All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Google Cloud Platform

Modular platform for computing, hosting, storage & more

Google Cloud Platform Reviews

Pros

I have a very nice and professional experience with Google Cloud Platform, because I build and invest in my cloud with full confidence. Because I know that my content is fully secure and safe.

Iqra Z.

Read the full review
Google Cloud's ability to allow users to share their saved work and photos with others is their best feature. It's easy to keep things organized and only share what you want to.

Lauren W.

Read the full review
Below are some of the best and most reliable services you will be getting along with this platform. Google Kubernetes Engine: is one of the best managed K8s engine.

Read the full review

Cons

One must really drill down to find it and to understand how to stop being billed for services not needed. There needs to be more prompts to inform the user what they will be charged for.

Read the full review
What I dislike is that there are some features which are not available and that's what make it unfeasible. Plus, the billing options are not front and center.

Read the full review
It can be quite expensive compared to other providers. It won´t have the same hardware performance as a bare metal server and might be costly if you are looking to get the same performance.

Tiago S.

4.7

(1k)

1,038 reviews

GCP is a robust, powerful platform that offers simple cloud hosting for websites

Google Cloud Platform allows our website to scale rapidly as needed, while offering a cheap and completely customizable hosting platform. While complicated, GCP allows power users to run very powerful websites for fairly cheap, and unlimited potential for future development.

Pros

GCP is a very complicated platform, with unlimited potential for those who know how to use it; but once you learn how to use a specific tool - it becomes a very powerful and simple tool to use. I currently only use the Compute Manager (Virtual Machine), VPC Network (External IP) and Network Services (Cloud DNS) to run a cloud-based Wordpress site. Overall, once you learn the system, Google Cloud...

Cons

Google Cloud Platform is an insanely powerful platform with incredible features, but it also carries a VERY steep learning curve and is not for the faint of heart. While other web hosting services provide a simple interface most people can learn quickly, GCP throws you into the deep-end; requiring deeper knowledge of linux code (for backend management) and an understanding of web hosting in order to operate properly. Fortunately, with numerous guides and support forums/groups out there, it can be easy to learn.

Google Cloud is a cost effective alternative to S3 and continually improving -watch this space.

Google Cloud has allowed us to scale key parts of our data pipeline and democratise access to data for reporting; removing bottlenecks in reporting and allowing self-service analytics, but it is overkill for companies that don't deal with pentabytes of data.

Pros

The integration with other Google products is particularly impressive and makes it easy to set up. Using Forms for entry to Sheets which sync to BigQuery and DataStudio makes for very quick and easy expansion. Recently they have added a feature whereby query results can be viewed in Sheets for quick, less technical analysis. I was particularly impressed by BigQuery's free public datasets: such as covid. AppSheet is much easier to use than MS PowerApps. They are continually adding novel features, with a natural language processing feature coming soon, allowing SQL queries to be composed using natural English.

Cons

BigQuery does not feel like a mature product yet. The UI can be buggy and is not particularly user friendly. DataStudio lacks the flexibility of software like MS PowerBI; it lacks basic scientific graphs like boxplots and control charts and I would not recommend it for scientific data. AppSheet lacks the flexibility of MS PowerApps and is priced per user, making it expensive to scale and greatly reducing the potential use cases.

First-class, better than AWS

Google Cloud Platform has been an incredible development accelerant for me.

Pros

The documentation is so robust and detailed that I can find out about anything I need to do. The interface is so clean and easy to use, it's really easy to find what I need to do. Contrast that with AWS where I need to look up Medium articles and guides (on Google) to find out how to do what I want to do.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software. The scale of the projects that I use GCP for are pretty small, but I imagine that for larger projects, I may be more concerned about the cost.

Robust clickstream data storage and analysis tool

My overall experience with Google Cloud Platform has been satisfactory. I have been able to work with IT to import marketing campaigns data from multiple sources and store them for querying by analysts in my team. Due to scalability and stability of databases in GCP, I can keep moving more marketing data without worrying about slowing down the databases or crashing them. So, all analytics pulled using this imported data can populate a dashboard and keep it updated with fresh insights. Which helps in driving higher ROI.

Pros

My marketing team uses Google Cloud Platform to collect Google Analytics clickstream data and marry it with structured data from other sources. I analyze that correlated dataset using SQL queries. Some benefits I see off using GCP: I can access data online using a Google email address which I already use for other Google tools. I can export the data extract using Google Sheets and store it in Google Drive. I can import additional data by setting up a daily feed from Google Analytics. So, I get the benefits of a relational database with ability to scale using Google servers.

Cons

Google Cloud Platform is great for importing datasets from Google Analytics and other Google suite tools. But from tools which are not in the Google eco system, it involves heavy lift from ETL developers or architects. Additionally, GCP Bigquery tool has a limit on the volume of queries an analyst can run. Once that limit or cap is crossed, companies have to pay extra. So, using the LIMIT command in SQL becomes critical to limit the numbers of rows. Also, there is a challenge of legacy SQL vs. current version because they use different syntax.

The Cloud Platform to build on for any startup.

I have worked at two startups now and both were started on EC2 and transitioning to GCP. The costs are almost 50% less at GCP than EC2 and the support at Google to get started is much greater than the massive AWS. The services and Vms are super easy to use and setup. And if your company is on Gsuite, then user management is great. Will always plan on deploying new programs and projects on GCP for foreseeable future.

Pros

Google Cloud Platform is very easy to get started with compared to other clouds. There is free training videos and courses. The costs are among the lowest of all cloud platforms.

Cons

At the beginning compute resources ran out in datacenters that you were already in and using. Also, sometimes features are depreciated or changed to paying for. There is a few months notice on those but still an inconvenience.

The Gold Standard of Cloud Platforming

My overall experience with Google and their cloud platform has been, in a very real sense, life-changing.

Pros

Google Cloud has made my job so much easier. As a teacher, I have to store my data, assignments, and everything else digitally. I tried other platforms but they all were clunky, difficult to use, or non-compatible with other services. Google fixed all of that. All of my data is at my fingertips and, as an educator, I will never leave this product.

Cons

Since everything is connected through Google, there is sometimes some overlap in different apps that do similar-but-technically-different functions. It can be a little frustrating to work in one thing and then find that a different app does it much better.

Cloud computing made easy

It's the best cloud computing platform I've used.

Pros

The GCP has made the deployment of development practices easy. Creating and Launching virtual instances is very fast. You are billed only when instances are running. The free trial credit makes it superb and standout among others.

Cons

The only disadvantage is that it assigns a USA IP address for every instance created. Even if the location of the instance is India, London, South Africa, you'll be given a USA IP.

Google Cloud is a game changer in the Cloud Hosting Game

It has been an excellent experience migrating premised based equipment from our data centers in the Google Cloud. The process went extremely well with minimal disruption of our business.

Pros

Google Cloud's ability to not only use the GUI interface but also the CLI interface makes it extremely valuable.

Cons

The user interface is confusing for users coming from AWS or Microsoft Azure. There is a learning curve for people who are not familiar with CLI

The best cloud platform out there

Pros

Google has managed to balance stability and feature velocity in an excellent overall package. Everything on GCP is fast, fast, fast, and there are examples of how to do just about everything. The tools available to interact with GCP are vast.

Cons

The sheer volume of features and options can be overwhelming. It's not always easy to know exactly what you need for a particular use case.

Market leader for developers

Happy user of Google, and more explicitly their Firebase line of products.

Pros

The competition (AWS) is a lot of moving parts to handle, where-as GCP positioned itself as a low learning curve and easy to get started with for developers with the offering from Firebase related products. Angular developers will find themselves at home with related tooling.

Cons

Lack of community in terms of blogs and tutorials as much as the competition, but the Google GCP docs make up for it. The Node.js version support has had some bugs but there's an active developer community on their GitHub repository for it that can help out and advise with workarounds.

Execute your workloads in fast, easy to use and quick deployment with Google Cloud Platform

Overall, GCP has provided a positive ROI to our organization leaving remarkable impressions, both from product and product service perspective. Therefore, I would highly recommend this platform for running your workloads in the cloud. Also, free trials are available with a bunch of credits which can help newbies to test and try out stuff before bringing production environment, on this platform.

Pros

1. One of the best User Interface available for cloud services in Industry. 2. Evolving and always enhancing feature-set which can not be ignored. Anything that can be service-based and can be provided as a managed service, you will find it in Google Cloud Platform. 3. Below are some of the best and most reliable services you will be getting along with this platform: - Google Kubernetes Engine: is...

Cons

1. Free trial is a little low on duration. At the moment, the free trial provides 3 months of access, however, I personally feel this is a little less time for an organization to test out their workloads and decide on GO/NO GO decisions. 2. Cache's shall be better managed. At the moment, a very constant and high-speed internet is required so as to manage this platform. If caches can be managed and better utilized, platform laggy-ness due to fluctuating internet bandwidth can be reduced, which would largely impact the user experience.

Cloud Computing Solution for Web Hosting

True story - I somehow stumbled upon a YouTube video entitled "Free Wordpress Hosting on Google Cloud Platform!" So I watched it. Within an hour, I had my own cloud platform account open, had claimed my $300 credit (useful for playing around with paid services later), had claimed a free virtual machine space, reserved a static IP, and had installed Wordpress and was busy customizing the site. All that's left for me is to register a domain name and copy in DNS info, and set up an SSL. This was just as easy to use as any "web host" interface. The only cost I will incur for the first 12 months is that of registering the domain name. After that, my VM Wordpress will cost about $6 a month to host. I haven't seen anything else that beats this yet.

Pros

I was inspired to make a switch to the Google Cloud Platform as a hosting option for my website after seeing a YouTube video explaining how easy Google had made this process. I really liked the ease of the one-button installations and configurations. I also like the fact that I got a huge credit and 12 months to use it, to try out additional features aside from the main hosting that I originally planned...

Cons

I sometimes find it difficult to locate which segment of the main navigation in the management console I need to go to in order to accomplish certain tasks, but it's always something that can be easily looked up. There also doesn't immediately appear to be a phone option for support, which some users may expect from a web host - but this is Google. They aren't exactly a web host, they just give you...

An Idea Solution for Students, Autodidacts and Professionals for Anything Cloud Related

The most direct and consistent way I have been interacting with Google Cloud Platform was when I took the course "Google IT Support Professional Certificate". This course frequently makes use of GCP to explain real-life situations and I learnt a ton thanks to the doors that GCP open for you. It is possible to set up modified instances, which makes it a perfect learning platform for many different backgrounds...

Pros

In the context of education, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is wonderfully accessible, powerful and useful. Connecting to virtual instances is simple when deploying both Linux and Windows. The instances can be accessed through SSH and there is even a Chrome extension (Chrome RDP) that facilitates connections to Windows under any operating system in use. The platform is extremely well integrated with courses...

Cons

Like any software of comparable complexity, the hardest part is always getting started, because everything feels so overwhelming. When opening the dashboard for the first time, you can click on the menu to access an impressive long list of available products. Since there are so many aspects to learn, I would find it very useful to have a shortcut next to each item that goes directly to the most relevant...

Cloud-Scale access to Google Apps, Storage, VMs, Renders, and Compute Engines

I've just started with Google Cloud Platform, bug they've been very generous in offering free small samples, trial offerings, and at that, the technology itself is inspiring, from the literature provided, and based on the descriptions. Essentially, a developer could scale an enterprise or computing task, or app at full Google thrust, at scale of course; yet it's not at all a paltry offering; significant...

Pros

This software platform is much more than one single concept of software: it's the starting point for accessing all of Google's Cloud Computing services as well as the background APIs that operate at code and scripting level inside of shells and IDEs. Ostensibly, any common computer task, client, service, object, or node can be made in to a Google Cloud Platform instance, from virtual disks and machines,...

Cons

It's a vast expanse of software development to wrap one's focus about. That being said, a developer would be lucky to get some hands-on, real-world context of what the Google Cloud Platform Apps and APIs are fully capable of. There's not a whole lot to dislike; Google Developers on every Google product offering constantly update their literature and sites, co make sure that the content is presented well and that users have the means to learn by doing; going forth with the flow of context in development that pops up, from moment to moment; I suppose it [could] be more fluid, but then again, I am a common consumer developer and this is a beautiful array of modern computing leverage at my fingertips, potentially. I just have to learn to use it.

Fantastic Cloud Tools with Fast Deployment

I've enjoy using this product. It makes development time faster and it integrates very well with a wide range of Google Cloud / API products.

Pros

The Google Cloud Platform is an assortment cloud development tools - in my case, for web development. I utilize their Compute Engine, SQL, Storage, a number of their networking tools. I've found getting these different tools to work together has been very easy. One of the things I love about using Google Cloud is how easy it is to launch additional tools, create separate operating environments for...

Cons

My gripe isn't unique to the Google Cloud Platform - it may simply be the reality of the billing model used by most cloud providers I've used - costs can sneak up quickly if you're not paying attention. Since the costs associated with the cloud platform are all variable expenses based on items such as time in use, storage fees, or network thru-put, it often takes a few days for Google to properly...

Affordable Cloud Service For Marketing Analytics

Nothing but positive. I come more from an analytics background, but it's always easy for me to do the work of a data engineer in the platform.

Pros

Like all cloud software, I love how easy it is to import data and incorporate it into my work-flow for spinning up marketing dashboards. I specifically like Google Cloud Platform for its multiple integrations into Google Data Studio and other platforms, such as Datorama.

Cons

Like most Google products, I wish it was easier to integrate into third-party (non-Google) products.

Run your workloads in infrastructure powered by Google

GCP holds our ~70% of internal applications which were sometime back sitting in our on-prem infrastructure. GCP has not only reduced our costs but also reduced our manual overhead to over 90% of things being done by Google (majorly maintenance) and the remaining part of overseeing the deployed applications and their updates/ upgrades by our team. Since the backend is majorly handled by Google, our team gets more time to work on the actual product and make it more and more efficient.

Pros

1. The services provided by Google Cloud Platform (GCP) are one in its class and are powered by negligible downtimes and are available across multiple locations, all over the world. 2. Kubernetes as a service is one of the latest and greatest features of GCP. It lets you run your clusters without the manual effort of managing the overhead infrastructure and even the Operating system of the nodes....

Cons

1. High internet bandwidth is required to utilize the platform smoothly and to have a smooth user experience. In case you have low Internet speed at your workplace, you will surely struggle with this platform. 2. UI elements at times tend to slip from the eyesight, either if they are too small to be seen or the color usage of those fonts are not correct. These small details shall not be overseen and shall be decided with deep thoughts and with actual user experience.

Office tools in Google cloud

I have been using Google Cloud on daily basis for like 4 years. Alot has improved over time with their individual programs like Word, Slides, Excel, etc. But some tools like Draw is still not able to compete with something Inkscape.

Pros

The Office tools in Google Cloud are much better than Microsoft 365. The best part of G suit in Google Cloud is real time synchronization. When I work on reports with my remotely located colleagues, I can see them editing specific sections of a document in a real time. This helps alot in not repeating the work on the same section. Google Cloud shows all of this in form of different colors and small icons on top left of the document. When you click on the icon, the document jumps to the point where that person is working on. Other good feature is version control. In case if I am not happy with the new edits, I can revert the document to an older version.

Cons

The only part which I dont like is their slow evolution. Google is very slow in adding features in their G Suit which means at the moment, it is unable to compete with the Desktop based MS Office. But I can see it coming very quickly and very soon, people may stop using Microsoft Office on their computers.. They may only use the online tools like Google Office. Another part where Google need to improve is their slides which is like Power Point from Microsoft. The slides from Google are still at their very early stage and need to improve.

What my thoughts are about google cloud platform.

I solve data storage problems and help scale back the amount of human error. At the same time, I am able to run data smoothly and efficiently in a beat and orderly fashion.

Pros

I like the fact that you can store an unlimited amount of space as an online back up. If your computer has a major power surge and fries, your work and documents are saved and you have not lost everything.

Cons

I think that there should be an option where you can make the background and fonts a more laid back description instead of always having it professional. I really also don’t really care for how everything is connected to the google—-everything branches out from it.

My experience using Google Cloud has been excellent

Google Cloud have all that I need once I got the opportunity to make a record for my work. It's a web device where I can without much of a stretch make a record, likewise, it's a unique format for introduction or basically decent covering for the doc, it is anything but difficult to impart to associates or companions, I can simply duplicate the connection and gives access to my archive and everybody welcomed individuals will get an email.

Pros

I'm glad that I can utilize Google Cloud at my work and make my documentation inside the quick and most effortless strategy it doesn't rely on my PC operational framework so I can remain quiet that this documentation will be spared and not lost. it's simple and open to everybody. I feel it works incredible for group arranging or business-related assignment. I additionally appreciate the very truth that everyone can alter the archive.

Cons

What I lean toward least about this product is that occasionally records are frequently incidentally lost. It can turn out to be extremely hard to search out some of my archives. It is frequently hard to utilize at first and to encourage won't to it. I feel it took me some time to really be recognizable.

Best in Class for VPN Compute Engines

Our goal with the GCP was that we needed a server to be accessible from anywhere, and decided instead of purchasing a physical server, we would put our server in the cloud. It worked well, and we utilized it as our SQL server for our data from our stores. Very high speeds from Google, so there was little to no delay on data traffic.

Pros

We utilized the Google Cloud Platform primarily for a VM running Win Server 2012. What we liked best with GCP, was that it worked. We tried several other platforms, but were unable to get them to work with our onsite hardware. GCP was the first platform which allowed us to establish a 3-way VPN tunnel to multiple physical locations, with the firewalls we had installed. Combine this with easy data backup tools and various other features, it made for a easy solution for our needs.

Cons

The GUI/website control panel area is relatively limited, and to really maximize your use of GCP you need to understand the Console commands and how to use the console to setup your servers and manage your settings. This requires some more advanced knowledge and training beyond a consumer user. Access to any type of support is locked behind significant paywall.

Fastest Cloud Platform out there!

Goofle Cloud Platform is one of the fastest cloud platform out there. Earlier our team was using another system and it was always giving us downtimes. Finally we switched to Google Cloud Platform even though the prices were higher. The system haven't disappointed us till date. They can improve a lot in customer support though.

Pros

Speed, Ease of setting up a new instance, Pre emptive instances

Cons

The pricing can be lowered. Also the customer support should be easier to get.

Host applications with ease over the most efficient cloud platform - Google Cloud Platform

We have our internal as well as client applications deployed on multi-cloud architecture, and I have personally worked over all the available cloud platforms. We also have built our own cloud architecture for internal purposes. However, by far Google Cloud Platform services are by far one of the best services available in the market. Reliance, cost and performance, all collectively considered, GCP would never disappoint any serious user and who actually wants to ease to deploy and channelize effectiveness to all its customers.

Pros

1. Amazing online community and support documents are available. 2. Supports the complete VM model and micro-services such as managed Kubernetes infrastructure as well. 3. Sole-tenant models are also available - In case you have confidential data to be hosted on applications and cannot take any chance to share your cloud infrastructure with other customers, you can have a dedicated infrastructure, all for you organisations use. 4. Complete on-prem systems can be migrated to Google Cloud Platform with help of engineers from Google. 5. Cost-effective and pay when used model, which helps organisations save funds. 6. Software Development Kit available for Google Cloud Platform, which can be used widely for any service and all via a command-line interface.

Cons

1. Very granular features are available on the platform which allows users to create custom solutions, but can become a little challenging to set up initially due to a large feature set available. 2. The platform heavily rely on the Internet, therefore stable network with large bandwidth is required so as to run the platform consistently.

Agility with intelligence

In general it has been a pleasant experience, I believe changes in the processes of the companies point towards their Digital Transformation and that is something vital for the industries of all the sectors. We are talking about a new era.

Pros

I will start by saying that I am not an engineer, I am a Social Communicator and I have been working in digital environments for corporate areas for at least 6 years. That said, it is not difficult to imagine that part of my work is related to developing email marketing campaigns. Task that I perform with a team with profiles of different areas of the company. However, having to send thousands or...

Cons

The disadvantages, in my case, could be associated with a topic of use. In technical terms, and again I'm not an engineer, I think it's a phenomenal tool. I do not remember a single opportunity in which we lost a campaign for a technical detail.

I was an early adopter and I will not change it

Early adopter in France - Google Cloud Platform saved my life. I self host my websites with GCP and it provides me such freedom of use. I guess some other platforms started later on and I am not saying they are not worthy but why would I change while I am so satisfied with their services. GCP is free for a while, time for you to test everything. When you know what you need you can scale precisely all ressources or tools, then you are charged very fairly whichever your use cases are. I took benefit of the free trial to discover other technologies I didn't know so much about when that time. I have experimented deep learning/AI applications for music creativity by instance - honestly I would say the only limit is your imagination !

Pros

- Will cover ALL your needs for cloud computing - Knowing how much complex these IT systems are, it is quite easy to use - Fair fees - Best technologies available - Great documentation and community - Includes Google Maps (with API) - Free trial period allows you to test a lot of features for free

Cons

- GCP gives so much freedom over technology it gets hard sometimes, but how can it be else ?

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.