Bellwether PO and Inventory Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend9.38/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It's great for any size business and I highly recommend it. Support and setup are a breeze and support staff is helpful, knowledgeable and very professional.
He was right, the other company is a perfect fit and well within our budget. I really appreciated the candor and wonderful recommendation I received from this company.
Support is great and people are wonderful. Great company to do business with.
Sometimes I'll place a requisition for something that has already been requested, but since I can't see other people's orders I can't see that I'm duplicating a request that's already been made.
At times the items descriptions could be difficult see.
How would you rate Bellwether PO and Inventory?

Great PO software

We are finally able to have a cloud based software that allows us to easily track and gain necessary approvals for all PO and accounting needs!

Pros

We love the ease of use with approvals and cataloging. It is a great software that keeps everyone on the same page.

Cons

Sometimes the approvals can be randomized which makes the workflow take longer.

Great Program for Purchasing

Bellwether has helped our company tremendously. Over the last few years we have been able to utilize it to help us keep track of our spending like we were never able to before.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and simple to learn and use. My favorite thing about the program is the customer service that you get along with the product. They are always helpful and quick to answer any time I have a questions. They are improving all the time, which is actually a great thing because we've been able to make suggestions and express issues while having it fixed in a timely manner.

Cons

I feel that this is a growing software, so we've encountered some issues, but it's always very minimal. It can sometimes be picky on how you enter information, but it's nothing terrible.

Ilyssa, Thank you so much for the great endorsement of Bellwether! Kevin Chief

Long time user of user-friendly Bellwether

For our public library, this product is the right price and has the right functionality for us. It is fairly easy to use for an average user. On the administrative side, it is easy to figure out for the most part. Some things like reports and items entries and be a little difficult.

Pros

Bellwether is simple and easy to use. It is affordable for most small businesses.

Cons

The reporting function and search functions of Bellwether could use some improvement. The search function is not the easiest, and compared to other software programs on the market, I believe it could work better. The report function is clunky and has never been a key feature of Bellwether, so if your organization requires financial reports from your PO system, this is not the software for you.

Pros

Sends reminders when PO's need approval.

Cons

Filtering functionality is not as robust as it could be.

We love Bellwether

We have loved our Bellwether experience. Customer service has been great and quickly responds if I've had an issue or question. This is our favorite product we use at the church.

Pros

We have loved the approval process and also the customization of the product. We use the product for more than just Purchases. We also use the product for reimbursements, credit card approvals, Check requests and petty cash requests. It has been great at holding people accountable with making purchases and getting the proper approvals before making purchases. It also has helped out tremendously with communication between departments when it comes to purchasing.

Cons

I have no complaints we love Bellwether!

Great program and Great customer service

Pros

The Bellwether program really helped us to get a handle on our purchase approval process and followup on outstanding orders. It tracks everything from purchase requests to invoices to budgets. The customer service has been stellar - we haven't had to make very many requests but when we do, we get a response very quickly.

Cons

A couple of minor things: I would like to see the progress bar for the status of an order on the Purchase Order screen instead of the Requisition. It would also be helpful to have the Add Item box a different color or somehow differentiate it from the Order Lines section. That has been a point of confusion for some of our users.

Bellwether makes our purchasing process easier.

Pros

Creating requisitions and purchase orders are intuitive and easy to explain to new users. I have trained many people in Bellwether and find that the help center is great for them and a wonderful tool.

Cons

I feel that the reporting process could be made much more user-friendly. Once I find the correct set up, the reporting is great, but it takes a lot of work to figure out how to get the data that I'm looking for.

Bellwether Purchase Order Review

No inventory tracking from my end

Pros

User Friendly easy to navigate. Easy to understand how to follow and track your purchases.

Cons

Auto population of email address upon send & save

Very functional and meets all of our needs

Pros

Easy to use. Levels of users. All the invoice information in one entry.

Cons

Numerous steps in some of the set ups. Can be complicated to add new items.

Vendor and Purchase tracking just got easier!

Bellwether software has provided the perspective and tracking needed to define and make purchasing decisions quickly with neccessary accountability.

Pros

The software is simple to navigate with user-definable fields. The catalog function allows tracking various vendor pricing and the Requisition/Purchase Order functions allow approval tracking as well as quick reordering without building from scratch.

Cons

Budget tracking views and departmental information can be difficult for the first few purchase entries but that simplifies after regular use.

Bellwether has streamlined our entire purchasing process

Overall it has streamlined our purchasing procedures.

Pros

Easy to keep things organized from requistion to approval to ordering. When we can use punchouts, they are awesome.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to upload a packing list/recipt after an item as been received in the system. Sometimes the "Receive" button gets pushed and there's no way to add a packing slip later. It's also a bit confusing at first to have the REQ numbers not match up with PO numbers - they should be different formats or something, otherwise a requisiton of 010530 might become a PO number of 010555 while a prior requisition becomes PO number 010530. It would also be handy to be able to search the list of POs for a certain vendor or item - as it is, you can sort the columns by vendor and find it that way but a search feature would be great.

Mikayla, Thank you for your endorsement of Bellwether! Kevin CEO

having good experince while using this product

Great CS and response. Great on willingness to hear and work on improvements. Lots of opportunity for further improvement in functionality and use. Decent value for the money however some missing functions keep to close

Pros

it Eliminates our out of control manual purchasing process. No more paper! Gain accountability, tracking, and reporting.

Cons

On the downside, most of the challenges experienced with e-procurement emanate mostly from the supplier and not the company but can have an effect on the procurement process. Training cost may be high. Any time technology is involved there is some level of risk to compromised data. What of a supplier who has for all the years been handling clients on a face-to-face basis? E-procurement will definitely become a challenge but it should not be an excuse to ignore e-procurement software.

Heavy Bellwether User

Lot's of problems are being solved. One centralized place for all purchases makes keeping track of budgets a lot easier.

Pros

The User Interface is one of the best I've seen. Very easy to navigate. Very quick and snappy for being a cloud based program. Great catalog and template that make requisitions very easy to submit.

Cons

Not really any large cons. Easy to use and solves a lot of problems other software have.

Bellwether BPM is an incredible software!

Pros

We really enjoy using Bellwether BPM to track our teams purchases and expenses. BW makes it easy to see how much budget we have left in each category and shows where we need to focus on in the upcoming budget.

Cons

Honestly for what we use Bellwether BPM for, we have not found a downside yet.

Bellwether Purchasing and Inventory Software

Pros

As a member of an organization with where my main use comes in the form of reviewing orders and looking up archived information, I can tell you I really appreciate the ease in which I can access the files I need.

Cons

No cons. The software meets all my needs

Juan, Awesome comments on Bellwether! Thank you, Kevin CEO

This was a good choice for our company

Very good experience with Bellwether, and the support has been effective and timely. The cost of the system kept me in budget.

Pros

The software is intuitive, and training employees was very easy. The set up and implementation process was very straight forward, and the Bellwether team very supportive. The automatic approval process from email is helpful, and means you don't have to log in to approve requisitions.

Cons

The report writer is chunky, and finding the right fields can be a challenge

Steve, Thank for the great endorsement of BPM. We have our new reporting module coming out in the next two months that will make your life easier. Kevin CEO

Bellwether Purchasing Software Review

Pros

It saves the catalog which makes it easy when sending in equipment for calibration because the serial numbers are saved in the item description

Cons

There is nothing about this software that I do not like

Bellwether Review

It keeps our business running smoothly and allows us to get things purchased in a timely manner.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use this software.

Cons

When you have to add a new item when ordering, it gets kinda confusing.

This product fit our needs well both from capability and price point perspectives

Our organization was looking for a purchasing software package to replace an antiquated and cumbersome excel routine. After viewing a number of available packages at various price points we felt that ePMX would best meet our needs. Our set up included the institution of a part numbering system for repetitive needs and inventory management purposes. We also needed a custom bridge to output...

Bellwether PO and Inventory Review

Love it.

Pros

The digital aspect is used across the organization.

Cons

Not everyone within the department can see their own department.

Bellwether is a great product!

Pros

Bellwether is very easy to navigate. This software has helped me easily keep track of orders/PO's. I would recommend this software to anyone looking for a great product with great customer service!

Cons

The canned reports were not that easy to navigate in the beginning but when you take some time to read the help section you can figure out what report will satisfy your needs.

Theresa, Thank you for the great endorsement for Bellwether!

Great Purchasing System

Pros

I really like the search function of this program. It is so easy to search through all of our purchases for an item that we have ordered.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints, this program does everything we need.

Pros

Sending internal notes to our purchaser to let her know specifics without needing it to be on the actual Purchase Order itself helps when setting up welder's to test at a lab and also for having Subcontractors com to perform work. Extra emails are not necessary because of this feature.

Cons

N/A -- This program is far beyond what we were using before (excel spreadsheets) for purchasing.

Customer service is outstanding

I was looking for PO generation software and came upon Bellwether. I scheduled a demo and went through the program with Travis Neville during which time we discussed our needs and how their program would need to be altered to fit those needs. Travis informed me he would speak to his development team and get back to me with changes that would need to be made. A few days later I received an email informing...

Easy to Use Product

This software has given us a streamlined approval process. It has also allowed us to monitor how much of a particular item we are purchasing and track cost increases.

Pros

The requisition and purchasing pieces of this software is very easy for the end user. The administrative side is also easy to navigate. I like that the menu items could be tailor for each user group and only see what is necessary.

Cons

I wish that the window size with in the program could be larger. At times the items descriptions could be difficult see.