LinkedIn for Business

Get the most from your professional network

LinkedIn for Business Reviews

Pros

It is great for networking because it is professional, unlike social media, and can allow you to connect with colleagues and co-workers. It also has great search functionality.

It has honestly been a great experience with this product and I’ve been super happy with it.

Lorraine T.

Their career tool is fantastic. I have been on both ends as a job seeker myself and also a recruiter and the user experience is very consistent and great in both roles.

Sabharish K.

Cons

There are some fake employers and fake user profiles in LinkedIn, which is not acceptable in professional social networking platform. Also, the Linkedin premium is a bit costly.

Abdul Waudud C.

It glitched at times and failed to load properly. Sometimes it lousy what information was already inputted.

Looking for new roles is not as easy using LinkedIn as it is on other job sites. Most suggested postings are irrelevant to my skills and some are fraudulent.

Great for Business Owners!

Transcript

Min K.: Hi, my name is Min. I am a business owner. I would give LinkedIn for Business five stars. For...

Prominent application for professionals

Overall I am impressed, I use this everyday life to improve my knowledge , sharing, making connections, appreciations and opportunities LinkedIn is the best tool and no other tool is nearly to compete

Pros

The best part of this is, it is used by only Professionals, so the post, details, appreciations all are well mannered and diligent. Secondly we can connect people and share thoughts, opinions, knowledge, ect Can make connects easily based on search and filters Also trainings that they provide is Prominent

Cons

Nothing is least here, its all good. Pricing is little expensive There are few UI related bugs, apart from that all good.

Great for Business Owners!

Overall, it has been a good experience using LinkedIn for Business because I can control what is viewed to the public and what is privately shared with my followers. I like being able to make my business more professional that it already is. Although I am still in the production stage of my business by working with freelancers, I have learned a lot about promoting the brand professionally on the world wide web. It has been a fulfilling experience and I hope it takes off with many sales in the near future. During the pandemic, I have been working on my business more than ever because I was furloughed from my full-time job. LinkedIn is one of the ways I could promote my business and help me rely on it to generate income.

Pros

My favorite part of LinkedIn for Business is having the ability to post the latest updates on my freelance business to the public. I can control what gets seen by the public and what doesn't. I can invite my employees to the business on LinkedIn, forming a community and giving them a sense of belonging. It is important to engage those who work for my brand and keep the brand professional.

Cons

I don't like having to pay for advertising services because it is expensive. I have used the advertising before to promote my business but it led to nowhere. If there is a way to get a refund for these type of incidents, that'd be a great feature. I don't have many employees hired for my business at the moment but I have been able to work on the marketing aspects of my business. I can still promote my products by creating posts and videos onto LinkedIn for visitors to see.

Becoming Harder and Harder to Network

Overall, my experience has been mixed. Failure to moderate the types of posts allowed has drawn LinkedIn for Business away from networking and has turned the platform into a regular social media page. On the flip side, the "Jobs" feature has been very helpful for our company, and the professional development opportunities on the platform seem promising.

Pros

Our business development team uses LinkedIn on an almost daily basis. The Premium Mail feature is really nice. It is also really easy to narrow down your search for new contacts using the multitude of filters available on the search page. Navigation and creating a post is also very easy. We are just starting to explore some of the webinars/classes that LinkedIn offers, but so far they seem good! We used LinkedIn to hire for the last two salaried positions in our office, and we were able to get some really good candidates. I would say that "Jobs" feature has been the most useful to us from a business perspective.

Cons

My number one complaint about LinkedIn is that, each day, it becomes more and more like Facebook. This was supposed to be a networking platform, but now it has become a harbor for memes, cute animal videos, etc. It is also rampant with aggressive political posts, which I think have no place in business. That's not really what I'm looking for from a networking perspective. Many of my peers in this industry share my frustration and are moving to Alignable for this exact reason. We may have to consider making the switch for networking purposes. We will still likely use the "Jobs" feature on LinkedIn though.

Premium features for LinkedIn

Creating a profile that builds my connection and network in the professional world. Searching for jobs and comparing salaries from different organizations is easy. Researching for a business and employment trend with this software also very helpful.

Pros

The business plan lets me to view profiles in my 3rd connection, which i can't see from a basic account. It is beneficial when i am searching for anyone in a particular organization. Other than that, the analytics insight gives me critical information when i am applying for a job vacancy on the platform or searching for a perfect candidate for our job vacancy.

Cons

It is expensive, and all the plan has its own features and distinguishes from each other. I need to change the program if I need to use the feature that only available on the program and can't use the feature on my current plan. Customer service is just average and not the best despite the expensive plan that i have paid.

Link In with LinkedIn

Overall, my experience has been amazing with LinkedIn. I found my first few jobs with this site and have been improving my own resume within, using tools from LinkedIn to help improve my own resume and experience. LinkedIn has been a large asset to me as well as my coworkers, friends, and family.

Pros

Easy to set up your profile and show off your skills! This program is one I have used for years in order to find jobs, coworkers, or brush up on someone I’m interviewing with before I do! This software is definitely a necessary tool that brings a ton of benefit to your job search or recruiter search, making it so much easier than it was before! Finding a job or finding someone to fill a job has never been easier!

Cons

Some profiles are more difficult to find, but I find this to be a pro as well as a con considering you can set your profile to be as attainable as you’d like. There are not a lot of bad things to say about this software when you can filter or set just about everything/anything to your own preference or convenience.

LinkedIn my choice

It's the best platform for anyone who want to grow in his/her career.Advertising of products and services have also been made easier.For example getting connections on services like voice overs,music and volunteering has been made easier.Also,getting connected to high profile people has been made easier because of their visible contacts.

Pros

This product is where I spend most of my time.Why?I get to connect with people in different fields.It's a place I have learnt to grow in my career.It's a place you can easily get a job that suits you and also there are a lot of motivational videos and images to enable one to embrace everything.

Cons

May be the subscription of the product (upgrading)is not so much affordable so this has forced some of us to stay in the ordinary package.p personally I would really love to upgrade because I know that with upgrading there are more better features.

What are you waiting for? Get it now :)

LinkedIn for business is just an amazing software overall. If you are a business and are looking for a software that is both easy to use, and just a great tool to implement look no further!

Pros

LinkedIn for Business is such a critical tool we use in our company. Our employees utilize LinkedIn everyday and we have never had any issues. We utilize LinkedIn jobs, we post constantly to try and engage new followers, we utilize sending messages to prospective candidates which in turn make us placements. There is just so many great things about LinkedIn for Business!

Cons

There is rarely a time where we have to reach out to customer service. There have been maybe a handful of times where we had a small issues but always were fixed within a day.

A good professional platform to find leads

Best professional flatform to find leads and prospect. There is lot of professional profiles which really helps us to get B2B business

Pros

LinkedIn scheduler feature ia very useful to schedule meeting with prospect in a single platform. LinkedIn polls feature is very useful to understand latest market. User interface is great which creates professional virtual environment.

Cons

Pricing of LinkedIn for business is quite expensive. There will be lot of sponsored messages which sometimes feels irritated.

Resourceful

Ilinkedin finds the applicants and sorts them out. They come verified with resumes.

Pros

Resumes, search, tools, design, support.

Cons

There isnt anything not to like.

LinkedIn for Business Helps With Connecting

It has helped in improving my business connections and getting insights from others in business.

Pros

This is a great site for Business as it is easy to set up company pages, join industry organizations and build your own industry connections. Other businesses can find out about your company easily.

Cons

I can not figure out a way to stop people in business from sending unwanted messages.

Great Networking Platform

Very fun. I had a separate account years prior when I worked in accounting but opted for a fresh look when I got involved in the arts. Its an incredible field to be in, very demanding but one that helps shape a person in ways I dont think can be achieved any more successfully. LinkedIn is just a super cool place for people to meet and network and share ideas and opportunities with a growing world thats...

Pros

LinkedIn, from my understanding, is/was one of the original networking platforms for professionals. The interface is simple, modern and very user-friendly. Ive run across some of the coolest profiles of modern day creators for this generation. Theres so much to learn about different areas of business and education that you may not know exists otherwise. Very trendy, cool & classy souls and its just a great place to start if you're looking to advance your career or financial situation in any way. Very down to earth vibe, and the people generally are very open and accepting. Intelligent beings, I really enjoyed a lot of my time there!

Cons

Its not so much the software as it is the economy. I feel like the world slowed down a lot several years ago, and if you werent in the know you missed the shift. I feel like theres a new avenue in business in America that wasnt there before and because Im not involved I get a since of just boredom or almost like a stagnation, so Im not as active in the community as I used to be. Theres a whole new group of professionals in a different field of work that i feel like i really missed out on, so the swing of things has changed a bit. I literally feel the difference .. only complaint I think I have about the software is the mailbox. It can be kind of irritating. But otherwise most of the features are awesome.

Media to Network

I have made many new connections in LinkedIn and when I meet someone new, I get connected with them and know more about them. If see an opportunity in some organization, It helps me to know who else works here, so that I can get referral or learn more about the opportunity.

Pros

Best media to network with your connection and find the new opportunity and keep you updated. Helps you to learn new technology and news, job opportunity, organization in which people around you are working with.

Cons

Sometime the post get repeated, when you see your own post the number of views to the post increases (which is not supposed to happen) limits the number connection a user can have.

Excellent professional networking application to bring talent and opportunity together!

My overall experience with LinkedIn has been great over the years. It has helped me meet some of the best people I have ever met over the course of my education and employment journey. It has allowed me to learn so much simply from following other people and how they approach certain things and I've been able to incorporate some of it with my own personal and professional lives. The learning is endless and it is a wealth of knowledge out there.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is how they have evolved over the years. I have been a long time user of LinkedIn and it has been fantastic to see how they have adapted to the modern needs of the world over the years. It is more than just professional networking now. Their career tool is fantastic. I have been on both ends as a job seeker myself and also a recruiter and the user experience...

Cons

Sometimes it can be overwhelming. You are constantly under the pressure of keeping your profile up-to-date and most of that work seems to be manual and time consuming in many ways. This means that LinkedIn is still not a global solution and lacks integrations with other applications that provide verified and validated credentials which I'm not able to add to my profile at just the click of a button....

A Great Professional Networking Platform enabling connections and life time learning

Pros

LinkedIn is a great platform for professional networking primarily. The platform enables individuals to connect with people and build connections, share ideas, thoughts and perspectives and also look for prospective employers. Businesses leverage LinkedIn for building a customer base and potential partners/suppliers. Over a period of time, LinkedIn has scaled the number of functionalities it used to...

Cons

There are a lot of jobs which have either expired or have been filled. There should be a regular update mechanism to archive those postings to ensure relevancy of job or role. Sometimes the UI has an interpretation challenge but over a period of time you get used to it. The Groups can be more structured and guided to enable quick conversations and moderation can overcome irrelevant topics being discussed in the group.

Professional profiles suitable for any and every guru in the world

Pros

LinkedIn (LI) is the world’s largest professional network and career website, that allows you to easily connect with like-minded peers and industry leaders for trading ideas, sharing advice, etc. Whether you’re looking for a career, seeking out employees, or trying to become recognized as an expert within your industry LI’s simplistic platform provides it all. As a Marketer, I feel it’s important to...

Cons

•When posting on LI’s company pages make sure to completely optimize your images. Sometimes, your posts appear differently on your company pages as they do on LI’s home feed. •Much like Google, I would not recommend running a targeted LI Ad unless you have a fairly large budget; advice I received from LI, directly account manager. In the past, we have run ads with lower budgets with an ending result, nowhere close to our ROI.

Linkedin to everyone

Pros

Linkedin is a professional career website, it allows users to create social and business connections amongst friends, family, colleagues and business acquaintances. If your pursuing a business adventure having Linkedin is a added bonus, you can build your network of friends and see which friends have careers in desired fields in which you seek to start or grow your business in. You can get advice and...

Cons

You have to have a paid memebership to uncover additional features. You have limited access to the entire site without the paid membership. You can view every single person who viewed your page with a paid membership and how they found you via a search or directly inputting your name in the url. You still have a lot of features you can access without a paid membership, a paid membership will give you more access to networking and building connections to grow your brand, name, and/or company.

LinkedIn Review

LinkedIn is so far one of the best platforms for recruiters as well as for job seekers with many users. It is a reliable, useful, simple and powerful tool in providing effective communication between job seekers and employers worldwide. It helps the recruiters to locate competent employees faster that any other platforms and also it will help the job seekers to connect easily with employers and land in a high paying job more efficiently than other platform.

Pros

LinkedIn is one of the best and most trusted job searching application in the world. This is true because of the fact that a lot of people included myself have gotten great result with using LinkedIn in getting a job and participating in job-driven skills training necessary for developing the required skills that the employers are looking for. Even though the free version of LinkedIn also provides...

Cons

The positive things about this software outweighs the negative points because I thought a lot about anything negative about LinkedIn, and after too much thinking, I only can point out some little improvement that could make LinkedIn easier to use for people who have less knowledge of Information Technology. This task could be done by simplifying some features for creating our profile on LinkedIn.

Newest Features Transform Communication between Employers and Job Seekers

Pros

I love how LinkedIn has added features that drive traffic to user profiles, allowing your profile to serve as an online resume. Rather than constantly reaching out to employers, it enables recruiters to easily reach out to potential candidates as well. One of my favorite features is the recommendation section. I have recommendations on my profile from previous supervisors and co-workers that really...

Cons

The things I don't like about LinkedIn are more about the people on LinkedIn than the application itself. However, I think that LinkedIn should do more about preventing those things. What I hate the most is that there are illegitimate jobs posted on LinkedIn that can be scams. In my younger years, I wasn't able to tell these scams from decent jobs. But now, I can tell the difference very easily. I wish LinkedIn would do more to filter these jobs and/or remove them, but I understand how that could be difficult to do without taking away someone's right to post what they want.

Global Connections + Self-Publishing = Key Benefits

Pros

Personal and Corporate use of LinkedIn has evolved during the decade that I've been a member. Originally conceived as a directory of professionals across the globe, the site now includes many additional features. The basic 'Profile' content enables LinkedIn (and now Microsoft) to aggregate information about people and companies. The 'Groups' feature enables LinkedIn to align people and companies with...

Cons

LinkedIn periodically updates the user interface of the site. Sometimes the changes are an improvement, other times the UI updates create minor confusion (until members discover the benefits). Also, LinkedIn is constantly being challenged to counter the acts of Spammers who attempt to manipulate the capabilities of the site. At times, changes targeting the acts of Spammers negatively impact other members. Members must learn to configure their own 'Settings' to limit the unwanted solicitations of Spammers.

Excellent App For Human Resource Management

My overall experience with LinkedIn has been overwhelmingly positive. The sales and support staff are all very knowledgeable and eager to help in any way possible. LinkedIn's Business Solution has increased our success in finding the best job-seekers and connecting them with a great career within our organization.

Pros

There are many things that I like about this app but the top pro to this app as an end user is the ability to solicit experts to critique and offer suggestions to make an individual's profile shine. A person can get suggestions on how to write a resumé that will be distinct enough that it gets noticed but also unique to each job being applied for. LinkedIn is also a valuable tool for social networking amongst colleagues and peers across your particular industry as well as happenings in other industries in the economy. People share lessons they've learned, successes, and failures which provides for a vast knowledge base that is at the tips of your fingers. All a person has to do is look.

Cons

In implementing the business solution we had a little bit of trouble integrating the inmail application with our in house human resource crm. However, this was not an issue with LinkedIn's application but simply needed a gateway into our proprietary management system. Overall, I don't have any complaints with LinkedIn's Business Solution.

Excellent Tool for Building Relationships - Tech Needs Work to Dazzle

Pros

The ability to connect with professionals across the world is absolutely remarkable. This tool encourages authentic engagement and community building which, in turn, often brings referrals and business opportunities. Platforms are only as strong as their users, and there have been some incredible power-users lately that make the platform truly shine which is why it is important to govern activity to prevent fraud / spam and promote super-users who can advocate for the business. Since Microsoft purchased LinkedIn, there have been many incredible adjustments, such as the addition of LinkedIn video, using GIFs and voice recordings in messaging, and I can't wait to see further enhancements.

Cons

The "Groups" functionality has a LOT of work to be done to really make it shine. There is no "Events" category or way to show and promote networking events. The messaging feature is very unorganized which looks like a CEO's, messy, ignored inbox. The support is really horrible. It's basically set up as DIY in forums, but when you do have a customer service representative respond, they often aren't very well versed in the technical aspects of the tool and cannot provide adequate information / support.

Great Business Network Tool

Pros

I have been using LinkedIn for years as a mere employee, to remain in touch with my co-workers and to find new job opportunities. Both tasks are well managed by LinkedIn. Now, being a business owner myself, I use far more features of LinkedIn, I use it for recruiting, for remaining it touch with partners and employees, and so on. The option to be endorsed and to receive and give recommendation is a nice extra, which I really love. Just as being able to upload titles and certificates, or to compile all your profile data into a fully fledged resume. Great tool, which I wouldn't wanna miss and almost use as much as Facebook.

Cons

LinkedIn is great and the free version does offer a lot of features. However, many of the interesting features, a business owner or recruiter would need, are included in one of the several premium packages. These appear to be quite expensive in their fees, though they do a great job. Just smaller businesses might not be able to afford it. In addition, I did not like the fact, that LinkedIn moved a way from a single Premium Subscription to a one, where you have to choose between several packages – or subscribe for more than one of these, which gets even more expensive.

An honest review of LinkedIn

Pros

LinkedIn is everything work professionals need to connect and interact. 1) Professional social network feel - I like the ability to share posts, add comments, message connections and find jobs, or opportunities. 2) The connections feature is probably the most underrated feature of LinkedIn. It's not just enough to have connections, if your connections know you well, they can recommend you for skills,...

Cons

1) LinkedIn tends to send too many emails notifications over the course of the week. There is a way to turn them off but it seems a bit odd that a social network would be sending out so many emails. 2) Not everyone will find the premium features useful. Yes it is great to be able to apply for jobs or see who has viewed your profile, but those do not always seem to justify the cost of membership.

LinkedIn is the Best for Lead Generation, Jobs, and More!

My overall experience with LinkedIn is great! I plan on implementing Lead generation strategies with LinkedIn to grow my business as LinkedIn has high quality leads that no other platform has. It's easy to build a portfolio and build yourself from the ground up.

Pros

It's easy to connect with people and engage with their activity on their posts. People are generally much nicer and willing to listen to what you have to say. LinkedIn comes with many great things such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator and it also comes with LinkedIn Pro Finder to have monthly leads sent to your email in your local area. LinkedIn is overlooked by many people that don't know much about it and they should be using it because they are missing out on all the great rewards and tactics that you could utilize.

Cons

What I least liked about this software is sometimes connecting with other people that have sent you messages for the sole purpose of buying their product. They need to connect 1 on 1 and it has to be more genuine before people start calling each other and purchasing things from each other. I also don't like that sometimes I look at my new feed and people post things that are not related to business or the LinkedIn platform. It should be strictly for business and not entertainment. It's all about networking.

Good for to build a professional network

LinkedIn helped me to find my previous job, and it helped me to build my professional network. It saves your time and effort when you are actively in job market. The most recruiters search you on LinkedIn (they see your certificates, licenses, skills and endorsements which give them good impression about you), before connecting to you by phone. And I also search for the company or the person to make myself familiar so my phone interview goes better.

Pros

in LinkedIn you build your professional profile. You can write your resume on About section so recruiters can easily decide whether you are suitable candidate before contacting to you. another good feather I like is In Dashbord it shows how many people viewed your profile, in how many searches you appeared. Another good feature you can open multiple message windows at the same time, that helps you texting with multiple person without open-close every time. Free linkedin learning feature is very helpful.

Cons

When creating group message you have to type the names by yourself, yes, it gives you names when you start typing first letter. But, I wish there is already list of the names so you can easily click and add them.