All categories

OwnerRez Reviews

Pros

They are just an overall complete solution. Great Price, Great Support, Great Feature set.

Bill M.

Everyday, we feel like we find a new feature that we didn't know about before, that makes running our business easier, and they are adding more all of the time. The customer support is superb.

Stacie S.

OwnerRez has been great. The support I have received has been fantastic.

Camelle R.

Stephanie F.

The calendar is static and not rolling there if is difficult to see checkouts all in the same page at the end of any month.

Susan A.

In most cases a warning will present if you create a clear conflict.

Rebecca B.

5.0

OwnerRez has ben a great boon to my business!

Transcript

Speaker 1: My name is Sheron, and what I really like about OwnerRez is it has saved me some very costly...

So Happy!

Pros

I honestly cannot say enough good things about OwnerRez as both a software and as a company. Having been in business for many years in both the technology and manufacturing realms and now in vacation rental management, I have a real appreciation for quality customer service. The service and technical support offered by this company truly sets the bar for others. I continue to be blown away at the...

Cons

There are too many options? HA! This software does so much that truly complete configuration can take some time - but is that really a con? I can't really think of a con or complaint.

If you have doubts or issues, don't have to wait long for a fast support team response!

it was self explanatory and easy to work with, but yes you have to experience and try for yourself. It's a lot of features and the best way to learn is using it... Some things you will find out works great for you and other features not so much, but you can just not use it and leave it aside. Overall great functions and fast learning after you begin using it.

Pros

It's kind of easy to work with, unlike many others in the market, but is you have any problem or doubt, the support team is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-L-Y fast to respond!! So you can solve most of the problems or doubts real quick.

Cons

no negative issues so far... I am still learning some functions, but so far it worked great for what I need.

OwnerRez Integration Leads to 50% Increase in Gross Revenue, Better Reviews and So Much Time Saved

We've had an amazing experience with OwnerRez, and have been thrilled with the ease of use on a daily basis. Customers are seamlessly searching our listings on multiple booking sites, making their reservations, paying for them, signing our Renters Agreement, and followup with us with positive reviews, all made so so simply by OwnerRez (we're especially fond of the automatic email trigger systems, which have automated the majority of guest interactions). I highly recommend OwnerRez.

Pros

OwnerRez has been instrumental in growing our vacation rental portfolio from 2 units to several more. The software makes cross-listing among different booking channels a breeze, and the single reservation calendar helps us keep a firm handle on all our reservations. If I had to pick just one favorite aspect of the software, it's that, once fully implemented, we are able to offer direct bookings and are no longer tied to the big players in the vacation rental industry. That means we can enforce our own policies on house rules, guest damages and more. OwnerRez gave us that freedom. My second favorite aspect was the integration with dynamic pricing software, which has led to an almost 50% increase in gross revenue from previous years.

Cons

OwnerRez wasn't the easiest to implement - we took about a month to fully integrate, and learn the ins and outs of the software. That said, they do offer a concierge integration service (which we didn't utilize) which might be especially helpful if you don't have the time to learn the software in detail yourself. But the time we did spend learning the software gave us the confidence in knowing how...

Really cool software

Pros

OwnerRez is an innovative new tool that works pretty well for what I use it for. It has a nice, clean UI.

Cons

Although it has a good UI, there are always problems, and there are occasionally buttons or features that I don't need as much that clutter things.

Great Software, Great Price, Great Support - What's Not to Love?

They are just an overall complete solution... Great Price, Great Support, Great Feature set. I wish I would have found them before I made the mistake that cost me thousands of dollars in implementation costs and improperly collected (ie not collected) taxes.

Pros

OwnerRez is full featured Property Management software. Our goal when embarking on the journey of finding a solution was to be as hands off as we could be. With OwnerRez someone can book a property, pay online, receive all communications needed for arrival, have door locks added to the appropriate home automation system and have the cleaning scheduled. (Granted there are some 3rd party integrations...

Cons

OwnerRez is extremely feature rich. I wanted a single solution for all aspects of our business but ultimately I have decided to let the experts in Housekeeping and Guest Portals do what they do best and just integrate to OwnerRez. Perhaps someday they will add that functionality.

Never been happier

The concierge service was just what I needed - they set up everything, and they're help email is always quick to respond. The staff are all very friendly and willing to ensure you are set up for success.

Pros

The features of the hosted website, my website looks so professional. I was previously using Wix, and the difference in quality is astounding. The channel manager ensures all my photos match to all my listing channels.

Cons

They just removed a fee feature that allowed you to associate certain fees when using credit card processors, but was easily able to adjust and set up a surcharge to cover this.

Superb Customer Service

I cannot say enough about their customer service. Always quick to help and always goes beyond what is required.

Pros

Set up was easy with detailed examples to help guide you through the steps.

Cons

Not having a technology background, I do not have any suggestions for improvement-it works seamlessly for me.

More powerful than expected

In the competitive world of short-term rentals, there are a number of booking sites to be listed on and lots of information to synchronize. OwnerRez allows us to do that all in a single place.

Pros

The OwnerRex software is more powerful and flexible that it appeared at first glance. We quickly found we were able to customize huge portions of it, take advantage of automation to reduce labor, and found many of its functions were actually an EASIER way to perform tasks than on the connected booking sites. Being a progressive web app, we quickly found that it worked well across all of our mobile platforms as well.

Cons

Many booking platforms have their own proprietary messaging features and do not make them available through APIs. So we still have to login to each service when inquiries or bookings come in, but that is a problem with the booking sites, not OwnerRez.

OwnerRez makes a big difference

Incredible company and top notch support. They really want to see that you are successful [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing).

Pros

OwnerRez has enormous capability and configuration to manage our properties. It is phenomenal software and the customer support is absolutely incredible. Very impressive company. We have been able to automate our business to new levels using OwnerRez.

Cons

Overall I love the software and it is way better than several we had tried.

Great Customer Service

Pros

- One central place to see all of my bookings, send emails, and manage 4 vacation rental properties - Great customer service - helpful implementation checklists, very responsive and helpful customer service reps even during the free trial period - Imports property info from Airbnb & VRBO

Cons

- Calendar needs to sync in real time. I like to know immediately when a booking comes in - as is, the sync takes up to an hour.

User-friendly, intuitive, and the BEST customer support

When I started in this business, I managed 10 properties and did everything by hand with spreadsheets. I communicated with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for weeks before making the leap to purchase the software and web hosting. I remember being so afraid to leave what I knew and start with something unfamiliar, even though creating month-end statements were taking up a whole day and organizing each day took way more time than it should. I definitely lost sleep over how to move forward. I also remember telling [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that if this works, I'll yell my satisfaction from the rooftops! Here I am, on the rooftops.

Pros

The biggest positive is the quick and responsive customer support. I often don't have time to go through the forum to see if the answer already exists and will shoot an email over to the help desk. I usually get a reply within an hour or two. If there is an article that will help, they send that too. My second favorite is the ribbon calendar that I can color code as I need. It is easy to read...

Cons

There isn't anything I like least - although there are tasks of my job that are less appealing than others, such as assigning rates. I am learning how to grasp some of the larger concepts in this area but the software "makes sense" in how the different components of pricing is deployed - rates, seasons, discounts, etc.... Once one creates the greater goals, implementation becomes intuitive. As mentioned before, I have been very fortunate to have help from the developers on how to implement pricing despite the tediousness of the task.

Perfect software for a Vacation Rental Owner Manager

A little over a year before VRBO was purchased by Expedia I had ventured into the vacation rental market with just one property. At that time 95% of my bookings came via VRBO, with the remaining 5% coming from Airbnb. The first year was very good. When ownership of VRBO transferred, my business dropped by nearly 70% and customer support became essentially non-existent. In my frustration with being...

Pros

OwnerRez software is incredibly easy it is to integrate with a website. Thanks to this software, my guests can check availability, get quotes, book, and check reviews collected from several sights and right on my website. I've never had an issue with my website not performing correctly or with incorrect information being presented to my guests. For those who are curious about what the guest interface...

Cons

There are still more features on OwnerRez than I actually use. This is not a 'con', but it is critically important to take the time to understand how you are supposed to do what you are trying to do when using OwnerRez. The vast flexibility of the program means there is plenty of room for user error. In most cases a warning will present if you create a clear conflict. But if you make an error...

Awesome Product

Before retiring and managing my rental property I was in the IT department of a large hospital for 40 years, involved in application development, vendor application management and a technical systems engineer, MCSE, CNE, CCNA, VCP. So I have had a lot of experience with software and systems. I had been using another property management product for a year that was absolutely horrible and had zero enhancements...

Pros

The setup process was straight forward and includes a Setup Interview to make sure that you configure the minimum configuration to get things going. After you have configured the system they also include an import feature so that you can import all your information from excel to make the transition a breeze. You are able to modify an invoice on the fly before sending the quote to the guest to include additional line items like a Special Discount, change a charge, delete a line item, etc. You have complete control over the invoice and how it will be presented to the guest, absolutely fantastic.

Cons

The rates database is separate from the seasons database and I feel if the rates were included in the seasons database it would make the setup process a little easier.

Thanks, Chester! We appreciate having you as a customer! Lot of great new features just around the corner.

Best thing I've done for my business

I started with OwnerRez because I wanted reliable calendar syncing as I expanded my business. This has worked perfectly for me & I also love the ‘app’ on my phone, each properly is color coded on the calendar and I love being able to clearly see, even when out & about, which dates are booked by which guest at which property. But even better are the features I did not even realize I was missing: *Templated...

Pros

The way it makes my life better every day

Cons

For the initial set up, I would have been smarter to pay for the concierge service.

Best customer support ever!

My biggest business problem is, what's going on right now, today? The different screens I have at my fingertips helps me keep my pulse on what is happening today, tomorrow and next week.

Pros

I love what this software does for me. The daily tracking and the ease of having the information I need right at my fingertips. The customer support is second to none. I'm learning more and more as I dive into it and there are so many things that OwnerRez anticipated and already have in the software. The customer service has been awesome and very responsive. I'm not techy but they help me through each little road block I hit.

Cons

Granted, there is a learning curve as with any software. So, my own frustration was my biggest enemy. I quickly asked for help when I was lost and always quickly received a response.

First time using software, upgraded from paper calendar & Excel spread sheets. Hallelujah!

Saving a ton of time, and increasing occupancy by reducing booking friction. Also saving my sanity by avoiding double-bookings.

Pros

The software is easy to use for a novice user (like me), and Customer Support is there every step of the way. I am a sole proprietor, and the demands of the business and increased complexity of the market made it impossible to continue our old ways. I liked finding software created by someone in the business and a company that had been in business for a while. Every time I had a question, one of the...

Highly recommend Owner Raz

Exceptional.

Pros

Owner Rez. It’s not only very easy to use, it has functionality that I didn’t even know I needed until I signed up. The customer support is unlike any customer support I’ve experienced regarding any software! Also what I find very important about this particular software is that the Support side of the business listens to what its customers are saying and makes the necessary changes.I have used other platforms for our vacation rental business but none had even anywhere near close the functionality no the ease-of-use. I highly recommend Owner Rez as it is also great value for money.

Cons

My "go to" booking and management solution for new vacation rental owner/manager clients

I've been a web developer for over 22 years and focused primarily on the vacation rental sector for 6+ years. I've integrated other solutions into wordpress websites and many solutions are just not mobile accessible enough or not as friendly to smaller vr businesses (focus on 50+ properties customers) and have sub par support and documentation. Some just don't work at all as advertised. OwnerRez is now my favorite solution provider to work with after trying a bunch. They always have my back and I know my clients will all be treated golden. I sure wish more companies were like this!

Pros

I have not once heard a complaint from clients about this product, in fact all are well-pleased with it and how it integrates (totally mobile!) with the wordpress genesis websites we build and customize. The documentation and support that OwnerRez provides is second-to-none and certainly not found with other solutions that are reasonably priced. In fact, many companies that provide these tools for a lot higher cost have terrible documentation and support. This not only makes my job much easier but also helps my clients.

Cons

Some clients want features that OwnerRez does not yet have. I find that it's not only the perfect entry product for new VR owners/managers but like every solutions, it can have limitations. But they are always shifting and adding new things so doing a good job keeping up with the listing site/industry changes.

OwnerRez is the Best!

Everyday, we feel like we find a new feature that we didn't know about before, that makes running our business easier, and they are adding more all of the time. The customer support is superb! CSRs are very responsive and patient with our questions.

Pros

OwnerRez has everything we were looking for in a property management system. From automated emails to accounting, to integrations with Price Lab, VRBO, TripAdvisor and more, this product has the most bang for your buck!

Cons

It's not a con, but there is a LOT to learn. But, customer support is always there to help and they have some great articles too.

OwnerRez does everything I need in a vacation rental software, and a bunch I didn't know I needed.

It makes running my business easier than I could have imagined. It's the one system I can't live without. The automation that it provides makes it so I don't hardly need to lift a finger. Many people say that Short Term Rentals are not passive income investments. OwnerRez challenges this notion.

Pros

I wish I could give 6 or 7 stars for Features and Functionality and Customer Support. The software and support team are outstanding. I've tried running booking plugins on a Wordpress site, and that gave me lots of headaches. While searching for new plugins, I found OwnerRez and a few other similar applications. After researching reviews online, I narrowed it down to two and tried the other one first....

Cons

I briefly considered giving 4 stars for Ease of Use, because there are so many options and features that sometimes it's overwhelming. But overall, I think that's a great thing, and it wouldn't be fair to rate them less than 5 stars. And anything that I have trouble with, I just send an email to the support team and get a response within a few hours. Or if I can't find a feature, they let me know exactly where it's located. The more I use it, the easier it becomes.

I LOVE OWNER REZ!!!

Pros

I love everything about OwnerRez - - the software is so easy to use! It makes my life so much easier! The customer services is excellent! I would never think of using another software to help coordinate my reservations and guests.

Cons

Nothing. I love OwnerRez! They rock!

Premier Vacation Rental Software with Excellent Customer Service

I built my business on the OwnerReservation.com (OwnerRez) software/program. I went from $0 to $250,000 in revenue in 1 year all because of the integration and ease of use provided by OwnerRez. THe program easily integrates with all of the popular sites such as homeaway, vrbo, flipkey and more. They have even set up custom scripts for me to integrate with other sites. My housekeeping contractor...

After 25 Channel Manager Demos I chose OwnerRez

I've covered a lot in the other areas, but they really are fantastic. I'm only about a month into working with them and I have an entire booking engine up and relatively smoothed out in every major way. Let me tell you... as someone who has worked in tech for a long time... that is not usually the case with something this detailed... I'm not a plug-and-play kind of operator either. I like to maximize the features available, so this is coming from a person who stress-tests systems.

Pros

Their customer service is SECOND TO NONE in my experience. They have direct API integration to all the major channels, tutorials for everything you need to build out your own site, API partnerships with tons of great 3rd party services and seem very open to integration with more if requested. Rolling out new technologies and upgrades constantly... This is the team I want to be on. Interactive and supportive.

Cons

Since their focus seems to be vigorously on functionality, 3rd party inclusion/API syncing, and constant growth within their own custom system, I would say the one issue they have is that while they focus on FUNCTION, they're less bothered by FASHION. Everything works beautifully (in my experience) but not a lot of the action behind the hood is sexy. It's like PC vs Mac. But I will take function over UI any day.

Concierge Support Team is Amazing!

A bit on the stressful side - initially, I started with a focus to only launch a direct-booking website and somehow got off track with API integrations and experienced a serious problem with the PM API set up with VRBO, had that reversed, and then my VRBO listing was "broken" for almost a week. As of today, so far it seems we're back on track so I'm happy about that.

Pros

Simplifying my listings into one dashboard and most importantly the option for direct bookings that are as professional, if not more, than OTA's. Working with the concierge team, particularly [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been incredible.

Cons

I'm still learning and getting familiar with all OwnerRez has to offer; at first I thought it was a bit clunky but as I said I'm still learning. I wish there were a feature to allow for messaging, e.g. similar to Smartbnb that pushes communication to guests in a reservation messaging thread via an app. This seems to be an industry standard, so I hope this functionality will be a future implementation. For now, I will maintain Airbnb guest communication primarily pushed through Smartbnb as all of my autoresponders are currently set up there and it works well. Plus, Airbnb "grades" hosts on their response times to guest communication via their messaging app / messaging thread.

Love Owner Rez

Calendar updates, widgets for my website, spread sheets for my guests, and auto email responders.

Pros

I have been using Owner Rez for a few years now. I love that I can sync all my calendars to my Owner Rez calendar and know all my calendars are updated. Our reps are always available to help (even the smallest issue). Their customer support is the best of the best! Emails are answered almost immediately even with the time zone difference!! The tutorials are a huge help in getting started and making day to day tasks a breeze. I can’t imagine running my business without Owner Rez. Thanks guys for a great product that is easy to use!

Cons

I could use multiple payment schedules but I hear this in the works for 2019.