Shoeboxed for Quickbooks Reviews

4.33/5 (186 reviews)

Adam Curtis

Great foundation for receipt and document management, but needs additional development.

Reviewed 2018-05-01

The ease of importing receipts is excellent. Being able to stuff receipts and documents into an envelope weekly or bi-weekly and just watch them magically show up in a file management system is great. The email inbox sync, drag and drop from desktop, and manual email submission are all excellent, easy to use submission formats as well. I think what this app needs to take file submission to the next level is a desktop app that would allow the user to view and manage files, but also has a print driver that would allow the user to print forms and reports directly into Shoeboxed from other programs. We save a lot of reports from Quickbooks and other software and instead of printing to PDF, creating a file on the desktop, and dragging it into the uploader, it would save hours per month to be able to print directly to a Shoeboxed desktop app.

Nick Pitarra

Amazing customer service by CRM

Reviewed 2017-02-03

I'm a freelance illustrator (self-employed/small business) and way behind on taxes (have been delaying b/c of my lack of organization). I have years and years of receipts saved up in shoeboxes/chest of drawers that I have to pile through. I spent a few hours researching the best app to use to do this. After downloading a lot of software, I finally settled on SHOEBOXED. I'm going to slowly pile through my receipt (snapping photos of them) and find my write offs. The images are organized by the company and are searchable (in case you ever get audited). You can even just mail them your receipts (that doesn't work for me as well b/c I have to find my write offs). But going forward I'll probably use that service as well. None of these reasons are why I'm actually leaving this review (see Pros below).Having just downloaded the app on my phone I still had some questions about the functionality of the app and its service (are the receipts searchable...how so? ...how are they organized?). I decided to call...low and behold someone answered. I can't tell you how helpful CRM was on the phone. He spoke clearly and answered my random (and very specific) questions concisely. He helped me find which package was best for me and my situation (thousands of receipts piled up for years) ...without hard selling me on anything. I hadn't even signed up for the service officially yet and he sent a quick follow-up email. It was a very calming experience in the stressful situation that is my tax headache. If any higher ups are reading this... I'd recommend giving CRM a big fat raise, but don't promote him to your department ...unless you want to be working for him soon. I'm seriously impressed that I could download a very functional/helpful phone app and a few minutes later be able to call and talk to an actual service representative with no hold, no dial tone button pressing, who was completely knowledgeable about the product he was supporting. My entire field is full of self-employed workers and I'll be recommending this product to every single one because of the experience I had with the app and the customer service.

Jacquleen Cole

Shoeboxed has helped cut down cost, time, and errors associated with tracking employees' purchases!

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Time and cost effectiveness!I love that Shoeboxed is so simple, it took me less than 5 minutes to understand the entire process and all the features. Uploading is so easy, and I know that my information will be digitized correctly because every receipt is human verified--so I don't have to spend time double-checking. Shoeboxed also makes finding a specific receipt easy by allowing the user to search by date, vendor, category, payment method--and more! Since using this software, my company has seen a significant decrease in the amount of lost receipts, unapproved employee purchases, and time wasted by administrators compiling monthly credit card reports.

Chet Walker

easy to use - one of the apps i use the most

Reviewed 2018-05-04

Exactly what it was created for - to organize my business receipts. This app has changed how i operate on field projects. Could not live without it!!The flexibility to mail in receipts, scan with iPhone or email in as attachment combined with the auto classification is what puts you guys ahead of the rest. Expense reports are great but could use some additional features - i discuss some below in the Cons section. As it stands now the Expense Report creation is not great.

Rebecca Tweedy

Been using the service for years. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 2018-05-01

Easy for tax timeThe service is super easy with prepaid envelopes that you can return anytime you want. I keep one in the house and one in the car so that I can put receipts in immediately and just pop them in the mail every few weeks. You also have a specific email address that you can email receipts too as well for online orders or if you prefer to scan them in yourself. Come tax time everything is categorized and ready to go! And if I ever need a receipt for anything (returns, warranties, etc.) it takes just a few minutes to track down!

david spellman

Generally works very well to populate images of my mileage and expenses to a spreadsheet

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Easy to post expenses by taking snapshot of receipt, categorize and save it with image available to download or just print an image of all receipts. It's a snap. Same goes for logging actual mileage -- although sometimes the software chooses the "shortest" route.

Jessica Accamando

The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread

Reviewed 2017-09-15

Maybe there are other solutions out there that compete, but I haven't found them. Shoeboxed has been my go to application for a couple years now and I tell everyone about them. It's the simplest concept that I cannot live without. You take pictures of your receipts and it directly imports them into my accounting software. It let's you know in the phone app when it cannot read certain data but otherwise it's pretty dependable. I cannot live without this app.I get an email with each submission so I know it went through. I can categorize receipts and even add notes when I submit. The pictures are always saved.

Anonymous

I am Europe based and I was a subscriber for a year. I used it for my small e-commerce business.

Reviewed 2018-05-04

Simple management of invoices, receipts, all in one place and accessible from everywhere.I like the idea of having all my invoices, payments, receipts, etc, stored in one safe place, accessible from everywhere. Shoeboxed does a good service and their app for Android works well. So on the go, you scan the receipt and that's it. No running around with papers in your pockets after a meeting with suppliers in a restaurant.

Sheila Cheasbro

Simple to use, but frustrated with the in-smart Auto catagorization of receipts. I spend hours redo

Reviewed 2018-05-01

Learning patience with a software company that has the potential to be mind blowing... But instead is just OK right now.I like the fact that I can mail receipts in or email them in and it's taken care of for me. They mobile app is also nice for tooling paper receipts in the go. I just wish that every receipt I submit with app wouldn't be stored in my photo gallery. It takes up a ton of room.

Alicia Kollmar

Does a lot for small business owners

Reviewed 2018-05-01

Saves me a lot of time and helps me stay organized. I like the ease of submitting my receipts--from forwarding an email to scanning a receipt it makes things so easy. I also like having easy access to business cards without having to sift through or carry a bunch of them. I use the mileage feature the most and really like it when it's accurate.

Anonymous

A positive experience! With a few exceptions described below, this is top-notch!

Reviewed 2018-05-04

-Has saved me so much money by upping my deductions tens of thousands of dollars!!! Also, I never used to track mileage. This has made it so easy except when I forget to drop a pin!

Rebecca McNeil

Super easy to use! Helps me stay organized for tax time.

Reviewed 2018-05-07

The ability to utilize pre-paid envelopes makes the service super easy to use. Just drop in any receipts or business cards that you have and they do the rest! Plus, they go ahead and categorize all of your receipts so that you know exactly where your money goes.

Andres Vega

Very Helpful for a Small Business!

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-05-07

Accounting. I have difficulty keeping track of my documents and receipts and you've covered me for several years.I don't have to think about it since it's connected to my Google email account. Almost all of my receipts go through email. Copies of the receipts online are nice to have when needed. The reports have been useful for my accountant at tax time, it saves me a lot of time. The iOS app is very easy to use too for my offline receipts.

Elizabeth Bennett

Easy to use, user friendly website and great customer service

Reviewed 2018-05-07

I enjoy how easy it is to send the receipts off and have them returned. I like how easy it is to search for the receipts you have sent in. Customer service is always very helpful and I appreciate that you have a live chat option I like the new feature of being able to update the types of payments

Ray Rescildo

Easy tool to use and CSv export

Reviewed 2018-05-01

Email transcibing of Reciepts. Phone image capture, one click app opening. Magic envelopes are simple, durable, and arrive very quickly. The return service is useful to, I simply label the returned envelopes by date & store them.

Don Frith

Very quick and efficient

Reviewed 2018-05-01

You can edit and create your own categories to match your bookkeeping. This will easily sync with your Quickbooks program or other accounting software. Prevents the need for having to keep a "zillion" paper receipts and then needing to process them at the end of the year. Instead, you download a report and have an image of the receipt if needed for an audit

William Figg

Easy to use, great for archiving receipts and not having to worry about it, but too expensive

Reviewed 2018-05-04

Receipt archiving is my main focus but the quickbooks intergration is also a fantastic feature. Easy to find receipts with the search feature. I know my receipts are safe and archived. Intergration with quickbooks is fantastic.

Karen Yarger

Shoeboxed helped save so much time to get us organized and receipts up to date

Reviewed 2018-05-04

Keeps everything logged in in one place and I have all the receipts where I can find them when I needVery User friendly. Love that you can do it yourself and get the receipts logged in immediately. Is a great software for keeping organized all in one place

Andy So

Good and getting better

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Has saved a ton of time and now I have a backup for the majority of my receipts. Pretty easy to use and review receipts. It has cut down my review time and collating time a lot. I also like the ability to have a digital copy of my receipts in case I lose them or they are destroyed.

Robert Oswald

Very useful tool for tracking and storing receipts. Needs ability to save various reports.

Reviewed 2018-05-07

storage and search capabilityScans and reads multiple receipts at once via ScanSnap. Categorizes based on credit card number (though not always accurately).

Saul Meyer

Essential for my document and receipt organization..

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Tax reporting and expense report generation is now painless. Saves so much time and organization. Love it.Makes my life easier and more efficient. The software is intuitive and helps expense report generation and tax reporting.

Sharisse Lane

Shoeboxed is GREAT! Platform is extremely easy to use

Reviewed 2018-05-01

I like that there are multiple way to send receipts in and none of them take a lot of time to do. Also, the filter/search options when searching for a receipt is amazing

Rachel Walter

So happy I found this product

Reviewed 2018-04-13
Review Source: Software Advice

I found Shoeboxed a few years ago, and had never thought about a "receipt organization service", but what they do is truly "magic": I just send them my receipts, bills and all sorts of documents and they, within just like a day, scan everything and upload it to my mobile app and online account - I always have my receipts at my fingertips now, and all of that without any work required on my part. I love this service so much!

Christopher Schornak

I use Shoeboxed for the mileage tracking feature, and it's the bomb, excellent.

Reviewed 2018-05-01

Mileage tracking feature. And I like the web portal reports feature. Makes it so easy to run mileage reports at end of year and export. It can be exported to CSV into excel

Michelle Huffman

The ability to separate documents would be most wonderful and very helpful

Reviewed 2018-05-02

I enjoy the ability to mail in all receipts and documents in one self addressed free envelope . Email of received package and processed is very useful