Zurmo CRM Reviews

4.0/5 (5 reviews)

Anonymous

Free CRM that's pretty fun to use

Reviewed 2019-03-08

Great tool, self-hosted is great for small businesses, and it has some great features like gamification which you don't find out-of-the-box on larger, paid CRMs.

Pros
I used self-hosted Zurmo to manage my list of clients for a music gig. Not wanting to pay for something as full-featured as SFDC, and wanting something a little nicer than the community version of SugarCRM I found this. It's actually really straightforward to use, the interface is quite nice, and there's a gamification element which I think is really cool, although not useful unless you have more than a few people working in your system.

Cons
To be honest for what it is I can't think of anything that I didn't like about Zurmo. I had some trouble initially with the setup but that was due to outdated software on my webserver and an update fixed that. I wish that their blog and content on the website was updated more frequently - if you don't look at the date of the latest version release you could easily be led to believe that the project had been abandoned.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Anonymous

Solid open source CRM

Reviewed 2018-10-06

Zurmo was a good entry point for us into the CRM world. I liked it. My team was lukewarm about it. There are better products out there- check out Hubspot.

Pros
Zurmo provides a free, open source CRM platform. This was invaluable to us, as it allowed for us to customize it without paying high premiums. As a basic CRM, it functions well. I liked all the ways it could be customized to meet our business needs.

Cons
For any kind of decent support, you need to pay for it. This is par for the course, however. Also, the updates for the free version lagged behind the paid. On top of that, we heard that development is ceasing, which caused us to move to another product.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Ryan Levin

Excellent Free Open Source CRM

Reviewed 2019-01-25

Pros
Feature packed Ease of use Lots of options Makes it easy to keep track of clients, projects, and opportunities

Cons
Installation and upgrades (at least of the free version) were difficult for someone with minimal linux experience

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10