Freshping Reviews

Pros

So far so good, looks to be on par with the other systems out there. And for free 1-minute monitoring it's the best out there for free.

Dang V.

Freshping is a very easy to use and high quality service that bring you exactly what you need, as the other Freshwork great solutions.

Shay M.

This is the first tool I open whenever I open my laptop, it really helps to monitor the availability of our website. Awesome integration, and it comes with 50-page monitoring, superb.

Leonardy H.

Cons

I had some trouble with the Zapier integration, so I gave up.

Aaron C.

I struggle to find the link to the publicly shareable page.

Jakob N.

Aaron C.

System monitoring

It is great and works well, and straightforward setup and customization.

Pros

Ease of use and integration possibility.

Cons

no custom domain with SSL for the free version. Who does this?

Freshping.io helps to keep penguins fresh

Wonderful and very helpful. Thank you!

Pros

That it can also do a TCP check, not just HTTP/HTTPS.

Cons

I did not like that I could not find an easy way to change the world region for a bunch of checks at once.

Non-existent customer support

Not a good experience at all. Slow response from support and eventually no communication. How can they expect any business to realistically rely on this service?

Pros

On the surface, this product should be good and at a basic level it does work. It's easy to set up checks and there is a reasonable amount of customisation

Cons

I was trying the plan above free to see whether it was worth upgrading because there was a check we wanted on a 3rd party site and their SSL isn't configured properly. There is an option to not fail the check on an SSL error but this functionality was 'buggy' (whenever I saved the check it switched SSL monitoring back on). That was fixed once I raised it to their support desk . However, when switched...

Better than Uptime Robot!

I genuinely like the bang for my buck with this software! It seems relatively easy to use and offers more features than that of Uptime Robot!

Pros

-The most bang for my buck (what I need for my use-case) -Faster and sooner check times than Uptime Robot

Cons

I'm not sure that I found any yet but I will update as needed!

Simple and effective

Mainly trying to monitor uptime, works perfectly for that

Pros

Simple, effective UI and product works as it says it will

Cons

Extra tools like DNS tracing would be great

Saves you time and money!

Over all Freshworks provides fast and professional support. Can't ask for much more than that... Yet you can get an excellent monitoring service for free until you need the additional monitoring..

Pros

Setup is easy and monitoring is quick to send downtime alerts.

Cons

So far, so good... No issues at the moment.

A Fresh Take on Simple Monitoring

Just doing some basic external monitoring of our systems.

Pros

It's easy to use and the cost is low, and it integrates with Freshdesk

Cons

The freshping vs freshstatus issue is a bit messy.

I found Freshping one of the best solutions for the status page

Pros

I really like the idea of him testing my services / sites automatically and reporting this directly on the status page, this has increased my loyalty with customers in addition to allowing me not to waste time always having to warn about the status manually, as it happens in other tools.

Cons

You could allow me to post a comment on the status page about why such services are down.

A lot of feature for free

Now I almost immediately know when a website or an application is down so it help us garanty our rate of service !

Pros

Free features allow us to check all our websites and application. It took 10 minutes to set up all check in freshping

Cons

Integration with Google Chat could be great

Nice Freshping

Mainly I was looking for something for free. Freshping gave me both options together with the introduction of the logo or Favicon

Pros

- Easy add servers - Most popular - Custom Status

Cons

- One language - Low ability to choose the appearance of the status

Happy user for more than 2 years and counting. Good value for the money. Not my first such service.

Peace of mind and not needing to setup and maintain my own such system. I am more than capable of doing it by myself, but being a busy IT expert I can spend my time doing other things instead. I have my virtual servers in several locations so I would be able to replicate many Insping services by myself, but time is money so I try to select where it is best spent.

Pros

I used various free and not free monitoring services in the past. While these services were more established and mature at that time they also had way higher (price) entry point. I wanted to start with something that would be less costly while still satisfying my needs. In january 2016 I found Insping to be such service. I started with basic service which worked well and was easy and fast to implement....

Cons

None that I can think of. They are covering my needs with good price/performance ratio and things simply work.

Great product and great value

Brilliant, we have closed a number of monitoring services down we were using formally and migrated to Freshping. It integrates well with Freshstatus, which makes our lives a lot easier dealing with incidents.

Pros

Price! It's free for up to 50 checks...forever! You can get a great feel of the software before you start using it.

Cons

I have had some difficulties connecting to the product to the Freshworks portal, support are actively working on it.

Website lifesupport system

Clean and simple website monitoring. It works without headaches.

Pros

The best part it's free and it offers a lot nicer UI and functionality compared to other paid options on the market. I'm not saying things because it's nice and shiny. I mean it. I use it every day.

Cons

Limits of monitoring 50 websites per account. I know, I know.

Functional and simple with good support

Very positive - Support is quick to respond during their advertised hours. They're happy to discuss feature design and roadmap, which definitely helps build confidence in Freshping. Tool is simple to use and offers many features that other companies charge non-insignificant amounts of money for.

Pros

It's simple to set up and get started with, and free.

Cons

It lacks some features that I'd deem extremely important for a monitoring tool, such as the ability to pass custom headers with requests, and see the actual response body of failed requests (though support has confirmed at least the first of those features to be coming in June 2019)

More reliable than other services I've used

Better accuracy of uptime stats and alerting, recommended!

Pros

I've used a few services for uptime monitoring. I have found Freshping to be more reliable at detecting donwtime than some of the other services.

Cons

I wish their website was (fully) mobile compliant or they had a mobile app.

Freshping review

We just start using it and it's very useful and easy to manage.

Pros

Quick implementation. Free tier. Easy to manage.

Cons

You need some clicks to integrate into the freshdesk service.

Great service and functionality

Pros

Easy to use and set up. The Zapier integration is the best. This is a reliable service that helps us know when there is any downtime. It is great to get an alert when the site goes offline and when it goes back online.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of anything that I don't like about this product. It appears that they are constantly innovating and improving on a solid platform.

For me is the best way to know my servers are running as expected

Real time alerts throught Slack. Now all the team know when something happens with the server.

Pros

I like the fact is simple to install, just paste the url and thats all. I also like the integration with slack and webhooks, it opens a lot of possibilities.

Cons

Being honest, I don't have any important concern about this service. Maybe the interface of the web page could be better, but nothing important.

Easy installation good health monitor

Good quality for money, free monitor service for up to 50 sites, links

Pros

Easy installation, haven't logged in in more than 6 months (got the reminder today). It's so good that it does the job behind the scenes. You get all the notification when the service is down so that you can act right away.

Cons

Nothing to highlight, works like a charm and it's free

Freshping is exactly what I needed

Tip-top. I wouldn't change anything.

Pros

Start to finish, I was able to set up Freshping for our enterprise in less than an hour. The service integrates easily with Slack and Twilio for notifications.

Cons

I had some trouble with the Zapier integration, so I gave up. It either works too slowly, or was broken. In either case, the built-in integrations for Slack and Twilio turned out to be all I needed anyway. Having to spend more than the basic (paid) tier for an SSL-secured status page is a bummer—definitely won't cross that threshold just for that feature.

Great product, easy to use

Pros

Freshping is easy to set up. The features you get on the free plan are adequate for most sites. The paid tier gets you a few more bells & whistles. It's reliable, and I like the alerts and Slack integration.

Cons

Not really a con, but the paid plans were needed as they didn't bring more value for my use case than the free plan. Some false positives are expected, but it seems that if a site changes DNS, the propagation of the domain can really cause the reports to bounce.

Monitoring HTTP external services and TCP Service

Pros

The easiest way to do some external check and a clean mail of alert. In my experience I've connected inspring mail to NAGIOS and do active check on email address.

Cons

I've not found a set of API to do some active check from our monitoring system, and have a unique monitor system with some sotellite systems like insping

Inspring saved us a lot of sales that would have been lost

Pros

The software is 100% hazle free to use and setup - only a few minutes more or less. I find it very stable as I haven't couth any false alarms the past years. To run any webpage without this kind of screening is in my opinion close to a "suicide".

Cons

I would like shorter checking intervals. As I am using the free version right now, the checking is set to 5 minutes. (Yes I am using the free version so who can really make any complaints ;)

A great tool for monitoring services

Pros

This tool is really simple to use and in a few minutes allows you to have full control over the status of the public services (internal and external) in use. The fact that there are no unnecessary features and that it is entirely focused on its primary purpose is a great advantage.

Cons

Nothing at the moment. The tool is graphically quite essential, but this cannot be considered a defect.

Freshping review

Pros

I like how I can get started without paying right away and I like how I can use Zapier to easily integrate a Webhook to a Discord channel.

Cons

The alert settings, especially in regards to the zapier/discord integration is not straightforward.