6Storage Logo

Suggested alternatives

yardi-breeze
storedge
self-storage-software

Their customer service is the best I have ever encountered. The 6Storage development team is extremely professional, highly motivated, and unbelievably responsive to customer needs.
The overall experience is great and would recommend anyone starting in the Self-Storage business. They fit the bill for businesses that are just starting and for scaling your business quickly.
A bit slow and some features are missing, such as privet customers pay tax and private customers dont. We have a selection of units only for customers, they should include tax.
It does not work well on my iPhone. But, I understood this when I signed up.
I have stopped paying multiple services (online accounting, electronic documents, SEO, and pay per click) since I started using 6Storage. I am saving money every month by being a 6Storage client.

JB

John B.

Client Review of 6Storage

10 out of 10

Pros

Easy to use software, runs it's self. Customer portal works great and auto payments flow well. Tech help is available via webchat if needed and is very fast to respond. Works well on Mac & Windows. Very pleased to have found this company.

Cons

Reservation registration & new enquiries logging. Doesn't export to Xero without fiddling with excel templates.

Hello John! Thanks much for your valuable ratings. We look forward to serve you better.

JB

Jessica B.

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 1-10 employees

Functional and affordable

My goal is to automate more payments and tenant correspondence. I would like customers to setup automatic monthly payments, and for invoices and late notices to be automatically sent as needed. I would also like gate access to be integrated and revoked when I tenant is late. 6Storage has helped me reach some of these goals, and we are working together to accomplish them all.

Pros

I love the price and the excellent customer service. The 6storage team is very responsive and thorough. The price is very competitive and the software seems to have much of the same functions as the competitors. The software is adaptable and the team seems happy to help with individual solutions for my specific needs. I still have not integrated with out gate system, but hope to soon.

Cons

I occasionally encounter bugs in the software. Usually minor issues that are resolved quickly, but they can be annoying when I don't have much time. I also found that some of the GUI is not as intuitive as I would have liked. There is more of a learning curve than I expected, but that is likely true for any software. I am only passively managing one facility and 6storage is quite sufficient for that. Some things were not as automated as I had hoped, but the team has helped me with that too.

Wow, I was amazed by your brief compliments on our software and thanks much for taking the time to list down your good and bad experiences. We do admit that there's a learning curve involved and that's why we offer exclusive support all the time to help you through that. And as you desire we always do aim to offer much more automation to the system for FREE all the time. You¿re the best, Jessica. Thank you again for sharing such a positive experience. It means the world to us.

ER

Elizabeth R.

Overall the program helps us with our basic needs for managing our storage facilities.

Pros

We love the site map feature where we can see all of the units laid out. We like the way you can use the suspended lease feature to keep up with tenants we have blocked out of our units. We also like that chat feature on the website, and always having someone there when we need them is helpful. The move in process is helpful and easy to use. It also is good with calculating how much prorated rent a new move-in needs to pay. We do love the customer service that we have been given.

Cons

There are several changes we would like to see made to better help us manage our storage facilities. In the Statements for each tenant, we would like payments and invoices to be organized by dates instead of "Invoice numbers." The system the way it is now, is extremely difficult not only for our company to follow, but tenants who come in requesting to view their statements have a hard time following...

JF

Jessica F.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

If excellent customer service and low cost are important to you, 6Storage is your answer!

Just purchased my first self storage facility In Dec 2018. I was unsure of what features I needed so I based my research on low cost options. This brought me to 6Storage. For one low monthly fee I could have a feature rich software that included a website, client portal, online payment options, No setup fees and 60 day free demo which is fully functional, no restrictions. I had to give them a try....

Pros

The best customer service I have ever experienced. They truly care about their customers.

Cons

Although this is not a problem, I would have to say that the setup for the 3rd party processing Took longer than expected, which was only about 3 or 4 days.

Jessica, thank you for your kind words! Braintree, a division of Paypal is being integrated to the software. And it's amazing you're making full use of the feature rich software. -TP

PF

Paul F.

Law Enforcement, 1-10 employees

62Bypass Mini/RV storage 6Storage rocks!

I searched for several weeks for a usable mini storage option and tried several top rated programs. I came across 6STORAGE after almost picking a company I wasn't really happy with. 6Storage gave me a fully working test drive at no cost for 60 days! I didn't even have it two weeks and was ready to purchase. If you are reading this please give this software a try or visit our site and I will be happy to answer questions for you. This software has made my life so much easier! Way to go 6Storage and Thank you for all your help! I'll be a long time customer~! Customer support is the super helpful and has help me with any problems I have had. Thank you!

Pros

The software is very easy to navigate and works great with my current setup. It is easy to add more units as your facility grows! The customer service is A+ there is always someone there to help you and no waiting on hold, just login and start a chat and if they can't answer the question you get a call back very quickly! The report section gives you detail reports about nearly every aspect of your business! Very affordable!

Cons

There are some TIMEZONE updates that need fixing, but rest assured they are being addressed! It would be nice to have an APP for your phone, but it still comes up, just a little hard to navigate.

MM

Matías M.

Warehousing, 1-10 employees

Good option if you are starting on the industry

6Storage allowed me to open my business within a week, we developed an online rental plugin for my website, and they did my payments integration almost on request. Support agents had very good service, but they were required more often than desirable due to glitches on the software.

Pros

All the basic functionalities for managing a self storage facilities are there. I especially liked the payment gateway integration with Stripe, the facility map, and having no problems with transactional emails. Also, the amount of support time I got was really high.

Cons

Missing multiple languages for tenants, meaning you can't for instance write different templates for english and spanish speaking tenants. I found better accounting reports lacking, and the email template editor was very basic.

Thank you for the descriptive comment Matias! We're bringing lot more enhancements to the email template editor and I believe this will meet your needs.

BC

Bob C.

Warehousing,

5 Stars is not enough!

6Storage.com has developed an incredibly useful tool for managing my self storage business. I own multiple locations in Ohio (USA) and my personal solution was failing. 6Storage.com provided a solution to all my issues. Their customer service is the best I have ever encountered. The 6Storage development team is extremely professional, highly motivated, and unbelievably responsive to customer needs!...

Pros

Customer Service! Simply the best service I have ever encountered. The 6Storage team is outstanding!

Cons

I didn't get it sooner! I lived without their solution since I started in the self storage business, and they have made my business so much better I wish I would have had them from the beginning!

Thanks for the extraordinary review Bob! Being a valued customer, you gave us outstanding support, review, suggestions and the complete love towards the product. We would like to convey our Gratitude at this moment. Thanks!

ZO

Zelda O.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

6storage hands down has the most superior support of any software that I have used!

Tracking tenants, who is in what space... and collections who owes what... which also always consistent posting of monthly rents and late fees.. The support allows me to get answers immediately no matter what time of day or which day I happen to need them. All around we are so thankful that we choose 6storage to be our property management program!!

Pros

The ease of use, and how helpful it is for me in my daily tasks. For our company it has allowed us to get complete organization with our tenants, via tracking, communications, deposits just 100% is truly a blessing to us!! Besides the wonderful user friendly software the support has been unbelievable. They held our hands during set up, and have to continued to graciously help us with ANY questions or concerned that we have. We can not say enough positive words in regards to 6storage.

Cons

The only thing that would work better for us is if a tenants email is originally set up with some type of mistake we do not get a notice of returned email allowing us to correct our mistake and resend until a tenant brings it to our attention. It would be nice if there was some type of failure notice.

Thanks much Zelda for your lovely note. I so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on the software and our team. We are happy to say that we just launched a new feature, where you could track all emails that you send to your tenants. That's right "Email Activity" helps you understand if the mail was delivered, opened, bounced and much more; Hoping this helps you best!

CL

Connie L.

1-10 employees

The experience has been amazing. I was so worried about changing software, I put it off for 2 years.

Less time consumed doing my daily work. Keeping things basic with everything you need to know about your tenants all in one place. Less paper, less ink and no more files, file cabinet and all of that filing. It will eventually make my days run smoother and I hopefully will get close to 98% occupancy. I am also looking forward to generating more income for my owner by having more time to do other things in my office.

Pros

It has been designed for my needs. For a small facility that had become a major pain. It's easy to operate, easy to learn and I can't say enough about the support. They are the best. I have only used 2 types of software in the 25 years of working in this industry, however, I have tried out about a dozen or so demos and nothing compares to 6Storage. I have never felt like I was alone to figure out things on my own. I am very eager to learn it all, but it does feel nice to know if I have an issue, someone is always there. A most help- full guide through this journey of the "internet based" software world. I am eternally grateful. Thank you for your patience, your kindness and your willingness to make my work load easier.

Cons

Thank you so much for your kind words, Connie. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with 6Storage. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you.

RP

Rune P.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 10,001+ employees

Reliable and flexible Self Storage software

Our overall experience is very good. The flexibility and focus on customer service stands out as a huge advantage in choosing 6Storage.

Pros

The product is very easy to use and supports all the functionality we need. 6Storage helped us build an integration to an access control system enabling us to run sites unmanned which was a high priority for us.

Cons

At first some reports was missing for integration with our finance but 6Storage showed great flexibility and helped us customize the reports we needed.

Thanks for the awesome review, Rune! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we are happy to hear we hit the mark for you. We would love to continue providing great service to awesome clients like you.

IM

Ian M.

Warehousing, self-employed

6 Storage

My overall experience has been great with 6 Storage.

Pros

the team is constantly adding features. Support is very responsive and can step you through how to do things when you are stuck. I have found that even the more difficult issues have been resolved within a business day. Support hours are fantastic. It seems there is always someone available in Chat. Fully automated invoicing and credit card charges are great. The system attempts to charge every day until payment is made.

Cons

Initially it lacked gate support - that is now resolved. Would prefer that email (invoices etc) references to 6 storage

Thanks much for your valuable time in reviewing us and good to hear that you're pretty happy with our 24/7 support, automated invoice & payment system. We always value our customer needs. Brought more integrations and a lot more on our road map.

RW

Rebekah W.

Great Software

Great experience! The team made the onboarding process super easy. If I had any questions, they responded within minutes!

Pros

24/7 website access, simple straightforward way to setup unit and add tenants

Cons

Texting setup, 3rd party company was a little more complicated to setup

KB

Kelly B.

Great system

A great system that can easily be adapted to various languages. An easy to use system with many features, and reports. Great customer support.

Pros

Customer support is great. Customisation of the software is easy. The system can be translated into various languages. The system is easy to use, easy to understand. Easy to setup, make changes and edit units. The price for the software is really great.

Cons

I am missing a few features, however the developers are continually upgrading and improving the system.

II

Isak I.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Intuitive and user frendly, high service level and ability to customize integrations

Pros

The program is very easy to use for both the customer service team as for the management. 6Storage has a highly skilled service and development team that helps us integrate other products and create a fully automatic system to run our business.

Cons

There are a lot of standard reports and the team help us create if we need different reports or changes, but the ability to create reports on our own would be great.

Hello Isak! Thanks much for your ratings. Will make sure to work on this custom reports, in the upcoming days considering your feedback.

PL

Phillip L.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Excellent online support, the best I hav experienced in 20 years of online development, Fair Dinkum.

A simple, low cost and efficient way to manage self storage business operations, with first class online support.

Pros

Comprehensive, very functional and directly fulfills the needs of self storage operators. More feature and system updates all the time. Fast and easy to learn the management, Gold standard going Platinum.

Cons

Too insignificant to bother mentioning.

Thanks much Phill for your support for us from the start, It was an awesome experience working with a tech-savvy as yourself. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you and believe in having your support for many years to come.

SW

Steve W.

Packaging and Containers, self-employed

As I said it is good to keep track of things

Pros

Easy to use, ideal for keeping track of things. Good selection of uses

Cons

If an email is already registered on the system it will not let you enter it on another rental unit, I have to contact your people to change it for me.

Thanks for the review, Steve.

kB

katie B.

Warehousing, self-employed

Great Service and Product

6Storage has helped me to be able to manage my self storage business at the click of a button and has made my life easier and more organized!

Pros

Being new to the self storage industry and need to create a website and platform that could handle it, 6storage was incredible to work with. They were helpful in explaining every step of the process and getting me trained to be able to use the system effectively.

Cons

I don't have any complaints! Everyone has been super helpful and accomodating

LD

Lucia D.

6storage

I only used for six months, but is so easy to learn and support was there for me any for any question, they were really professional and so kind when I called them more than one with the same problem, they make a job really easy since I was new on the storage business.

Pros

Easy access and very user friendly, the comments to communicate with other team members, and the fact that I was able to load documents is great.

Cons

Go back keys some times did not work in the way that they supposed to work. ( minimum impact on my day to day tasks)

Thanks for the comment, Lucia. It was great having you for those 6 months while you were in charge of the facility. We're also glad the new facility manager is having a good time with us!

SS

Steven S.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1-10 employees

6 Storage review

good

Pros

It grows and develops for your needs as your business does

Cons

not enough time to design and integrate with our website eg just able to click a link on our website takes you onto a storage ordering page

Thank you for the positive review, Steven.

BL

Brian L.

Real Estate, self-employed

For the price this is the best software you can buy to manage storage units. Very impressive.

It simplifies the management of our hundreds of storage units.

Pros

Simplicity of being able to manage our storage units with one software package. The customer support is also second to none.

Cons

I have no complaints at this time as each time I have contact the company about issues with the software they have corrected the issues.

Thanks for the awesome review, Brian! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we¿re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. We've always welcomed open suggestions and thoughts from clients as it's been proved to work out the best for our entire clientele. We¿d love to continue providing great service to awesome clients like you.

VR

Vegard R.

Real Estate, self-employed

We are very happy with the 6storage software

It has been a good experience so far, and i have no doubt that that will continue.

Pros

Its very easy to use, and the customer support has been great. We did some modifications with the help of the 6storage team that turned out great.

Cons

There are some minor things that I am sure will be added in a not to distant future. Examples of such things are dynamic pricing, the ability to track marketing activities (track use of promocodes).

JR

Jamie R.

Great software

As the owner of the facility it definitely helps with daily operations.

Pros

They have fantastic customer support! Get back to you within minutes to help with any questions.

Cons

Was a little bit of work to set up but definitely worth it!

AP

Allan P.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

So glad I've found this, easy to use and great backup, very good value and professional!

Peace of mind, I can now manage my business and let 6Storage take care of most of the admin!

Pros

What I like most about 6Storage is the easy to use design, the support and reasonable cost. Nothing seems to be much trouble when I contact through Live Chat and 6Storage answer within a minute!

Cons

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Allan. we're proud to have one of the most responsive support team in the industry. We strive to give out the best to Storage Community .

PK

Peter K.

New Owner/ Operator!

Pros

I like the clarity within the reporting. It was also important to me that I had one software that handled everything under one roof - and integrated any outside services.

Cons

I currently have no complaints. I am excited to see the additional integration plugins they add down the road.

TT

Tormod T.

Warehousing, 1-10 employees

Great functionality and best customer service on the planet

Best customer service on the planet. Quick respons 24 hours.

Pros

Easy set up and very little training needed. Complete concept for our business. No additional software needed.

Cons

No cons really! We are using the system 100%.

We're glad you're making 100% use of our software. Thank you for the positive response Tormod!