Articulate 360 Logo

Articulate 360 Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend8.94/10

See full reviews by rating

Cons

Articulate Rise is so easy to use and build out courses. Storyline is much more challenging but the ability to create fun, engaging, interactive and interesting courses is endless.
Customer support is excellent and the community that Articulate has created with E-Learning Heroes is a wonderful resource.
As a graphic designer, I utilize a Mac every day and only being able to use this program on a PC is maddening. And the company has no plans to creat a version for Mac.
Our LMS toes the line, hard, on SCORM and the incompatibility caused me misery.

Articulate 360 users...

iSpring Suite-logocaret

iSpring Suite

Lectora-logocaret

Lectora

How would you rate Articulate 360?

Sarah B.

Senior Learning Experience Designer

Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees

Rise is on the Rise

Transcript

Sarah: Hi, I'm Sarah, Director of Learning Architecture in the program development industry and I give...

Training Creation Made Easy

Transcript

Glenn: Hi, my name is Glenn. I'm a talent development manager, and I rate Articulate 360 with a five...

Best authoring tool

I started by using Captivate and was not happy with the results. I found that the training I created and articulate looks more professional and was much easier to author.

Pros

Articulate has a suite of products that will serve any training needs. For a quick training with interactive elements, RISE is what you will need. For a more complex robust training, STORYLINE is best suited. Assets are robust and very numerous.

Cons

The price point is a little high for an individual license. That being said, if that is the only drawback, it is very well worth the price.

Easy and Powerful

Overall, I'm thrilled with the experience my team and I have had using Articulate 360 to develop the eLearning content and assessments that we need to bring our training program in to a blended training environment. We started using Articulate 360 in a post-COVID world and were able to be up and running with it after only a few hours of training. It is truly intuitive to use. The support provided to my team has been amazing the few times we have had issues.

Pros

Articulate 360 comes with a full and powerful suite of software that is easy to learn and easy to use, including Storyline 360. My team consists of a mixture of veteran and novice instructional designers and facilitators. Presenter 360 is especially useful for my novice designers and facilitators as it is so easy to use and mirrors the PowerPoint software they are already familiar with, while giving them the power of a Storyline project. The training and community support available are unmatched with any other software I have used to date.

Cons

Templates can be built and reused easily for Storyline, but not as easily for Rise. There have been a few issues with certain fonts not being supported, but the help desk reached back out to me (almost 8 months later) when the issue was resolved. The content library is immense and included, but will not load more than ~20 pictures at a time.

So many possibilities!

Articulate is a must have in the Instructional Design world! I work on a team with 3 other Instructional Designers and we are able to share our work within Articulate 360 and make real time updates to one another's work in the event of an absence. Articulate has completely changed the way we train virtually. Our associates now prefer to learn virtually with all of the videos and training we have created with Articulate products.

Pros

Articulate 360 offers so many options for creating training material to fit any audience or format. My favorite Articulate programs to use for our company LMS are RISE and Storyline. This software allows your creations to really engage your audience, producing better quality associates.

Cons

Its really hard to find a negative. The only thing I found difficult was learning to put coding into Storyline to create a 'simulation' of our company systems. Once you learn how to do it, its easy after that! And be able to recreate your systems into a simulated environment gave the best hands-on experience we could possible give our new hire associates.

Articulate educational lms review

easy to use , with good(GuI) graphical user interface , good for make different type of questions by using quiz maker , but the output scorm not responsive with purplish in different platform

Pros

the product easy to use and the it,s interface is very easy but

Cons

the software output scorm not responsive with purplish in different platform

Articulate Storyline 3

Really good I did switch to captivate 17 when I left Storyline 2 but found that much more difficult to use, so went back to Storyline and got version 3. Great product but perhaps because it was familiar to me as opposed to Captivate.

Pros

I use the standalone Storyline 3 having upgraded from version 2 - whilst this would come as part of 360 it proves more cost-effective to buy the product once rather than a never-ending monthly subscription just to get access to features that we can create ourselves.

Cons

That there is no spell checker within the subtitle option to videos and audio. Have to cut and paste into another product to check sometimes.

Must have for instructional design

Rise is great for rapid authoring. Review is critical for internal and external stakeholders and SMEs to review development. Storyline is my go-to for course authoring with Rise and Review as necessary companions.

Pros

Very active user community to get ideas and solve issues. Built in photos, icons are so useful.

Cons

The expense is higher than other elearning authoring tools.

Modern responsive tool for all your learning needs!

It is browser based tool which makes it the most dynamic application in the market. The most striking features are the drag and drop interactivities, which makes it easy and fast to work on all your learning needs. The application is responsive and set of tools like image editing, learner navigation, video integration, compliance with any LMS and interactive templates adds the robustness of this application.

Pros

1) Drag and drop feature 2) Simple and intuitive style 3) Faster development speed 4) Responsiveness 5) Compliance with all the LMS 6) Easy review cycle

Cons

There is little scope of adding customization in rise as its the easiest of all tools whereas in storyline, you can do wonders but it takes a lot of time and effort to do that. Editable features like color and fonts are not dynamic. One thing which I felt is missing is the integration with audio when using RISE. Overall it is a great platform for all your learning needs.

Power for LMS platform

Pros

Every day this software grow with new features

Cons

import ppt even if you have not installed Microsoft power point on the same computer. We male PPT with other software too

Engaging courses in Storyline

I'm using Storyline in the localization process, and it is really easy to export the contents and import back the translations. I prefer the XLIFF format to the Word one - it's just more convenient.

Pros

Storyline really looks like powerpoint, but it has lots of additional LMS-oriented functions. It's easy to start using it and build on that.

Cons

It would be nice to automate some stuff, like esporting and reimporting multiple files for translation

Employee compliance training

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use. You can create your own training content to deploy to your employees

Cons

No cons with using this software. The functionality required was met.

This software will make your life easier - and much more fun for your learners.

I am able to create engaging and interactive training content. Gone are the days of uploading a video recording or PowerPoint for my corporate learners. They get a condensed, to-the-point training that is meaningful and FUN.

Pros

This software has changed my life and the experience of the learners I develop content for. Articulate 360 gives options. Have an amazing idea and need to start from scratch? Storyline is the place to go. It is so easy to use and there are a ton of tutorials, suggestions, and examples in the community forums. The templates in Rise allow for quick development of modern, easy to navigate online training (and I have used them to present information as well). The Content library is AMAZING! From photos to illustrations and icons - you'll find what you need. I no longer have to go to outside sources - everything I need is in the content library.

Cons

The only suggestion I have is regarding Rise. I love how easy it is to plug and play information but I would like to see just a little more flexibility with editing. If I want to change more of the look I will just use Storyline, but Rise has a nice feel to it and would just like to make small edits - like remove a line in one of the text formats (I think it's statement A. There are workarounds, but more flexibility with design)>

Game Changer for Instructional Designers

This has completely elevated our department's ability to create organization-specific training. We can quickly create professional looking programs that continue to impress our stakeholders. I cannot confidently say that our previous internally created eLearning courses were up to this caliber that now Articulate 360 gives us.

Pros

This is such an easy tool to adopt and use for training. We use this to create training programs for various initiatives at our organization. All products help us make the final eLearning courses for our stakeholders. From the video creation capabilities found in Peek and Replay 36 to making interactive content in Storyline and Rise. It also makes it absolutely easy for your stakeholders to give feedback...

Cons

Perhaps my biggest pain point is in regards to logging in. Sometimes, I receive errors while logging on. I believe it has something to do with my organization's strict information security / networking guidelines. They are wary of cloud-based systems right now.

Storyline is Good - Could be Better

Great tool for creating/editing e-learnings. Will need to take some courses to become proficient in it as it's not the easiest software to learn. Customer care is not always the best as they will point you to a blog of other IDs who are posing questions and relaying on other IDs to build that. Storyline support should be able to answer more questions than relying on their users to answer them.

Pros

Overall features are great for designing e-learning courses. Overall user friendly. Ability to publish in multiple ways including SCORM, PPT, etc. Streamlines the creation of elearning courses

Cons

While overall its easy to user, there are some features that are missing from Storyline and require you to build using java script. Thus in order to be a master of Storyline, you also have to be a master of java script. If the software can do something, it should be able to be built using the software, not going somewhere else.

My bread and butter Elearning package

Overall, it's been great. Our whole training program now relies on Articulate. I could craft courses with Powepoint, and the embedded functionality of the LMS, or use another package but it would take longer and the end product wouldn't be as good. Their support is really good, and even though I've had issues from time to time, We've managed either a workaround or a fix fairly quickly.

Pros

It's very easy to use, almost intuitive. Basically, if you understand how to use powerpoint, you'll be very comfortable with this software. It has a lot of built-in functionality, as compared to Captivate. You can publish nice courses with little effort. Put some effort to learn it's advanced features, and you can craft stunning courses. I've used this since version 1, and Studio before that. It gets better and better. They have a great, useful user forum, and attentive support.

Cons

I've had a couple instances where upgrades broke our lessons, the most recent being with Update 6. It was crashing the lessons if there was a quiz or survey. It was a SCORM issue. Our LMS toes the line, hard, on SCORM and the incompatibility caused me misery. I had to revert. Previous to that, upgrading courses from version 2 to version 3 caused the LMS to stop tracking and send warnings. The solution ended up being not to upgrade, but import the content in a new course. Not totally Articulate's fault, but rather a compatibility issue.

Truly the best authoring tools!

Storyline is incredibly easy to learn. If you want to do something, you can always find a way to make it happen in Storyline. I credit the training I have created to being able to have access to this tool.

Pros

Articulate 360 suite has all of the tools I need to create the best e-learning possible and then some. It's intuitive to figure things out and takes very little time for a new user to learn. One feature I recently discovered and now LOVE, is the translation function. One simple button allows me to print out a word document to send out for translation. Once the translator updates the word document,...

Cons

I really cannot think of anything that I dislike about this software.

Powerful eLearning Platform Suite

Overall, this platform is all that I need. It functions well even on my older Windows Surface. Sure there are minor things that can be a nuisance, but that is true of most platforms and many times it is a matter of learning and adjusting. When you adopt Articulate 360, you are joining a whole community of eLearning designers and developers with a wealth of experience. To me, having a community around a platform is invaluable.

Pros

Articulate 360 is a suite of eLearning programs allowing you to developing engaging online learning content in numerous ways and for different levels of users. Need and easy-to-use tool to create dynamic content that is responsive design without a lot of effort, Rise is just one simple tool that is also quite powerful (i.e. you can embed Storyline content into Rise). Want to give your PowerPoint...

Cons

The continual updates came to bite Articulate, and me as a user. One day after updating, which I do routinely I found my ability to Preview content in Articulate Storyline 360 to not work properly. The ability to Preview content and see the timing of elements on a slide is critical. The good news is I was able to uninstall the update and work in an earlier version. However, while Articulate continued...

The best E-Leaning Authoring System by far, but with a steep learning curve and no Macro capability

Pros

Best Authoring Program by Far Most features Microsoft PowerPoint Style Great Exemplary Support Very Powerful Continuous addition of new features Excellent Review System Powerful Testing & Feedback Capability Integrated Audio & Video Editing Rarely ever crashes Large library of Tutorials This is a really great program for developing E-Learning and training lessons and courses. The program...

Cons

Some operations are very slow No Macro Capability Very steep learning curve Expensive Very limited availability to send e-mails Biggest negative is the very high price and the pricing rules. Each user has to have a license. This is a killer if you have developers, supervisors, subject matter experts, and editors. each needs a license. For a program of such power and so Microsoft like, it...

All you need to develop quality elearning experiences

Articulate 360 is an incredible collection of tools for the elearning developer and designer. Starting with Studio - users can quickly and easly create courses from materials already develop or start from scratch. Interactions are ready for you to import and use to get your course completed in a flash. Storyline is more robust for developers. Anything I can dream I can usually design. From...

Pros

Please see my overall review. Ease of use and familiar interface. Saves my progress Review feature has been an amazing addition. New trigger options add for so many more design interactions to be created. Great addition to the number of characters and poses available. Collection of templates ready for me to use and mix-match as needed has cut some development time.

Cons

See my overall review. Characters' expressions are still a little too "over the top" Characters and images don't necessarily match my work environment so I need to use sparingly. Rise doesn't work well in my IE work environment, but I believe it is more an LMS issue than anything. Looking forward to finding a way to use it though.

Create e-learning has never been easier with Articulate 360

Articulate 360 is the perfect suite of tools for any type of e-learning. If you design and develop e-learning, you need to have the Articulate 360 tools in your arsenal. They provide a one-stop shop for all things e-Learning, including but certainly not limited to: interactive branching with scenario-based learning, iPad development, responsive design, upgraded HTML5 compliance, system simulations...

Pros

- Articulate's community is just a click and email away...support when you need it. The amount of free templates, storyboards, ideas, and graphics is absolutely amazing. We all share information, issues, and resolutions together, making for a true "community" of e-Learning professionals. - Articulate's Storyline 360 tool enables you to import a PowerPoint and add engagement through built-in interactions, or you can start from scratch and build the same look and feel. - Easy enough for beginners, robust enough for programmers.

Cons

This is harder to define because Articulate is amazing at taking feedback and requests from its community and adding it to the roadmap for the product. We are awed by the sheer number of enhancements provided in their updates to the product.

The best option for now, but lots of room for improvement

Overall, I am happy with the product, but it's mainly because there doesn't seem to be a better option at the moment. If they could apply more resources to these products to fix bugs and add features, I think they'd have something no other tool could even touch. But it seems like updates to 360 tools is not something they take seriously.

Pros

Articulate Rise is currently my favorite tool for simple web based training development. Very easy to build beautiful and responsive courses that flow well and are easy to navigate. Great interactive elements that work well on any device, and overall a very nice tool for simple elearning courses.

Cons

Support and frequency of updates are just horrible. I've never worked with a product that was so poorly supported and so painfully slow to receive product updates and new features. Manny very basic feature requests that have been submitted on multiple tools within the 360 suite by hundreds of users have been "in development" for over 4 years. In the 3 years I've used the toolset, bug fixes and feature updates have been so infrequent, they're almost non-existent.

Articulate 360 - One Stop Shop for E-Learning Courses

Overall, we find that Articulate courses are the most popular thing that we sell to our clients. We needed a way to show clients that our training is not boring and that something simple and interactive can do the trick. The knowledge checks and interactivity have increased retention of training by 40% with the use of these products, externally for our clients and internally for our team when we use it for training purposes. We've also found that it keeps clients engaged throughout, as they are able to have access to it and provide feedback easily. It helps them feel like they are part of the whole thing, rather than just being shown a final product without any say.

Pros

What I love about Articulate is the ease of use. We use this for internal and external process and we rarely run into issues where people don't know how to use it. It's a clean and clear design which is also helpful for the type of training we create, since we are usually pairing down dense content and making it more interesting. The modern interface and features makes our products look great and...

Cons

I do sometimes wish we had the opportunity to add voiceover within Articulate, particularly in Rise. We'd like to be able to have a few more options for that as our clients request it frequently and we feel like we have to do a stop-gap approach of just small snippets. I also know that the widgets don't always function as they should, however, these are small glitches that usually are handled by the Articulate team quickly.

The best in rapid eLearning Development

I think Storyline is the absolute pinnacle of rapid eLearning development software. It's intuitive, feature packed and just works well.

Pros

Easy to use. Advanced actions in highly interactive courses are so easy to design and build. I have some previous experience as a developer in flash, so I can be quite creative in my ambitions - as of yet, I'm yet to find anything that can not be built using triggers and variables. Having been a long time user of Adobe Captivate, I often had to add code to achieve similar functionality in my course builds.

Cons

There are times that a course file just corrupts and cannot be saved. This is very infrequent - it has happened to me a few times. Often, you can save it by ensuring you save a new version of the course. However, I have found when working intensively overnight on a course build,. the file corrupted and I had to start the build almost from scratch. It wouldnt discourage me from using this software over any alternatives.

Expensive But Worth It If You Are Do E-Learning

Since I do a lot of e-learning and all of it is on Articulate Storyline, it is a must but it has serious deficiencies and that is compounded by the fact that the customer service is utterly deceptive. If you need an e-learning tool, this is the best one even though it costs as much as it does. It is worth it. However, you need to be ready to understand a few things quickly. One thing you will learn...

Pros

There is really no other software for publishing e-learning that is as easy to use and has the best non-programmer customization as Articulate Storyline. I absolutely love what you can do with it and how it can be used in many, many ways.

Cons

I absolutely hate three things about Articulate Storyline. I hate the enormous cost. I hate the way they handle their customer support and the way they deal with their own product development. If the product didn't cost as much as it does, then these other issues would not be so terrible, but because we pay so much for it, there really should be excellent customer support and excellent product development.

SilkWeb, an eLearning Company Prefers Articulate 360

I have been using Storyline for over 6 years.

Pros

The best product in this learning suite is Storyline. You can do essentially anything you want with this Storyline in terms of eLearning. From animations to simulations to videos, this product is an excellent partner when developing online courses.

Cons

Rise, which is also a product in this suite has a ton of potential, but there are some major flaws. For example, you cannot copy or move individual screens to a new lesson. It is also not very great if you want to add audio to screens. You can import individual Storyline screens into a Rise project, but at that point, you may as well just build in Storyline. I see its usefulness for novice developers as its very easy to use, as opposed to Storyline which is very technical to use and really made for professional developers.

Best e-learning tool

I use this took daily. It is amazing and constantly improving. The e-learning heroes community is phenomenal when it comes to needing anything.

Pros

Easy to use. Intuitive. Great features. And the studio of tools is phenomenal

Cons

The price is definitely not the best for a small organization but you definitely do get a lot of benefits