Bookafy Logo

Free online appointment booking software

Bookafy Reviews

Suggested alternatives

acuity-scheduling
simplybook-me
mindbody

I also like its automatic reminders and it has integrations with popular calendar apps. In my view, it is a solid choice for companies looking to improve their appointment scheduling process.
Thank you for the great software. I really love what you are doing and I love Bookafy for my business.
I hate the back and forth to set up appointments, it drives me nuts. Once back and forth is fine but the constant how about this, what about that, etc was too much.
I find the navigation confusing. The calendar tab is confusing.
I also had trouble finding the online payment feature.

Internet,

Great Company, Software and Customer Service

The staff at Bookafy are tremendously helpful when it comes to account set up, answering questions and adding feautures. The software works great!

DH

Danelle H.

Music, self-employed

Very good software!

I am very pleased with it. I love that I am able to easily have clients and colleagues book appointments. I it is great to able to receive payments and automate the booking with Zoom. Bookafy makes the process a lot more simpler than the more complicated systems that I have used. Also, the customer service has been exceptional. I booked an on boarding session and the friendliness and helpfulness I received was above and beyond what was required. It was so impressive. I don't recall receiving even a tiny percentage of such an experience from customer service members of other scheduling software I have spent a lot more on.

Pros

I love the simplicity of the software. It serves as a fantastic tool for clients to book my services on or offline without hassle. I like the one page 'website', particularly at the moment while I rebuild my business website. I love that I can have payments made during the booking. I haven't used this feature yet though as I'm transitioning from another platform. I also like that I can create private links to send to clients for private bookings. The opportunity for clients to leave a review which visitors can see is a great added bonus. I like the possibility of creating new integrations with other software.

Cons

I found it tricky to grasp the internal 'back office' set up at first. Probably because I was used to using different software. However, the founder has been exceptionally helpful and spent time investigating my issue. He has made suggestions that helped a great deal. His suggestions have actually helped me to better understand my use of my online calendar outside of Bookafy.

Thank you so much for the kind words!

LD

Luigi D.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

We are at the limits of fraud

Pros

Possibility of having the software in White Label

Cons

Very little assistance. Weeks and several reminders to receive answers to very banal questions. Platform problems of all kinds: Incorrect translations, Integrations with other apps that don't work well, White Label panel poorly built and not working. I paid about $600 to get the White Label version that I could resell. MY customers upon registration pay Bookafy directly and then they should have paid...

Amber W.

Very Happy! Excellent Software!

I have been with Bookafy for going on one year and I am very happy. Bookafy is affordable, easy to use, and constantly improving their software. I started using it when the company first launched, and frankly it was a little clunky... but their newest release was a MASSIVE upgrade. It is beautiful and so easy to use. I loved it before, but now I am thrilled. Saving tons of time, and adding years onto my life with the stress reduction! My favorite parts are... I really like the on-line booking, appointment confirmations, email marketing sync with mail chimp and syncing the calendar with my personal google calendar. Bookafy sets themselves apart from other software companies and are the only one I will ever use. Thanks Bookafy.

Cons

Hello Amber, thank you for the kind words! We will work hard on customer service to earn a 5 in the future. Thank you!

MICHAEL D.

Internet, self-employed

Very good clean and easy to use interface

It has really helped my business, as it allowed me to book appointments with potential clients.

Pros

Very easy to use user interface, and has some nice integrations with 3rd party apps, like zoom, google calendar.

Cons

The booking page design could be better, it's design I don't like that much.

Raymond P.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

It works but lacks development & features. It's...rather basic.

Eh. I can't really say the experience was necessarily bad, it just seemed like a lot of nickel and diming for features and the lack of progressive development alongside lack of communication, otherwise, it does what it's supposed to.

Pros

It does what it says, it's just very basic. For the time that I used it, I appreciated the simplicity of it's functions.

Cons

Lack of development & features. Support takes their time responding. The platform feels a bit, outdated compared to others.

Ivan S.

Customer service is great

Even though there are a few things I couldnt figure out right away... Jason was quick to assist with any method possible to help. He even logged into my wordpress website an installed the iframe code... no extra charge. Just good ol fashion customer service... going the extra mile! Within hours, I was all set up and ready to go and still had the support to customize everything to my own company building greater relationships with my clients.

Cons

Ivan, thank you for your feedback and glad Jason was able to help! Keep in contact if we can help with anything in the future!

Alex T.

Simply Awesome!

We looked at virtually every scheduling software out there and Bookafy has been a great experience. The cost is crazy low (don't tell them), the service has been really good (ive called and emailed a few times), its really easy to use, it has been a real breeze for my staff and receptionists to learn and implement the system pretty seamlessly into our business. The Bookafy customer service agent we have been working with is Sarah and she has been incredible.

Cons

Hey Alex, thank you for the nice review of Bookafy! We really appreciate the feedback!

Sarah S.

Easy, Awesome, Super Fast!!!

I would like to thank my Bookafy team for an extremely easy and lightening fast implementation. Everything was very easy to understand and I appreciated having them take me through the system while on the phone. We had everything up and running within one day and I felt confident that their team was always there if I had any questions. Really happy!

Cons

Hi Sarah, thank you for your nice words and the nice review. We really appreciate you taking the time give your feedback!

Stuart S.

I love new start up businesses that kick butt

I go out of my way to work with small start ups when possible. Most of the time it's a disaster. In this case, Bookafy is so darn good I could shout it from the roof tops. These guys are on to something really big and I have been telling everyone I know. Also, I called in and one time the owner answered the phone to help... he was super nice and helpful. I love Bookafy!

SB

Sashana B.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Very simple

I wanted to ensure that I remain organized and keep in contact with my clients so that good business relationships are fostered. With Bookafy, I can do just that.

Pros

The scheduling portion of Bookafy is very easy to use and straight to the point. It has the perfect amount of features. Some software have so many features that it's almost overwhelming to use and unnecessarily complex. I didn't experienced that with Bookafy. I love the fact that I can create gaps of time between appointments so that I can rest and prepare for other clients. Also, I love the fact that I can adjust my availability so that my available booking hours are compatible with my school hours.

Cons

When inputting the types of makeup services I offer under "Appointment Types", I realized that there is no option to insert a display picture of what that service would look like. Having a display picture accompanying the type of appointment would not only make for better presentation, but would allow clients who are a bit more indecisive to have an idea of what that service would look like without having to go onto my main website or instagram page. I also had trouble finding the online payment feature. In fact, I still have not found it. But that is easily remedied by accepting payments in person upon arrival or by wire transfer. That being said, it isn't the easiest booking software to use but it can definitely be used efficiently.

JP

JoAnna P.

Law Enforcement, 501-1,000 employees

Bookafy Is A Great Option For Mid- Large Sized Booking Solutions

We are currently experiencing less no-show's , less confusion over the expectations of the appointment, and less burden on our administrative staff.

Pros

This software has allowed our entity to to create a state-wide appointment booking solution that will allow on average 1,500 to 3,000 appointments per month while providing a reporting mechanism.

Cons

I really can't come up with anything that I don't like about it. This program has simplified our appointment booking system and allows for real-time reports to be pulled.

RP

Richard P.

Human Resources, 501-1,000 employees

Excellent Product/Service

They actually have customer service...yes...real people in the US who will help you on the phone.

Pros

This is an excellent Calendar tool. Very easy to use… Super intuitive. They constantly update the application with new features. I've researched and tried many others. Bookafy is the best.

Cons

There is really nothing about this app that I don't like. It's been very good for me.

SW

Stephanie W.

Best Customer Service!

When I found Bookafy it was amazing to me how much they offered in comparison to other scheduling software without the ridiculous price tag and fine print. I actually told them that I think they should raise prices, and they said We are happy having a low monthly fee, no set up fee... and a lot of companies using it, we have no plans to change pricing. It sounded to me like they get that comment a...

Thank you Stephanie!

Esther G.

Photography, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Difficult to Manage

I don't really like it. It's too hard to manage the dashboard

Pros

I like that I can add a "book now" tab to my homepage

Cons

It is difficult to manage the calendar when I only need to open it up for a few days. I don't do a lot of scheduled events, but when I do host one, I need a specific time slot available for a particular day. It is very hard to get that right... I have to mess with vacation schedules

UK

Ursula K.

Very helpful customer service and easy to learn program.

I love this software... one thing in particular... knowing that everyone has specific business needs, the Bookafy crew has been amazing at taking my feedback and improving their site. Frankly, it was good as is... and I wasn't going anywhere. But I gave them a little feedback and right away they said, that is a great idea and a week later it was implemented. Look, I work for a software company and we aren't doing anything that fast. We barely take feedback and almost never implement requests (shhhh)... so needless to say I was very very pleased. This software honestly gets better and better every week. (I think they roll out a serious of features weekly).

LS

Leah S.

Great software

We absolutely love our scheduling software. We often say we don't know how we ever did without it. We still have the same front receptionist, but she is now spending more of her time greeting customers, working on marketing, helping plan events, etc. I would estimate that she spends about 80% of her time doing non-scheduling related tasks, and before it was 80% on scheduling. For a small monthly fee, we are saving a massive amount of money and time and I couldn't be happier. Oh yeah, I wanted to say the customer service is great, love the online tech support. They have always been able to walk us through problems or issues we have had.

KK

Kelly K.

Excellent and very affordable system

Pros: We have been using your services for about 1 year and have had hardly any problems. Your customer service is fantastic, the service you provide is really good and the price is very reasonable... Bookafy is giving us great value for themoney. Cons: There are few features that are missing and would be useful, but I have no doubt that these will get added in due course as everything else has. The upside to this 'con'is that I asked them for the features and they said 'great idea, we will do it'. No biggie. Overall: I would highly recommend and the value for money is excellent.

JB

Jennifer B.

Great tool for home services business!

We run a 15 person carpet cleaning company in Seattle and recently started using Bookafy. Within days, our stress has gone down dramatically. We manage the calendar for 15 seperate trucks/techs out in the field, all from one master calendar. As well, we are getting so many more last minute appointments and our schedule is so much fuller than it ever was. Rather than phone tag, or end of the day call backs... customers are scheduling online and it is automatically going to the available staff... therefor filling everyones' calendar. Ecstatic. Best $40 bucks I've ever spent!

EB

Emma B.

Integrations are Key

The software is awesome, and one thing I really love is all of the integrations. Granted, they don't do every integration on the planet, but they do a bunch that I was already using and it saves me a ton of time. I integrate with Google calendar, Quickbooks and Mail chimp. Its so nice that my personal calendar is synced up my work calendar (same with my staff), my accounting software is synced up with calendar (no double entry) and my marketing is all synced up. I am on cruise control and loving Bookafy!

Cons

Thank you Emma for the kind words!

LW

Laura W.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Powerful calendar that you can integrate to your main calendar but also with Zoom

Pros

What gives this app a gold star is the ability to add location parameters and links to Zoom web meetings.

Cons

The lack of PayPal integration and the branding design customisation wasn't quite as sleek as Acuity's. Great candidate though.

Hey, thanks for the nice review! Happy to help via phone if you have a moment. you can grab a time at https://demo.bookafy.com :) See if we can get a few stars for support :) Also we are working on paypal... and we are also giving businesses the option to hide all of our branding in the next week or two. Hoping to earn your business!

GH

Greg H.

Great Customer Service

I was having a problem on my calendar. Started chating with Beth... We couldn't figure it out right away, but she provided superb and fast customer service by staying on the issue until it was resolved. She even went so far as to follow up with me by email later in the day to be sure everything was resolved to my satisfaction. I was very impressed by this. Thank you Beth!

JA

Jean-Ann A.

Bookafy is really great!

I found Bookafy last summer when I was working to improve my scheduling for my summer gig... During the summers I wash windows, and this software works great. This fall I introduced it to my principal at the school (mid sized private school) and we started using it for parent teacher conferences. Hello Easy! Seriously, its dreamy. Just try it!

MG

Manuela G.

Fantastic Software, Highly Recommended!

Cons: A little tricky to set up, even if you are tech savvy. Pros: I suppose the reason it is tricky to set up is because there are a ton of customization options. The good news... there was always someone at the end of the phone or emails to help out when I have needed it. Overall: A highly recommended Bookafy Scheduling.

JG

James G.

Great for Golf Pro

I do lessons for juniors and adults, and I have been using bookafy to streamline my scheduling process. Also, I have my customers pay at the time of booking through the Bookafy interface. It works great. I am scheduling more appointments, and making more money all for just a few dollars this software costs!