PayPal Zettle Logo

PayPal Zettle

Mobile point of sale software to process online payments

PayPal Zettle Reviews

User ratings

4.6

1.9K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.83/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

My experience is really good and I was using PayPal since 2020 and I love to used it I can use PayPal Donation which is really good for streamers and gamers.
In general my experience is positive on the other hand I think that it is very important to have a good customer service and be present in the Arab countries as well.
If you love PayPal then PayPal Here is going to be another favorite. It's easy to use and perfect for in-person selling.
Susceptible to scammers and fraudulent activities that use its brand to lend an air of credibility to their activities.
You have to be connected to an internet signal to use it. We've been in a spot where service is weak and the app lags or crashes.
So far, I've been blocked by paypal because there is a signal problem when logging in. This made me to create a new account, which of course had an effect on the work I was doing.

PayPal Zettle users...

Payoneer

Venmo-logocaret
+ 1

Venmo

How would you rate PayPal Zettle?

1,946 reviews

Chase M.

Owner

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Best option to send and receive payments

Transcript

Chase: My name is Chase. I am the owner of a digital branding agency, and I give PayPal a three out of...

small business life saver

Transcript

Marci: Hi, my name is Marci. I am a creator in the arts and crafts field, and I personally give PayPal...

I Zettle the dream

Pros

Really good experience, I love the product and the small device. It is easy to use and allows me to manage my payments easily and effectively. It is a really quick and effective way of taking online payments and virtual payments from clients that have their debit/credit card but no cash. You can take the device with you wherever you go, as long as you have wifi / data you can accept payment.

Cons

It has a higher service charge than I would like for a small business like myself. I would appreciate a change in tarrif to reflect my sales / a start up company option for small start ups which will reduce tariff charges for service charges until you've made over a certain amount , then the tariff prices raise.

Take Credit Cards through your device for products and events - PayPal Here

This was overall what we needed. We have retreats almost every weekend, and sell products at those retreats or when travelling. The PayPal Here app allowed us to scan our products for easy input, add ticket sale options, and take credit cards from the same app. Also, Customer Service worked with us to implement a second device. We can't ask for better than that.

Pros

The iOS and Android compatibility was perfect for us, as we have a tablet and an iPad. The first swipe device was free. Customer Service worked with us to implement a second device. You can add event tickets, as well as products to sell. You can take cards by typing or swiping. The app keeps up with all transactions and transfers the information to your account.

Cons

It was glitchy at times and logged us out often. To take a card manually, you have to pay an extra fee.

Easy to use; great for occasional use

Overall positive experience. My original card scanner broke so I had to purchase another. I wish they would give another for free especially if the original one stops working.

Pros

I like that there is no monthly fee. I can use it as much or as little as I want for my business. It is easy to set up with different point of sale items and can even add pictures.

Cons

I do not like that you can't archive items to pull up to use again. That feature would be great to have. The processing rate isn't that great compared to other processors but is manageable for occasional use or special events.

The most Security way to send and receive money all over the world

I started with Paypal 10 months ago when registering the account. I noticed a lot of procedures that I used to do in the beginning. They were redundant, but later I learned that they are very important because they help secure your account. Paypal is very secure. It uses 2FA.talking about transactions, paypal is Very fast in sending, receiving and paying with the application on the android and ios systems which makes the use easy. Paypal always updates the conditions in order to maintain the quality of the service with good customer service and very fast, for me in my work life Paypal represents a large part of my work as You can create a business type account that provides you with a lot of tools to connect your business with the application, I think it is the best so far

Pros

Paypal is very fast and easy to using more than others

Cons

The commission for direct withdrawal to a bank account or bank card is $5, which is somewhat high

Paypal here review

It's been an incredible experience! I love that it's available on my smartphone as an app, so when I'm on the go. I can quickly and efficiently send an invoice, receive payment or transfer funds.

Pros

I love that it's available on my smartphone as a app, so when I'm on the go. I can quickly and efficently send a invoice, receive payment or transfer funds.

Cons

I currently have no cons about the PayPal here app.

Pay With Ease

My overall experience has been fine, with the exception of what I mentioned about what I least like about the software.

Pros

Its ease of use! I use this to pay just about all of my bills, mortgage included! It's easy to navigate and their is no guess work.

Cons

I honestly cannot find anything I dislike about the software per se but I am however a little angry that Paypal has of recently decided to let us make payments straight from our bank accounts instead of me having to purchase Paypal Cash cards to transfer money. I've been paying a mortgage for almost 6 years now and it is only as of recently I've been able to enjoy this feature. I've spent god knows how much money on transfer fee's ($4.95) for the last 6 years and now you finally enable this feature? Not helpful at all.

Easy Pay

It has made payments much easier and faster. We have overall saved money with the lower fee per sale. I highly recommend checking it out.

Pros

Contactless payments, accepts most major cards, low rates. I've yet to have a payment that it didn't accept. The fee per use is relatively low compared to other major readers at right around two percent. Very user friendly and easy set up.

Cons

Very rarely I will have to reset the system which is a pain when you are in mid transaction but it's very rare and resets fast.

The esential app for modern frelancers and entrepeneurs

Since I am a freelancer, most of the time I work with people who do not use the same currency as I do, or simply, they prefer to make every transaction right on PayPal, and since most of the time people like me are busy, its really nice to have direct access to the PayPal feature on your phone, with no complications. Things, like paying or transferring to an employee, requesting money for a debt, even splitting a bill, becomes really easy. In my experience, I think is a MUST HAVE in your phone and in a daily basis as an entrepreneur. I couldnt work or solve as fast many problems that you face in your daily basis without it.

Pros

There is so much to say about this, things like waiting for long logging time to get to your money, or pay for products or services is long gone, this app has helped me so much for my business, I could be at a train station, on the bus and even exercising in exteriors and still be managing my money, the payments for requested products, ask a client for a payment real quick, even if one member of my family needs some i can just transfer directly from the app. Its just marvelous.

Cons

Not really much like cons, but more like, maybe a little interface enhancement would be great. Or how to navigate through the menu. The current one is ok and usefull, but I trully believe it can improved to make transfer and request even more fast.

Excellent App

It’s one of the best apps out there on the market right now I’m able to make all my transactions for my customer through it very easy to navigate through and saves me lots of time makes my life easier

Pros

Here is one of the best apps out there on the market right now. It is really easy to navigate and really easy to collect payments for my merchandise. It makes my life a lot easier

Cons

There’s nothing I like least about this app it is an excellent app for every day use

Receive And Make Payments Easily

PayPal has competitive rates to other payment processors. PayPal has a reputation for excellent service, the transactions are completely secure, the quality and guarantee that has been established with the brand makes it recognizable and trusted to prospective customers. This is an asset for businesses where clients want that extra level of security that PayPal offers. Transactions are processed instantaneously and multiple currencies are handled without the need for us to convert them. PayPal does all of the work and is reliable. PayPal is essential to our company and to my personal use.

Pros

PayPal is widely accepted everywhere. The need to store customer payment information is eliminated providing added security for clients. The PayPal dashboard is easy to use, all information is stored in one place. Shipping and contacting a client becomes easy if necessary. Processing payments is easy. At checkout Paypal handles everything.

Cons

We haven't had any real issues with PayPal. The few times we have had to deal with customer service they were quick to respond to our issues. The foreign exchange rate is not always that great which is sometimes a drawback.

Wish I had gotten this sooner

Before I was unable to accept cards and I had tried a few other point of sale apps with little success and ridiculous fees. This app has really made my customer base expand since so many people don't like to carry cash and I was unable to take a card and unwilling to use some of the regular mobile cash apps because I didn't want to link my bank account.

Pros

Simple and easy to use and it connects straight to my PayPal so I didn't have to download and set up even more on my phone. I use the PayPal mobile card reader because I am constantly on-the-go so with this I can use my phone to accept credit card payments for my small business. The fees aren't too high on it and there's no monthly fee which makes my wallet feel better when business is slow.

Cons

What I like least isn't so much the software itself it's the customer service that comes along with it. I've only experienced one issue so far while using it but getting customer service to take care of it is kind of like being on a carousel. No-one could help me, they didn't have the authority to fix the problem and transferred me repetitively. Finally after two days worth of constant calling I finally reach someone who could help but that's a lot of work for something I would have thought would have been so easy. Once I reached that person my issue was solved in a matter of minutes so that individual gets a thumbs up but it was very time-consuming to find someone with the knowledge and authority to help.

Paypal

Pros

I love this software and the availability that it allows you to collect money from customers and also pay customers out of any number of your personal accounts. I do like the fact that Paypal allows a family member to send you money owed without a charge to to the one receiving the funds.

Cons

My only issue with Paypal is the cost you have to pay to use the software if you are the one receiving funds from the customer. This takes away any profit you may get when selling an item. Most of the time a person is selling an item at a reduced cost anyway. Also, Paypal charges for the entire item plus shipping which I do not think is fare. The seller is not getting the advantage of shipping and to be included is not right.

Most user friendly for accepting in person payments

Overall this app is the most user friendly I've ever used and the usage fees are minimal compared to other apps like paypal here I recommend this app to any small business

Pros

Love how easy this app is to use and love how you can save your product or service by individual selections for easy future checkout

Cons

I can't find anything I didn't like about this app I give it five stars two thumbs up. Every small business should use this app.

The best money transferring app

Like I said in my previous review questions, my overall experience with paypal is one to remember. Such a great company with great workers. The app runs smooth, and they are a trusted brand that everyone can rely on. I love them!

Pros

Wow. Just wow. I have been a paypal customer for over 7 years now and I love everything about the company. If I ever had anything go wrong (soooo rarely) their customer support is always available and ready to help. The app makes money transferring so easy, with a click of a button. Paypal is one of those company’s who is a powerhouse in the industry of financial services and is trusted around he world and a middleman for transactions. You need this app if you do any internet purchasing. I love paypal and this app just is he icing on the cake.

Cons

The app when it first came out was a little glitchy. But the paypal team quickly fixed it up with efficient upgrades and updates to ensure their customers have a great expireneve. I have no lthing bas to say about paypal and cannot find anything to complain about. This company is the best at what they do!

PayPal Still Number One

I had to call customer service on three separate occasions about the same time. When I called the first two times about a dispute, they were never entered into the claims department. It wasn’t until I spoken to a third agent, who took my claim and enter it into the system properly and reassure me that this situation will be taken care of. This beautiful person gave me a timeframe of when everything should be finished and to surprise, it was done just like he promised. It took PayPal over nine months to return $17.33. No matter what, I still have a sense of security when it comes to my account dealing with PayPal.

Pros

What I love most about PayPal is that I can link all my accounts to my PayPal account. When I’m paying for something I can choose what account I want the money to come out of. It gives me control and allows me to navigate my finances.

Cons

Customer service didn’t handle my dispute properly and customer service also doesn’t give returns back in a properly manor.

The latest paypal family’s son

Paypal here app. I saw that version of Paypal software, in UK for my first time. I remind it s very very quick and Fast to use. Seller just needs a phone or tablet or another similar dispositive, and a Bluetooth connection. Buyer (me and my daughter)..to be honest, my daughter got it and explained me how it was.. Just need the app previously downloaded and connected to a credit or debit card. Buyer...

Pros

First of all, please consider i an probably one of the oldest Italian paypal’ s user. As when paypal was vien, i remind i immediately opened an account for my personal needed, first of all let’s shop on ebay. So i really really have an important know-how about this Product. I discovered the new son, “paypal here app”, coming to meet my daughter who lives in UK. I really appreciated the very easy way to move steps in app, specially it doesn t let u lost time. Easy, quick, and appreciated by the sellers, and in stores, and in markets.

Cons

Ad i wrote, i m a great fan of Paypal family, so i really enjoy this new Product. I m so sad it s not actually in use in my country, Italy, but someone talk about it will come not so far. I really appreciate the instantly way as u can switch money with other users, for example if i m in need to send money from Italy to uk for a money Emergency of my daughter, i can stay relax and no anxiety: money will come in few seconds. Price it s not too expencive, as if i m not in wrong, service costs 2,7%.

PayPal here is the best way to take card payments with your cell phone

I’ve had nothing but a great experience using PayPal here. I previously used a competing software and it was horrible in comparison. PayPal here will be around for a long time because it’s just a great program.

Pros

So convenient to be able to take credit/debit card payments with your cell phone! Payments go straight into your PayPal account and are available immediately. Very easy to use, just plug the card swiper into the headphone jack on your cell phone and you’re good to start taking payments.

Cons

The only negative thing I can think of to say about PayPal here is the transaction fee is a little on the high side, wouldn’t mind seeing it a little lower.

Perfect

Pros

PayPal here is perfect for any small business owner. It is extremely easy to use, and the user interface looks perfect. The prices are fair and the customer service is very friendly. The fact that you can make invoices and send them out to customers via email or text message is incredibly handy. PayPal will also send you out a free card reader.

Cons

I think the only downside to PayPal here is the fact that most debit and credit cards are moving to either a touchless interface or using the chip. It does not seem that PayPal here is quite yet suited for touchless and chip as well as some others. You can still use them but you have to pay a good amount for the readers.

EASY MONEY

I no longer have issues taking payments on th food truck I manage .

Pros

I love how easy this was to set up and learn how to use . Everything was explained and help was available when I needed it

Cons

I dont like the percentage charged to me for transactions , especially right now during COVID .

Accepted Everywhere

Overall great experience. The one thing I will say is make sure you keep all records with you, paypal, and any other thrid party you do business with. If someone disputes a paypal and you cant back it up, your pretty much screwed.

Pros

What I lik about using paypal is that its easy to use, accepted almost anywhere as far as online and Ecommerse are concerned, and they can pay you out daily if you choose. I love the fact as a business accounbt they have many other products you are able to utilize with Paypal.

Cons

What I do not like about using paypal are the fees. They are/can get quite high depending on how much you utilize them. But its paypal. Not to many other options pout quite yet.

PayPal Card Processing on the go at a solid price, fast and easy

I have been a PayPal customer since they were with eBay and have had issues here and there. This product has been flawless for me though. To be fair, each issue I had over the decade plus has been worked out and policies have changed over time. PayPal continues to grow and adapt and aI have no reason to doubt they will continue to do so.

Pros

I use the reader and the add on to my business account to handle any Credit Card efforts I may have. The reader is easy to use, fast and allows for multiple input types and methods

Cons

I have no issues with this product and have used PayPal for many years.

Very Convenient for Events

This is the perfect app to have when you are off site for an event of if you have a business that travels and can't take a large register with you. Or even if you just need to charge someone for something on the go. Highly recommend.

Pros

You are able to create a list of items for sale to make events easier when you are running credit cards. For example, I pre-populated a list for ticket sales and raffle tickets so that they didn't have to be typed in individually each time, and the amount was already in there. So all you need to do is submit the number of each item. The customer can receive an instant email receipt if they choose. Cards can be run with a card reader that attaches to your phone or tablet or entered manually in the case that the card reader isn't working.

Cons

As long as you have a good wi-fi connection or phone service connection things usually run pretty smoothly . The longest part of things is usually having the customer enter their email address to receive a receipt, but other than that things go pretty quickly.

One of the best for electronic transactions

In general, PayPal represents for me a great tool for the global Internet, it facilitates the life of those who want security and ease in the transfer of resources that help the expressive way those who sell on the Internet just like me.

Pros

The ease in financial transactions and the fact that it is accepted in most of the sites that I use in my work, frankly, I never had any serious problems with this application and the use for some years.

Cons

On certain occasions, I had some unforeseen events, with respect to some application settings, I had some difficulties and I had to request support by phone. At this point, I think there must be an improvement so that more laypeople can configure it without difficulties.

Paypal Here is our choice for merchant solutions

Tp described our overall satisfaction, i would say 10/10 or 5 stars, we been using it for 5 years and business has been amazing with their product services and customer service. We were able to expand and reach people online door to door and in store and management is easy with details transactions and info. Highly recommended.

Pros

We loved everything about paypal here their rates a very competitive and their software is really great im able to use it for online, in store, or on the go transactions. There easy to use free spftware and hardware allows you to use ur phone to swipe cards or take cash where ever you are.

Cons

We can't even think of something we don't like about paypal here.

A trusted payment method

I have used Paypal many times without having any problem. I think that this is the best option for keeping safe our card details when doing online transactions.

Pros

I love Paypal here since it is a trusted and easy method to do global payments. I have used Paypal as my payment gate since the day when I started online shopping. Without giving our card details for the all websites which we need to do the transactions, it provides more safer plan. Because of that we can save ourselves from giving the card details for the vulnerable sites. This application supports many platforms such as Windows, Mac, Android, etc. Paypal is extremely useful for me to do my transactions within a very little time period with efficiency. Currently most of the sites provides Paypal as a payment option. As a 3rd party application, Paypal provides a better service and I can recommend the Paypal for online transactions.

Cons

To be honest, I do no have any negative thoughts or any issue about the Paypal until today.