Pingdom Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.04/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Simply an amazing product, that lets you stay on top of network outages and assess them in a timely manner. Very affordable, when it comes to cost, comparing to some other options out there.

I like that I can see the "waterfall" view of my site, which helps me to determine what elements are causing my page to load slowly. It does work and it works reliably.

Tony C.

If you have the budget for it, it's a great solution to track website performance and receive timely alerts.

The few time we needed tech support answers were slow and they did not provide proper answers/solutions to the issues we had (broken dashboards, missing checks etc).

NV

Nikolay V.

It is a bit costly for purchasing. Reports are complex to study.

Ghanshyam G.

I can only complain about the way they present errors, a little more order would not be wrong.

Ernesto Enrique F.

Pingdom users...

Site24x7-logocaret
listing-logo

Site24x7

How would you rate Pingdom?

I love pingdom, I just have a hard time paying their price point

Pros

Pingdom is the best, quickest, easiest to use and from what I can tell the best designed in it's class.

Cons

My only issue with Pingdom has always been the cost. It was always too excessive for me to use since I monitor hundreds of sites.

Excellent Web Site Monitoring

Pros

Pingdom is monitoring my websites, I get alerts whenever anything goes wrong so I can take action before if effects my visitors.

Cons

Monitor your website, and validate if you should optimize it!

My experience with this tool has been very good, I really use many when auditing my site and to be able to optimize its performance, it gives me all the data that I need to improve to improve the loading speed of my site. I really like working with this tool. I recommend it.

Pros

The main function of this great tool is to measure the loading speed of a website, but the truth has helped me a lot when it comes to optimizing our website, since it tells me page by page what are the errors that must be corrected to increase the loading speed. The truth is very useful and you can measure the loading speed from different servers in North America, Europe and South America.

Cons

I really like this tool, the only thing I would add is to be able to compare the performance of different websites.

Great website-monitoring product

This software helps me be alerted in case some of our domains are suffering from constant instability

Pros

The software is very intuitive for first setup and "maintenance". In addition, going over the gathered data is simple and you can see the status "in a glance". The integration with Slack is also great.

Cons

For a simple URL-pings monitoring - I don't see any disadvantage with this product. Maybe it's less suitable if you need more complex monitoring.

A must have in web development

With Pingdom I have greatly improved the loading speed of my websites, presenting products that load really fast and improving SEO.

Pros

Pingdom is one of those applications that you should keep in mind when developing websites. You can get a full report on the errors found on your page and dozens of useful tips to improve the loading speed. What I like the most is that it not only tells you what mistakes you have, but how you can improve them. You can also schedule the analyzes and obtain a report on how your website works during the days. Even in its free version it allows you to do so, with the limitation of only one site per account.

Cons

A great single source for everything in website monitoring

Pros

Has a good set of free tools for analyzing website speed. Pricing is favorable compared to competitors. Has some great features for ecommerce sites.

Cons

Although the pricing is generally affordable, the service is priced in tiers which have a relatively big jump between them. Some competitor pricing models are more granular.

Estaba bien hace unos años

Nulo soporte técnico, no responden los tickets. La app es lenta y en mi caso no funciona en ningún dispositivo las notificaciones (IOS y Android). Además es muy caro, tienes otros servicios por menos de la mitad de precio y mucho más eficiente.

Pros

Me servía para controlar que las webs no estuvieran caídas y el tiempo de respuesta

Cons

Desde hace unos años han hecho cambios que lo único que han conseguido es estropear el servicio. Además la app es un auténtico desastre.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Integrated with Slack

Pingdom has been huge in letting us know when our site is down.

Pros

I like that pingdom integrates with Slack, We use this plugin to determine whether or not our site goes down and when it goes back up.

Cons

Really can't think of anything negative, however I wish it gave more detailed notifications about what caused the outage in the detailed reports.

Best website monitoring and speed test tool out there

Pros

I've been using buffer to test website load times and the results provided by pingdom is the most accurate ones i've ever come across.

Cons

There should be more test locations to choose from. Currently, there are only 4 test locations and that doesn't really make the tool comprehensive enough.

Reliable and affordable site monitoring tool

Pros

This software saved us many times when we launched our new site.

Cons

A bit complicated to set up but well worth it.

Easy to use and provides good data over time

Pros

The ability to setup alerts and see historical data of the uptime of our websites. It allows us to know when our website is down before our customers yell at us.

Cons

This software does exactly what it needs to do but nothing more. It is a fairly narrow purpose but useful.

Monitor Uptime - Helps improve customer experience and sentiment

It has helped us detect and resolve outages before clients even noticed there was a problem!

Pros

Track and monitor update for web base applications. Pingdom can alert you moments after your website/software platform becomes unresponsive. The best part is that Pingdom can send you text messages when an outage is detected.

Cons

When our company made some internal changes we set up a new Pingdom account and for some unknown reason the system triggered false positives saying one of our sites was down, when in fact it was up and working normally. The funny thing is that this problem didn't exist on our old Pingdom account

Great uptime and response tool, allowing real-time site performance

Pros

The ability to test from multiple locations at short intervals. Very easy to change monitoring and customise alert threshold. Having this has allowed us switch on and off ppc campaigns if the clients website goes down, saving the clients hundreds of pounds.

Cons

Although the free solution gives a good introduction, you really have to purchase the full version to get a true insight into performance.

A powerful tool for monitoring your websites.

Pros

-It allows you to customize alerts. -It also has a mobile app to check tests on the go. -The uptime monitoring service is useful to identify any issues that your website may be facing.

Cons

-You need to understand programming in order to use all the features. -It gets expensive if you have too many websites to monitor.

One of the originals, but no longer the best

Pros

Pingdom is one of the original services (at least that I can remember) for ping uptime testing. Its uptime alerting is reliable and stable.

Cons

Unfortunately the price point just isn't competitive anymore, relative to the features they provide. They only offer 1 minute check intervals (I use a competitor that gets down to 30 second intervals), threshold alerting is only available on higher tier plans, and you can't pay per-check so the moment you cross 10 your plan price nearly triples.

Fast efficient but costly site monitoring software

Pros

Does a lot. Site monitoring, real-time visitor analytics, page speed and more. A full-featured software

Cons

Pingdom is too expensive. There are other services out there that will do basic uptime monitoring for free and page speed testing for free too. I don't believe the feature set is worth the cost.

Best way to monitor Network connections

Easy way to monitor networks and is very quick to update.

Pros

Great way to monitor multiple networks. Very reliable and accurate when it comes to communicating a network outage. Easy to use.

Cons

There really is not anything I do not like about Pingdom. It does exactly what I expect and need it to do.

Good testing performance website tool

I use this tool to performance test and make some reports with the results.

Pros

What I like the most is that I can select the server from where I want to do the performance test.

Cons

It doesn't give much information about some errors or items to be optimized.

Easy to setup, reliable

I have been using multiple downtime monitoring systems together, pingdom has been reliable. Sometimes using JavaScript seems to be a better solution in monitoring than using DNS. Unfortunately, it no longer offers free version unless you have been with them for a while. I love the UI on their mobile app too, though downtime notification seems a little buggy sometimes.

Great insights on performance

It has been great to have this alternative to Google PageSpeed, I'm always using it to improve our deliveries along with other tools.

Pros

I highly recommend using Pingdom, since it's interface is very easy to use and it shows very clearly what's wrong and actions to improve your website performance.

Cons

Nothing to really complain about this service, maybe they could improve the documentation about the improvements and insights on performance.

Web Page Optimization Made Easy

Pros

Since we started using it our website has been performing better, cause it made it easy to check on our pages and optimize them, making them faster to download, and more friendly to users.

Cons

It involves having a programmer who can help you with certain aspects of your page, so if you are not that much into code and programming it can be a bit hard to fully optimize or understand the statistics Pingdom gives you

Pingdom definitely a need to monitor your server's uptime

My team and I thought pingdom is too expensive for what it can offer however we discover its capabilities and more usages after using for 6 months or so. Long term wise, it is better (in terms of cost) to use pingdom to monitor uptime, page speed etc. I have yet to reached its customer support so far, so i have decided to give it a 4-star.

Works great, no issues

I have used this kind of software for a long time and recently switched to Pingdom because it offers more reporting (such as load times over time). That is worth the slightly extra cost to me. Obviously, this kind of software is a must for any e-commerce site and it simply has to work. To date, it has worked fine.

Pros

reporting

Cons

Awesome tool for keeping your host motivated

Pingdom was often a lifesaver for me. I would be notified before my web host even knew there was an issue and that allowed me to stay on top of website downtime. When you're managing several sites and they all go offline though ... The SMS notifications can get tiresome. Still, they keep you motivated.

Cons

Solid software, but there are cheaper solutions that do the same thing.

Pros

The software works well. You give Pingdom the details and it'll do its job and notify you if there's downtime.

Cons

They charge way too much. I'm using a competitor product that does the same thing for 50% less.