Wagepoint Logo

Simple payroll software built just for small businesses.

Wagepoint Reviews - Page 5

MW

MARY W.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Wagepoint

Overall I have had a great experience with Wagepoint. They have always answered all my questions and helped me with the tricky issues that pop up now and then.

Pros

Wagepoint was easy to implement and use and it's still there waiting for me when I need it.

Cons

It seemed a bit pricy at first, but the ease of use and quick access to customer service made it worth it.

We ¿¿that we can be here for you! Glad to have you as a customer.

CB

Colleen B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Amazing support

I love a company who offers excellent customer support, and I have never been let down by Wagepoint. They have always found solutions to my problems, in a friendly and efficient manner. Love this product

Pros

The ease of use. It is very easy to use and clear.

Cons

Some of the language, holiday vs vacation etc.

PP

Paula P.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

A Great Job Wagepoint

I use Wagepoint for our payroll. Our company is small. I the program every two weeks and I find it very user friendly. I do have to update or add employees and again it is very easy to do.

Cons

Hi Paula, Thank you for your kind words - we really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback :) If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to contact us at support@wagepoint.com at anytime. We're always happy to help! Regards, Leena Thampan Head of Marketing & Customer Success

MB

Mirjana B.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Easy to use, issues resolved promptly

Customer Service Support is resolving issues in the prompt manner.

Pros

Software is easy to use. Luna Calendar is a great tracking feature

Cons

RRSP Employee and Employers contribution

JK

Josee K.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees

Simple, quick and affordable

Pros

I loved the minimal learning curve there was to a new software like Wagepoint. I’m not techy or business savvy, so the ease of use and support has made Wagepoint a program I don’t think I’ll ever go without.

Cons

I don’t have any cons, everything has been quick and easy with minimal support requiu

BR

Bill R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great solution for small businesses

I started using wagepoint as part of Quickbooks Online advanced payroll. When QBO decided to do their own advanced payroll, I decided to convert to wagepoint directly. We are a small business and I don't have the time to stay on top of payroll and tax - wagepoint does this for me so I can focus on other aspects of our business. It is incredible value for money.

Pros

Wagepoint is very easy to use. The step by step process is great for owners/managers who have little time to spend on payroll. Also, the email reminders about payroll deadlines ensure we don't miss cutoffs.

Cons

I would like more control over basic account features. For example, I cannot seem to be able change the email address associated with my admin account.

AK

Ashok K.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great payroll service for start-ups and small business

My company has been with Wagepoint since early 2015, and I've had a good experience with them so far. On the rare times when there was an issue that needed attention, their customer support was very responsive.

Pros

Wagepoint's pricing model is very attractive for new businesses such as technology start-ups. The set up process is very streamlined and can be done mostly online. Also, the web site interface for processing payroll is extremely easy to use. Completing a payroll run takes me less than 5 minutes on average.

Cons

Wagepoint hasn't been around as long as the major players in the payroll processing industry, so their offering isn't as extensive as the large payroll services. But they are a solid choice for small to medium sized businesses.

RF

Ross F.

Construction,

Wagepoint is easily the best payroll service we've used.

Pros

They respond to email questions *immediately* - an absolute treat to deal with. I never have to wait long for an answer (like, a couple hours at MOST), and they're more interested in making sure that they've solved your problem and you're satisfied than just "getting rid of you".

Cons

Sometimes if you wait till the last moment to process your payroll their servers are busy, but it doesn't happen often.

PS

Patrice S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Wagepoint makes it easy!!!

Very positive and supportive.

Pros

It’s just so easy to use. Payroll and set up. You can even have your employees sign up with their own portal. It’s easy.

Cons

Setting up the tax deductions was difficult because I had to set up accounts with the state tax department.

Hi Patrice, Thank you so much for your review. Hearing that Wagepoint has made running payroll that much easier for you is music to our ears! This is exactly why we do what we do :) Have a great day!

Amel M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Bad customer service

Pros

Everything was fine and great at first.

Cons

I had some issu making the payroll and set the right dates. We called many times the customer service but it wasn't helpfull. We asked if the payroll statement was sent to the governement and at the customer service they said yes. I verified with the governement and nothing was send. I don't use the sotfwear anymore .

Hi Amel, In checking the customer database, it appears you're using the version of Wagepoint that's offered within QuickBooks Canada. This product is called QuickBooks Advanced Payroll Powered by Wagepoint. This version of Wagepoint is supported by the Intuit support team. I will share your comments with that team so they are aware of what's happened. The standalone version of Wagepoint (which most of the reviews for this site reference) is supported by Wagepoint's support team. But, know that both teams keep in close contact in order to address concerns. Sincerely, Michelle, Wagepoint Marketing Manager

KB

Kj B.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Easy to use and convenient

Wagepoint has increased our communications surrounding HR and payroll, removing a barrier to paystubs for employees

Pros

As an employee, I find Wagepoint a convenient tool for accessing my paystubs at any time, while also receiving an email notification when it's been ready to be viewed. It has an easy-to-use portal that allows you to update your banking details and personal information at any time too.

Cons

I really like the simplicity of this software, but I wish there was an app for mobile phones as well

Hi KJ, Thank you so much for your review! I am extremely happy that you are finding Wagepoint easy to use, hearing this is music to our ears :)

IA

Ida A.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

My favorite payroll service provider.

I have used several payroll providers, and so far, Wagepoint is the best. The user interface is extremely user friendly, and training my clients to process their own payroll is a breeze. The customer service too is amazing. Each time I have a question and I email support, someone gets back to me almost immediately.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

I would like to see monthly DAS remittances made to the CRA & Revenu Quebec. Right now, I see a report which shows CRA amount payable per payroll, but it would be nice to see per remittance. Would also be nice to see the Quebec remittances.

RL

Richard L.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Small Business Operator

I manage a lot of small business as a consultant and I always set my client up on Wagepoint for their payroll needs. I find it easy to use, easy to setup and the automatic payroll feature allows me not to worry that the employees are being paid on time.

OA

Olabisi A.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Wagepoint Usage

Setting up a payroll as an owner/manager, Wagepoint was/is a perfect fit. The support team handheld throughout my stabilization period; from starting with bi-weekly to changing to monthly to pausing for a few weeks. The support team responds same day and my issues always gets resolved; always. Honestly, I have no complaints with the application and I am looking forward to my company expansion with Wagepoint as our payroll platform.

Pros

Easy and intuitive navigation; proactive and timely enhancements rollout; clear; 100% availability.

Cons

None. Wagepoint is proactive with enhancing the software with any policy changes or tax changes. I find nothing lacking in Wagepoint. The no frills simplicity and efficiency is top notch.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Amazing experience - great experience for mgm't and employees!

- simple, quick, easy to use - great "bang for your buck"

Pros

- simple, straight-forward, easy to use - clean interface - easy for employees to login and see paystubs/pay history & change banking info

Cons

- no user levels - either employee or admin, without any options in between to enable "approval flows", etc.

CR

Chase R.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Excellent service for the price

After having an awful experience with a large payroll processing company (e.g. numerous errors), I decided to venture out to find an alternative. I found Wagepoint after searching for reviews and found they were a great match for what I needed. Simple and cost effective payroll processing, geared towards small/mid-sized business. For the price, there's really nothing that compares. I'm able to have full control over how my payroll processes each month, leaving out the possibility for any blatant human error other than my own. Payroll should be simple and should not come with a large fee. I saw an 80% reduction in payroll fees after making a change to Wagepoint, and at the same time I was far less frustrated with my experience processing payroll each month.

Pros

Price, ease of use, and customer service.

Cons

None at the moment.

KS

Kiran S.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Simple and Effective, Exactly what you need from a Payroll System

Pros

I like that it takes care of everything for me, remittances to CRA, vacation, ROE, even covers contractor payment (including generating the contractor tax forms). I looked at other payroll solutions but they came up short in one way or another. I was completely new to Payroll, and every time I called, I was able to reach someone knowledgable who guided me at every step of the way. I've already recommended Wagepoint to 3 other founders. There's a lot to do as a startup founder, so it's nice that Wagepoint takes care of a lot of the complexity around Payroll.

Cons

I think they could add more features; like managing team schedules, vacation, feedback, etc. I believe they are working on some of these features already. Those would be nice for them to have as optional add-ons.

SV

Susan V.

Retail, 11-50 employees

easy to use. but limited functionality.

the manual calculations to enter hours worked on a holiday is very time consuming and creates room for error. if a pay type is set up on the backend (ie holiday pay @ 1.5 regular pay), there should be the ability to just enter these hours into the paygrid and it be automatically calculated (like overtime hours are).

Pros

straight forward. simple platform.

Cons

limited functionality.

BS

Belinda S.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Tremendous Support Team

Pros

The ease of use cannot be overstated. The interface is clean, uncluttered and intuitive - and the support team is incredibly responsive! Anyone who processes payroll understands that things come up last minute. Wagepoint support is always reactive, but if something is marked URGENT they are on it even faster. I can't express my appreciation enough. They always come through for me.

Cons

The tax calculation on bonuses or retro pay has got to be my biggest complaint. Wagepoint routinely over taxes large sums. I work around this by adding a negative 'additional' tax amount for that particular pay period and then remove the adjustment for the next pay run. It's not perfect... but at least large bonuses and retroactive payments don't happen all the time.

TR

Tara R.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Amazing product!

Wagepoint has made payroll so much simpler for me to manage. From payments to collecting/submitting payroll tax, creating T4's and easy access to paystubs - this has been a game changer! When I have questions I get responses quickly with detailed information on how to solve a problem. I'm super impressed.

Pros

Easy to use and saves me so much time! This one purchase has simplified the whole payroll process for our company.

Cons

I don't have any complaints at all about the software or service.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Wagepoint

The most important that this app does what it was created for. Not all products actually deliver what was promised. No more headache with payroll. Great customer support helps you to stay on top.

Pros

It's simple. Simple to set up, start using. It took us quite a lot of time each month to deal with payroll. So far, happy with the solution Wagepoint product provides.

Cons

Happy with the product. I could probably benefit from a few more integrations.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

A cost effective way to run payroll

We are able to pay our employees and independent contractors within a few minutes.

Pros

Once set up, it takes just a few minutes to run payroll. The provide reminders and updates when there are holidays. It generates the W2 and 1099 but we are still responsible for mailing to employees.

Cons

It was a pain to set up. The paystubs and some of the reports are buried in the software that requires clicking on different tabs to try and find what you are looking for.

CN

Chris N.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Overall Wagepoint customer service has been top notch!

Pros

The software is easy to use, but having someone as knowledgeable and approachable as Darlene supporting it makes all of the difference. Of all of our Firm's vendors, I know I can count on Wagepoint support/Darlene to quickly and painlessly help us solve our issues.

Cons

Wagepoint needs to add an automatic e-mail function that advises the user they have successfully submitted payroll (yes, there is a screen that appears immediately after submission, but it would be better if there was an e-mail for my records confirming that you have received my request to process payroll).

Hi Chris, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us :) A confirmation email is a great idea, and it should be fairly straightforward to implement. I'll be sure to pass this along to our dev team. Regards, Leena

DR

Daniel R.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Simple Payroll

Pros

Wagepoint makes it super easy to pay my employees via direct deposit while taking care of all of the source deductions and T4s for me.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons. Each pay run is quite seamless.

Hi Daniel, Thank you very much for your review! Our aim has always been to make payroll as easy as possible for our customers and I am extremely happy to hear that it has been that way for you :) Have a great day!

NB

Nicole B.

Easiest system I've used to date!

Pros

Set up is super super easy. Like all new products, I thought it might be difficult but this did not disappoint.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say. It's new for us and customer service has truly been excellent at helping us work through kinks

Hi Nicole, Thank you for the kind feedback, and we're happy to hear that you are having a great experience so far. If there's anything we can do to help, please feel free to reach out anytime. Regards, Leena