Wagepoint Logo

Simple payroll software built just for small businesses.

Wagepoint Reviews

Suggested alternatives

workforcenow
dayforce-hcm
rippling

Wagepoint support is AWESOME. They are quick to respond to my questions and needs, very helpful and knowledgeable, very thorough and honest in their answers, and so friendly.
I real appreciate Wagepoint Support Team's help. The excellence of the support team is the top reason for me to recommend Wagepoint to my clients.
Our clients love that the employees have their own log on to retrieve paystubs and annual T-slips and W-2 slips. Overall - best quality payroll service out there.
OMG I am fuming mad writing this review. They make me so angry, and I am not an angry person.
We run into issues with this when converting clients sometimes that result in pay disruptions for employees.
Sure, but that'll cost you upwards of $100. Additionally, the reports failed to indicate my corporate FICA contributions, so I almost missed taking that substantial deduction.

Alita D.

Office Manager

Construction, 1-10 employees

Great option for Payroll

Transcript

Alita: Hi, I'm Alita. I'm an office manager. I give WagePoint four out of five stars. For more reviews...

VW

Vanessa W.

Owner

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

So easy to use

Transcript

Vanessa W: Hi, my name's Vanessa. I'm a president. I give Wagepoint a five out of five. For more reviews,...

Tom M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great for founders

Pros

I LOVE Wagepoint. I can't imagine having to do all this stuff myself - entrepreneurs shouldn't be spending time on things like getting all the accountys right, worrying if they've made the correct filings with the government etc. My employee (hopefully making that plural, soon) loves it too, and he is not easily impressed by UX/UI.

Cons

The only think is that with the Xero integration, the reports don't export automatically. So, every two weeks, I have to go in and push a few buttons to send it to Xero. Honestly, not that big of a deal, and still way better than any alternative, but it will be awesome when they add that automation.

Hi Tom, Love received and much appreciated. I'll also pass the notes on the Xero integration to the team. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. All the best, Michelle

JL

John L.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Fantastic Product

With the size of our plumbing company I'm thrilled with this product.

Pros

The ease of use is my favourite aspect of the Wagepoint software.

Cons

My wish list would consist of being able to flag reports that I use frequently. Not a huge concern but it would be nice to have your favourite reports section.

CM

Craig M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

RUN RUN RUN AWAY

Terrible. Spend an extra 5-10 per month and go with a company that will actually help you out. I have done payroll for over 20 years. Ive done it by hand and have used other companies. I decided to try to save some money and went with wagepoint. BIG mistake and ended up costing me more. I had an issue on one of my end of year forms that needed to get fixed. simple fix. or should have been but getting...

Pros

price is the only good thing about their service. Despite the price I would never ever recommend this service to someone. The customer service TERRIBLE. Don't ever expect a phone call back.

Cons

Zip, zero, zilch customer service. The customer service terrible. The user interface is not very good either.

Hi Craig, First, let us apologize. Second, let me pass this directly to our head of support who will reach out to speak with you directly. Michelle

Construction, 11-50 employees

Great

Pros

Their product (especially the UI), pricing, and customer support. We used ADP before switching over to Wagepoint and running each payroll via ADP was just dreadful. Wagepoint is much easier to use and more affordable, and their customer support team is friendly.

Cons

You can't reach their support team over the phone. They only accept emails.

Hi, We are extremely happy to hear that Wagepoint has made running payroll easier for you, as it should be. We are looking to implement some measures to improve the ability to speak to a live human. This will include live phone support. Thank you so much for your review.

HN

Hans N.

Hospitality,

Great payroll software and service, but could use polish

Pros

Love the series that come with the software. Payroll is fast in most cases. Track app is also really cool, but in obvious beta. Really looking forward to it becoming fuller (would be amazing to see scheduling and timesheet management!). Customer service is e-mail only, but they are super helpful and thorough.

Cons

The whole interface is a bit dated, and for some reason, everything is squished into a small division on a page. Making the window bigger doesn't show extra information. It seems limiting, and the next two issues probably stem from this design choice. Paying vacation is a pain. You have to take the accrued vacation, then divide it by their pay, so you can add it to the pay in HOUR format. Why...

Hi Hans, We are making some design upgrades to the product (estimated release by the end of Q2 2018) that I think will make the process a lot smoother for you. If you are open to it, I'd love to share the designs with you and get your thoughts. Regards, Leena

Joy K.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Excellent customer service

The software helps manage employees on different schedules, contractual and permanent. It makes it easy to pay workers, calculate taxes with ease and directly deposit the salaries to the employees using the software. It is simple to understand and user friendly.

Pros

I must comment on the customer support team, they are always ready to help and respond to customer queries. Is it very useful in paying contractual staff daily , weekly and montly.

Cons

It is only suitable for small organizations, this limits its use in large multinational companies.

Gary C.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Pros

We are a not-for-profit and do not have a wide selection of business professions who have expertise in the various small business departments such as payroll or HR. Wagepoint and their support staff feel like they are those professionals we need and provide outstanding support and service to us.

Cons

While there are a number of canned reports available to use (for no additional charge), I would like to see more of these reports made available.

Kimme L.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Wagepoint is our #payroll provider

Pros

As the owner of a bookkeeping firm, I've had the opportunity to use several different payroll programs. Wagepoint is by far the easiest to use and our 'go-to' payroll software for our small business clients.

Cons

For the longest time, I wished that they had better telephone support available for accounting professionals but I've heard that it's in the process of being developed now. :-)

Christopher F. A.

Computer Games, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Amazing Full Features Automatic Payroll!

It's been excellent and I hope to stay with them for years. I'm able to run my business without worrying about the headache of payroll.

Pros

I decided on this product just for the automatic tax filing of the 1099s/W2s and quarterly reports on my behalf. Anything to help save me time from doing any tax work is fully appreciated. The website actually goes well above and beyond with the free reports you're able to generate for your needs, the flexibility of modifying payments and running one time payments, it's so fully featured I'm amazed at how it's able to stay so cheap and offer so much.

Cons

If I had to name one thing it would be the lack of easy documentation for doing more complex payroll activities, such as garnishing an employee for child support but a simple email to their support email and I got my answer.

Ghizlane E.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Pros

We were able to see our paychecks a few days before they got deposited, this was a great feature.

Cons

We did not have features like expense management

ML

Monika L.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Best Payroll Service out there!

I can rely on Wagepoint to be able to process payroll efficiently and accurately on a daily basis. If I need help, the support team is there to answer any of my questions and or solve anything that is out of the ordinary.

Pros

We are a mid-size accounting and bookkeeping firm and payroll is a large part of our services for both Canadian and US payroll. Wagepoint is the most efficient, easy to use, cost-effective and accurate payroll service on the market. The reporting is great and the support team is fantastic! I never have to worry about payroll processing. Our clients love that the employees have their own log on to retrieve paystubs and annual T-slips and W-2 slips. Overall - best quality payroll service out there!

Cons

None so far and I have used this service over 3 years!

Hi Monika, We are beyond delighted that you and your clients are so happy. Payroll is mission-critical and it doesn't have to be a pain. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Michelle

LV

Laurie V.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Exceptional Customer Service

Impressive customer service. I've used it for years, and I find they are quick to respond if you have questions or concerns. I had a problem yesterday trying to get a new employee paid (which had absolutely nothing to do with Wagepoint). Instead of telling me "sorry, you need to fix this on your side before we can pay them", they came up with a resolution within three hours of me calling the customer service line as well as keeping me updated every step of the way. It involved a couple of other departments to sort it out so the speed of finding a resolution was amazing - just killer customer service by their entire team! Can't thank them enough and highly recommend Wagepoint.

Pros

It's simple to set up and extremely easy to use; easily exported into accounting software (Xero), therefore saving a ton of work posting manual payroll journals. It's also very cost effective compared to other providers.

Cons

It would be great if the departments assigned in to employees exported over to the department field in Xero. Department is noted in the description though, so it's straightforward to add it myself, but would be good if that was automated. I'd also like to see employee self-onboarding i.e. I enter name, SIN, salary and the employee gets invited to input the rest of the info.

NA

Nancy A.

Ease of Use and Auto Run

We required an online solution for payroll to integrate with our cloud technology. Not being payroll specialist ourselves, we have found WagePoint support invaluable. Their response time and insight is amazing!!

Pros

We have found WagePoint software to be intuitive and easy to implement. Their auto-run feature is fantastic! Set it and forget it for salaried employess. This has been a huge time saver for us. We have only recommended WagePoint to our clients since our first introduction to them two years ago. WagePoint fits well in our cloud environment.

Cons

There has been no query that support has not been able to address and solve for us. Our payroll needs are not advanced and WagePoint has been able to meet all requirements. We really have no cons to mention.

Cv

Carleen v.

Great product!

Pros

I really like the ease of setting up a payroll to run and how simple it is to pay hourly and salaried staff. Updating employee data is simple. I also like that a GL can be assigned to particular earnings or deductions. I also like getting the confirmation email after the payroll has been submitted as a peace of mind to know that it's been processed. Customer support, although only through email, is amazingly fast and often resolve an issue within two messages. Integration with other timesheet apps is easy and makes processing payroll that much faster. The online support documents are helpful when you need a high level or quick answer to a question.

Cons

I find the reporting is very limited - it would be nice to create a custom report with specific parameters, as well as a choice of output options on the report. Some reports are only available in a pdf format, which is not always the best option. I also find mapping the chart of accounts for accounting integration is difficult and it is almost impossible to find where an error is without involving assistance from Customer Service.

CM

Caitlin M.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Best payroll provider!

We switched our payroll from Ceridian to Wagepoint 2 years ago. I dreaded having to login to Ceridian because it was so archaic and not user friendly at all. It was so hard to find information. I could feel myself getting emotionally frustrated. I hated that I was asking my employees to also use such an outdated piece of software that would also cause them frustration and pain. Then I switched to Wagepoint...

Pros

Automated. Payroll happens seamlessly every two weeks. Beautiful easy to use interface. Excellent Customer Service. I'm never late with payroll because of a holiday. My employees enjoy using Wagepoint.

Cons

I honestly have never come across a con while using this software. Anytime I've had a question I get immediate support.

DR

Dana R.

Retail, 201-500 employees

One of the Best Payroll Softwares

Wagepoint is very easy to use and has always provide the most accurate info and reporting. Not only is it an amazing payroll software but their customer support is the best I've ever seen. I never have to worry about running into problems because I know that they will respond quickly and help me resolve and issues I have.

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly, it provides reminder emails, I am able to customize payroll and the deductions needed, and the customer support is the best I have ever experienced.

Cons

I do not have any complaints with this software. On the rare occasion that i have an issue, their customer support if on top of it. I never have to wait and always receive a quick response.

AG

Alison G.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Amazing Payroll Software!

Wagepoint has been attentive to our needs and thorough with their service from the beginning when we started working with them in 2010. All the support staff are fantastic to deal with and the software makes the payroll part of my job a whiz.

Pros

Fast customer support, the ability to process everything myself, the ability to customize payroll needs, the use of automated reporting and automated remittance and the ease of use

Cons

Xero integration does not work in the easiest way for all customers

Hi Alison, We're just as excited about having you as a long time customer :) Thank you for all the kind words, and we appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback. I'll be sure to share your comments about the Xero integration with our dev team and and see if we can make it even better. In the meantime, if you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to us via support@wagepoint.com, and we'd be happy to help! Cheers, Leena

MT

Monika T.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

To the Point

Every day use is quick and easy and only takes seconds to input hours. Super useful and easy access to paystubs and T4's as well as employment info.

Pros

So easy to use and browser usage and localized employment info.

Cons

The App starts off with having a Pin set up for access, and no way to change said pin or set a new one Via the Browser.

Hi Monika, Thank you very much for your review! Hearing that you are finding Wagepoint easy to use puts a smile on face :) There are many other things to be worrying about in todays world and I am glad to hear that Payroll isn't one of them!

SR

Summer R.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Cannot do payroll without it!

I want to say a big Thank You to the support team! They saved my day many times!

Pros

1)processes are easy to follow and adjust. 2)Customer support team are amazing!!!

Cons

If I have to say one, sometimes it is hard to get reports as exactly what I want, but not a big trouble to me. Still functions perfectly.

NK

Nicole K.

Import and Export, 1-10 employees

GREAT and EASY to use

Use wagepoint for my payroll service and love that it is quick and easy to use. Helped us when our accounting program stopped being supported and tax tables were not available.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to access reports

Cons

That vacation is only accrued by percentage instead of hours as all our employees receive 3 weeks vacation and the accrual in wagepoint does not accurately reflect this. None of my employees are receiving notifications that their pay stubs are available.

Hi Nicole, Thank you for your kind words, and we also appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We took a look at your account set up and noticed that employees had not been invited to set up their Wagepoint self-serve accounts. We have taken care of this on our end, so moving forward, your employees will receive an email notification to let them know their pay stubs are ready for viewing. As for the vacation accrual, would you be interested in a demo of our paid time off management app, Luna? It's fully integrated with Wagepoint and vacation balances are automatically updated. It might help with the issue you are experiencing. Either way, I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Leena Thampan Head of Marketing & Customer Success

DH

Daniel H.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Great app for Small Businesses needing payroll with a lot of autmation

Pros

Easy to navigate and use. Easy to setup and roll out.

Cons

There could be better reports. The ability to correct the CRA BN is crucial, yet the support says it's not possible. Email only support needs to be improved. Companies like mine should be able to have a telephone number for a dedicated support team / person.

KZ

Kate Z.

Higher Education, 1-10 employees

Perfect for our Small Business

Pros

Wagepoint's customer service is incredible. They never judge my limited knowledge of payroll processing and taxation issues, and always provide very clear instructions and options when issues come up. Not only that, they hold my hand through any troubleshooting that needs to take place (and often do it for me . . .). The system is fairly intuitive, and there are processes in place to prevent any major catastrophes from my lack of payroll knowledge!

Cons

It's tricky to figure out the pay periods (paid from -DATE- to -DATE-) because we are in a gig based industry, so predicting future compensation is not possible. Likely there is a solution that can be found in the Q&A and tutorials, but I have not explored it yet.

OP

Oliver P.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Classic example of a tech business trying to cut corners

Theres a "we don't really care, we just want to make money" vibe around this business.

Pros

Nothing. This software looks nice, but the back of house is a poorly designed, and the customer support system is very challenging to navigate.

Cons

Wagepoint was integrated with Quickbooks. It was very difficult to make changes to any payroll. At the end of November 2020, QBs and Wagepoint separated. I spent DAYS attempting to navigate the changes. I would consider myself very tech capable, i followed all there instructions, but at every turn there was an issue, or a warning message, or a "its us, not you" note. It's now been a week, i still haven't...

LG

Laura G.

Wine and Spirits, 11-50 employees

Helpful and Prompt Customer Support

Time saver for year end reports and remissions.

Pros

Relatively easy to set up and implement. The customer support is also very competent and helpful.

Cons

The reports you can generate are not particularly customizable (and often not very helpful). I am also a Canadian user and it does not apply provincial labour laws to payroll (just federal). I also use Deputy for our schedule and time sheets and the uploads are not ideal (overtime, holiday pay, and sick days all need to be manually entered and retracted from time sheet uploads).

TL

Tina L.

Utilities, 1-10 employees

WagePoint is Awesome

It has been easy learning payroll using wagepoint. Customer service is great and very fast at providing help.

Pros

easy to use, great customer service, fast response

Cons

reports are confusing. Takes a bit of time to break all source deductions of EE and EP down to enter into accounting

Hi Tina, I'm really glad to see that you are happy with our app and our service. I'll be sure to share your feedback re: the reports with our dev team and see if we can make the process smoother for you. In the meantime, if you need anything else, please feel free to reach out to us via support@wagepoint.com at any time, and we'd be happy to help! Regards, Leena Thampan Head of Marketing & Customer Success