Contently Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.85/10

Reviews by rating

Best software i would recommend to use for content part as with the help of these it would help the clients with their products to be showcasted and commaned over a high level.
High prices and lack of pricing transparency. It is way more expensive than other competitors and the fact that everything has to go through sales to get a quote, makes it even worse.
I found it difficult to schedule my articles to be published. I found the content marketing process very cumbersome and difficult.

Abhishek A.

E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 employees

A multifunction tool

It is a superb content management tool which comes with 20 plus different features which we use it in our daily basis. Overall i would like to suggest their dev team to work more on the software and clear the bugs that we need tk face sometimes.

Pros

This is one of the tool which i can say it really helps. The deployment of the software was good and it was easy to onboard. Overall i would give a good ratings to the tool as their customer support team is tackling problems very well.

Cons

I can say here is that it requires a lot of improvements as it has entered many fields at the same time and it is lacking on some of the places to deliver healthy functionality.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Contently is an overwhelming platform

Occasionally you stumble upon an apparatus or innovation that genuinely makes your work-life more straightforward. Cheerily is that accomplice. Imaginative. Acomodating. Solid help and organization. Effective. Simple to utilize.

Pros

The Contently stage furnishes our association with a simple to-explore, instinctive stage that guarantees the consistent conveyance of our substance from ideation through to distribution in a unimaginably cost-proficient, efficient way. The stage isn't just a work process device, guaranteeing all lines of business are fulfilling their time constraints, yet in addition furnishes us with admittance to...

Cons

Contently has had the option to assist many organizations with interfacing their substance improvement to their deals stage. It would be a colossal resource for effectively decide genuine ROI on the narratives and recordings we produce.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Contently is great for content management and workflow. Onboarding was somewhat painful.

I would say that the core of content planning and workflow is solid. I don't think we will ever be able to do all planning, editorial calendar, etc. in the system however. Getting analytics set up was painful and took too long. You don't get much choice in the ME assigned to you.

Pros

The content workflow is great and the ways that you can see who is working on what stories. Story filtering is robust and really useful. Plus, you can export the filter, which is helpful for offline planning. Commenting is great and it easy to copy/paste content or lay out content easily for web.

Cons

I wish you could search by story ID#. I wish the onboarding had a follow-up session to walk through features like the tabs on the right.

SG

Sachin G.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Splendid Marketing Platform

I highly recommend this to creators looking for the best and leading content-marketing platform. It is indeed known for its performance and you will love it.

Pros

The technical features provided by Contently are amazing. It helps to reach your clients easily with excellent marketing features. It is the most recommended platform for content creators.

Cons

Although it's a great tool for the marketing level, however, it's very difficult to maintain the membership. Apart from that, they can include a trial version so that the new users can take advantage and experience the technical features provided by Contently.

Meet V.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Best Tool for Content Management and Marketing

Overall it's good and doesn't complain about any features because all are great as his performance.

Pros

After using contently, our content-related task is reduced by almost 30%. Because our most of kind of need are fulfilled by Contently is like Content Management, Content Marketing, Etc. So I suggest using this once. Just know how it works and how you can use it immensely quirky and easily better than other alternatives.

Cons

I used it for 6 months, and to date, I don't have any issue with Contently, so I don't have any points to say.

Himanshu S.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

"Aids you to generate high-performing content that converts better."

I can manage the full editorial process using Contently, from ideation through workflow management, editing, and performance tracking. Reporting Dashboards assisted us in seeing our usage, plans, and other data. It also offers marketing features that allow us to advertise our content to targeted targets.

Pros

As a digital marketer, I am able to upload a big number of papers, maintain control over them, and distribute them quickly to salespeople and prospects. I also get information on which documents are being utilized, read, and interacted with. This is quite beneficial.

Cons

As far as I don't have any dislikes for this product, but it is a bit costly as per Indian Market.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

The only platform for all your digital marketing needs!

What stands out for contently when compared to others is its approach towards personalized storytelling for brand marketing. The ingrained intelligent platform has automated marketing mindset that provides smart analytics and creates a user story that can be weaved to achieve the marketing goals.

Pros

1) Visual cards 2) Personalized storytelling 3) Centralized content curation 4) Marketing automation

Cons

1) Product is on an expensive side 2) Need to be more proactive with the support team 3) A help guide to navigate the platform could be a handy asset when using the software for the first time

Abdul G.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

on of the Best Software

Pros

we have used it is very good for editing like videos and balance sheet many more features are available we love this product my be we would go for purchase

Cons

very easy to manage like videos editing and creating banners

Alastar K.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Fills a need helping augment my efforts

Smooth experience where I got what was promised. Good folks to work with and turned into a true partnership of efforts rather than just transactional.

Pros

I like that it's a platform that can be turned on quickly to augment growth efforts. Works effectively to scale contributed content when you're time constrained at a fast moving company.

Cons

It does cost but it makes sense until you decide to bring the same services in house. There really aren't cons to Contently.

Anmol S.

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

Great software for marketing team

Pros

Contently offers excellent features like engagement metrics, editorial calendar and more to help marketing team strategise

Cons

Everything is perfect. No changes needed

SM

Shelagh M.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Making our Team look like Rock Stars!

Since launching Content Marketing into our organization, our Contently partners have been with us every step of the way. They are truly an extension of our internal team. We've gone from launching Content Marketing to Award Winning Content in less than 2 years. #ThankYouTeamContently!!

Pros

Contently's platform allows customized workflow systems for each of our lines of business (Because no two businesses are the same!). The platform is intuitive, easy to use, and offers access to top contributors / writers/ graphic designers, and real-time analytics by story and by publication. While the platform is incredible, their people are truly the SECRET SAUCE. Our account team is so responsive have been with us for every step of our Content Marketing Journey.

Cons

Tough call. The platform and our support team really DO make life easier! Anything we've identified as a need / want, is addressed in our weekly status meetings, and then built very quickly by their in-house engineers. No complaints!

RG

Ryan G.

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Nothing else like it

We have two distinct teams that produce content: Marketing and Communications. And we have subject matter experts spread around the organization. We needed a single place where we could collaborate, track progress, and store content. In the 2+ years we've used Contently, we've seen the quality of our content and the visibility across our teams increase. We love our content strategist and managing editor, who often function as an extension of our team. They bring new topics and approaches to us, shepherd complex projects, and serve as a sounding board for our ideas.

Pros

Contently is a high-end, feature-packed platform. The network of writers and other talent is extensive and the workflows keep our projects moving forward. I love the integrated analysis that raises flags when we're straying from our brand voice or when we're not integrating our priority keywords.

Cons

Like any fully loaded product, it takes some practice to feel like you're taking advantage of everything in the platform. But if your team is ready to crank out content, you'll be pros in no time. I'd also like to see something like track changes when editing content. It's easy to comment, but making a change that all can see is not available.

LV

Lin V.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Straightforward Insights From An Intuitive Platform

Our manager connected with a Contently rep at our annual conference and had us meeting for a demo about two years ago. Since then, we have been pleasantly thrilled with the ease of use and consistent growth of this platform.

Pros

Detailed analytics that allow our training team and marketing associates to dive depth in who accessing materials, where they are accessed, what kind of device, and so on has proven to be an immeasurable treasure for expanding our reach. Prior to using Contently, much of our analysis along these lines was carried out via surveys and interviews. Contently has significantly stepped up our game.

Cons

Google-like collaboration is always going to be my ask for any platform, but outside of the share capabilities, I have no complaints. Some of our departments have also started using Skyward, so our department must as well. Comparing to two, might bring more detail to light.

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Best Content Management Software

Overall Experience is Superb and it helps a lot in content marketing and building the content in different platforms which can help the content creators to make money through the contents.

Pros

The best thing I like about Contently is that it provides the best features to manage the contents. It is a one-stop solution where users can provide all the necessary details and choose his/her interest for the content and are good to go.

Cons

There is nothing to be disliked as it provides customizable templates which give liberage to the user to customize it according to the need.

PR

Patricia R.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Very Content With Contently

We have a few tools that are being evaluated for creating and distributing our internal messaging. Contently has really established itself as a leader for favorite. Very easy to use and easy to train.

Pros

Very clean interface and easy collaboration tools. We trade off a great deal of our development, and Contently has made that exchange easy.

Cons

We use another platform for more robust analytics, but if Contently stepped it up, I would enjoy this as our one stop shop.

LL

Leanne L.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

Re-imagining Content Marketing - one Contently story at a time

Trying to establish ourselves as an industry through leader is difficult, especially with heavy competition. With platforms such as Contently, creating content for our blog helps set us up for success in this regard. Overall, the quality of content that Contently produces is high quality, and the service from the Account team are best in class.

Pros

Not only is Contently is a very user-friendly platform, but it provides access to a wealth of skillful writers who create engaging content for my target audiences, across multiple topics. Also, the dedicated account managers and editors assigned to my license are valuable partners. They bring valuable insight, support, and expertise to the table. I never feel alone in the process. They are considered trusted advisors who I can rely on!

Cons

Some of my analytics were mixed in with another team's data, so each month I spend a lot of time scrubbing and piecing my true data back together. There are a lot of functions and buttons to click on. If you don't use Contently platform often it takes a bit of re-training to remember how to navigate through the platform.

ES

Emirhan S.

Music, self-employed

Offers good service.

Pros

It addresses what you want to scale and sets goals for you. makes your work more understandable and solvable.

Cons

It might be a little over priced. If it's a small-scale business, it might be a bit overpriced.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Very clean and useful format!

As stated above, I recently started using Contently, but so far my experience has been great. Once I've used it for longer, I'll come back and add any comments.

Pros

I just recently started using Contently, and one of the things I like the most is the docalytics feature. It provides very detailed information regarding when someone has looked at a specific document, the device in which they viewed the document, the duration it took the user to interact with the document, and even provides document mapping, knowing which parts of the user most interacted with!

Cons

Perhaps they can continue to refine the intuitiveness of the document analytics feature. It still has its caveats to work around but not a deal breaker.

AP

Amritraj P.

Information Services, 501-1,000 employees

Content marketing paltform for website creation and publishing

Pros

The best thing i like are the dashboards , workflows for automation and publishing in the social media platforms.

Cons

The major disadvantage is that its costly and also its ui experinece needs to be improved more enough also it should be made as such for beginner level.

Shabnam M.

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

Great CMS to build complex content workflows

Contently allows us to easily and quickly produce great quality content without having the in-house resources or time to do it. The process is simple, easy to use and involved minimal training.

Pros

Worry less about whether this blog is good or that blog is good. Just write everyday and learn more about yourself and what you have to share with the world. We've had a great experience working with Contently so far. The platform is easy to use and intuitive, the communication has been good, and we're finding that we like the flexibility that Contently offers us as freelancers.

Cons

As per my Experience no cones even It would be helpful to our clients to know the return they’re getting on the creatives we create.

Ahmed S.

Online Media, self-employed

Contently is King

It’s been a great experience for me and they have really done their best to make content marketing easier than it ever was

Pros

There are multiple things that I like about contently but my absolute favourite one is how the let you create, manage and share engaging content all from one place

Cons

There’s nothing that I really dislike about them at least up till now

Syed Adeel H.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Great Content Marketing tool

Pros

We can set out goals, audience, and many more options that definitely made it on of nest software for content creation and marketing as well.

Cons

Nothing but need to reduce the price. I think the price is a little bit higher for small marketing business

MK

Minjoon K.

Legal Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Trying to do too much

It's good for creating and reviewing documents with multiple people. Beyond that, it needs a lot of work.

Pros

Great for the review process. The talent sourcing function is also really helpful.

Cons

Requires a lot of repetitious activity. No universal account members. No easy transfer of documents from one publication to the next.

Legal Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good Times with Contently

overall the expereince has been a good one.

Pros

I like how intuitive the platform is. It makes it easy to communicate with my team about different projects.

Cons

the search features are a bit lacking. I would love to see better ways to filter searches by name and by project

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

All

Pros

Great tool for editing, a user friendly interface making it one of the best tool available in market.

Cons

Hard for initial setup. Customer support is not up to the mark.