All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Gingr Reviews

Pros

We try to offer our clients the best of everything and when it came to Gingr we knew it was an investment we would see a return on. Our clients love how simple, clean and accessible the software is.

Katie J.

Read the full review
GINGR has made owning and operating our business a pleasure. The GINGR folks are always available and responsive to our questions and needs WITHOUT charging for the customer support, kudos.

Bob C.

Read the full review
We are satisfied overall with Gingr and only have a few things (mentioned above) that we would love to see changed to help things run more smoothly here.

Elora S.

Read the full review

Cons

My less tech savvy customers will sometimes complain that they are unable to do something, so I will have to show them or keep doing it for them in the future.

John P.

Tracy M.

Read the full review
After introducing myself and business name/ 30 min into chat the rep from Gingr asks me what company Im with. Real problem solving should not be done by chat so this part of Gingr is horrible.

Laura T.

Read the full review

It has given us the extra time needed to run the office more efficiently

Extra time to spend with clients and boarding pets, staff love the reports, owner loves the wealth of detail the reports give us for all aspects of the business from occupancy count to grooming details. Clients love the fact they no longer have to wait for the office to open and can make reservations 24/7 as well as confirm and make payments on line anytime.

Pros

It gives us more time to spend with the pets in our care and to provide more details to clients. Clients love the fact that they don't have to wait for office hours to request boarding or grooming, especially on the weekend when we have short office hours. Also they love the deposit program since they no longer receive letters or mail payments!!

Cons

It is difficult to learn software over the internet but since I had an assistant who was able to help it worked out fine but I wouldn't want to do it alone. However the support team was awesome and had patience and wisdom in handling new owners

Booking is a breeze

It makes everything at work so easy being able to do everything from check-in, check-out, staff scheduling, and staff notifications.

Pros

I love how easy this booking system is for everything in the Pet Industry that we use it for. Makes Booking Grooming appointments so easy and efficient, the detailed profile notes and icons it allows for are great, along with the customizable colors. This is also great for Daycare check-ins with the Quick check in option.

Cons

The only issue I have is when manually adding time based Appointment slots for Specialists sometimes it adds dozens of random times along with the ones created. And they don't go away unless we delete and recreate the Appointments all over again, and sometimes not even that works, so we just work around it.

Don’t do it

I’m beyond disappointed and frustrated.

Pros

User friendly, when we switched to this software the creators that also work in our industry were the owners. They were wonderful, then it got sold-twice.

Cons

The current owners are a credit card processing company and all they care about is cashing in on their fees. They have no empathy for business owners in our industry and they are failing fast. The software neglected to deduct credits off of packages for 2 days last month costing their clients thousands, anytime someone would post about this in their Facebook group it was deleted. How shady can you get?

Hi Meredith. Thank you for the review. We are sorry Gingr wasn't the right fit for you personally. 1st, to address a few facts: (1) Gingr was sold (once) to Togetherwork (TW), an independent holding company of niche software companies like Gingr. TW is not a credit card processing company. Our primary founder and developer stayed, as have most of us. While TW is mostly hands off, they do provide...

Great software for the pet industry

Great people, and great software

Pros

Designed with bootstrap so easy browsing on Mobile, tablets, and Desktops

Cons

Some of the layout is too cluttered, and some features are lacking

Thank you for your review Dustin! While we 'bootstrapped' early stage, we now have a full team of developers and product leads. Gingr is mobile-friendly, for easy use on different screen sizes. Thank you for your 'thumbs up', and let us know what features you would like us to add!

Everything you need for boarding, daycare, grooming and training

From my first outreach to them, through set up and initial use to daily use - GINGR has met or exceeded our expectations.

Pros

GINGR is packed with great features. I love the “Report Card” feature that allows us to keep our pet parents informed and entertained with daily photos and pictures of their pets playing and having fun. I also love the array of marketing tools. GINGR’s operating tools - dashboard, calendars, service schedules - are easy to use and reliable. Customer self service has been a great efficiency and communication tool. Set up was remarkably easy. Customer support (primarily through chat and email) is client friendly and knowledgeable. They constantly add great new features like the employee training tool! It’s great.

Cons

I love that GINGR is constantly upgrading its offerings. The reporting tool is a little basic and ad hoc reports aren’t very intuitive. That said, they add new features regularly. I also wish it had an interface with Quickbooks.

Keep It Up Gingr!

This has made our facility run so much more smooth - from everything involving staff management (clock-in, clock-out, timesheets, schedules), to running reports on everything. We also use the retail feature quite often. We know our clients are quite fond of being able to "log in" at any time to request reservations and/or appointments, and being able to purchase retail and package options. We have already used three other software organizations, so we are still fairly new to Gingr and are still getting used to some of the features. However, we are sticking with this one!

Pros

I LOVE how easy it is to use. All of my employees learned really quickly - and there are so many features. Our clients really like the report cards, and the kennel/run cards are nice for busy facilities.

Cons

I dislike that it does not integrate with QuickBooks, as of right now. Also, under the report cards function - it would be wonderful if the dogs would link to each other in the "friends/playmates" section, so you don't have to enter it a million times. This would make this feature run so much quicker.

Everything you need for your business!!

Pros

I have been using Gingr since it first began! My past two employers used it in their business so when it came time for me to choose a software for my new grooming business, there wasn’t even a question! I loved how easy it Is to use and train staff on. It makes communicating with clients so simple. All of the reports are useful. And I love that you can customize it to what fits your business!

Cons

There really isn’t anything I don’t like. There are so many improvements and enhancements in a regular basis, I think you all do a great job of listening to your customers and giving us what we need.

A lot to learn!

I like it so far. I have tried everything from 123pet to mogeo and in between. It’s good for a large business with two locations, so that if a client goes to the other location and then comes to ours, I can see what the dog had done last time.

Pros

It is very good for the daycare aspect of the pet business! Being able to have the customers fill out everything on their side is easy so they can do it from home.

Cons

It is very confusing to learn. There are multiple ways to get to what your trying to do. I would say it could be a little more user friendly. I wish you could see what they paid last time easier. It’s very confusing with the payment side of things.

Great software and customer service

So so very happy. I'm a hands on learner and mostly prefer to find things out on my own, but when I do have a question, you guys are right there to help. The software is pretty intuitive and I find it easy to use and figure out. I just love a recommend this to everyone.

Pros

Spot on and speedy customer service. After coming from K9 Bytes, this was a HUGE deal for me.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything for this. I've had extensive hands on with K9 Bytes, 123Pet, PetExec, and Paw Loyalty in other facilities and this wins, hands down.

Simply the Best

Simply amazing. We tried out many software programs and selected Gingr because of the support and constant updates!

Pros

I can't say enough great things about Gingr. The support is hands down amazing and is very responsive to feedback. The software is very easy to customize and has many great features. All dog daycares run differently, and the folks at Gingr have addressed that. It is almost like having custom software at a fraction of the cost.

Cons

There are always things I would do differently, but they are all minor and there are easy work arounds!

An EXCELLENT Decision - Gingr Continue to Impress Me!

I love how I can keep a good eye on everything that's happening within our facility from wherever I am. With the tools in Gingr we've restructured our daycare rates and packages and have seen an overall increase of 25% in daycare revenues. It's a tighter system than the one we had before, and revenues don't fall through the cracks as with the old system. It's so easy to customize in so many ways. The manner in which they strive to add additional features and make existing ones even more usable continues to impress me. Built in communication tools are everywhere so that all the information is readily available for whoever needs access to it. It's state of the art and they strive to keep it so.

Pros

This is so much more than just a reservation and POS system. It's a very comprehensive program that facilitates excellent communication, organization, and streamlines processes. If they haven't thought of it yet, they likely will, as they continue to add features as fast as they can think of and integrate them within the program. I was skeptical at first about tech support being entirely online, and that's proven to work very well. They excel at customer service and have been very responsive to the handful of requests I've made for features. The integrated tip feature has increased employee tips tenfold to the point they're a significant contribution to our employee's paychecks.

Cons

The financials took a little getting used to, and their integration with QBO is taking awhile. I understand that though and appreciate their position of wanting to be certain they do it well. I've had experiences with other programs that integrate poorly and leave messes to clean up. It's worth waiting if it's done well. I don't like how their credit card processing rates are set up. They will match...

Gingr from day one

Overall, it has been a positive experience and I can say that as an early adopter of the software before it was improved to where it is now. Yes, there was growing pains, but the support team helped us through every issue until we rarely need to ask for help. There is also a vibrant community on FB. What I would like that I haven't seen is a way to see how other businesses are using Gingr. Some way to snapshot other peoples' processes to see if we could improve ours.

Pros

- the people behind the product are very responsive, especially the support team. Chat support has answered every question we have ever posed and on many occasions have gone above and beyond by following up with additional information and support after the initial contact - the software has a good amount of flexibility and customization to tailor it to the business rather than change business procedures to adapt to the software - frequent updates and improvements to the software - good knowledge base with lots of video reference. In fact, on many occasions the great support team has made custom videos to show me how to do something

Cons

- would like a bit more flexibility in customizing reports - client portal needs a bit more work, but there is a webinar next week, so that might be improved - would also like some customization control for run cards - not sure if this is a pro or con, but there are many features that we do not use in Gingr and still have enough to run a busy business. I expect other businesses use some features we don't but not all the ones we do. Bottom line is that with that much to offer there are a lot of features you can use to adapt Gingr to your specific business needs

Searching for clients, tip report

Fantastic system is great to work with easy to search, everything's in front of you I love how you can put employee notes I love how we can put incident reports I love how we can upload pictures I think your is system is awesome overall I give it a big fat 10 hands down the best if I could give you better than a 10 I would please work on the tips.

Pros

Ginger is fantastic for searching for clients it's a great system we have now been using it for 2 years we deal with a 150 dogs on a daily basis it always run smoothly it's easy for the customers with check outs to have their cards on file was fantastic they're not fumbling for their card anymore or running outside to get their credit card there's so many good features about Ginger I'm really not sure which ones to touch bases on, I thank you guys for an awesome system. Keep up the great work Thank You for everything.

Cons

The one feature I don't like about gingr is the tips we cannot separate tips to each individual I think Ginger should have a drop down Box That has a link with groomers names, and each of the dog trainers so that at the end of the 2 week payroll we don't have to go over all the tips and figure out who gets what? If you go to one of your competitors it's called kennel suite they have that feature that works really well that is the only thing that I'm not happy with on your system other than that it is fantastic. Again thank you very much for everything and have a Happy New Year.

Not worth the price.

All the work and stress I put into it was not worth the product that we have now. The set up has been labor intensive and has not made things any easier than the software we were working with before. It has taken us over six months to get it up and running and have been told that there are things that our old (free) software did easily that GingR just can't do. When I reach out for support I frequently get conflicting information from different staff members. I honestly would have gone with Pet Exec if I had known.

Pros

Making boarding reservations is simple, the software keeps up with tracking vaccines, easy to add photos, returns are easy, the reports section is extensive, viewing lodgings is easy and helps for planning busy times.

Cons

Scheduling services can be difficult, software requires a lot of information from clients, special pricing/discounts for same family pets is very difficult, no phone assistance during set up or after, you can't adjust reservations once they're ended. Setting up took months as I am not a software designer and had no idea what I was doing. The whole time I really felt like I was on my own in setting everything up. Once we were set up there is no actual staff training - they just expect you to watch a video for everything. For the software to run the way its designed you need all teams in your business to be using computers/tablets all the time - not really ideal for people working with animals.

Thank you so much for your candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that the implementation process was difficult for you. We are always looking for ways to improve this process so we appreciate you sharing your thoughts here. Would it help if we were able to hop on a phone call to go through some of your concerns? With that, hopefully we can get some of these final items ironed out so that you're able to continue being successful using our product.

We can not say enough good things about Gingr! Best. Decision. Ever.!!!

Saved time and money immediately! Their customer service is outstanding! We absolutely LOVE Gingr!

Pros

Our favorite part of Gingr is the ease of use along with outstanding customer service! We switched software after 8 years in business and a customer base of over 6000. It was an extremely scary thought since we were using the same software since day one. The prep did not happen in a day by any means but I will say Gingr has it laid out extremely well in a step by step "to-do list" that made it fool...

Cons

I know there is usually a down side when switching software. I waited to write this review for 4 days so that I could come up with something that would be helpful to let a new potential client know if considering Gingr. We have now been using Gingr for 2 months and I can not think of one thing that I like least about this software.

Wonderful Custom Software For Our Insdustry

Originally we were a pen-and-paper business, and we were doing well. With Gingr we are able to do even better. I was surprised at how much more information we have about our clients, our business and so forth. The entire business is much more precise- we can set more accurate goals, predict more accurately our future revenue, and take reservations much further in advance. With online registration...

Pros

Being a browser-based tool makes using Gingr easy from any device. Because we don't need to install software, our computers are now Chromebooks which are much cheaper than a full laptop. I can check on the business from my phone, when I'm at home, on vacation or even just in an inconvenient area of the building. I also really like that you can easily send out a marketing email to targeted customers within the software- no need to fuss with Mailchimp when I can just shoot an email to whichever customer group I want to target (been to see us within 6 months, hasn't been in to see us in 6 months, new clients, older clients, etc).

Cons

There can be display issues at times that are mildly annoying- menus sometimes get in the way of the other parts of the site (a not-uncommon occurrence in newer web design I've found). Not enough to cause issues though.

Best Fit for our Business and so easy for staff to learn

It's been a great experience! Definitely worth the switch. I continue t look at other software options, just to stay on top of whats out there, and nothing ever comes as closed to meeting our needs the way Gingr does. Support is very quick to respond and is always a pleasure to deal with. I tend to bother them with questions on a regular bases but they are always there to answer them!

Pros

Our favorite aspect is the Multi-location set up. We have 2 locations located only 7 miles apart so we are constantly switching back and forth and handling reservations and both. The Shared database makes this so easy for our staff and clients - they can go back and forth between locations and only ever have to worry about updating their information one time.

Cons

There is very little flexibility with the invoicing set up, if an error is made, it usually needs fixed in a way that clutters the transaction list and can make it look more confusing. The software we used Prior to Gingr allowed us to make changes to a completed invoice, and those changes would then update the clients balance. For example, if we charged for an extra Peanut Butter Kong, we could go back and change the quantity, and then the clients file would reflect a credit for that amount. With Gingr, once an invoice is complete there is no making changes or adjustments. I'd prefer to be able to correct mistakes right within the invoice so it is easy to reference later.

Good software but read the cons

Pros

Easy set up Easy to navigate at times Results are easy to pull Since it’s web based it making it easier to use on any device Checking out can sometimes be easy Better than most doggie kennel softwares. Much better !!

Cons

Some updates are not needed and make things more difficult to do. When asking support why end of day is different on different days, they weren’t able to explain why. Features that were promised are now being told aren’t taking place Promises for new products coming out are not met When website is down not easy to find a number for contact

Thank you for your review Gisselle! We are pleased that you enjoy Gingr's speedy check out features! Yes, you may not need all of the new features we release, but these are always 'opt in'. Many customers do have special needs, which drives us to develop new features for them. Our uptime is 99.99% over the past 12 months - better than any pet-care software on the market. We have auto backups for your software, so be sure to know how to login to your back up in case of any (infrequent) downtime. Do let us know what features you are wanting that we have not released yet. There are many priorities among our broad customer base, but we do listen to what is your priority!

Amazing software and customer support!!

We are a boarding, daycare and veterinary facility. Up until now, we ran our boarding and daycare off of the animal hospital's software- which was not intended for large scale boarding or daycare. But we made it work for a few years... After traveling to a boarding and daycare conference, we were introduced to GIngr. They showed us what a true "boarding and daycare software" is really like. We were...

Pros

- It is customizable - Ease of daycare and boarding check-ins - Support and help is easily accessible - The fact that it is a cloud based software and I can access it at home and help staff if they are having problems - There is now a time-clock feature! - Email and SMS communication with clients - Easy training for staff - Tablet friendly - Clients can request and reserve reservations from home

Cons

- I look forward to the future possibility of owners being able to edit their pet's reservations and services from home

Scaleable and Intuitive

The free support team is great. We use them a LOT. We have been happy with out switch and hope that Gingr will continue to develop functionality in order to continuously support it's users as quickly as we are able to grow.

Pros

We switched to Gingr about a year ago from 123Pet. We had been using 123Pet since our company opened 10 years ago. Over 10 years we have expanded to 8 locations, and had begged 123Pet to keep up with our expanding company's needs. They could not. The switch to Gingr was daunting, but their customer service and support was excellent and we tackled it as a team. Gingr combines a central database, easy switching of locations in order to maximize bookings and lots of flexibility to customize how the software works to our business. They still have room to grow and functionality to develop but they are much closer to being able to support the size of our company than our previous software.

Cons

The services management component is excellent. The retail products management portion is still clunky, slow, and archaic. There are part of Gingr where you can update things for each location in one screen, but other functions (coupons, retail, pricing, etc) that you have to manage each location separately which is clunky.

Exactly the software we were looking for.

The software helps eliminate the hassle of managing all facets of the business, and keeps them all under one easy to use umbrella. It frees up staff time from having to field countless phone calls and answer emails. Extraordinary software that gives us confidence we aren't forgetting to feed or medicate dogs. I really can't say enough good things about this software. So glad we picked it to help us run our business.

Pros

The customization options this software allows are phenomenal. From schedules to pricing to additional services, there is a lot packed under the hood here. We love that you can use it on a desktop, tablet, or phone. The ability to do off-site private training and check in and check out, use customers credit cards on file, is perfect for our needs. Managing the day to day operations of daycare...

Cons

A little bit of a learning curve and it can be slightly intimidating to start, but the more you use it and get comfortable with it, it becomes second nature. Very intuitive once you get the flow of things.

Gingr saved us!

Our computer crashed and we lost almost everything! The program we were using to run our daycare, boarding, and grooming facility, was downloaded on to our computer as opposed to Gingr which is web based. We did have the other program set up to back itself up into the cloud however unfortunately the company did not set it up correctly and they basically told us there is nothing we can do to help you....

Pros

Ease of use, system interface, support site, it is set up to do so much for you.

Cons

Nothing they are constantly approving it and adding new features.

Pleasure To Use, Full of Features and Future Proof

I am co-owner of K9 Loft, a multi-location daycare, boarding, grooming and pet supply business in Los Angeles. I also handle the IT for K9 Loft. When it comes to POS software for this industry, I've tried it all and this is my takeaway: If you want to be stuck in the 90's and take your chances with a legacy product, there are dozens of options. But if you want a sleek, full-featured offering with...

Cons

Gingr has sent me into early retirement!

Prior to signing on with Gingr, I tried out and consulted with several software companies. For various reasons, none of the other programs were well suited for us. After speaking with sales from Gingr and having every question answered and every possible issue given a work around, I decided to sign on. It has been a HUGE deal for myself and my husband. It has basically put us into early retirement. The time we were spending on paperwork, Quickbooks Google Calendar, email, phone, and text was cut by at least 75%. The customer service/communication has been perfect...much better than any other company that I tested. We're going into our 3rd year with Gingr... It sounds silly, but I can honestly say that Gingr has changed my life for the better!

Pros

Easy sign up, Easy set up process with Gingr staff, Exemplary customer service, Excellent versatility (fits our unique services). I love that our cage-free, taxi and "one hour play trips with taxi" services still fit the software capabilities of Gingr.

Cons

It would be nice if some pages opened in new tabs, but that's such a minor thing that I'm sure they would fix if properly requested.

Great Product.

I have been doing my scheduling and invoicing the same way for 15 years. To say the least it was cumbersome and hard to teach. I used Kennel Connection ONLY for scheduling and then I used QuickBooks for invoicing. It was a lot of work and if you weren't careful you could easily make mistakes and have missed revenue. I was constantly double and triple checking EVERYTHING everyday and sometimes several...

Pros

I would have to say just about everything. My staff and I are absolutely thrilled with the Gingr software.

Cons

I thought during the set up of Gingr that when I reviewed this product; I would say that the set up process would be my biggest con. Now that the set up process is done, it was actually the best learning experience that I have had in a long time. I am actually going to miss the hours upon hours of time that I put in and don't know what I am going to do with my time anymore...;-).

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.