Articulate 360 Reviews

Articulate 360

Articulate 360 - Everything You Need for Course Development

Articulate 360

Review Summary

Pros

The modern interface and features makes our products look great and makes the customer happy because they now have something that feels more exciting to their learners.

Nina D.

Articulate Rise is best for Micro learnings and Storyline is best for customized interactions. Replay is a great tool for recording screen captures.

Krishna Y.

Nina D.

Cons

The one weakness is a few of the offerings is the tradeoff of usability for flexibility.

David G.

Articulate 360 website can be a little confusing at first. They do have many training that you can take online to get familiar with the system.

Jessica R.

We tried Storyline 360 and had too many issues when updating our Storyline 2 courses. 360 would randomly change some text in the course which was frustrating.

Doral A.

Best of the Best

360 has been an essential tool in allowing my team to create engaging learning experiences.

Pros

Articulate is the best for a reason. They offer almost every function that you need to produce best in class elearning. They also have an outstanding community for support.

Cons

The subscription-style can be expensive compared to the model where you paid for the software one time and never had to worry about it again. Now you have to pay for the software every year.

Game Changer for Instructional Designers

This has completely elevated our department's ability to create organization-specific training. We can quickly create professional looking programs that continue to impress our stakeholders. I cannot confidently say that our previous internally created eLearning courses were up to this caliber that now Articulate 360 gives us.

Pros

This is such an easy tool to adopt and use for training. We use this to create training programs for various initiatives at our organization. All products help us make the final eLearning courses for our stakeholders. From the video creation capabilities found in Peek and Replay 36 to making interactive content in Storyline and Rise. It also makes it absolutely easy for your stakeholders to give feedback...

Cons

Perhaps my biggest pain point is in regards to logging in. Sometimes, I receive errors while logging on. I believe it has something to do with my organization's strict information security / networking guidelines. They are wary of cloud-based systems right now.

Needs better instructions for beginners.

I will give it another try when I have to create course material in the future.

Pros

I can't really find anything good about the product yet. I tried to use it to build courses. I think maybe there should have been better tutorials for beginners.

Cons

The product was cumbersome and I could not figure out how to use it.

Great but could use more improvement

Pros

Really user friendly. It took me about an hour to understand most of it. It definitely makes it easy to create content and allows you to preview it quite well.

Cons

My main concern is in Rise Articulate. It was indeed quite simple to use, but that is the problem. For those experienced with LMS and Design, it feels limited after a bit. We still need more options to improve the quality of the content. We need options to upload audio directly linked to a word instead of having a full section per audio. Flashcards should have a shuffle option and an option to also upload audio. These are just some examples, and I hope there are more features over time.

Truly the best authoring tools!

Storyline is incredibly easy to learn. If you want to do something, you can always find a way to make it happen in Storyline. I credit the training I have created to being able to have access to this tool.

Pros

Articulate 360 suite has all of the tools I need to create the best e-learning possible and then some. It's intuitive to figure things out and takes very little time for a new user to learn. One feature I recently discovered and now LOVE, is the translation function. One simple button allows me to print out a word document to send out for translation. Once the translator updates the word document,...

Cons

I really cannot think of anything that I dislike about this software.

SilkWeb, an eLearning Company Prefers Articulate 360

I have been using Storyline for over 6 years.

Pros

The best product in this learning suite is Storyline. You can do essentially anything you want with this Storyline in terms of eLearning. From animations to simulations to videos, this product is an excellent partner when developing online courses.

Cons

Rise, which is also a product in this suite has a ton of potential, but there are some major flaws. For example, you cannot copy or move individual screens to a new lesson. It is also not very great if you want to add audio to screens. You can import individual Storyline screens into a Rise project, but at that point, you may as well just build in Storyline. I see its usefulness for novice developers as its very easy to use, as opposed to Storyline which is very technical to use and really made for professional developers.

Best e-learning tool

I use this took daily. It is amazing and constantly improving. The e-learning heroes community is phenomenal when it comes to needing anything.

Pros

Easy to use. Intuitive. Great features. And the studio of tools is phenomenal

Cons

The price is definitely not the best for a small organization but you definitely do get a lot of benefits

eLearning Design made easy

Easy to use, great support forum, fast cloud based development in Rise

Pros

This subscription makes it so easy to develop amazing eLearning courses. From quick cloud based courses in Rise, to more elaborate course development in Storyline. It does not get easier.

Cons

As always, the subscription cost could be lower not thankfully it is not outrageous. I wish they would get rid of Quizmaker already.

Amazing software that begs you to make interactive HTML5 courses

I am able to make interactive HTML5 courses that play without issues on mobile devices

Pros

I like that there are regular updates and support with the subscription model. The multi state object interface is so much better than captivate’s.

Cons

It is very pricey for a freelancer and the publishing options can be confusing for packaging your course correctly for Captivate Prime LMS

Great software for great learning experiences

Creating interactive learning: branching scenarios, drag and drop interactions, creating the feel of interacting with an environment (e.g. office in an onboarding program)

Pros

Storyline is easy to use. It enables you to make interactive learning fast. Interface that resembles Powerpoint will help new users feel welcome.

Cons

Small/medium sized businesses that have less frequent needs for e-learning may not have the budget for an on-going subscription. I'd like it if the price point was lower.

Powerful eLearning Platform Suite

Overall, this platform is all that I need. It functions well even on my older Windows Surface. Sure there are minor things that can be a nuisance, but that is true of most platforms and many times it is a matter of learning and adjusting. When you adopt Articulate 360, you are joining a whole community of eLearning designers and developers with a wealth of experience. To me, having a community around a platform is invaluable.

Pros

Articulate 360 is a suite of eLearning programs allowing you to developing engaging online learning content in numerous ways and for different levels of users. Need and easy-to-use tool to create dynamic content that is responsive design without a lot of effort, Rise is just one simple tool that is also quite powerful (i.e. you can embed Storyline content into Rise). Want to give your PowerPoint...

Cons

The continual updates came to bite Articulate, and me as a user. One day after updating, which I do routinely I found my ability to Preview content in Articulate Storyline 360 to not work properly. The ability to Preview content and see the timing of elements on a slide is critical. The good news is I was able to uninstall the update and work in an earlier version. However, while Articulate continued...

Articulate 360 - One Stop Shop for E-Learning Courses

Overall, we find that Articulate courses are the most popular thing that we sell to our clients. We needed a way to show clients that our training is not boring and that something simple and interactive can do the trick. The knowledge checks and interactivity have increased retention of training by 40% with the use of these products, externally for our clients and internally for our team when we use it for training purposes. We've also found that it keeps clients engaged throughout, as they are able to have access to it and provide feedback easily. It helps them feel like they are part of the whole thing, rather than just being shown a final product without any say.

Pros

What I love about Articulate is the ease of use. We use this for internal and external process and we rarely run into issues where people don't know how to use it. It's a clean and clear design which is also helpful for the type of training we create, since we are usually pairing down dense content and making it more interesting. The modern interface and features makes our products look great and...

Cons

I do sometimes wish we had the opportunity to add voiceover within Articulate, particularly in Rise. We'd like to be able to have a few more options for that as our clients request it frequently and we feel like we have to do a stop-gap approach of just small snippets. I also know that the widgets don't always function as they should, however, these are small glitches that usually are handled by the Articulate team quickly.

All you need to develop quality elearning experiences

Articulate 360 is an incredible collection of tools for the elearning developer and designer. Starting with Studio - users can quickly and easly create courses from materials already develop or start from scratch. Interactions are ready for you to import and use to get your course completed in a flash. Storyline is more robust for developers. Anything I can dream I can usually design. From...

Pros

Please see my overall review. Ease of use and familiar interface. Saves my progress Review feature has been an amazing addition. New trigger options add for so many more design interactions to be created. Great addition to the number of characters and poses available. Collection of templates ready for me to use and mix-match as needed has cut some development time.

Cons

See my overall review. Characters' expressions are still a little too "over the top" Characters and images don't necessarily match my work environment so I need to use sparingly. Rise doesn't work well in my IE work environment, but I believe it is more an LMS issue than anything. Looking forward to finding a way to use it though.

Create e-learning has never been easier with Articulate 360

Articulate 360 is the perfect suite of tools for any type of e-learning. If you design and develop e-learning, you need to have the Articulate 360 tools in your arsenal. They provide a one-stop shop for all things e-Learning, including but certainly not limited to: interactive branching with scenario-based learning, iPad development, responsive design, upgraded HTML5 compliance, system simulations...

Pros

- Articulate's community is just a click and email away...support when you need it. The amount of free templates, storyboards, ideas, and graphics is absolutely amazing. We all share information, issues, and resolutions together, making for a true "community" of e-Learning professionals. - Articulate's Storyline 360 tool enables you to import a PowerPoint and add engagement through built-in interactions, or you can start from scratch and build the same look and feel. - Easy enough for beginners, robust enough for programmers.

Cons

This is harder to define because Articulate is amazing at taking feedback and requests from its community and adding it to the roadmap for the product. We are awed by the sheer number of enhancements provided in their updates to the product.

A 360 Review for Articulate

My overall experience is that I look like a Rockstar and Articulate makes it so easy. That is due in large to their overall service through the community and training.

Pros

The free trial sets people up for success. If you choose to use the trial, you start to receive email notices from Articulate gurus offering assistance and tips. So, immediately you are introduced to the community. The community of e-learning first-timers to pros offers a great security blanket, helping you realize you are not alone! The product itself offers several options for creating learning for everyone. From a "powerpoint" look-a-like with Storyline to Rise which offers authors a quick way to create responsive learning to screen recording and a lot more.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this software.

Articulate 360 - Every an e-learning developer needs

Articulate 360 is a suite of e-learning products every e-learning developer should have. We know how great and popular Storyline is, and now Storyline 360 is even better. Add to that the new Content Library, Rise and Review, among others, and you're set! Beginners can create great looking e-learning literally in minutes, while it's powerful enough for advanced users to create complex pieces. Rise,...

Pros

Ease of use and power. Range of tools to do all the jobs I need. Subscription model with frequent updates.

Cons

Would like to see an option to pay for a subscription monthly, with a discount for annual payments.

Storyline has come a long way

I started out on Storyline so it holds a soft spot for me in a lot of ways, but I'm expecting some big updates for Rise in future.

Pros

I think Articulate have worked really hard to develop as full a suite of tools that most e-learning professionals will need on the job - including Storyline, Rise and Review. I do like the Content Library for the most part but when you work in a specialist industry, it becomes very limited very quickly.

Cons

Rise is missing a lot of features that would make it more desirable than using Storyline in these days of rapid development. Storyline development is just too slow to work with regularly in my day-to-day work so I rely on Rise more (though this is due to working with another piece of software in another job that was similar but far superior however for agnostic device development, it's useful) - they...

Articulate 360 - Integration is Key

With the new release of Articulate 360, I now have all of the Articulate resources under one roof (okay, it's a panel-like thing) and the new features, including super cool professionally illustrated characters, mobile publishing options and a monster (and very diverse) content library just make sense. I've said it before - someone at Articulate is paying attention and they "get" the eLearning industry and where designers, like me, want to go with new ideas. So, you don't need to have Captivate, eLearning Brothers (sorry guys) and Presi on your list of "must-haves" anymore - not once you've made the upgrade to Articulate 360.

Pros

Content Library, triggers (they're awesome and don't require a ton of Action Script to make them work), controls (have you seen Markers, the Dial and the Slider??), diverse character libraries and simple, effective publishing options that make moving the course to an LMS a breeze.

Cons

I wish it had an inline photo editor - then I could REALLY kick Adobe to the curb.

Articulate 360 is a great design product with limits.

This is an easy to use design software that is flexible enough to do a lot of really amazing things if you are creative. The various products within the 360 suite further expand the possibilities for learning design and delivery across multiple platforms. The communities associated are very responsive allowing me to engage with others using the product to expand my understanding of the capabilities and work through specific challenges that I encounter.

Pros

This is a great instructional design product that allows for seamless communication throughout the iterative process with all involved. The product makes designing online learning easy and opens up tons of possibilities for the creatively minded.

Cons

While there are many options and flexibility when it comes to adding in Java scripting, I have found that the support in this area is lacking. Also some simple and useful feature requests have been ignored across various versions despite long lists in the discussion forums requesting such logical feature upgrades. Other issues that I have with the product are really issues with SCORM which has its own limitations and issues.

Articulate 360 shows promise to be a game changer.

Upgrading to Articulate 360 has been very exciting, it's nice to have access to all of Articulate's existing software, plus two new screencasting and four new web-based tools. The latest version of Storyline brings new features and enhancements that really help to take my projects to the next level; perhaps the best feature being the new responsive player. Out of the new web-based tools, Review...

Pros

I like the new features that have been added to the existing tools, but the addition of the web-based tools is really what makes Articulate 360 shine. The opportunity to collaborate with the Review tool alone made the upgrade to Articulate 360 worthwhile. The rest is just the cherry on top of the cake.

Cons

Single, one-size fits all model for the subscription plan.

Articulate 360 - Easy to Use

Overall, Articulate 360 has been a pretty great product that is helping us reach our eLearning goals.

Pros

Articulate 360 feels like PowerPoint in its user interface and is very intuitive and easy to use. You can put together very smart-looking eLearning very quickly. There is a lot of common functionality built in so you don't have to build from the ground up every time like you do with Adobe Captivate. There's also a very large library of imaging which helps when you need to build quickly. The online support community for Articulate can't be beat. They are there to not only help when you have a problem, but they encourage you to grow as a designer.

Cons

I feel like there are hot keys missing. I wish there was a hotkey to add a text entry field or a hot spot. I also want to be able to move items around the screen one pixel at a time with my mouse rather than having to use CNTRL and SHIFT. The interface feels a lot like PowerPoint to me so while it's easy to use, it's not really very interesting visually, which can matter when you are trying to explain to an executive or stakeholder that building eLearning is a lot more complicated than just building in PowerPoint. The triggers are also a little confusing.

Articulate takes a big step into the future

Articulate has taken my favorite authoring tool to a new level by building it into a suite of tools for an elearning developer. Being cloud based allows for frequent updates, in fact an update came out just today. My favorite new tools are Rise, a fully responsive development app, and Review, an online tool for collecting comments/feedback from SMEs/clients during the development phase.

Pros

There is much to like about the software but I'd say the support community that Articulate has put together is unmatched. Staff and community members are just phenomenal.

Cons

It's a suite of products, basically everything that Articulate makes, and it's all or nothing. While it is still possible to buy some of the original products as standalones and Articulate is promising support for these you can't get the cloud-based apps ala carte. I wish they offered a model like Adobe does with its Creative Cloud where you can purchase the whole package or just select the specific ones you're interested in.

I love this product and the user community it has built!

Pros

The innovative team behind the software is always making improvements and with Articulate 360, those updates are available to you immediately versus having to wait until you can upgrade to the next series. Also, your imagination is the limit! You can create just about anything by using power point experience, some logic and your imagination. It has an amazing user and staff community that can help...

Cons

It will freeze and shut down more often than you like so be sure to save often to your local drive and change your auto save from the default 10 minute interval to 5 minutes.

Articulate Unifies the Product Line and Blows Me Away.... Again.

I've been using Storyline 2 for the past two years, and have been one of its most loyal fans. So, needless to say, when Articulate 360 was announced, I had high expectations. I expected iterative improvements, but instead, experienced a massive, sweeping upgrade across the entire product line. The improvements to Storyline, including the addition of new interactive elements, and access to a robust...

Pros

Articulate Review blows me away. Reviewing content with project stakeholders and clients has always been a major pain point for me, and with Dropbox ending its Public Folder support in 2017, Review has come in at just the right moment. The Content library will save me hundreds of dollars a year in content licensing fees, and Rise makes it easy for me to quickly create new types of content. Publishing in HTML5 and previewing how content will look on multiple device types is amazing.

Cons

I don't really use Articulate Studio 360, so I think it would be nice to offer customers a small discount if they wanted to leave that feature off. But then again, at the current price point, I'm not going to complain.

Articulate 360 the all in one solution

I have now been using Articulate 360 for 5 months, the is a suite of desktop and cloud based apps that provide an all in one solution for learning developers. This package include 3 authoring tools, Articulate Studio, Articulate Storyline and Rise. Articulate Studio 360 is the fastest way to cover powerpoint presentations into fully functioning interactive learning, this tool has a new html5 rendering...

Pros

Storyline 360, Rise

Cons

slow publish