SignUpGenius Logo

SignUpGenius

Volunteer management & event planning made simple.

SignUpGenius Reviews

User ratings

4.6

1.7K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.87/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

SignUp Genius is incredibly easy to use and so effective. Even the free version is incredibly powerful and seamless to integrate.
SignUpGenius has been great for helping us schedule things such as performance reviews and interviews so that they can pick the time slots that work best for them.
SignUpGenius is a phenomenal tool with countless uses. The free version is excellent in and of itself but the premium version offers great options and is very affordable too.
It's not that there's anything wrong, or missing from this software, but more that it's not exactly an essential, or needed tool.
The ad-supported version is a bit dated-looking--the templates are all fairly "blah" with an aesthetic highly reminiscent of the 2000s (poor spacing, minimal attention to design).
Sometimes this program is difficult to use and navigate. It is a bit confusing until you understand how it works.

SignUpGenius users...

Doodle-logocaret

Doodle

Microsoft Excel-logocaret

Microsoft Excel

How would you rate SignUpGenius?

1,742 reviews

Ryan E.

Assistant Professor of Instruction

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Useful free features, dated aesthetic, quirky interface

Transcript

Ryan E: Hi, my name is Ryan. I'm an assistant professor, and I rated SignUpGenius four stars. For more...

Use for Soccer Volunteer Management

Transcript

Craig F: Hi, my name is Craig I'm president of the company. I give SignUpGenius five out of five stars....

A quick and easy signups -- truly genius!

This software is great for organizing groups. It ensures that your events are staffed with volunteers and that you will not spend hours wrangling confirmations from your volunteers. At each event, it is always clear who is to do what. This helps keep all the feather unruffled. Recommended.

Pros

I often use this software for volunteer management for my church and a non-profit arts group that I support This software takes zero knowledge to use effectively. Every part of creating a sign-up for an event is intuitive. This makes planning a snap. It even helps me plan better events by listing out specific tasks for my volunteers.

Cons

I don't like the fact that you must add new tasks to the sign-up sheet in groups of five. I wish that it were possible to just add and delete at will.

Hi Molly, We are happy to hear how SignUpGenius is helpful for your sign up needs. In Step 4: Slots, you can add a single slot or up to five slots at one time. If you need more than 5 slots, you can select the option to add more slots and you will be returned to Step 4. You can also edit a sign up at any time after the sign up has been published. So if you need to delete one or more slots, simply return to Step 4 and delete/edit slots as needed. If you have questions about slots, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team by emailing support@signupgenius.com. We will be happy to help!

Outstanding tool for scheduling meetings

It has been an outstanding tool for scheduling. I highly recommend it to all professionals for the purpose of scheduling meetings.

Pros

This software has revolutionized my ability to schedule one on one meetings with students. Before using the product, I had to email students one by one to give them some options of available times to meet for one on one meetings; then, I would have to wait for each particular student to respond before offering those same time options to the next student in order to avoid conflicts and being double booked. Now using sign up genius, I can display all my available times to all students and they can sign up for a time to meet with me on a first come first serve basis. Using SignUpGenius decreased the time spent in communication for scheduling 100-fold.

Cons

There are sometimes ads shown within the sign up that can make it appear that the list is done. This can sometimes affect students knowing they should continue to scroll for more time options.

Hi Sharon, Thank you so much for your kind review! I'm glad we were able to help you organize your student meetings and save you time! It may help you to know that you can remove the ads on your sign up pages with one of our paid subscriptions. If you have any questions about features or subscription levels, please email us at: support@signupgenius.com

NOT IMPRESSED

Pros

Seems to be ok at first but problems then surface.

Cons

1. Once you accept the invitation it shows on your calendar FOUR TIMES. 2. If the event turns out to end earlier or later you cannot edit on your calendar. 3. If the event has been changed by the organizer, the participants do not always get notification NOR can they remove it manually if they weren't able to attend 4. The support person twice sent instructions to fix but they did not work.

Hi Kathy, I apologize you have had issues adding the items you sign up for to your personal calendar. Items signed up for should not repeat on your calendar. Be sure you have not subscribed to the calendar sync feature multiple times. The site is designed for flexibility. The sign up creator has the option to change dates/times on their sign up and send notifications or not. You can log in to...

Don't know what we'd do without it!

Overall experience with SignUp Genius is excellent, I would definitely recommend it.

Pros

SignUp Genius makes it very easy for volunteers to manage volunteers, and for supervisors to see what is going oin with their efforts. As noted before it is very concrete, and allows people to sign up for specific jobs - which is usually what volunteers want to do. It is easy to sign up, and you can make changes if needed. The reminders are super important. Basically, SignUp Genius does exactly what you need it to do. Thank you!

Cons

Last I remember using it, it was a little cumbersome to change the order of things appearing in a sign up. Maybe this has been fixed. Let's say, forwhatever reason, you had to add something you forgot to the middle of your list. So you type it it, and then you have to retype half of what you already entered, and then go back and delete the original entry of what you just retyped, in order to get your new item in the right place. The ability to dag items / functions would be better. Also, the graphics are less than stellar (?) make it easier to input your own graphics?

Hi Jenny, Thank you for your kind review! We do offer a feature that allows you to drag and drop slots in the order that you want them to appear. You can also add custom images to your sign up page. These features are available with a free account. Paid subscribers can further customize their themes with larger images and the ability to change the colors to match a custom image. If you have questions, please email us at support@signupgenius.com We are happy to help you!

Booking

I like using this and I like when others use it to basically see how many people will attend class. I have not had any issues with the software.

Pros

I work at a gym where we have group classes. We have 4 different classes and we use SingUpGenius to have clients sign up for classes. It’s important for us to know how many people sign up in order to get the class ready for that amount of people.

Cons

I think it’s easy to use. You sign up and put your name and if you want to bring guests.

Helped Make My Job A Whole Lot Easier.

Pros

This program was so user friendly and easy to navigate. I was able to input times that would work best with my schedule and it was easy for my clients to choose the appropriate time that would work with their schedule to meet with me.

Cons

The only negative would be there was one instance where two clients signed up for the same time. I am not sure if it was a glitch or not but I did have to reschedule one of the clients.

Hi Stacy, Thank you for your kind review! If you have questions about a specific sign up page, please contact our support team. We are happy to review your personal page to see what happened in this specific instance. You can email us at: support@signupgenius.com

Overall good and easy

We use it often with our organization and its user friendly to sign up for dates and times that you like with no problems at all.

Pros

We receive an email when there are new events to volunteer for and its so easy to look at the dates and times available to sign up for what you want.

Cons

The spam emails I get are more often than I would like promoting the product we already use.

Hi Niki, Thank you for your kind review! It may help you to know that anyone can unsubscribe from our newsletters. This can be done inside your account, or by clicking the unsubscribe option at the bottom of the email message. You can also contact our support team and request to unsubscribe from promotional information. Please email us at support@signupgenius.com with any questions. We are happy to help you!

SignUpGenius Ideal for group and individual events

Best used with schools and scheduling meeting and group events.

Pros

Easy to find open time slots, you can say sign up multiple children with one or more teachers for meeting and easy to edit.

Cons

I am not sure there is a feature to send a note with your selected time slot, or donation scheduled.

Hi Carol, Thank you for your review! It may help you to know that participants can send an email to the creator through the sign up page. Creators can send messages from their account to participants who are signed up for specific slots. If you have any questions about these features, please email our support team at: support@signupgenius.com We are happy to help you!

My go-to volunteer management platform

Pros

SignUpGenius makes it extremely easy to simple to get volunteers to signup for roles that they want to be in. By providing different roles and time slots, it makes it easy to get volunteers signed up, connected with the organizers, and provide information about their shift.

Cons

From my experience, the ads could be annoying on the site and make it difficult to navigate. While the paid options do remove ads, the free tier can have many of them.

Hello! Thank you for taking the time submit a review of our site. I'm so glad to know that we are able to help you organize your volunteers! As you mentioned, we do offer the option to remove ads from sign up pages. It may help you to know that ads can be removed from three sign up pages for just $11.99 per month and you can stop your subscription at any time. If you have questions, our support team would love to help you. You can email our support team at support@signupgenius.com

SIgnUpGenius leaves no stone unturned

I have used it from an administrative position in the sense I have set it up and I have also donated through it and I really like it.

Pros

It eliminates having to call, email or text people to put together a sign up schedule. You can state exactly what you need and monitor what is being donated, what is still needed & it can be edited as well.

Cons

Some less than tech savy people might have a hard time because they need an email, computer but this is MINOR!

Flexible tool, recent update was a set back.

When looking for a powerful and flexible tool for managing signups for a small organization, there is no competitor out there that beats SignUpGenius. We have used other tools and tried ones that offered the moon but failed to deliver. SUG has been capable at its core competency and allowed us to drive and find ways to use it more fully and successfully. Reliable compared to other systems, it does take some time to learn if you truly want to be an expert at it - as does any system, but it is worth the time spent.

Pros

We use SUG for such a variety of volunteer and meeting/appointment management we have probably explored most of the features to their fullest. The flexibility to adapt the various types of signups used for different types of opportunities and extending the signups using forms and notifications is powerful. The service can handle a pretty heavy load as we've pounded it with over a hundred signups in under five minutes for things like Parent-Teacher Conferences.

Cons

The few types of signups you have available are powerful but not necessarily intuitive and you have to think about how you want the signup to look like and how the signup will flow for the user, leading to some trial and error when you first begin. The requirement for time slots to have a start and end time, makes it tricky to use for items that are just at a particular time, like dropping off items...

Thank you for your thoughtful review. If you ever need advice or assistance when creating your sign up, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team. They will be happy to offer suggestions as you get started. You can contact the team here: https://www.signupgenius.com/support Thank you for using SignUpGenius!

Very good, but...

Pros

Easy to use, customer friendly, ability to send mass communications

Cons

Cannot delete users from a signup. For me, this is a major design flaw. As a business, I don't understand why signup genius does not have a functionality for deleting users' access to signups. Even though there is a delete function, it is misleading in that users still have the ability to access signups even when they are supposedly "deleted" by accessing through their initial e-mail invite. Customer...

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. To clarify, you can delete participants from a sign up. You can also remove participants from your groups so that they do not receive future invites associated with your sign ups/account. However, once you take the action to send an invite to a group member, there isn't a way to recall that invite that has already been sent. If the invite is sent to that group member's email account, the only way to delete that invite would be to delete the email from their account. Since SignUpGenius does not have access to the person's email account, there isn't a way to delete the access to the sign up from the invite they received, unless the sign up is deleted. We apologize for the frustration this issue caused for you.

Great Program for Schools

SignUp Genius has been a tremendous asset for our school. We use it both for school events and for our parent organization, and it has been a great resource for coordinating volunteers and planning events. Some examples have included scheduling regular volunteers for single events, coordinating larger events (ex: Oktoberfest) which require a large number of volunteers serving in different capacities at different times, and allowing parents to sign up for parent teacher conference time slots. We've been very pleased that this has been a time saver for our school.

Pros

SignUp Genius is a must-have for schools. Multiple design options allow us to customize sign-ups for a wide variety of events - from Parent- Teacher conferences, to coordinating parent volunteers, to planning community events. Flexible scheduling variables allow for a broad range of events - from volunteers at a single event, to on-going events. Easy to use and adapt to each unique event. This also allows you to easily copy or duplicate a past event, which is very helpful with events that happen monthly or yearly.

Cons

It would be helpful if there was an easy way within the platform for volunteers to access multiple sign-ups that we have created at one time. We currently have to collect individual signup links and share them- but it would be useful to have a landing page for our organization where we could collect multiple events in one easy place.

PTA parents have the answer - take it from them and get this

Easy for organizers and volunteers, it sends automatic reminders and lets people choose their own roles. Wouldn't run an event without it.

Pros

You know who has cracked the code for volunteer sign up? The pros, the ones who live in the trenches of bringing people together to get stuff done - I'm talking about parents and teachers of young children. The PTA president, the room parent- the poor soul who got stuck organizing the spring auction again this year. Use their knowledge and get this great freemium tool that is really easy for volunteers...

Cons

I wish I could email everyone that signed up since my last email for a volunteer sheet that is open for longer than a few days.

Thank you for your kind review, Kristina! We love hearing how SignUpGenius helps you manage volunteers. You can email sign up participants any time up to 30 days after your event has ended. To do this, go to "Messages" on the left side of your Sign Ups page and click"Compose". Choose: Email people participating in a sign up. Click the white button to select the sign up from the drop-down list of sign ups. Click 'Ok' Select the white Select People button and choose to send the email to those who have signed up. Enter the text of your email, click "Preview and Send" and send your message. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team: http://www.signupgenius.com/help

Few signup platforms are as good as SignUpGenius

I love SignupGenius. It is intuitive and easy to use. The platform is always updating and adding new themes to utilize. The price for a premium account is exceptional and the implementations are exactly what we need. The free version offers all the basic uses and the premium paid for account allows users to create sheets without ads. I highly recommend taking a look at this platform.

Pros

Operating a crisis text line it is imperative to find a way to schedule volunteers to operate the line during specific time frames. We looked high and low at several different scheduling platforms that would allow volunteers to sign up for the shifts that they are available for. Signup Genius had everything that we were looking for and with its intuitive and easy to use interface we were able to create a signup sheet for each month with the time slots needed to be filled. Another huge and unforeseen implementation was the fact that volunteers do not need to apply or register on the site to sign up.

Cons

Honestly I have yet to find anything that I dislike about the product. It does exactly what it says that it does. There are more positives for the product than there are negatives. Off the top of my head I cannot think of anything negative or things that I like least about the software. In the three plus years that we have been utilizing the platform it has performed amazing for us.

Easy to Use and have other participate!

Overall, my experience with SignUpGenius has been great! I am a user for both my personal life and for work, and I think that it is a great resource that is customizable to fit several social and work environments. It is my go-to tool if you're wanting several parties to participate and list or "sign up" for something. It keeps all items together and organized for you so you can quickly determine what is still needed. Recommended, for sure! I would be surprised if you HAVEN'T seen this is your social or work circle yet.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is how easy it is to plan a company Potluck, or School Party Day, or Church Small Groups Meeting. Everyone who is sent a link can easily access the event and determine how they would like to participate. For example, for a Company Potluck you have the option of setting up specific foods or non specific foods, how many of each is needed, or schedule time slots....

Cons

I have not run into any situations that I did not particularly like with this software, if I'm being honest. I think it gets the job done perfectly fine. I have not tried messing with maybe going OVER the number of items requested. For example if 30 tissue boxes are needed for a classroom and several participants have committed to bringing 30 tissue boxes, I wonder if someone tried to add an additional 5 boxes, if it would give them a hard time. Not sure if this would be a situation anyone would run into, but just a thought. Again, I have not run into any issues, thankfully!

Thanks so much for your review, Suzana. We love hearing how the site has been helpful. I wanted to confirm that the sign up will not let a participant enter a quantity greater than the slot allows. Thanks for using SignUpGenius!

Popular But Difficult to Customize

Creating a SignUp Genius form can be very annoying and difficult. However, once it has been created, it will do what you want it to. Once the forms have been made, they were easy to send out, it was easy for me to see and access responses and so on. I don't know of a better alternative for SignUp Genius at this point in time, but I hope that they can make some changes because something easier to use will come along soon if not.

Pros

I would want to use Google Forms for something like this, but there is currently not a good feature for you to sign up for something and then that slot to be filled or removed from a list. Signup Genius does fill in that role. As someone viewing a form, it is very easy to see what slots are available, and it is easy to change, edit or swap what you may have originally signed up for. It's also easy to go back and reference your sign up in case you forgot.

Cons

Signup Genius offers a great amount of customization to its forms. I'd be on the verge of saying it offers too much customization. I have made forms in the past, and no matter how hard I tried, could not get a new form to look like one I made previously. It can be very difficult and tedious to get the form to look how you want it to, even when you know it's a possibility because you've done it before. Making a simple form is easy, but I feel like once you want to start branching out, the level of user friendliness drops dramatically.

Hi there, thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you were able to set up your sign ups and they functioned well for your group. Our support team would love to help you with specific format setup if you run into any questions in the future. You always have access to insider tips when you reach out: http://www.signupgenius.com/help

Good and much needed product

Excellent experience - happy to use and recommend to others

Pros

While there are man signup and event booking forms in the market, one would struggle to find something easy to configure, design and have it deployed quickly to users for signup. If one is looking for a free service - most are limited to using google forms which does the job but is not versatile Signup genius has a generous free plan tier and is easy to setup. Jotform is it's only near competitor

Cons

- Generous free plan - Designing forms and creating event booking pages is easy - Allows payment to be taken up - reminder service

Easy to use and convenient for group participation

It is solving business problems like knowing who and what tasks are assigned to individuals when we are seeking volunteers for programs and events.

Pros

I liked that you can create categories for others to sign up and you can see where you signed up, in case yo forgot what you signed up for.

Cons

It wasn't the software, but some users do not know how to create categories so it makes it difficult for individuals to sign up for various tasks, Perhaps, examples of how people can use it might be helpful to those that are building sign up tasks.

SignUp Genius is Perfect for all Event Planning.

SignUp Genius has made planning our events and organizing our volunteers so easy. We are able to get the volunteers needed as well as any supplies needed more efficiently. I like that the event details as well as the volunteer information is all in one place, easy for me to see and easy for our clients to see and respond. I am able to track every aspect of my event very easily and communicate with everyone on multiple platforms. I feel my event attendance has gone up since using this software and my clients appreciate how easy it is to use. I highly recommend using this for your sign up needs.

Pros

I like how easy it is to plan events while at the same time filling volunteer positions or needed items all in one place that is easily accessible.

Cons

It would be nice to have more integration with other contact platforms to be able to import more information.

The Ultimate Organization Tool

Connecting with families has never been more difficult and this tool optimizes everyone's time by being efficient and reducing the amount of time that we need to send and collect information.

Pros

For a long time, our program not only struggled to get volunteers for events, but struggled to reach the volunteers to give them information about an event. We tried manually e-mailed, paper sign up copies, giant bulletin boards in the hallway, and it seemed as though we always missed people. It also left a lot of leg work for us. Enter SignUpGenius! The best part about the website is that its EASY...

Cons

There is very little that I dislike about SignUpGenius and most of it is just more annoying than anything. While SignUpGenius is free for users, they do have a "Pro" edition that you can choose to pay for. This includes photos to use for your event posting or specific additional features. If you click on them accidentally, it will prompt you to sign up for the Pro edition. Not a big deal, just a nuisance, and sometimes its uncertain as to why these are paid features.

Excellent for Organization and Recognizable by Many

Overall, I am grateful for the ability to use SignUpGenius to organize contributions, coordinate schedules, remind participants of their agreements and responsibilities, and take most of the pain out of herding cats, or fulfilling the many roles outside of a classroom that a teacher has.

Pros

I first used SignUpGenius as a PTA president when my children were young. We discovered the site and implemented it for volunteer sign up at various events. At first, many were reluctant to try something new, but as they used it, they realized how convenient it truly is. Over the next few years, organizations rolled it out more and more, and now I regularly receive invitations to participate in projects...

Cons

I feel like at some point the software became very ad-heavy, and that makes it unusable for participants. It's necessary to keep providing the service at free or low cost, but it can be nervewracking wondering if the next announcement aligns with district policies. Other than disabling ads for educators, I'm not sure how that could be worked out and still be reasonable for the company.

I use it for all my events!

Overall, this has been a great way to manage my events from trainings to pot lucks!

Pros

As a training manager, I'm constantly advertising new events and having to track sign ups and attendance for each of them - which is where SignUp Genius really comes in handy. I have used both a paid for version and the free version of SignUp Genius, both have done exactly what I've needed them to do and I choose to continue to use it over other sign up software. I love that I can create a simple sign...

Cons

This has become common use at our institution, but when it was just rolling out, we started using the function of sending out emails through SignUp Genius and they often had sign ups go to junk mail or with a warning of an unrecognized sender. That was an issue, however, we now send the emails ourselves and just include the link to the sign up and that works best for us.

Simple organizational tool to manage people & stuff!

We've started using sign up genius for almost all of our volunteer events, staff events and community collections/drives. It makes it so easy to know what still needs to be collected or staffed. I love that it automatically sends reminders to people about what commitments they have made so that I don't have to manually send those any longer. Generally, its very easy to use and super friendly for the end user.

Pros

I love how simple this is for an administrator but also the end user. I've never had anyone say they couldn't figure out how/what to do. I also appreciate that the users can alter their own sign ups for the items or people they are committing to an event. Plus being able to copy events or sign ups over from year to year makes the planning & implementation process quick.

Cons

I think that the ads and the limited themes are understandable but annoying. Also, there are some set up limitations that can make more complex events cumbersome to set up. Plus if you have to make changes once you go-live, it can be prohibitive.

Quick and Easy to Setup

Pros

SignUpGenius is fairly straight forward sign up website. I use it on a regular basis to create sign up pages for various classes that my company hosts. They have tons of themes and templates that you can use to customize your sign up page to fit your needs. It's comprehensive on set up as well as sign up for class attendees, the website doesn't ask for more information than name and email. They also do not require attendees to create an account to sign up which makes it easy for our company to use and keep track of class sign ups. The best part is that you can use the software for free so that's definitely a plus for me!

Cons

The interface isn't the easiest and most comprehensible to use on the set up side. The organization of older sign up pages is really messy and there doesn't seem to be an order to it. You would think that they'd be in order from newest to oldest, but it isn't. Plus, it doesn't seem to have an option to delete posts after so many years which would be nice. However, we use the free version of this software so considering that we aren't paying for this these are very small issues.

Hi there, It may be helpful to know that you can manage how your created sign ups display in your account. Go to the far right of the created sign ups are, where you will notice a Gear icon. From that icon, a list of drop-down options will be available to you to show past sign ups or unpublished sign ups. You can also choose to show sign ups in ascending or descending order. To delete a sign up you created, locate the sign up in your Created sign ups area. Click the ellipsis icon (...) to the right of the sign up. You will see an option to delete the sign up. If you choose this option the next screen will confirm the deletion of your sign up. I hope these tips help you manage your account better.