Raven Tools Reviews

Suggested alternatives

semrush
hubspot-marketing
agency-analytics

Our clients were impressed by the reporting and when we used the software consistently we saw excellent results in increasing site rankings.
I like the ease of use, the way things are organized, and the vast selection of tools from a keyword manager to come competitive intelligence tools as well as the reporting.
I like the quick and easy reporting features. Love the big picture insights.
One of the many challenges is the loss of features.
I dislike having to look around to find features I'm looking for.
When canceling the billing cycle, the usage stops, so you cannot login and use the software for the remainder that you have paid for.

Alex W.

Owner

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

One of my go to tools, especially for monthly reports

Transcript

Alex W.: Hi, I'm Alex. I'm the founder of a marketing company, and I give Raven Tools a four out of five....

Craig L.

RavenTools

Overall is is a great tool for digital marketing reporting. Also fairly good as a site audit tool.

Pros

Easy of use and able to create a professional report with lots of details in part due to its integrations.

Cons

Cannot ever get someone to call us back. We never had an email address that has been set up as admin according to their interface. We have sent them many messages with no replys.

RD

Rob D.

Great set of tools

Raven tools saves me buckets of time by allowing me to pull multiple data points from one place and set up recurring reports for my clients. As a small 2 person shop it definitely saves me hours of time that easily make up for the cost of the software.

Pros

The vast majority of the work I do with the software involves the diagnostic tools (Keyword tracking, technical site scan, domain metrics) and reporting. The diagnostic tools are fast and have all the information that I need to perform a site audit quickly. The reporting functionality can be a life saver - youo can easily apply logos and data points to the report and set them up to run automatically. This saves a lot of time for reporting and provides great detail to my clients on the progress of their site or paid campaigns.

Cons

Most of my gripes are nit picky items that I wish they would implement. I would like to be able to see over time information for domain metrics (domain authority, quality score, etc). This would make it easier for me to report growth and progress in those areas. The reporting also could use a little more flexibility - currently there is not the ability to add Users to Google analytics reports - for those clients that want to see how many individuals (vs sessions) view their site I have to find an alternative. Some of the stock reports also require some manipulation to provide meaningful visual data as well.

Andrew R.

Raven SEO Tools Review

Raven has strengths in ease of use and SEO audits, but I find it lacking when it comes to support and integrations.

Pros

Raven is great for scanning websites for technical SEO issues. Also, our company utilized the keyword planning tool for all of our key phrase research.

Cons

Customer support is very spotty and often takes a few submissions before they address you. Usually, the issues take a while to be fixed. Integrations seem to break every few months which can be frustrating.

CF

Christopher F.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Long Term User but Need a little More

I think it's a good product and I've been using it for a long time, but based on the fact that I can't get some relatively simple historical trending data, I will be looking for another product that will fit my need pretty soon.

Pros

I like the ease it can do programatic site audits of websites to help with landing new customers as well as finding issues with current customers. We use Raven's reporting capability to generate our monthly Organic SEO reports for customers but we use another product to handle the PPC reports. I like the general reporting functions but need improvements here.

Cons

As mentioned we use Raven for our monthly Organic SEO reporting for customers. It does a good job of comparing month to month, but it does not do a very good job of showing a customers SEO trend over a period of time. For example, I would like to show simple graphs of various SEO metrics over a year such as how your Clicks and Conversions trended on a graph over a year. Or how much your traffic...

ip

isaac p.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

very helpful for automating monthly reporting across our agency

it's been a solid tool allowing our agency to send out monthly reports on website traffic to hundreds of clients each month. there's definately efficiency gains we have experienced by using this software.

Pros

reporting for google analytics and google ads, then the ability to schedule a monthly email with attached PDF of the last 30 days. handles a large number of clients quite well, which is important. And the abilty to import a template report layout to a new campagin/property has been extremely useful (the software would not be viable for us without it)

Cons

SERP reporting. This is a bit heart breaking - the feature is there, our testing indicated that the results were accurate, but then we try to test it with a real client and it doesn't work. I think the reports run fine, but the RAVEN user interface is not capable of extracting the data out, and nobody in RAVEN support can extract this for us into csv or anything upon request. We needed to shop around for alternatives due to this issue not being prioritised as something to fix. I know it's only in BETA, and I know you can't guarantee it, but it's something that puts my raven subscription into question if I can find another tool that can handle my SERP requirements better, and my google analytics reporting just as well. stay tuned in this race to the door!

Alex W.

A great SEO reporting tool but lacks rank tracking

Pros

This is how I run all my monthly client reports because it merges the data from our sources very well into a presentable document.

Cons

They got rid of rank tracking some time ago and that almost caused me to get rid of it. They recently said they are adding it back so I'm excited for that.

Michael H.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great tool for SEO, auditing, monitoring and social media

We use Raven for a number of our SEO clients, as well as handling various social media profiles for things suck as monitoring, post scheduling, and more.

Pros

Raven offers a nice and easy-to-use dashboard to manage all your SEO clients, along with their social media by auto integrating with accounts such as Google Analytics, Facebook, AdWords, Twitter & more. The report generator is awesome as well, allowing you to create recurring auto-send reports to your clients based off customized templates. You can choose what you'd like to include and exclude based off a set of robust filters.

Cons

The support leaves a little to be desired, sometimes taking a few days to respond, often with canned responses. After pushing to escalate, most of our issues were quickly resolved.

Kenney N.

Research, 11-50 employees

The Best Reporting Tool I've Seen

Before we subscribed to Raven Tools, we were creating almost 100 reports for clients by hand each month. Now, we are creating more reports than ever and more quickly and efficiently than before with Raven Tools' many integration options and drag-and-drop report creator. It's been a real game-changer!

Pros

Raven Tools is easy to use and quite intuitive. It allows us to create comprehensive and clean reports for our clients. I can't imagine going back to what we were doing before we invested in this service!

Cons

The only cons that I've encountered have either been address with updates or were misunderstandings by myself or a member of my staff. If we have an issue, it can generally be resolved by simply learning the tool a little better.

Banking, 11-50 employees

Raven Tools Review

Raven Tools is a good tool overall, but falls short of tools SEMrush, ahrefs, and even Moz.

Pros

I think the keyword research side of Raven is the most attractive thing about the software. It's easy to use and gives great data.

Cons

I don't think it's super user friendly. There are a lot of tools, but they aren't all easy to find or navigate too.

Megan O.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Awesome product

Pros

Love how quickly this product can evaluate your website

Cons

Report builder is a little difficult to master

JB

Jason B.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Reasons to Rave About Raven

I've been using Raven Tools now for a few years. I first got attached to the people behind Raven before I really started using their product. They seemed to develop the tool based on the needs and feedback of their users. For me, Raven offers one of the most comprehensive collection of tools for the monthly fee. The amazing thing too is the amount of tools and features included in the package that...

Pros

Loaded with features for an affordable monthly price.

Cons

Sometimes the customization options for the reporting doesn't quite give you what you're needing.

CF

Cristina Ferreira S.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

You can see everything you need for your strategies marketing

Raven let you know and put the metrics from several channels, like Analytics, AdWords, Facebook and others in same place (dashboard or report for example). It is possible share reports with our customers and use this in meeting for example, whithout costs. It is great.

Pros

I like how can make fast your reports, to add metrics and organize them into reports.

Cons

Sometimes, I don't know what happen but the graphics are losted. You need to make the session again and the graphics are showed again. Another thing that I don't like is when the important features change and I need to change in my reports too.

UG

Ulysses G.

A Go-To Tool for Any Marketeer

I have been using them for years now and with only a few cons, the over-all program works great.

Pros

Customer service, price, and most of the features. Aside from some of the features that may be Ahrefs has above Raven, it would almost be deemed worthy enough and it could one day be referenced as a One-Stop Access Shop... Just not yet.. But looking forward to when it is and have faith one-day it might be.

Cons

It's operating system lags and can take time to propagate data, even on wired-fiber-optic internet.

DB

David B.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Great Software That Checks So Many Boxes

Our customers like the comprehensive reporting that is provided.

Pros

This software does a great job of integrating not only the website traffic, but also pulling in data from paid sources and social media. That makes it easier to compile white labeled reports. A big plus is the customer service. While you can't talk to them directly, they are very responsive to email inquiries and service requests.

Cons

This software can't crawl certain single page websites, like those done in Angular JS.

JA

John A.

Pretty Happy

Generally good. It’s missing Pinterest and a couple others so difficult to give full customer reports

Pros

Comprehensive and very user friendly, a lot of value for the money

Cons

A bug in software using ‘more metrics’ ant items using campaigns where individual campaigns can be selected; the default is ‘all campaigns ‘ but it really only adds the first campaign. We had to go in individually and select all campaigns

NB

Nick B.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Raven_Review

We use Raven for all our SEO reviews and also run crawls post-release (we develop websites) to look for page errors. We have only just scratched the surface with the other features in the product but they look promising. We have used Raven for 5 years and it has served us well - there are many other products out there so we would have switched if not satisfied. (we never use Raven to incorporate GA and other data into one place, we use Google Data Studio for that)

Pros

We started using Raven for just SEO, I like that more and more features have been added and we now use it for backlink analysis, keyword tracking and competitor comparisons.

Cons

The interface has always been a bit clunky and non-intuitive and it wasn't easy to export to spreadsheet for deeper analysis. This has been improved recently.

NR

Nancy R.

Excellent customer service

I have been using them for about 5 years and will keep using them as they provide a great value. Lots of services for a reasonable price, which makes it perfect for a small business like mine.

Pros

Whenever I have a question their customer service team is always quick to respond with helpful information. Their follow-up is refreshing as many other companies I deal with are not nearly so quick to email back with help.

Cons

I don't have any as when they come out with a new revision or software, they email all sorts of articles and videos to help explain how the new software, etc. works. So while it takes some time to learn, they do everything they can to help you with it.

CS

Cameron S.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Supreme tool

Many SEO reporting tools take up too much time in setup and maintenance. Raven is quick & reliable to setup & use, plus it's biggest advantages are its flexible data sources and easy reporting tools.

Pros

*Simplified reporting saves time * Raven merges data from all the regular data sources to provide a simple unified report centre. * It just works with minimum fuss, and the reports look great.

Cons

*I was hoping Raven may yet be able to send data to Google sheets - currently it only retrieves data from Google Sheets *Other than that, most things have been thought of!

Internet, self-employed

Professional Reports for Clients

Pros

Reports that look good and help clients understand how they're meeting digital marketing goals.

Cons

I wish we had access to Google Fonts to add some more customization.

Kylie H.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Great for multiple client accounts

Raven Tools makes it easy to manage multiple client reports, site audit recommendations, and other SEO projects all in one place.

Pros

I love using Raven Tools to create custom and automated reports for our wide variety of clients and their varying needs. It makes it easy to get the most out of the software and provide ongoing value for our clients.

Cons

Sometimes the interface can be glitchy, but it's rare.

CB

Chris B.

Internet, self-employed

Great Software

I'm able to provide insight to my customers, with great report ]s and stats. Allows me to generate SEO audits and present these to my clients and work at resolving the issues. Raven Tools makes us look even more professional and effective

Pros

Easy to use with great customer support. Quick and easy to create reports

Cons

Occasionally their are 'bugs' but the team work quickly to resolve

Erin E.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Makes Your Job Easier

Pros

I have tested a lot of SEO suites, but Raven Tools is one of the best for the price. It has very robust feature and makes reporting easier. I have tried others that were more robust, but unless you have enterprise budget Raven Tools is a great option.

Cons

I used the reporting to export the data quickly, but I wasn't a fan of using their report templates.

AM

Anselme M.

Raven tool review

Pros

Raven tool is ideal for researching backlinks and it also allows you to see all the data dismaying your keyword research system

Cons

The software does not have social media marketing features like semrush

Alexander G.

Can't cancel mid month

Bad

Pros

Remembering subscription renewal dates are difficult. And these guys know it. If you cancel Mid month you loose access immediately. I got charged for this software just today and when I cancelled, I lost access immediately, so theyve charged me without access to the product.

Cons

Cancellations. They log you out completely, so you don't even have access to past invoices.

GM

GENEVA M.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Love it!

Never a bad experience, always great!

Pros

It fits all of my multi-reporting needs and bundles it up in a way that is easy to use and easy to understand the data that is being represented.

Cons

I do wish that they could report Google Ads Phone call. They can report any "conversions" but if a phone call comes through that does not meet the time limit threshold and is not counted as a conversion, it won't be eligible for reporting in Raven Tools. Simple "phone call" data isn't ported in. Not the biggest deal but something that I've noticed would be nice.