Churchteams Logo

Church and small group management software

Churchteams Reviews

Suggested alternatives

planning-center
breeze-chms
chmeetings

You can manage volunteers and the children's ministry with a great flow. It is easy to use and they have great knowledgable customer service.
They have an amazing email editor that you can use to create and send amazing looking email (as good or better than MailChimp), create email templates, and saved emails for sending using automation.
I loved how easy it is to use and how flawless the transition was to switch from CCB to Churchteams. Customer Service was outstanding and worked with me on whatever I needed.
Recently discovered that the ChurchTeams software does not work well with Macs, which a couple of our staff use.
Our initial transfer of information seemed clunky, but that turned out to be our own mistake.
The embed code for the directory was not very functional for those using their phones. It would get stuck scrolling within the website.

CM

Charlene M.

Assistant Pastor

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great All Inclusive package.

Transcript

Charlene: I'm Charlene. I am an assistant pastor. I would give Churchteams a ranking of five. For more...

Robles B.

Systems Administrator

Innovative and very professional

Transcript

Benjamin R: Hi, my name is Benjamin. I am a systems administrator for a not-for-profit organization,...

Nick S.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

ChurchTeams with the win for group management system

I have been using ChurchTeams for just over a year now. It has helped me really gauge the health of my ministry and improve my processes in getting people connected. I really appreciate the training CT has provided for me and my team.

Pros

For my ministry, reporting tells me so much. I have used other systems in the past, but ChurchTeams (CT) has by far the best reporting. They are ministry first guys and really care about getting you the help you need. Team rocks!

Cons

It may not be as pretty as some other software out there. The user interface could use a little help.

Nick, this is a really nice review. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide it. We appreciate the privilege of serving you guys.

AC

Anthony C.

ChurchTeams for Small Groups

Pros

The Small Groups features are fantastic. From automated attendance reports to website integration, ChurchTeams has been helpful in our small groups ministry.

Cons

There are so many other features that we don’t use because the rest of our team would have to switch platforms. Maybe a tier based subscription would be nice for those like me who do not use all the features available.

Hi Anthony, I'm really slow responding to this, but better late than never. Thanks for the great review. When we thought about pricing, we opted to keep it simple with everything for the one price. That way your not nickel and dimed for every feature. But, we also wanted to be affordable so that our pricing could be compared to the high end of single or double feature pricing in the modular based systems. We love serving you guys. Thanks, Boyd

CH

Chad H.

Not Very Impressed

Among the most frustrating platform I have ever used. As a self-proclaimed "nerd" who enjoys employing tech for efficiency, this product does not come close to meeting my (fairly low) standards.

Pros

It's a simple database system. There is not much more to say about it.

Cons

Incredibly difficult for lay leadership to use; the design for the system is almost archaic for 2022. There should be much easier ways to use the product. Also, the inability to have sub-drop down menus that automatically pop up after a selection from another drop down menu is very frustrating. Many of the things we have needed to use the system for we have had to ask for special help.

Hi Chad, I am really sorry about your experience with Churchteams so far. It sounds like your church is committed to Churchteams. So, thanks for hanging in there to learn more. Our architecture is different for sure than others in part because of our initial purpose and vision for the software - making disciples and building teams. For your lay leaders, they should never have to login to the software, everything should be either "responsive" from a link in an email or text, or initiated through a text with Text-to-Church. Our team will be glad to help you with that so that it becomes as helpful to you as it is for so many others. Blessings, Boyd

MK

Matt K.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Churchteams does so much!

We love churchteams because they offer so much for Groups and so much in the area of reports. I haven't found a better software to handle those two specific things.

Pros

Churchteams has functionality for "Groups" that I haven't found in other church management software. We use it for our Life Group ministry and it has worked very well for us! I love that they generate meeting report emails after each group meeting and they email the leaders automatically. They make tracking attendance for groups a breeze!

Cons

The look and feel of churchteams could use a refresh.

Thank you, Matt, for taking a minute to do this review. If you guys are ever looking for a software to manage all your people data, we'd love to show you how we cover all the other ministry areas using some of the same ideas we developed with groups.

KW

Kevin W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Church Teams

It's great!

Pros

Ease of use and tracking of everything from membership, to discipleship growth, to church offerings.

Cons

None actually, anytime we question an issue, it is addressed shortly.

Thank you, Kevin. We love serving you guys.

AM

Angie M.

Amazing!

Great experience - so glad we found Churchteams!

Pros

Love the intuitive nature of this database. Lets us modify as needed, and developers are ready and willing to help us make changes and add features to make it work for our church. Great customer service. Great training videos.

Cons

Bit of a learning curve, but not too bad. Videos helped with that tremendously. And the webinars are great!

Thank you, Angie. We love serving you guys!

CS

Charles S.

Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees

Packed with features

We are saving money and not losing functionality. It is a winner.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to allow entire church to use software without individual log ins.

Cons

The email editor is a bit clunky but I completely understand the joy of building that from scratch and they are staying on top of it.

Thanks Charles for this review. We love serving you guys and want to do that well.

YL

Yvonne L.

New Features all the time

Set up was easy, training was time consuming but worth it. We love that everyone can have it on our phones and the children's check-in is very easy after initial set up.

Pros

It's easy for our leaders to use. We've used software in the past that's only accessibly to the office, this is accessible (in levels) to everyone. We get leader participation and it even links a list of our groups with leader contact onto our website. Children's check-in and giving are used weekly. We also use the check-in (without label printing) to take attendance of adults in worship. We take attendance in small groups, too.

Cons

We would love it if we could combine daycare/school options found in other programs like ProCare so that we had one database. We'd also love to add a section for outreach so that we can track how many people we serve in our pantry or meet on the street.

Thanks for the review, Yvonne! You should be able to create a pantry group and then use the notes on member profiles to track interactions. Call us if you would like to strategize through that.

Lila S.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Overall, it's a great decision

This is our first foray into a church management system and Churchteams has made the culture shift fairly easy; our financial team loves the donation tracking function; the check-in switch has gone well and offers better reporting than our previous solution; the ability to centralize information has made ministry more effective and efficient overall

Pros

The variety of functions and features available in one package (individual profile with unlimited custom fields, donation tracking and management, group management, email and texting, paid and free event registration, search features, merge features, reporting, volunteer management and tracking, checkin) Customer service is incredibly responsive

Cons

Email editor is not particularly user friendly and requires a bit of HTML knowledge to really use effectively; reporting is well developed in some areas but less developed in others; check-in does not offer timestamp reporting or check-out

Hi Lila, Thanks for this review! So grateful that the software is serving you guys well. Keep us informed of any places you see that need to be cleaned up or simplified. We love that input!

Janine V.

Churchteams Review

Pros

It is easy to use. The customer service is the best I have experience with any product I have ever used. The team personally gets back to you quickly and is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They go out of their way to help.

Cons

It would be nice to have a calendar feature.

Janine, I love that you mentioned a calendar feature. Did you see my blog post last week about integrating with eSPACE to help with calendars and facilities? Check it out if not. It could really help.

AK

Allen K.

Great Product for the Cost

We have been using ChurchTeams for a few years now and have seen it continually grow and evolve into a capable solution for full Church Management. When we first started they were lacking a few features that we wanted, but they were what fit into our budget. Since then they have kept the same pricing and released quite a few of the features we have requested. They have also been very responsive when...

Pros

Price, group reporting, customer support, mobile responsive, online giving and registration, adaptable.

Cons

No 3rd party integrations, some tasks require a little work to complete.

Allen, this is a great review! Thanks for taking time to help other churches by giving your input. It's a privilege to serve you guys. Boyd

SJ

Sue J.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

The Good, The Bad, and the Not So Ugly!

Overall I have been very happy with CT. Most of the problems I encounter are people problems, not problems with the software. Your customer service is extremely good.

Pros

I am responsible for all the Accounts Receivable in our Church. CT has made the part of my job very easy. It is very simple to enter information as well as make necessary changes. The end of year giving process is very nice and I particularly love the webinars you have each year to go over that process. It really helps to refresh me on what to do as well as go over any features I might have missed or that are new. The feature that has brought me the most happiness was to add check recording/storage to CT when using a scanner. Thank you for that. I really have benefited from your webinars. Those have been the most helpful tool I have used.

Cons

Other than the Financial permissions, there does not seem to be a lot of difference between the different levels. Having people update their own information has been a challenge. Because they do not understand how databases work they end up changing their contact information when it has not been changed. I also wish it was harder for people to create new records for themselves as a couple instead of an individual. For example: Instead of entering "John Smith" then "Sue Smith" they will enter "John and Sue" as the first name and "Smith" as the last name. Then I have to go in and separate, then merge them. I'm sure this is not specific to CT but to databases in general.

Thank you, Sue, for this nice review. I'm going to bounce the "John and Sue" issue off our dev team for their consideration.

MZ

Mario Z.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Couldn't be happier, does everything we need and it's super easy to use!

I oversee most of the ministries in our church and churchteams has made managing all of those groups a breeze. Can't imagine going back to a life without this management software!

Pros

Churchteams is very user friendly and intuitive. Great for every aspect of managing groups including sign-ups, attendance, reports, follow-up, scheduling volunteers w/built in reminders and so much more! Very helpful in tracking an individual's involvement and spiritual growth indicators. As an added bonus, we recently began using their online giving feature which is less expensive than our previous provider. It has streamlined our book keeping process and made registering and paying for church events an easy one stop process. All that being said, the Churchteams feature I most appreciate is their support team. Very friendly, knowledgeable people who are super responsive - always get an email or call back within 24 hrs. and usually much sooner.

Cons

Technology and I don't normally get along very well and there have been some instances where I had some difficulty running a report I needed. The nice thing about churchteams, however, is that in the few instances where I've run into that issue, I just contacted support and they ran the report I needed for me and then took the time to explain how I could do it myself the next time. Probably will not be an issue at all for someone who knows their way around a computer.

Thanks Mario! What a great review. I pray it will be helpful to other people reading it. It is a pleasure serving you guys. We appreciate you taking a few moments to do this. Boyd

AW

Allen W.

Best Church Software I've Ever Used

When I first started using ChurchTeams, I was a small group pastor with no assistant or administrative help. When we launched 103 groups that was a lot of data to potential have to input. Considering I wore several hats in our church, it would have been impossible. By sending our group leaders a link to ChurchTeams database, they set up their own groups, populated their rosters, then completely weekly reports online about their group members. It was a life saver. In Group Connection environments where groups leaders meet prospective group members, the mapping feature has been extremely helpful for prospective group members to see which groups are near them. I could go on and on. I have nothing bad to say about this product.

Pros

ChurchTeams has an intuitive interface. It is mobile friendly. The fact that volunteers can access their groups from anywhere is a huge plus. Removes the centralized administrative tasks that most church databases require. It provides both high security and usability. I have used this product since 2004 when it started as a small groups database. Now, ChurchTeams can do everything. The staff is polite and very responsive. You can pick up the phone and call the President of the company if you need to! They are always learning and improving. Always open to suggestions. I highly recommend ChurchTeams. It's affordable, efficient, and safe. As we say in the South: "Dumb if you don't!"

Cons

Thanks Allen. You are too kind. I would just add that you were very helpful in our thinking about refining development back then to better serve small group ministries. Boyd

HS

Heather S.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Great software for mid-size churches

Churchteams is our church database. Its holds all information. All programs are registered using online forms for efficiency and accuracy. Checkin for all days/types of programs are done through it (whether nametags are needed or not). All attendance for all programs can easily be kept. We use it to schedule all volunteers as it is easy to see when their are conflicts or doubke-bookings.

Pros

Very easy to use. It is simple to get started as most of what a church needs to do is ready to go. Has the capabity to manage donations (we do not use this feature) and to do online registration (which we use all the time). Makes checkin to programs seamless and easy. It's very intuitive which makes training easy. Has helpful features like email and texting through the software and texting parents through the checkin system during programs (which is very handy). This software is great for churches or organizations who dont have a dedicated data entry or IT department!

Cons

If you want to do a lot of customizations then this software might not be right for you. The reports can be a bit cumbersome to run and, also, have limited customizations.

Hi Heather, If you need any help on reporting, please let us know. Have you discovered Saved Reports? The new User Interface we are about to release will bring those Saved Reports right to the front for quick access. We appreciate you and are here to help anytime. Thanks, Boyd

DP

Daniel P.

Churchteams evaluation

While there were many packages that offered accounting posting and attendance tracking along with membership recording, Churchteams excelled in the small group, Sunday school and children"s ministry areas. It was possible to get some of these capabilities by using two or more programs but, Churchteams incorporates them in a more efficient manner. I know some software packages offer an accounting package and build other options from there but I can use Quickbooks for accounting while the bulk of my concerns are answered by Churchteams.

Pros

The group centered functionality. The customer support. The check in capabilities. The registration with payment function.

Cons

The difficulty of properly handling the recording of a person that is deceased. Some difficulty is mining the data for reporting needs. The system for making credit card processing data recorded under contribution to match with bank deposit statements.

Awesome review, Daniel. These are great learning tools for us. It's a privilege to serve you guys!

KI

Keith I.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

An awesome tool that allows leaders access in the palm of their hands!

I first started with churchteams.com as we were looking for a way to have a church database available to all our leaders from anywhere. In addition to being able to track our discipleship progress with individuals, we are now able to track giving AND we can access this from the palm of our hand on any smart phone or tablet. Boyd has a real heart for the kingdom and is constantly tweaking the program...

Pros

Access anywhere anytime. Grows with your organization. Does automation of the most tedious things.

Cons

Learning curve, but that the case with any new software.

Awesome review, Keith. So glad we were able to help you pull your data under one umbrella. Thanks, Boyd

Donald K.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

I have used this software at multiple churches and you can't beat their customer service

Easy to use, easy to train others on, and their customer service is the best I have ever encountered.

Pros

We use Churchteams for Small Groups, Sunday School, Children's Ministry check in, Service Groups, Children's workers and background checks. It is a great one stop shop for the church at a decent price. We love that it works on all plateforms as well from PC to Mac and tablet to cell phone. We are always finding new ways to use it and are satisfied with it.

Cons

Yeah it may not come with all of the bells and whistles of social media style connections, but it works well for management and organization. Some of our more tech savey youth would prefer a newer updated software but those others are too expensive and complex.

Hi Don, Thank you for the excellent review and kind words. Serving you well really is our passion. To that end, any specific ideas related to your younger staff wanting a "newer, updated software" would be really helpful. We are constantly retiring technology debt as we call it to upgrade. Our text driven UI for example is leading edge stuff. If you have some thoughts on that, email me directly - boyd@churchteams.com. I would love your input. Again, thanks for the gracious review and privilege of serving you guys! Boyd

DM

Danielle M.

Lakeview's Review

Pros

The thing we love most about the software is the ease of use. It is easy to get a group or a person added.

Cons

The thing we like least about the software is how easy it is to get a duplicate person in there. Yes there is a merge feature, but sometimes it doesn't catch everything. I wish that as you are putting the information in for a new person, the system would recognize some of the info a warn you.

Thanks for the review, Danielle. Do you have a feel for where the duplicates are coming from when being entered in? Each system does have duplicate checking - registration, manual entry, check-in, batch entry, online giving.

MM

Mark M.

Abundance of features, especially for the price.

Pros

We are just a couple days away from our biggest event of the year and I just wanted to say that Churchteams has been integral in our registration and follow-up processes. We have been able to coordinate several different teams, run a myriad of reports and even handle registration for 125 guests and 235+ volunteers. Last year we had about three different tools and a variety of spreadsheets to handle things. This year CT has done pretty much all of it. Yes our children's ministry and others use it weekly but this has been one of the biggest benefits for me personally in overseeing this event. I've been using CT for 7-8 years total between two churches and it has served me well all along the way. Any time I run into a question I can contact our rep and he gets back to me promptly.

Cons

Given the plethora of features some really are not applicable to our situation. Similarly some of the more advanced features take a bit of time to figure out.

Thank you, Mark! We appreciate the privilege of serving you guys.

ES

Elizabeth S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

A True God Send

ChurchTeams has revolutionized how we manage our congregation data. Our congregation members information is available at the touch of a button. Gathering our attendance reports has become so simple for everyone. The month attendance reports give us valuable insight into the health of our church, our groups, and our members. The financial section is an area of growth for our leadership and we will begin to explore it more fully soon.

Pros

Their customer support is top notch, not only for their industry but for all the businesses I deal with for church business. Their leadership is available and often follows up on the customer service or technical assistance calls themselves to ensure resolution. Their leadership is engaged and often asking for feedback on ChurchTeams. Improvements are based off of real customer feedback.

Cons

I honestly can't give any cons about this software. I have yet to find a single problem area or issue that ChurchTeams hasn't addressed and resolved in a timely fashion.

Thanks, Elizabeth! Everyone reading this, listen to her advice! I'd love to meet you. Boyd

DQ

Diane Q.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

BEST church software there is!

I've been a church secretary and worked with 5 different church programs and this is by far the best easiest and most convenient and efficient program I've ever used. Promotion Sunday is this week and it's a breeze using Church Teams. The customer support is absolutely the best if we need anything at all. I highly recommend this company/software!

Pros

Easy of use, great customer support, very user friendly

Cons

none, this is a great software and does absolutely everything I need.

Thank you, Diane!

LS

Luke S.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Best software yet for communicating with your church!

Met [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at a conference back in the day and in conversations, I knew this is where we had to go. As a former software developer, I almost felt like Churchteams is what I would have created if I'd made it myself. As a Senior Pastor, I was so happy to introduce it to my staff and the support in conversion and beyond has been amazing. My staff loves it...

Pros

Ease of communication, the group setup and tracking, great cloud based member directory

Cons

I wish there was an app that just put everything at my fingertips with really easy navigation. I don't use it on my phone, only when in the office

Hi Luke, thanks for taking the time to do this report. If you want access on your phone, there's a link on the login page to show you how to save the login link to the home page of your phone. It's really easy to do and gives you full access to everything right from your phone! It's not an Apple or Google product, but really is a web app you can use anywhere.

MZ

Mario Z.

1-10 employees

GREAT VALUE - LOVE THIS SOFTWARE!!!

We've been using Churchteams for about a year now and we love it. The child check-in system is easy set up and use and has a higher level of security and proffesionalism to our children's ministry. It's also made our church and group attendance as well as our congregations ministry involvement sooo much easier to track. The great thing about all of that is it makes it much simpler to for us determine...

Pros

Great way to track finances and church involvement. Also super friendly people and excellent support.

Cons

Generating reports. Their support team is always willing to help with this but it would be nice if it was a little easier to do yourself.

Thanks Mario, for the great review and feedback. We have reports on our development upgrade list, but no specific time set to work on them yet. Looking forward to being able to provide automated reports that are emailed to you in the future though. Boyd

GJ

Gene J.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Church Teams review

It’s been great and I look forward to learning how to use it better this year.

Pros

Church teams customer service did a good job helping us get set up. It’s easy to use for most of the needs we have. I like that it’s set up for a small group church.

Cons

I use a shortcut in my phone to get to church teams. I think a church teams app might make it more user friendly for the work we do. Most people seem to access church teams by phone.

Hi Gene, Have you guys played around with Text-to-Church much yet? It is really our way to help people easily engage the software without having to even download another app. If not, it might be worth learning more about. The first 20 minutes of Meet The Software webinar is dedicated to it. Keep us posted anyway we can serve you better. Sincerely, Boyd