Connex Reviews

Connex

Cloud-based integration and order management platform

Connex

Review Summary

Pros

The software is easy to use has minimal downtime and the customer service and technical support is great very quick responses and a friendly team consistently willing to help.

Lauren B.

Melissa S.

Wonderful company great engaged owner that cares and is very helpful.

Lauren B.

Cons

The software pays for itself since we were manually processing all our website and Amazon orders into Quickbooks. Now with it automated, we no longer have any accounting errors.

Conrad M.

The only negative is that I did not find this soon enough.

Lisa A.

Jose D.

4.9

Better than the Rest!

Overall, Connex was fairly easy to set up. It took some trial and error to ensure the orders were coming into QuickBooks properly, but once we got it right, it was set it and forget it! Their customer service is helpful and accessible.

Pros

What I like most about Connex is that it is reliable. Each week, we manually sync our orders from Big Commerce into QuickBooks. We rarely have an issue, and if we do, it's usually because we forgot to enter a new product in Quickbooks for Connex to be able to find it.

Cons

Sometimes the error codes aren't clear so we have to contact Connex for help. Each time we do, they are helpful and get us back on track quickly.

Your search has completed - there is simply nothing better than Connex

Connex has earned the position as a strategic and integral part of our software operations.

Pros

The feature set is robust and complete for automating Quickbooks with major store hosts, major shipping platforms and major marketplaces (like all flavors of Amazon). The setup is logically laid out; they'll help you with it during onboarding, but honestly I was able to figure out most of it on my own. They are continually working on improvements and their support is responsive. Honestly I've used 2 other similar platforms and reviewed at least 3 others - this one has non of the limitations or sticker shock of the others, runs quickly and automated. We are mostly in set-it / forget-it mode (the BEST kind of software).

Cons

The old user interface was less of a dashboard and more of an menu list. The new user interface, however, looks superb!

Gets the job done!

We are stoked on Connex and what it provides. It is mission-critical to have invoices and inventory integrated between Shopify and QuickBooks, and Connex gets it done!

Pros

This was a solid upgrade from our previous Shopify to Quickbooks Desktop tool. Mostly because of the scheduler and ability to run the connection automatically. There were some other upgraded perks, but we'd hoped for such because we were increasing our spend by a good 2x for it. The connex team was supportive during the onboarding and the FAQ tools they created were really helpful to set it up.

Cons

There are a few missing automatic connections and situations that aren't solvable even with the Rules Engine. But they are not must haves. The main issue is how Shopify treats and underpaid invoice as a "return" which creates a headache in the automation for credit memo creation in QuickBooks.

Saved our company thousands of hours!

Overall, Connex has saved our company thousands of hours and we wouldn't be able to survive without it! The software pays for itself since we were manually processing all our website and Amazon orders into Quickbooks. Now with it automated, we no longer have any accounting errors! I highly recommend this for anyone who does a large number of Amazon or Shopify orders! 100% worth every penny!

Pros

Connex took Breeo from manually processing our Amazon and Shopify website orders to automatically doing it! This has saved us thousands of man-hours this year alone! Connex pays for itself and we wouldn't be able to survive without it. We use Quickbooks desktop for our accounting service and sync daily!

Cons

Once you have it all set up and running it's perfect, however, it can be a little tricky getting it set up and making sure orders are getting processed correctly. The onboarding process was smooth and just had to make minor tweaks after.

Saves time by automatically updating inventory and importing orders into Quickbooks

I depend on this software. I only have to keep my QB inventory up to date and it’s nice that my website will display accurate inventory. In the past, I have had to update both my QB and my Website. It would take hours a week.

Pros

1) Automatically syncs inventory to my website from QB. I sell through other channels besides my website, so I create invoices manually for non-website sales which reduces my inventory in QB, and the new quantities are updated on my website too. If a sale comes through on my website, it automatically creates a sales order in Quickbooks from my website, complete with customer shipping info and order details. Then I just create an invoice from the Sales Order and it deducts from my inventory on Quickbooks.

Cons

When my website software version updates, sometimes it causes the connexforquickbooks to not automatically run. I can still manually run it when this happens, while I contact connex tech support. They can fix the issue usually within a day or sometimes longer.

Streamlined our full operation & saved countless hours

Before Connex, we had to manually enter all our orders from Quickbooks, which was very tedious and prone to human mistakes. Also, one very neat feature that Connex offers that for some reason is not available in Quickbooks is to build assembly items when they shipped. In order to do this in QB, you have to manually build the assembly. We are extremely happy with Connex and we are in the process of finishing our online store, which we will be also using Connex to integrate.

Pros

With a very user friendly interface and quick setup, we were able to start saving hundreds of hours by using Connex to sync our orders from Quickbooks Enterprise to Shipstation (our shipping software). The integration works perfectly and Connex has amazing customer support to help you if you bump into any issues or if you have custom requirements for your business.

Cons

Its hard to find anything to dislike as this software offers everything we currently need. But if there was one feature we would really like to see is to somehow display or notify when an order is ready to ship. For example, when an order syncs from QB to Shipstation, if all items are in stock in QB, it can color code the order to green, OR if the order is partially ready it can color code the order to yellow, OR if the order is not yet ready to ship it can color code the order to red. This is just an idea and will help our shipping department quickly see that an order is ready to be shipped. Currently, inside of Quickbook's "Sales order fulfillment worksheet", you can see that all orders are labeled according to inventory.

Great customer service

Wonderful company great engaged owner that cares and is very helpful

Pros

The software is easy to use has minimal downtime and the customer service and technical support is great very quick responses and a friendly team consistently willing to help! I recommend Connex to any small business !

Cons

Occasionally there are glitches 2 to 4 times a year I.e. when daylight savings time hits, server upgrades etc. I have now learned how to fix them on my own but in the beginning it required a call to the company and support to walk through fixing that

Great Interface and Customer Service

My overall experience has been that they are immediate in response and customer service and have always had a sloution.

Pros

When I was looking for a product that could link my web sales to my Brick and Mortar QB with an a BOM software call SOS this was the easiest, cost effective and seamless product on the market. That still holds true today. As things changed their customer service people are available- by phone- and give you immediate help so you can move forward without the normal back and forth that consumes time. It still works faultessly and issues are non-existent.

Cons

It has everything I needed then and now.

Where would I be without it?

Top notch customer support. Always very quick to respond, and happy to help with technical issues.

Pros

Being able to automatically sync sales transactions form our various sales channels has been a major time savor. No more manually creating or double entry of transactions.

Cons

There is a learning curve when you first set things up. A lot of setting to work through. And sometimes it takes a while to figure out mapping errors when you find. Though the new set-up wizard makes setting up a basic connection a heck of a lot easier.

Connex to integrate shipping software and accounting

I am an accounting department of one. We process and ship over 10,000 orders per year. Most of that is done in a 3 month period. Connex has connected all our orders and customers for me and allows me to remain a department of one but have access to the history.

Pros

The ease and customization that it does to help my shipping software talk to the accounting software.

Cons

I do not like that it is not an instant sync. It can be done but manually.

Start Using This TODAY!!! You won't be sorry!

I have saved over $450 a month by switching. I have all of our syncing between our multiple retail points all in 1 program. It is nice to have everything in 1 place, 1 setup, 1 login.

Pros

This has saved us over $450 a month. We use BigCommerce for e-commerce and we have 2 separate Square point of sale retail locations. FINALLY something that will sync ALL of these, to 2 different Quickbooks databases. Setup was great, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was terrific with my onboarding. Integration is easy. I used to use both T-hub AND Shogo, and needed a dedicated server for T-hub. Connex does...

Cons

the only negative is that I did not find this soon enough!!!

Eliminate time consuming data entry

More than half of my bookkeeping is done for with with the integration of the sales with item tracking, and customer set ups and receipts of payments. Truly wonderful.

Pros

There is no data entry for our companies online sales and renewals. All sales feed into QuickBooks online to allow us to have accurate and timely reporting of sales and incoming receipts.

Cons

I needed an extra date field although I have found an alternate solution. So there are no issues with the functionality.

A great connector for QB

The entire team at CONNEX has been great to work with. Implementation for a complicated series as ours took a little time to get the wrinkles sorted, but its a great tool that saves a tremendous amount of time. We process about 30,000 transactions per year, and we use this connector every day with multiple users simultaneously.

Pros

Works exactly as we require. allows two-way communication between several programs (QB, ShipStation, Magento, and Shopify)

Cons

A nicer web connector (pretty) is about all I would change!

Easier Web transactions

Pros

Connex for quickbooks has greatly reduced the time it takes to enter Internet orders into Quickbooks while eliminating errors. This has been a huge time saver, improves our inventory management and once setup, works seamlessly! If you need to get website transactions into quickbooks, this is a great tool.

Cons

There can be times where there may be transaction communication issues (not a Connex issue) that prevent a transaction from being imported into Quickbooks so you do need to keep an eye on the transactions. Over this is a relatively minor issue.

Perfect solution to sync my Shopify store to QuickBooks Enterprise

Connex has allowed us to focus our resources on growing the business by eliminating the need for manual data entry.

Pros

Connex saves us time and money by automating a tedious job.

Cons

The software can be overwhelming at first but it's a non issue because the customer service is always available to help.

ConnexForQuickBooks

Great support. Great product most of the time you don't even think about it being there you just sync from QB and you're caught up.

Pros

Seamless transfer of sales transactions from eCommerce system (Big commerce) to Quickbooks Desktop. Have used with QB Pro and now Enterprise.

Cons

It was quite technical at first but they have been improving the interface and support dramatically.

The only way to go

Pros

I have been using Connex since we switched to Shopify and QBO online. It saves hours of daily data entry. If you set up your fields properly, the system works flawlessly.

Cons

Learning how to navigate their multitude of help menus. As a retailer, how I describe and/or search for help is different then how they may have labeled it.

Perfect time saver for small business! Set-and-forget!

Reliable - consistent - time saving

Pros

The flexibility and compatibility with multiple E-commerce platforms all at once is fantastic. The team at connex is incredibly responsive and supportive. It's very easy to get this going and then not worry about it.

Cons

The error messages can be a bit tricky to understand at times (but the support team is always fast and helpful). If you're not careful or aren't paying attention you can mess up your syncing and end up with duplicates or mistakes - but just take your time setting up and it's fine.

Great product

Great customer service.

Pros

We needed a way to use bundles in QBO that would correctly integrate with our shipping software and online stores. This was the perfect option. It has allowed us to accurately track our inventory by being able to use these bundles.

Cons

Getting things set up in the beginning is a little difficult, but the customer service definitely makes up for that.

Huge time saver and ease of use

Instead of spending hours typing invoices manually from one system to the other, we now have this amazing software, Connex, that does in seconds what would take hours. Huge time and therefore money saver. I wish we have implemented this software years ago.

Pros

Connex is super easy and flawless to use. The help we received to guide us through the selection of system, on-boarding and implementation and set-up was amazing.

Cons

I do wish Connex had a help phone line, but the help via email is really fast and on point and I have gotten used to waiting a few hours for an answer

Wow!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] answers questions quickly and efficiently.

Pros

I use Connex to connect my Point of Sale with both Amazon and my own web site. Works seamlessly!

Cons

Took time to get acclimated to the software

Great Product & Service

Easy and meaningful. It meets my needs

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was outstanding in getting me set up. I was in a bad spot because my last company left me hanging and Connex stepped in and made my stress level go down.

Cons

They do have a good support staff but you do have to pay for quality

JMA

We’ve had a few burps along the way with syncing and losing saved functions.

Pros

Mapping products from online store to qbo

Cons

Wish it was a bit easier for the non-dev user

Connex for Chris

Very good and my site is humming.

Pros

I do not see it working and it does it very well.

Cons

Not being able to figure out how to update my credit card info easily.

Very Responsvie!

Pros

Once again, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and Team delighted me with their response time and providing a solution! In short, we ran into some unexpected scenarios with our Amazon sync and they came to the rescue. Highly recommend Connex for QuickBooks!

Cons

No, not all. I'm very pleased with the software.