eSUB Logo
eSUB

Construction project management software for subcontractors

visit website

eSUB Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend9.03/10

See full reviews by rating

Excellent experience from the demo through the purchase and implementation. Our account success manager and tech support have been very helpful.
Excellent project overview. Excellent customer service, very responsive with follow through.
If you are a subcontracting firm looking for project management/project tracking software, eSub provides a great solution and is a great value for the price.
The problem with this type of product was there were tons of functions that a subcontractor would never need or use. These products were also not efficient in exchanging files and information.
Getting a job set up is not quite smooth yet. I have a little trouble figuring out how to get my information switched over from the Edge.
I have no recommendations for others. They just need to try it.

eSUB users...

Procore-logocaret
listing-logo

Procore

How would you rate eSUB?

Intresting Product for Subcontractors

eSUB is an interesting product for sub-contractors. It overall works very well but it has lots of controls that many sub-contractors who have not used construction management software may not like. I personally think that the controls are fantastic but some people find them a waste of time and tedous.

Pros

Great controls, tracks emails effectively, strong field app.

Cons

Lacks flexibility.

Knee jerk reaction

Pros

The webinar training has been informative without doing "information overload." The training was well-thought-out and segmented in a logical way. My initial knee jerk reaction is very positive. It seems to be well-thought-out as a product with all of the tools we need as PMs without being cluttered with a lot of useless tools simply for the sake of appearing more advanced. I'm very impressed so far.

Cons

I do not really have an opinion on the vendor, pros or cons. Beyond the webinar training, I have not had any interaction with them. As for the eSub product itself, I really have not had the opportunity to work extensively in the software. The only things that I personally have run into is the inability to do submittals inside the software as opposed to importing them. This is not a big deal and ultimately may be the best way to deal with it. Another item that was encountered yesterday was in the change order feature. A lot of entities have there own forms to be used for breakdowns of change request. There will need to be a way to import that into the change order file.

Great tool for construction managemenet

Pros

Ever we are a general contractor, we still use this tool to manage some of our self performed work. very good value.

Cons

There were some glitches at the very beginning, the system was not responsive but have not had the same problem for months, should be solved.

great product and continously improving

Pros

eSUB continues to add and improve in general but also looks for solutions particular to our company.

Cons

Like any new program, there's an initial learning curve and adjustment to how that product functions. Support is great with making sure we have what we need.

A software of the future.

Pros

Very easy to use and organize everything I do daily at all the job sites we visit, from punching in the time to having all the set off prints we use everyday.

Cons

Don’t get tired of using this app. Very smooth layout with a step by step concept.

Excellent field to office tool

Esub is extremely user friendly and has been a big help to our growing company.

Pros

I love that our office staff can communicate with the field on real time and our clients! Great tool

Cons

ESub has no cons it’s a wonderful tool and we love it here at Rockingham interns!

A must for a finish trade!

Pros

The support is outstanding in the ease-of-use and training to the men in the field takes no time at all. The cloud-based use of purchase orders project management correspondence etc. has mainstreamed our business or we will never be looking for products or events again .

Cons

The quality on the field note photographs are sometimes skewed or stretched, we like to use them for social media so if this could ever be fixed that would be helpful .

ESub Software

Have always been very pleasant and have answered all my questions.

Pros

It is very easy to pull the payroll hours and any information to convert and make a file. If I need to ask for assistance when a foreman needs help with something to add or edit the customer service help is very responsive and quick to respond. They get back to us right away and have always fixed the issue every time. They are very friendly and courteous as well.

Cons

Not much but maybe update some features to show possibly what the box does or so you can understand what some of the job features mean.

Happy to be Organized

Pros

I enjoy the standardized forms and all of the tables for tracking dates and cost. The tables are easy to read and make it easy to keep up with everything in a very organized manner.

Cons

The thing I like least is that there aren't any good ways to customize databases to each project manager/estimator. In a company as large as FL Crane, we have several different offices and even more PM/estimators, and having to filter through everyone's contacts and vendors during the job setup process can be cumbersome.

Helped us manage projects

Customer support made the experience awesome

Pros

Simple to use across various employee backgrounds or level of involvement with the system

Cons

Customer support isn't 24 hours in our experience

Very informative

Learning how to closely follow a job.

Pros

Easy to keep up our field supervisors material purchases, great for doing COR's. Perfect for sending request to customer and easy for them to respond

Cons

Can be confusing on the contract and budget and how they are calculated when PO's are done. Pay applications should more simple, overall can be time consuming at times.

Esub as a whole product

The issues i had for years were all project management from the field and job costing. This software rectified this so we have immediate feed back and information from the projects (As long as your supervisors do their job) Also the RFI Correspondence, Change orders and so forth come from our office in a complete and professional manner. This was something the General Contractors all mentioned. And the information from the office is available to our field so they are never in the dark

Pros

The software was easy for my filed to understand and start using with little or no training. Giving me feed back on a daily basis

Cons

At first it was some of the add on modules. But i talked to my rep at Esub and she was on it in a heart beat and solved my issues immediately.

We love eSub! It organized every aspect of our contracting business.

Pros

We most like the way eSub has organized our document management. It has given us the tools necessary to manage every aspect of our projects professionally. eSub has added a lot of values to our business. eSub's impeccable customer service and training program have made this transformation fun and easy.

Cons

This is a time saver for payroll.

Pros

This is a time saver for payroll and downloading timecards into our accounting software is quick and easy.

Cons

I wish our Purchase Orders and jobs in our accounting software were also linked with eSub.

Trulinda, thank you so much for this kind review, we really appreciate it! I'll bring your feedback to our development team as well.

Good Software

Pros

This software is great in terms of project management. You can view your day to day operations from time to time. Its good because I can easily view and monitor the project status.

Cons

I haven't experience a technical problem so far. Good job!

eSUB Consolidates Tasks Effectively

Pros

The biggest pro to the eSUB software is their interlinked system between daily reports, time cards, and project labor tracking. It is simple enough for the new computer/iPad users in the industry to pick up quickly and realize the wealth of information that can be used from the program.

Cons

There are some issues with the flow of the dashboard/ interface, but over all it is ok. Rather than pages for lists/ logs, I think a "scrollable" page would be faster and more streamlined.

This product is so AWESOME!

This product is the best!

Pros

his product saves the day ! It makes the works of our team submittals are easier. I love how they innovate the existing system that We have on providing services to our end- users better communication between office and field.

Cons

I really love this product but there is one thing that I hope to be improve the features that available on the web will be the same on mobile phones.

I am using eSUB on daily basis. Very user friendly software.

Pros

I use this software on daily basis. eSUB have changed our project management activities so much. We are now more organized and well structured, all thanks to eSUB.

Cons

The templates if can be redesign as per client's requests. We made some suggestions but still not been considered.

eSUB saves the day!

Overall experience using it is great!

Pros

I love there technical support, They have all day and the patience to teach you anything you need, This product improves the connection of office staff and the field staff this product really help us.

Esub thoughts

Would recommend to any business. Wish old companies had implemented this software.

Pros

Easy to use. Huge time saver and helps keep all my dailies super organized.

Cons

No complaints really. Few changes to the software a few months back took a few minutes to dissect; but really no big deal.

GREAT PRODUCT!

I love this product!

Pros

Improves the tracking of our documents that needed in our projects , the document control are well organized because of this product such a big help for our company and its still continues to help us from time to time.

Cons

I don't have any negative comment on using this product such a great improvement on our company.

Time Saver!

Pros

Simple navigation of the software makes for smooth integration of work. The program has a good support in case you need.

Cons

Tabs within software can a bit more descriptive to avoid confusion. Email aspect of product can use some fine tunning.

AMZAING experience with eSub.

This software helps to organize and track our construction projects with ease from the field to the office, keeping communication open between both.

Pros

The support and follow-up you get from the e-Sub Team is AMAZING! The Program has such ease of use.

Cons

Great product with lots of features, but did not integrate with our required accounting/ERP system

Pros

Laid out well and customizable, email feature has the ability to respond for record keeping purposes. Simple design that is very effective.

Cons

Price should reflects a better breakdown of Labor, Material and Mark-Up (mark-up is not an option currently). No function for task reminders.

Awesome product!

If you are struggling with timesheets, project tracking, daily reports, this is a great product for you!

Pros

We reduced the amount of time spent on our commercial painting company projects by taking away the need to work in Excel, QuickBooks, Word, Outlook and a good old fashioned dry erase board.

Cons

You have to be willing to invest in the product but it is truly worth it when you compare hours spent chasing down timesheets in the field or GPS based to the sec clocked in timesheets, manhours calculating the time and adjusting, entering into QB and printing checks....