All categories

xref Reviews

Pros

Provides for greater accuracy and integrity of the reference check process. Excellent support and customer care from the XREF team.

Peter K.

The ease of use, flexibility afforded to referee's, time saved over manual processes as well as the support from the team has also been great.

Matthew Q.

Great customer service and the system has been useful and simple.

Mouna K.

Cons

If you are setting your candidate up the day before for example they get reminder emails coming through on their "day off. We do get complaints from referees on occasion.

Claire P.

Rebecca S.

No negative feedback from any of the applicants or referees which i guess in this game, no news is good news.

Matthew Q.

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Set and forget, enormously beneficial for a speedy recruitment process.

The account contacts were always readily available when needed. Making changes to the system was very simple. If anything I would suggest that if you were to use the platform as a company, ensure your questions are fit for purpose and that you are not requiring too much time from your candidates referees, while still ensuring that you have the information on hand that is required to make the right hiring decisions.

Pros

Xref is extremely easy to use. Setting up a ref check takes no time at all, and once the information is in the system Xref takes care of the automation and regular reminders to both the candidate and their referees to ensure the detail is completed in a timely manner. The ability to pick up on fraudulent references (through IP addresses) has been highly beneficial. The time savings of being able to 'set and forget' this part of the recruitment process is enormous.

Cons

There are no issues that come to mind.

Thank you for your great review, Amy. We are happy to hear that you have benefited from the ease and security that comes through online reference checks through Xref. We understand how important this step is within the hiring process and want to make it as compliant and efficient as we possibly can. Thanks again for your review.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

The best online reference check solution

Xref have been great to deal with, from the initial sales meeting with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], to giving us a trial period and then great support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team once we committed 100% to the product. We hire over 1000 staff a year so to have a tool that will support a quicker turnaround time is brilliant. We couldn't be as effective as we are without it.

Pros

Easy to use as set up of candidates takes less than a minute, ability to customise templates, which s great for us as we have many different role types to reference against, ideal for volume recruitment as you don't have to spend time chasing phone references when you have so many other recruitment activities to do, the IP address tracking - we have had a number of candidates trying to be dishonest and this has assisted us in ensuring we are hiring the right people into the organisation who are going to uphold our values.

Cons

Would like the ability to turn off or change the reminder emails to referees and candidates so that they don't send on a weekend or public holiday. If you are setting your candidate up the day before for example they get reminder emails coming through on their "day off". We do get complaints from referees on occasion.

Thank you for your great review, Claire. It's good to hear that we have been able to help streamline your recruitment process. We are always working to improve our platform and we value feedback from our customers. We will pass this on to the relevant team internally. Please feel free to contact your Customer Success Manager if you ever have any further thoughts or feedback to share. Thanks again for your great feedback.

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

Xref

Positive! customer service has been awesome and the company has shown openness to input and enhanced their platform.

Pros

Easy to use and creates an efficiency in my work flow to avoid the back and forth with references.

Cons

While it's a fairly straight forward platform there is alot of individual windows that require me to go in and out for each reference on each candidate.

Thank you for your review, Amanda. We're happy to hear you're benefiting from the time saved through the ease and efficiency of the Xref platform. We are always looking to improve our platform and appreciate the feedback. Thanks again for the great review.

Xref - review

The experience is positive and one that I would not give up given the many benefits it allows for all stakeholders. It definitely reduces our time to fill given the timeliness of submitting all information.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to navigate for all parties; employer, referee and candidates. It provides updates/reminders/customization and visibility on when the references have been completed or if there are delays the candidate can follow up with the referee. The document is easy to read and provides "norms" which is extremely helpful when comparing other candidates responses to the market. The template allows enough room for those who want to respond with extensive answers and provides follow up details of the referee if needed. Given the ease of use the references are produced in a timely way and allows us to progress to offers quickly reducing our time to fill.

Cons

There could be the opportunity for further customization however this does not cause any issues for our organsiation.

Thanks for your review, Kerryn. We are glad to hear that you have benefited from the time saved and the ease of using the Xref platform for your reference checks. We understand how important it is to have a great experience through this vital stage of the hiring process. We would love to discuss your thoughts of further customisation throughout the referencing process. Please feel free to reach out to us at a convenient time and we will take on any feedback regarding this via our customer success team. Thanks again for your great review.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Excellent service - wouldn't work in a job without it!

Bulk recruitment has been made easier with Xref, as has detecting fraudulent references and ensuring time is spent more productively

Pros

- Simplifies the reference process especially with bulk recruitment - No time delays between calling referees, references can be completed at everyones convenience - Fraud detection services which capture about 80% of fraudulent references - Provides referee details allowing you to look at their LinkedIn and validate their history

Cons

- Although there is fraud detection, candidates can still provide fraudulent references and if you are not careful they can slip through. Maybe there should be a database of candidates that have previously provided fraudulent references

Thanks for taking the time to provide this review. We're glad to hear Xref is helping simplify the process for you. Thanks also for your recommendations.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Has made my life so much easier!

Always been extremely helpful and accommodating

Pros

It's user friendly, quick and easy to use. I like that if applicants or referees do not respond they get automatic reminders so I don't have to keep following up. As I manage all of the recruitment for the business, I could have 8 new starters at one time - the process of requesting and following up references used to take me the best part of a day, now it takes just a few minutes.

Cons

There is very little I don't like about the software.

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. We really appreciate your feedback. We are so happy that you have been able to benefit from the ease of online referencing!

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

I love it. I love the fraudulent pick-ups too.

Pros

I love that I can enter someone's details and let the magic happen behind the scenes.

Cons

Logging in. I often select the 'remember my password' and my username populates, but I never remembers my password, and it's annoying. I get it's for security purposes, but I wished I could just open xRef and it takes me straight to the platform.

Thanks so much for this great review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.

X Ref is great

Very happy with X Ref

Pros

Easy to use for Users and Candidates. Very straight forward to use. Very few technical issues.

Cons

I can't really say there is anything about X Ref I don't like. I have used it now in three different organisations. It has great functionality and has saved us so much time and is easy for the referee and very safe and secure.

Thanks so much for this wonderful review. We're glad that you've had such a great experience with Xref across your different roles.

Saves time for the team

Pros

Reference automation is a great way to save your team valuable time. It's user friendly, easy to use from both candidate and HR perspective. You can create a customized questionnaire for your company.

Cons

No real cons that I can think of. Maybe look into integrating it with our ATS (applicant tracking system) Breezy HR. It would be great to save all the data in one spot, rather than 2 different software.

Thanks for your review, Ruzanna. It is great to hear that you are benefiting from the time saved through online reference checks through Xref. We know how important it is to have a user friendly and time saving process to help through the busy hiring times. We are always looking to increase our reach and would love to discuss the potential of integrating our systems. Please contact us via our customer success team and we can look into the possibilities moving forward. Thanks again for your review.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

A great time-saver for a usually time-consuming process

We have had a good experience with Xref and look forward to full integration with our Recruitment platform in the coming months to ensure a more streamlined internal process.

Pros

It is easy to use this software and provides us with the information we need to make the best hiring decisions for our business.

Cons

It has taken us some time to roll out a recruitment system across our multiple businesses so the Xref process has been separate from the current workflows, however, this isn't Xref related.

Thanks for your review, Jessica. It is great to see that you benefitting from the added insight to assist with data driven decision making through the hiring process. It is also great to hear that the gears are in motion to have Xref integrated into your recruitment platform. I'm sure it will help simplify the process even further. Thanks again for your review.

We recommend XREF!

Over the past few years our organisation has been looking at tools and technologies to help improve the efficiency and productivity of our recruitment teams. We selected XREF for several reasons but primarily because it freed up our recruiters to find the next candidate, rather than them chasing referees of someone we had already placed. Our teams love it and as we have integrated the tool with our Candidate tracking system it ensures we maintain our workflow practices and compliance requirements.

Pros

Ease of use The XREF team can quickly customise templates for us to suit client specific needs Candidate experience is a positive one The quality and detail of responses was surprisingly good from the outset. My team is happy as it makes them more efficient. Reduces the post placement overhead. Provides for greater accuracy and integrity of the reference check process. Excellent support and customer care from the XREF team

Cons

the concern we had was that we may miss out on leads being generated from the old style reference check. The new feature, People Search, which we have just started using should help alleviate this concern.

Thanks for your feedback, Peter. We are glad that you have been able to save time and benefit from automating your references. It's also great to hear that you have recently started using People Search, we are confident that it will aid your recruitment with a smart and compliant approach to business development. Thanks again for taking a moment to write this review, Peter.

Why go anywhere else

The systems solves the problem of reaching referees outside of our business hours more so when we need to do an international reference check. The referee can do it when they have time. You will never regret using XREF. Wow amazing !

Pros

I have nothing but good things to say, the ease of using this system, so easy to use, nothing is ever too hard for anyone that works at XREF, you can truly see that people love working at XREF and it shows in their customer service. The product is second to none and i will never use another system. As a recruiter for many years , we never like constantly calling referees who might say they are too busy to talk or just not answer for days. XREF takes away the pressure of trying to call referees and gives that time back to do other things. I just dont understand why you would not want to use XREF. You really feel like you are part of the team. Amazing system/Product and people!

Cons

I cant say anything bad about the system.

Thanks, Anthony! We're so glad you continue to benefit from the ease of the platform and the support of the team. We know how difficult it can be to manage calls with international or busy references, so it's great to hear how the automated approach is helping. We love having you as part of the Xref family!

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Incredible Tool - Highly Recommend!

Fantastic experience. The tool provides a warm and human candidate experience, facilitated by user-friendly and smart software. Because the tool is so user friendly, people want to use it and it improves reference turnaround time. No need to deal with clunky reference forms or waste time on scripted phone calls. References can quickly and easily provide their info and candidates (and HR) can see where things are in the process, eliminating the need for painful and time consuming follow ups. Finally, the data insights are great and, again, we aren’t talking about using clunky dashboards that take time to decipher or multiple clicks to get at a subset of the information you want. The information you want is available at your fingertips. The product is just incredible.

Pros

Usability, features, workflow. Overall it’s an incredible product that is quick, easy and intuitive to use. The workflow is human and makes it seem like you’re dealing with an individual, not a database. Every touchpoint (for candidate, reference, HR) is seamless and so helpful. It’s a product that actually enhances the recruitment and candidate experience because of the incredible usability of the...

Cons

Hadn’t integrated criminal background checks for Canada but that’s in the works. Once it’s a one-stop-shop I have no doubt it will be the dominant platform of choice for prescreening and references.

Thank you for this great review, Nicole. It's good to hear how you have benefited from the ease and efficiency of the Xref platform. We are always looking to improve our service and appreciate your feedback. Thanks again for your review, Nicole.

You cant afford NOT to use XRef

I took time for us to get uptake from the consultants, and we do not use XRef every time, but it is essential tool for us when we are refencing contractors, and high volume roles, not as relevant for our executive search business.

Pros

1. Saving consultants time (and hence us money) 2. Turnaround of references 3. Quality of references 4. Pricing model (not Saas)

Cons

1. Getting consultants to change the way they work, which was helped by XRef hiring a customer success manager 2. Not having the opportunity to business develop when reference checking

Thank you for your great feedback, Paul. We are happy to hear that you are experiencing the benefits of automated referencing and that it has saved valuable time for your company. We also offer a service called People Search which can be used as a powerful business development tool. Please reach out to your dedicated account manager to learn more or to have People Search turned on. Thanks again for your feedback, Paul.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

XRef makes the reference check process a lot easier!

XRef has completely sped up the reference process for us. This is fairly critical, especially when our candidates are often receiving multiple offers. We simply can't have any delays in our process, so XRef is very timely to finalize our offer stage! They've really got a great support team as well to monitor your account.

Pros

I work in recruitment and we used to call all of our candidates references individually, while transcribing their responses. As we scaled, this was time consuming. In came XRef. XRef has saved a lot of time for us. Instead of calling all of our candidates references, we can set the candidate up in the system and it is up to them to enter their references. Our reference questions are sent over and we often get the references back within 24 - 48 hours. A lot quicker than chasing down the references! It is super easy to download the reference's responses and send over to our hiring managers. It can even catch fraud - e.g., it will flag you if a reference is using the same IP address as the candidate. Better yet, they are a Canadian product!

Cons

There's not much that I can say I don't like! Highly recommend. The one thing I'd say is it is a bit different as you aren't actually speaking to the references with the tool. You may miss out on verbal cues from the references.

Thank you for your great review. We are happy to hear you have been benefiting from the time that has been saved through the simplicity of the Xref platform. We know how important it is for these matters to be handled in a timely and compliant manner. Thanks again for your review.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

References come back so much faster!

Makes my job so much easier! Helps obtain references in such an efficient and non invasive manner.

Pros

Xref has been very helpful in obtaining timely and accurate references, as well as flagging potential fraud situations, which have saved us time and hassle.

Cons

There are a few limitations in adding needed information or customizing the reference form.

Thanks for your review, Jess. It's great to hear that Xref has helped to free up more time and make the recruitment process simpler for you. We are always happy to help out and/or receive feedback on any formatting or customisation you'd like to see in the platform. Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager who will be able to help you add customisation or pass on your thoughts to our development team. Thanks again for your review, Jess.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Xref - a recruiters best friend

Great system which is matched with equally great customer management.

Pros

ease of use and smarts behind the software. Not only is it a positive experience for candidates and the referees but it also flags potentially fraudulent references.

Cons

I've never had any problems with the system.

Thanks so much for the great review, David. We're proud to offer a smart tech solution that's backed by leading customer support and we appreciate you highlighting that. We're glad you continue to benefit from a great experience for everyone involved, with added hiring assurance.

Xref

Pros

Very easy to use. I like how it gives both parties notifications when completed.

Cons

I wish you could edit the responses when people enter in the wrong information.

Thanks for your review, Becca. It is great to hear that you have benefited from the ease that come through using Xref for your reference checking. We would love to discuss you feedback regarding the potential of changing or updating responses further. Please feel free to contact our customer success team at a time that suits you and we can gather your feedback to help improve this service going forward. Thanks again for your review.

Xref, makes compliance simple

Well run implementation that delivered what they promised and on time. Xref were happy to work with our other software vendors to implement streamlined and integrated processes for us.

Pros

It is a system that gives us the confidence that all our staff are compliant with legislation and takes the administrative burden from us. It makes the employee the star of the process.

Cons

It can sometimes be confronting for employees with a lack of computer skills go through the process the first time.

Thank you for your great review, Fiona. It is good to hear that you have been able to benefit from the ease and simplicity of the platform. We're delighted that you and your team also feel more confident in your hiring process, having switched to automated references. We do our best to make the platform as user-friendly as possible while delivering a compliant, high-quality service but we appreciate your feedback about the employee experience. Thanks again for the review!

XREF is great!

I am very happy with it and will continue to use it!!

Pros

I love that I can use it on both my computer and my phone! Everything transfers quickly so I can easily go back and forth which helps me continue conversations wherever I am!!!

Cons

I wish it was easier to access my contact list on my phone.

Thank you for your great review, Katie. We are happy to hear that you have experienced the efficiency and simplicity of the Xref platform. We will pass your feedback on and make sure it is handled by the relevant team. If you ever have any further feedback or suggestions please feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager. Thanks again for your review.

Xref

Very good when filled out correctly

Pros

The ease of use, fast and user friendly

Cons

No being able to see the details of the references that are filled out, some clientele are old and will just delete without help

Thanks for your review, Chase. We are glad to hear that you have seen the benefits that come through using Xref for online reference checks. We are always looking to improve our service and we appreciate your feedback regarding the visibility of references. I will make sure that this feedback is passed to the relevant team. Thanks again for your review.

Achieve Australia - XRef review

Due to the high volume of applicants we receive and put through to pre employment checks, Xref has reduced a great amount of time the team would spend calling these referees. This has proved to be a beneficial system to the organisation.

Pros

The updates for potential fraud of references. This provides a great deal of insight of our applicants before even reading the references.

Cons

The changes to privacy. Ie the need to create a personal account rather than just use the one address.

Thanks for your review, Jessica. We're glad to hear Xref has been able to save valuable time for your team by helping to streamline your hiring process. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the privacy changes. Occasionally we have to make these changes to ensure that we maintain the highest possible standards of data security, for you and your candidates. Thanks again for the great review, Jessica.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Very easy to use and user friendly

Excellent

Pros

User friendly and never had any issue to run reference checks on my candidates.

Cons

Nothing so far. Can add more categories in file attachment section like driving license.

Thanks for your review, Pushkar. We are happy to hear that you have had an excellent experience through using the Xref platform for your reference checks so far. We understand how important it is to have a user friendly and efficient system in place for reference checks and we appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to contact our customer success team if you have any concerns or thoughts for potential improvements. Thanks again for your review.

X Ref Review- Recruiter point of view

Pros

Easy to use for the recruiter, just move a candidate into a stage and email is sent 1 Step process; no stress about forgetting to do anything Updates about candidates progress Reminds candidates to fill complete process

Cons

Hard to see the responses give unless you are the administrator. Would be great to have a summary of responses

Thanks, AJ, for this review. We're glad you're finding the platform easy to use and that it is helping you to streamline your process. We can see that you are using Xref via our integration with Lever. As such, to have sufficient privileges to view Xrefs you will need to request login access to our native platform via your account administrator. Feel free to get in touch with our customer success team if you'd like any further assistance with this. They can be reached on support@xref.com Thanks again, AJ.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Integral to my job as a Talent Advisor!

Fantastic! Honestly, I won't be able to function as a TA without it. Especially doing high volume recruitment

Pros

It is integrated to our ATS - LiveHire - so getting references for a candidate is just a button away. Very easy to use and saves me countless hours of conducting references verbally. We get them really quickly as well.

Cons

Sometimes the integration with ATS is broken. But this is the fault of the ATS

Thanks for taking the time to provide this great review. We're glad to hear you're enjoying the platform and that it is saving you time!