management . Customer support is excellent

Pros

Nice features,integration with most of the automation tools,ease of navigation,easy to understand UI,tracking of tasks,version control,access as per roles,easy tracking of all artifacts and easy to understand the mappings with them.

Cons

Reporting can be much better.Sometimes some formats throw error while reporting,mostly detailed incident reports fail while attaching images other than jpeg formats.

High Functionality, Low Price & Responsive Support - It's a Winner!

Highly recommended. Cannot be beaten for functionality and support at the price point. And I've looked at many, with over 10 years experience with the big boys !!! Throw away those Word documents and Excel spreadsheets. At this price you can afford this top class software. You'll wonder why you made do with anything less!! And there is a free 30 day trial. That's how we got hooked.

Pros

Functionality, Price and Support. What more do you need in a Test Management Tool? And it has integration with other tools and test automation. SpiraTeam was trialled over three major projects and was enthusiastically accepted by both the IT group and the Business Areas doing UAT with absolutely minimal training. SpiraTeam provides a high level of functionality at an extremely affordable price point....

Cons

Oracle support (but it is on the way). Greater email support ( such as broadcast notification to all SpiraTeam users)- but that is on the way too.

SpiraTeam an easy implementation and Great Customer Support

As a QA Manager I've worked with many defect tracking systems and ALM tools including TFS and HP QC\ALM. SpiraTeam is quick to implement and easy to work with. The key is mapping out your hierarchy and workflows for the project or all your projects if you're creating a template. This makes creating future projects a snap. The ease and flexibility of creating a custom Issue workflow was also key...

Pros

Easy and Quick Implementation Ease of use througout Pricing Good overall functionality across the board for all SDLC Artifacts, not just Defect Tracking Integration to third party software Great Customer Support Importing of artifacts is easy

Cons

Limited flexibility of controlling location of the fields on each screen Reports are a bit cumbersome Making Global Changes that would impact multiple projects in progress Linking Artifacts across projects for cross functionality

Great feature set at any price - yet at the best price!

SpiraTeam from Inflectra was inexpensive enough for us to use when our QA efforts were first launching as well as feature rich enough now that we have dozens of testers, analysts, and developers involved. We plan to bring on a test automation tool next year (QuickTest Pro, SmarteScript, or TestComplete) and SpiraTeam came with the hooks built in. In fact, SpiraTeam has a number of extra features built...

Pros

SpiraTeam is an incredible value. Its feature set rivals competitors that are literally 10 times the cost. It has provided all the test case management that we need & the sales/support team has been immediately responsive to every question we've had.

Cons

The only challenge we've had with SpiraTeam is the "team" part. It isn't quite as graceful as we'd like for using a team of testers to execute tests. They came up with a solution so it's not a show stopper but I hope it improves with the next release.

SpiraTeam Review

I am an engineering contractor performing both SW development and SW qa work. I have convinced my last 3 employers to use Spirateam to help with project management and automation testing.

Pros

1) great value for the money 2) flexibility 3) can help track all aspects of a project

Cons

I am still on version 4, so it may be that some of these are handled by v5 1) not tied in well enough with build systems 2) no test scheduling support supplied for linux systems 3) no simple way to tell which automated hosts are currently being used for automated testing. Should be some GUI screen that provides a single look at whats being scheduled and to what host.

Great value and great support

Pros

Feature set for the price compared to competing products. Flexible licensing. Very good support from the company.

Cons

Very occasionally can be slow, for no apparent reason. Validation against AD can be difficult to setup.

SpiraTeam and Inflectra great alround value

Very intuitive and easy to use application with custom role based access that suites any organisation. We have run the in-house version for over four years now and nothing much to complain about and when we've had a problem the support has been fantastic. We don't use the application to its fullest potential but extensively for test management and reporting.

Pros

Ease of use, no client installations, supports the main browser flora, a multitude of plugins for integration with other systems. Configuration flexibility. Plenty of features to grow in to. Fantastic support team and a vendor that listens to the user base addapting and improving the application at every new release. Very reasonable licensing and support fees.

Cons

I can only think of one drawback that is MS platform dependancy for the server installation and db.

Thanks David

Excellent package, it helped improve our internal processes

We migrated from OnTime to SpiraTeam and couldn't be happier. For us, the power of SpiraTeam is the way it ties everything together. It also clear visibility of things like: This release includes these features and addresses these defects, and these test cases were executed. it is clear what is being included in each release, and it improves communication between our project managers and the developers....

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.