Google Cloud Platform Logo

Google Cloud Platform

Modular platform for computing, hosting, storage & more

Google Cloud Platform Reviews

4.7

1.2K

How would you rate Google Cloud Platform?

Pros

The availability of this tool is fabulous and configuring setting up clusters is done in minutes. Also, the performance of this service is amazing, be it in any region, across the globe.

Ease of being able to access the information or saved documents of high importance. Love the fact you can connect with others and build great relationships with.

YE

Yvonne E.

I love how easy and user friendly this software is. It is also very reliable and consistently just works.

JS

Jessica S.

Cons

It is charged in dollar which makes it very expensive for people living in countries where the local currency is weak compared to the US dollar.

Matheus N.

I dislike that it causes me to worry about privacy in regards to anything I upload. You never truly know where it's going or who has access when it goes to the cloud.

Bailey H.

Navigation on the pages can be confusing at times and some information is not updated for the latest version.

1,203 reviews

Andrew B.

Director of Sales

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Google Truly is the Best

Transcript

Andrew B.: Hello, I'm Andrew. I'm a director of sales. I'll be reviewing the Google Cloud platform, which...

Strong CSP for big data workloads

Transcript

Kipp: Hi, I'm Kipp. I'm a senior consultant. I rate Google Cloud Platform a four out of five stars. For...

Google provides the best business cloud.

Pros

I am a fan of Google also there have big reasons for it like Google Cloud Computing Service. It's just an amazing and effective business solution for IT industry. I don't feel to describe this platform more because everyone knows it.

Cons

There is no fact to mention bad things about Google Cloud because they have extra. So I am super happy to work with this.

Why Google Platform

It was a great experience in the world of cloud services and thank you Google for making a platform so powerful and simple .

Pros

The user interface is friendly without complications, the availability of support, and his eagerness to solve the problem and clarify matters . Giving you $300 when you register for the first time with a Credit or Debit Card to enjoy an experience on the platform, and I think $300 is a very enough amount and there is no platform that does that .

Cons

The problem I faced was because the documentation is not updated and depends on an old interface and terminology, so I resorted to support to help me 0

GCP is OK, but..

From our experience it's OK for quick projects, quicker than amazon aws. For long term software stability or precise capabilities we'd go to Azure anytime.

Pros

Very powerful, straightforward, it sports a lot of the tools you probably want

Cons

Less comprehensive and enterprise oriented than Azure, less legacy compatibility, unclear and swift platform changes.

Google Cloud Platform is getting better and better

I am a huge fan of Google Cloud Platform. I have been using their services for years now, and I am amazed at how easy it is to get started. They have great tutorials that walk you through the process, and they also have an excellent support team. They are always available to answer questions, and they are great at making sure you don't get stuck.While GCP was behind AWS for quite a while, Google has done a good job of making their system more approachable through good tutorial videos.

Pros

GCP is a powerhouse platform with a lot of flexibility and strengths. Now that they've optimized the platform to make it more understandable for non-engineers, we're using it more often since it is easy to spin up whatever you need.

Cons

While GCP was behind AWS for quite a while, Google had a slow start to be an approachable platform for the less tech-savvy. Even now, there are more options and switches than sometimes seem appropriate.

One of the leading cloud technology in the globe

It was very professional with more deep advance work on programming language in Compute Engine.

Pros

So simple and really useful to make my imagination possible to make on GCP with rich tools, API's and more !

Cons

A rich base of ready made software made like Vertex AI, ML with Tenserflow and different api's.

In The Driver's Seat With GCP

Being an ever-expanding firm, we design mobile apps for both small businesses and for our own PC video games. We always employ various Google Cloud solutions such as Google Drive and Firestore. We use Google Cloud Console to keep track of all of our cloud services from a single interface. We also use it to increase and decrease the number of servers as needed to meet the demands of our various applications and large-scale games.

Pros

One of the most modern cloud service providers provides a cloud console that makes it simple for users to interact with a wide variety of cloud-based services. Navigating the menu is easy because each service is broken down into a number of distinct categories. There is a cloud shell capability that allows you to use a command line interface to interact with the cloud as well. There is no need for everyone to travel to the company to participate in the development of our video game projects because we can publish and manage them online. It's a cinch to set up.

Cons

Everything appears to be in fine working order. You can manage, administer, and monitor cloud resources without experiencing any delays by utilizing the GUI. It appears to me that there is significant room for improvement in the user interface in order to provide a more engaging user experience.

I don't know that a website could work without it

As we needed more and more marketing data from our websites we became more reliant on Google Cloud and its various products. I really don't think we could get some of our data any other way.

Pros

The price (much of it is free) to use the data from Google is amazing for what you get.

Cons

Google often changes how features work or integrate with little or no warning.

Best Cloud Platform with many Free Useful APIs and Tools

I have been using their API services for several months now. They integrate with my web apps very well.

Pros

It provides a lot of APIs for free. My favorites are OAuth API for my web app authentication system; Perspective API for my blog and forum; and Google Drive API for automatic file backup. Besides, Cloud Shell is free, easy to use, and includes root access.

Cons

The verification process for the OAuth consent screen is a little confusing. Also, Cloud Shell sometimes disconnects me while using it.

The perfect platform for data storage

Pros

It provides a secure platform for data storage that can be easily organized.

Cons

There were no particular issues with the software.

Best of the best.

My overall experience with the software has been overwhelming positive

Pros

I love that i never have to worry about where my data is and who has access to it. Its an awesome software that has all the bells and whistles all in one spot for you to be able to control your data and know where it all is stored

Cons

There is not anything that i don't like about this software. It has been a game changer for me.

GCP is a robust, powerful platform that offers simple cloud hosting for websites

Google Cloud Platform allows our website to scale rapidly as needed, while offering a cheap and completely customizable hosting platform. While complicated, GCP allows power users to run very powerful websites for fairly cheap, and unlimited potential for future development.

Pros

GCP is a very complicated platform, with unlimited potential for those who know how to use it; but once you learn how to use a specific tool - it becomes a very powerful and simple tool to use. I currently only use the Compute Manager (Virtual Machine), VPC Network (External IP) and Network Services (Cloud DNS) to run a cloud-based Wordpress site. Overall, once you learn the system, Google Cloud...

Cons

Google Cloud Platform is an insanely powerful platform with incredible features, but it also carries a VERY steep learning curve and is not for the faint of heart. While other web hosting services provide a simple interface most people can learn quickly, GCP throws you into the deep-end; requiring deeper knowledge of linux code (for backend management) and an understanding of web hosting in order to operate properly. Fortunately, with numerous guides and support forums/groups out there, it can be easy to learn.

Execute your workloads in fast, easy to use and quick deployment with Google Cloud Platform

Overall, GCP has provided a positive ROI to our organization leaving remarkable impressions, both from product and product service perspective. Therefore, I would highly recommend this platform for running your workloads in the cloud. Also, free trials are available with a bunch of credits which can help newbies to test and try out stuff before bringing production environment, on this platform.

Pros

1. One of the best User Interface available for cloud services in Industry. 2. Evolving and always enhancing feature-set which can not be ignored. Anything that can be service-based and can be provided as a managed service, you will find it in Google Cloud Platform. 3. Below are some of the best and most reliable services you will be getting along with this platform: - Google Kubernetes Engine: is...

Cons

1. Free trial is a little low on duration. At the moment, the free trial provides 3 months of access, however, I personally feel this is a little less time for an organization to test out their workloads and decide on GO/NO GO decisions. 2. Cache's shall be better managed. At the moment, a very constant and high-speed internet is required so as to manage this platform. If caches can be managed and better utilized, platform laggy-ness due to fluctuating internet bandwidth can be reduced, which would largely impact the user experience.

Google Cloud is a cost effective alternative to S3 and continually improving -watch this space.

Google Cloud has allowed us to scale key parts of our data pipeline and democratise access to data for reporting; removing bottlenecks in reporting and allowing self-service analytics, but it is overkill for companies that don't deal with pentabytes of data.

Pros

The integration with other Google products is particularly impressive and makes it easy to set up. Using Forms for entry to Sheets which sync to BigQuery and DataStudio makes for very quick and easy expansion. Recently they have added a feature whereby query results can be viewed in Sheets for quick, less technical analysis. I was particularly impressed by BigQuery's free public datasets: such as covid. AppSheet is much easier to use than MS PowerApps. They are continually adding novel features, with a natural language processing feature coming soon, allowing SQL queries to be composed using natural English.

Cons

BigQuery does not feel like a mature product yet. The UI can be buggy and is not particularly user friendly. DataStudio lacks the flexibility of software like MS PowerBI; it lacks basic scientific graphs like boxplots and control charts and I would not recommend it for scientific data. AppSheet lacks the flexibility of MS PowerApps and is priced per user, making it expensive to scale and greatly reducing the potential use cases.

Cloud Computing Solution for Web Hosting

True story - I somehow stumbled upon a YouTube video entitled "Free Wordpress Hosting on Google Cloud Platform!" So I watched it. Within an hour, I had my own cloud platform account open, had claimed my $300 credit (useful for playing around with paid services later), had claimed a free virtual machine space, reserved a static IP, and had installed Wordpress and was busy customizing the site. All that's left for me is to register a domain name and copy in DNS info, and set up an SSL. This was just as easy to use as any "web host" interface. The only cost I will incur for the first 12 months is that of registering the domain name. After that, my VM Wordpress will cost about $6 a month to host. I haven't seen anything else that beats this yet.

Pros

I was inspired to make a switch to the Google Cloud Platform as a hosting option for my website after seeing a YouTube video explaining how easy Google had made this process. I really liked the ease of the one-button installations and configurations. I also like the fact that I got a huge credit and 12 months to use it, to try out additional features aside from the main hosting that I originally planned...

Cons

I sometimes find it difficult to locate which segment of the main navigation in the management console I need to go to in order to accomplish certain tasks, but it's always something that can be easily looked up. There also doesn't immediately appear to be a phone option for support, which some users may expect from a web host - but this is Google. They aren't exactly a web host, they just give you...

An Idea Solution for Students, Autodidacts and Professionals for Anything Cloud Related

The most direct and consistent way I have been interacting with Google Cloud Platform was when I took the course "Google IT Support Professional Certificate". This course frequently makes use of GCP to explain real-life situations and I learnt a ton thanks to the doors that GCP open for you. It is possible to set up modified instances, which makes it a perfect learning platform for many different backgrounds...

Pros

In the context of education, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is wonderfully accessible, powerful and useful. Connecting to virtual instances is simple when deploying both Linux and Windows. The instances can be accessed through SSH and there is even a Chrome extension (Chrome RDP) that facilitates connections to Windows under any operating system in use. The platform is extremely well integrated with courses...

Cons

Like any software of comparable complexity, the hardest part is always getting started, because everything feels so overwhelming. When opening the dashboard for the first time, you can click on the menu to access an impressive long list of available products. Since there are so many aspects to learn, I would find it very useful to have a shortcut next to each item that goes directly to the most relevant...

Cloud-Scale access to Google Apps, Storage, VMs, Renders, and Compute Engines

I've just started with Google Cloud Platform, bug they've been very generous in offering free small samples, trial offerings, and at that, the technology itself is inspiring, from the literature provided, and based on the descriptions. Essentially, a developer could scale an enterprise or computing task, or app at full Google thrust, at scale of course; yet it's not at all a paltry offering; significant...

Pros

This software platform is much more than one single concept of software: it's the starting point for accessing all of Google's Cloud Computing services as well as the background APIs that operate at code and scripting level inside of shells and IDEs. Ostensibly, any common computer task, client, service, object, or node can be made in to a Google Cloud Platform instance, from virtual disks and machines,...

Cons

It's a vast expanse of software development to wrap one's focus about. That being said, a developer would be lucky to get some hands-on, real-world context of what the Google Cloud Platform Apps and APIs are fully capable of. There's not a whole lot to dislike; Google Developers on every Google product offering constantly update their literature and sites, co make sure that the content is presented well and that users have the means to learn by doing; going forth with the flow of context in development that pops up, from moment to moment; I suppose it [could] be more fluid, but then again, I am a common consumer developer and this is a beautiful array of modern computing leverage at my fingertips, potentially. I just have to learn to use it.

Fantastic Cloud Tools with Fast Deployment

I've enjoy using this product. It makes development time faster and it integrates very well with a wide range of Google Cloud / API products.

Pros

The Google Cloud Platform is an assortment cloud development tools - in my case, for web development. I utilize their Compute Engine, SQL, Storage, a number of their networking tools. I've found getting these different tools to work together has been very easy. One of the things I love about using Google Cloud is how easy it is to launch additional tools, create separate operating environments for...

Cons

My gripe isn't unique to the Google Cloud Platform - it may simply be the reality of the billing model used by most cloud providers I've used - costs can sneak up quickly if you're not paying attention. Since the costs associated with the cloud platform are all variable expenses based on items such as time in use, storage fees, or network thru-put, it often takes a few days for Google to properly...

The Google Cloud is Peace of Mind

Overall, I have had only good experiences with the cloud. I haven't noticed any glitches, crashes or problems with hackers. I feel that my data, workload and memories are all safe and secure and I feel that I have control over what happens to them. I would never switch to a different product - I love the cloud!

Pros

I really value the ease of use, peace of mind and organizational aspects of the cloud. First of all, it is incredibly easy to use and easy to teach others how to use. I have several volunteers that I work with and it isn't difficult for me to explain to them how to use the cloud. It saves me time that the product itself is accessible and understandable for people of all ages and skill level. Secondly,...

Cons

The only downfall to this product, which is hardly a downfall, is that the options for organization are sometimes overwhelming. I am glad to have so many options for organizing the cloud, but sometimes it's easy to forget about certain tools because there are so many. Other than that, I have no complaints!

Affordable Cloud Service For Marketing Analytics

Nothing but positive. I come more from an analytics background, but it's always easy for me to do the work of a data engineer in the platform.

Pros

Like all cloud software, I love how easy it is to import data and incorporate it into my work-flow for spinning up marketing dashboards. I specifically like Google Cloud Platform for its multiple integrations into Google Data Studio and other platforms, such as Datorama.

Cons

Like most Google products, I wish it was easier to integrate into third-party (non-Google) products.

Google Cloud Platform the best Cloud Platform on the Market

The best platform for Cloud Computing, very robust, with all services that you need for you application

Pros

First, that GCP accept the Brazilian Real for payments. Second, GCP have a lot of products for serverless apps, like Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, App Engine. Third, I never had to talk with the GCP Support, I never had problems with they.

Cons

I think that I'dont have any complain about GCP, the price is not too high, I think is cheaper then AWS.

Run your workloads in infrastructure powered by Google

GCP holds our ~70% of internal applications which were sometime back sitting in our on-prem infrastructure. GCP has not only reduced our costs but also reduced our manual overhead to over 90% of things being done by Google (majorly maintenance) and the remaining part of overseeing the deployed applications and their updates/ upgrades by our team. Since the backend is majorly handled by Google, our team gets more time to work on the actual product and make it more and more efficient.

Pros

1. The services provided by Google Cloud Platform (GCP) are one in its class and are powered by negligible downtimes and are available across multiple locations, all over the world. 2. Kubernetes as a service is one of the latest and greatest features of GCP. It lets you run your clusters without the manual effort of managing the overhead infrastructure and even the Operating system of the nodes....

Cons

1. High internet bandwidth is required to utilize the platform smoothly and to have a smooth user experience. In case you have low Internet speed at your workplace, you will surely struggle with this platform. 2. UI elements at times tend to slip from the eyesight, either if they are too small to be seen or the color usage of those fonts are not correct. These small details shall not be overseen and shall be decided with deep thoughts and with actual user experience.

Office tools in Google cloud

I have been using Google Cloud on daily basis for like 4 years. Alot has improved over time with their individual programs like Word, Slides, Excel, etc. But some tools like Draw is still not able to compete with something Inkscape.

Pros

The Office tools in Google Cloud are much better than Microsoft 365. The best part of G suit in Google Cloud is real time synchronization. When I work on reports with my remotely located colleagues, I can see them editing specific sections of a document in a real time. This helps alot in not repeating the work on the same section. Google Cloud shows all of this in form of different colors and small icons on top left of the document. When you click on the icon, the document jumps to the point where that person is working on. Other good feature is version control. In case if I am not happy with the new edits, I can revert the document to an older version.

Cons

The only part which I dont like is their slow evolution. Google is very slow in adding features in their G Suit which means at the moment, it is unable to compete with the Desktop based MS Office. But I can see it coming very quickly and very soon, people may stop using Microsoft Office on their computers.. They may only use the online tools like Google Office. Another part where Google need to improve is their slides which is like Power Point from Microsoft. The slides from Google are still at their very early stage and need to improve.

Works great for a business owner on a budget

It's been great. Easy for me, easy for clients, and easy for colleagues and collaborators to use. It does everything I need.

Pros

This is easy to use, and for very small businesses, the free version might be sufficient. So it's very accessible from a price perspective. I pay for the business set up, which is $14 per month, in part because of the email archiving functionality which I need for my particular industry. In addition, because everyone is using google these days for email, files and calendar items are super easy to share with my clients.

Cons

I use Microsoft in my other job, and I do think it's a more robust software, and that Office documents still have a lot of functionality compared to Google docs. That being said, the price of Microsoft Office and Cloud is prohibitive for a business the size of mine.

What my thoughts are about google cloud platform.

I solve data storage problems and help scale back the amount of human error. At the same time, I am able to run data smoothly and efficiently in a beat and orderly fashion.

Pros

I like the fact that you can store an unlimited amount of space as an online back up. If your computer has a major power surge and fries, your work and documents are saved and you have not lost everything.

Cons

I think that there should be an option where you can make the background and fonts a more laid back description instead of always having it professional. I really also don’t really care for how everything is connected to the google—-everything branches out from it.

Manage multiple clud storage form one platform

Pros

I'm delighted to use Google Cloud at work to create my documentation most quickly and straightforwardly possible. This process doesn't depend on my Computers operating framework, so I can be assured that this information will be saved and not lost. It's straightforward and accessible to anybody. I believe it is ideal for group planning or business-related tasks. I also love the fact that anybody may make changes to the archive.

Cons

What I dislike the most about this software is that report are regularly lost by accident. Searching for some of my records may be incredibly difficult. It is usually challenging to use initially to persuade others to do so. I believe it took some time for me to become indeed known.