Payoneer Logo

Payoneer

Send and receive money locally and internationally

Payoneer Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.57/10

Reviews by rating

It's easy to use, comfortable, has so many good features with solid security. Even it's easy to integrate with any local bank accounts or 3rd party software programs through API.
It's totally free and accessible to anyone. As a freelancer, I really love this platform and would recommend any friend blindly.
Also, when it comes to customer service, they are BAD if not the WORST. It cannot take up to a month to reply to simple message.
Pathetic Customer Service and Some Times Delay for No Obvious Reason.
The minimum time to them respond to a ticket is 3 business days and guess what they complete 3 days time before responding to your ticket. And I just hate their service.

Kaye F.

Talent Agent

Entertainment, self-employed

Use this in conjunction with Coconut for International Payments- solves a problem!

Transcript

Kaye: Hi, I'm Kaye, and I'm a talent agent. I give Payoneer, five out of five. Click below for more reviews....

MP

Michael P.

Owner

Music, 1-10 employees

Solid Payment Processing Platform, But Not My Favorite

Transcript

Michael: My name is Michael. I'm a small business owner. I'm giving Payoneer a four out of five. For...

Elvis U.

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

My experience using Payoneer

I use payoneer to receive payments for my freelance gigs.

Pros

Payoneer is just wonderful for receiving payments regardless of your location, it's just perfect for freelancers. The layout is wonderful for easy navigation. I like the fact that a debit card is created for a new user the moment he signs up and that card will be delivered free of charge to the user's location, isn't that awesome? Also, the annual 30 dollars maintenance charge is pretty decent compared to the value and comfort they offer.

Cons

So far so good I haven't seen a feature I don't like on payoneer. If I find one I won't hesitate to share.

Charlette V.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Lowest Fee Among Any Payment Methods/Platforms

I began using Payoneer for a client who preferred to pay via this method for my services. So far, I haven't run into any issues while using the app. What I also like about it is that, it has the lowest fees of any money-transfer platform in the Philippines. It takes advantage of preferential exchange rates, and I calculated that I save 1% total, including all sending and receiving fees and exchange rates.

Pros

You can open a free account on the Payoneer website. Payoneer handles domestic and international payments and currency exchanges, and most types of bank transfers are free if both parties have Payoneer accounts.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about the platform; the only suggestion is to reduce the processing fees on some vendors.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Beware: Payoneer has a big security hole

Pros

It's really easy to use, and most companies are already aware of how to use Payoneer.

Cons

Given the popularity they have, it's a wonder why they only implement MFA through SMSs. They have been recently breached, with people all life savings, and yet they don't implement OTP or other MFA method. Also, costs are way pricier than the competition.

Ibrahim T.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

Amazing virtual banking services

The app is smooth and I keep using it on a weekly basis. I faced a delay in a payment once but the customer service helped me through it and they were very welcoming and they processed my payment quickly.

Pros

I used payoneer 2 years ago for an outbound transaction and I was shocked by the reliability of this online bank. As a banker I know that only few online banks around the world who are really trusted and fast and since then I decided to continue using this online bank in any outbound transaction. It’s not complicated at all it’s simple, fast and reliable

Cons

The only negative comment is that it’s a bit expensive in commissions but for me the most important thing is reliability honestly

EB

Eliel B.

Used monthly for 2+ years

A good tool for digital nomads and remote workers

Pros

One of the best things that this tool has is the international transfers between banks, so if you are working remotely or doing freelance then Payoneer helps you to charge and receive the payment, later you can transfer your funds to a bank account.

Cons

Fees are considerable when transferring money. There are certain activities banned from its use, which becomes quite annoying, your funds can be totaled if you are not aware of this. Also, there is no integration with cryptocurrencies.

PN

Peter N.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

The best payment service provider for international payments is Payoneer

It has been a good experience with them here in Nigeria.

Pros

A great platform for making and receiving payments is Payoneer. When Payoneer is supported, we can send and receive money from any nation to any other. Payoneer is quick, safe, and dependable.

Cons

I would say that I objected to their exorbitant prices. Even though it might only be my local exchange rate, it's still a fantastic platform for transacting in other currencies.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

The best online payment platform.

PAYONEER allows me to send money more quickly and securely, to facilitate the management of payments and my customers and employees.

Pros

The platform allows companies to facilitate online payments anywhere in the world. in addition it is easy to use.

Cons

The application does not support certain international currencies.

Sarah P.

Internet, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Global Payment Processor

Overall, I'm happy to be able to send payments i receive to my bank account for a little fee and receive payments all over the world whenever I want through my email.

Pros

I love the fact that most people use this payment processor. A Paypal alternative if you ask me

Cons

Getting their card delivered is quite expensive.

Michael C.

Photography, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Making Freelance Life Easier

Pros

My favorite thing about Payoneer is that it allows me to transfer my funds directly into my bank account. As a freelance worker in a third world country I can't count the amount of times I had to ask for someone to help me with it. With Payoneer it's as simple as a 3 step process.

Cons

I think that the only problem with Payoneer (and it's a general consensus) is the customer service. If something happens to your account you might have a tough time figuring it out with Payoneer. Heads up!

Emelda D.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Reliable Payment Solution

Pros

It is very simple to use and does not deduct extremely high charges like other popular payment solutions

Cons

It is not widely accepted by post organizations

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

My first payment Choice

This is my number one payment application as it gives me more confidence while making financial transactions online. Its very easy to make withdrawals to my local bank card so this is my number one app any day.

Pros

I love its ease of use on its interface and its wide range of acceptance on different payment platforms across the globe. I can also make payments and withdrawal anywhere irrespective of my location whether in Africa or in the United States. I can also integrate my local bank cards for payments which is very rare with so many online payment applications.

Cons

The customer service is very poor as the delay in treating issues of financial urgency is outrageous. You create a ticket and it takes like forever before you get any reasonable response. This issue should be treated urgently as it is highly detrimental to the image of the company and application itself.

DC

Desmond C.

Used other for 6-12 months

Having accounts with foreign banks is so dope

Payoneer is really cool, what attracted me first was my ability to withdraw directly to my bank account, it became my Paypal alternative, since Paypal has some restrictions on my country (Nigeria). I have gone ahead to even refer other online freelancers to use Payoneer.

Pros

First to mention is the fact that by successful signup with Payoneer, I automatically have accounts with 3 different foreign banks with their currencies and could apply to get 2 more, it comes with a real bank account details, it's so unique to Payoneer (as far as I know), and once I receive payments to these accounts, it shows in my Payoneer balance. Wow!!!, so bae. Another thing is my ability to withdraw straight to my bank account, especially here in Nigeria where Paypal has some restrictions. Nothing serves better. Another unique feature from Payoneer is the option to request for a Payoneer Master Card which can be used ANYWHERE!!!. Not to forget their easily navigateable website interface.

Cons

First to note off their excessive charges, if u don't use your account within 12-months you also get charged, absurd, they should review their charges. I also wish they initiated a 'get paid via email' kind of system, like Paypal, emails are easier to remember than the special customer IDs.

MM

Mirko M.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

the best payment service ever

I recommend it to every freelance user in the world :)

Pros

payoneer is most user friendly and easy to use payment service I have ever used. It is so easy and clear to use without any problem. The most I like about payoneer is that I can integrate and connect it with freelance platforms that I use for my work.

Cons

customer services definitely it must me better. If you need customer service you need to wait too long.

SS

Sean S.

Design, 1-10 employees

Payoneer is an excellent service that solves many international boundaries.

So far I've had no issues with Payoneer, their customer support is relatively punctual with their emails and they're very helpful and friendly. It took me 5 minutes to sign up and get a U.S. bank account to use for various platforms. I've sent and received money on Payoneer without any issues. Payoneer makes me feel secure in knowing my clients can pay me directly without any problems.

Pros

Payoneer is an easy service to sign up to and it offers you an American bank account which comes in handy more than I could admit. Transactions are fast and the website is very easy to use, I believe they were also offering incentives to sign up just recently, also I didn't sign up with an affiliate link. Payoneer is a service that is breaking boundaries for international trade.

Cons

Payoneer charges are a little on the high side, but for the service, they offer it's negligible. I was also pretty bummed that I missed the $50 invite link before signing up and couldn't get it after.

MI

Muhammad I.

Internet, self-employed

Payoneer, A Perfect Place For Freelancers

My overall experience with Payoneer is an excellent and 5-star rating. the reason why I have given 3 stars rating for the "customer support" feature is, once I was in trouble and PayPal was not accepting my "First Century Bank" details. And as an alternative, I was looking for another alternative bank of "first century" from Payoneer, so I mailed using the "contact us" bottom and the team used to...

Pros

As a freelancer, I liked the "global payments service" feature of Payoneer too much. I am using "First-century Bank" of Payoneer to receive payments from my clients online. There is an option of linking our local bank account and mobile wallet too, So I'm using JazzCash to withdraw payments from Payoneer. The exchange rate of Payoneer is always high than every other platform. The second thing I liked...

Cons

Payoneer is my favorite bank ever but I want to submit some improving requests to my respected Payoneer team. I don't know why such an amazing platform has applied withdrawal limits. I can transfer a small amount of money to my mobile wallet but am unable to transfer it to a bank account because of the withdrawal of the minimum payments threshold. The payments threshold for withdrawal is a little bit...

Virginia B.

Publishing, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Avoid it like the plague if you can.

I loathe Payoneer with every fiber in my body. I strongly suspect them of skirting a fine line of legality in handling people's money and finding ways to hang onto it themselves for as long as possible. Shady and suspect and they absolutely have the worst customer service I have ever encountered in my 60 years. That is really saying something, as I've had some truly hair-raising customer service experiences. But these folks take the cake. If you have a problem, expect to lose access to funds for a month or more. That's what they do.

Pros

I will admit that the whole process of receiving payments can occasionally go smoothly for a while. But in over 2 years of being paid through them by my primary client (who offers no alternatives), I have had to fight with Payoneer about one thing or another 3/4 of the time. They are notorious for having the absolute worst customer service you have or ever will encounter, and it smacks of them trying hard to be as vague as possible, as if they are purposely withholding people's money, but trying to pretend they're not. I personally believe they definitely purposely withhold funds at times.

Cons

The fact that I've had to fight with them to get access to MY MONEY infuriates me. When they do permit me access to MY MONEY, there are all-too-often unexpected fees or problems, such as when they issued my MasterCard in British Pounds, although I do not and never have lived in the UK, nor have I ever been paid by anyone in Pounds or Euros. The card being in Pounds meant I got dinged with exchange...

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Good as an option when you have little options

It's good if you have no other options because you live in a 3rd world country and PayPal or Stripe is not available for you. Otherwise, I have no idea why would someone bother to use it.

Pros

It's working in countries where most of the financial tools are not working. That's the major benefit of this tool and the reason why so many people are using it.

Cons

There will be several major points here: - it's very unreliable as software. Many of my clients had problems paying because of different technical issues. Sometimes when you want to pay - there is only one option (i.e. credit card) and your Payoneer balance is missing from the options list. Then you reload for 20x times, clear cache, use an anonymous browser, and dance around your PC and it might just...

sawan j.

Design, 11-50 employees

Best alternative to paypal. Saves you money

Great

Pros

There are no hidden charges, no extra convenience fees. Conversion rates are same when receiving or sending money. They only charge 3% as transfer fees and 0% if the senders pay through ach accounts. Wheras paypal charge more than 6 percent.

Cons

Ui could be better for both app and website. Better user experience and User designs will be good. I am a designer so let me know if I can help. :)

Kenny K.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Payment solution for your digital business

Overal I've used Payoneer without problems to get paid for freelancing work and to pay freelancers. It was a convenient way for me, but I don't like the lack of transparency and sometimes high fees. Payoneer has some catching up to do if it wants to compete with more modern payment solutions. That being said, Payoneer has been around for a long time, is secure and reliable, so definitely worth exploring if you're looking to add more ways to pay & get paid in your business.

Pros

What I like the most about Payoneer is that this is an easy way to bill clients and get paid right inside my account. This is especiallyl usefull in the freelancing business and in digital businesses. It's easy to request money and the withdrawal time is reasonable. I usually got my money in my bank account after a couple of days (sometimes up to 5-7 days depending on whether there's a weekend/holiday included). Payoneer isn't my main payment platform, but I'm glad to have it available in case I or my client need it.

Cons

I didn't like that there are certain minimum requirements depending on the currency you're using. I wanted to send smaller amounts but wasn't able to do this as there were higher minimums required. The fees are also higher than with other tools and you can get charged fees if your account is inactive for a longer time. This is not a modern practice anymore, I think Payoneer needs to modernize it's entire system and rules. Payoneer is also not as advanced as other platforms, so what you can do with it is rather limited in my experience, unless you're a programmer and use the API.

Omer S.

Printing, 51-200 employees

Pathetic Customer Service and Some Times Delay for No Obvious Reason

I use it to receive payments from my clients. The service is really pathetic sometimes. But sometimes they are really quick. Overall 2 stars out of 5. 2/5

Pros

Nice customer user interface. Easy to use features and well organized tabs. There are also detailed FAQs for new users. You can receive and send online payment from anywhere. It is really easy to send a payment request to someone email address. Also it is really easy to pay someone. There are no service charges if you pay to another Payoneer account. Sometimes the process for cash delivery and receiving is really quick. Also, it is very easy to attach your payoneer account with freelancing sites to receive online payments.

Cons

Sometimes they are really quick with service. But sometimes they will delay payments up to 3 months. They dont even tell the reason for delay. They also will not send any relevant email. They keep ignoring users queries on their forum. They will even ignore personal messages. Online chat system is pathetic. You will keep waiting for hours but they it is very rare case if they even bother to attend...

Iqra Z.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

The Best and Secure Online Payment Platform

I really like and love Payoneer. Because Payoneer allows me to receive payments in an easy and simple way. I have done a lot of projects in different freelance websites, so I always receive my freelance payments through Payoneer. The dashboard of Payoneer is really easy to understand and use. Even Payoneer mobile application dashboard and the interface are really nice. So I am really satisfied with this great online Payment system.

Pros

You can receive your freelance website payments through Payoneer. Payoneer is really a great online payment platform. You can easily withdraw your earnings to your bank account or even you can use Payoneer card to withdraw money from ATM. You can also get bank account numbers of different countries and currencies. So easily you can also use these international receiving accounts for your online store like for your store at Amazon.

Cons

I do a lot of transactions in Payoneer. I send money to my friends and I receive my Online Payments. I am honestly speaking, I never faced any issue when I use Payoneer. The features are extraordinary awesome and incredible. So for me, there are no cons.

SH

Shamim H.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

A solution for your boundaryless payment

Pros

I am an international freelancer, and it's not easy for me to find the best payment processors. I have tried PayPal, Visa, Wire Transfer and Payoneer is by far the best one. It is very cost effective, offers no less than 6 transfer options to suit your needs, and has world-class customer service that replies within 24 hours at most.

Cons

They are increasing their charges with instant notification. Which I didn't liked about them.

Patrick O.

Computer Software, self-employed

Awesome payment service

Their service is alright, but it will be better if they can remove the 2000 dollar threshold for eligibility to payoneer Debit card, and also improve their customer service response time.

Pros

I like that Payoneer integrates with a lot of marketplaces and businesses. As a part-time kindle publisher, I find it easier to receive my payments via Payoneer than any other payment gateway.It also provides Mastercard debit card which allows the withdrawal of cash from local ATM machines without having to withdraw into the bank.

Cons

The 2000 dollar threshold required for eligibility to a debit card is too high. Also, their charges are way too high especially for withdrawal into a non dollar bank account.Their customer service takes days to respond to emails and queries, really poor.

KC

Khole Chingnyon P.

Consumer Services, 501-1,000 employees

A Great Way to Send and Receive Money Online

I have had a great experience with Payoneer. The customer service has been excellent and the process has been very smooth. I would definitely recommend Payoneer to anyone looking for an easy and convenient way to send and receive payments.I have been using it to receive my payments from overseas freelance jobs.

Pros

I like payoneer because it is an easy and convenient way to send and receive payments. With payoneer, I can send payments to anyone in the world with an email address. I can also receive payments from companies and organizations. For more than a year, I have been freelancing as a side hustle and payoneer has made all my payments hassle free. Additionally, I don’t even have to go to the app to withdraw the money. Whatever payments comes to my payoneer account, it is automatically withdrawn to my bank account within 24 hours , as I’m from India.

Cons

So far, I haven’t found anything that is not to my liking.

AB

Ali B.

Translation and Localization, self-employed

Worst service provider ever!! Stay AWAY!!

Payoneer are the worst money transferring service ever to exist!!! THEY ARE UNRELIABLE!!!! Their customer service is useless (If u can even reach them) They have been bullying me and controlling me like a puppet for two month, they knew that I didn't have money and I depended on the payments I received from them to survive and they still delayed my payments for no reasons and I literally spent 2 days...

Pros

None whatsoever! think of everything that could go wrong in a money transfer and Payoneer is your answer!

Cons

They are unreliable, evil bu8llies that like controlling you and your livelihood.