UserTesting

Customer experience management software

UserTesting Reviews - Page 2

Easy Money

This software is great all around. It is an opportunity to earn extra income on the side all while giving your opinion about using certain websites. Easy work. Every time I have come across glitches in the software, I have had great experiences with customer support. Fast response and always help solve the issue.

Pros

This software is simple to use. It is very self explanatory and I get paid for my opinion about the website I am testing. If you are accepted as a tester, it is well worth your time for short testing sessions that pay at least $10 each.

Cons

I wish I had more opportunities for multiple tests a day to ultimately earn more extra income on the side.

My Go To tool for Testing

My experience has been generally really good and it's my go to tool for testing. The pool of participants is so large, I feel like I'm getting feedback at a faster pace than I would with other tools.

Pros

One of the most thrilling parts of this project has been when I've set up a test, added the details of the types of users I'm looking to test, launching it and viewing a live feed of candidates found. There is a sense of excitement involved in this process and I really like that usertesting.com makes that an aspect that I can see.

Cons

Not many tools for reviewing the feedback from users. Currently, I can speed up the frame rate and view the sections where my tasks/questions were listed for the participant, but it feels like this is an area that has more potential in terms of tools and features. Setting up a test is seamless, however reviewing it is rather dull. It would be great to see more interactive tools or insights about the participants, or maybe more tips on how to improve the test in the future.

Amazing tool

Pros

You get to test and provide feedback on new and latest applications and websites.

Cons

Screen recorder on Android quite often freezes, especially when you have to download an app before start of test. Also lately customer support has been very slow to respond to issues.

Superb platform for getting user feedback.

I've been a participant in their tests. The recording app is light, doesn't affect the performance of user's PC, and the pay is competitive.

Pros

Clear and transparent rules and guidelines for their tests. They ask their testers to be as thorough as possible, and I am certain, that the feedback coming to the client is accurate and worth the money.

Cons

Literally nothing. They are fair and their UX testing gets the job done.

Great tool for marketing

Overall, UserTesting works great for all types of marketing testings and projects. It won't disappoint you.

Pros

I use UserTesting's marketing solution to test campaigns (big budget ones) before launching them. For instance, I recently tested a funnel with UserTesting and tweaked it based on the feedback. The best thing about UserTesting is that it gives instant results. You can have campaign tested in less than a day. It is also helpful in improving customer experience on your website, landing page, or app onboarding. You can test pretty much anything as a marketer with UserTesting. They have a huge database of people who are willing to test and give you feedback.

Cons

It isn't recommended for time-sensitive marketing campaigns and projects. If you need user feedback on a very narrow campaign with tight scope, you won't find a lot of users and this will delay your project.

Great for user testin!

Overall, it is a great usability study tool however it lacks depth as a tool. it does not have all the features of other tools.

Pros

This tool is great for usability studies. It is easy to create a study and launch it using their panel.

Cons

I do not like that they are only used for usability testing. There are a lot more methods that i would like them to integrate.

It can improve UX tremendously

Pros

Easy set up and great quality, the insights that you gather from how people really use your site are eye opening. This is a must have for anybody that is experiencing difficulties getting their users to complete tasks or to simply look more professional and understand how to make it easier for users to find the information they need.

Cons

There were a number of glitches and it can get a little expensive, but it is worth it for specific problems that you can pin point and need to solve.

Great Extra Income

Pros

User Testing is an excellent way to test new products and get paid! I love the extra income and love seeing new websites or apps in the works before they're officially out. It's also a great way to see websites you haven't visited before.

Cons

I know that when I told a friend about this software, she was creeped out that you had to be recorded to test. I do understand how this can be a safety concern for potential testers, but I also haven't experienced anything concerning personally.

Giving Feedback in the Best Way

Working with UserTesting is a really wonderful experience overall. I enjoy completing the tests and providing my opinion on the prototypes. Some tests can be really short and other tests can be really long. They usually are very good about letting you know how long a test will take.

Pros

I really enjoy UserTesting's entire platform. As soon as you come to the home page, you already get a good feeling about the site. UserTesting gives you a chance to make some money by testing different prototypes and websites if your answers to the screener questions match. I really like how the tests are conducted and the entire interface of the platform.

Cons

I really don't like how customer support can take a while to get back with you. I think they need a better way to offer support to its users. They could offer a live chat option if the issue is very urgent.

UserTesting Website Usability Test

The overall experience was fantastic!

Pros

The UserTesting platform is a breeze to use! It's so user friendly, the tests practically write themselves. We submitted a test for 7 participants and had all responses back in less than 45 minutes. The participants provided valuable feedback which we used to improve our website designs and layout.

Cons

The price. If it were up to me, we'd definitely use this platform for user testing moving forward, but the price tag made it a tough sell to the higher-ups in my company.

Thank you Katrina! Great to know you're seeing value from fast feedback to humanize customer insights from our remote video research platform. New features are coming in 2020 to make the value ever better. Happy UserTesting!

UserTesting

I have used this software as the tester. I enjoy providing feedback for companies about their software. By using their software in real time and explaining what i am seeing and what is confusing, I am able to help comanies make their websites and apps more user friendly.

Pros

This software allows you to have your target customer try out your website or app. The tester speaks aloud and provides feedback about what they like and dislike about the website or app. It is a great way to get unbiased feedback.

Cons

The software works great most of the time. Sometimes during tests, if the tester closes out the screen, the test will not be uploaded.

Usability Testing made simple

My overall experience with UserTesting platform is good because it was able to help me determine user experience hurdles which my customers were facing. So, I could combine those qualitative insights with quantitative analytics from Google and come up with an optimization plan for my website. Once I fixed those high priority usability issues, I saw a high lift in customer engagement, drop in cart abandonment and spike in conversions. Hence, the dollars invested in UserTesting to test my website more than paid for it.

Pros

I use UserTesting platform to do website usability testing for my own e-commerce site. So, I can know if my customers are having issues with how my website is designed or if its content is not relevant to customers' expectations. I hire testers through UserTesting platform at an affordable cost. And, give a specific use case. For example, browse a product detail page and confirm if the user was able to navigate to it quickly. And, once the user landed on product detail page, did he find the content per his needs. I was able to improve conversion rate and revenue driven from my e-commerce site through UserTesting.

Cons

I sometimes get test results where the audio and video of the user test is not of top quality. Because the user may not have the best headphone or microphone or a stable noise-free environment when testing. If UserTesting team can ensure testing equipment used is of highest quality, the insights gleaned from those tests will be more reliable and actionable for e-commerce businesses like mine. Additionally, sample size of user tests is sometimes too low to trust the results. Because only one or two testers may have tested a specific use case. So, the user testing team should ensure minimum number of test results.

Best Remote Usability Testing Platform

Super easy to user. Great customer service. 100% recommend for remote testing

Pros

Absolutely love the quick turnaround times for small scale usability study recruitment. Additionally, they have excellent customer support service on deck to help with any issues you might run into while testing. Appreciate the ability to sample across the globe.

Cons

Their screener feature is extremely cumbersome at times to deal with regardless of PC/browser combo. The screener also does not allow logic which is limiting when recruiting specific demographics

Get real-life user tests on your interface!

I've been a UserTester now for more than 6 months and have greatly enjoyed taking part in the community and helping make sites and products better!

Pros

UserTesting is very straightforward and easy to use. Once it's installed on your machine it enables real-life people to interact with your user interface or sitemap. You get real time feedback as testers speak their thoughts out loud as they perform actions. It's very valuable feedback for developers.

Cons

I have not found any cons to date...it's excellent!

Thanks for your review, Andrew! Great to hear you confirm how easy to use our platform is to get valuable feedback for developers. It's also great for product managers, marketers and customer experience professionals! :-)

Professional Software, Digital, Banking and more Reviews

User Testing is high quality, very legitimate, very steady and always have tests that have a decent payout

Pros

typically when I sign in to User testing or sent to my email is a current list of test for the reviewer to take. Some of these tests a reviewer may qualify some but not all tests. A test requirement may be Country specific, require a certain User Testing level of experience or other test case requirements.

Cons

There are certain tests which are very time consuming and may be difficult to understand all the procedures to follow

wish there was an 11

the ability to pass on the data collected to the employers is huge fro my employer

Pros

i am just going to say that User Testing is committed to improvment and innovation. Since i began using this software i have seen lots of changes impllimented due to the feedback from the testers

Cons

not quite worked out all the kinks just yet.

A great way to earn a little extra money

Its a great tool that is kind of fun and feels like your opinion matters.

Pros

I like how easy this software is to use. Its a great way to earn a little cash, by going in and answering questions about past experiences or testing out protoype websites.

Cons

Sometimes its hard to get a hit on a test that you are suitable for. And the app for the phone constantly has updates which is a bit annoying

Great platform for testers and users alike

Great experience! Customer service is helpful, but you won't need them since the platform itself is so accessible!

Pros

While there are other services that offer similar functions, this is the most trustworthy and well-used platform I've encountered. As a tester, they make it very easy to see what opportunities are available, and walk you carefully through any steps and set-up to make it a very easy experience. Their customer service has been prompt, polite, and extremely helpful. I'm very glad I found UserTesting!

Cons

I wish I could see a record of tests complete that went back further, or even all-time. Still, this is a very small note for a great platform.

Great with free time

Very Good! It been a great way to pass the time when i dont have much to do

Pros

I like that the payment plan, it works really really well compared to different testing sites

Cons

i feel like the pre screening can be too picky sometimes and it could take along time to before you can actually get a survey

Hi Joshua! Thanks so much for your review--we're so happy that UserTesting has been useful to you! Have you checked out our CommUnity? It's where you can learn additional skills, network with other UserTesting customers, and get rewarded for your participation! You can join by creating an account at https://community.usertesting.com/join/eves I hope to see you there! Best, Lauren Turner, Senior Manager, Customer Marketing

UserTesting is a great way to earn extra cash on the side.

Honestly, I wish I would have discovered UserTesting years ago. It's a great way to earn supplemental income testing websites and apps. Simply voice your experience testing a website and submit your review. You must monitor your dashboard constantly in order to get first dibs on most tests. The only drawback is not qualifying for many of the tests because the are catering to a specific demographic.

Pros

Once the program is installed it's very simple to get started reviewing and testing websites. They pay promptly to your paypal account every 7 days. Good technical support is available if needed.

Cons

You might not qualify for all the tests available, so you have to be diligent in checking for new tests.

UserTesting Review

Pros

I defintely like the idea of getting paid for reviewing online software. I was able to set up an account as a tester, however I have not yet met the requirements for any of the tests. I'm not sure how this is to be on the side of a customer wanting to get reviews for their website. But I image this is valuable feedback to have.

Cons

There seem to be many tests available, but I have not been able to qualify for any of them. I have tried dozens of times to qualify to be a reviewer, but have not been accepted. I've been a reviewer for other similar programs, and haven't had any difficulties with them, so I prefer to work for them as a tester.

Great way to earn extra monies!!!!!!

Its been a great way to earn some extra money for my opinion, who would believe you could be paid from your home to give your honest thoughts!!!!!

Pros

I love that this software gives you an opportunity to earn some pocket money to give your opinions and thoughts on sites and apps. Some of the sites and apps are really interesting and I can definitely say since using this software to record my voice and screen I have learned a lot about my expectations of online services.

Cons

The uploading of the test recording takes a very long time and seems to cause a lack of internet connection if you try to continue using your laptop or mobile.

A good legitimate company that always pays on-time for feedback

Overall, this company is very legitimate and I can vouch for it.

Pros

In my experience, User Testing has always paid monthly and on time in exchange for feedback.

Cons

They did delay the pay out date once - although they communicated this far ahead of time.

UserTesting is a great app

Pros

I like that it offers a variety of user testing topics and a good mix of moderated and unmoderated testing.

Cons

The fast time constraint can be stressful since it pings every minute it seems.

Gather insights on usability fast and easy

Using Usertesting has made gathering insights quick and smooth, being able to tailor to last minute request because of the ease of creating tests.

Pros

The tagging system is something I like most of using Usertesting, it makes insights easily accessible and swiftly retracable. Even when the research repository gets bigger this is still a handy way to cluster research.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to locate similar research findings over the span of multiple brands or workspaces. This is something we are still working on, and a solid tagging system does help.