DaySmart Vet Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.67/10

Reviews by rating

Best customer service on the market. We’re extremely pleased and we’ve had a great experience with the reps. When we started, reps helped us by adding in every large animal and breed we needed.
They also generously provided us with an amazing rate, as we are a non-profit organization. We have been EXTREMELY pleased with this software and this company.
I enjoy the freedom from concerns about maintenance and upgrading costs of expensive hardware. Vetter Software's features are practically-oriented and are an excellent fit for my practice's needs.
This becomes a problem is if you need to log into a computer elsewhere in the clinic while already being logged in elsewhere you will be logged out of the other location with your place lost.
I refused to pay for these as it cost me clients. I finally asked for my data in a disc format,they held my data hostage for 10 mos.

EW

Emily W.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Vetter is the perfect medical records software for our exotic cat sanctuary's on-site clinic!

Our clinic is not a "normal" veterinary practice - our clinic serves the 75 resident lions, tigers, leopards, cougars, etc. that call our sanctuary (In-Sync Exotics) home. When researching cloud based systems, I immediately put Vetter at the top of my list, and after talking with the wonderful individuals at the company, I knew that this was the perfect software for us. The people at Vetter understood the differences in needs and preferences that our clinic has from other veterinary clinics, and provided us with ways to optimize the software to meet our unique needs. They also generously provided us with an amazing rate, as we are a non-profit organization. We have been EXTREMELY pleased with this software and this company!

Pros

This software is SO easy to use, yet still comes with all of the features that our clinic was looking for. Everything on this software is intuitive in terms of user-friendliness - it is simple to navigate and everything is extremely well organized. We particularly love that the system is connected to our Abaxis chemistry and hematology analyzers, and that results are automatically stored and organized...

Cons

There are only a few, TINY, very minor things that I would change about this software, including changing the layout of exported/printed patient records, and having the ability to "search" within a particular patient. I would also LOVE if there was an mobile app version of Vetter! Otherwise, I have absolutely no complaints! Any issues (all of which have been relatively minor) that we have had in the past have been quickly resolved by the folks at Vetter.

AS

Amy S.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

So far pretty good, we are learning more everyday

Pros

It has lots of features that make it easier to stay connected with clientsI like that you can open different windows in Day Smart without being logged out of first window

Cons

I wish that you could put a summary tag for each of the invoices . So when a client askes when the last time their horse was injected we would not need to go through every invoice/SOAP note to find it.

SW

Susan W.

Reminder System is a MESS

We spend thousands of dollars getting set up with Vetter Software and have been using it for almost 2 years now. It does NOT do what it's supposed to DO. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Pros

It's simple and the interface is designed in a practical, user-friendly way. It's easy to look at and work with.

Cons

We purchased this software for the reminder system. But it's a mess. The vaccine reminders do NOT go out as promised. When they do go out, instead of sending an email two weeks before a vaccine is due, and another one, one week before it's due, and another one one week after the vaccine is due, the software sends out 3 or 4 reminders in the SAME email, on the SAME day. It's ridiculous and looks completely unprofessional. I have complained several times to the support team and they keep making up excuses for why it does that, but haven't fixed it. It's been about a year now. We have thousands of dollars invested in this software. We are stuck with this company because it would be way too expensive to move our database to another company. However, this software does NOT PERFORM WELL.

KF

Katie F.

Veterinary, self-employed

Why did you change your mind on pricing 2 months in?

Why won't you respond to my questions about pricing? Why does it take so long for tech support? Why can't I schedule an appointment using my phone?

Pros

I think that the charting and invoicing is good. I like the reminders, but I wish I had the option of them all being text or email and not the "mail" option

Cons

I don't like that I was promised free 2-way texting when I signed on for the program and the app -- and then they started charging me 2 months in. I don't like that I email tech support and it takes 3-4 days for a response. I don't like it that the salesman will not respond about why my price was changed. I don't like that once you are "finished" with training no one will help.

IT

Iain T.

Super Smart Veterinary Software with Great Support

The support and integration process was amazing. The online and direct support we received while migrating our database, establishing our inventory and pricing, developing reminder protocols and systems was prompt and accurate. Overall this software platform allows us to maximise our day to day efficiency while enhancing our patient care and client experience.

Pros

The functionality of this software is brilliant. So many of the other veterinary PMS platforms we trialled were complicated and difficult to navigate. With DaySmart Vet we can have a new Team member able to use this software efficiently with a 90 minute training video specific to our business.

Cons

The time zone difference between support in USA and Australia is at times frustrating but the quality and dedication of the support far outweighs any inconvenience.

SP

Stacey P.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Improves staff efficiency, provides improved customer service, great support

Going from a full paper practice with no on-line access to a full paperless cloud-based program was stressful and full of 'how are we going to do THIS' moments during the first 6-8 months. Vetter was very helpful prior to launch, but many protocols we had to figure out for ourselves. I love how we are able to integrate so many things automatically - labs are attached automatically, we now have our merchant services integrated into Vetter, saving the customer service reps a second step. I love having access to the system anywhere, anytime. In general, Vetter is an easy-to-use veterinary software system that is responsive to user input and is constantly developing new and improved functionality.

Pros

I purchased Vetter after purchasing a practice with an old server and a non-internet-integrated software system. I reviewed server-based software and decided that a cloud-based system would be more ideal for me. I wanted to go paperless and Vetter allows us to keep all of our client communication information in one place and it easily attached to the patient or client record so we can track what...

Cons

Although invoicing is very easy, the financial side of Vetter is not at all intuitive - the fact that a credit that was applied today will show on an invoice from last year always baffles me. Initially it was very confusing how Vetter views transactions in client accounts, but we have become accustomed to thinking like an accountant. ALL codes are considered Inventory items, but I would like to be...

MC

Michael C.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Vetter has been a game changer for our boutique small animal practice in Western Australia.

Improved workflow, better customer service, flexibility of plan, easy access from anywhere as cloud-based, no need to purchase and maintain server, peace-of-mind for top-notch data protection and back-up by Vetter.

Pros

Cloud-based - no cumbersome server in-house, easy access anywhere (think reviewing records from home, billing clients on -the-spot during housecalls etc). When internet is down due to power outage, still easy access on iPad using 4G. You can attach x-rays and scanned PDF documents, lab results etc.. to specific visits or lab items - this is a great feature. Customer support is friendly, responsive...

Cons

Printing invoices and documents requires 2 clicks instead of one, as first click takes you to a PDF window, then you have to print from there. Wish it would print like Paypal where it opens the printing dialogue automatically. Has some quirks e.g. medical items, drugs and procedures are called 'medical records' and medical history is called ' medical notes' instead of 'medical records' - not a big...

SS

Samantha S.

Great Practice Software.

Overall we really like DaySmart Vet. We can easily manage our days here at the clinic with ease.

Pros

The product is very easy to use and train new employees on. It is very straight forward.

Cons

The process to launch was a headache and not all of our data came over as anticipated. I definitely think there needs to be a tech here on site for launch.

EG

Elena G.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Completely changed record-keeping for our not-for-profit veterinary clinic

The main benefit that we, as an organization, gain from this software, is the ability to evaluate how and what we are doing. We can create reports about how many dogs vs cats, how many sx's vs vaccines vs procedures, how many appointments in one country versus another, what community our clients are coming from, and much much more. This information is critical for us in terms of annual reporting to our following, but also to plan for the upcoming year, and is equally useful to a clinic that is run strictly as a business.

Pros

Vetter is flexible, intuitive, well-organized and helps us manage every aspect of our clinic. Even though we are a not-for-profit located in Chile, we still have to run our clinic like a business, and it has really helped us get there. We have veterinary projects in a number of different countries, and we have been able to quite easily modify everything from forms to inventory items to accommodate...

Cons

It is not available offline which can make it difficult to use in remote areas and the inventory section took a while to learn.

MJ

Maan Joy B.

NVAC’s Review on Daysmart

Overall, for the last 6years we have been using vetter|daysmart, it has been very very helpful for us. The sudden shift from our rates allowed was difficult for us to retain the system, unfortunately. We had to give up alot of exclusive services for us to maintain using daysmart.

Pros

Easy to use, interface friendly. Inventory is also very helpful, as is daily/monthly and yearly reports for assessment of our performance.

Cons

Very expensive, especially for us, a vet clinic in the Philippines.

WV

Will V.

Using Daysmart (previously Vetter) and the 6+ years of use

Over all Daysmart is "Ok" but it could be so much better especially if they took what we suggest and implement the suggested changes. A Practice management system should not only help with clients and patients but also with the staff that operates it. I have suggested for years they should have something of an announcement square located on the main schedule screen. So when an employee sees the...

Pros

I do like the tabs and the way it flows from the start of the schedule screen all the way into the patient file. It has a ease of use in that respect and gets the job done.

Cons

I dislike that many features within Daysmart is often an additional cost such as the text messaging. These days there are many services that offer unlimited texting that a company like could purchase and then integrate into their system for the clients at no additional charge. Just to give one example.

JR

Joanna R.

DaySmart Review

Pros

DaySmart is a simple yet modern cloud based veterinary software. VERY easy to use! No unnecessary options, extra steps or complicated procedures. Inventory tracking and easy payment processing integration is very helpful in our busy hospital. Help desk chat option is also a great addition.

Cons

I would like to be able to do the returns to the credit card on the same day without the card present. Help desk is very helpful, yet there isn't always an agent available and I don't usually have time for a phone consult (as an admin manager I help out up front a lot).

ES

Erin S.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Disappointing and a lot of time and money wasted

Pros

Two way texting, ease of document attachments'attachments

Cons

In ability to scroll through a record, doesn't count down refills, reporting is inferior to others and if I want a "custom" report, I can request it... BUT it will cost me extra money and I will have to wait at least 24 hours so the true technical support overseas can work on it. Cant see declined services through out the medical record.....The head tech support has never worked in a vet hospital or other vet software.

Erin - I'm very sorry to hear you've had a bad experience. We value you as a customer and I wanted to provide some feedback from our team. "scrolling through a record" we currently paginate results to optimize for fast loading times. Given your feedback and others, we are considering implementing "infinite scroll" to improve the visibility of information "reporting" we're working on a reporting...

SC

Shea C.

A follow up review after using Vetter for several years --> STILL 5 stars!!

Pros

It is commonplace for after-the-sale service to diminish, but not so with Vetter. After using Vetter for many years, I wanted to share with others considering a PMS that this company remains solid across the board. From it's stellar customer care to the continuous upgrades based on user input, Vetter is truly a partner in your business. And of course there is their easy and intuitive interface,...

Cons

The fact that you cannot search your patient database by disease, but, this feature is soon to be released which goes to show once again how Vetter responds and moves upon user feedback to provide an improved experience.

JC

John C.

Excellent Way to Run a Practice Using a Cloud Based Approach

Pros

Heads a shoulders above all else is the support I received from Vetter. Team was always there when I ran into trouble or did something stupid. They were always patient with me and supportive. The only reason I left was because I sold my practice and the buyer was using another program. Vetter was always willing to make software changes to fit my practice and had many billing options to fit my needs. It was also very easy moving around the program and getting up to speed.

Cons

I have a specialty practice and saw patients at three different locations and I decided to set up three different instances/locations of the software for each location and required logging on at each when seeing patients at that location. The advantage was separate tracking of inventory and income. The disadvantage was that I had to login into each location when searching for a patient since it was not possible to search for a patient in one location if I was logged in at another.

JW

Jen W.

Amazing software all the way around...

My practice would not even exist if it weren't for Vetter software. Truly, without it, I could not have realized my dream of founding a professional AND very personal house call practice. I knew, as a small start-up house call practice, that I could not afford the "traditional" softwares that I've used at various clinics. But trying to figure out how to assemble templates, how to invoice, generate...

HD

Heather D.

This software is the future of veterinary medicine!

Pros

- Vetter provides monthly updates/upgrades and the development team is constantly improving the software based on user feedback -User friendly from day one - Accessible from any device, and at home! - Very cost effective as compared to traditional server-based software - Automatically saves all content as you type it - Customizable for small and large clinics

Cons

- Constantly having to login when changing devices slows down appointments and checkout - New features/integrations often have an additional price tag associated with them; the advertised monthly costs for using Vetter can be misleading, as they charge extra for things that are essential for the software to function (such as the Authorize.net integration) - Unable to enter appointments or tasks by searching for patient name; this can only be done by searching by client name

BS

Beverly S.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

What veterinary software should be!

With the greatly increased efficiency of use we are better able to serve our clients/patients & keep up with our workload. In turn, this create a happier work environment & elevates morale. Happy employees are more productive & Joy is contagious 😁

Pros

The difference between our prior software program & DaySmart is like night and day. DaySmart is very user friendly & has more than tripled our efficiency. Our clinic is so happy to have this software program

Cons

I wish there was the ability to go back, page by page. To compensate, I just opt to "open in new tab" whenever possible. I wish this program had an integrated feature to address the fairly recently required drug counseling

DN

Dr. Nicole B.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Second to none

We opened our cat hospital over a year ago and Vetter has been an integral part of the practice right from the start. Vetter works seamlessly with our busy little clinic, and truly meets all our medical record keeping needs. But it is much more than that.. we use it to manage scheduling, inventory, lab reports, accounting reports, communications and reminders. I never have to worry about security breaches,...

Pros

Comprehensive, easy to use software that does it all for our clinic. No back-ups to worry about, and we use Mac computers so compatability isn't an issue.

Cons

dependent on a good internet connection, so it's sometimes slow on the weekend. Also sometimes kicks us off so we need to log on.

MW

Molly W.

Excellent software

Pros

Very user-friendly and easy to navigate. I loved all of the reports that I could generate to maximize my understanding of how the business was doing as a whole.

Cons

Scheduling patients to their known provider did seem more time consuming. Learning how to refund to a card was a learning curve and I needed constant refreshers because I didn't do regularly and this was not as intuitive as the remainder of the functions.

PC

Pamela C.

Working with Matt at Vetter has upgraded my practice!!!!

Pros

The portability is that a word? With an ipad I can go anywhere and get my work done. I am a small animal house call practice AND a new clinic nestled in between two medical schools. Our neighborhood also is developing a new tech start-up mecca of business and biomedical research. To say the least-my clients are tech savy and ALL of them are impressed by our ability to meet all of their needs on the ipad. My business mentor is impressed with this software and how it makes my affairs flow smoothly. This software is so easy for new employees: they pick up the ipad and they have it figured out in about 10 minutes. Within a day, they are teaching me.

MH

Maggie H.

What a great system. And the transition from my paper records to online was so smooth.

Pros

Excellent and timely support. Always making improvements and adding features. Available anywhere. As a housecall vet this is extremely important. Never having to do a backup again - it's all taken care of by Vetter. Being able to access my records from anywhere and even print labels at the office from anywhere The online community is very helpful. Basically this has made my housecall practice easier and my records more complete and organized.

Cons

I am having a hard time coming up with a con. I don't use the appointment schedule much and would like to have my Google calendar sync with it if possible. That's about it.

Anna R.

1-10 employees

Vettersoftware.com

I've been using this for my mobile veterinary practice and gave been very pleased. I was able to start for free and clients as I grew. The group is very responsive to suggestions and customer support is beyond outstanding. I'm a bit of a computer idiot and have had my hand held with patience every (amazingly few) times that I have had issues.

Pros

Ease of use, good integration between information fields, support, willingness of company to listen to suggestions and implement them. Lots of ability to customize!

Cons

Not happy that it is 100 % cloud based because I travel in areas where reception can be poor. But this is not really the fault of vetter. I keep a backup paper file which increases my work load a bit.

OH

Oziel H.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Best software we have used!

We were about to open a new clinic, and were searching for practice management software, when we found the free trial offer from Vetter Software. At first we were hesitant about cloud software, but wow, I'm so glad we tried it. Vetter software is very reliable, easy to use and had all the features we needed for our practice. I was absolutely amazed at how good the customer service is, as they quickly responded all our emails, or calls with answers to all our questions. The software itself is user friendly, and teaching the rest of the staff how to use it was quick and easy. I really like that they are constantly updating it, and adding even more features. Overall the experience with Vetter Software has been amazing, and I would recommend it always.

Pros

Easy to use, works great and fantastic customer service. And being able to open patient records from our phones or tablets has been a plus for us.

Cons

none

LM

Lisa M.

Veterinary, 51-200 employees

multisite user

Pros

Easy to use, could use more reporting features. Reports are limited. Customer service availability has gone down considerably in the past year.

Cons

Reports are limited for what we do. Customer service is lacking