TimeOut Reviews

4.57/5 (14 reviews)

Neelu Atwal

Excellent! 10 / 10! We had nothing but the best experience with the Unity Suite Time off solution!

Reviewed 2018-04-09

Pros
We started using Unity Suite in late 2014 and have not complaints. It is flexible, easy to use and very robust system! We had some customization done to our reports to make it easy for the group and it was in a matter of minutes by their team. Customer service and responsiveness from sales to support was at the same level. Support team was equally helpful, courteous, understanding of our needs at all time. Staff members are very professional and amazing to deal with.

Cons
There are ZERO cons in our experience with the product or the team. We have not experienced anything negative with the time off work product or the team.

Elizabeth Eastman

Great product

Reviewed 2018-10-16

Great product for any time-off tracking and accrual customization.

Pros
Intuitive and easy to use. Basic reporting and tracking.

Cons
We did have issues with requests going to spam that was never able to resolve, even though we whitelisted the IP address several times.

A Great Program to Keep Track of Vacation and Time Off

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-10-12

Before using TimeOut, keeping track of vacation time and PTO was a mess. Each employee had to remember and track their own days and it was based on a system of trust that they would be honest about what days they were off. TimeOut solves that issue so that there is clarity among employees and bosses about remaining PTO and vacation time.

Pros
It's so simple to use. Time out has a dashboard that allows you to track employees days off, remaining vacation time left and when you or an employee would like to request time off, you can set up in the system supervisors and/or bosses who will directly receive the email from the employee and approve any time off.

Cons
If you don't end up using time off or vacation time, you have to remember to go back to the system and go through a process to remove it as it is not done automatically.

Response from CWS Software

Thanks for the review. We're glad that TimeOut has helped your company.
You mentioned that your configuration does not remove unused time off automatically. Give our support team a call and we would be happy to help with this.

Riley Doerr

We use Time Out as our attendance system

Reviewed 2018-07-25

Pros
Each employee is in charge of keeping up with their own hours and time off. It makes payroll a breeze. The cloud system allows for flexibility; sometimes our employees work from home or another location and now they can clock in from wherever they are.

Cons
The only issues we've had so far were small system bugs and were corrected immediately. They also close for system maintenance on various days.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Anonymous

Great tool for keeping track of vacation or time off at work.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-07-16

I am able to keep track of my vacation days and stat holidays on a virtual calendar. I am able to send requests for days off to my supervisor where they can approve or reject it. This tool helps me keep organized. It keeps track of my remaining days left in the year, as well as what has been accrued up to this point.

Pros
Good tracker of stat holidays, days off, floater day, etc. Highlights all of the stat holidays and days booked off in the calendar. Sent requests to your supervisors for them to approve. You can add notes or messages when you send your request.

Cons
I feel like the look is a little outdated. It can be more modernized. However, the functionality is great and works flawlessly which is much more important than the look.

Andrew Kale

Reviewed 2019-04-18

Experience has streamlined my store

Pros
Love being able to not only track PTO hours for each associate but also tardies and absences

Cons
Sometimes takes a small while to update

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Jessica Byrnes

TimeOut is an effective way to remind me how much personal time I have left.

Reviewed 2018-06-05

Pros
I like that there are several options to select to on any given day where I need to insert a request (e.g. sick day, personal day, vacation day, work remotely, etc.). I like the high level table that shows how much time was accrued and how much time remains.

Cons
I think it is extremely counter intuitive that you cannot click on a day and insert a request. The first time I used this software it took me a long time to realize that I had to click in the top left corner in order to submit a request. I kept trying to double click the day on the calendar. I was with several colleagues and we all had this problem.

Anonymous

Functional tool but user interface and appearance of tool could be upgraded to improve experience

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Pros
Easily tracks all employee time off and tallies number of days for employers, easy to request time off for employees and easy for employers to approve requests

Cons
Requires login and would be better if it could be integrated with company email and calendars, appearance of tool is not sexy and needs and upgrade

Response from CWS Software

Thanks for your review. We are in the process of updating our user interface, but in the meantime contact support for information on using our mobile app for Android and iOs. We think you will like the new app interface!

Erica Henson

Nice product with user friendly controls

Reviewed 2016-05-06

We rolled the system out to our entire corporate staff about a month ago and have received nothing but rave reviews. The one complaint I have is about the approving manager's ability to view their employees' balances and time out. I have to give detailed instructions on this process and still don't have much luck with it sticking. The process of accessing information on each employee is a bit cumbersome.

Valerie O'Connor

Great application

Reviewed 2015-01-27

Very intuitive , easy to use and captures all the information - any small items we asked about were adjusted in the system (minor ones) quickly GIves the company accurate recording of all time away from office. Support queries were always addressed quickly and efficiently and very professionally. Love using Time Out.

Sean Byrnes

We recently implemented TimeOut to keep track of our personal time / work from home time.

Reviewed 2018-06-26

Pros
It is easy to visualize how much remaining personal time I have left over the course of the year or how much I have accrued at any given point.

Cons
It is counter-intuitive that I cannot click on a date on the calendar shown and enter requested time off for that day. It took a while to figure out how to make a time off request.

Sherri Powell

Unity Suite & Time Out

Reviewed 2016-05-12

This program is an excellent program for tracking PTO/vacation/HR details.

Response from CWS Software

Wonderful to hear!

Kim Berti

Very good

Reviewed 2016-05-06

Some options aren't available, can't name these specifically, but overall very good software

Reyn Kenyon

Used for work tracking PTO and WFH

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-05-04

Pros
I like it's ease of use and the interface: it's simple and easy to use, which makes tracking PTO and WFH easy.

Cons
I think the program has some different technical issues every now and then, but otherwise a great software.