Kitomba Salon and Spa Software Logo

Kitomba Salon and Spa Software

Making you more successful.

Kitomba Salon and Spa Software Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.16/10

Reviews by rating

The time it frees up it amazing, it offers great reports and a wide range that are extremely useful for any aspect of your business, we love it and wouldnt change it.
Easy to use and very innovative developers always looking at ways to improve the features. Helpdesk support is fantastic.
Dispise kitomba, accounts no response, tech support lack of experience but just keep charging you for a corrupt program.
Still getting clients complaining it’s not working.
Clients unable to leave a review. Cost of text messages is too high.

CT

Carla T.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Great All-round Salon/Spa Software

Great overall experience- they take all feedback and often release new features due to popular demand. Constantly upgrading and improving their software.

Pros

We love how extensive the system is- we can run reports on every thing we need, plus more! The customer service is great- they always answer our calls or emails very quickly.

Cons

The cost, however, we are totally happy paying the cost as we receive so many benefits.

LC

Laurie C.

Fine Art, 1-10 employees

It's okay

I like kitomba - it makes sense, it just seems out dated. We were using timely before and made the change due to certain kitomba features - however didn't realise how many timely features we were going to miss. I have much more feedback than what is above so if anyone is interested I'm happy to be contacted. At this stage I'll definitely be looking at moving back to timely when our contact is up as they're constantly innovating

Pros

being able to split services over multiple staff through the online booking pin for logging in/out restricted access for certain staff being able to see which login made an appointment/change (although super annoying that kitomba one is shown as 'online appointment' rather than the staff members name) Targets visible from kitomba 1 (annoying that staff seem to be able to see each others targets, and would be great to be able to set an hourly target for staff who frequently change hour or an alternating one for those who alternate hours over a fortnight or month) tiered pricing/timing

Cons

It being installed on the desktop means there are so many chances for issues - we had an issue with our power supply and ended up with kitomba being corrupted multiple times (while this is a user issue it is very annoying that it's able to happen at all - a cloud based option like timely wouldn't do it) The online booking only has the ability to set 'packages' not specifically titled sections - having...

DC

Danielle C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Good for small business, but far too basic for big business.

Our account person is super helpful and friendly, we get great deal of support, it's just unfortunate that some of the functionality is lacking.

Pros

I like that the salons have so much great reporting available to them, unfortunately most sites aren't using this to its full potential and there is no way to look at some of these reports from Head Office or at a national level.

Cons

Kitomba lacks a lot of functionality that a big, multi-site business requires, and is not set up to deliver standard retail functions in terms of promotions. For example Buy 2 get 1 Free promotions. Leaving offers to be manual entered, and actioned leaves the business open to errors and misuse. There is key gaps in the reporting available, and anything comparable requires running two reports and...

MB

Mark B.

Kitomba Reviee

We have had ups and downs over the years. At one point we did consider changing to another company. But we have had some help with some issues that needed staff prepared go the extra mile rep has been really helpful. Rep has bent over backwards to help us and he has More than made sure we are looked after.

Pros

The developments over the years. We purchased the product when it was being launched For our spa. We branched into a different area and over time, Kitomba has enveloped this business. The current technical/forensic techs are much more helpful and make things more user friendly than used to be the case.

Cons

For several years, we asked for a concessions section. This was developed, but most of the work still had to have a largely manual input. Things like an expiry after 22 months have only recently been added as a feature. Prior to this, we had to keep a log independent of the programme and expire them by hand. Although very few do expire, it was a lot of work to do it manually.

DW

David W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Best product available!!!

Phenomenal is how we would describe our experience with Kitomba. Easy set up, innovative features added regularly, clear reporting and excellent support.

Pros

The ability to monitor not just appointments but key critical business information in stock control, staff hours and KPI’s make this Kitomba number 1. If you couple this with the advanced marketing and integrations and the return on investment disappears. Support is next level, personal and quick.

Cons

I would love to be able to track lead development better, but this does not detract from the overall experience.

LN

Laura N.

Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

Salon review

Wonderful

Pros

Reporting is most important in my job. Any reports that our salons require are easily accessible and understandable with this operating system. Also, the systems support we are provided by our account manager Rica is fantastic. She is super delightful and happy to help and answer any questions I have, happy to provide additional training whenever required, she is just wonderful.

Cons

negative stock holdings do not show on reports. difficult to clean up.

LJ

Leigh J.

Fantastic Customer support

Pros

I can always call Kitomba support to help guide me thru whatever it is I’m trying to do or searching for. The customer marketing tools are very good

Cons

Kitomba does not have the ability to create re-occurring bookings

AK

Aisling K.

Aesthetic Industry

Pros

Online bookings Reporting Automation of marketing

Cons

Clients unable to leave a review Cost of text messages is too high

JS

Julie S.

Salon

Kitomba is great & im there there are many functions we are not using as we don’t don’t how

Pros

Rebooking , all reports are there to view at the click of a button

Cons

Lack of training , and support with a whole reload of increasing demands of things. We Seen to tackle one thing at a time. They are always very helpful on the end of the phone with support though

KB

Kelly B.

Kelly Kitomba

KPIs Client retention

Pros

Love the new Kitomba 1 frequent rebook button. Kitomba 1 access for team viewing Online bookings

Cons

Not being in the cloud. Their are many functions I can’t use when working from home like cash rec.

JK

Junia K.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

We have a much better reminder and re-booking system as well as detailed statistics etc - fabulous

auto reminders, texting clients as no one listens to voicemail any more, many features such as reports which are comprehensive and allow me to track my business and how it is going, financial records, so many things.

Pros

I like that it does so much and makes everyone do everything correctly as well. It picks up mistakes, and also allows us some freedom regarding reminders and also rostering staff is easy - there are great charting features and I am sure there are things Kitomba can do that I don't even know!

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that it will not stop a staff member from making a sale without committing it properly, you can commit a sale but not put in the method of payment which overrides the actual sale and doesn't record it, which makes it complicated if staff have forgotton to go back and complete a sale. Settlement is then a nightmare !

Hi Junia, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It¿s really nice to hear how you use Kitomba and how it helps you. We can assist with your issue of sales being committed without payment, so someone from our support team will be in touch to help make this area work better for you. Kind regards, Anna

DV

Dorien V.

Great business tool

I’ve found it a great tool to use, it’s easy to use and constantly being improved and updated. Thanks Kitomba I will miss seeing my business summaries now that I am no longer a client of yours.

Pros

Access to business information quickly and efficiently for bookings, targets and KPIs wherever you are at anytime. Great support staff and continual improvements being made to stream line the experience for the user. Easy to use and data is easy to read and understand.

Cons

Fairly Expensive for a small business, charges for txts and emails is not really worth the price considering most businesses Using this software will be messaging many clients regarding appointments. This means some businesses would be less likely to use the marketing tools available in the software as the messaging charges would Defeat the purpose of using the marketing tools and resources available to use in the software.

AA

Anita A.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Keeps the salon on track.

Pros

Kitomba has been great for my salon it helps keep everything on track and I am able to see what is going on at work even when I'm not there. The new time sheet feature has been amazing it keeps my staff honest and saves a lot of time chasing them up to put in their hours.

Cons

It does not integrate the hours from to.e sheet to zero.

SL

Stephanie L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Some of the reports are a little confusing and sometimes lack specific targeting.

Pros

Easy, comprehensive, great support. Always updating and keeping up with things. The staff are friendly and very helpful.

Cons

Not sure if it adds product back if you delete or credit. I do find the everyday marketing a little hard to get sometimes and it is hard to target specifics (maybe I don't know how to use it) I often don't have time to to watch videos about the utilization of the system. Maybe if a planned rep visit to go over the finer things would be good. Now that we are with Mailchimp it would be good to maybe have the accepts promo box ticked as default and that way when mailchimp deletes it we know for sure it's not just an oversite. My docket printouts are also confusing because of where the separation line is. I would like to be able to also print out the clients treatment note history.

Ah

Alicia h.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Be aware before signing

Not that user friendly.

Pros

. Okay online booking but very limited to compare to other.

Cons

I have been a customer for over 3 years, I decided to switch to another software which is more user friendly and less expensive for a solo operator. I have never re signed for another 3 years , I had all the rights behind me to prove that I never resigned. At this stage they knew that legal action would be the only resolution. Being a small business it would cost way more than paying their early termination fee which I shouldn't have to pay since I never resigned. The most disgusting way to treat small businesses. What a RIP off.

DB

Diana B.

Kitomba review

The reporting is excellent and easy to use. It helps me measure my business KPI's on a daily basis. It also helps set my weekly, monthly targets and allows my team to access them easily through Kitomba one. We receive about 10 online bookings per day which has really allowed us to grow our business.

Pros

I love the reporting. The magic marketing is excellent and the customer service awesome. Prompt and informative. I love Kitomba One and the Target facility. Also the Benchmarking is great. The online booking service works well.

Cons

We recently changed to a Mac and the software is not really compatible. It would be great if not was cloud based or just worked a bit better on the appointment interface.

DH

Dan H.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Kitimba review

Generally great, can’t complain about the software or the tech support . I really like the system

Pros

It’s a great system , easy to use and the customer support is great .

Cons

It’s very expensive compared to every other similar software on the market for hairdressers. Even though it’s a great set up, it still feels like a bit of a rip off . Also the accounts lady is a bit abrupt and not that friendly to deal with.

CL

Christine L.

DO NOT RECOMMEND - OVERPRICED

Horrible. I can't wait for the contract to be over so I won't be ripped off.

Pros

Okay to use. Standard software, not much to comment. I have more cons on this software.

Cons

Way too over priced, they definitely lock you in a long term contract that you aren't able to exit. A lot of hidden fees - be careful with the automated text messaging. Definitely not worth the value of money. During covid closure period they offer NO support at all - pricing remains the same throughout. I would not recommend this software to anyone. There's definitely much cheaper and affordable options out there. I chose this kitomba software as I had taken over an existing clinic that already uses it, now knowing what it is really like, I definitely regret not changing it in the beginning.

HL

Hannah L.

The All in One Software

Pros

We most love Kitomba for its easy booking options from booking ourselves to clients online booking and changing appointments on their own. The time it frees up it amazing, it offers great reports and a wide range that are extremely useful for any aspect of your business, we love it and wouldnt change it!

Cons

The Price. We do love Kitomba but it is one of the most expensive on the market, they do offer discounts to long standing clients, but will need to keep up offering the best service and reporting as there is a lot of products coming up in the market that could soon offer the same for less!

Alanna R.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Loyal Customer 5+ years

For years I was so happy, however I am at the stage of looking else where if this online booking system error doesn’t get resolved.

Pros

I like how easy and user friendly it was for staff and clients booking online and the reports. Also love K1.

Cons

Online booking is fabulous when it’s working. For the past 7+ weeks so many clients have had issues and not been able to make there appointments and Kitomba recognised there was an issue said it was fixed but it’s definitely not. Still getting clients complaining it’s not working. Very disappointed 4 weeks till Christmas and this is happening for the price you pay.

KW

Kyle W.

Getting Better Every Time

I can see what is booked in from where ever i am. No need to chase people regarding there appointment and client history. Ease of salon functions.

Pros

I like that it can be set up to automatically do the work for you, when you know how to set this up. I feel its user friendly and easy to use and tech to use.

Cons

Thats you cannot make a reoccurring appointment for clients that come weekly. we have to copy and paste the appointment. I don't like the online booking payment, that its done through PayPal. i feel having to transfer from PayPal to my account is just more work for me. so i have chosen not to have this option.

LA

Linda A.

This is the only software that I have used so I cannot compare it to others.

Pros

Easy to make appointments, get daily reports and get information on sales for each stylist and keep records for stock

Cons

That it turns off every Sunday and we do not open on Mondays so I have to come to the salon to turn it back on so we can see that clients have confirmed their appointments or cancelled them for 9am start on Tuesdays.

Hi Linda Thanks for your review. It¿s great that you find Kitomba easy to use! We can help you to set up your Kitomba to automatically restart so you can easily see your client appointments on a Monday. One of our team will be in touch to help you with this. Kind regards, Anna

KM

Kate M.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Easy to learn and pick up....

Easy to use, can view when not at work, easy to work out features with create online support and just a phone call. Love team view so you can hope in and do what would take us hours. Nice peope to deal with on the end of the phone...understand that we have no idea.

Pros

The customer service and pricing...have used a few and this is by far the best in both avenues. The online booking feature is a favourite with our clients and is easy use for them.

Cons

Some appointment features could work better with rebooking. We book clients ahead and rescheduling appointments can be a little long winded to do.

KH

Kym H.

Customer review

Pros

How easy it is to use on a day to day basis

Cons

The fact that I don’t know how to use all aspects of the program so don’t get the full experience out of it

LM

Leanne M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Behind the times

The customer service is good and the staff try hard to help us but they are only as good as the programming and this is too slow. Business is moving so fast as is our customer's needs. We have to keep up with them otherwise we lose them.

Pros

Im not sure because there are some good things but the gaps counteract the good

Cons

They are far too slow in keeping up with customer needs eg 1. There is no waitlist 2. We cannot add notes to Client forms 3. We cannot send out Client forms prior to arrival to save time. 4. Online booking and reporting do not work together