All categories

UserTesting

Customer experience management software

UserTesting Reviews

Pros

Additionally, they have excellent customer support service on deck to help with any issues you might run into while testing. Appreciate the ability to sample across the globe.

Pranav N.

The idea of this software is great. The ability to take targeted surveys to assist in market research is brilliant.

I love this software and this company and will continue using it, such a great and fun way to earn some extra money.

Krystal H.

Phong V.

I often have an issue uploading my finished user tests, which can be frustrating because I don't get paid if they don't upload, even though I've done the work.

Rabindranath Robby S.

4.5

UserTesting Review

Overall, I like Usertesting's communication with testers who are using their app and website. They are able to get back to you as soon as they can. The app may crash at times which can be annoying, but they give out frequent tests and is the most used website. I would continue to use their app and website. I just wish some of the crashes were fixed.

Pros

I like the app a lot. The design of the app is very sleek. The functionality works good where I do not have many problems with it when it comes to tapping on the menu or when I receive tests. I am able to communicate with Customer Support fairly fast and they are able to compensate when it comes to finding bugs at times. They also have an option where you can check to see other tests on the laptop / desktop which they can allow you to test multiple devices. You do get paid to take their tests and they are very good about giving payment. Though, it may take a little longer to receive at times.

Cons

There are times when the app takes a long time to open after receiving a test. There are other times while you are taking one of the tests which you received that there will be lag time for a minute when clicking on the plus sign. Once tapping on the plus sign on the app, it may freeze, and take awhile to get to another page they may request for you to use. Sometimes after you do that, the app crashes.

UserTesting Review

Love it and have recommended it to friends in the same field.

Pros

First and foremost their customer service and feedback is beyond anything I have seen. If I run a user test and there is an error not only will they get back to me in real time, they will walk you through what caused the error so you can avoid it in the future. As for the product itself it took me about a day to feel like a power user, its very intuitive and is such a welcoming UI.

Cons

Every once and a while prototypes using adobe XD will cause about 5% of testers to load a prototype that does not work.

The New Age Lottery

UserTesting is a great site to make side-income. If you live outside the US then it is much better, because the company pays you in dollars which would be easily a lot more in your currency. I would highly recommend UserTesting to those who are constantly on their laptops/desktops because all you need is to keep the site open and wait for the 'ding' sound while continuing with your work in the next tab. It is easy to understand and honestly fun to speak out loud about what goes out in your mind.

Pros

1) Your payment per test ranges from $10 to $60 depending on the tasks, the best part is that the tests are hardly going to take you 10-15 minutes to complete. 2) As a tester your opinions are taken into consideration by Multinational Companies, your opinions are valued here and hold some utility. 3) You will be given the opportunity to test multiple products and services, hence the tests are not monotonous, and its always challenging.

Cons

1) Waiting for a test could get really tiresome, because the tests are rarely available. The availability is so low that sometimes you can go an entire week without hearing 'the ding' sound on your laptop. 2) Qualifying for tests is another aspect in which most people lose out. You may be online when a test is available but it is not always possible to qualify for a test. 3) The UserTesting mobile app is not always going to pop-up with notfication when the tests are available. Infact, in my experience the app has never notified me about any tests. 4) Sometimes when you are qualifying for the tests, the survey stops in the middle because the test already has enough users to begin, which invariably leads to wasting the time you spent on filling out the form.

QUICK MONEY!

My overall experience with UserTesting was half good and half bad. They had sometimes where their website would glitch and throw my test off. Then I would have to contact customer service with the test number and a few more details which made it a little annoying. The good experience I had with them was that the reviews were pretty short and easy to do when I did get approved. I would get my money within a week and be able to pay for things that I needed. Such as material for my business or gas and sometimes even help my employees out with something.

Pros

What I like most about UserTesting is that it's most of the time quick money. I would review some software or an app/prototype and if the client decided that I was truthful and gave them what they needed to better their item I would get payed in a week. Some reviews were for $10 and then they had live interviews for $40 which was a big bonus for me. It was a quick and easy way for me to get some money on the side, if I had any upcoming bills or needed gas money.

Cons

What I least like about UserTesting is that they would have me go through a little test before doing the actual review. That test determined if you were eligible to do the review, which was the catch. Sometimes I would spend like 30 minutes trying to get approved to do a review and it was VERY time consuming. To the point that I got so excited when I was approved to do one and it was only for $10. Then sometimes it wouldn't take long at all, so I guess it's kind of a hit and miss.

User testing helped us to provide real insights for our products.

We have used many testing platforms but User testing is one of the best one which allowed us to create tasks for the testers and to know their feedback about our websites and their testers provide us very helpful feedback and corrections that are needed in our website, overall user testing is really good platform for us.

Pros

One of the best features of user testing is that we can create Number of tasks for testers. we can add multiple choice and text based questions. it provides us real feedback from their experienced testers, which is always helpful before launching our product. their feedback and queries are true and helpful if we need to make any changes to our program.

Cons

There is not much like a disadvantage of using usertesting, it is bit expensive but i think the feedback from the testers worth the expense so it is very good.

Amazing tool

Pros

I guess the tool overall is very easy to use, you'll find your test have participants assigned in less than 20/30 min or around 2 hours for live conversation moderated tasks. The team at Usertesting is also amazing and always willing to help out.

Cons

there are a few things that need improvement, but these are very small things and mostly on new functionalities that are being worked on.

My UserTesting Experience - GREAT!

The Usertesting tool is very easy to use. There is such value that is brought through the ability to examine how others experience your products and services. Even if you're not a professional researcher, UT makes the tool easy to use, with tons of pre-made templates for your use and editing ability. The support team is very helpful and informative.

Pros

There are many parts of the tools I enjoy. The pre-made templates makes it easy for a non-researcher like myself to create tests and edit them based on my specific need. The support team is very helpful and knowledgeable. The ability to mark up the videos by taking notes of important thoughts/sections. The ease of use and dynamic functionality.

Cons

I still think there are areas of improvement but it's clear that they are always adding new features and additional value to their products. One thing that sticks out to me is that there could be some improvements in terms of the collaboration between larger teams. For instance, a team mate can create a test and add notes to it but I want to review and take notes also. I have no way of knowing whos notes are whos.

Great for user testin!

Overall, it is a great usability study tool however it lacks depth as a tool. it does not have all the features of other tools.

Pros

This tool is great for usability studies. It is easy to create a study and launch it using their panel.

Cons

I do not like that they are only used for usability testing. There are a lot more methods that i would like them to integrate.

Easy to use most of the time

I’ve had mostly positive experiences with Usertesting and customer service always helps when there is an issue.

Pros

It’s very easy to use, for the most part, and the payments are quick to receive, always on time and reliable.

Cons

Ive ran into a few issues where recording will randomly not work or the microphone won’t work but this is rare.

Lots of $$ opportunities

Pros

What I like the most about UserTesting is that it provides me numerous opportunities to make extra money.

Cons

The thing I like least about UserTesting is at times the tasks are not fine for me.

UserTesting Review

Things being what they are, is it going to supplant extraordinary client specialists? By no means. Is it going to be an incredible instrument that scientists can use in explicit conditions to make particular sorts of testing quicker and less expensive? Completely! Maybe the best contention for utilizing Usertesting.com is that you can bring it into organizations that aren't as of now doing any client research whatsoever. Whenever someone in your association says they don't have the opportunity or financial plan for client testing, chuckle twistedly and refute them.

Pros

There is no mediator. Extraordinary arbitrators are incredibly useful for client testing. Tragically, most undeveloped individuals are horrendous mediators. They lead, they clarify, they won't shut up… essentially they do all that you can envision to guarantee that you'll have a one-sided test. It is amazingly quick and modest. Client testing can be costly and tedious. Selecting alone can cost...

Cons

I have not yet discovered a decent method to test models with Usertesting.com. At the point when I structure, I make extremely scrappy, fragmented mockups of items. Normally, these solitary disagreement one program, they have no visual plan, and huge pieces of them won't generally work or will utilize counterfeit information. I can manage these issues in a one-on-one meeting by clarifying that the...

Amazing

How can you build a product or service that meets the needs of your customers... if you never bother to ask those customers what their needs are? UserTesting is a platform that allows you to interact with the people who matter the most -- the people using your product or service -- and gather valuable insights regarding how they feel about what you're building for them. From simple design preference tests to in-depth moderated studies, UserTesting allows you to place the customer where they belong: at the center of everything you do.

Pros

This software is EASY to use and has an INCREDIBLY HUGE user pool to pull from. Tests complete within an hour!

Cons

Nothing! I love UT and use it every day.

UserTesting Encourages a Consumer-Centric Mindset in Our Company

We primarily test our messaging and marketing materials through UserTesting, and we have found this platform to be essential to supporting iterative processes. Being able to test through UserTesting has encouraged our stakeholders to ask questions and contributed to stronger content overall. UserTesting also provides unmatched customer support through chat, phone, or email. The training provided by the online community and the support is exceptional when it came to launching our first tests through UserTesting.

Pros

UserTesting is intuitive and provides a multitude of templates for quick test deployments. It has changed the way our stakeholders think about qualitative feedback, and they frequently ask if we can test ideas through the platform. We have found that the participant pool is sufficient for targeting the exact participants that we are looking for, and the additional screener questions are easily customizable. The tools for creating highlight reels are easy to use, especially when it comes to assembling highlight reels through the available tagging feature. Plus, we have started to investigate the available integration with Slack to quickly share results.

Cons

Integrating UserTesting was difficult, as our stakeholders are primarily scientists that lean more on quantitative data. The metrics provided in UserTesting are not considered as a statistically significant sample size, especially since our license is limited to 5 participants per test. Now, however, UserTesting an essential part of developing our marketing materials. In addition, after witnessing the benefits of utilizing UserTesting during prototyping stages, our software teams wanted to join in and use the platform for testing during app development. The opportunity to test on mobile devices is exciting.

Outstanding Usability Tool

UserTesting is an awesome tool to get high quality feedback about your products in a matter of minutes. As an example, I might have three different potential designs for a new feature that I want to test. I can show all three designs to a testing panel and receive qualitative and quantitative feedback that is clear, insightful, and meaningful. As a software product manager, it's awesome when you have data to support your product decisions. UserTesting provides that data. Again, I highly recommend it for product managers, designers, usability researchers, and anyone else looking to gather customer and product feedback.

Pros

UserTesting is an essential tool for any product management, design, or usability team. In a few minutes, it's so easy to set up and design your own usability test. And the best part is that there's no need to recruit participants. Through upfront screener questions, you can leverage UserTesting's panel of high quality testers, with responses typically available within a matter of hours (or sooner). As a Product Manager, I've run several tests with UserTesting and the responses I receive really help to guide our product roadmap decisions. I highly recommend it.

Cons

Occasionally (i.e. 1 in 50), you might encounter a tester who shouldn't be on the panel, but UserTesting is really good about replacing that person with a new tester if you request it. Other than that, I struggle with citing any negatives for UserTesting. It's a terrific tool.

Nice and easy way to get some reward while helping companies

Pros

I like these kind of cooperation websites where you can help companies test their websites and you also get some compensation in return. With UserTesting, you just need to create an account and you get notified whenever a new testing is available for you. Sometimes you need to answer some screening questions first to see if you are a match for the test. These questions can be related to where you...

Cons

Sometimes you don't pass the screening questions, which can be frustrating. :) Also, since this works as a first-come-first-based basis, it can happen that the test is no longer available when you click on it. Otherwise, the platform works great and I love the idea behind it.

Get the right users easily, but annoyingly

User Testing enables me to get in front of the right user provided you're crafty with how you screen your participants. I've used them to conduct usability testing, user interviews, and comparative UI research. It enables me to reach potential users that, for business reasons, I wouldn't have access to in order to conduct user research.

Pros

They make it really easy to get the right participants for your studies, mainly because they have such a large panel. Note-taking and tagging is fairly useful.

Cons

Their plans come with limits on the number of participants per study, if you want more participants per study you have to pay more. Instead they give you this annoying workaround where you can do an unlimited number of studies, which means you have to send them out in batches and then combine the data later, which can get tedious. When you need to replace a participant for one reason or another they make it a little difficult to accomplish. You have to either give the participant a bad rating or report an issue with the video. For such a common issue you'd think they'd have an option to directly replace a given participant.

If you are in the market for fast, valuable insights this is for you !

Pros

Huge pool of users across the globe and especially Canada. This saves me time and I have never had to wait more than a few hours to get my tests back. The users are well informed and provide good feedback, sometimes you get a bad apple but the folks at user testing are more than happy to resolve it for you.

Cons

It can be a little hard to board new users. That being said, the community managers are there to guide your new team members and get them started.

Thanks so much for the review, Shamraiz! We really appreciate it! We're also always looking to improve--would love to chat with you about your onboarding experience and see how we can make it better! Cheers, Lauren

Great for quick, on-the-surface feedback and User Testing

Love it for what it is... A quick way to get test participants in the un-moderated User Test realm. You do gain a lot of insight from being able to just focus on the video recording instead of having to keep track of the recording AND moderating at the same time. You can usually get results back quickly and are able to analyze findings and reiterate quickly because of it.

Pros

Generally easy to set up a test. Being able to get participants is very easy and quick. Usually get results and feedback quick because of fast turning candidate pool. The features it comes with can help and the results options and stats are somewhat telling.

Cons

Features can be limited for what it is. Politics of pay per test are sometimes what keeps me from not testing here because the value gets decreased if it's something small I need to test(I'm paying more than I'm getting). Results stats are sometimes misleading to an overall picture. The instructions need to be carefully written so that you're not giving instructions that are leading or given on the wrong screen.

Easy to use and quick turnaround for research

I am helping my designers and product owners get feedback on new concepts, redesigns, or existing products.

Pros

The quick turnaround on studies is the best part about Usertesting! I am able to launch a study and get results in a few hours. It is also very flexible, you can bend the platform to your will.

Cons

The users on the platform tend to be "professional" testers. Profesional meaning that they do testing so much that you have to screen carefully if you are looking for somebody that is more like your typical user.

Thanks, Juan! We really appreciate the review!

Excellent tool to capture usability information

I have been a usertesting user for over four years and it has been a very positive experience overall. I truly enjoy the oportunity to use the software and to provide feedback on a wide variety of sites and services. The company is very professional and the tool just keeps improving over time.

Pros

This tool has great flexibility in what type of testing you want to do: Public website, mockups from various mockup tools, card sorting, task testing, etc. For the end user taking tests, it does a great job working in a wide variety of scenarios and platforms When taking a test and you have a technical issue and the issue is not on your end, they kindly will still pay you for your time, I appreciate that.

Cons

For the end user taking tests, it still has its share of technical issues you run into, but overall, I don't experience many.

Best user testing service I've used

It's made A/B testing and getting user feedback on interfaces, prototypes, and other ideas quick, of high quality, and more affordable than doing face-to-face user tests.

Pros

The backend is incredibly flexible. You can set up robust, multilevel screeners and target a very specific slice of the testing population. Reviewing responses is smooth and you can do nice things like annotating, bookmarking, etc. at certain points in users' responses.

Cons

You do need to be careful when setting up screeners. Once I made a mistake and didn't get the subset of the population I was intending to target, and had to pay for tests that weren't particularly useful. However, that was my mistake so I can't blame the vendor too much for that!

Thank you for your review! We love to hear feedback like this that confirms we're heading in the right direction.

Great little way to make a few extra $$...if you're sitting at a computer all day!

It's a great way to make a bit of pocket money on the side, if you're sitting at your computer for work all day anyway, and have a bit of flexibility to take a 10-20 minute break on essentially no notice. Overall the software itself is really easy to use. Even someone with little IT knowledge could probably figure it out with all the instructions they provide every step of the way.

Pros

The software itself is VERY easy to use. It has a lot of walkthrough instructions (even when they put out mandatory new releases and changes are made to the UI). They make it really simple to understand how to use it. Step by step instructions, and the UI is laid out in a very easy-to-use way.

Cons

Seems like it must be a resource hog. Every time I use it my fan starts running, the computer seems to heat up a lot, etc.

I Love UserTesting

I have been testing with UserTesting for 2+ years. Testing websites and smartphone apps is lots of fun for me, so I typically have a great experience with UserTesting.

Pros

Software is very user-friendly. Notifications are provided regularly when tests are available and payment for testing is always on time.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is you have to wait 7 days to be paid for tests you have completed.

I almost 100% love this program.

Pros

I was super excited to find Usertesting. When I first started a couple years ago, I was able to take a bunch of tests which I was super thankful for.

Cons

These days though, it's very hard to even get accepted. And I don't really love that the same test comes up like 10 times. It takes up too much time to sort through dozens of the same test I don't quality for.

Thanks Jenipher for being a valued tester! We love that you're finding UserTesting to be high quality and encourage you to continue providing outstanding feedback like you always do.

Easy Money

This software is great all around. It is an opportunity to earn extra income on the side all while giving your opinion about using certain websites. Easy work. Every time I have come across glitches in the software, I have had great experiences with customer support. Fast response and always help solve the issue.

Pros

This software is simple to use. It is very self explanatory and I get paid for my opinion about the website I am testing. If you are accepted as a tester, it is well worth your time for short testing sessions that pay at least $10 each.

Cons

I wish I had more opportunities for multiple tests a day to ultimately earn more extra income on the side.