Tokeet Logo

Tokeet

Tools & features to grow your vacation rental business

Tokeet Reviews

3.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.57/10

Reviews by rating

Their customer support is amazing and I'm a big fan of the company. If they redesigned the front end, I think this would be an easy five-star product.
Web UI is modern, fresh, usable, best I've seen in this category. Superb messaging automation for communication.
There is no telephone number to speak to anyone when there are problems (with a very poor system) and the support staff who are only available on web chat wash their hands of any problems.
The screenshots and the documentation is inaccurate, and the support team is utterly clueless and not particularly interested in helping. It's worse than those horrible offshore support centers.

Amanda W.

Excellent responsive team who take on our suggestions to develop the technology further

Pros

The interface is very easy to use and easy to navigate compared to others who haven't moved on from the last century. Tokeet are very responsive to the needs of their users and ask us for our opinions and suggestions all the time which shows their commitment to customer satisfaction. Really hope that they keep the small community feel even though they are rapidly expanding.

Cons

The app is developing so fast that I feel as though I am being left behind a bit and not using all of the functionality. More training videos would help. Some topic specific webinars wouldn't go amiss either. The Live Chat can vary between really quick and responsive to very slow and long winded as you wait for an answer that is trickled out over a couple of hours. More staff seem to have improved this recently though.

ph

phil h.

Real Estate, self-employed

Excellent central dashboard for short term rental owners with multiple units

Great software. It doesn't do everything but this is a young industry and most products are incomplete.

Pros

Brings together reservation information from multiple platforms into a central dashboard. Allows a business to manage multiple short term rentals on multiple platforms from a single interface. Also enables a business to book reservations directly

Cons

Doesn't fully integrate with VRBO. Requires an agent level subscription to integration with Pricelabs, regardless of the number of units.

Thanks for the review, Phil. HomeAway (VRBO) integration is next on deck, and we hope you'll try our own pricing product, Rategenie, which we think compares favorably to PriceLabs.

Used to be good

Started off great - ended badly

Pros

Used this app since they very first started and it always did what it was supposed to do but the quality has gone down as the price has gone up

Cons

You are forced to used card payment links to in order to be able to send an invoice even if you don't want to accept that card payment. The widgets don't work even though they insist they do - they really don't. The support is arrogant and not user friendly. They say you can "migrate" to symple- you can't you are just asked to sign up and start all over again. If you decide to close your account - it is instantaneous - no access until the end of the period you have paid for. Way to expensive for what it is.

1) What's the use case for sending invoices automatically without a way to pay them? 2) Our widgets are heavily used by many customers to integrate Tokeet with their direct booking web pages. We do encounter bugs, but I can see three widget fixes going into production in the past two months, so I know they're actively maintained. 3) There is a push-button migration path for Sympl. I will look for a support conversation that says otherwise. 4) I agree it would be better if we had a way to leave the accounts up for the duration of the paid period (currently a month). We currently don't, and trying to it manually would probably not be better.

DN

David N.

Hospitality, self-employed

Tokeet review

I'm managing the communication with guests, availability and rates, and processing reservations across all channels for all properties I manage. Tokeet allows me and the cleaning staff to manage the reservations.

Pros

The channel manager and messaging between the guests simplifies my life. The use of Signature to capture electronic signatures and IDs is very useful.

Cons

The Tokeet mobile app is not easy to use. It's trying to fit the browser experience into a mobile phone screen and it just doesn't work as the screen is just too small. The app needs to be re-written from the ground up.

Allison E.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

GREAT application for small hotel and property owners

Easy, extremely reasonable pricing, great customer service, packed with features perfect for a small hospitality business that I had not previously found in a single service provider.

Pros

Very easy and intuitive UI, integrated payment gateway for both directy bookings and OTA bookings, packed with features like multiple variations of booking engines, free website, ability to create an online guest portal, template and automated messages, etc. Tokeet has made my world SO much easier.

Cons

In the future would love to see more seamless integrations with other OTAs other than AirBnB, booking.com and Expedia. Currently there are limited integrations with other OTAs, but not as easy to manage those.

Thanks for your review, Allison! I'm pleased to tell you that since January of 2019 we have added OTA integrations with Agoda and are about to launch HomeToGo as well as starting work with HomeAway. We should have 95% of the market covered in a few months.

Nadiya A.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Looks great at the beginning

Pros

Customer service is friendly. Looks user friendly. Lots of cool features (like templates), but most sites like airbnb have them anyway and I dont use them as i prefer customizing my responses.

Cons

Tokeet is nightmare. It looks great at the beginning. But when you start using it, you understand all limitations. Main reason i picked it was synchronization. It is not real time and often delayed. Sometimes even fails for days. Mobile version is worst. It doesnt update reservation. You have to search by name. Also direct messages on Tokeet give no notifications. Calendar doesnt show manually blocked...

YC

Yavuz C.

Hospitality, self-employed

Meets basic expectations but missing lots of practical points and features

Pros

+ Customer service responsive + Basic import/export functionality works well. Also Push/Pull from Airbnb, Booking.com worked fine, Expedia had some hiccups. + Price point (unless there is another raise)

Cons

- Customer service does not solve all the issues and give timely feedback if solved - Critical problems occur (rate push, calendar synch) and you do not get a system notification - Only Stripe and Paypal payment options. Stripe is now charging fees for refunds, not usable - SMS sending feature cannot process the answers back - Cannot import any booking details from VRBO and Tripadvisor except the date and guest name. - User interface is missing basic practicalities, so you need to click many times to land somewhere. - Website is not secure, all passwords etc are transmitted unsecurely (no HTTPS) - Cannot import the correct booking price seen by the guest from Airbnb and Booking.com

Thank you for taking the time to write your review; we really appreciate your detailed feedback. As we plan our product roadmap for 2018, we plan on addressing many of your product enhancement requests, for example: two-way API with Homeaway and Flipkey; an enhanced messaging system; advanced Automations. Tokeet is already available on full secure protocol at https://app.tokeet.com/. Our Support team is available to work with you 24 hours a day on live chat and email, as well as a daily "Tokeet Academy" webinar. Thanks again; we will take the time to learn and improve based on your feedback.

DO

Dan O.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Terrible service and they don't support all of the features they offer

Pros

I liked what the sales pitch offered, such as CSS support and javascript includes.

Cons

The support. Having added a basic piece of CSS their system just falls over, plus i've just been told they don't support this feature and aren't able to tell me what CSS syntax IS supported - despite JS and CSS being plastered all over their sales literature. Today, it took an 8 hour conversation over live chat to get this information and their support offered me a selection of solutions first which were entirely unrelated - even I could tell this as a user.

We've built and rebuilt a lot at Tokeet since February of 2019. Since then we've released an entirely new version of the software, rewritten all the help, hired and trained new customer support and QA staff, and launched initiatives for internal training and continuous improvement. Our live chat software does send instant responses via AI in an attempt to provide useful information, and I wouldn't be surprised if that is often not helpful. But I am certain that our standards of service are much higher today.

Deborah B.

Easy to use and great customer support;

Pros

We like the ease of use when setting up new properties; the support team listen to us, the users, and are always striving to ensure we have access to a channel manager that meets the needs of a constantly evolving market. Highly recomned Tokeet as a channel manager

Cons

It would be good if it synched automatically with more OTAs but this isnt really an issue as the overall product is excellent

Prayas C.

Financial Services,

Awful after sales customer service

Pros

Some really great features (if they work) to help property managers, owners invoicing especially is really cool

Cons

If something doesn't work as expected or designed, no commitment from support to staff to fix it which is horrible customer service and leaves the user without confidence if something doesn't work you are left of your own to wait or try and resolve.

Francis W.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Double booked

Pros

I am disappointed to be writing this, I have been with Tokeet for several months and find the system pretty decent to use, and find the support generally helpful and pleasant.However, we had a family of four and their dog turn up at our property last night, and nowhere for them to stay, as they had been double booked (One on Air bnb one on Booking.com.

Cons

We had an angry family with a legitimate booking, standing on the doorstep of a house that was already occupied.We had to scrabble around to find them alternative accommodation (not easy on a Saturday night around here when they have dog).Eventually, we managed to find them an alternative room at a hotel and convinced them to accept the dog.We paid for the hotel ourselves (as they did have a legitimate...

AF

Andrew F.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Great way to track all bookings from Airbnb/

Pros

Tokeet pulled all of my manual processes into one view, and has given me the ability to have one clear view of the business. I am running 4 properties and want to grow that number, and this would not be possible without Tokeet. Tokeet can show me with one view what’s on for the day/week/month, look at rates, change rates and push out to AirBnb, Stayz, Bookings.com, Expedia and many more. Once set up its easy to use. I have not had any issues I used to have with double bookings, and I love to look at the sales graphs and P&L's, showing how the business is tracking.

Cons

First issue for me was working out how to say Tokeet! Very few cons as the issues I have had are from other parties, I had some trouble with credit card payments in Tokeet, but this turned out to be Stripe (the credit card provider) not having my merchant facility set up for the accommodation category. I also had a time where the system disconnected from Airbnb, but this can be AirBnb fault, not Tokeet, so Tokeet has the ability to set up an email or text should this become disconnected. (it has not happened again anyway) Highly recomend Tokeet

SC

Sorin C.

An absolute nightmare

Bad software, bad support team and you will loose your patience together with your money. AVOID!

Pros

It seemed to have a good balance of features and price.

Cons

Have used Tokeet for about half a year but we definitely cannot recommend it for managing different channels. Constantly loosing connections and automatically spamming our homeowner's accounts on email because of it. The interface and functionality you get for the price can seem appealing at first, but the software is poorly designed on the back-end to the point of it being unusable. When you realise...

Grant M.

Potentially brilliant App flawed in multiple ways.

Pros

Cons

First upon registering for my trial I hit immediate roadblocks. I use Stripe and PayPal, but Tokeet requires a plan to use either of these. A free trial should not be limited, my understanding of a free trial is to test all of the Apps functionality. Secondly, I was unable to really manage my account properly while using the free trial. I completed an automated import from AirBnb of my listings. I...

JM

Jane M.

Great customer service

Great customer service

Pros

Dont understand most of it and no time to try to work out how to use it so chicken and egg situation where it would save time if I had time to utilise its systems and could understand them

Cons

Still dont understand how to use it. Its expensive as I dont utilise most of its systems because I dont understand how to and because I never have time to try to understand.

AB

Anna B.

Tokeet for Airbnb

Tokeet makes it easy to view past, present and future bookings.

Pros

Easy display of bookings and connects multiple booking platforms. I like that you can toggle the view from week month or day.

Cons

Sometimes the syncing gets off and has to be reset. Not sure why this happens but I sometimes don't realize immediately and it can cause trouble.

MK

Mubashar K.

Pharmaceuticals, 1-10 employees

Hla apartments

It’s been good engaging with tokeet services they have always helped me out step by step I’ve been with them for a while now.

Pros

It’s straight forward once you figure it out

Cons

I wish The customer service can have some kind of access to delete or sort out a problem in the rentals if the rental owner is giving them permission.

Lee M.

Awful customer service, lots of problems

Pros

They have a very aggressive ad campaign and that is what got us on board in the first place. So fair play to them.

Cons

Awful customer service, it's only available mon - fri when running vacation rentals is 7 days a week. They are having issues with Airbnb currently causing multiple accounts to get disconnected from their Airbnb channel. I might add that they do not even tell you if you get disconnected so you are open to double bookings etc. You ask them whats wrong and they don't answer, they give you useless help. The software has potential but it seems to me as if it's still in the development stage! AVOID AVOID AVOID.

FP

Fernando P.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Never go for a software without a proper support

I have had a terrible experience and i lost money with tokeet. Once they lost the connection with airbnb I had double bookings and my price setting were gone which means everything were so cheap that i got penalised by airbnb because i had to cancel bookings. Tokeet won't take any responsibility for that and its extremely hard to get a hold of them. i had to wait for hours until someone reply to any inquiry and when we need to most where are they ?

Pros

works on mobile IOS but very limited and if you need to check info from a guest that works but if you need to convert a booking forget it.

Cons

ridiculous support and they blame airbnb to drop a connection and lost data settings. They cannot fix a problem and there is a bot that replies with possible answers or suggestions that most of the time are not relevant.

We have three customer support teams worldwide to provide 24-hour customer service during the week. Ticket turnaround time is monitored and managed. This sounds like a case where there was a problem on the Airbnb side and they needed to take care of it.

SS

Sandra S.

Excellent service and support

Pros

Tokeet is an excellent channel manager and has improved with development over the last 2 years. Price is reasonable and service/support is very good. I have not experienced any issues whilst using Tokeet and would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

It isn’t easy to remove a property when you are no longer managing it. Tokeet can sort removal out quite easily though.

PP

Petros P.

Petros

Pros

Renting house within a house.

Cons

The invoicing of a walk in is difficult as it does not calculate the correct rate

DL

David L.

Best of the Bunch

Pros

Tokeet is very simple to use and is very intuitive. You can be up and running in a matter of a few hours and you can then customise it to your own way of doing things as you go along. The price point is good and the mobile app is great. I give access to my cleaner and bookkeeper which menas that they can see what is going on without me having to worry about it. The online support team are pretty good too.

Cons

There are some automation options which are not yet available which would mean that the processing of bookings could become even easier. For example, I would like to be able to automatically create an invoice and take payment. I would also like to be able to automate the sending out of access details to guests IF they have signed their contract AND they have paid. This is not yet possible,

JE

Jon E.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Horrible experience and horrible support

Pros

Ease of use and features are really good. Shame that the support is really bad when you most need it and that there are continuous failures with Airbnb credentials, Booking.com rates not being automatically pushed or some of the reservations not showing up in Tokeet Fun to use at the beginning but such an unreliable tool is no the long term solution for professionals (actually it has created a lot of overbooking issues)

VR

Virginia R.

Great support

Pros

Ahsaan is very helpful on the support line and whenever I have a question he sorts out a teams link and we get it solved. Very helpful

Cons

not intuitive on some parts of use ...need more customer reports

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Easy to use and affordable

Pros

Support team is always there when you need them and I’m always satisfied with their support. They answer my email right away.

Cons

Sometimes there are questions that are not in their Q&A portion but you can always email them so its not really a problem for me