LinkedIn Reviews

LinkedIn

Get the most from your professional network

4.46/5 (576 reviews)

Pros
  • LinkedIn is easy to use and it’s UX is awesome, especially via mobile application. It’s ability to search is great.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Super easy to connect with people and build up professional connections. Also great for advertisers like me.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • There is no other app that has the most fundamental feature of a professional network. Other than that what I like best is the jobs, identifying important people and of course LinkedIn Learning.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • There are a lot of fake profiles which is offered by job and asking about money LinkedIn must focus on this area and delete their profiles and restrict them to not come again.Muhammad J.Read the full review
  • What I hate the most is that there are illegitimate jobs posted on LinkedIn that can be scams. In my younger years, I wasn't able to tell these scams from decent jobs.Brittney C.Read the full review
  • I have not find anything concrete to criticize or dislike yet. However, i hate how users use it as the advertising tool because it expose other users to scams.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Virginia Brooks

Professional profiles suitable for any and every guru in the world

Reviewed 2018-07-25

Pros
LinkedIn (LI) is the world’s largest professional network and career website, that allows you to easily connect with like-minded peers and industry leaders for trading ideas, sharing advice, etc. Whether you’re looking for a career, seeking out employees, or trying to become recognized as an expert within your industry LI’s simplistic platform provides it all. As a Marketer, I feel it’s important to show my own expertise to demonstrate the knowledge I have acquired and how it can be applied across various industries. LI is a great place to start a professional network. LI’s mobile application provides all the same features as the desktop platform (i.e. post, notifications, jobs, and professional network). PROS •Become a member of the groups in your area of interest allows you to ask specific questions, collaborate with other members, and/or post content. This is probably my favorite feature as it helps me to keep up with all the latest and greatest marketing trends, tools, and platforms. You can also revisit your LI responses to groups at any time; LI will keep a digital record for you which you can locate from your profile in “recent activity”. Regularly engaging with groups in your industry also helps to showcase your expertise and gain more visibility across your niche. •As an alternative to gaining knowledge through the online community via LI groups, you can also use LI Messaging to connect directly with your connections one-on-one and/or can choose to include multiple individuals in a message. (LI has helps me connect my personal and professional network – I have hired helped hire two friends from my personal network this way). •LI Ads are a simple and effective, they pertain to a smaller niche and shared focus; a great alternative to utilizing Google Ad’s. •Businesses can create a LI company page as well as showcase pages (for events, open positions, etc.) at no expense. I would recommend that every business should have a company page on LI, as it’s the most popular professional network. Out company page has helped us bring in more sales, increase traffic to our website, find candidates to fill open positions, and helps others understand what it is that we do/what we have to offer. Company pages are used to post regular company updates and/or news, social posts about your business, content, and/or open positions… which you can measure the performance of with the analytics available to you. •LI’s blogging interface can be used to gage where people are spending their time, what followers are interested in, and helps to boost visibility outside your network. •Maybe there is truth to the saying, “it’s all about who you know.” I have had the opportunity of helping one of my friends get hired, when a past co-worker of mine asked if I knew any qualified candidates. If you are someone looking for a job, don’t get discouraged – keep in touch with the ones you know as well as your new connections.

Cons
•When posting on LI’s company pages make sure to completely optimize your images. Sometimes, your posts appear differently on your company pages as they do on LI’s home feed. •Much like Google, I would not recommend running a targeted LI Ad unless you have a fairly large budget; advice I received from LI, directly account manager. In the past, we have run ads with lower budgets with an ending result, nowhere close to our ROI.

Anonymous

Best way to connect with professionals

Reviewed 2020-04-03

My overall experience with LinkedIn is very good. I regularly use it to post content and learn from other professionals and courses from LinkedIn Learning.

Pros
I am using LinkedIn's paid version for over 2 years along with their free profile option since 2012 actively. I really like how LinkedIn provides insight into a job with your current skill matching. So, you can modify your profile to take that course on LinkedIn Learning to take yourself one step ahead to apply for the job.

Cons
What I did not like is a limited feature for the free version, that doesn't allow us to search more than a number of specific queries. Is also limits it's paid users like me for not being able to connect to more than 80 - 100 people every day.

Yaroslav Kozak

Professional Social Network that is trying HARD to reach you | Only for GrownUps!

Reviewed 2018-08-05

Pros
*Linked in is a great tool for professionals In comparison to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, VK and others, Linkedin is not searching for traffic or huge amount of visitors. The platforms aims to target only relevant people. It has no fun(technically) or no specific aim to connect genders. And this is the beauty of the network. It is the best tool to find job, have your work contacts separated from your REAL LIFE and expand your possibilities and career.

Cons
*Design is quite old, which is the same issue with almost any social network today, *Great functionality and integrations come at the cost and they made Linkedin slow and unusable on old devices.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

LinkedIn is the Best for Lead Generation, Jobs, and More!

Reviewed 2020-02-07

My overall experience with LinkedIn is great! I plan on implementing Lead generation strategies with LinkedIn to grow my business as LinkedIn has high quality leads that no other platform has. It's easy to build a portfolio and build yourself from the ground up.

Pros
It's easy to connect with people and engage with their activity on their posts. People are generally much nicer and willing to listen to what you have to say. LinkedIn comes with many great things such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator and it also comes with LinkedIn Pro Finder to have monthly leads sent to your email in your local area. LinkedIn is overlooked by many people that don't know much about it and they should be using it because they are missing out on all the great rewards and tactics that you could utilize.

Cons
What I least liked about this software is sometimes connecting with other people that have sent you messages for the sole purpose of buying their product. They need to connect 1 on 1 and it has to be more genuine before people start calling each other and purchasing things from each other. I also don't like that sometimes I look at my new feed and people post things that are not related to business or the LinkedIn platform. It should be strictly for business and not entertainment. It's all about networking.

Muhammad Junaid

Incredible LinkedIn Job Platform

Reviewed 2020-03-09

Personally i see the LinkedIn is one of the best way to find the job in best companies

Pros
I really like LinkedIn because it is the perfect platform to find the job and you can adopts the new trends once you see this on LinkedIn and can work for the recruiters globally, it is very fast and comfortable platform and can be easily get the real talent which you are looking for it is doing incredible job

Jeremy Hancock

Linkedin - Great for Finding Jobs

Reviewed 2020-04-22

Overall, I love using this app and recommend to any one in business that LinkedIn is a MUST for networking purposes.

Pros
I love how easy it is to see jobs that are out on the market. Additionally, through connections, I am able to network to further advance my career.

Cons
I figured out that if I don't change my settings, if I view others profile, it will notify them that I looked at their profile. I like to stay anonymous as I view profiles.

Jose Zegarra Malatesta

LinkedIN the professional network par excellence

Reviewed 2020-04-24

I am satisfied, I have expanded my professional network

Pros
Allows you to create a network of professional contacts and interact with them, with the possibility of doing business

Cons
There is a professional version, which gives you more possibilities for interaction and in case you are looking for a job, it allows you to view the contacts who saw your profile

Anonymous

LinkedIn is great for job hunters

Reviewed 2020-02-04

Overall, this is the first tool I turn to when looking for a new job, or when sharing my own company experiences. Great social platform that is fairly straightforward to learn.

Pros
If you're a job hunter, like most of us have been at least once, I can highly recommend LinkedIn. It's the social platform for jobs and recruitment. I love this platform for job searches - I have applied for a few and am also able to reach out to the recruiter directly should I wish. I recommend this tool to everyone!

Cons
It's becoming a bit too populated with LinkedIn 'influencers'. These are usually recruiters that are trying to become seen by their target audience. It often means you get inundated with unwanted recruiter content.

Anonymous

Not bad, but some opportunities to improve

Reviewed 2020-02-21

I've used this to secure job interviews and recruiters contact me on there often.

Pros
Somewhat easy to connect with people professionally without adding them to personal networks like Facebook. I like seeing people's connections and work history easily. I like being able to reply to messages directly from my email notifications without having to open the app or go to the linkedin site.

Cons
Clunky interface, especially on mobile. Messages aren't always marked as read if you reply to them through email.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Great tool for Career networking

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-02-26

Linkedin is perfect for starting your career. It makes it easier for jobs to see you before you interview with them.

Pros
Linkedin is a great app to network and build your career. You can post all your professional information to it for managers to see. You can even reach out to people you want to hire.

Cons
Linkedin can be very personal. You also get a ton of emails from people wanting you to create a linked in account when you already have one.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Navin Nathani MBA, PMI-ACP CTP

A Great Professional Networking Platform enabling connections and life time learning

Reviewed 2018-11-21

Pros
LinkedIn is a great platform for professional networking primarily. The platform enables individuals to connect with people and build connections, share ideas, thoughts and perspectives and also look for prospective employers. Businesses leverage LinkedIn for building a customer base and potential partners/suppliers. Over a period of time, LinkedIn has scaled the number of functionalities it used to provide. LinkedIn is a great platform to share innovative ideas, trends, white papers, Point of View (POV). Its a perfect medium which continues to churn exponential knowledge management in any field/domain. I love the structure of LinkedIn. Anyone can send an invite to connect and take forward the connection from there. Whether its a job opportunity or a business proposition or invitation for a professional event, LinkedIn makes it easy in 2-3 clicks. There is a lot of security inbuilt to avoid anyone using your personal data which is fantastic in todays world where data is compromised easily. Next is creating your profile which is simple and gives a very clear picture of professional achievements. The All-star rating indicates that the profile contains all mandatory data needed for profile. If one is open to actively pursuing opportunities, enable a button "On" and recruiters would clearly be able to identify an active candidate.The Premium feature enables you to send an 1-1 Inmail and chat with the other person, also enables you to see who is viewing your profile. The Publishing functionality enables you to put your thoughts and point of view across any domain area, one can track view-ability and likes and comments of people who have viewed your article. Overall, a great medium to leverage and build strong life time connections.

Cons
There are a lot of jobs which have either expired or have been filled. There should be a regular update mechanism to archive those postings to ensure relevancy of job or role. Sometimes the UI has an interpretation challenge but over a period of time you get used to it. The Groups can be more structured and guided to enable quick conversations and moderation can overcome irrelevant topics being discussed in the group.

Linkedin to everyone

Reviewed 2018-03-26

Pros
Linkedin is a professional career website, it allows users to create social and business connections amongst friends, family, colleagues and business acquaintances. If your pursuing a business adventure having Linkedin is a added bonus, you can build your network of friends and see which friends have careers in desired fields in which you seek to start or grow your business in. You can get advice and directions from connections. You can also see connections, connections and go from there. You can allow for friends to independently or upon request endorse you for skills they know you have professionally or personally. You can write references as well on members profiles. It is a great way to share your personal resume with employers by sending them to your personal linkedin page via a link that linkedin provides you at no cost. you can login with other social sites such as GetApp to write reviews. Linkedin is the number one professional site amongst professionals. You can also create groups of intrest public or private and allow anyone or specific members access to discuss amongst liked minded individuals different ideas, launches, concepts, concerns, etc. You can share on your page and like things on other pages which shows up on a feed to your followers. You can send personal messages via instant messaging or you can send private mail to others. You are alerted of job changes, work anniversaries, promotions of contacts. You can apply for jobs or post jobs. You can take tutorials or watch tutorials on Linkedin. You can advertise as well on Linkedin. They have several different professional aspects across different occupations, sectors, and amongst entry level to corporate professionals. You can see some people who have viewed your page. You can have your resume set up to be viewed in other languages besides English. You can see how many times you pop up in a search result, or if a company you applied to on Linkedin has viewed your resume or profile.

Cons
You have to have a paid memebership to uncover additional features. You have limited access to the entire site without the paid membership. You can view every single person who viewed your page with a paid membership and how they found you via a search or directly inputting your name in the url. You still have a lot of features you can access without a paid membership, a paid membership will give you more access to networking and building connections to grow your brand, name, and/or company.

Brittney Collier

Newest Features Transform Communication between Employers and Job Seekers

Reviewed 2018-07-20

Pros
I love how LinkedIn has added features that drive traffic to user profiles, allowing your profile to serve as an online resume. Rather than constantly reaching out to employers, it enables recruiters to easily reach out to potential candidates as well. One of my favorite features is the recommendation section. I have recommendations on my profile from previous supervisors and co-workers that really legitimize my work experience because recruiters can see my skill set and accomplishments, but they can also see that I have soft skills that can't be easily validated in an interview like being a team player or having a personality that meshes well with others. There's also a switch on your profile that can be turned on to let recruiters know when you are (or are not) open to new opportunities. I was offered my first full-time job 2 months before finishing grad school because I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and I am forever grateful because its been one of the best jobs I've ever had. LinkedIn is more than a professional network and I believe that it's really transforming the way that we network and approach job searching.

Cons
The things I don't like about LinkedIn are more about the people on LinkedIn than the application itself. However, I think that LinkedIn should do more about preventing those things. What I hate the most is that there are illegitimate jobs posted on LinkedIn that can be scams. In my younger years, I wasn't able to tell these scams from decent jobs. But now, I can tell the difference very easily. I wish LinkedIn would do more to filter these jobs and/or remove them, but I understand how that could be difficult to do without taking away someone's right to post what they want.

David H. Deans

Global Connections + Self-Publishing = Key Benefits

Reviewed 2018-05-20

Pros
Personal and Corporate use of LinkedIn has evolved during the decade that I've been a member. Originally conceived as a directory of professionals across the globe, the site now includes many additional features. The basic 'Profile' content enables LinkedIn (and now Microsoft) to aggregate information about people and companies. The 'Groups' feature enables LinkedIn to align people and companies with topics. Also, publishing on LinkedIn enables people or companies to post an article, photo or video that can be shared with followers. The site can be effectively used with the 'Free' version (which is advertiser supported), with many more capabilities available in the 'Premium' version. Note, LinkedIn owns 'Slideshare' which enables the publishing of presentation content, also available for 'Free' use, that can be embedded in posts on the LinkedIn site.

Cons
LinkedIn periodically updates the user interface of the site. Sometimes the changes are an improvement, other times the UI updates create minor confusion (until members discover the benefits). Also, LinkedIn is constantly being challenged to counter the acts of Spammers who attempt to manipulate the capabilities of the site. At times, changes targeting the acts of Spammers negatively impact other members. Members must learn to configure their own 'Settings' to limit the unwanted solicitations of Spammers.

Chantel Soumis

Excellent Tool for Building Relationships - Tech Needs Work to Dazzle

Reviewed 2018-09-12

Pros
The ability to connect with professionals across the world is absolutely remarkable. This tool encourages authentic engagement and community building which, in turn, often brings referrals and business opportunities. Platforms are only as strong as their users, and there have been some incredible power-users lately that make the platform truly shine which is why it is important to govern activity to prevent fraud / spam and promote super-users who can advocate for the business. Since Microsoft purchased LinkedIn, there have been many incredible adjustments, such as the addition of LinkedIn video, using GIFs and voice recordings in messaging, and I can't wait to see further enhancements.

Cons
The "Groups" functionality has a LOT of work to be done to really make it shine. There is no "Events" category or way to show and promote networking events. The messaging feature is very unorganized which looks like a CEO's, messy, ignored inbox. The support is really horrible. It's basically set up as DIY in forums, but when you do have a customer service representative respond, they often aren't very well versed in the technical aspects of the tool and cannot provide adequate information / support.

Benjamin Buske

Great Business Network Tool

Reviewed 2018-05-06

Pros
I have been using LinkedIn for years as a mere employee, to remain in touch with my co-workers and to find new job opportunities. Both tasks are well managed by LinkedIn. Now, being a business owner myself, I use far more features of LinkedIn, I use it for recruiting, for remaining it touch with partners and employees, and so on. The option to be endorsed and to receive and give recommendation is a nice extra, which I really love. Just as being able to upload titles and certificates, or to compile all your profile data into a fully fledged resume. Great tool, which I wouldn't wanna miss and almost use as much as Facebook.

Cons
LinkedIn is great and the free version does offer a lot of features. However, many of the interesting features, a business owner or recruiter would need, are included in one of the several premium packages. These appear to be quite expensive in their fees, though they do a great job. Just smaller businesses might not be able to afford it. In addition, I did not like the fact, that LinkedIn moved a way from a single Premium Subscription to a one, where you have to choose between several packages – or subscribe for more than one of these, which gets even more expensive.

Nathan Sichilongo

An honest review of LinkedIn

Reviewed 2018-10-25

Pros
LinkedIn is everything work professionals need to connect and interact. 1) Professional social network feel - I like the ability to share posts, add comments, message connections and find jobs, or opportunities. 2) The connections feature is probably the most underrated feature of LinkedIn. It's not just enough to have connections, if your connections know you well, they can recommend you for skills, on job applications and more. 3) LinkedIn Premium features may not seem like they are worth the extra money but if you can afford it, there are some valuable features that you can use - The most obvious one is see who had viewed your profile. For some reason you have to pay for this but it is a good feature to have. - The Featured Applicant feature under LinkedIn Premium is great for job seekers, where you can apply for jobs and are put at the top of a recruiters list. - E-Learning courses - LinkedIn allows you to also take elearning courses (from their purchase of Lynda.com) to update your skills and even save courses for future reference.

Cons
1) LinkedIn tends to send too many emails notifications over the course of the week. There is a way to turn them off but it seems a bit odd that a social network would be sending out so many emails. 2) Not everyone will find the premium features useful. Yes it is great to be able to apply for jobs or see who has viewed your profile, but those do not always seem to justify the cost of membership.

My go-to networking tool

Reviewed 2018-11-23

Pros
I use LinkedIn more than any other application/program for my job as an editor for a tech magazine. I was one of the first in the company to request a Premium membership, and now the whole company has a Sales Navigator account. Some of my best writing projects have come as a result of a cold intro on LinkedIn or seeing something in my feed. As long as people continue to see LinkedIn as a trustworthy, professional source of info, it will continue to be worth the paid/upgraded account.

Cons
The customer support has a lot to be desired. Last year an employee left the company and we didn't realize until after he was gone that he was the administrator of a group. LinkedIn customer support was zero help whatsoever in getting his admin privileges revoked, and furthermore we couldn't change basic info about the group because he controlled the settings. Also, the new limitations in the groups are really disappointing. Our team had invested many years in to building one group page to 5,000+ opt-in people, and now being able to send a message to them is next to impossible.

Joseph Kurian

A superb platform to build networks and improve your visibility.

Reviewed 2019-03-08

Pros
It is a very simple to interact and connect with candidates through LinkedIn and it is one of the biggest networks and it helps us in increasing the exposure of the business. Not just sourcing the right talent, but we can also stay updated with the trends and upcoming news in our areas of interest. You get a lot of information that is for free! I get to see the professional information of all individuals, from candidates to employees to investors. People who have a very limited budget can build a trusted professional network with ease. It has helped us to reduce overhead costs and get a lot of details about various customer segments.

Cons
It takes a lot of time to build connections, I should say that you have to invest a lot of time for the same. It is true that you would find a lot of news but the credibility of this information is questionable. The premium accounts charges are quite high and the linked in that is for business makes you get a lot of personal data that is not desirable!

Praveen Rajan

I use LinkedIn to stay connected to the professional world

Reviewed 2018-09-19

Pros
Searching for jobs was not an easy job before and job sites were charging considerably high fees from the candidates just for applying for a job. LinkedIn came in to the market to change all these conventional job searches. There are different ways to get hired through LinkedIn. First is, through the connections, if you add connections sensibly after doing some research you will surely land in your dream job with the help of this connections' recommendations. Next is through the dedicated job section provided. We can search for jobs using keywords, location, title or salary and apply. Nowadays, I can see that high profile jobs also are being posted though LinkedIn.

Cons
LinkedIn is free for normal users and to enable advanced search features like sorting the search results using number of employees, total revenue, job function etc., we need to upgrade to either Sales Navigator or Recruiter which costs high. Other premium features doesn't actually give unlimited people search in fact.

Sean Preston

A must have for any professional in need of an online presence

Reviewed 2018-06-20

Pros
I have used many social networks, however largely only for personal use. LinkedIn, however, is designed to meet the needs of a more professional audience. As a university lecturer I always recommend my students create an account on LinkedIn and assuming they complete their profile they will normally start to receive messages from potential employers within a couple of days. Aside from the obvious potential of receiving relevant job opportunities, LinkedIn also creates an environment were it's possible to keep in touch with colleagues and professional friends in an often very informal way which is definitely a benefit.

Cons
Unfortunately, you will sometimes notices SPAM messages appearing in your LinkedIn inbox. This is my largest issues with LinkedIn. Another problem I find with LinkedIn is it's recording of profile views. If you view someones profile, they are notified. While this could in some cases be helpful it does make you think twice about viewing someones profile.

Kevin Williams

LinkedIN if Used Properly for Networking its worth its weight in Gold

Reviewed 2018-09-10

Pros
Ive been using Linkedin for at least 6 years now when I first started to use it of course it was a learning curve being that I am a business owner I was please to know that there was a social network that doesn't have all the clutter and meaningless photos of say Facebook and Twitter. If im being honest I have probably developed at least 200+ leads just through messaging and targeting based on finding specific groups and posting relevant content.

Cons
My major problem with Linkedin is the change to how you access and find new groups. It use to be as simple as going to the dropdown at the top of the page and clicking "Groups" then you could place search inquires and add relevant groups to that search. Now it seems like you have to go though like three areas just to find it. Also the mailbox gets too cluttered I know you can get a purchased account an circumvent that with Inmail but on the normal account it can get annoying.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Victor Blake

Go to networking application for technology professionals

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Pros
LinkedIn has been and continues to be the go to application for networking professionals. Microsoft not only continues to support LinkedIn but is building great training, office, document, HR/recruiting, and other integrations vastly adding to its value. I've never used LinkedIn as a salesperson, but I've certainly been on the receiving end of salespersons looking to sell products. I can clearly see the value for them.

Cons
I think LinkedIn could do a better job of helping sales folks intelligently (instead of blindly) follow matching customers. I also think that there is a huge gap in standards development and how that is NOT overlaid on LinkedIn. Right now standards groups are there as "groups" they same as alumni groups (which could also be better organized). I think this is not all that it could be. I could imagine some amazing possibilities if standards development were really integrated to be a core service of the platform.

Roger Sill

For the Technical Recruiter - NO OTHER Product Matches Identifying / Contacting Passive Candidates

Reviewed 2017-10-10

Pros
It is the only database and application platform that passive high tech candidates use in their career to stay available when, and in case, they decide to change companies. The typical profile of LinkedIn members in high tech are they always have employment, and stay available to see if there is a next step in their career they need to consider when a job req is Inmailed to them. For hiring managers they can increase their network of possible people they could hire on their team, or get the word out to their network that they are hiring and through referral find candidates. I like the education section as a goto when i need to learn something - that is a nice additional function

Cons
always lots to explore and more than you can use at any one time, so I never feel i am utilizing it fully. I have to hunt around for things in the menu as it never seems to be where i would think it should be.

Anil Jose

A perfect platform for upraising your professional career.

Reviewed 2018-08-05

Pros
It lets you begin and develop a suitable professional career by connecting between your friends and family. You can send emails or even personal messages to your contacts about your ideas, and discuss them in groups. You can also limit your data’s access among those whom you want and do not want. You can visit pages of companies, evaluate their jobs and offers. The presence of salary estimates gives you a broader horizon of the company.

Cons
One has to get into a paid subscription so that most of the essential features get unlocked. Otherwise, you may not get any detailed information on the pages you might be visiting. If paid, you could also see who even visited your pages. Although the update is made for an easier tasking, it often creates a lot of confusion. Spam is another problem that has to be dealt with. They turn out to be quite expensive for smaller business groups.