AccuFund Accounting Suite Reviews

AccuFund Accounting Suite

Cloud-based nonprofit/fund accounting software

4.19/5 (26 reviews)

Pros
  • Support staff is very helpful. I think it is really important to have a good retailer to help with the setup to make sure it works correctly from the very beginning.Linda W.Read the full review
  • The flexibility, AccuFund is very powerful. I also like the fact that you can setup a test database of your own system to test various scenarios before implementing.Linda W.Read the full review
  • Provide powerful core system which is contain essential modules for accounting and also AccuFund is a cloud base solution which we can access from any where.Thamara P.Read the full review
Cons
  • Also, sometimes you will get the message that an illegal action was performed, not sure why this happens. There was some major confusion during the start of the ACA reporting.Cynthia J.Read the full review
  • Also, the way the time sheet is set up is very difficult to see on a computer screen without having to scroll horizontally, which then hides the categories.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Each time you select a cell to type in your hours, it skips back to the very beginning of the pay period and you have to scroll to where you previously where.Abigail D.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Fabiano Marchi De Luca

As the sysadmin at my organization, I've found easy to work with AF Accouting Suite.

Reviewed 2018-07-16

Pros
Software flexibility and customer service really stands up. Upgrades and patch updates are easy and quickly to implement. The tech support team is very knowledgeable and friendly!

Joyce Mason

City of Craig, Alaska

Reviewed 2017-02-21
Review Source: Software Advice

The city implemented AccuFund in 2005 and has used a majority of the modules. Once AccuFund is set up there is little maintenance if updates are installed as released. AccuFund is easy to teach to staff and has the internal controls for a small municipality. I have used numerous accounting software and AccuFund is the best for the value, ease of use and the AccuFund staff are great to work with.

Pros
AccuFund's support is exceptional and usually replies within 24 hours. The separate modules integrate with each other and are easily customized to the city's needs. Reporting can be customized.

Cons
Accounts payable post details to general ledger rather than one line per invoice. Employee portal calendar stops frequently. Property tax reporting is cumbersome.

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Ken Mason

Robust with many features but lots of quirks

Reviewed 2015-08-03
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
A full suite of modules that are very customizable

Cons
Very unforgiving of errors and not amenable to certain transactions. For instance, invoice cancellation does not release the receiving. Product returns are not supported; i.e., we cannot do negative receiving to match to credit memos. Check voids cannot be reversed although voided checks occasionally clear.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Tanya Marcoe

As a non profit organization, our accounting system is very complex. AccuFund meets our needs!

Reviewed 2017-08-17

Pros
There are so many things that I love about this software program, the A/P module, the A/R module, the Payroll module, Loan tracking, the Requisition and Purchase Order system. We have a lot of different funding sources, so allocating costs to each funding source is a breeze when using AccuFund. The drilling capability is also a huge benefit to this software. I can drill down on any expense to see what Purchase order was used to generate the expense and what check number was used to pay for it.

Cons
As with anything, there are always improvements that can be made, however, AccuFund listens to what your needs are and makes upgrades as needed.

Linda Watkins-Gallino

I would say that this software has a ton of capability.

Reviewed 2018-07-09

Very flexible. Very powerful. Takes some time to get familiar with, but well worth the time and effort.

Pros
The flexibility, AccuFund is very powerful. I also like the fact that you can setup a test database of your own system to test various scenarios before implementing. Support staff is very helpful. I think it is really important to have a good retailer to help with the setup to make sure it works correctly from the very beginning.

Cons
In some ways, the flexibility. Understanding how the software works makes it easier, but because each customer can customize everything so much, you really need to know how it works. I was not involved in the original setup, but I have setup a couple of modules and was successful. I always did it in the test system first to make sure it worked the way I expected.

Cynthia Japp

I have had good customer service. Most of the Customer Supporters are very willing to assist.

Reviewed 2017-08-22

The ease of the accounting process. If you go out and change a distribution it automatically changes it in the employee record.

Pros
Once it is explained how it works it is fairly easy to get around in the program. I have recently tried to change a report and found it fairly easy to maneuver.

Cons
Sometimes I find that the system works very slowly. Also, sometimes you will get the message that an illegal action was performed, not sure why this happens? There was some major confusion during the start of the ACA reporting.

Deena Spann

Great accounting software

Reviewed 2017-08-21

Pros
Accounting software is excellent. It is user-friendly and the updates happen frequently enough to address any issues that we have.

Cons
Payroll module is not functional, nor is support adequate for our business. We have continued problems with calculation issues as well as time clock issues. We have asked for support numerous times, but nothing has been completed to assist us in fixing the issues. We are looking at other options for our payroll processing.

Rodney Hughes

We use for Rep Payee and has save us alot of time and effort.

Reviewed 2018-04-18

Moved Rep Payee from multiple unmanageable spreadsheets to a very well maintained system.

Pros
Reseller is very knowledgeable. Staff and support treat me with respect. The software is customizable. I can create form exactly as I need.

Cons
A couple of bugs that have not been fixed, ie. reports will create a new page prematurely. The UI is a little dated but I understand they are working on a new version that will fix that.

Abigail Downs

If you want basic, Accufund is it

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-03-08

Pros
My organization uses this software for staff to log their hours for payroll. We went from using an Excel doc, to Paychex (which was a horrible user experience), to Accufund. Accufund functions fine, it just feels very outdated. Maybe it's the type/level our organization has, but it's a horrible user experience. The pro: I get paid.

Cons
There are many cons. The system is not intuitive; it took me forever to figure out how to print my paystub. Each time you select a cell to type in your hours, it skips back to the very beginning of the pay period and you have to scroll to where you previously where. The left column that determines the type of time (sick, vacation, etc.) doesn't float when you scroll, so you have to look and select it beforehand. I could go on...

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Bev Manfredo

Very user friendly. I have had AccuFund software for nine years now; have loved it from the start.

Reviewed 2017-08-24

I know my DueToFroms are all correct, plus I can track any and all of my posting. My auditors are very pleased with our choice of AccuFund.

Pros
How user friendly it is and they keep updating and adding useful modules. They also have excellent customer service.

Cons
I do not understand the report writer, but I think I would if I went to a training seminar. Other than setting up custom reports, I have not found anything I do not like.

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Karen Calvert

We have been AccuFund customers for several years. No complaints. Easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-08-22

Pros
Each module interacts with the other with no issues. We have the accounting, purchasing, budget and fixed asset modules.

Cons
If there is a typo in a transaction, it cannot be corrected. If the description could be corrected without changing the actual dollar transaction that would be great.

Tonya Lee

We purchased AccuFund in December 2015 and I have loved ever since.

Reviewed 2018-05-30

Pros
Electronic Requisitions w/approvals, Purchase Orders, and Timesheets. The ease of entry and the various reports generated.

Cons
Haven't found anything I can think of. Compare to the software we had before this is 100% better and we should have upgraded years ago.

Daniel Nign

AccuFund has allowed our foundation to have integrated accounting software for the first time.

Reviewed 2017-08-17

We finally have an integrated accounting system for our foundation.

Pros
I like AccuFund's flexibility. We can do basic accounting and also get into complex fund accounting. Most systems we tried weren't able to do all the tasks we needed done.

Cons
The cloud-based version can't work through a browser. I requires a special platform installed on the computer. I want to be able to access AccuFund wherever I am located.

Tina Gomez

I use it everyday for PR and AP purposes.

Reviewed 2018-05-08

Pros
Running reports is the feature I like most, I can usually find one that fits my specific needs.

Cons
When we run payroll, everyone has to log out for almost an hour, otherwise the process will be extremely slow or will just stop.

Jennifer Lehman

I am a relatively new user to Accufund. I am finding that the more I learn the more I like it.

Reviewed 2018-05-09

Pros
Lots of features and functionality. There is almost nothing that can't be done with this software.

Cons
Sometimes a little TOO detailed and TOO many features. The reports feature is good and bad. With proper training, and a lot of use, you can create any report you want but you have to use your knowledge or lose it!

Laith Tareq

Great if you have good Training

Reviewed 2018-03-20
Review Source: Software Advice

I like it more than QB. it's easy to use.

Pros
Give you more details, the financial statement easy to understand, easy to follow your money, no way to duplicate your entry.

Cons
it's not easy to fix your mistakes, your books you got it with the program not enough at all to understand the program, the service too expenses.

Brittney Walter

AccuFund Review

Reviewed 2018-04-26
Review Source: Software Advice

Great flexibility for business.

Pros
Easy to concept and follow with no accidental of duplicating any entries. Many different features such as AP, cash receipts, general ledger, bank reconciliation, importing and exporting, document storage, a financial report writer and a forms designer for customized form generation- all of which are great to use to help run the business more smooth.

Cons
It requires time for training to understand the uses of the software and sometimes customer support is different to get through for help.

Rosemary Garvia

ACCUFUND

Reviewed 2017-10-03
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
THIS PROGRAM WAS USED WHEN WE NEEDED TO DO OUR BOOKS FOR A PRIVATE CHIROPRACTIC OFFICE. WE DID NOT USE IT FOR LONG.

Cons
THIS PROGRAM WAS EFFECTIVE IN ITS USE FOR OUR COMPANY FOR THE SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME THAT WE DID USE IT.

Carl Petzold

AccuFund is better than QuickBooks for our organization

Reviewed 2014-12-29
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The flexibility of the chart of accounts, reports, and our reseller all trump the options and support we were previously receiving through QuickBooks.

Cons
Working with the database setup has been the biggest challenge in our transition to AccuFund. The AccuFund support team has been helpful, but with our complex SQL database configuration, it has taken a substantial amount of effort.

Laith Mezher

Great with some support

Reviewed 2017-08-11

it's good so far

Pros
easy to use , we really like it the problem with this program is the books don't show you every thing so you need to contact the company and they will charge you too much money.

Cons
the support too expensive, I wish if you can make if free or couple hours free support not like not.

Anonymous

Low-budget option

Reviewed 2019-04-26

Pros
Keeps track of vacation/sick/etc. accumulations and is updated every pay period.

Cons
Filling in the time card is way more difficult than it needs to be. In order to input holiday/vacation/sick time, you have to delete the hours, type in "0," save, select holiday/vacation/sick, type in the correct hours, and then save again. It's way too many steps for something that should be simple. Also, the way the time sheet is set up is very difficult to see on a computer screen without having to scroll horizontally, which then hides the categories. Not mobile compatible.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Thamara Pathiranage

Lots of features inside one application

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-11-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Great application with lots of features but need to improve .

Pros
Provide powerful core system which is contain essential modules for accounting and also AccuFund is a cloud base solution which we can access from any where. Can export .csv format files and import excel files. Basic and simple user interfaces with detailed information.

Cons
Basic user interfaces which can be less have user interactions and too much features will caused to user to difficult to work and handle.Not easy to adopt to the system without any guidance.

Jose Mercado

Purcahse of AccuFund

Reviewed 2016-07-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The president of the company came to our office and presented a live demo. They spent sessions going over our questions. They provided good references.

Cons
We are still implementing it, so I cannot comment at this moment.

Jaspal Singh

Review of AccuFund Accounting Suite

Reviewed 2016-11-09
Review Source: Software Advice

It is a very flexible accounting software and has made our operations and management very easy.

Pros
it's dashboard supports employees portal it' wide product range makes it flexible for different businesses

Cons
It does not have time and management tracking capability It requires time for training

Joshua Kruer