ArboStar Logo

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.43/10

Reviews by rating

This has lead to profit increase and more satisfied clients. In addition, the support team is easily accessible and helpful to answer any initial questions i had.
User friendly which I appreciate, if I ever need support they are incredibly receptive and adapt to my skill level, I like that it is customizable to my industry, other software I found was not.
It was the worst news to a very anticipated update.
Terrible inventory system (unusable). The proposal function is completely mismatched from a typical proposal setup.

OH

Oliver H.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

My experience with ArboStar

My experience was and is very positive from demos to implementation to ongoing support and new feature requests. So thanks to the ArboStar and everyone in your team. I'm looking forward to the new features from the quarterly release! I think what I like the most about ArboStar is that its constantly evolving and improving and that I myself can request new features and in a few months can see them live in my system.

Pros

I've been in tree care industry for about 10 years now. Started from the bottom I opened up my business torontoarborist.ca 7 years ago. After struggling with pen and paper approach for a couple of years and with constant growth I realized that it's time to look for something more advanced. I had demos with a number of different software systems, some specific to tree industry some general but I couldn't...

Cons

There is an app and a full web version of ArboStar. APP Is great because of the simplicity, speed and offline mode. ( I can do all the estimates even if there is no reception on my phone) but the app functionality is limited and for more serious tasks like newsletters mass emails, scheduling or finance module I still need to use the web version.

SD

SERGIO D.

ArboStar business management platform

Overall very happy user. Thank you!

Pros

I used ArboStar for over three years. Basically it was backbone of our business. We did everything there from payroll and accounting to estimating and invoicing. Features that I loved the most was communication, inbuily IP phone. All the communication with clients was done through computer ArboStar chrome extension. Incoming calls, outgoing calls, sms, followups, everything was Smooth and I could do the work from home or on mobile. Very convenient. Man hour return tracking function was great as I could easily see who's bringing there most money to the company. ArboStar was basically the only soft we used to manage multimillion business and it was very impressive.

Cons

Nothing really, If there were some bugs I could just call the support and they would be fixed ASAP. Never lost even one production day on ArboStar. Only thing I can think of for improvement is checks printing. Would be cool to be able to print checks for paying subcontractors invoices right from the system.

PB

Patrick B.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Work in Progress with good potential

I think that needs a lot more work, but has good potential

Pros

Integrates CRM functionality fairly well for a Tree Service software. This is missing from most of other competitors.

DL

Derek L.

Best Arborist Software

Pros

I used Arbostar for over a year. The features that I loved most was how easy it is to create detailed estimates with pictures and project schemes and how detailed pricing calculator they had. I can calculate work price based on target man hour return rates or based on the cost of the equipment that I need to do the work and personnel that is required to do the work. Automatic following up was a great features and it helped me improve my confirmation rates significantly. Lastly every day i used sales leaderboard feature to compare real time confirmation rates and other statistical numbers vs other estimators in the company. Overall, very happy with the product.

Cons

When i started using the Arbostar, app lacked offline mode functionality meaning that if I was on site creating estimate and there were no reception I couldn't send it out. This was fixed with later released though. Now, If my tablet doesn't have internet, all the info is still saved in drafts and estimates do get send out once I have reception again.

MD

Mira D.

Review for ArboStar

Pros

I did all my work on ArboStar. Used it to access clients information, make tree inventories, arborist reports, estimates and so on. What I liked the most is how easy it was to start using the system. It's basically self explanatory. My college showed me how to use it for half a day and I was able to do all my work on it after. I didn't use all the features as my role was more on the estimating side but whatever I did use worked fast and really made my job easier.

Cons

As an estimator I used app a lot in the field. When the client wants to confirm the job, there is an option on the app to add a signature but if the client doesn't want to sign I couldn't confirm the job unless I sign it myself instead of the client. Especially now with the Covid and social distancing some clients didn't want to come close or hold devices. Would be cool to add digital signing option through the email or something like this.

JH

Jason H.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Arbostar: New and Exciting with a Bright Future

It feels like we are growing up together with Arbostar. We look forward to each and every update, because this product has great "bones" but it has so much more room for growth. Being able to follow all of our customers has been so critical, and the reports that took us hours now are readily available instantly! So much good, but the product functionality and features are buggy and cause frequent minor work disruptions. And I cannot express enough how much I hate the PDF/how the PDF displays optional line items.

Pros

We are finally able to get critical metrics and follow up on client's in a way we were never able to before! This has boosted revenues and increased client loyalty. Seriously, bravo!

Cons

The thing I like the least about Arbostar is the PDF provided to customers. They frequently get confused by the optional line items and almost never follow the link so they do not know that the option is "unselected". Shading it out looks BAD. It was the worst news to a very anticipated update.

MS

Michelle S.

Best Software for Tree Industry

You may program the system on how frequent the follow-ups through phone, email and text messaging too. The feature I like the most is the integrated IP phone. As soon as I am logged in, I am ready to start and accept calls. The only thing I need is a computer with a handset. That's it. I can easily work from home and with this coronavirus COVID19 when we can't go to the office it's really handy! I...

Pros

I have been a customer service manager for a tree company for about 6 years and I have several experiences with different kinds of software. Before switching to ArboStar, we used a pen and paper, then we used google spreadsheets than ArborGold for a few years but with our company rapidly growing, it just didn't have enough features so we were shopping around for a more advanced all-in-one type of software....

Cons

Everything is great! It looks so professional.

SA

Stephanie A.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Great software

I have streamlined our back end of the business with Arbostar. I no longer misplace estimates or forget when a customer signed up for service. With Arbostar a client can sign and send back the estimate with ease on the computer. I can keep track of how many days its been since the the estimate and since the customer signed up. I can add notes and the client can add notes as well. The feature to add pictures, files like permits and tax exempt forms is also an asset. It allows me to keep all the necessary docs in one place. Overall Arbostar has helped our business tremendously.

Pros

Integrating my business into this software was super easy. I gave them access to my quickbooks and they were able to link to Arbostar with no problem. All my clients profiles transferred and it was seamless

Cons

The only con I feel is the fact that as an admin I cannot see all the schedules on the app. The app is very helpful but I need to be logged in as my estimator in order to see his schedule.

SR

Stacy R.

ArboStar review

ArboStar has completely changed our daily business practices for the better! Support team very helpful and open to feature recommendations, etc.

Pros

New and improved features continuously implemented. Ease of use, many many great featues and reports in which our entire team uses daily and we each benefit from.

Cons

Not all features are usuable via the phone app. Can not yet invoice for partial amounts. Can not see partially paid invoices on reporting.

JT

Jane T.

Navigating the Multifaceted World of Tree Care with ArboStar

Pros

ArboStar has remarkably streamlined our tree care business, ensuring that from client relationship management to executing operational tasks, everything flows seamlessly. The integrated IP phone system and dynamic scheduling features have notably improved our communication and job allocation.

Cons

The initial period of integrating ArboStar required a structured and somewhat intensive training period for our staff. Overall: ArboStar is not merely a tool; it’s a comprehensive ally, addressing every tiny to significant aspect of tree care businesses, ensuring both smooth internal and client-facing operations.

OR

Olga R.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

ArboStar

I have been using the ArboStar system for about 6 years. My main tasks at the Tree Doctors are scheduling/overseeing production crews, payroll and calculations of profitability. My overall experience with ArboStar is very positive as it makes my job much easier. In a very fast-paced environment, it helps you manage your day to day tasks with minimal effort. It’s easy to keep track of payroll as...

Pros

This software is very user-friendly and all the modules are easy to view and operate. The system is almost self-explanatory. If you miss an entry or make a mistake the system prompts you to correct it showing exactly where the mistake is. The scheduling platform is absolutely fantastic in terms of logistics. You can view all confirmed projects on a map and schedule them based on location and crew requirements as all the details are shown on the map in a little bubble. The system allows for a live lead display. As soon as the customer calls in the information appears on the estimator map. Each lead can be customized as an emergency, priority, regular or existing client marked with a different colour for optimal response time.

Cons

The mobile app does not have all the features available on the desktop. As I work in the office, this does not really affect me. The app is used by our field crews (production and estimators) and meets all their needs while away from the office. Once in a while, you get little glitches but the support team is always quick in resolving any technical issues.

SG

Shane G.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

ArboStar’s service is our competitive advantage

ArboStar has been a big part of what I enjoy about working for Tree Doctors. It makes my job easier by reducing planning time, improving the level of personalized service I can offer, and enhancing our team’s ability to set goals. We have a great relationship with their customer service team, which has led to helpful system tweaks and updates. ArboStar is a great service if you operate a tree care business and want a competitive advantage.

Pros

ArboStar keeps amazing client records. In a single year I might engage with about 2000 existing and prospective tree care clients and I want to make each of them feel important. The smart search feature in ArboStar allows me to recall client records live, review previous services, connect to client emails and photos of their property. I can even listen to recorded phone conversations. Clients continually comment on the personalized service I’m able to offer and this is largely thanks to ArboStar!

Cons

ArboStar keeps advanced sales and performance stats that are incredibly useful for team goal setting. It’s a big part of what allows our company to continue growing. But we want stats! We’ve been in touch with the ArboStar customer service team to provide advanced statistics that include individual service areas. We’d like to know how much of our revenue comes from stump grinding, liquid services, general pruning, consulting, etc. I hope these features are forthcoming. We have had good luck in the past requesting updates from ArboStar so fingers crossed!

AH

Adam H.

Arbostar Review

I have been an estimator for Tree Doctors for 4 years. Before I was an estimator, I was a crew leader and a driver also for Tree Doctors. The transition between fieldwork and office work was quite easy as the system is pretty straight forward. Even though I am not very computer savvy, I was not intimidated by the change. I learned how to operate the program within a few short days on the road.

Pros

What I like most about the system is that I am able to do all my work on the road. The new leads display right away and if I am in the area I can be at the customer’s house almost immediately. You will not believe how many times we hear “ You are here already?, I just sent the request. I will hire you just based on your efficiency.” Since all the leads are pinned on the leads map it is easy for...

Cons

The odd time you get a small glitch, but I can contact the support and everything is fixed.

JC

Jessica C.

ArboStar experience so far

ArboStar is very helpful for keeping everyone's calendars looking clean and comprehensive. It is also nice to refer to past activity on a client profile, or make note of duplicate information for bookkeeping's sake.

Pros

I find ArboStar to be very user-friendly. While it has its quirks, I think it's easily learned from any background. I appreciate some of the comprehensive aspects as well, such as recognizing duplicate entries and anticipating data entry.

Cons

ArboStar has some persistent glitches that I do have to fight with every day. While I report on these somewhat regularly, they don't seem to stop so I'm not sure the best avenues for addressing issues.

MC

Miguel C.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Versitile: works perfect on the go, all the tools available in my tablet.

It has been overall a great experience, has really facilitated my job, not only it is easier now but I am been more effective and efficient since I can send my estimates faster than my competitors without sacrificing quality and details on my estimates, with a map and photos of the service explaining everything. I have noticed these details on my estimates set the correct expectations both for the client and the crew members having almost no complaints from customers and really complete instruction for the crew that will perform the service.

Pros

It is tough to say since there are many features I like about it. The scheme map would be on the top of the list, also the ability to choose to customize every single detail on my estimates while still on the property (Crew members, equipment, hours, expenses.. everything). the fact that I can send estimates with really detailed info, take photos and upload them into my estimate on site. I guess there are many features I like about it.

Cons

I would like to see in the future a voice recording so I can keep a record of all the details the client tells me on site. I guess that's coming in the future.

BF

Brendan F.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

It's helped out business since day 1

Terrific support and friendly staff

Pros

Professional, consistent, easy to use. I'm able to reduce time sunk into each job and it helps me stay organized.

Cons

Unfortunately everything has a cost. Maybe there could be some opportunities to customize more features in the app.

FO

Flavia O.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

A gamechanger for making data driven decisions for your business with room to improve

Overall I'm really pleased with how far we've come in the nearly year we've signed on board. I have a lot of confidence in the data, ease of reporting and scheduling. It's absolutely been a game changer to have the level of visibility day to day that is very transparent.

Pros

The reporting and data available in real time is the best aspect of this platform. I know in real time the revenue, the acceptance rate, where clients are at in their journey with us alongside real time profitability of each project. I cannot ever go back to the way we did things before.

Cons

The integration wasn't the easiest. The biggest issue was the sync with Quickbooks. Nobody really advised me not to delete past service items, etc. Now we are dealing with huge synccing issues for something I could have avoided when I was auditing my service list.

MB

Madison B.

user experience

Great platform. It lets me show up to any prospective leads, talk to the homeowner, and after investigating the property I simply type things like job size and type, equipment needed, etc., and the app gives me a fully calculated estimate right then and there. No guesswork required. Man-hour-rates, equipment fees, and all that were entered in when we got the app, and now it's just a matter of checking boxes for every job. Of course, we can add or subtract prices as we see fit, as well.

Pros

Makes my life easy. I can get more estimates done per day, instead of trying to remember and calculate the cost of a 2-man, 3-day job, plus equipment and taxes.

Cons

The initial prices do need to be imputed ahead of time, which only makes sense, and after that you're good to go for however many estimates your company needs. So I don't know if spending a bit of time at the start to save hundreds of hours of time in the future is a con, but it's all I can think of.

OF

Olga F.

Machinery, 1-10 employees

Excellent choice

Excellent,very recommended,easy to use ,100% beneficial for business management.

Pros

I used to work as a general manager in Tree Doctor company for more than 2 years and this software was amazing to work with.Very complete and easy to use.All in one and without it my work was really hard before.It help you to build clients base quick with all important info. Efficiency of my work is way higher with this software.Total control of the office processes.It help to coordinate,organize and improve your business.

Cons

nothing to say,I honestly liked everything and have no complains

CN

Claude N.

My experience

I've been in the tree care business for over 30 years now and have used many different service platforms. I found ArboStar to be exactly what my tree care business needs. From streamlining the business process to ease of use, this software is so much better than the ones I've used in the past. Everything just makes so much more sense with this app. For example, the financial records of my company are stored in the cloud and are synced with Quickbooks immediately, which definitely gives me peace of mind. I absolutely love it and would definitely recommend ArboStar to other businesses.

Pros

This platform helps us automate tasks like estimation and invoicing which would otherwise be very time-consuming. It also provides us with sales and marketing reports, which play a huge role in the future of our company.

Cons

My only complaint is that I found the mobile app for ArboStar a bit lacking in terms of features, but this is something that's been improved over the past few months.

CP

Charlton P.

opinion about ArboStar

Would I go back to how I used to do things? I couldn't dream of it. That alone, for me anyway, says it all.

Pros

This platform is absolutely phenomenal at automating tasks. That alone has been a game changer, but that's 1% of what this app offers. There's not enough space on this form to detail even a fraction of its features. If you want a true "do it all" app, this is it.

Cons

I had to train the team on the ins and outs, but the platform is surprisingly intuitive for how much information is jam-packed in there.

NV

Naya V.

my personal impression about ArboStar

Providing customer support is my job, and this app helps me do that a lot easier and more efficiently than before. But our whole team uses ArboStar, and there seems to be features for every team member, but I can only comment on the features I've used.

Pros

ArboStar has been very helpful at dealing with clients. It comes with an advanced ticketing system, automated SMS and email messages, and the ability to track issues by priority or convenience. Makes my job a lot easier.

Cons

Had a couple of quirks (our company got on early), but the ArboStar team sorted them out very quickly.

GG

Glen G.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

A fantastic advantage

At first, there was a learning curve with all of the available features but any time you have an issue, one phone call to the support team resolves it quickly. This can be a tremendous advantage over the competition.

Pros

This app gets you out to the client quickly and allows you to send or even confirm a job right on the spot. The estimate is sent by email, with no more estimates in the mailbox. Very professional appearance. Built-in GPS gets you to the job. The ability to attach edited photos to describe the scope of work. This whole system makes it easy to quote jobs quickly, and plan your work.

Cons

As with anything new, it takes a little time to learn the features, but it is easy to navigate.

JS

Jenny S.

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Bridging the Operational Gap with ArboStar

ArboStar elevates our business operations by bridging the gap between complex tasks and streamlined solutions.

Pros

ArboStar, with its vast feature set, has provided us with an all-encompassing platform that caters to every client and operational need. From detailed tree mapping to invoicing, the platform stands out in managing myriad aspects with ease.

Cons

The mobile application could be enhanced with a few more features available on the desktop version.

AB

Abraham B.

My own impression

Get this app if you run a tree-care business. You'll thank me later.

Pros

I love that I can see an at-a -glance view of how my business is doing over the day, week, month, quarter, or year. I can get sales reports, create estimates, auto-send invoices… the list of features is virtually endless.

Cons

Not a negative thing, but with so many features, the learning curve can be a bit steep. It's easy to do the basic things, but if you want to master everything ArboStar has to offer, it's going to take some getting used to.