PagerDuty Logo

PagerDuty

Incident Management & Operations Performance Software

PagerDuty Reviews

4.6

How would you rate PagerDuty?

Pros

The ability to to have the information displayed and on the go with the App is great for us as we can engage with stakeholders and its bought in consistency for out out of hours team on alerting.

IA

Imran A.

Integration with CloudWatch, webhooks, Jira is outstanding, functional, and reliable. The application has gotten better over the years I have used it.

KD

Kenneth D.

Love the on-call rota, the ability to schedule overrides and multiple call out hierarchies. The wide range of alerts and abilities to interact with the product via multiple channels.

KW

Kristian W.

Cons

We also suffer during outages for the lack of a "acknowledge all incoming pages" button.

RD

Ross D.

Once I actually closed an incident of another person, mistakenly. Yes it was my mistake and perhaps my IT department's configuration mistake, but the UI shows me these incidents.

YA

Yotam A.

We badly need a "current status, open incident" that auto-acks whatever comes in and, say, converts them to summary push-notifications or some other "just an FYI, this other stuff happened" digest.

RD

Ross D.

Does What It Says On The Tin, And Very Well

We use PagerDuty for our on call rota. It was my first experience of such software and I would recommend it to others for its list of features and general ease of use.

Pros

Schedules and rotas are easy to set up and administer. Call outs are easy to receive and acknowledge. The app makes it easy to respond to an incident.

Cons

The app is a little limited. If a user gets a lot of callouts (e.g. multiple services go down) then I don't know of a "select all" option to ACK. Also I believe that users must go into the web version to administer rotas etc...

Want to receive less complaints from management about response time?

Need a pay rise? Get PagerDuty! OK, subscribing to PagerDuty does not guarantee you a pay rise, but it will definitely lessen the number of complaints from your bosses in regards to the response time to server downtime. However, this may lead to a neat pay rise when your bosses realized that you are getting more efficient in resolving the downtime. Not only will PagerDuty alert you of server downtime,...

Pros

1) Alerts for all kinds of incidents 2) Integration with most of the common and popular monitoring and tech sites 3) Easy-to-use scheduler

Cons

Pricing (its value over cost depends on the potential revenue loss for your business)

PagerDuty is peace of mind for our business

We monitor all our servers and services to make sure we provide uniterrupted 24x7 access to customers. If something goes wrong, our team is immediately alerted and takes action to resolve the issue. Simply works and we are very satisfied.

Pros

Once monitoring is set up, PagerDuty is peace of mind that our systems are up and running. Something goes wrong, we are alerted right away to take action. The app is what we use the most, specially off hours.

Cons

I don't know any conns to be honest. We use it for years and it simply works.

Making sure you're up in the middle of the night

Pros

While not super easy to setup, it's generally a one time things. Once you've configured PagerDuty you're free to explore all the integrations available. We use it connected to our AWS monitoring, DataDog, Rollbar and bunch of custom integrations. PagerDuty also helped us reduce to amount of alerts - it's easy to go to far, and being woken up in the middle of the night for something completely irrelevant helps you make better decisions about platform monitoring.

Cons

Not all the escalation rules are clear. Editing schedules could be easier - if you do that on a one-off basis it's usually by trial and error.

Beep Boop

Overall it's a great and mostly reliable product

Pros

Not having to carry a physical pager, separate phone for being on call The ability to see who's on call when easily Overrides API management of configuration

Cons

Lack of an undo feature or revision history It's difficult to configure a business hours rotation without creating a separate set of configuration, it would be nice of the escalation policy section included some time based logic Outages mean missing critical alerts

Pager Duty - the best thing to ruin your day

We have a 24/7 business model requiring some members of some teams to be available at all hours. With Pager Duty we can setup schedules which leverage the hardware our team is most comfortable using

Pros

Pager duty is easy to use and setup. Managing multiple schedules is charmingly easy. Receiving and responding to pages is simple, with a mobile interface that you can still use through bleary-eyed 3am wake ups.

Cons

It can be a little cumbersome to get multiple-schedule rotations in sync

PagerDuty to the Rescue

Really good, anywhere I go I would recommend PagerDuty .

Pros

The intuitive user interface along with the supported apps on all other platforms really help in keeping track of events. Moreover PagerDuty has never been down which really speaks a lot about the effort that goes in to making this amazing piece of software

Cons

I cannot subscribe to a specific type of pager, or pagers which should get escalated to only me instead of the on-call person.

I have no idea how to title my review

Pros

It solves many of our problems for alerts escalation. I used PagerDuty so far in 3 companies, and it solves many problems.

Cons

Web interface is a bit difficult to use. For example: when editing on call schedules — for each edit there's no way to return to previous screen, always I need to go to the top menu, select menu item, another menu item. It can be quite time consuming.

Essential part of the support stack

Pros

PagerDuty is a simple but critical piece of our monitoring and support solution. We use it for two purposes, sending alerts to support when urgent customer requests come in, and sending alerts to engineering / SRE teams when something is wrong with our SaaS. It's easy to define the hierarchy of how the alerts should cascade. Integration is simple since PagerDuty supports many common platforms like BambooHR and OneLogin. Oneboarding process is straightforward and simple.

Cons

For colleagues in some regions, PagerDuty requires VPN to access which can be somewhat inconvenient. However that's more a reflection of the region versus PagerDuty. Pricing for the highest tier is expensive.

Achieving zero downtime and 24X7 oncall made easier

Overall experience has been very seamless. Very easy to setup and use. But a little on the expensive side.

Pros

- Easy Integrations - Simple User Interface, very easy to navigate - Lots of features and functionalities - Very easy to setup - Schedule creation and setting up rotation

Cons

Pagerduty is definitely the leader in this space, but it is fairly expensive and hence we have started looking at other options.

PagerDuty overall experience

Reducing SLA times in emergency cases, easily getting timestamps and other information (type of alerts)

Pros

Good uptime, easy integration with other services for oncall and monitoring. Also has easy scheduling, nice phone app.

Cons

pricing model (seriously, the price jump per user is completely ridiculous), API limitations - are you supposed to test a prduct properly with larger scale if you don't have basic API implementations available?

Great Product & Features --- Helps in coordination and followup of Incidents with ease

Great experience. Lone the ease of use and the fact that I could get to my alerts and incidents quick and from virtually from any place.

Pros

The fact that I could get to my alerts and incidents from virtually anywhere, be it when I am working in my office using my machine, or travelling using my phone. I am able to action my incidents and or issues with ease and utmost priority

Cons

I wouldn't say there is a thing I dont like.

Pagerduty lets members of your team have some rest, and lets other teams have a priority contact

Positive experience with maintaining an on-call rotation so others know who is the priority contact at any time and members of the team can all expect some time off-hours that they can be truly at rest.

Pros

Complex scheduling and calendar sharing Multiple vendor integrations user identities

Cons

no problems that are likely to be caused by limitations of the service, it is complicated to get right, but works great once it's been properly configured.

Keeps you on top of everything

Pros

It has good quality but perhaps most importantly it works very well and provides consistent emergency service. It lets us know whenever something goes wrong and helps us provide good service to our customers.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like about the software.

Page Duty for Operations

It provides a quick and efficient means to notify tier 3 support and On Call resources assigned to facilitate system outages.

Pros

The use of email, SMS, or phone to communicate alerts efficiently. It also has the ability to escalate based on a user's response.

Cons

The calendar override feature is problematic and sometimes doesn't apply when creating an override policy.

After hours queue management hasn't been easier

If you don't have a 24-hour support center/team, this is a great tool to manage your queue in after hours scenarios.

Pros

Very simple to manage and make adjustments to the operational flow for our team. The app is straightforward and works well. Text message and phone call features also are very hepful.

Cons

The setup wasn't the easiest. Integrating our support took a little time to ensure that it was functioning correctly.

Integration w/ Calendars etc

Pros

Works consistently, never had an outage, straightforward to setup

Cons

No integration with common HR software or calendar software to automatically synchronize vacation with schedules. Would be a huge value-add if it could automatically adjust on-call schedules or provide alerts if someone schedules vacation when they are supposed to be on-call.

Best alerting system!

Pros

I have been using this application for over 2 years now and we use it to monitor our production batch over night. i have never seen this application has missed to alert any failures. Tracking and resolving the incident are very easy.

Cons

Mobile applicatiom is not good as web application. No flexibility on swtiching on call persons quickly.

A great ticket tracking and alerting tool

Pros

PagerDuty is easy to use and, more importantly, essential for effective tracking of alerts, errors and notifications. With great support for mobile devices, PagerDuty lets me track and manage issues and information wherever I go.

Cons

As the rule engine evolves there are few things that cannot be handled without writing code at our end.

Tool used for notifications of Priority 1 tickets for our Hosting team.

Knowing that you will get notified if a High priority ticket gets in the queue (without having to pick at your phone every time you get a work email like it used to be before PagerDuty).

Pros

You can login and see the schedule for all the teams involved in the on call process. It is nice to be able to find out not only about the current week, but the future on call times as well.

Cons

The reminders when your on call turn ends. I see the need for the reminder when starts, but I don't really see the point of the reminder when it ends.

Great software for smaller teams

With a small team supporting a global workforce we needed a way to enable our VIPs to get help at anytime without exposing to the general employee base. The features and functionality enable us to so this and enabled us to grow our services as the company grew.

Pros

That it was easy to setup and configure. The cost was a driver.

Cons

It is not the easiest to obtain additional licensing.

Excellent and easy to use paging software

I have used PagerDuty for over 7 years now, first in a company i worked previously for and then in my own company when we got set up. It is by far the best paging solution i have ever found.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and offers multiple ways to contact you when a page is sent ensuring you get the message. The fact that it also has the ability to fail over onto another team member should you not receive the message just re-enforces this point.

Cons

I dont really have any con's, this software is awesome!

Pager Duty is powerful tool used for production support in a best way.

Pros

Pager Duty consists of quite simple set up. It provides quick alerts for all sorts of incidents. It is integrated with the most common and famous monitoring and technology sites which is considered to be the most interesting feature. This is the straight forward app that works very well. It's feature of text messaging and phone call are equally helpful. Simply by login on call process, one can easily see schedule for all the team workers involved.

Cons

There are not any downsides of this software. One of the issue is setting up escalation levels in the beginning seems to be difficult. While integrating our support, it takes quite long time to make sure whether it is working correctly.

Bulletproof Alerting

Pros

Trustworthy notifications with user configurable channels. I like alerts by text and app, with a phone call backup. I don't know what the other guys on my team have set up. It has a mobile app You can set it override system volume so you can still hear your alerts even if you forgot to turn the volume up on your device Ability to set how many and how often you are alerted before it ends up escalating to the next person.

Cons

There is some rigidity to the scheduling which has some obvious workarounds that work for us. Does currently not integrate with Logicmonitor via the API. - Nobody likes getting up at 2 AM.

I have used pagerduty in my previous assignments. It's really a cool tool and on time.

Pros

Timely alerting and love the pagerduty smartphone app user friendliness.the best part of this app is integration with almost anything. Good work on that.

Cons

Only grieveance I have is they have lot of improvements scope in their support team. I have had a not the best experience whenever I needed technical support.