Churchteams Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend8.99/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

You can manage volunteers and the children's ministry with a great flow. It is easy to use and they have great knowledgable customer service.
They have an amazing email editor that you can use to create and send amazing looking email (as good or better than MailChimp), create email templates, and saved emails for sending using automation.
I loved how easy it is to use and how flawless the transition was to switch from CCB to Churchteams. Customer Service was outstanding and worked with me on whatever I needed.
Recently discovered that the ChurchTeams software does not work well with Macs, which a couple of our staff use.
Our initial transfer of information seemed clunky, but that turned out to be our own mistake.
The embed code for the directory was not very functional for those using their phones. It would get stuck scrolling within the website.

Churchteams users...

ShelbyNext Membership-logocaret

ShelbyNext Membership

Breeze-logocaret

Breeze

How would you rate Churchteams?

Robles B.

Systems Administrator

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Innovative and very professional

Transcript

Benjamin R: Hi, my name is Benjamin. I am a systems administrator for a not-for-profit organization,...

Great All Inclusive package.

Transcript

Charlene: I'm Charlene. I am an assistant pastor. I would give Churchteams a ranking of five. For more...

Grace Church

We continue to grow into the system. It has alot of options that we aren't using and need to spend the time to do so.

Pros

Cost, ease of use, continual upgrades, good customer service

Cons

Online registrations create duplicate records

Thanks for doing this referral, Carol. One thought on the online registration duplicates is to begin emphasizing use of Text-to-Register. A person's identity is established based on their phone number directly and it's easier for the registrant to use. So, benefits both sides of the registration process. Serving you guys is a pleasure for us.

ChurchTeams for Small Groups

Pros

The Small Groups features are fantastic. From automated attendance reports to website integration, ChurchTeams has been helpful in our small groups ministry.

Cons

There are so many other features that we don’t use because the rest of our team would have to switch platforms. Maybe a tier based subscription would be nice for those like me who do not use all the features available.

Hi Anthony, I'm really slow responding to this, but better late than never. Thanks for the great review. When we thought about pricing, we opted to keep it simple with everything for the one price. That way your not nickel and dimed for every feature. But, we also wanted to be affordable so that our pricing could be compared to the high end of single or double feature pricing in the modular based systems. We love serving you guys. Thanks, Boyd

Best Decision We Made

ChurchTeams is a great solution for our church management needs. It is innovative and relevant to the church today. The co-founders are very helpful and understand ministry. It blew me away when I received an email from the customer representative that he was praying for our church! This is not your ordinary church software!

Pros

We have had the software for 9 months and we are constantly learning new things that we can do. The innovative text-to-church feature is the reason we chose ChurchTeams. It allows our congregation to participate easily in check-ins, giving, registrations and more with their mobile phones. It has all the normal features that are necessary for a church database management like reporting, contribution tracking, online giving as well as text giving, etc. The group attendance feature and volunteer scheduling work great!

Cons

The set-up and learning was a struggle for me. It took perseverance! I watched videos and did webinars. It would have been helpful to have written instructions but that is only because it is the way I learn. The good news is once that part is over it is easy to use both for administration, pastoral staff and volunteers.

Hi Roxann, Thank you for the kind words and review. I am so grateful that you have gotten over that learning hump and are loving the software. It's an honor to serve you guys. Boyd

Churchteams is the Greatest!

We have been with Churchteams since 2008. We have found their software very user friendly and easy to understand. It has also been very easy to train our small group leaders to use the software for their small groups. They quickly become so comfortable with it that they easily edit their small group page and keep their roster up-to-date without needing us to administrate for them. The more the leader...

Cons

Carolyn, you guys have always been a blessing to us. Thank you.

My Review on Churchteams

For a medium sized church the software if great! As for the one who uses it the most (for database purposes and for finances) I have mastered it however others in my church feel that it is not intuitive and the user interface is a bit out of date and not as simple/compelling as others we have worked with. Basically they wish it looked cooler :/

Pros

I think it is pretty simple and there are a lot of functions (almost too many)

Cons

It is not intuitive to the average person is you have not spent the time to really learn it!

Hi Kathryn, Great input. Of course, as you know, our design was for what I call "responsive access" for most people rather than user-initiated access which relies so heavily on user-interface. We've focused on making it so with one click from email or text, you're average person is on the page doing what they need. That said, we'll eventually update the UI platform which is from Twitter, Bootstrap a couple of years ago. Thanks, Boyd

Makes data management a breeze!

Since the program was created by people who've been where I'm at, they have the insider knowledge to know what I, and others like me, really want. The company is constantly adding new features, often anticipating needs before I realized I had them. The absolutely free-no credit card required-trial is an excellent way to give the system a trial run. Billing adjusts to the appropriate tier once...

Pros

Monthly reports with trends Cusomizable reporting Ease of use Available on any device "Did you know" Q&A on the home screen Easy to embed into website

Cons

N/A

Churchteams does so much!

We love churchteams because they offer so much for Groups and so much in the area of reports. I haven't found a better software to handle those two specific things.

Pros

Churchteams has functionality for "Groups" that I haven't found in other church management software. We use it for our Life Group ministry and it has worked very well for us! I love that they generate meeting report emails after each group meeting and they email the leaders automatically. They make tracking attendance for groups a breeze!

Cons

The look and feel of churchteams could use a refresh.

Thank you, Matt, for taking a minute to do this review. If you guys are ever looking for a software to manage all your people data, we'd love to show you how we cover all the other ministry areas using some of the same ideas we developed with groups.

Churchteams has been a great tool for our ministry!

We have used churchteams for our small group ministry for four years. It's been a very helpful tool for maintaining group rosters, tracking weekly meeting attendance, and communicating with the group leaders. We have a multi-level leadership structure (leaders, coaches and campus directors) which is supported well by this software. The monthly reports help us keep metrics for group participation...

Cons

We love raving fans like you, Roni. Thanks for taking a moment to give this referral and for sharing us with others. Boyd

BEST church software there is!

I've been a church secretary and worked with 5 different church programs and this is by far the best easiest and most convenient and efficient program I've ever used. Promotion Sunday is this week and it's a breeze using Church Teams. The customer support is absolutely the best if we need anything at all. I highly recommend this company/software!

Pros

Easy of use, great customer support, very user friendly

Cons

none, this is a great software and does absolutely everything I need.

Thank you, Diane!

Word of Life Church - Flowood

I've enjoyed it for the most part, it's well priced and accomplishes what we need in addition to good customer service.

Pros

It's rather easy to use and the price point is solid.

Cons

I do wish it was easier to implement into our church's website.

Thanks Alex. Integration with your website should be as simple as copying and pasting a link. If there is something else that you are looking for, please let us know. Website integration is really important. I appreciate you doing this review.

Excellent Customer Service

Pros

I appreciate their very attentive Customer service and the one-on-one attention that you can receive from the software developers and their support team. They have many videos that you can watch to help you learn on your own time if customer service is not available. Always super friendly and helpful. They operate with the philosophy that no question is a stupid question.

Cons

I do not like the fact that trying to use the database on a mobile device can be a bit clunky. I would like to have an easier sign in process than using my browser application.

Hi Eric, Thanks for the review. I appreciate it and pray that we serve you well. Have you played around at all with the text to church feature? I have a blog post tomorrow on what we are calling text to me. It essentially takes you to all your stuff by texting ME. We feel this could be a really helpful way to engage your people in all the features of the software. It¿s a privilege to serve you guys. Thanks, Boyd

Best software yet for communicating with your church!

Met [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at a conference back in the day and in conversations, I knew this is where we had to go. As a former software developer, I almost felt like Churchteams is what I would have created if I'd made it myself. As a Senior Pastor, I was so happy to introduce it to my staff and the support in conversion and beyond has been amazing. My staff loves it...

Pros

Ease of communication, the group setup and tracking, great cloud based member directory

Cons

I wish there was an app that just put everything at my fingertips with really easy navigation. I don't use it on my phone, only when in the office

Hi Luke, thanks for taking the time to do this report. If you want access on your phone, there's a link on the login page to show you how to save the login link to the home page of your phone. It's really easy to do and gives you full access to everything right from your phone! It's not an Apple or Google product, but really is a web app you can use anywhere.

Great church management software

Our experience as a church has been very positive. The software has been well received by our small group leaders and assures us that they give us weekly attendance reports. The report function is also very useful to understand certain metrics about our church.

Pros

Churchteams has made it very easy for us to track what is happening in the church including small group involvement, Sunday attendance, offerings, etc. Over the years Churchteams has become a powerful tool to help us manage our church membership and understand how people are involved in the church.

Cons

I have very few cons. As the functionality of the software has grown and the many options it provides, at times it can be a little difficult to find out where certain settings are. This is a minor problem considering all that the software can do for your organization.

Sorry to be really slow to respond, but I wanted to say thanks for doing this review, Gary!

Overall, it's a great decision

This is our first foray into a church management system and Churchteams has made the culture shift fairly easy; our financial team loves the donation tracking function; the check-in switch has gone well and offers better reporting than our previous solution; the ability to centralize information has made ministry more effective and efficient overall

Pros

The variety of functions and features available in one package (individual profile with unlimited custom fields, donation tracking and management, group management, email and texting, paid and free event registration, search features, merge features, reporting, volunteer management and tracking, checkin) Customer service is incredibly responsive

Cons

Email editor is not particularly user friendly and requires a bit of HTML knowledge to really use effectively; reporting is well developed in some areas but less developed in others; check-in does not offer timestamp reporting or check-out

Hi Lila, Thanks for this review! So grateful that the software is serving you guys well. Keep us informed of any places you see that need to be cleaned up or simplified. We love that input!

GREAT VALUE - LOVE THIS SOFTWARE!!!

We've been using Churchteams for about a year now and we love it. The child check-in system is easy set up and use and has a higher level of security and proffesionalism to our children's ministry. It's also made our church and group attendance as well as our congregations ministry involvement sooo much easier to track. The great thing about all of that is it makes it much simpler to for us determine...

Pros

Great way to track finances and church involvement. Also super friendly people and excellent support.

Cons

Generating reports. Their support team is always willing to help with this but it would be nice if it was a little easier to do yourself.

Thanks Mario, for the great review and feedback. We have reports on our development upgrade list, but no specific time set to work on them yet. Looking forward to being able to provide automated reports that are emailed to you in the future though. Boyd

The do everything software

We have been with Churchteams for 9 years. In that time they have added so many features, and so many users. Several times we have found new uses for the software that saved is from adding yet another monthly subscription elsewhere. From group tracking to giving to our Weekday preschool software, we use Churchteams for about everything. The one thing that hasn't changed in 9 years is the amazing customer support. We have been so much more than satisfied!

Pros

Churchteams is so flexible! Anything we want to accomplish, we can find a way to do it with churchteams. And usually if we can't figure out how to implement an idea, it just takes a call to customer support and we have it figured out.

Cons

It's not the prettiest thing to look at. I find that we care about that more than our congregation.

Wow, Lincoln! Thank you for the amazing review. It's amazing to think it has been 9 years. I really appreciate your loyalty and feedback all along the way. That's what makes a great relationship. Boyd

Churchteams from the administration point of view

Overall we use Churchteams for group collaboration and management. We do not use the check in system (Kids check). We are using it for main membership database.

Pros

Web-based and in the cloud. Support from churchteams is very open and direct for changes you may need or assistance in functionality. It is also the best way for groups to collaborate.

Cons

As much as it is useful for collaboration between groups and teams, it is not the best tool for check in of childrens ministry or as an overall membership database. Check in lacked functionality other packages have for contacting/texting parents and detailed tags for volunteers and kids. The membership database itself is fair. As is the case most times, best of breed software requires specific packages for specific functionality.

Thank you, Steve, for your review here. Sorry to hear your thoughts about Check-in though. Not sure what you meant by lacking functionality for texting parents and detailed tags for kids / volunteers. We do provide that functionality plus even texting to initiate check-in and receiving the security code back as a text message. Maybe it has been a few years since you guys looked at it or are mistaking it for something else. The same with the membership database. Not sure what you see is missing. Overall, though, thank you again for your evlaution. It's a privilege to serve you guys.

The review

Pros

I like the fact that it is easy to get in touch with people for customer service and the original developers are still invested in their product.

Cons

The printing feature is rough at best. We need to copy info to other software to get some of the features to work correctly.

Thanks Mike. It's a privilege to serve Wayzata Free!

Churchteams is the best Church Management System available!

Pros

We originally signed up for Churchteams so we could effectively manage our small groups. However, it did not take long for us to realize that Churchteams was capable of being our entire church management system. Prior to signing up with Churchteams, we were using an outdated church management system that was not user-friendly. If you didn't have the user manual close by, it was very difficult to...

Cons

Our church doesn't have anything negative to say about Churchteams!

An Effective Inexpensive Solution

We started with Church Teams years ago when it was only focused on small groups. When it came time for us to move our church database to another solution, we were excited to discover how CT had evolved. I appreciated its clean look and lack of clutter from unused input fields, along with the ability to easily add our own. Also, the concept of viewing everything we do - ministry, teams, and even events, etc. - as "groups" that people can "join" fit well with our ministry model. There are many other, more powerful (and expensive) tools available, but Church Teams is a great solution for small to mid-sized churches.

Pros

Clean look, ease of use.

Cons

I wish CT had a means to "push" assimilation of new people coming into our church. Automatic, online tracking and notifications of new people entered into the database would be wonderful!

Great advice, Dwayne, thanks for growing with us! We'll keep moving forward with you. Thanks, Boyd

Church Teams review

It’s been great and I look forward to learning how to use it better this year.

Pros

Church teams customer service did a good job helping us get set up. It’s easy to use for most of the needs we have. I like that it’s set up for a small group church.

Cons

I use a shortcut in my phone to get to church teams. I think a church teams app might make it more user friendly for the work we do. Most people seem to access church teams by phone.

Hi Gene, Have you guys played around with Text-to-Church much yet? It is really our way to help people easily engage the software without having to even download another app. If not, it might be worth learning more about. The first 20 minutes of Meet The Software webinar is dedicated to it. Keep us posted anyway we can serve you better. Sincerely, Boyd

A SMALL GROUP MINISTRY MUST

I'VE BEEN USING CHURCHTEAMS TO KEEP TRACK OF MY SMALL GROUP MINISTRY FROM ALMOST THEIR BEGINNING. THIS TOOL HAS BEEN A HUGE BLESSING FOR ME AND MY MINISTRY. THE EASE OF USE FOR MY LEADERS IN KEEPING TRACK OF THEIR GROUP IS INCREDIBLE. THE BENEFIT I GAIN FROM THE ATTENDANCE TRACKING IS WORTH EVERY PENNY. MY ABILITY TO TRACK ATTENDANCE FROM WEEK TO WEEK HELPS ME SEE HOW EFFECTIVE WE ARE BEING AND WHERE GROWTH IS TAKING PLACE. ALL IN ALL, CHURCHTEAMS IS ONE OF THE MOST VALUABLE TOOLS THAT I HAVE IN MY ARSENAL. I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANY MINISTRY LEADER.

Pros

THE EASE OF USE, THE ATTENDANCE MODULE, THE MAPPING FUNCTION, BEING ABLE TO BRAND IT WITH OUR BRAND.

Cons

THE SUMMARY REPORTS AREN'T EXACTLY WHAT I NEED, AS FAR AS FEEDBACK IN CONCERNED, BUT I WAS ABLE TO MAKE MY OWN REPORT FROM IDEAS I RECEIVED FROM CHURCHTEAMS.

I love your comment, "I wouldn't do small groups without it." Thanks Ronnie. I obviously feel the same way about it. Boyd

If you think in Small Groups & Ministry Teams then this is for you!

We've been working with Churchteams for a year and are happy with it. Implementation was smooth. We had a spreadsheet previously and with a few small tweaks we were able to import our data.

Pros

The reminder emails, easy reporting, and simple interface make this a win for us. The contribution tracking is so simple. The team based way of thinking makes sense to the way we organize Eagle LifeChurch. The customer service and development team take time to listen and respond quickly. They don't charge extra to get help and they make needed improvements often. The updates are always exactly what I was looking for.

Cons

The appearance is old school, it's not very modern. The automation is missing. Scheduling is clumsy. Registration is a bit complicated, and it doesn't embed perfectly in our WordPress website.

Thanks Brad. We are looking at an upgrade to the UI for a few of the key pages like the member info page. Stay tuned for that. We always appreciate your feedback!

One of our current needs is to be able to track the overall activity of our members. By using CT software, we can run a report to see exactly what groups and service ministries our members are involved in. This has been very helpful during our recruiting times because, with a quick look, we can see who is already involved and who is not. Overall, this software program has served us well.

Pros

As a ministry assistant, I track data on member and group activity in our church. I frequently make changes, moving members in and out of groups and tracking their movement. I find CT software to be user-friendly, simple and straightforward. Communication by email and text is fairly easy, and the look is clean.

Cons

I frequently move in and out of the main group page to check information on individual groups, and when I return to the main page, I don't want to have to start at the top of the page again. I would like to return to that part of the page I was at last.

Leslie, Thank you for taking a few minutes to do this review for us. We really appreciate it and the privilege of serving you guys.

ChurchTeams has it all

Churchteams has been amazing for our church. The support is phenomenal and fast. It has allowed us to stay organized, keep track and automate some things that would otherwise take a lot of time.

Pros

ChurchTeams has every function, report, registration attribute, and so much more that you could want in a database. It is a great way to keep track of people and their involvement and communication.

Cons

I wish there was a way that there would be an easy mode and advanced mode. Churchteams seems to be overwhelming to many people, and it would be great if there was a mode that would take away some of the advanced features.

Hi Jessica, Thank you for the review. I like your idea of easy and more advanced. We're getting ready to rollout a new User Interface on the first screen you login to that is designed to simplify and speed up access to the features the login person needs. I'd love your feedback when it's out there. Thanks, Boyd