Teachworks Logo

Online business management for educators, tutors & trainers

Teachworks Reviews - Page 2

LD

Loretta D.

Time Saver

Pros

Teachworks keeps us organized and up to date on schedule changes. It's great for all staff members, regardless of location, to be able to access client and schedule information.

Cons

It would be nice to have a bar graph for the services breakdown report in addition to the pie chart. Service categories AND subcategories would also be helpful for quick management reviews.

Hi Loretta, thanks for your review! We really appreciate the great feedback.

gg

gilma g.

Technical Support needs improvement

I like the software but technical support needs improvement and so response time during the pandemic

Pros

functionality is great for small to medium size companies.

Cons

Technical support is only via email. I wish they at least had chat support with a live agent.

Hi Gilma! Thanks for taking the time to add a review for us, we really appreciate it! We're happy to hear that you like the software. While we don't offer chat support at the moment, we do try to be as responsive as possible. You can typically expect a reply within 2 hours and sooner for urgent questions :)

KD

Kristin D.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

I am so very pleased with this service. It has helped me to manage my tutoring business with ease.

Pros

It's easy to navigate, easy to have both my clients and tutors use it with little problems. Their customer support is fast, courteous and they always solve the problem. They are constantly updating and adapting it to fit my needs. It is seriously what keeps my business going!

Cons

Hi Kristin, thanks for the fantastic review! We are committed to providing our clients with great customer service. Please continue to reach out if you have any questions or feature suggestions to further improve the Teachworks experience!

TH

Tanya H.

Help Streamline Your Language School Operations

I wanted a service that would not only keep track of students' information, but also keep track of attendance and send invoices. It does all that and more. I am hoping that invoicing will become easier. It may be a user problem more than a software issue. I'm still trying to figure out some things. The online help has been very quick to respond. I wish I could see in graphic form what percentage of...

Pros

It keeps all student info, correspondence, and invoices in one place. I feel more organized already.

Cons

Sometimes unexpected numbers appear in fields and I'm not sure how they got there. Fortunately, they are easy to change.

Hi Tanya, Thank you for your review. Most of the features mentioned such as invoicing, and percentage reports are available within Teachworks. I would love to personally help you get familiar with these features, so you can take full advantage of the software. You can contact me directly at support@teachworks.com Regards, The Teachworks Team

mg

michele g.

Overall Experience

The overall experience is good. I think that the main weakness is that many new good features suggested from the user are ignored, or, added after a long time. The fact that only if many users are interested in a feature, doesn't mean all the others are useless.

Pros

many addons features - easy to use.

Cons

new features adding system.

Hi Michele, Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. We constantly add features based on feedback from our customers. You can check all the features added through our Change Log (It can be accessed by clicking on Account & Settings > Change Log). Even though the feature suggestions forum helps us prioritize the addition of new features based on demand, sometimes depending on the complexity of the feature, we add features that would only benefit a few companies. If there are any specific features you require, message me directly at support@teachworks.com so we can look into a solution for you. Regards, The Teachworks Team

DM

Daniel M.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

We've been using Teachworks for almost 2 years now. It's been a helpful tool.

It makes my job easier

Pros

Easy to use and understand, clear schedule, it provides almost all the functions we need, we like how we can view the schedule for each individual

Cons

sometimes there're errors when creating invoice and we couldn't figure out how to solve it until we deleted that certain schedule and re-added it again.

Hi Daniel, thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that you like our scheduling features and find Teachworks easy to use. The Invoice Autopilot generates invoices based on the schedule and invoice settings that you've selected. There are quite a few variables for customizing the schedule and invoices which can be confusing, so if you ever need help with this let us know.

RA

Richard A.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

We have had a great experience so far after switching to Teachworks

It has made the administration and day-to-day running of my company effective and more efficient

Pros

Great interface and easy use. Automation functionalities makes our business more efficient and clients happy.

Cons

None......this just a suggestion Teachworks should work on providing video tutorials on how to use the software. This is will make it easier and faster to train our tutors on the different functionalities.

Thanks for the great review and feedback Richard! We're always trying to add new features that will help our clients work more efficiently. We're actually working on some tutorial videos at the moment and they should be available soon!

TM

Tina M.

Responsive and Efficient

Excellent. Has made our transition so much less stressful.

Pros

It was difficult for us to decide to transition after using the same product for 15 years but TW has been great. Very impressed by their willingness to answer questions quickly and even add features after I’ve asked questions. They even reached out when I didn’t ask to explain something we were doing wrong and help!

Cons

Nothing. It has been great. A couple items we used frequently on the other platform weren’t or aren’t available but TW has helped a lot.

Hi Tina, thanks for taking the time to write a review for us, we really appreciate it! We're happy to hear that we were able to make the transition less stressful for your business. We're always here to help, so please continue to reach out if you have any questions or suggestions.

JB

James B.

Music, 1-10 employees

Fantastic

Brilliant

Pros

Easy to use, has streamlined my scheduling and invoicing. integrates well with other programs via zapier

Cons

Calendar can be a little fidly - the ability to copy/past entire days would be fantastic - at the moment you can only copy paste individual lessons

Hi James, thanks for your review! We really appreciate the kind words and great feedback.

ES

Elon S.

Primary/Secondary Education, self-employed

Review of Teachworks

Excellent!

Pros

The product is very easy to use and I depend on it to schedule appointments, organize client information and streamline business processes.

Cons

I can't think of any right now! All the kinks have been worked out!

Hi Elon, thanks for your review! We really appreciate the great feedback.

EE

Erika E.

Easy to use program for small business

Pros

This software is fairly intuitive and easy to use. The software has improved over the years adding more user functions.

Cons

The software can be a little buggy at times. Although it is user friendly, more features could be added to make the software even better.

Hi Erika, thanks for taking the time to submit a review. We add new features based on the feedback we get from our clients, so if you have any ideas that would improve the Teachworks experience, please let us know!

DD

Dmitri D.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

These guys have saved me so much money in building a tutoring agency. Thank you!

I saved a lot of money. Simple as that.

Pros

Inexpensive, many features, quick support. I LOVE THAT THEY LISTEN TO FEEDBACK AND DEVELOP FEATURES.

Cons

Thanks for the great review Dmitri! We're always trying to add features that will make our customers' businesses more successful.

Leomar E.

Quick and easy work with the least resource

Pros

It helps us with billing, payroll, monitoring teachers, and keeping clients updated.I've explored multiple other options out there but Teachworks is by far superior in terms of an intuitive and easy to use system, excellent customer service (email only but it doesn't matter if they're responsive and helpful), and client first focused mindset.The support is great, and the developers are constantly at work - it's amazing to see how the features keep improving!

Cons

invoice automation isn't customizable enough to be useful for us and invoice automation isn't customizable enough to be useful for us

Hi Leomar! Thank you for the great review! So happy to hear you are loving the features, the support and the updates :). We are always working on improvements. Please feel free to send your feedback to support@teachworks.com and I can personally look into helping you find a way to be able to use the invoice autopilot. :)

DD

Dmitri D.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Thank you so much guys!

These guys have saved me so much money in building a tutoring agency from $100. Thank you TW - you guys rock. Quick support and willingness to help.

Pros

Inexpensive, many features, quick support.

Cons

None that I know of at this stage that are major.

Hi Dmitri, Thank you for the review! We appreciate having you as a Teachworks customer and we will continue to work hard to implement features that help you grow your business further! Regards, The Teachworks Team.

AA

Alex A.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

My experience has been great so far.

There are many to list. But mostly when you have many tutors and students this system saves you a lot of time in terms of managing a tutoring company.

Pros

It's easy to use, it manages a lot of aspects for a tutoring company, the support is top notch. I personally have been getting support by Louise. She provides the best customer service support I have ever encountered. My questions are always answered promptly with no delay and I have sent Louise endless emails with questions. We used their other system TutorPanel which was also great but Teachworks is better suited for companies that are bit bigger and it offers more features.

Cons

I believe some more features can be implemented but if you suggest it to them they will work on them.

Hi Alex, thanks for the great review. Our team is always here to help and we're always looking for ways to improve Teachworks, so keep the questions and feature suggestions coming!

VZ

Vicky Z.

Used other for 2+ years

Perfect software but wish it had an international direct debit option

Pros

The software is good, easy to use, and easy to explain to employees.

Cons

That it was impossible to use SEPA methods to directly withdraw amounts of money from our clients. It's always a hassle to manually export the invoices and then withdraw money using our company's bank account.

Hi Vicky, Thanks for your review. We're happy to hear that Teachworks is user-friendly for you and your employees! We add features based on the level of interest they receive from other companies. We'll reach out and let you know where you can add and track these feature suggestions :)

BH

Bryan H.

Keeping in line

My overall experience was great. The support you get helps you find a fix to the issue real quick.

Pros

Using Teachworks has really helped us as teacher with our tutoring schedule. The data sharing has really helped us as educators because you can ask and rely messages to each if we have questions. It has made life easier for us and it has allowed us to take on my students to the point where we started a small tutoring business on the side.

Cons

The only thing negative I can say is that I had two issues that can up but the support was staff there to help me solve it real quick.

Hi Bryan, Thanks for your great review! We are happy to hear that you are finding Teachworks' scheduling features so useful. We are always happy to answer any questions you have about the software, so please reach out if you need any more help. Regards, The Teachworks Team

LM

Lucas M.

Tutoring Company in Brazil

TeachWorks is at the center of what we do administratively. It helps us with billing, payroll, monitoring teachers, and keeping clients updated. We would be a very different tutoring company without it.

Pros

It does a lot of things well.

Cons

A few bugs here and there.

Hi Lucas, We are glad you are enjoying Teachworks! Thank you for your review! Regards, The Teachworks Team

Consumer Goods,

User-friendly and mobile view very good

Easier to schedule, mobile view available, able to have students reschedule sessions.

Pros

The system is simple yes robust to allow us to add multiple user-defined fields in the student profiles. Calendar views are "clean" easy to read. The ability to add other features (add-ons) for free as the need develops is great. It's easier to schedule. They have excellent customer support that responds well within the 2-hour window mentioned.

Cons

The ability to search from anywhere/any page in the program for a student would be helpful. This was a feature in our old system.

Hi there, thanks for the great review! We¿re so happy to hear that you¿re enjoying Teachworks. Our support team is always here to help, so keep the questions coming.

JW

Julie W.

Why we love Teachworks

We've been using Teachworks for just over a year and we love it. Scheduling has never been easier. The customer service has been awesome. We have asked for certain functionality and Teachworks always finds a way to give us what we need.

Pros

Easy to move students are the schedule.

Cons

Hi Julie, Thank you for your review! We are glad you are enjoying Teachworks! Regards, The Teachworks Team

TH

Tracy H.

Good invoicing system

It has been really easy to ensure that our staff are able to enter the work they have completed into the system, avoiding entry errors. I love the fact that reminders can be easily sent out to clients who have not paid. I like the amount of client information we are able to enter into the system, as this facilitates the sharing of information between staff.

Pros

The invoicing system.

Cons

The calendar does not allow me to view employees' schedules alongside.

Hi Tracy, Thank you for your review. We are glad you are enjoying Teachworks. In regards to the calendar and employee schedule views. You can open two separate tabs to have the calendar view and employee schedules views available. I will email you with further instructions on how to achieve this. Regards, The Teachworks Team

my experience has been good, it is comfortable and very useful its variety of accessories I recommen

Pros

what I liked most about him, is the great capacity of accessories distract you, it is easy to use and simple I recommend it

Cons

I do not have any problems with it, I've been using it for a short time, I hope I do not have to worry about it

Hi there, Thank you for the review! We are pleased to hear you have been enjoying Teachworks along with the many features and add-ons available! As you mentioned, the ability to enable only the add-ons you need is something most of our customers find very useful as it keeps the software simple and easy to use. We are happy to hear it helps you too :).

SP

Shayna P.

Great software for the price

This is a very easy to use interface. We have tried several tutor management software systems; too often other systems require extensive training or are too cumbersome and confusing. Teachworks is intuitive and easy to use- my tutors now instantly how to use the system. The pricing is fair and very reasonable for the features it provides, allowing us as a small business to grow along with their packages and not worry about how it will affect our budget. While there are some additional features we'd like to see long term from Teachworks, customer support is very responsive to their users and frequently makes updates and changes based on our feedback. Overall great product and highly recommended.

Cons

Hi Shayna, Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your feedback and will continue to work hard to provide you with additional features. Regards, The Teachworks Team

JH

Jon H.

Excellent Software to Manage a Learning Company

I've been with Teachworks for 3 years now, excellent customer support and very intuitive system. In particular they are open to new ideas and listening to their clients, a very important aspect of any software that you work with. I've explored multiple other options out there but Teachworks is by far superior in terms of an intuitive and easy to use system, excellent customer service (email only but it doesn't matter if they're responsive and helpful), and client first focused mindset.

Cons

Hi Jon, Thank you for the great review! Listening to our customers' feedback is our number one priority. We will continue to work hard to enhance Teachworks features and Add-Ons to better serve our customers. Thank you for the continued support! Regards, The Teachworks Team.

KH

Karl H.

Footholds TW Review

Online staff access is a great feature and has allowed access via mobile devices from anywhere. Iphone users can sync with their personal calendars as well. Our organization has lots of very small individual sessions and it results in lots of appointment bookings and this software has made this much more manageable. Able to search by location, staff, and student helps filter information. Also able to download all information in Excel files which allows me to use it in other ways as well. End result is it has saved us time and next to eliminated scheduling errors and conflicts.

Cons

Hi Karl, Thank you for your review! We are glad you are enjoying Teachworks! Regards, The Teachworks Team