1 EDI Source Logo

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.65/10

Reviews by rating

The project just successfully went live and I look like the hero for using an in-house tool to get the job done. And our EDI guys love it too for actual EDI transmissions.
The ability to have complete control over all aspects of the EDI process. And being able to do our own custom processes with ease, is a huge win.
I love the ability to define my own file handling methods. The filtering for the transactions is easy to use and the flexibility of this software is fantastic.
Risk and costs: if there are any problems or changes I have to pay for their updates and resolution. So in our relationship I bear all of the risk and costs.
Initial learning curve was steeper than experienced with other EDI applications. Dashboard layout and design can intimidate and confuse new users.
I don't know how to map something, but not have it sent. Missing visibility of standards.

Alix S.

No better EDI software on the market

25+ years of EDI experience and this is the only product I've ever used and liked. I support other EDI customers using other software and this one is hands down the best of breed.

Pros

The software is very intuitive making it easy to query and find data. The mapping tool is the best I've come across allowing for highly customized mapping. With the scheduler, EDI can be run automated and unattended and will alert you if it needs help.

Cons

There is a reporting tool but you can't really create your own reports without help. Most times I just want to be able to export a line view to excel. That would be a nice value add.

HH

HENRY H.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

It works goodly

Pros

I does what it is supposed to do and seems to do it pretty well

Cons

The set up process had some hiccups with mappings going to wrong fields or being repeated. There was some issues setting up FTP with the partners

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, it's important to us. If there are any additional challenges that you are experiencing, please reach out, we are happy to address them.

EV

Elena V.

Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees

Run like the plague is coming

In my opinion we were sold a dream. The level of support is nonexistent. I would not recommend 1 EDI Source to anyone even if it were FREE.

Pros

[sensitive content hidden] is the only PRO I can think of. He is friendly, knowledgeable and professional. He gets the job done and is patient enough to offer an explanation. He converses with you without making you feel like he's talking at you.

Cons

Our account manager [sensitive content hidden] is not supportive nor responses. Reached out for business-critical information yet she never bothered to respond until I emailed her stating that she never responded. Instead, she opened up a support ticket on my behalf which I could have done myself. Turnaround time for support tickets is too long for both Tier 1 and 2. The portal is not user friendly, yet we are being forced to utilize it. The US is a serviced based country, yet human interaction is never on the forefront of the business.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are truly sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations, and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. We are glad to hear that the consultant provided you with the level of service we strive for at 1 EDI Source. The issues you've experienced with our support system and account management are not the level of service we aim to provide, and we take your feedback seriously. We would like to make this right and discuss how we can better meet your needs. If you are willing to discuss this, we will reach out shortly to work towards a satisfactory resolution. Your feedback is important to us as we continue to improve our services and customer experience.

BW

Ben W.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

The company is supported by a larger organization, Epicor

Pros

They are willing to take on EDI management

Cons

Support is limited off hours, and they have scheduled maintenance windows which conflict with our heavy operational times.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you appreciate our partnership and we apologize if access to our Support team was ever impeded in any way. We strive to provide robust support even during off-hours support and scheduled maintenance windows. We understand that these issues can be frustrating, especially when they conflict with your operational times. We are committed to providing the best possible service to our customers and will do our best to address your concerns. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

I love the dashboard and the readable format version.

Ease of use, Control, visibility

Pros

~The dashboard is one of the best feature where you can create and arrange what type of view matters to your daily job whether you are: Admin, operator or viewer. ~The Jobs and automation allows you customized alerts and reports delivered right to your inbox. ~Everything is visible and can drill to the detail which allows the Admin and Operators to explain easily to the regular users. ~The client...

Cons

~The adhoc reporting which links to Crystal report are kind of phased out. I hope they can develop this to allow reporting flexibility. The standard reports are the only report you can run against your filters. ~The filters are not exportable or extractable. I hope that they will develop the option to download or extract the filters even just the header to an excel file or csv file. Or at least have the ability to highlight then copy so we can paste on the excel spreadsheet.

Kevin W.

Chemicals, 201-500 employees

overall excellent!

increased efficiency and functional department ownership of issues that are related to their respective departments.

Pros

ease of use, user friendly - can troubleshoot issues without spending too much time researching root cause. Overall the tool has a short learning curve and several functional departments can use the tool to review potential issues and correct them.

Cons

The tool is a little expensive but overall it provides value that is probably offset by the cost based on the comments i provided in the "PRO" section. We really don't have any "CONS" from the user community that utilize the tool.

PH

Paul H.

Food Production, 51-200 employees

EDI Customer

Pros

I find the Responsiveness of Support to be excellent

Cons

I don't really have any issues with them

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with 1 EDI Source, an Epicor solution. We are thrilled to hear that you find our support team to be responsive and that our pricing and functionality meet your expectations. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to support your success. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you again for choosing 1 EDI Source!

Rachel M.

201-500 employees

This is excellent software. Even for a novice, it was easy to learn and works very well.

Pros

Ease of use is the best thing about it. When I first started using this software, I was brand new to the EDI process. I was able to quickly learn how to edit the maps and there are a plethora of tools to use to get it to work the way you need it to. Everything is pretty straightforward and I only had to reach out to 1EDISource for a few things that I couldn't figure out on my own. Overall, I have been very pleased with this software and would absolutely recommend it to others.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't really anything I don't like about this software. I never came across a problem that I couldn't solve.

Milton C.

Consumer Electronics, 201-500 employees

Long time user of product and support

I have worked with EDI/HQ for several years and it keeps getting better. I use it for X12 and EDIFACT and I appreciated that the EDIFACT side was enhanced to make it easier and better to map. Again, reporting and loop data testing while mapping would be a BIG plus.

Pros

Ease of use...functionality. It can handle many different kinds of formats inbound and outbound.

Cons

Reporting can be better...when mapping, if the user can loop thru the data to test the different situations one mapping to using the different operators.

TH

Theodore H.

51-200 employees

Excellent product. I recommend it to everyone who needs an EDI solution

Pros

Ease of use. Very easy to navigate. Setting up the product was very intuitive and seamless. Creating maps for each of the partners we had was no issue at all. A few partners had unique requirements and creating those custom maps was very easy.

Cons

Some of the features are buried/hard to find. Once you become familiar with the product, you can work efficiently.

MB

Michael B.

Building Materials, 501-1,000 employees

Best of the Best!

I've used other EDI software like Gentran, GIS, Application Integrator, Trusted Link, and Trusted Link iSeries and by far hands down this is the best EDI translation and management software out there. The flexibility, ease of use, and control over your date is unmatched. I would recommend this software to a new company using EDI for the first time or a huge company that has hundreds of partnerships already. We have over 400 active partnerships currently and it runs like a champ.

Pros

EDI HQ is very easy to use and intuitive with even a basic EDI understanding. Even with the ease of use though it is also very powerful and flexible you can map around any issue assuming you are getting the data you need.

Cons

Requiring a double map to handle any to any translations is a bit clunky but it definitely serves the purpose of being able to map any format to any other format it just takes an extra step.

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a glowing review and detailed feedback. We greatly appreciate the additional context. If you are open to having a conversation about your double-mapping business case, we'd love to capture it for development to address.

MP

Michael P.

Publishing, 51-200 employees

EDI HQ is critical to sales to our business partners

Overall, our experience with EDI HQ has been very good. It is no understatement to say that without EDI HQ, a large portion of our business would be nearly unmanageable.

Pros

EDI HQ's mapping functionality allows us to interact with multiple business partners in their own preferred version of EDI, without special customizing. EDI HQ's workflow scheduler enables us to move EDI transactions into our custom in-house automation processes as part of the EDI transaction process.

Cons

When using the Transaction Filters, EDI HQ displays native transaction data (EDI Data / App Data) in a variable-pitch font (like "Ariel"), which makes data difficult to read when trying to diagnose and issue. All "raw text" data displays should be in a fixed-pitch font like "Courier New" or "Consolas". Variable-pitch fonts are appropriate only for paragraph-style text, never for raw data.

Thank you for your review and feedback. We work to continually enhance our product to make capabilities more available to our customers. We're happy to look at the fonts in the transaction data that are presenting challenges so we can get those into development and make changes.

CB

Carissa B.

Use of 1EDI in the Healthcare Industry

I use 1EDI (EDI/HQ) on a daily basis in my current role, and have done so for a year now. My background includes over 10 years in the healthcare industry, including the design and implementation of healthcare systems on a large scale. Technical Knowledge: From my experience in dealing with several of the analysts on technical issues the scope of healthcare knowledge is limited. When issues arise,...

RB

Renee B.

Warehousing, 201-500 employees

Pros

Software is very easy to learn and very user friendly. Being able to see map changes immediately is a huge benefit as it allows you to change things on the fly and see the impact. EDIHQ has a great archiving feature which lets you save a lot of data to an archive database so your operating database doesn't experience any lag. Very easy to search for a document you need, even if you only have a small part of the data in your search criteria.

Cons

Sometimes after clicking on a quick access filter, the screen will minimize to the background. Not a huge deal, but sometimes confusing as to where your window went.

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We'll let development know about the screen minimizing when you select a quick access filter, so they can address it. Sometimes the small features make a big difference to our customers.

JD

John D.

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

New Intergration

Overall the experience has been a good one. WE are not on schedule with the roll out but coming to the end of implementation of phase 1 and 2.

Pros

Flexibility of reading data inputs from API, standard EDI, to XML files and converting those documents over.

Cons

Since being acquired by Epicor, I had hoped that the UCC 128 labels that 1 EDI source already have created, would have been moved to Epicor. Additional I would have preferred that we were able to address a document in the portal and integrated not just integrated.

Thank you for your review and feedback. We're so glad you are enjoying the API functionality, we spent quite a bit of time developing them! Let's have a conversation about UCC labels, this is on our development roadmap and we'd appreciate your feedback.

AL

Aaron L.

Westin Foods - EDI feedback - please read

I wanted to cover four areas that I have considered over the years we have been with 1EDI Source and the usage of HQ. These comments also come from a background and usage of two other companies we use for our other divisions. Self-service portal: With our current relationship I have no way of serving myself for simple tasks. Checking an FA or resending an invoice. I'm totally dependent on...

Wholesale, 201-500 employees

It works, but is it the best?

Was not, or did not seem to know NetSuite during the implementation. We have to show them how to do many things. Each time a certificate needs updated (typically annually) it is VERY difficult to get them to schedule the update properly. Any time you need help, it is VERY difficult to get someone to assist you. Then once you get someone to assist you, it takes them forever to get anything done.

Pros

Once it is configured properly, it seems to work.

Cons

Takes forever to get any changes made. It is like pulling teeth for them to help. You will submit a ticket and you get a very short response.

AS

Alix S.

Computer Hardware, 51-200 employees

HQ is best of breed in EDI Software

Pros

HQ is best of breed compared to other products on the market. The mapping tool is the best I've ever used. It's fast, reliable and very robust with the options it has for creating complex mapping.

Cons

The only thing I wish HQ did was allow for an export to Excel from the Filter screen. This would save a lot of time when communicating issues with customers and internal teams

Thank you for your review. Regarding your challenges with the export functionality, we'd love to have a conversation to discuss current export features that might alleviate this challenge for you. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to place pertinent issues in front of our developers. We are looking forward to speaking with you.

AJ

Adam J.

Building Materials, 201-500 employees

Great Partner for EDI mapping and management

A great business partner for EDI. Highly recommend both their software and managed services if you do not have a dedicated EDI team.

Pros

We use managed exchange managed services. The interface gives you all the detail required to manage processes, and their support and mapping services are second to none. Really great service.

Cons

The ManagedExchange web interface is a bit clunky and very slow at times as compared to most modern web apps. Can be a bit frustrating, but you learn your way around it.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We strive to provide exceptional service as a trusted business partner and are happy to be working together. The timeliness of the ManagedXchange web interface processing is an active project with Development and we'll keep you updated on its status.

BR

Brian R.

User friendly Software that tackles all the customers from simple to very complex

It runs the whole company

Pros

I like the ability to use HQ to solve all of my custom programming needs in one spot rather than using my ERP. HQ automatically sets up T-sets with new customers so most of the set up is done for you. It is very easy to update sender receiver ID's, create carbon copies for the DSV customers that you don't need to flow through your ERP but rather just forward the 850 to the warehouse for pick, pack and shipping. It is also easy to navigate through the system because the language makes sense. I have over 30 customers that all have different needs but so far every need has been met with HQ.

Cons

The only thing that is tuff about the software is figuring out how to use Map Designer but I think with proper trainer it wouldn't be an issue.

MH

Marci H.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 employees

The EDI HQ team has always been positive and very helpful whenever I have needed EDI Support.

Organization all in one easy place to refer to when needed. Trouble-shooting is easy to locate. Very low maintenance required. The most key areas for us are: Quick Problem-solving and Efficiency and the EDI HQ Team are spot-on! Keep up the great work!

Pros

Easy and intuitive, even to the least experienced EDI coordinator. The staff has thorough knowledge of the EDI products and has always provided prompt and efficient responses or made knowledgeable recommendations to solve an issue. The friendly and helpful attitudes are awesome and they make one feel like the most important customer they have worked with all year! EDI HQ software is awesome as is the staff.

Cons

Colors! When the cursor is on a line, the navy blue color overrides the background making it difficult to view the contents.

MB

Mitch B.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Great Product with Exceptional Sales and Customer Support

Excellent, customer focused team of people with a great, easy to use product. Great combination as we build our business.

Pros

We have a longstanding relationship with 1EDISource and have been using their software for our EDI integrations for almost 10 years. They are excellent in every aspect of their business from knowledegable and helpful sales people who do what they say they are going to do, to their superior technical support team. It is a great organization from top to bottom.

Cons

From my perspective, there is not anything that I do not like about it.

Thank you for your review. We value your continued partnership over the years. As always, we're happy to assist!

LS

Lillian S.

Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 employees

EDI/HQ meets all our requirements. My overall experience has been quite positive. Good Choice.

We've only implemented EDI invoicing at this point. We've been able to eliminate the need for our C-store managers to enter invoices manually, saving them time and trouble, and allowing them to focus on their customers. Item level inventory is also more accurate at the store level. From an IT perspective, issues are easier to research. Also, sending and receiving data is much easier and more reliable.

Pros

We purchased the cloud based version of EDI/HQ, so for me, the biggest advantage is that I don't have to worry about maintenance and upgrades. I can focus on on-boarding our trading partners, which is fairly simple. Support is great. Techs are very knowledgeable and friendly.

Cons

No documentation; reference/user guides. If I can't find what I need on TWiki, I have to call support. Support is quick, but sometimes you just want to find the answer yourself. I'm not a big fan of TWiki. I find it cumbersome to use.

SU

Salvador U.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Makes EDI manageable

automation increasing efficiency, more customizable inventory feeds

Pros

Integration to partners was very easy, integration to Microsoft Navision 2018 was rather difficult but that was ERP related not EDI HQ related. i like the visibility it offered

Cons

did not have some ftp functionality built in, had to request it, errors are not the best,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We work to continually enhance our product to make capabilities more available to our customers. We're happy to look at the FTP functionalities that are presenting challenges so we can get those into development.

MD

Melissa D.

This product is better than I expected!

Pros

I love how I can see the original X12 data plus the mapped data after translation. I love that I can QUICKLY see errors or mapping that is failing based upon business rules. I love how I can see the history so easily. This software has made EDI easier. It has an easy to understand user interface.

Cons

My issue has never been with the software. I love the software! I find the SAAS solution to be weak. It really is more of a remote connection with a VPN than a true SAAS. No copy/paste between the 1EDI tools and my desktop. My outlook doesn't work while I have the VPN connection. This truly is the biggest problem 1EDI has.