All categories

Benchmark Email Reviews

Reviews Summary

Brian M.

Read the full review
Pricing is nice, and i like that the Email automation is in a flow chart. It makes it easy to understand.

Ean S.

Read the full review
The analytics provided are a great added feature to emails. I love the resend option, and the ability to see failure rate and open rate of each e-mail so that we can adapt our wording.

Diane K.

Read the full review

Cons

Poor - since the last few months (just unacceptable). Unless there is restoration of Benchmark used to be, we will stop using the platform.

Ranjan G.

Read the full review
They make the cancelation process a pain. You need to find the hidden link and go via chat where they make you waste 30 min asking you stuff to avoid cancelation.

Cristian W.

Abed H.

My Review of Benchmark Email

Very good! Customer support responded quickly to my inquiries. For emailing your customer base easily and on a regular basis - this is good value for the money.

Pros

I loved the ability to design newsletters and email them directly to my subscribers. They have many different templates for you to choose from. The ease of use made my actual "writing time" for a newsletter minimal.

Cons

I used Benchmark when I first started in online business. It was very easy to use and the price was in my comfort zone. I then tried to set up a couple of "funnels" and could not do so (this was a couple of years ago - so time may have changed). I contacted Customer Support and was informed that the system I was trying to put in place was not available through Benchmark, that they were only for emailing directly. Unfortunately, I had to close my account and move on to a competitor that did allow me to build out my funnels for online marketing.

Easy to use platform

Overall, I am satisfied and will continue to use Benchmark . I started on a Free Trial and upgraded to a paid service. I plan on sticking to Benchmark for a quarterly newsletter and using to send invitation or special emails.

Pros

This platform is very user-friendly. It doesn't take much effort to get up to speed on how to use it, and there are many email templates to choose from so you don't always have to create something from scratch! I think it's good value for the money, and the support team has been very helpful in my experience.

Cons

There ares some features where I feel limited. I am not too experienced with softwares like this, so I don't know what's available....but I really wish there was a pop-up feature, where users could click on a button and it would connect to their email to forward a newsletter for example. I also have experienced some deliverability issues and have not been 100% satisfied with the response. I think with this and being a new user, it takes time to learn and develop the best strategy.

Hello Andrew, Thank you for the review and high rating. Regarding the feature you mentioned, we do have a forward option for the campaigns you send. When you have a moment, log in and chat with us, we'd love to show you how this feature works and also how to improve your deliverability. - Benchmark Team

Waiting For the Beta

I have used other email marketing programs. I chose Benchmark because I wanted an inexpensive option for a project for a client. I would say Benchmark is easy to use and easy to learn especially if you have ever used an email marketing program before. But like all software programs, it has its quirks and you learn to get around them. But Benchmark's tutorials, FAQs and feature lists may not...

Pros

Benchmark is easy to use. Easy to set up. Good for very simple customer outreach, i.e a storefront that collects emails and wants to alert customers to sales.

Cons

Very limited feature set. Not standard at this point.

Hi Judith, We appreciate you using Benchmark Email and taking the time to provide some feedback. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our ease of use as well. We do, however, want to address some of your points in regards to our FAQs and tutorials as well as Automation Pro. Admittedly, our FAQs and tutorials are an area we¿d like to put more focus on. That¿s why we¿ve recently established...

Happy customer

Overall I enjoy using it very much.

Pros

Unlike other email programs, benchmark allows me to send as many emails as I need without having to pay extra. I think benchmark is one of the only platforms that allows me to pay on the basis of the number of records and add the number of emails that I send.

Cons

Sometimes there is massive delays in receiving test emails.

Hello Michael, Thank you for your review. Please don't doubt to chat with us if you're encountering issues with our test emails. We'll be glad to help. - Benchmark Team

Benchmark Email

No benefits yet

Pros

Ease of use. Nice design, Makes it easy to track performance

Cons

I have sent the first email yesterday. Out of 409 people, only 75 have viewed the mail so far. No one registered online yet. One concern is that emails go to promotion or to junk. Another, is that marketing for your software is misleading. Is started with the free plan thinking that I can upload up to 2400 contacts and email them. The free plan did not work properly, I was allowed to email 250 persons a month, and I wasnt allowed to upload the contact list because your check found out that I have more than 5% invalid emails ( I believe this is a policy to force upgrading to pro, which we were going to do after testing the performance of benchmark).

Simple, Effective Tool

Benchmark was an excellent starter tool for our company's email marketing campaigns. We eventually needed to move on to a tool with more functionality, integrations and features, but I would highly recommend Benchmark to those starting out with email marketing!

Pros

Benchmark was a very easy-to-use tool for our team's email campaigns. You need very little design experience to create beautiful campaigns. All of the features are very intuitive.

Cons

Benchmark doesn't offer the same features as some of the other big players; the automation is limited and tracking/analytics don't stack up. For the price and basic features though, it's a win.

Hi, Thank you for the review. - Benchmark Team

simple yet powerful

Pros

benchmark provides a great WYSIWYG editor - much better than most and all of the preset templates are fully responsive. Navigation is simple, the layout is clean, and the reporting functionality is great. seamless automation mapping makes setting up automated campaigns a breeze. GREAT customer service is also a bonus.

Cons

Like most email marketing suites, it can get pricey as subscribership grows a there are lower cost alternatives available but they lack the functionality that benchmark offers. image storage is limited to 10mb without upgrading to unlimited for an additional five a month. Deliverability is ok but could be further improved but is getting better.

Thanks for the review Mathew. We have worked countless hours to get the editor where it's at. It makes our day to read a comment like this :). At this time, email delivery is our top priority and we look forward to continuously improve our sending methods for best delivery to the inbox. Thank you for choosing Benchmark and for taking the time to write this review.

good service, some good features, needs photo editor and interface improvement

Good - I use it often to communicate with prospective camp families and staff!

Pros

the email editor is excellent, and the open/click tracking is very good.

Cons

the built-in photo editor is poor. simple things are missing, like rounded corners, circle mask, edge blur and erosion... The interface is very “clicky” - there are multiple clicks where one will do (e.g. Adding contacts), and pathways you need to click through over and over again (e.g. Look at unopens, resend to unopens). An interface once-over could save hundreds of clicks. Delivery rates seem to have improved, but were low in Fall 2018. Also AOL seems inclined to auto-mark Benchnark as spam, which Benchmark then lowers your rating for! I had to remove all AOL addresses.

Hello John, Thanks for the feedback. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about these issues, they seem as if they're isolated to your account. - Benchmark Team

User-friendly, Great Support

I send out a great many videos and wouldn't use a email service without this capability. My trial period was cut short due to the limitations on a free account, forcing me to pay before I had a chance to evaluate the platform. I feel there should be special pricing for a Non-Profit. I'd like to see unlimited contacts and due to a paid account, have unlimited emails.

Pros

I've experienced great support and sending my first email was fairly easy. Drag & Drop feature is a good selling point.

Cons

The editor is slow and I set the line spacing but it seems to choose what it wants.

GOOD TOOL FOR MAILS

Pros

Very easy to use. A lot of grids. You can make an email insert images, documents in few minutes.

Cons

More grids and a liitle program to format images will be fine

Hello David, Thanks for your high rating. We're always working on improving our features. Image editor is one of them. - Benchmark Team

Great list management and decent email software

Benchmark helps us communicate with our clients in a way that is both easy for us to use and easy on the eyes (for clients).

Pros

Creating and using lists is very easy, especially with the new upgrades! Adding contacts to lists works well with various options. I tend to upload excel files to make new lists, very easy within Benchmark. I do like that it's easy to merge lists -- and that the software only accepts one contact (if that contact is already on the merge to list). Somewhat easy to use when creating emails -- selecting blocks and design [but the source code isn't as easy to decipher and use (my commands do not seem to "take").] Using attachments and links and media is pretty easy as well. The reports (opens, click thrus etc) are very good! [However with the new interface, it's not as easy to back-track to the original Email Report (I find myself having to choose again from the report list).]

Cons

I don't really like that I can't "re-send" emails on my own schedule (not have to wait 1 week after last send). Also, emails from Benchmark DO get caught up in Junk Spam Trash Promotions folders of recipients and we do need to remind them (often) to check for their email. Also, when "copying" an email to use and re-name as a new email, I do not like that the software selects the "old" contact list to also mail to -- I've mistakenly sent emails to old contact lists and that was not a good thing in my situation.

Hello Marcy, Thanks for your feedback. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about your concerns, we'll be glad to assist you. - Benchmark Team

Hits the Mark!

We are a Provincial Health Authority covering an area roughly the size of France, and current health related information is critical to our subscribers. Benchmark resolved an issue of timely, wide reach that we had been trying to resolve.

Pros

The best part of this software is the ability to plan the reach in advance so our contacts are kept 'in the know' even when the editor is otherwise occupied with meetings, conferences, etc. We have three separate weekly and bi weekly going out to three different audiences, covering 2,500 individual contacts, and we can pre-populate weeks in advance and backfill where necessary at the last min, or just let the information go as scheduled.

Cons

The learning curve was steep, but short. We had a couple of false starts to begin with, but learned from our errors. Line spacing can be an issue. Even when the preview shows single spaced sometimes the publication comes out 1.5 or double spaced - not a big problem for our use, but we get some calls from our constituents about "weird formatting".

Hello Brian, Thank you for your feedback and great rating. Chat with us to help you with the formatting of your email, sometimes something as small as copying and pasting can affect the format. - Benchmark Team

Great Service

The software overall is great. It allows me import the contacts I want in any way I want, create emails, schedule or send emails out immediately and even has analytics for the emails that have been sent out.

Pros

When creating an email, it is ever so easy. There are many templates to choose from and if you don't want a template you don't have to use one! I can create an email within minutes as the click and drop feature allows me to have my email layouts exactly the way I want it.

Cons

Some of the templates I am unable to add things to. For example, there was a template with a blank space for aesthetic reasons. I would have much rather place an image in the area, however I couldn't. There isn't many negatives I can comment on this software as it is brilliantly done.

Hello Hasnain, Thanks for the great feedback. Next time you're working on a template and need assistance, let us know! - Benchmark Team

Good but better customer communication needed

Overall, the program works well. Communication needs worked on.

Pros

The software is easy to use and offers a variety of layouts.

Cons

Over the past 12 months or so, Benchmark has removed several internal functions. No communication about the changes was shared and we did not find out until we had to contact customer service. Each time we were told that Benchmark now recommends third-party add-ins.

Hello Amanda, Thanks for your review. We will take your feedback into consideration. - Benchmark Team

Easy to use and scalable

Email marketing , small business

Pros

Easy to use and very practical, code, 3th parts options, partnert programs

Cons

Sometimes emails go to spam and reports dont show exactly what happened

Hello, Thanks for your review. Please let us know what you need to see on your reports. We're always improving our features. - Benchmark Team

Best for email marketing

Its good and price effective.

Pros

Very easy to use.As you don't require a trained staff to work on benchmark.

Cons

More templates to be included. As for travels there are very few. You must include new templates in every 2/3 months. So that we dont use the same templates again and again. Also templates options for Indian Festivals.

Hello Jeetendraa, Thank you for the review and high rating. We will take into consideration the templates request. - Benchmark Team

Easy comunication of our services and products to our contacts.

Pros

Is easy to use, and have a good team of client support.

Cons

The editor should be easy adjust to the client design, and i would like to know how to use all the tools but the informations or videos are in english and it will be good to have it in my own language.

Hello Jessica, Thank you for the review and high rating! Chat with us at any time and ask for our spanish YouTube channel. - Benchmark Team

Email feedback from

Average

Pros

Good for normal email campaign and good that BM has inbuilt list of unsubscribe and invalid contats

Cons

Not at all suitable for heavy automation no form for opt out like mail chimp offer

Hello Mohammed, Thank you for the feedback. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and ask us about our Manage Subscription form and share with us other concerns you may have. - Benchmark Team

Using Benchmark for last 8-9 years

Excellent - till a year back Poor - since the last few months (just unacceptable) Unless there is restoration of Benchmark used to be, we will stop using the platform

Pros

Ease of use ... pro-active helpdesk This has been reason that we have been using the platform for so many years

Cons

There has been a serious deterioration in the quality of the platform. Delivery rates have dropped upto by about 90-95% of what it used to be. Frivolous checks have been introduced that even your helpdesk is helpless to explain. Currently the platform as good as useless for us and already we have started working parallel to other platforms where are getting similar results that we used to get using Benchmark. All our emails through your platform is directed only to our clients or prospective clients who have signed with us to receive communication from us.

Hi Ranjan, We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. Email is a constantly evolving medium and we work hard to keep our processes up-to-date with best practices to ensure deliverability. While I don't have the information I need to identify your account and speak to the issues at hand, if you would contact our support team via phone, chat and email, we can review your account to see where we may be able to help. - Benchmark Team

A Very Good Auto-responder That Fits My Needs

Pros

What I like most about the software is when I signed up it was free up to the first two thousand subscribers and still allows the feature of having an auto-responder on it. This is very helpful to someone when you're first starting out, as an independent self-published author you need something that can send a lead magnet/free gift to get people to sign up to your email list, a lot of the other email list providers don't allow for the auto-responder aspect unless you use a paid version of their software.

Cons

As of yet, I can honestly say I haven't found anything difficult with using Benchmark or that there's anything missing or needs to be improved on. It's hard to complain about the free email account when you're starting out.

Benchmark Email is Indeed the Benchmark

Benchmark Email continues to raise the bar and continue to be the benchmark in terms of creating genuine email campaigns and automated emails. We are closer to our clients now because of this amazing platform

Pros

It has a drag and drop email design which makes it really easy to use. It is also possible to send out automated emails and personalized emails to help drive revenue. Their customer relations is also really impressive

Cons

Everything works perfectly in my opinion. There is virtually nothing to dislike

Hello, Thanks for your review. - Benchmark Team

We have been using it for a long time

Pros

This software is practical to use in a daily v

Cons

The e-mail sender is always changing so the receiver can not record the e-mail address in is non spam list.

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. Whenever you have a moment, please chat with us, we'd love to assist you on the email sender matter. - Benchmark Team

It just didn't work for me.

I tried Benchmark Email for a couple of months and while I found it fairly easy to use, I was disappointed in the low amount of "views" my emails got when I checked on the status. I understand that since I do not have my own domain named email, that free email services such as "Gmail" often end up in spam filters. However, I have used another email marketing service and got more opened emails through...

Pros

The emails look very professional and the software is easy to use.

Cons

I was not getting enough feedback compared to another marketing tool I have used, so I decided to stop using Benchmark.

Hello Michelle, Thank you for this feedback, it really means a lot to us. Based on your feedback, I understand your decision to use an alternative service. Email delivery is essential to our service. We know we had issues with this in the past and we are working hard to provide our clients with the best email delivery possible. We are improving our vetting systems to avoid "spammer" like clients that could affect our sending reputation and we are improving our back end technology as well. We are also working on more education to help our users understand best email marketing practices. Again, Thank You for this feedback and we hope the next time you try us, your experience is much better. - Daniel Miller

Benchmark Email Saves me money

Benchmark email saw this my problem of keeping in contact monthly with my clients. I find that I’m able to keep my name in front of them and distribute information to them very efficiently. When I relied on mailings I did it much less frequently and it cost a lot more. Paying yearly reduces the fee so much that it’s a no brainer not to use benchmark. And I’ve tried to lease three other services. I found all the others are use more difficult to create and do the emails and much more expensive .

Pros

Benchmark software allows me to easily create catchy emails to keep in contact with my clients . I can easily create emails and track it’s openings and click rates.

Cons

The software is very good occasionally since I do a lot of my work on the iPad I may have the occasional issue where I need to get on the laptop to do something. But that issue is usually because I’m on an iPad not a PC .

Hi, Thank you for your review and high rating. We would love to hear your feedback on what part of our email editor is not responsive enough to use your iPad. We're always looking to improve our platform features. - Benchmark Team

Looks professional and easy to use

Good. I like the software.

Pros

Looks very professional and designs are gorgeous, giving a high-end and legitimate look for our company. I was also surprised and how easy and intuitive everything is. No need to sit through a training when you can figure everything out on your own, quickly. I especially like the free version.

Cons

The upgrade for a payment plan doesn't seem worth it for what we use it for. We just need the basics, not all the other bells and whistles.

Hi, Thanks for your feedback and high rating. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us, we'd love to share with you how to get the best out of your paid account. - Benchmark Team

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.