UserTesting

Customer experience management software

UserTesting Reviews - Page 3

Great windows application that allows customers to test or navigate through business products.

Pros

Great responsiveness from customers. Great video quality from customers. Great communication via the User Testing team.

Cons

Limited resources depending on the scope of the test. Limited testers with low compentency of testing products.

UserTesting review from the perspective of a user who wants to make some extra income

I am really enjoying use UserTesting. Tests occur regularly so I have been able to earn a little extra money each month. I can do it all from my computer and each test usually takes 10-15mins so it doesn't take up much of your time.

Pros

The software makes it simple to let you know when a test is available and to give you screener questions. You are able to easily update your profile info.

Cons

There is the odd time where a test is buggy - the test doesn't load properly, the links or pages in the test don't work as said in the test brief.

Expensive, but delivers good quality user tests

I enjoy using the software. It's super valuable at revealing users impressions of a site. Watching their actions will often show key usability issues.

Pros

It's easy to use and effective. From setup to reviewing user tests (I use 1.5x speed to review them quicker). It's easy to make video clips and create a highlight reel.

Cons

It's a little clunky when trying to edit a clip length. (It's hard to be super accurate).

Thank you for your review, Chris! Love hearing that you find UserTesting to be easy and effective. And thanks for your feedback to help us make clip editing even better.

Testing websites

I love this software. I even use the app.

Pros

I like how easy and simple it is to navigate the site. I go through websites and tell my opinion on what needs to be improved, what needs to be different or if it is just right!

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about this software, it works great.

UserTesting is Awesome

UserTesting is helping businesses get thorough feedback from consumers in a remote environment. They are also giving those consumers a voice to make better more efficient products. It's a win-win. I have had nothing but positive experiences with this software.

Pros

The software makes it easy to record the computer screen and capture the tester's commentary.

Cons

If you have a poor Internet connection, you may run into issues. It's rare though.

Thanks Nicole! Great to hear about your experience with UserTesting! :-)

Fast, efficient and useful QA for just about any software

Pros

I was able to setup the test and get real human walkthroughs within 24 hours.

Cons

Not as fully featured in terms of hyper targeting the exact customer profile I'd like, but pretty close.

Great product that brings the usability lab home.

I love UserTesting! It's helped me take my research remote and get quick results.

Pros

I love their panel! So wonderful. Great editing and playback features too, export notes, and just overall great support.

Cons

It's a bit expensive and the live conversation feature needs work to make it easier for users.

Why? User Testing needs improvement

It needs a lot of improvement specifically in the mobile version and is doing great otherwise, is the best thing in the market

Pros

The screen recording, the capturing of all the things necessary to perform the tests, and also the switching between test app and User testing

Cons

Has many bugs which don't let me test and create confusion leading to test rejection by users

A good way to test the feel and ease of your website

Pros

A good way to understand the user when it has first contact with your website. A great way to target only the users you want as your prime target on conversion rate. This service really helps companies by motivating users to speak their mind and see how they respond to certain tasks.

Cons

Sometimes as a company you need more users that fit specific criteria, you have to reach into new wider audiences to receive more users.

A Decent Side Hustle

It's decent at best for making a little bit of extra cash, but don't expect to be making more than 10-20 bucks a week with this. The customer support is slow and there are better testing websites you can participate in.

Pros

Testing on the computer is very easy and the only thing that needs to be installed is an extension, everything else is done by Usertesting. The payouts are also very consistent and always come at the same time.

Cons

The tests recommended to you are irrelevant 9/10 times and finding one that you can actually take and earn money from is much harder than it seems. Mobile tests are also extremely glitchy and sometimes don't publish properly. The payouts also take 7 extra days from the actual test to transfer.

Amazing testing tool

I’m happy with experience. It test product quickly and with quality.

Pros

This usertesting is easy to use. It has lot instructions that make it easy to use for testers and others. It will record what you are doing in Testing.

Cons

Price is high. when you in Increase number of user per test it increase the pricing. It may have unlimited user access within a package

It is great for unbiased feedback

It gives great unbiased feedback, but I think they should hire people with better computer experience.

Pros

I liked that I could watch a video of people actually looking at my site. I was able to see how they reacted with it, and to hear their actual sites while looking at it. It gave me valuable insight on what I needed to change about my site.

Cons

I don't think they have any kind of criteria when hiring their evaluators. I was watching one person in a video looking at my site, and they didn't seem to know how to use a computer very well. I wish I could of watched someone with more experience.

It's rewarding reviewing websites through this Platform. You get paid on top of it!!!

It is fun, I have had no issues. When they provide feedback on my reviews they are always fair and genuine. I would be able to take that criticism and apply it to my future test. Great opportunity for anyone wanting to test websites and make a little money on the side.

Pros

The on boarding process is very simple and easy. You complete a sample test and if you perform well according to the User Testing expectations. You are in and it's as simple as that. The website also offers plenty of test opportunities on a daily basis. At times more than I can handle. You can even increase the amount of test opportunities by adding more devices such as a Tablet and Smartphone

Cons

If you are testing from your Smartphone, I noticed that I would have to continuously perform updates in order to complete test.

Make a Little Money with Website Testing

Pros

Easy to use, testing prompts available regularly on various devices including Mac, PC, and mobile.

Cons

Getting qualified for tests is sometimes rare due to the types of testers they are seeking

The voice of the users are being heard

Pros

This software allows me to use different user research methods to collect qualitative and quantitative data from specific target audiences. I love that there are a variety of different testing methods that I can leverage and beyond the tests there is training to help me run better research. Having the ability to bring the user voice to my stakeholders has allowed me (and my team) to provide better insights and recommendations.

Cons

I don't have a lot of "cons" of the software. I think it takes time to get use to the process of setting up a test and making sure that your questions and flow is developed properly to guide the user through the test.

The best of the UX/UI testers

Overall, a brilliant concept and an innovative and inexpensive way to get real-world feedback on a product. There are many programs like this, but this one is clearly the cream of the crop.

Pros

They are incredibly responsive and on time. They have a much more professional vetting process for testers.

Cons

Sometimes the tests can be a bit buggy, the first one I ever encountered crashed.

Makes iterative prototyping a breeze

So far love it. Has provided me and my UX team a ton of value.

Pros

Without usertesting we would spend weeks scheduling interviews with users only to have many cancel or need to reschedule. The value of feedback we were getting was generally subpar and it was taking so much work. UserTesting allows us to not only get feedback quickly but get quality feedback from skilled testers.

Cons

Really make sure you are testing your tests. The way the interface is set up can get a bit clunky and it takes some trial and error to get it set up in a way that makes the testing process go smooth.

UserTesting is a great way to get market research on customers, but it has a lot of flaws/issues.

Pros

I like just how easy it is to go through the testing process and quickly jump from test to test and accept/deny based off of your qualifications.

Cons

I dislike how easy it is to get trapped in a test that you're not a fit for, or to have issues uploading tests and then get denials/no compensation for work you did.

User Testing is great for a second source of income!

My overall experience was great. I loved getting to share my opinion and I loved getting compensated for it.

Pros

I love how you can give your opinion and it's actually valued. And the fact that you get paid is a plus.

Cons

I didn't like how long it took to receive payment. There was not for sure time communicated on when you would receive payment.

Good way to make decent money!

I am satisfied with UserTesting. It is a quick and efficient way to earn some extra money, and it is very easy to use and set up.

Pros

I really liked how quick and easy it was to get started. Once you complete the verification test, real tests start showing up right off of the bat. It was also very easy to install the screen recording software. The whole installation process took about 5 minutes tops.

Cons

It is a little buggy sometimes. There were a few occasions where my microphone wasn't working properly and I got discredited for my participation. This unfortunately meant I did not get paid for my work, but a quick email to customer support got me figured out real quick.

One of the best Resources for Website Diagnosing

I highly recommend UserTesting because it's incredibly easy to use from a client or freelancer's perspective and it has helped our company grow our website expeditiously. I've used it for a couple of years now with success and support has always been reliable when there are questions to be asked.

Pros

I love how I can generate a list for testers to go through and leave suggestions, point out flaws, or navigate so that I can see if our website is user-friendly. It's inexpensive, and the quality of feedback that I've received has been very valuable.

Cons

Some feedback can be distorted, however, that's very rare and I've been satisfied a lot more often than not.

Provide or get feedback for your products

This is a good application if you want to get initial consumer feedback on your product. You also get fair compensation in return for providing the feedback. Overall usertesting has made life easier for a lot of tech companies in connecting with the required demographics.

Pros

You can get your product get reviewed by certain demographics with ease as usertesting has got diverse users. You can also provide feedback for products with generous compensation and your time is valued well.

Cons

The mobile application is very poor and gets bugged most of the time. Also, some users pass through the screeners by providing wrong information which overall will impact the actual feedback you are getting for the product.

A side income tool that can imporve its test aligment function

Not very good, screening of the tests that they send you are not aligned to your profile so even if they assign you tests you are not able to do it because the test does not match your profile.

Pros

I like the fact that it helps you to get some extra income, and the process to get in is not that complicated, also the UI is friendly and easy to use, and the fact that you can test on your PC or mobile increases your chances if the tests are for you.

Cons

They do sent a lot of test, but even if you completed your profile, and they now the kind of test you are able to do, when having a new test they make a pre screening, and regularly the questions of the screening do not align with your profile, and then the test that they assigned to you, you can not do it because it does not align with your profile? is not that supposed to be taken into account when sending you the test? I have received lots of test and none of them 0, are aligned with my profile, I always lose the test on the screening, so there is something that is not aligned here.

UserTesting allows you to gather user input however and whenever!

I joined their Community and love all that it offers. I enjoy learning about the new features and how others use their tools.

Pros

I like that you can access users whenever you'd like by simply releasing a virtual usability test. You can be selective of your end users with the screener questions. You can share videos with stakeholders and team members to showcase usability concerns and build empathy. Reviewing videos is simple - at your own time and pace, taking notes along the way.

Cons

I am not familiar if this feature exists, but I wish there was some way to "pre-analyze" certain activities as "failed" or "passes".

A fantastic way to find out how people look at your website!

Pros

This is a very opening way to "see" how people view your website. People can sign up to test your website and the whole time they are testing it, they are encouraged to speak about what they are seeing and impressions they are making. They have a good review process to make sure people testing your website are articulate and understand what they are seeing. It's a really great way to learn about how to improve your website for the users/customers!

Cons

I wish it cost a little bit less to use their services, but the feedback really is wonderful to receive and absolutely worth it.