Admation Logo

Marketing & ad agency project management tool

Admation Reviews

3.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend5.99/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

monday-com

I really like the ability to provide feedback directly on the creative asset via Admation and the ability to compare previous feedback w/ the amended asset.
Audit trail is a great feature and assists in accountability and responsibility. Customer support is fantastic.
The asset management is good. Like that the platform is quite customisable.
The inability to lock users out from making markups or comments after a deadline has proved frustrating, and the software can sometimes operate slowly.
Annotating digital artwork is awful when there is animation involved. If I take a snapshot to annotate it then freezes the whole page.
The worst user experience in the whole suite of the tools I use.

SN

Stephen N.

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Great product

Pros

the digital sign off process is key in our organisation allocating tasks and and notifications come in very handy

Cons

there are a few complexities that overlap which can cause errors

Hi Stephen, We are thrilled you are enjoying using Admation. There are some exciting new features coming soon that we are sure you will love! We have spoken to the development team about potential causes for your concerns, and our customer success team will be reaching out to help you resolve these issues. Any additional feedback is welcome at marketing.integration@simple.io. Thank you. - Simple Marketing Team.

VS

Valentina S.

Design, 501-1,000 employees

Good but still could be better

Good but not great, could definitely be more user friendly

Pros

Great for proofing particularly being in a smallish creative team

Cons

Not intuitive and updates are buggy. Freezes and logs out on you multiple times a day

Hi Valentina, Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the overall quality, features and ease of use within the platform! Our new UX designer will be working on improvements to intuitiveness in the platform over the next few months. Hopefully we can get a few of those concerns ironed out for you! Our protocol for testing updates pre-launch...

CR

Carmen R.

Graphic Design, 5,001-10,000 employees

Not a satisfying product

As above

Pros

It is not a user friendly product. I don't like it.

Cons

Having worked in the advertising and design industry throughout my career, admation is the the least user friendly software I have ever experienced. I have found this software time very consuming with the numerous steps and processes involved to communicate and proof to clients and the lack of keeping jobs in a systematic manner and status is very confusing. It is a slow program, inefficient and does save staff productive time. In fact it consumes more time than using gmail or the alike to contact, proof clients and to click on menus etc. I would not not recommend this program.

Hi Carmen, Thank you for taking the time to review admation. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with us. Admation's proofing tool is built to enhance transparency across different the teams in your organisation. So whilst there may be a few more steps to set things up, our clients often appreciate the added transparency around approvals, the compare functionality to reduce conflicting...

RT

Romina T.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Account Executive

I now love Admation as it is a program that both the creative team and I find helpful when trying to get projects across swiftly. At the beginning, I struggled with the use of the program; I couldn't find functions and commands, but I slowly started to get the hang of things. There is one thing that I constantly still struggle with. Creatives cannot see my message after I have approved artwork. I usually thank them (and sometimes ask them to high res the file I have approved). After several rounds of amends, it would be nice to have them see my message and next step to finalize the artwork. Thanks for the awesome program!

Pros

the fact that my colleagues love the program as well. makes things easier.

Cons

As explained before, creatives cannot see my message after artwork has been approved.

Hi Romina, We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying using admation to manage your creative team. It's great that you've found your feet within the system, but I'll definitely pass those comments back to the UX team regarding a first time user! Are you able to provide us with a given job number for instances where creatives are failing to see your messages? I'd love to get our support team involved in this if the issue is still a regular occurrence. Are you able to email through a quick summary of your issue as well as the job number through to support@admation.com? Let's see if we can help iron this one out for you! Best wishes, Samantha

NC

Natalie C.

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Review from Financial Services

Campaign management, and it works a charm.

Pros

Brilliant for reviewing artwork and providing feedback. The Ad Library and Asset Library have been of enormous benefit when it comes to easily viewing and navigating through existing assets.

Cons

Glitches resulting in briefs disappearing when they are saved or sent is incredibly frustrating. Especially given that this occurs on occasion when you try to do the right thing and save work frequently.

Hi Natalie, We are thrilled that you are enjoying Admation's functionality and having a positive experience. There are even more exciting features coming soon!. As for your issues around glitching, our customer success team will be in touch shortly to help resolve this. In the meantime, should you need, you can reach us at marketing.integration@simple.io. Thank you. - Simple Marketing Team.

MA

Maria A.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

User Feedabck

Can take it or leave it.

Pros

Hard to say , nothing really stands out as a wow feature for me.

Cons

1. I cannot download a word version of my document from the software! Marking up a pdf is so much more time consuming (and has less functionality) than marking up a word version and not everyone has the version of Adobe to allow them to edit a pdf. Often the reviewers are not necessarily those who actually have access to the software, therefore it is a waste of time for me to mark up someone else's...

Hi Maria, Thanks for taking the time to review admation. We're sorry to hear that you're having a less-than-great experience with us so far. Let's hope that we can turn this around for you! It sounds like you could really benefit from using our "Forward for Approval" feature in the system. You can use this feature to send documents to non-admation users. They can leave their feedback on documents...

TK

Tui K.

So frustrating I usually just end up downloading file to view.

I use Admation to review/mark-up items other people have created and I find it a very frustrating tool. I usually end up downloading the whole file to see it properly even though I am only interested in 1 or 2 pages. Should be able to download one or 2 pages rather than whole document. The viewing pane is too small to read when item is full page. But then when you zoom in, the part of page you can...

Cons

Hi Tui, Thanks so much for your review of admation. I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations. Overall, there are some really great suggestions for improvement here. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! Let's try to improve on that zoom function for you. A few other notes: At present, you can toggle between pages on the approvals view. The buttons are found at the bottom of the page!...

DR

David R.

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Hard to use, long process for approval

Slow, too many options and fields, is not set out in a user friendly manner for quick submissions. Does not advise of the companies requirements for submitting through admation and how those things should be submitted. Does not appear to be many people within the business that can provide support for using this, or at least in my area of the business.

Pros

I like the idea of channelling work through the correct teams

Cons

Does not tell you which teams each type of content must go through. Some of the options buttons are hard to tell which is selected, for example when selected for review by 'any' or 'all' reviewers. I also don't like how emails are not provided when content is approved, it means you could go weeks waiting as usually it takes that long for things to be approved, and then not realise its approved.

Hi David, Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation. We're sorry to hear that you're having this experience with us. There have been various internal discussions around simplifying the ALL or ANY approval options. I've taken each of your comments into account and will definitely pass this feedback to the UX team. Unfortunately your company doesn't utilise the custom documentation...

RS

Rebecca S.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Useful tool

Helps us to gather our marketing artwork in one place and has cut down on our emails sourcing approvals & changes from large groups

Pros

Great for tracking artwork versions & gathering approvals across a large team

Cons

Annotations tools require further enhancement (visibility & late annotation additions) and deadline tools could be simpler and more visible for easy prioritisation.

Hi Rebecca, What an awesome review! We pride ourselves on the approval functionality we offer, so we are pleased to hear it is serving you well. You'll likely enjoy some of our new governance & compliance features, soon to become available. Thank you also for your feedbacks for improvements, this helps ensure we are always optimising. If there is anything else you'd like to share, shoot us an email at marketing.integration@simple.io. Thank you. - Simple Marketing Team

TR

Tom R.

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

simple concept difficult to master

peace of mind that our enterprise complaince around signoff is met

Pros

Admation ensures every of our creative that goes to market has been gisned off by relevant stakeholders (provided people remember to use it). Easy to approve work (as an approver)

Cons

can become very frustrating when there are countelss rounds of signoff... the tool is used in our organisation as a complicated collaborative working tool that generates resentment at times when things are submitted again aand again for minor changes when a phone /meeting or email could get everyone on the same page. very annoying that you have to download word docs to mark them up and it can't be done in the software

Hi Tom, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on admation. We understand your frustrations with the approval process with larger organisations, where there are so many stakeholders and multiple revisions. We hope that admation over time actually reduces the number of revisions by offering greater transparency across teams. The benefit of using a tool such as admation, rather than email to manage approvals is that it helps organisations meet their marketing compliance obligations. Please let our product support team know if you have any other issues. Many Thanks, Admation Support Team.

SS

Stephanie S.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Like working in 1998

I try to use it as least as possible, I have gone back to emailing all assets for approval to make it easier for the approver to access and view my "deliverables". If someone says to me "it's in Admation" I literally get a sense of dread. My poor manager has made it his almost full time job just trying to manage the mess that is admation and I get him to brief me via Jira. Which is double handling for him, but there was so much mis-communication and tasks falling into black holes when all our teams tried to use admation only. It has now added to our work load and is another thing we "have to do".

Pros

um nope, sorry, nothing comes to mind. Wow, you put a minimum character count for this field? Sad.

Cons

UI & design- Awful, extremely dated, feels like going back in time. UX- Complicated and unintuitive, so many elements on the interface seem redundant or meaningless and cannot be self interpreted. Features-limited and clunky. Multiple ambiguous steps required for simple tasks, features lacking for how our company is trying to use it (as a complete workflow and approvals system). I could go on, but I really don't have the time.

Hi Stephanie, I'm sorry that you've had this experience with us. We're continuously working with our UX team to improve the customer experience across the platform. We've recently welcomed a new UX developer who should be pushing out a few great changes across the system before the end of the year. The character count sounds like something that's coming from your custom-briefs. This is customisable...

AJ

Ashley J.

Marketing and Advertising, 10,001+ employees

Switching to different jobs can be problematic

It has great potential but our multiple-job high-turnover workflow hampers our efficiency.

Pros

The Approval Module. I like how clients can batch mark up changes when rolling out campaign artwork.

Cons

Switching between modules/windows. Due to the programming, each click loads in a new window. When there's a 15sec lag and you need to navigate to another section by clicking 6 times it gets a little frustrating.

Hi Ashley, We're very sorry to hear that you're having this experience with admation. We'll continue to monitor those speed issues for you. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to email support@admation.com if you require any further assistance. Best wishes, Samantha

SN

Sylvia N.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

It's confusing where to find things, not displayed in a visual way for visual people

Pros

The "Resources" button is the most useful for seeing how people's days are filled and how much time I have allocated towards projects.

Cons

It's just extra work- we're not sure if files get sent properly through admation so we have to double down and email them also- we need to double book- first on admation and then on google cal; these features should be synced so only one action needs to be taken. Admation needs better integration with Google. Also, tasks should be shown for visual people; given an option to switch views.

Hi Sylvia, Thank you for your recent review of admation. We really appreciate the feedback. Sylvia, our team is aiming to have the ability to subscribe to your admation calendar available in the next 6 to 9 weeks. Currently, admation users are able to subscribe to Project Dates, Away Days, Meetings and Approval Deadlines, and we believe our users should also be able to subscribe to their Tasks. Regarding how tasks are displayed, on the Tasks page there is a List and Calendar view option available under the 'My Tasks' section. Please feel free to contact our friendly Support Team who can provide you with any additional help or information. Many Thanks, Admation Support Team.

SP

Sophie P.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Admation

It is a great tool when it works properly. It would be great to be able to bulk download artwork as currently we have to download individually which is very time consuming.

Pros

It keeps our artwork reviewing in one place.

Cons

There are quite often bugs when using it and i have to refresh and start again when using it.

Hi Sophie, Thanks for taking the time to review admation! It sounds like you might benefit from our cart feature to bulk download finalised artwork from our ad storage or asset library platforms. Please message our support team for assistance on using this feature via support@admation.com! It's strange that you're receiving bugs under certain workflows. It would be great if you could send through an email to our support team as soon as this error happens so that we can troubleshoot your issue as it happens! Thanks again for your feedback! I hope that the support team can help to iron out a few of those issues for you! Best wishes, Samantha

CK

Carol K.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Admation user review

I use Admation every day. The developers took in our feedback as users very early on and this made a huge difference to how the system was evolved and to how we use it. It is really easy to use from our perspective as reviewers and approvers. I find the process of uploading new projects very user unfriendly, but like anything, it is a matter of getting used to the system, but this could be improved in my view as a user. We have had very few technical issues with Admation and if we have ever needed tech support, the team has been instantly responsive to solve the issue! Overall I am a big fan.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Uploading new projects/files is unnecessarily complicated.

Hi Carol, Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback! As always, if you have any feature requests or if you require any assistance, please don't hesitate to email our support team via support@admation.com! Best wishes, Samantha

CF

Candice F.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Overall good functionality

Pros

The workflow is simple and customisable. I particularly like the Feedback and Proofing user interface which allows for batch feedback and approvals.

Cons

Frequent timeouts and dropout that often result in losing whole briefs.

Hi Candice, Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback, and we're glad that you're enjoying our Batch Review functionality. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll continue to monitor these dropout issues for you. In the meantime, we recommend using the 'Save for Later' function, ensuring that brief information is saved to minimise data loss. You may also find that clicking the 'Save for Later' also minimises the occurrence of that 60 minute time out. We recommend that you try it out and let us know how you go! Thanks. Best wishes, Samantha

re

richard e.

Media Production, 501-1,000 employees

Admation - keeps your projects on track

the recent upgrades to support larger screen size works well however i would love to see it applied to the projects view pages. and i do prefer the darker look of the UI than the lighter version.

Pros

i can view all my projects from the dashboard, adding new approval,rejection window is perfect addition.

Cons

I do prefer the darker looking UI , sometimes very hard to locate projects.

Hi Richard, So glad to hear that you're enjoying admation and thanks for your suggestions! I've passed these back to the team for review. If you have any further comments or enhancements, please don't hesitate to email them through to our support team! Best wishes, Samantha

CW

Cassie W.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Good Features, Not Quite There Yet

Pros

I like that you are able to use this tool for reviewing creative assets. I like that there can be different approval levels and your home screen has everything you need at a glance.

Cons

The features people need are there with Admation, however it is not very user friendly. Its very clunky and doesn't have the best work flows.

Hi Cassie, Thanks so much for your review of admation. We're glad that you're enjoying the different approval levels in the system. The Dashboard really is a great tool too, isn't it! I've passed your comments back to the UX team for review. Your comments have been really helpful. Hopefully we can use your suggestions to help to improve the overall user journey within the system! Best wishes, Samantha

MM

Mollie M.

Retail, 201-500 employees

Admation

Pros

Cross team communication approval is very easy and makes approving artwork simple and clear.

Cons

There is nothing i really dislike about the software. Overall use could be a little easier.

Hi Mollie, What an amazing review! We always love to hear that users are having positive experiences with our platform. If you have any specific suggestions around improved usability, we would love to hear them at marketing.integration@simple.io. Thank you. - Simple Marketing Team.

JN

Judith N.

Some starting hurdles but overall helps make review process better

It can seem a bit overwhelming and clunky to use at a start, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes an intrinsic part of making sure all stakeholders get a say, content is reviewed and approved according to process, and there's a clear audit trail.

Pros

Visibility of content review process for audit and governance.

Cons

It's not the smoothest UX - could be more intuitive and friendly so easier to pick up.

Hi Judith, Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback. It's great that you've found your feet in the system. I'll definitely pass your comments back to the UX team to review the process for first-time users. If you ever require any assistance, please don't hesitate to email our support team via support@admation.com! Best wishes, Samantha

RJ

Rosie J.

Efficient way to work with agencies and mark up files.

Pros

I receiving the notifications! Because usually you're awaiting on a job so it's great to be notified when it's ready for review in the system.

Cons

Sometimes once I've approved something and I'm searching for it after a period of time I have issues finding it. And also the mark up tool. I never use it. I always download, PDF comment and re upload.

Hi Rosie, Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! It's great that you're finding value from our email notifications. It sounds like you might benefit from using our filter function to search for items. If they are past projects, it's possible that they may have been moved to your Ad Storage. You can also use filters under that screen to locate older files! We're sorry to hear that you're not using the mark up tools. Is there anything you feel that we can improve on here? We look forward to hearing back from you with your suggestions. Best wishes, Samantha

MP

Madeleine P.

Banking,

Took a while to get the hang of it, but I do find it easy to use

Pros

Comparing two versions of mark ups Forwarding for approval/feedback Asset library for stock images

Cons

Having to go through multiple folders to get a file once downloaded Having to individually select deliverable type for multiple deliverables of the same type

Hi Madeleine, I'm glad that you're enjoying your use of the admation platform! The compare function really is a great tool, isn't it! I definitely get that it can be quite time-consuming to allocate those deliverable types one by one. I can see that your review date was quite some time ago, but there is an option in the system to Batch Edit the deliverable type when you're uploading multiple files. I'd recommend getting in touch with our support team via support@admation.com to learn more about the batch editing. I really hope this helps to save you some time when uploading files! Happy Productivity, Samantha

GW

Gavin W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees

Room for improvement

The functionality of the software works well and does well to make an important process very clear to stakeholders. We do however experience many crashes and errors. This can be particularly frustrating when projects are time critical. There is also plenty of room for improvement regarding ease of use.

Pros

- Makes a complicated process clear to different stakeholders - Notifications and reminders work well

Cons

- The amount of crashes and errors you experience - Ease of use could be simplified and become more intuitive

Hi Gavin, Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation. We really appreciate your feedback. We'll keep monitoring these instances where the application crashes. Our UX team is currently reviewing the customer journey across the platform so I'll make a note to pass your comments onto the team. Thanks again, Samantha at admation

BP

Bronwyn P.

Wine and Spirits, 51-200 employees

Integration with other technology would be helpful

We predominantly use Admation as a central storehouse for creative assets and approvals. It's a great tool for basic project management, although I feel like it's capable of more. This could just be a limitation because we have one main administrator. Ideally we would use this program for full project management beyond just the creative component. I'd also like to see other program integration (specifically Google applications like Calendar and tasks) for a more seamless work flow.

Pros

I like having all the creative assets in one place

Cons

Slow; can't operate in multiple tabs in Chrome; doesn't integrate with calendar.

Hi Bronwyn, Thanks for taking the time to review the platform! We really appreciate your feedback. If you'd like to integrate admation with your device's calendar, you can subscribe via your admation account. Just head to Your Name > Settings > Admation Calendar Subscription > Instructions for information on how to achieve this! We hope this helps you out. I'll definitely pass your requests onto the team for review. Thanks again for stopping by! Best wishes, Samantha

AP

Angela P.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

First experience with Admation

Admation is a well thought out program and user friendly. What I would recommend - to make it more visually impacting out in the arena of management software products is to showcase a video or small training program on how to use it, what it can do/provide etc. I found it difficult to get any training online. All training was internal at my workplace. It would make it more effective for people to grapple and understand Admation more quickly if there was a training program available at the initial stage.

Pros

As a first time user it is a nicely set up program Visually pleasing and easy to navigate.

Cons

The only thing I would recommend is that a small, concise training video be linked to Admation to make it easier for first time users to view and get the basic understanding and navigation of the program.

Hi Anjela, great response and thank you for your feedback. Our support and training team will reach out to you. In the meantime you can view training videos in our knowledge repository at the following link https://support.admation.com/hc/en-us and please send any suggestions to marketing.integration@simple.io. Thank you - Simple Marketing Team