All categories

SeekOut Reviews

Patricia S.

The ease of use and the power filters have been a great help for those new to our team and the tool.

The ability to tailor the searches is awesome, paired with the ability to pivot off of the tailored searches to clone searches is perfect.

Brandon B.

Cons

My only other complaint is that sometimes profiles appear in searches claiming that they contain a specific mandatory keyword, when in fact upon opening the profile the keyword is nowhere to be found.

Josiah J.

A lot to learn can be frustrating at times as you are trying to do other searches.

Jere K.

The whole search criteria gets reset as you change region from Japan to Italy when looking out for similar resource, too becomes a pain point.

Shreya G.

4.6

What a great tool for sourcing

Overall, it is my go-to sourcing tool!

Pros

The power filters are a great feature, I even had the team create custom power filters for me which was a great thing to have done to assist with my daily searches. I use the messaging tool constantly for drip campaigns. The github search is awesome looking for devs

Cons

The AI sourcing can be improved with better matches

The Evolution of a Great Talent Sourcing Tool

I have used SeekOut as a tool to augment information about target talent audiences. SeekOut's ability to aggregate social data has been a game-changer. SeekOut Expert has been a valuable addition to its offering. SeekOut insights have been valuable in terms of visualizing information that illustrates trends that TA leadership values. Finally, SeekOut's ability to integrate with our CRM has been extremely valuable.

Pros

SeekOut is a product that has done their background research on what the talent acquisition marketplace needed. They listened and made the improvements the market requested. Now as the organization has evolved, SeekOut is not anticipating and leading in innovation in this key software segment. Specifically, what I like about SeekOut is the ability to aggregate data from Linkedin Public Profiles with other social sites like GitHub. I am particularly enjoying the SeekOut expert and other features that facilitate original research on target talent.

Cons

I am skeptical about the ability of AI-based on the limited information contained on a LinkedIn public profile to be robust enough to really make a positive impact. The beauty of AI is its ability to process big data and make recommendations based on parsing lots of information. Also, I find there are about 15-20% fewer people with public LinkedIn profiles that are found on LinkedIn's own platforms. Finding a way to add those missing profiles would be an added addition. Finally, increasing the number of home email addresses fro the target talent is an ongoing challenge. While improvements are made, this might be an area where AI can shine.

Great tool that speads up the identification of candidates!

Pros

I love the fact that you can source for candidates from multiple platforms / networks, manage projects, find contact details and create messaging campaigns on one unique tool. The diversity filter is great too. The insights are very helpful.

Cons

Unfortunately, messaging campaigns are independent from the projects so you have to manually update the statuses of your candidates when they respond. Xing.com and Viadeo.fr are not supported (FR and DE professional networks) It seems like Seekout finds less candidates than x-ray searching.

SeekOut Basic Review

SeekOut has provided our company with a great source of candidates and direct contact information and is a good tool for creating and maintaining talent pools. I've used it to support a client in their contract staffing needs (IT Consulting Co.) very well.

Pros

There are several features that the basic version has that we find very useful: - Filters for searches - Ability to exclude/include companies, titles, skills in searching - search down to the city area level - Being able to quickly create projects for searches - Finding contact information (personal emails, some ph #'s and even work emails) - The AI Recommendation of candidates once a project has been established. Great source of additional candidates possbilities.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with ATS's ... at least not at the basic user level. It does allow for CMS file creation but has a limited # of pre-mapped tables you can use with other tools (11 in total). This could definitely be improved. Also, direct integration would be an improvement where you could send candidates into your ATS directly without downloading. There seems to be a growing number of outdated profiles in the system. SeekOuts database needs to be updated more often.

Expensive but Unbeatable Search Capabilities

I'm very disappointed SeekOut increased its price by almost 200% and eliminated their monthly subscriptions. For almost every search, I rely on my custom boolean vs. using only their filters. Because I don't utilize all of SeekOut's features, we're still unsure if the price increase is worth it but will re-assess at the end of the year.

Pros

I really enjoy being able to use their pre-populated search features in addition to the custom advance search features. I'm able to narrow down candidates with very particular skills and experience with no problem. I also really enjoy that you can request contact info (not always available /accurate). It's super helpful that your search is automatically saved/attached to the project in which you added your search results, so you don't have to worry about where you left off!

Cons

Not much that I don't enjoy. They could improve by making it easier to navigate back and forth from the project and search page. It would help if they offered more project ranking options. Also, when using * in the keyword/boolean search, it would help if the results would show the corresponding keyword on the profile (just like the regular search feature).

Easy as 1...2...3

Overall, SeekOut has allowed me to be more strategic in my sourcing efforts and has improved my relationships with hiring managers.

Pros

SeekOut's sourcing solution is by far the best in the industry. On top of providing an exceptional product, they not only listen to my suggestions but actually implement them into the product!

Cons

I wish there was a male diversity filter similar to women.

Two years and counting

Overall experience is very positive.

Pros

It's extremely easy to search. Many, many search parameters to consider.

Cons

Not every email is accurate. I know it isn't possible to get all.

(Easy Product) AND (Great Support)

We are still getting used to all of the capabilities. Still tweaking the searches to match our needs. Overall, a very nice product.

Pros

Diving in and using this product has been very easy. It gives you more choices to make to narrow down the search. I like the ability of sharing with co-workers so they can review the profiles to see if they are a potential candidate for a particular position.

Cons

No guaranteed connection with a "profile". The contacts can be very outdated.

Return on Investment

Great product and value!

Pros

Seekout is an exceptional tool. It is a real time saver and versatile functionality. I reviewed several tools to simplify and streamline recruitment searches and messaging. For the money it is the best tool for the money. The messaging/campaign system is better than my ATS!

Cons

They are always working to improve functionality and contact finding has improved greatly in the last year.

Seekout as a Talent Intelligence Platform

Pros

My favorite use of Seekout is as a talent intelligence tool. My second favorite use is to help find/augment data from preexisting lists.

Cons

I wish data was refreshed on a more frequent basis. I also would like the ability to add more information for the system to match against when uploading data to projects. Along the same lines, from a UI perspective, when you upload data, I wish it would first go through the whole list, then ask you how you want to proceed with the questionable matches.

Need to work out some of the kinks ... but could be a great tool for some recruiters.

Overall good experience, not great, but I'm good (not great) with Boolean searches. I was testing another AI product alongside, and found it easier to find candidates with the other product. The other product really has a good AI/machine learning feature, while SeekOut requires you to use more Boolean-driven search features. If you're comfortable with Boolean, then then you'll be fine using SeekOut. Finally, I think the ability to use SeekOut to effectively search through Github for IT recruiting is a really powerful offering from SeekOut, and could be a game changer. I didn't do this, but my friends who do way more IT recruiting than I do say SeekOut is their tool of choice because of this feature.

Pros

Email campaign features are great. I liked that once you set up an email campaign, it was easy to add candidates to the project and the campaign. I liked that there is an analytics dashboard for each specific campaign. I liked that that emailing through SeekOut integrates with your email, so you don't have to be on SeekOut to respond. I like that you can look at the various emails attached to a candidate and determine which the most valid one to use in your campaign. Finally, outstanding customer service.

Cons

Email campaign features need improvement. It's not intuitive to set up the campaign. Once you set it up, it works easily, but getting there may require help from customer service. The analytics related to the campaign aren't consistent or accurate. You will see which emails bounced in the first 24 hours, but then the "bounced" tag reverts to "opened," which skews your data and doesn't allow you to follow up with those candidates via another email or a call if you don't catch it right away. Also, if the email bounces, and there are other emails attached to the candidate, SeekOut doesn't automatically email the candidate at one of those other addresses. You have to do it manually.

Has some great features, but needs a bit of tweeking

Recruiting tech talent requires as much personalization as one can get on the candidates you are recruiting. SeekOut gives intel on the candidates' LinkedIN profiles and their GitHub repos, which are both a great resource when emailing or even calling these individuals.

Pros

I love that it incorporates GitHub and LinkedIn features.

Cons

I dislike that the signatures that you can make for yourself seem a little sloppy. I also dislike that I am required to create a new signature for each messaging campaign. Oftentimes I will do a search and then continue to add profiles to projects. If I've already sent individuals to a campaign and I want to add new ones, I need to create a whole new campaign so that the original candidates don't...

My SeekOut comparison with others

Great. The platform is easy to use and the Chrome extension is good too.

Pros

SeekOut functionality and UI were better than others I demonstrated. Also, SeekOut's outreach messaging automation is pretty good too.

Cons

SeekOut is a little bit more expensive than others and they limit their contact credits with no rollover.

User friendly with great customized search results and real time market analytics

We are trying to solve the business problem of hiring diverse talent in the market and Seekout does a great job of helping us to identify the right candidates. They don't just do that by showing us who is diverse, but they do it by allowing us access to analytics based on search criteria enabling us to work with our hiring teams to make business decisions that help us achieve these goals...

Pros

I felt the greatest features were certainly the ability to narrow down searches based on diversity criteria, the search capability and ability to pull personal contact info (including email and phone), and the ability to export that data into a CSV and drop it into our existing ATS (Beamery) with ease (little to no modifications). That being said, the most impactful feature is the People Analytics button. I loved this feature because it gives us the opportunity to share real-time candidate market info with our hiring managers helping make educated decisions on hiring. Especially when considering diversity, remote work hiring decisions, location of hire, etc... Loved this feature!

Cons

Thus far I have nothing negative to really write about the product that the customer success team has not been able to identify and fix. We have addressed a few minor issues but they were remedied quickly. Very happy to date...

Seekout Review

We are generally very happy with Seekout with the exception of occasional profiles being outdated.

Pros

We really love the diversity filter and the power filters. Very user friendly and easy to use. Team very much enjoys using seekout.

Cons

There are many profiles that are outdated or not up to date in seekout. Many people are no longer with the companies and do not match their Linkedin profiles. ALso, for some reason if you are doing a search in a geographic area such as NYC you get people from San Fran or other places. Not sure why that happens.

Great

Pros

SeekOut's filters allow you to hone in on the talent you're looking for a lot quicker than normal. It provides a way for us to filter FOR diversity which then gives our team a leg up balancing their pipeline of candidates. Another aspect of SeekOut that I love is that we are able to do a lite market map of candidates using the filters that are in place - that can be shared with people who don't have access to Seekout like leaders.

Cons

When looking at the insights for projects made up of candidates in other continents - you aren't able to get a global breakdown of diversity (ie % of females are in this project). I think the product is still growing internationally so I can't wait until it's as robust as the candidates based in the USA. In some cases, the profiles are either not updated with a candidate's latest move (within 6 months) or clicking on their Linkedin profile leads to a broken link. That's likely because the person has changed the URL in their Linkedin since the last time Seekout updated their database.

SeekOut review 03.24.2020

SeekOut is a tool that I am happy my company uses

Pros

Diversity filter. Finding emails. Market insights.

Cons

Not integrated with applicant tracking system/customer relationship manager. Only has public profiles on LinkedIn and not all profiles. Life sciences features need to evolve for biotech industry. Does not have collaboration features to show work of other users at my company.

User Review

Pros

The search functions are pretty versatile and accuracy is good; also the Chrome extension is very helpful.

Cons

The search functions target sites/apps that are oriented more towards software engineers; we recruit in hardware so we don't have much use for them. We can only really leverage LinkedIN with it.

Relatively New SeekOut User Experience

I am not a manager or an executive. I am very much a tactical recruiter and it has been quite easy to incorporate SeekOut in my daily recruiting process. Additionally, the SeekOut team is accessible and friendly. I can call or I can email anytime. I get responses back quickly/usually within same day. When I started using SeekOut, the manager I worked with did as much training as I needed and answered all of my annoying questions. Some organizations are too big to be able to provide that kind of customer dedication now

Pros

I don't think there is just one aspect that I appreciate most about SeekOut which is why I like it and why it has become a "go-to" tool in my recruiting portfolio. It provides me with options. SeekOut is one source that has a lot of sources in one and it is highly user-friendly. It also automates and therefore reduces a lot of the time I spend "meta-sourcing" meaning activities like searching for contact information for a prospect or candidate's profile.

Cons

Right now, I use the first two tabs the most. I think that 3rd tab has a lot of potential and would love to see that somehow become a more robust component within SeekOut. I would like the additional option of the SeekOut Robot to not only be tied to Project folders in order to use it. I like to do targeted and general searches and feel like SeekOut Robot is better suited for targeted or more specialized searches.

The one and only SeekOut!

I have been able to find very unique skill sets that are untouched by our 3,500+ recruiting team due to the deep searching SeekOut performs. Also, I have been able to influence business decisions by utilizing SeekOut's "Insights" feature. Hiring managers are able to see a live pulse on the market through this wonderful tool.

Pros

The very enriched profiles are amazing. But, the best feature for a Technical Sourcer like myself is the GitHub search features. I've had countless hires from using SeekOut's very quick, detailed and efficient GitHub searching.

Cons

I would like to see a Boolean builder. Similar to that of HireTual has in the "toolbox" tab.

SeekOut - Top Choice for Recruiting Platform

SeekOut provides a creative, more efficient way to source candidates, reach out directly to candidates, as well as keep connected with those candidates via campaigns.

Pros

SeekOut is my top choice for a Recruiting Platform because of numerous reasons: - The ability to source diversity candidates (ie: women and HBCU alumni) - The ability to create message campaigns to email directly through SeekOut and have it interconnected with your inbox, as well as the analytics of these message campaigns. - The ability to find direct contact information of candidates (both email and more recently, phone numbers) to increase your chances of connecting with candidates.

Cons

None that I can think of off the top of my head.

Great Sourcing Software

Overall, Seekout has provided a great alternate way to source candidates and I now depend on it daily for finding candidate contact information.

Pros

I love that I can easily track down contact information as I source. This saves my team a lot of time when it comes to outreach, and it limits the number of LinkedIn inmails we have to use. Seekout also has great advanced boolean options that allow me to do more complex searches. Lately, I've been taking advantage of the Github search feature which makes it really easy to find candidate for technical roles.

Cons

I don't like that there's a lag between Seekout and LinkedIn, so some of the information can be out of date. Also, while the email finding feature is great, it is not always accurate. I think Seekout's algorithms are improving, so this could become less of an issue as time goes on.

SeekOut-NextGEN Recruiting Platform

Experience has been outstanding.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive design and functionality, filter options, interface, reporting and campaign outreach abilities. Email/contact information research function. Unparalleled Support (often immediate response and a genuine interest in getting things fixed, interest from SO in the user experience and how they can improve platform)

Cons

No real CONS/roadblocks come to mind.

One of my most valuable Recruiting Tools

I like Seek out. I find it to be one of my most valuable tools for Recruiting aside from my company's database.

Pros

I like seekout because it is visually easy to read quickly and understand. As a Recruiter, my time is very valuable and it's extremely valuable to me that I can quickly glance over the little mini "summaries" of each profile I am looking at to get an idea of what that professional does. I like that you can click right on it and it takes you right to their profile.

Cons

I think if there was a way to more easily look for similar professionals who work for a company competitor that would be helpful. Sometimes it is difficult to find professionals in a certain organization if the organization's name can be spelled different ways or is difficult to spell

This tool saves sourcing time!

A lot to appreciate. Pleas focus on accuracy, integrity than adding new function.

Pros

Identifying candidates from underrepresented group. Creating a report on the search I run.

Cons

Diversity filtering is not 100% accurate. (ex. male candidates in female search result, Asian shown on African American target search, etc. some simbols creates error on boolean search. (Ex. A/B testing) Please add period setting for 'shrink profile you already view' (viewed within last 3 months, 6 months, from thid search, etc)