Azalea Health

Fully integrated EHR, RCM & Telehealth suite for healthcare

Azalea Health Reviews

Pros

The system is very user friendly and almost intuitive. Azalea Health has supplied our clinic with a wonderful EMR which I am so happy with; Azalea makes my work life so much easier.

ED

Elizabeth D.

Azalea's EMR is the third I have used and I believe it is the best. It is very user friendly, adaptable, and the support team is amazing.

ED

Elizabeth D.

JR

Jolene R.

LD

Laurie D.

Sometimes when I post patients charges and codes the cost of the charge does not populate.

cs

cila s.

CH

Christopher H.

4.2

EHR that Actually Has Functions for Multiple Areas of Healthcare

We don't use the RCM, but the ability of Azalea to do different things from order sets, to eMARs, to simple visit notes is helpful and allows for a more seamless process in the workplace.

Pros

Unlike most EHRs, this one has features that come in use across the different healthcare areas. Built for hospital systems with satellite offices, it has ambulatory options and inpatient hospital options, which integrate demographic information between both options.

Cons

It costs a bit more than other software, but it's beyond worth it. There are a few things that I'm sure they will continue to upgrade in the future, like information flow between hospital and ambulatory systems.

Finally! An EHR customized for any size practice!

I have worked with 5 EHR companies prior to Azalea Health. Customization has always been difficult with my previous vendors. Azalea Health started out of the gate asking our company how we operate. Unlike many solo practices, we have 34 locations across the country (and more anticipated soon). Azalea, along with our customer account rep, developed very user friendly templates. Each individual clinician...

Pros

I love the ease of use compared to other EHRs I have used in the past. The customer service response has always had that "small town appeal" but their ability and the programmers' knowledge is nothing but higher tier.

Cons

As stated before, if the entirety of the internet could be constantly live with no downtime, there would be hardly any issues. Between Google sites, server issues, and remote trouble with "internet health", I would like to have much less downtime. It doesn't occur that often, but who wouldn't want less. :)

Frustrating system much of the time with no answers, fixes and angry patients.

MIPS is almost impossible to do with the reports available. Wish there was more flexibility in what info you want when running reports. Some reports aren't fully inclusive. I was running a report for females over 35, and had alot of patients that just didn't show up on the list. Many measures aren't available through Azalea so you are limited on your choices.. We managed to get through MIPS by going throiugh a 3rd party company and entering much of the information one patient at a time.

Pros

EMR and EHR are in 1 program which we didn't have before. We attended the Azalea annual seminar last year and the people employed by Azalea are very friendly. Small group, so you know names of those you work with, but can be a downfall because people are often gone on vacation/training/ working from home etc. and hard to get answers timely.

Cons

We were with SimplifyMD prior, and we loved some of the features that are no longer available.Billing errors frustrate our patients and you can count on angry calls and visits from our wonderful patients after invoices go out. Patients are billed for the full balance before insurance has finished processing. Sometimes, not always, but don't know what to expect. Medicaid patients receiving bills, which...

Awesome

I can't begin to say enough about Azalea. I know its hard to believe people but if we had to purchase an EHR right now and knowing what we know, Azalea would be the one we would go to. The one thing I like the most is that when new regulations like MACRA or PQRS comes out, Azalea has already done the leg work for us. We just have to follow suit. They stay on top of all regulations from Medicare to Blue Cross because they do all aspects of a medical office. They have so many people that work for Azalea that give their input on what they need to make this one of the best EHR in the country.

Pros

One of the best things I like about Azalea is that it does not go down very often. If it goes down, it is usually because of Google not because of Azalea.

Cons

The best thing I love about Azalea is that it updates to our changing world of medicine every time something new comes out. For example, the ICD-9 codes changing to ICD-10. All we had to do is learn the codes. Azalea entered the codes into the system. When there are new ways for billing staff or front desk staff to make their jobs easier, Azalea is already on it. Most the time we don't have to ask but if we do, they implement it for us.

Azalea Customer Service is EXCELLENT

I have figured out a LOT of work-arounds to make Azalea work well for our practice, especially with the TASKing function. Would still like to see some better tracking for Authorizations and improvement on the primary/2ndary insurances - they should work based on the effective/term dates and many times you have to manually match them up. Would be GREAT if they were driven by date and type.

Pros

Very user friendly - easy to train new staff on the functionality. Love the service ticket option as the response is typically quite fast and you can track the progress without calling., though when I do call in - the customer service reps are great. Lance has saved me many, many times.

Cons

Lots of duplicate documents in charts as there is no lock-out on documents when other users are in them (specifically in the SFAX). When 2 users label a document concurrently - it creates 2 of that document. Would be great to have a lock-out feature that does not allow you to do ANYTHING on a document when there is another user in that document.

Overall a well rounded product

Overall, its a good product-it has all the functions needed for small or large practices. Not too much, not too little.

Pros

Easy to use-simple click and point process. Easy for a entry level employee to use. Azalea is willing to accept and implement user ideas for upgrades. Auto downloading of eras is the best feature-no paying a payment poster to spend hours manually entering payments-automate the system with Trizetto-a clearinghouse Azalea partners with. Great support staff-tickets are handled quickly and efficiently.

Cons

So of the reports are time consuming to extract the data you are looking for. Agings for example-no aging report that gives a total overall account balance on one line. The combined aging is line by line. The primary insurance aging only gives insurance, pt. aging gives patient balances. Need a report that combines the two and gives one line item balance per patient. Sometimes the upgrades will mess up other processes and that can be frustrating.

A peace of mind

Pros

Fast and timely claims handling means reimbursement in fastest time possible. Hassle and worry free process. Diligent follow up on denials to maximize returns. I am able to print and view reports about accounts receivables, collections and payors at any time and for any period. All this at a reasonable cost and a peace of mind. Customer Service is great and very responsive.

Cons

None. Compared to several years of having my own staff with all the hassles that go along with that and having employees embezzle funds, having azalea health meant having security and transparency.

Excellent EHR

Overall a good EHR. We used it in a multiple provider orthopedic practice. It seemed to be capable of setting up macros for use as a true EHR. However, most of us still dictated and had it uploaded. Most of us just didn't' want to take the time to set up macros.

Pros

Flexibility- it seemed to have all the options of making it very user friendly and customization Quick learning curve- a lot of the menus were intuitive making early navigation easy

Cons

Sometimes looking for extra pieces of information, like old operative notes, took a few extra clicks looking around. Imaging not accessible from the main program. We had to run a separate PACS system to look at films.

Best billing and EMR company

I have been with you health for 7-8 years. I have used not only their billing service but also there electronic medical records. Their EMR is very user-friendly. It has surpassed my needs and expectations. The billing portion has also been an asset to my practice. My revenues increased when they took over my billing practice. Their customer care is excellent. Any time I have had a problem or question, I have been able to talk to a person directly to work out and solve that problem. They go above and beyond what a normal company would do to help make things run better. They are also very open to suggestions to improve their billing and electronic medical records and encourage and implement your suggestions. I don't think you could find a better company to help manage your practice.

Best EMR I've ever used!

Pros

Exceptional customer service. IT department always returns your phone calls. The revenue cycle team is always available and willing to help with any issue and listens to the concerns of the client. Product is easy to use. The development team will work with the client to customize the product to suit needs if at all possible.

Cons

ePrescribing is clumsy. A (better) medical dictionary should be incorporated for those who are spelling challenged. Providers complain that systems does not allow the review of the hierarchical codes for ICD-10.

Modern EHR

We needed a program that was useful both for charting and billing. We have used other programs that did not meet the new federal requirements although they were very easy to use. We started with Azalea a year ago and are still working the bugs out of the billing portion as we have had to make many changes to accommodate our rural health clinic. The providers are very satisfied with the information accessible through the EHR section of the program. They have been very resistant to using a computerized chart system but are slowing becoming used to it.

Pros

Azalea is user friendly and the support team has been wonderful throughout the set up and any changes that have occurred over the past year.

Cons

Medication refills are done through Dr First and you have to switch programs to look into a patient chart if there is any question regarding the refill.

Azalea is by far the most user friendly EHR platform for an administrator that I've ever worked with.

Azlea's customer service is always friendly and helpful, but occasionally I've had to request an update to a ticket more than once before getting a reply.

Pros

Azalea is extremely user friendly. I have worked with many EHR platforms and this one is the easiest by far to use for administrative tasks.

Cons

Creating superbills, or facesheets in Azalea speak, is not quite as intuitive as the rest of the functions. The resulting sheet to send to the patient does have the professional appearance we would prefer.

Quality and value

I have been using this software for the last seven years. I have received nothing but professional quality help from Azalea Health. Our income went up six and a half percent over the previous billing company period and our EMR is a lot more efficient than our previous server-based EMR. Anytime I have a question about the EMR there is always someone to answer quickly and accurately. I would highly recommend the Azalea Health products.

Pros

The ease-of-use. The quality of product for the price.

Cons

Dependence on an internet provider.

Ease of use.

Pros

A simple and effective product to conform to your practice needs. Once the templates are set up to the practice processes, the system flows effortlessly. Azalea customer support usually has an answer for any questions within a couple of hours.

Cons

The only downside is that the system is dependant on reliable internet connections due to being cloud based.

Podiatrist asst

It would be nice if we could understand the changes to billing so we can help patients

Pros

Easy to use , even for someone older can usually pick up it up! Very user friendly! I would recommend it over compulink any day!

Cons

Not too many cons but biggest one is I use to be able to figure out the billing if I was asked from a patient. I can no longer figure it out and refer them all to billing at azalea

I love Azalea!!!

Pros

I appreciate the ease and functionalities of almost every aspect of Azalea. They diligently work on creating new things that make running a clinic smoother. They are preparing us for a future of technology in the medical field.

Cons

I'm not too keen on using their current e-fax, s-fax is not the greatest for a large practice.

Really good EMR

Pros

The program is very user friendly and can be used by anyone with prior computer/EMR experience with little training or coaching. Very adaptable to many specialties and capable of many templates by user design.

Cons

Adaptability takes time to set up Stock templates not very applicable to our practice Uses quite a bit of RAM

Not for use in Hospital setting

We have multiple unresolved issues since starting with Azalea Health in February 2019 and nearly every day we run into something giving us issues. When a software does not even allow you to admit a patient because of a "bug" and/or delays admit for over 6 hours, than it defeats the purpose of being an EHR. EHR is to assist a hospital/office in efficiency that translates to quality patient care and if it does not than it only serves itself as to make a profit as a business. I would NOT recommend this software to any other hospital facility. We are looking into other options

Pros

Ease of Scanning documents into patient chart

Cons

Everything in the chart is segregated and unable to be cumulated. For example, to print a patient chart you must go to multiple areas to print info and the print options are very lacking. To chart on a patient you must go to multiple areas that are sometimes seemingly hidden. This software has abandoned efficiency and user friendliness. The support team is easy to contact, but we have so many support tickets with them that we spend just as much time talking with support than working. We cannot work efficiently. Billing components (Charge Master) do not communicate appropriately with patient chart information (Chartaccess) and are constantly requiring support contact.

Best EMR Software for start up practices

We have been only in practice for under 10 years, and I started with the free software that is on the market. However as our practice grew we required more than just patient demo graphics and charting. We needed software that would be able to optimize our entire front to back end office functions inclusive of charting. We reviewed other comparable software before making our final choice. Our practice manager consultant who assisted in this process really helped us in making the decision by demonstrating how Azalea Health platform would be able to meet our growing needs. This platform is truly the best software for start up practices and we wish Azalea Health all the best in the near future.

Pros

User Accountability, ease of use, and functions

Cons

Support portal, we prefer a phone call sometimes.

Excellent, User Friendly

Pros

The ease of use and functionality of the program. It’s an all in one program. Customer support is fast to respond.

Cons

would be nice to show if a fax went through when sending in assembly and would be nice if in the fax folder it showed the name of who the fax is from

Awesome Product

Pros

Everything! Almost every vendor and product that is partnered with Azalea, brings a lot of ease to your job.

Cons

The software itself is not bad, but I am not the biggest fan of our s-fax and the current company that handles our reminder calls for appointments.

Improved Practice Management

Best tech and Billing support I’ve worked with. From out sales representative to our billing coordinator,, I’ve yet to have a bad interraction with someone at Azalea.

Pros

In nine month with Azalea we’ve seen increases in revenue and reduction in administrative time. Each month we are discovering more ways to use the features to optimize the work at our practice.

Cons

As the Operations Director I’ve yet to find cons with our move to Azalea. I might look to have extended some of our training on the uses of reports but that’s a hard call as we needed data in the system to see the value.

As usual, appropriate answers just when i need them.

Pros

Ease of use; flexibility to use my own forms. Good support when I need it. Good price. Good handling of the work flow.

Cons

Occasional parts that need to be tweaked, may not get done because the developers are very busy with more pressing issues.

Review of Azalea Health

We have been very pleased with the Azalea product and their customer service. We have a monthly check in call with our Account Manager, when we discuss new needs and receive updates about improvements on the horizon. The Azalea software has adapted to our clinic flow quite nicely.

Pros

easy

Cons

none

I have worked on over 30 different EMR / EHR's and Azalea is by the far the easist one to transition to , by far...

I would highly recommend Azalea to anyone looking to transition to a new system.

Pros

Ease of use, hands down, as a Practice Administrator with little or no down time, I find their support team and learning videos to be one of the best. We also utilize Azalea's billing team and our aging has never been so clean, great job.

Cons

As I am always asking for upgrades, they have to prioritize all request based on the number of requests they receive, so your request may not get resolved timely.