Gliffy Reviews

Gliffy

Create Great Looking Diagrams

Gliffy

Review Summary

Pros

The interface in Gliffy is really slick and intuitive to use- this allows for even complex diagrams to be mapped out very quickly and the user experience is generally very good.

James S.

Read the full review
We use it in integration with confluence and is super useful.

Rodrigo V.

N Luke B.

N Luke B.

Read the full review
It gets a bit tricky when you have multiple elements working together. It makes it hard to move specific actions or parts of the workflow and can get a bit stuck sometimes.

Read the full review
Almost too many wireframes to choose from and if you accidentally close a wireframe library it is a chore to bring it back.

4.3

Gliffy time

I really like the ease of use of this product and the short learning curve when I first started to use it initially. They continually enhance this product to adapt to my needs and I actually have fun doing the designs I need to for workflows to brainstorming.

Pros

Inexpensive and easy to use

Cons

I have no cons to speak of sorry :)

Excellent application for creating process flowcharts

Pros

Gliffy is easy to use and has all basic features needed to create flowcharts. I also like how simple and friendly the user interface looks. The drag and drop feature is so easy to use that anyone can actually use this application without difficulty.

Cons

Though there's a free version, I don't think that's adequate for my needs. That means paying a monthly fee to use the paid version. And it's not really cheap, especially for individual users.

Simple and quick, Confluence integration, lots of other integrations, but limited

Gliffy is easier to learn than Visio, fairly intuitive and the common functions you need are close to hand (on right click or contextual menu button close to selected item). Was quicker to draw a medium complexity diagram with boxes and connectors than Visio (or Powerpoint), and the resulting diagram looked good. Good range of available symbols and easy to add your own stencils from a SVG-based...

Pros

Quick Free versions available Lots of integrations: Chrome, Google Drive, Google Docs Addin, MS word Addin, Confluence. Allows sharing of diagrams to multiple collaborators. Not very expensive

Cons

Free version will make your diagrams public after 15 days. You have to pay desperately for each integration: e.g. a paid for confluence license won't equate Visio import has to be paid for. non-standard file format (JSON instead of GraphML)

Great online diagram creation tool

Gliffy has been a great addition to our organization as it is being used by several department and practice groups to diagram processes, as well as organization charts, and technical documentation. It is easy to administer, and simple to learn with

Pros

Gliffy's strongest feature is its drag and drop functionality. Coupled with an easy to use interface, the average user can master process mapping in no time. A key feature for our organization has been Gliffy's integration into Confluence which allows us to easily build and link pages and spaces with visualization. Further, Gliffy

Cons

Gliffy meets all of our business needs, however, it isn't robust as some other alternatives (i.e. Visio, Lucidchart), however for cost, ease of use, and integration into our other tools it more then makes up for some losses in more specified requirements.

The accessible flowchart application designed with ease of use in mind

Helps me create flowcharts to visualize complex processes and relationships

Pros

It's very easy to use. If you can use a word processor, you can use Gliffy. Plus, there is a free version so that if you don't find yourself frequently making flowcharts but occasionally have something that really just needs one to help visualize it, you don't have to be a trained user in expensive software to be able to make a simple flowchart. There are many different styling options, and it has all the basic flowchart options that you need to make a variety of different types.

Cons

I can't really think of anything negative to say about Gliffy, it's a joy to use and I've never really encountered any issues using it.

We use Gliffy to do online systems documentation.

Pros

I like the Gliffy is easy to use and integrates well with the rest of the Atlassian stack. This allows us to keep track of the documents created and search for them later. The functionality is comparable to the traditional market leader and has a robust set of inbuilt graphic elements.

Cons

I would like the see a data-driven model allowing me to have live diagrams that pull from outside databases.

Easy diagraming tool

We use it in integration with confluence and is super useful

Pros

Gliffy has a very wide variety of shapes and they are very well organized

Cons

I don't like that every time you click "save" button it creates a new version of the diagram even if the diagram had no changes at all, yo can end up with several versions that are exactly the same

ER and UML, online and simple

I have designed multiple diagrams with the free version and has done its job. In addition, I can access projects from any machine with internet access.

Pros

-Allow to host your models and diagrams in the cloud and versioned. -User Interface very intuitive -Supports most diagrams and model. -Compare with the objectives for which it was designed.

Cons

-The free version is very limited and tedious with the subscription. - Little compatibility to extract the diagrams.

Used Gliffy for process documentation

Gliffy let me document processes in an easy to digest way.

Pros

I used Gliffy through Confluence to help document processes. I found that the process flows made a great addition to our requirements documentation. Gliffy was easy to use and came with a lot of preset shapes and options.

Cons

I only experienced one occasional issue with Gliffy. If I was working on a flowchart that had a lot of elements in it sometimes it would be hard to line everything up properly and it would get 'sticky'. This wasn't a consistent issue though and wasn't bad enough that I wouldn't recommend it.

My Review of Gliffy Diagram

I use the Gliffy Diagram often when I need to give professional presentations.

Pros

It is very useful in the construction of diagrams, with a very good appearance and with some ease - both in the execution and in updating the diagrams if necessary. The tool is quite good, I've been using it for a few years, and I never felt the need to change it. Really like it.

Cons

The only thing I can point out is that, using only the free trial, we have a limit on diagrams that we can “keep” in our account. If we want to have 6 diagrams that are constantly changing, we can’t. But I, in my experience, never needed to keep more than 5 diagrams. Some do and they are ready, I never need to change them again. So I don't have that problem. The construction of the scheme is a little “archaic”, but it also allows more freedom in the way the diagram is produced.

Used Gliffy to create Entity Relationship & Data Flow Digrams

1. Easy collaboration. 2. Requirements being represented via diagrams. 3. Ability to explain end to end work flow via flow charts.

Pros

1. Easy to use tool, with a lot of options available allowing to create diagrams of various categories like DFD, ER diagrams etc. 2. Very extensive library for various kinds of shape. 3. Availability to be used with Confluence is a great feature, where we create diagrams online and can embed these to our documentation. 4.Having the gliffy plugin for Confluence and my rep is really helpful. 5. Helps to collaborate and capture feedback online. 6. Pricing is very reasonable in comparison to similar tools available in the market.

Cons

1. Missing the feature of brainstorming. 2. Should provide an ability to download diagrams in various available formats

My go-to for all flow diagrams

Pros

Favourite Confluence plugin. I use this extensively at work. It has just about everything for creating diagrams - flowcharts, floorplans, electrical diagrams, rack diagrams e.t.c. I think it rivals (maybe even supersede) Visio.

Cons

Bug!!! Something does not like Google Chrome. Usually this is fixed on the next release of either Chrome, Gliffy plugin or Confluence. Does not cause problems, just an annoying pop up to report the issue.

A tool that gives a simple and efficient way to improve the proccess management of the company

A simple and easy-to-use software with a wide variety of tools, which enables us to create diagrams and process diagrams of departmental processes in a simple and collaborative way

Pros

The variety of customization tools to design processes.

Cons

The limitation on the color customization of the diagrams.

Used Gliffy as a diagram tool to create process flow diagrams and data flow diagrams

Pros

1. A variety of options to draw different types of diagrams. 2. A lot of shapes which enables easy representation of information. 3. Integration with Confluence gives a great flexibility.

Cons

For extracting the diagrams from Gliffy, options should be offered which are compatible with other prominent tools.

Excellent Diagram Tool

I document process flows for software, data flow, and network diagrams. Gliffy works great for me because I can create it in Confluence on a Wiki page and edit it real-time in a quick efficient manner.

Pros

The ease of use and quick learning curve make Gliffy a top choice. If you do not need all the functionality of Visio but need to diagram or show flows, it provides the ability to document processes and diagrams in a simple quick and easy manner. Gliffy is intuitive to use, pulling shapes onto the canvas, color palette and test information right there. It also integrates with Confluence making a Wiki page diagram an easy activity.

Cons

There are a few areas where Gliffy is not intuitive and it lacks an easy explanation/help/ However since it's very intuitive to use, this is not a large problem.

Easy and intuitive for wireframing

I have been using gliffy as my standard tool for wireframing interfaces, ER diagrams and flow diagrams for several years now. The software is easy to use and intuitive. There's a good range of form elements for wireframing and the export options work well. They had a bad outage a while ago, but they were up-front about what happened and did a great job of keeping users informed of how service restoration was progressing. I'm looking forward to making more use of the google docs integration.

Pros

Easy to use, fast to use. Works great in Ubuntu.

Cons

Use to do flowcharts, diagrams

I use Gliffy to provide necessary visualization to management, co-workers, and customers when proposing and managing business process change.

Pros

Easy, cheap, cloud-based. Gliffy is a great way to get into flowcharts, diagrams, and process flow mapping without dealing with low-quality drawing tools or high-price software packages. For students or occasional users, the free level may well be adequate; for small organizations, this is far superior in cost/benefit to Visio.

Cons

I *once* had a printout/export problem because of problems with a browser version. Gliffy support tried very hard to resolve the problem, but it did ultimately require them to do a software correction, and I worked around by using another browser. *Once.*

Convenient but limited

Pros

I use gliffy with Confluence multiple times per week. It is certainly handy to have it built into a collaborative tool like Confluence, but its drawing abilities are limited. It absolutely saves time to have Gliffy as a widget built into Confluence. It is portable (works across any browser).

Cons

Worse than the limits is the performance for larger drawings. Once I've gotten into complex drawing with thousands of objects it gets INCREDIBLY slow. While I've had offers from Atlassian to help, this really is just their software limitations. I've had the problems across three different customer/work environments in which I've used Confluence to document large scale process improvements, flow charts, or network diagrams.

This reviewer only left a rating

Pros

Gliffy is a superb tool for creating quality looking, professional drawings, flowcharts and diagrams. Its ease of use will allow you to create diagrams in a timely manner. What I like also is that Gliffy is that one only needs to know how to drag and insert forms, figures and arrows, and then just add any kind of text you want.

Cons

Great tool, but I think it can seem quite limited the amount of stuff you can do with objects. Also there is a limitation on the types of color combinations that one can use.

Gliffy is a good choice to sketch simple diagrams

I can do the entity diagrams of a database that doesn't generate the diagram, I can set a simple network diagrams

Pros

It's easier set simple diagrams like flowchart, network, entity-relation or uml. It's easier to set the diagrams and you can save with your account, if you pay the monthly suscription you can link to your google account and share your diagramas with your team

Cons

I think that the diagrams for user interface are a bit limited I think need more personalization and more componentes like a table, it could great that include and html diagrams

Really great tool for creating workflows and map out processes

Pros

Tons of ways to do charts and workflows for a variety of purposes. It's easy drag and drop and pull options. Lots of basic functions already preloaded.

Cons

Gliffy is a place that you can create a simple diagram, such as a floor plan or a flowchart.

Flowcharts / Diagrams can be created easily and able to attached to Confluence which is the place to store documentations. All kinds of diagrams can be found in Gliffy. For example, I am a software developer, is easy for me to create flowcharts, Database Schema and those charts that are relevant for me.

Pros

Different types of diagram can be created easily. Cost is low, can be found in Confluence and also Jira

Cons

Free account is very limited. Google drive integration is only limited to business team account. Export to Visio format is a headache.

Very strong diagram tool right in Confluence!

Pros

Really handy plugin to have for our Confluence users. Very easy to use and creates awesome diagrams without having to install software on each users workstation.

Cons

Recent cost increase is hard to swallow, I think it's doubled! Still not as good as Visio or SmartDraw as a complete alternative, however for in browser it can't be beat.

Super Easy to Use Diagram Tool

Pros

Gliffy is a super easy to use diagramming and mind mapping tool. My absolute favorites!

Cons

Nothing, it's pretty great and super easy to use.

A complete solution for diagramming management processes.

A complete solution for diagramming management processes, giving us an optimized view of our current scenario with possible editing and simulation of possible improvements.

Pros

It is very easy to edit and share diagrams made in Gliffy.

Cons

There are bugs in the view via web browsers like Google Chrome