Raven Reviews

4.42/5 (107 reviews)

Rob Decker

Great set of tools

Reviewed 2019-08-02

Raven tools saves me buckets of time by allowing me to pull multiple data points from one place and set up recurring reports for my clients. As a small 2 person shop it definitely saves me hours of time that easily make up for the cost of the software.

Pros
The vast majority of the work I do with the software involves the diagnostic tools (Keyword tracking, technical site scan, domain metrics) and reporting. The diagnostic tools are fast and have all the information that I need to perform a site audit quickly. The reporting functionality can be a life saver - youo can easily apply logos and data points to the report and set them up to run automatically. This saves a lot of time for reporting and provides great detail to my clients on the progress of their site or paid campaigns.

Cons
Most of my gripes are nit picky items that I wish they would implement. I would like to be able to see over time information for domain metrics (domain authority, quality score, etc). This would make it easier for me to report growth and progress in those areas. The reporting also could use a little more flexibility - currently there is not the ability to add Users to Google analytics reports - for those clients that want to see how many individuals (vs sessions) view their site I have to find an alternative. Some of the stock reports also require some manipulation to provide meaningful visual data as well.

Jake Hundley

One of the Best SEO Tools

Reviewed 2019-08-01

Very good! We transitioned over from SEMrush and it's a night and day difference. SEMrush is fairly complicated to use and does not cater to smaller businesses. Raven Tools gives us all of the tool necessary to perform effective SEO and detailed reporting.

Pros
I really love the ease of use for the backlink explorer as well as the way the reporting dashboard feels and displays information. It really makes our small digital marketing company look that much more professional and increases our SEO workflow and productivity.

Cons
There doesn't seem to be a way to automate reports to show last month's data over the previous month, ie month-over-month automated reports. We've tried reaching out to support on this and haven't gotten anything back in regards to if this is possible or not. It seems like a basic thing to do as there are a ton of applications for continues month-over-month reporting that doesn't have to be manually set each month. This wastes a lot of time, especially when you have dozens of clients expecting reports on the 3rd of the month.

Christopher Fendley

Long Term User but Need a little More

Reviewed 2019-07-26

I think it's a good product and I've been using it for a long time, but based on the fact that I can't get some relatively simple historical trending data, I will be looking for another product that will fit my need pretty soon.

Pros
I like the ease it can do programatic site audits of websites to help with landing new customers as well as finding issues with current customers. We use Raven's reporting capability to generate our monthly Organic SEO reports for customers but we use another product to handle the PPC reports. I like the general reporting functions but need improvements here.

Cons
As mentioned we use Raven for our monthly Organic SEO reporting for customers. It does a good job of comparing month to month, but it does not do a very good job of showing a customers SEO trend over a period of time. For example, I would like to show simple graphs of various SEO metrics over a year such as how your Clicks and Conversions trended on a graph over a year. Or how much your traffic increased or decreased over a year. Or your average SEO ranking etc. That information is in a better format in Google Analytics than it is in Raven and I haven't found a way to pull that data for Raven and have it present in a way that is useful to someone to easily see the trend over a period of time. I can understand if it was a new customer and you had no historical information, but if I've been tracking Google Analytics data in Raven for a particular customer for 3-4 years and can't get to the historical info in a usable way, that's a problem. That's a very obvious data point to show customers and I can't get it from Raven currently (that I'm aware).

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Brian Rainey

Great SEO Software

Reviewed 2019-05-01

Overall it has been a great experience, I sat in on a couple of your Webinars about the new features coming out. Your software is less confusing than others that I have used and seems to be more accurate about keyword ranking for sure. Keep up the good work!

Pros
I really like how you can change the location, device & metrics, in the graphs to display different sets of information. The backlink explorer is really handy for checking to see if your getting credit for recently added backlinks. Repeating keywords to show how you are showing up in google SERPs is also very handy.

Cons
The errors for your website could be displayed better, or add a way to disable some errors. I have a few instances that say an external link is invalid when i know it is valid but there is no way for me to mark it as fixed or working. I wish the software had AMP related areas or a way to show if my AMP sites are organized correctly.

isaac pfitzner

very helpful for automating monthly reporting across our agency

Reviewed 2019-07-26

it's been a solid tool allowing our agency to send out monthly reports on website traffic to hundreds of clients each month. there's definately efficiency gains we have experienced by using this software.

Pros
reporting for google analytics and google ads, then the ability to schedule a monthly email with attached PDF of the last 30 days. handles a large number of clients quite well, which is important. And the abilty to import a template report layout to a new campagin/property has been extremely useful (the software would not be viable for us without it)

Cons
SERP reporting. This is a bit heart breaking - the feature is there, our testing indicated that the results were accurate, but then we try to test it with a real client and it doesn't work. I think the reports run fine, but the RAVEN user interface is not capable of extracting the data out, and nobody in RAVEN support can extract this for us into csv or anything upon request. We needed to shop around for alternatives due to this issue not being prioritised as something to fix. I know it's only in BETA, and I know you can't guarantee it, but it's something that puts my raven subscription into question if I can find another tool that can handle my SERP requirements better, and my google analytics reporting just as well. stay tuned in this race to the door!

Ron Hall

Well Rounded Set of Tools

Reviewed 2019-08-01

It's been good but a mixed bag. Lots of tools, lots of options, lots of reporting but as social media became a GREAT foot in the door for SEO, as SEO gets redefined AS anywhere you find information INCLUDING social, dropping the social media monitor was a very dumb decision on their end. Adding a collaborative module could only help make our businesses grow.

Pros
I like the ease of use, the way things are organized, and the vast selection of tools from a keyword manager to come competitive intelligence tools as well as the reporting.

Cons
One of the many challenges is the loss of features. The Social Media Monitor was awesome and a great tool for getting clients in the door. Losing this tool was crippling. The support is less than encouraging. I've met some of the people at various local events like PodCamp but despite the fact that they were 1 mile from where I lived, they refused to even say hello in person. To me that wasn't very cool at all. I could have walked to where they were but they were insistant on never meeting in person. Even Facebook and Google allow people to meet the staff.

Jason Bean

Reasons to Rave About Raven

Reviewed 2016-11-17

I've been using Raven Tools now for a few years. I first got attached to the people behind Raven before I really started using their product. They seemed to develop the tool based on the needs and feedback of their users. For me, Raven offers one of the most comprehensive collection of tools for the monthly fee. The amazing thing too is the amount of tools and features included in the package that I don't even touch. I really should dig into those deeper and begin using them. There are a few things that I wish they'd add to the functionality, but because of my conversations with the support team and owner, I know the reasons why these tools still aren't included in the package just yet. Other limits are because of the services being used that haven't opened up their API's yet for a quality integration. And if Raven is going to add a function, they're going to make sure it's top of the line. There are times when I debate whether or not I should continue my monthly subscription. Every month though I end up looking to cut expenses somewhere else so I can maintain my Raven Tools accessibility.

Pros
Loaded with features for an affordable monthly price.

Cons
Sometimes the customization options for the reporting doesn't quite give you what you're needing.

Katie Colihan

Great All-in-One Tool

Reviewed 2019-07-26

All in all, we have been happy with our Raven experience. The reports are very customizable and visually appealing.

Pros
Being able to integrate Call Rail with Raven has been very helpful in our reporting to clients.

Cons
Being able to see the areas of the SERP where a keyword can rank (like SEMRush does) would be a beneficial feature. Additionally, some sort of topic research to aid content creators in looking into potential article keywords/topics is lacking

Guy Hoogewerf

So good I cannot find an alternative

Reviewed 2019-07-19

Excellent. I've enjoyed working with RavenTools, it's self-explanatory, controllable, customisable and a first-rate all-round SEO reporting/analysis tool, I've tried much of the competition and nothing yet has beaten Raven tools. I'm not always sure Raven Tools know how good they are.

Pros
RavenTools gives me a one-stop-access-shop for all my SEO Reporting needs, clients can also access and the suite of tools offered is pretty comprehensive. It's a full solution, unlike anything any of their competitors can offer. The thing I like most is the fully customizable reporting.

Cons
Neglect, sadly Raventools feels a bit neglected these days, the rate of new features has slowed down and some 'must-haves' never seem to get done, for example, Instagram Integration... My second regret is page load times, I appreciate that some of the data being loading in the background is complicated, but the load times fo pages is slow.

Joel Crump

Great tool at a fair price.

Reviewed 2019-07-25

It's been great for automating our reporting. And managing multiple data sources into one report.

Pros
The ease of connecting multiple datasources is great. The simple project management and profiles are an easy way to track campaigns.

Cons
The design options for the reporting, and the price compared to Google Data Studio. GDS is doing scheduled reporting now which is what our main reason for using Raven Tools was. We are trying to implement more of the Raven Tools features into our business to justify the cost but have not yet decided if it's worth the money.

Michele Paley

Saves SOOOOO much time and makes me look SOOOO smart!

Reviewed 2019-07-25

Wonderful. One of the tools I couldn't survive without as an agency managing multiple companies.

Pros
I can research companies that aren't my clients yet and tell them things they don't know about their own site and competition. And once they are clients and I get access to ALL the data, they just think I'm a genius with superpowers! I set up automated reports to all my clients so I don't have to do that manually anymore, and it reminds me to take a peek once a week at the smaller accounts too. Great price, feature-packed. Can't say enough. Buy this, you won't regret it!

Cons
I with the social tools were stronger, I use a separate tool for tracking social (and pay a separate fee of course, such is life)

Jason Riner

Great, Reliable Product for Marketing Reports

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-07-25

Great experience overall. Haven't needed much support. Easy to use!

Pros
Customization, white labeling, integrations

Cons
Miss the old PDF reports, although the new ones are nice too

kaylee Walters

Digital Marketing Agency Review

Reviewed 2019-07-26

It has really made reporting a breeze for the most part for us. It really simplifies our monthly/quarterly reporting process, and it gives us a lot of quick insights for status updates.

Pros
I like the quick and easy reporting features. Love the big picture insights. Love the graphs and visual interface.

Cons
Sometimes digging deeper is hard. I had some instances where being able to specifically report on particular segments would have been super useful but I was unable to do so with the constraints of the software. Also adding screenshots and secondary imagery in the reporting interface is pretty tedious.

Ken Kimball

It's a great tool for occasional and everyday SEO work

Reviewed 2019-07-25

Pros
It's full-featured and low cost makes it great for monitoring online marketing campaigns even if you're not actively working on them on a day-to-day basis. The data will be ready for you when needed. We use it for SEO and Google Ads reporting for our clients. It's also great for running SEO audits which can be used for existing clients and new business.

Cons
Most of the businesses we work with operate in our local market. Local audits are not Raven Tools strong area. We subscribe to another tool for the purpose in addition to Raven Tools.

Mary Williams

Raven Tools for Agency

Reviewed 2019-07-18

We primarily use Raven Tool for our monthly reporting and for providing a consistent client conversation. We have not utilized the other tools fully but I am beginning to turn to the Site Audit Studio for our team to keep current on necessary actions.

Pros
Consolidation of reporting for various initiatives.

Cons
The WYSIWYG software is not as customizable as I would like specifically for pulling Google Analytics data.

Frank Pfabigan

Raven is my favourite

Reviewed 2019-08-05

what is the "path" customers took to find our page and buy/call?

Pros
raven connects to searchconsole, analytics, ads and other real data, combines this data and gives a comprehensive overview that answers questions.

Cons
i can't think of any that i don't like about raven seo tools.

Andrew Armitage

Great website marketing tool

Reviewed 2019-07-26

Pros
Plenty of features with the option to white label the system for clients. Creating automated reports is a huge timesaver and being able to work on multiple sites at the same time.

Cons
The user interfacer can sometimes feel a little clunky.

Cristina Ferreira Silva

You can see everything you need for your strategies marketing

Reviewed 2019-07-18

Raven let you know and put the metrics from several channels, like Analytics, AdWords, Facebook and others in same place (dashboard or report for example). It is possible share reports with our customers and use this in meeting for example, whithout costs. It is great.

Pros
I like how can make fast your reports, to add metrics and organize them into reports.

Cons
Sometimes, I don't know what happen but the graphics are losted. You need to make the session again and the graphics are showed again. Another thing that I don't like is when the important features change and I need to change in my reports too.

DAVID WADE

Come a Long Way

Reviewed 2019-08-01

Was with the before and left, they changed a few things and now it's the best!

Pros
SEO Audit and Keyword Tracking are really strong. Audit is very in depth and technical.

Cons
Local tracking could be better, but still better than most. The other features more than make up for it.

Kelly Campbell

Best Value for Digital Agencies

Reviewed 2019-07-25

Raven solves core business efficiency problems for agencies in that it consolidates multiple tools into one and saves them money and time, making them look like rockstars to their prospects and clients.

Pros
The sheer number of tools available within this software is incredible compared to the cost per month. I recommend it to many of the agencies I work with, as we used it at my former agency with great success in being able to offer technical site audits, automate reporting (including organic and paid search, social media and email marketing via APIs), keep tabs on competitors, monitor position for targeted keywords, and more.

Cons
There are some slight limitations on the presentation of data (ie. single metric on a blank page when exporting a report, etc.)

Ulysses Gonzalez

A Go-To Tool for Any Marketeer

Reviewed 2019-07-23

I have been using them for years now and with only a few cons, the over-all program works great.

Pros
Customer service, price, and most of the features. Aside from some of the features that may be Ahrefs has above Raven, it would almost be deemed worthy enough and it could one day be referenced as a One-Stop Access Shop... Just not yet.. But looking forward to when it is and have faith one-day it might be.

Cons
It's operating system lags and can take time to propagate data, even on wired-fiber-optic internet.

Tracy Spence

Easy to use. Affordable.

Reviewed 2019-07-18

Saves me two days a month writing client reports. That's worth every penny.

Pros
It's relatively easy to use, does what we need it to do. Makes reporting simple. Integrates with everything we need. Customisable. Cost effective. We like it, and probably don't use all the features we could to the maximum.

Cons
It sometimes doesn't save, but rarely. It would be useful to see links in the link manager feature globally, rather than individually. But that's not picking.

Courtney Rambo

Great product that is easy to use

Reviewed 2019-07-18

We started with RavenTools for reporting and looked into a number of other things to make sure we weren't missing anything (what that was, we didn't quite know - but we wanted to know what we didn't know, you know?). We checked out Google Data Studios (too time-consuming, too much potential for user error), TapClicks (total crap), and others.

Pros
- Relatively easy to use, can poke around and figure things out yourself after some time with the interface - Easy to pull info from many sources into one report and add commentary/screenshots - Can compare across many date ranges - It looks professional - The price point feels right

Cons
- The navigation is a little funky - have to Google how to remove client from a section every time - Sometimes the reports just stop working or data stops pulling in - not too frequent but have to delete/re-connect tools sometimes

David Bean

Great Software That Checks So Many Boxes

Reviewed 2019-08-01

Our customers like the comprehensive reporting that is provided.

Pros
This software does a great job of integrating not only the website traffic, but also pulling in data from paid sources and social media. That makes it easier to compile white labeled reports. A big plus is the customer service. While you can't talk to them directly, they are very responsive to email inquiries and service requests.

Cons
This software can't crawl certain single page websites, like those done in Angular JS.

Pamela Ravenwood

Easy To Use Software - Best Reporting Tool

Reviewed 2019-07-18

Great experience, the company is always growing and improving their tool sets.

Pros
The ability to set up reports and white label them was our company's number one draw. The number of types of sources you can pull into the reports was valuable as our clients use a number of data inputs. The affordability of the software is also important.

Cons
Lack of suggestions or ideas in how to improve SEO problems based on competition, types of keywords being searched in comparison to competitors.