Gather Reviews

4.33/5 (79 reviews)

Tabitha Rodriguez

Gather has made my proposal writing 100% better than when I had to write them manually using word.

Reviewed 2017-09-12

Quick & easy creation of bookings. Fast reaction updates with existing bookings. Immediate updates across the entire booking and all of its documents. Superior customer service.We are a restaurant with a huge catering business and this software was designed for an on site caterer with event rooms versus everything being off site like our business model. I am looking forward to the modifications in the future that close the gap on the two concepts better. It has made proposal writing a dream! I love that everything is live across the entire booking with a click of the mouse. The customer service is unbelievable! Everyone is always so pleasant & receptive with all of my questions, comments, concerns & suggestions. The mobile app is great and we want to use it more but the team communication alert email doesn't function on mobile which renders it useless to our team. The reporting seems to constantly improving but we can not connect it to our system so we do not currently use it but I look forward to a day when we can. I absolutely love all of the filtering throughout the entire program and how there are multiple ways to find a previous booking. The calendar is my favorite view and I am looking forward to beginning to use the task function shortly. I have created many many menu templates which is superb but would like to copy one from an actual booking as well. Overall, I completely understand that this is meant for more formal venue catering so I am just grateful that I am able to utilize it at the level that I can for corporate/off site catering. It is so quick & easy and I just cant believe how effective it is to update for a client. Great job!

Eva Martiny

Helps to keep my event information organized and shared with my team

Reviewed 2016-10-05

I am the General Manager and Event Planner for a very busy restaurant. Gather helps to keep me organized, in touch with clients and staff, and keeps all of the information I need in one place. I love that clients can get in touch with me through a Gather link on our website, and I can convert a lead into a booking very easily. Keeping up with so many people and events is exhausting, but Gather makes it much easier for me to have all necessary information and conversations with clients in one place. I also love that I can have my clients "sign" event contracts through the website, send deposits, and put a card on file. My team can also access conversations and documents so that they can stay up to speed with what is going on. But I think my favorite part is that the bookings calendar can be synced with my google calendar across all of my devices. :)Customer Service, price, and rapidly growing features

Caitlin Kraina

A little complicated to use, but it's a powerful event management tool that your clients will love!

Reviewed 2018-01-16

From the customer/client experience, it's wonderful. Great, professional design, easy to review contracts/policies, make payments, and correspond with questions. From the admin perspective, I like that it keeps me organized. There are so many moving parts to events and it's so nice to have everything organized in the calendar, have each event represented, and every event have it's own page to store details, connect with the client & staff, track & collect payments, create and send policies to review, request payments (can be custom or based on pre-set pricing menus), and store details for your team and/or the client (i.e. event floorplan, vendor info, etc). Gather's customer support has also been amazing! They always respond to questions in a timely manner and provide webinars on a consistent basis as well.

Cassandra Oberloier

Overall, fairly smooth and easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-09-13

I like the aesthetic of the software and that the Gather team seems to always be working on ways to improve the product.

Robin Geraci

Wow! This was a lifesaver.

Reviewed 2017-12-14

TIME! I have recommended this product to at least 4 companies and I know two have signed up. The benefit I get is that my guests can see their proposal in real time and it's speedy so contracts can get signed quickly.I love how user friendly this software is and how it is so easy to navigate. I like how we can generate a report with multiple pages at one time. The filtering options make it very convenient for me to review each of the restaurants at a single time.

Kari Mauk

I couldn't imagine handling our volume of events without Gather, it's a game changer!

Reviewed 2017-12-12

My favorite part of Gather is the centralized source of information. The entire team has access to communication with the client. The client has up to date access to menus, details, and financials. The team can communicate within each event. The leads form, booking templates, email templates, and generated documents look sharp and make my job a million times easier. There are so many new features since we began with Gather in 2014 and it just keeps getting better.

Timothy Ramey

Extremely bad customer service, buggy software

Reviewed 2017-08-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Even though we gave them notice of cancellation after about 9 months they have twice charged our card for renewals which are not valid.Generally the contract feature was fine. We liked executing contracts on line even though the contract tool did not have all of the client info required

David Carpenter

Gather has been a great tool that reduces the amount of time spent logging details of events!

Reviewed 2017-09-12

Everyone is able to see whats going on in the private dining room. From the Front of House Manger to the Chef to the GM and Banquet Manager. It's all available in one centralized location. Customizing the menu options to cater to the guests needs is a breeze! Sending out contracts that are consistent with your brand is important. Once it's worded properly and stored, it's sent out the same every time. All communication between the guest and the venue is all in one place.

Alison Colberg

This booking platform is so user-friendly; it makes the booking process quick and easy.

Reviewed 2017-09-18

Gather saves me so much time so I'm able to respond to more leads and create proposals and correspond with clients in a more timely manner. All of this frees me up to do more networking outside the office and in turn generate more business for my event space.The most awesome thing is, I can do everything in one system. I receive leads via Gather, I send and receive emails, book space, create BEO's, collect deposits, send invoices and other documents via Gather. It's the greatest and easiest booking system I've ever used and I've been in the event industry since 1987. The 2nd thing I love about Gather is their customer service. My rep always goes above and beyond every time, is always there to assist me, responds immediately, and is an absolute joy to work with.

Chelsea Sophiea

Gather has allowed our team to see each our business as a whole with everything going on!

Reviewed 2017-09-18

A central communication spot for our whole team, rather than searching through emails! Gather is super easy for client's to understand, easy to get estimate approvals, and easy to collect payments. I really like that you can see timestamps of when clients have opened emails that we send through Gather, it lets us know they've at least reviewed the info so we can adjust when to send for a follow up. It is very easy to add and adjust menus and pricing.

Alicia Upperman

Amazing

Reviewed 2017-09-12

I started using this software about a year and half ago. It has made my job so much easier and saved so much time. It is very user friendly ( for both the client and myself). What has really impressed me the most with this company is their customer service. The few times, I have had a question, I received a response by someone on their team within an hour. I could not be happier with Gather and their team.

Alexandra Coughlin

Simple yet advanced event planning software.

Reviewed 2017-12-16

Having one place for all of the events to live. Gather offers users the ability to easily organize a vast majority of events that otherwise can become overwhelming. Being able to process payments on Gather is the BEST feature. It promotes a feeling of professionalism for the guest.

Kim Schubert

Going from excel to an actual program had defintley helped organize all 4 locations that I book for.

Reviewed 2017-09-12

organization, everyone is on the same page, easy access for key employee's, simple for the guests to sign and pay depositI like that I have my leads, bookings and emails all in 1 location. It's also very helpful for the general managers, chefs and my assistant to be able to see all communications and notes in one location.

Hannah Choy

So far, so good

Reviewed 2017-09-18

Managing and organizing all my eventsI like how all the events and details appear on my own calendar. I also like how I can process payment through Gather.

Tobi Danise Hammond

Great service, ease of use, clients love it

Reviewed 2017-12-05

Gather software easy to use, printing BEO's, details added, etc., all of it is simple & clean. I wish we would have started using it years ago. It's an event planner's best friend!Gather is super easy for customers to use, guests love it, and the contracts are simplified. I wish we would have started using it long ago!

Angie Miller

Gather-A Real Time Saver!

Reviewed 2017-12-14

I like how I can quickly send out information, from a lead to sending a contract-the templates are the best and saves so much time, which is critical in a competitive market. It is very user friendly-even for those without a lot of computer experience.

Anonymous

I use Gather on a daily basis to track and plan events for mutiple locations

Reviewed 2017-12-11

I can access multiple locations in one glance at my calendar . Its very user friendly and easy to switch between locations so I can see each calendar at a glance. My team can easily access the documents fo reach event.

Topher Cunningham

Simply a Game Changer for Event Persons wanting to stay organized & efficient, with a touch of class

Reviewed 2017-12-09

Clean & Stylish software to share & communicate with clients and staff alike. Easy to use, and make any changes to customize it to your particular needs. Helps me stay organized better than anything I've used in the past. So grateful to have found Gather!The maneuverability within the program makes it really easy to get things done, without a lot of erroneous data entry. Keeps you organized with multiple ways to view upcoming events while also being able to communicate with necessary staff within your establishment. The menu system is incredible, and user friendly for both myself and clients.

Matthew Warnke

Gather has made my life easier

Reviewed 2018-03-22

Gather simplifies my lifeIntuitive software with the best support in the industry. New features added all the time. The Gather team listens to their customers and they adjust on the fly. I save minutes of my day every time I use this software's features. What could be more important than that.

Joanne Schwenke

The Gather system is very easy to navigate and an asset during our busiest seasons.

Reviewed 2017-09-18

Past present and future events all stored in one place. Can book events quickly and timely. Easily make changes and send out proposals to be approved. Simplicity and informative. Events can be booked with ease and clarity. Gather is a must for our busiest seasons.

Anonymous

Gather is great for communicating details with clients and internal staff.

Reviewed 2017-12-05

I love how accessible it is -- I can easily check dates on the app and using it is so simple. Also, I can work with clients and they can see the updates in real time. This helps in closing the deal in a lot of cases! It makes us look good!

kimberly ligh

14 years Catering Manager in charge of booking events.

Reviewed 2017-09-18

Well organized. The software crossed with our email database for ease of import. The messaging system works well for tracking customer contact and the financial page is great for guest to see estimate. Love it is a live link.The software is well organized and easily transfers online request through email. The color coding system helps identify easily the event status in the calendar. Printing of menus and event proposals are easy and quick.

Andrew Oser

Absolutely great software for event planning

Reviewed 2017-12-14

I absolutely love the ease of use of the software. Very simple and straight forward with design. The ability to communicate with your client and show them itemized statements, contracts, menus, & room items is so convenient.

Kim Genovese

My corporate office pays for it and I can not comment on the value as I do not know what they pay.

Reviewed 2017-12-11

organization and the ability for anyone in my company to edit, make notes, check something for a client if I am outbeing able to go back with ease and see all the clients past events here and easily rebook without having to put it all in again. I also really like the way the leads are laid out so I can scan the list and easily find and filter I get a lot of calls so its nice to be able to pull them up fast

Rachel Jordan

Gather is one of the most intuitive softwares I've used. It's easy to navigate and looks very clean.

Reviewed 2017-09-12

Ease of use, convenient access online from any computer, and simple and quick booking process for simple events. It's easy for clients to view and approve proposals and takes a lot less time for the back-and-forth of approval.