TimeWorksPlus Reviews

TimeWorksPlus

Time and attendance tracking for on-site and remote teams

4.48/5 (27 reviews)

Pros
  • I love the ability for our employees to clock in and out in the field on their phones.Theresa K.Read the full review
  • The presentation on the screen is organized, clean looking, and there is definitely an ease of use to it--once you know what you're doing.Sarah M.Read the full review
  • TimeWorksExpress is helping business to reliably track employee work hours.Michael D.Read the full review
Cons
  • Implementation has come with its struggles as we are not sure if the problems are with Accounting CS or SwipeClock.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • The Software operators have to pay attention towards this flaw and should fix that.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • I made a few errors the first few times using this software.Michael D.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Jeffrey Wright

Very efficient

Reviewed 2018-02-22

Saves me lots of time on payroll hours entry.

Pros
It's very comprehensive and can pretty much do anything that you would want it to do. Also, with the new updates it has a very clean interface. Also, integrates well with my payroll software.

Cons
Customizing the preferences and some of the features can be pretty time consuming and aren't always the easiest to figure out.

Response from SwipeClock

Jeffery - Thank you for your nice review. We have been spending a lot of resources, including purchasing Shugo Hub, to continue improving the employee and supervisor interface. There are more improvements coming. Please check out our product pages at https://www3.swipeclock.com/products/workforcehub/

Theresa Karasek

TimeWorks

Reviewed 2020-03-31

With hourly employees clocking in and out of different projects all day while out in the field, a mobile timecard solution is a necessity. No timekeeping solution is perfect, but TimeWorks does very well for us. Employees can choose what department to clock into, submit time off requests, and review their entire timecard. Fixing errors on the administrator end could not be easier. I love the option to make Employee Groups, making the preparation of departmental reports very quick and easy.

Pros
As the administrator, I love how easy it is to review and modify employees' timecards, either by reviewing all punches for the day in a single screen or by looking at the entire pay period by employee.

Cons
The reports are still a little lacking - when preparing detail reports by department, the department name gets cut off, meaning that I have to manually find/replace each one before sending to managers for approval. There seems to be no way to fix this.

Sarah Mandel

This time keeper is time consuming.

Reviewed 2018-11-16

Its sub par and somewhat arcaic .

Pros

Cons
All it does it store punch times. I wish I could tell the program a little more about that staff member so that it could run reports for me based on the information it has. I find myself using excel spreadsheets and compiling my own data which is something I think that a time keeping system should be able to do.

Response from SwipeClock

I think we can do better. Our product is usually getting the opposite response. We get told it has way to many bells and whistles. When your software does 1,500 different functions we usually need to help the client narrow it down to the most important goals they are trying to accomplish with the product. The strength to the software is that it can be so customized that it adds functionality to your payroll software that it can't do. We can help you get this working the way you need to. Please reach out so we can address this with you. We also just improved and updated the user interface, employee portal, and mobile app. I believe we can improve your experience. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

A HUGE fan

Reviewed 2018-12-12

Our firm started using SwipeClock about 2 years ago as a reseller. We now use it for our main front end for all of our payrolls and are switching over existing clients to it.

Pros
The software is cloud based, which makes it very portable. The NEW mobile app and employee portals are an outstanding improvement. The versatility on the back end is awesome as well.

Cons
Since the updates to the mobile app and employee portal there isn't anything I can think of to complain about.

Response from SwipeClock

Thank you for the kind review. We listened to our resellers and clients and made big investments in improving the user experience and updated the look and function for the mobile ap and employee portal. We are not stopping, 2019 will hold many more improvements and integrations.

Anne Marie Galfo

A+ Customer Service and user friendly system.

Reviewed 2018-02-26

Would recommend to anyone looking for a time keeping system.

Pros
It's easy to use and if there is an issue customer support is quick to respond. Like that they have different programs to choose from that allows us to better support our clients.

Response from SwipeClock

Anne Marie - Thank you for being a valuable partner of SwipeClock. We love to help add value to your offering. We have experienced over the sixteen years of supporting partners, that Payroll Service companies that use SwipeClock Time and Attendance increase their payroll client longevity from 2 1/2 years to over 5 years. That's value!

Theresa Karasek

TimeWorks

Reviewed 2019-09-01

Pros
I love the ability for our employees to clock in and out in the field on their phones. The ability to slect which department to clock in and out of is vital and makes it easy to track time spent on each project.

Cons
The interface is less than intuitive, and it would be incredibly useful if employees could review their timesheets with department information on the app. As it is, they have to sign on to the website in order to review their timesheets for any errors.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Kevin Joseph

Awesome! progressive and just a relief.

Reviewed 2018-02-22

Time is money and Swipeclock has definitely reduced our time of dealing with hours for employees we can focus on getting other financial things done. Its almost as we can now afford a new person.

Pros
I love the how easy it is to make supervisors see their staff that they are in charge of. I absolutely love how it works with our HR platform which is BambooHR and they seamlessly talk to each other to pull out PTO and employee information so there is no double entry. The app is incredibly simple for staff so the learning curve is not wide at all.

Cons
I wish there was a API for our payroll company (ADP). So we have to download hours as a csv file then upload to ADP. Still no where as bad as what we were doing before, but I wish we didnt have to.

Response from SwipeClock

Kevin - Thank you for the kind review. So glad to hear you're using it with BambooHR. ADP will most likely never build an API with us because they consider us competitors, but hey, thanks for helping to spread the word that it's a great alternative to their time and attendance solution. Please make sure to subscribe to our blog for other great announcements and helpful advice. https://www3.swipeclock.com/blog/

Jessica Kastner

Great time tracking

Reviewed 2018-02-23

Pros
This software is very easy to use. Reports are great for payroll and the customer service is great! I highly recommend swipeclock.

Cons
The only additional thing would be to have an app for cell phones.

Response from SwipeClock

Jessica - Great review. Thank you! I have some awesome news for you. We have an AP! we offer one for both Android and Apple. Also many people prefer to use our Intelligent Clock by accessing it from your browser and book marking it. Any way you want it we have it. :)

Jammie Hedrick

Easiest way to track time

Reviewed 2019-09-26

Overall the experience is a good system and I enjoy using it.

Pros
I really like this system and how easy it is to use. It's a simple system that provides you with an easy way to clock in and out and you can also see time off accrued.

Cons
I dont think that there is any thing I dont like about this system except that a manager has to I put the time off that you have earned and it should be automatically.

David Chatelain

We have used this software for about 9 months and it has improved our efficiency with payroll

Reviewed 2018-02-26

Pros
The service techs like the idea of time in and out from cell phone. Office staff finds it easy to perform weekly payroll

Cons
no complaints

Response from SwipeClock

David - Awesome review! We'd love to hear from other service companies like yours. Send your friends our way. Stay up on the latest with our blog.

David Wright

It is very easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-04-05

Pros
We use the report to do job costing and with swipe clock it is very simple and easy. I would definitely recommend it.

Cons
I don't like that you can enter just any number for a job code, so sometimes people don't enter the right job number.

Response from SwipeClock

Thanks for the great review and comments. Some of our clients use our advance scheduling product, Time Simplicity, with our TimeWorks plus to have the employee's scheduled tied to a particular job. This works for well for dynamic schedules.

Michael Meinzer

Great product, very functional (more than we actually use) and great support.

Reviewed 2018-02-22

Pros
The software was easy to use and features where intuitive. Also found there was plenty of variety of features to cover every point of data we were trying to capture.

Cons
Although the software works great, it would be really nice if it was priced a little more competitively.

Response from SwipeClock

Michael - Thank you for the nice review. We appreciate the business. We continue to improve and add features to the product. Unlike a lot of our competitors who build it once and forget about it, we are continually adding functionality that helps you stay current with times and laws. Please stay up on the latest by subscribing to our blog. https://www3.swipeclock.com/blog/

dorei galvan

very easy to learn and use

Reviewed 2018-02-22

The benefits i receive are the ability to clock in and out from any mobile devoce. I also like how it can locate where the clock in/ outs where dont to prevent time fraud

Pros
What I like most about the product is that it is very basic but yet modern and it can be used by all types of people from your tech gods to your old school type of people

Cons
What I least like about this app is how it sometimes logs you out and you have to reset a password.

Response from SwipeClock

Dorei - Love the comments. I've asked one of my reps to reach out to you about your problem. Awesome review!

Thank you!

Anonymous

Best time clock I ever used

Reviewed 2019-01-14

Excellent experience as a user.

Pros
I absolutley love the way that this software is set up. It allows you to log in and see every time punch for this pay period or the previous pay period. Made checking hours extremely efficiant.

Cons
Sometimes the office management can set it so you can only clock in on certain computers.

Michael Draut

Does the Job

Reviewed 2019-12-08

TimeWorksExpress is helping business to reliably track employee work hours.

Pros
I like most about this software that it is a quick and fairly easy way to track employee time sheets.

Cons
I like least that this software is not as intuitive to use as I have seen with other software. I made a few errors the first few times using this software.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Maureen Dodroe

Very intuitive and simple to use for both supervisors and employees. Easy set-up and transition.

Reviewed 2018-02-22

Swipeclock? Ease of use and training. Accurate reporting.

Pros
That it syncs with BambooHR, is appropriately priced and so, so easy to use and train on. The set-up was very easy. Thus far, customer support has been very helpful, although I haven't needed much. Also, we were able to set up and sync our customized time-off categories. Fantastic!

Cons
More reporting customization would be ideal, with totals and good .pdf printing. Also, I wish the mobile app REQUIRED location.

Response from SwipeClock

Maureen - Thank you for the awesome review. We are continuing to add more features all the time. We have recently purchased Shugo, which adds additional features. Please stay in touch via our blog .https://www3.swipeclock.com/blog/

James Brady

Excellent Customer Support

Reviewed 2016-10-12

I am working to help build an integrated database for a client and I tried the chat and no one was there so I went looking elsewhere. 20 minutes later I get a call, and this man apologized for there being no one there to answer my message and he asked what he could do for me. This gentlemen went the distance. He got me everything I needed and got me in touch with the right people. I was impressed because what I asked for was not an easy task. Oh and did I mention it was the Director of Sales that took the time to call me back.

Pros
User friendly access from anywhere

Cons
That they have to use 3rd party

Response from SwipeClock

James - Thank you for the kind words. Please feel free to try us anytime. We get busy, but you're so important to us. Thanks again!

Gibeth Santana

It's easy to use!

Reviewed 2018-03-08

Pros
Downloaded as a trial for our small company, we would recommend to anyone looking for a time logging system.It's easy to use and customer service is great.

Cons
The only con I have for this app is that it has a small glitch that logs you out every now and then, which I did read on a previous review as well. Hope this gets fixed =)

Response from SwipeClock

Thank you for your experience. We appreciate all the feedback. We will look into this. We have a large tech support center, quality assurance team, and development team that review issues, logs, and test. We have 1,000,000 employees in the system and we strive to make the experience the best. Thanks again!

Angelica Co

really easy to use

Reviewed 2018-03-12

Pros
It does more than just scheduling the employees. It is great for keeping track of whose going over so I can cut down my overtime

Cons
amazing software. Don't really need anything else. Small glitch and it turns off every now and then but just call customer service.

Response from SwipeClock

Thanks for the review and your feedback. We strive to make the service top-notch and appreciate your opinion. They help us get better.

Chris Envy

Easy to use and track all punches for accurate payroll

Reviewed 2018-05-01

Pros
Super easy to track every punch for each employee and monitor trends. Really saves time and helps with accountability.

Cons
Really nothing negative. Price is right, features work for nearly every scenario. No more asking what time someone came back from lunch.

Response from SwipeClock

Thank you, Chris, for a no-nonsense, simple and affordable review of our service.

Kim Thomas

Great!

Reviewed 2018-02-23

Pros
It is fairly easy to use. Our employees like being able to easily access their PTO and send in requests for their time off as well. The time clock feature is good too because it is accessible online anywhere.

Cons
Figuring out all of the nuances and how the features of the product work. I can't really think of any other cons though as it is a great product.

Response from SwipeClock

Kim - Thank you for the kind words. I'm so proud that we can help some a great organization like the South Carolina Autism Society.

All the best!

Anonymous

Easy to get started, however not the easiest to implement with Accounting CS

Reviewed 2018-03-01

Pros
There are many features that are available to our clients that need an electronic way of recording time. I like that the Swipe Clock team trains our clients directly instead of us trying to teach our clients

Cons
It has been a little bit difficult to transition as we use Accounting CS for our payrolls. Implementation has come with its struggles as we are not sure if the problems are with Accounting CS or SwipeClock. It would be helpful for SwipeClock to have and Accounting CS expert on staff to help with implementation for CPA firms like us.

Response from SwipeClock

Thank you for the review. We're always looking to improve our integrations and Thomson Accounting CS is a great software and company that we're always actively working with to improve the client and accountant experience.

Stephen Ray

Wanted to switch from a manual time-clock system to something automated.

Reviewed 2018-02-22

No more chasing employees for their time cards, faster processing time for payroll and I like having a record of all the punches.

Pros
Very easy for my employees to use and the management training was very good. She walked me through all the functions and showed me how easy it is.

Response from SwipeClock

Stephen - Way to cut right to the benefits. Great review! Thank you!

Mark Warner

Hasn't met our needs. Our purchaser didn't ask the right questions.

Reviewed 2018-02-27

It saved some time in job costing.

Pros
It is cheap to purchase.

Cons
It will not intigrate with Quick Books. Reports are complicated to run. Many features must be set up by Swipe Clock which adds time to simple adjustments.

Response from SwipeClock

Mark - Thank you for your honest response. On 2/23 I was informed that an issue was identified and it is being worked on. I will make sure we make some kind of announcement on our blog. Please subscribe to stay informed. Thank you.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Impressive and Powerful

Reviewed 2018-03-05

Pros
It does more than just scheduling the employees. It eradicates over staffing & lessens over time with system alerts. The swipe clock, quickly pinpoints breaches in coverage before it's too late and sends email and SMS alert notifications to the employees.

Cons
The worst part about using Swipe Clock is that it covers multiple tasks all at one time and due to that often stops responding. The Software operators have to pay attention towards this flaw and should fix that.

Response from SwipeClock

Great suggestion and we are taking that serious. We're making development milestones to make this experience better. Thank you for your kind and honest review.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10