All categories

Churchteams Reviews

Pros

I loved how easy it is to use and how flawless the transition was to switch from CCB to Churchteams. Customer Service was outstanding and worked with me on whatever I needed.

Diego M.

You can manage volunteers and the children's ministry with a great flow. It is easy to use and they have great knowledgable customer service.

Jon A.

Cons

Recently discovered that the ChurchTeams software does not work well with Macs, which a couple of our staff use.

Mandy D.

Our initial transfer of information seemed clunky, but that turned out to be our own mistake.

Rick M.

The embed code for the directory was not very functional for those using their phones. It would get stuck scrolling within the website.

Amber C.

Innovative and very professional

Transcript

Benjamin R: Hi, my name is Benjamin. I am a systems administrator for a not-for-profit organization,...

Great Platform, Great Service, Great Price

I can't say enough about the support from ChurchTeams and I also appreicate their willingness and ability to implement almost everything we have requested or figure out a work around that meets our expectations. They are also always improving the software and releasing updates often and they listen to the ChurchTeams community.

Pros

ChurchTeams is extremely functional. It has everything and more than many of the major players in the ChMS market. Church to Text is an excellent example. Their support and service is second to none. They are very responsive to enhancement requests and assistance with reports and any aspect of their system. Also their price is extremely economical.

Cons

I can’t really say there is anything I dislike. One of the things I mentioned to them was to enhance the GUI interface to have the slick feel of some of the newer platforms. In my opinion ChurchTeams has always been about function over aesthetics but I do know they are currently working to improve the GUI interface.

Brad, thank you for this very kind review. We love colaboring with you guys for the sake of the Kingdom. Technology is constantly evolving and changing. We want to stay in front of that as best we can. Your thoughts and feedback are instrumental to that goal. Thanks, Boyd

Needs a calendar

It has been very good!

Pros

It is helping in assimilation at our church much better than we were doing.

Cons

It is very different from the system we were using. The old system was very basic and simple. I am not a good tech person and I was having difficulty navigating all the features this software had to offer. One thing that we really are missing is a generalized calendar to put all of our church events on. I know there are many out there, but it was nice using the calendar all in the same place one is doing all the other church system stuff in.

Thanks for doing this review Kenneth. Here are our current thoughts about use of Calendars if that's helpful. But, we do have this on our list to further consider at some point. https://blog.churchteams.com/3-problems-calendars-help-solve Thanks.

Churchteams is a Positive Addition

Pros

Churchteams has been a great addition to our ministry resources. From online giving to membership information.

Cons

It would be helpful if there was an app that went with program.

Hi Jase, If you either email the login link to yourself and open it in your phone, or login from the website; on the login page, you'll see instructions on how to save a shortcut link on your phone. It's actually easier than downloading an app, takes less space on your phone, never needs updated, and gives you access to the entire tool instead of a subset of it like most apps do. We built Churchteams to be mobile optimized. Thanks for the great review and kind words.

Get's the Job Done- But Quirky, Clunky and Not User Friendly

Pros

Overall Churchteams meets several needs for our organization at a price point that we can afford. We use church teams to - Keep track of member information - Capture information and follow up with first time guests - Kids' ministry check-in -Volunteer check-in - Managing Volunteer Teams - Small groups rosters - Keep track of people's discipleship journey (taking Next Steps). I love the fact that Church teams allows us to make notes shepherding between multiple pastors, elders and small group leaders. The same goes for Guest Follow Up. Church teams allows us to keep the follow up process running smoothly.

Cons

Clunky user interface. Navigation of the menus and features of church teams feels like just a mountain of black text on a white background. It's hard to locate the things we need when we need them. Use of color and/or icons could make this more user friendly. I know Church Teams CAN do so many wonderful things but often it is a headache to figure out HOW to get Church Teams to do it. Setting up...

Andrew, this is a really helpful review for us. We are working on many of the things you suggest in the Cons section and are excited about the future. The Search page that you login to is in production now and should be rolled out soon. I think you'll find it a huge improvement in many of the areas you mention. Thanks for taking the time to do this and feel free to stay in touch with us on this stuff directly as well.

Excellent Groups Management Software

We use Churchteams to track all of our data for groups. It helps us keep track of the metrics that drive group health and it helps us maintain consistent communication with our group leaders. As our number of groups has grown, Churchteams has become more and more vital to our groups management. On one hand, this is due to the volume of information that is being tracked, but it's primarily due to how effective we've found Churchteams to be.

Pros

The things that I like the most about Churchteams are its versatility, their customer service, and its overall effectiveness. Churchteams is helpful for everything from getting people registered for groups to facilitating communication in groups at every level (from group members, to leaders, to coaches, to pastors - whatever levels you need). I primarily use Churchteams for our small groups ministry,...

Cons

My biggest complaint is that generating reports with this software isn't very intuitive. Many times I have to experiment with various options to find the data that I want. It's also not the most aesthetically pleasing interface.

I'm slow to respond, but wanted to say thanks for the review, Steve! If it would be helpful, we'd love to help you guys with other outstanding features like Workflow, Text & Email marketing, etc.. Thanks, Boyd

Fantastic for what we use it for, about 15 years behind in tech

Pros

We love the prayer email functionality of it. All of our small groups get to include prayer requests with their attendance and that is why we use this program. That is the main reason! We also like that our users don't need to remember another username and password.

Cons

It looks and functions like it is from the early 2000s. It is 15 years behind others like Planning Center etc.

Hi Joel, I'm really slow responding to this. Thanks for taking the time to do the review. I just looked into your account and you guys are still using the old Role-based system, no wonder it seems way behind. You have to make the switch to see the home page dashboard and other functionality! We love serving you guys and would love to have another conversation if you want to see our broader functionality. Blessings, Boyd

Great Church Management Software with a great support staff

Great experience using the software. I would also say they have the best support out of any company I have experienced. I get a call back in the same day.

Pros

I like the forward thinking toward the next advancement in the software. It started years ago with small group reminder emails for attendance and prayer requests. Now they have added features such as text to give, all check, etc.

Cons

It can be a little clunky on the backend until you are used to using it.

Thanks Kevin, for the great review. You guys are a blessing to partner with.

Best Church Management Software

CT support is always super fast and they always have the solution right at their fingertips. Their knowledgebase almost always has exactly what I need, and when it hasn't, my email requests for help are answered lightning fast. I am always paying less per year than I expect to, and they constantly make the service better without jacking up my costs. I wouldn't even consider making a change.

Pros

ChurchTeams facilitates communication better than any any CMS I've ever seen (and lets be honest - It's all about communication). They have an amazing email editor that you can use to create and send amazing looking email (as good or better than MailChimp), create email templates, and saved emails for sending using automation. They offer text-to-church and text-to-church functionality that makes giving and inbound communication a cinch. This software makes this solo pastor look like he has a first rate administrative team!

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I don't like, have complained about in the past, or wish I had that they don't already offer. This software meets more needs that I currently have.

Thank you, Jon. It's a privilege to be part of your team!!

Fantastic product, fantastic team

Our team is genuinely excited to learn how to use this product. So many of our staff were simply fed up with the former system and many were outsourcing various functions to other products because they system was simply not user friendly. That becomes a nightmare for trying to compile usable data on a holistic level, which is NECESSARY to assess the health of the body, the ministries, or any parishioner in a church our size. And, again, the Churchteams team is beyond compare.

Pros

The ease of use is the top of the list of what I like most about Churchteams. It's simple, but so powerful. It's also one of the most affordable options and the customer service has been exemplary. Executive has been with us every step of the way, Executives are always available to answer questions and their help and expertise with the data conversion was priceless. Our team is actually excited to use it and they are learning quickly how to navigate everything.

Cons

Honestly the only drawbacks in my opinion are relate to the search function as it relates to our former product. We have a large congregation and a LOT of records. In our former ChMS (the one that must not be named - if you've used it you know exactly which one I'm talking about) we could search by partial first AND partial last name simultaneously. In Churchteams regardless of whether you're doing a people search or a merge or whatever it is, it will search as you type, but it will only search one partial name at a time. It's an inconvenience at worst, but it is something I hope they consider implementing in the future because it really does help immensely with you have, for example, nearly 500 Smiths in the database.

Thank you, Kara, for this really nice review. We look forward to Pathway thriving with Churchteams!

The Best Overall Program

Previously, we had a very simple church management system that did not meet even half of our needs. Church Teams has revolutionize the way we run our office, and all of our ministries and outreach. What’s more, they respond to questions quickly, and they take suggestions very seriously as we’ve seen updates and improvements reflect our requests from the field. We LOVE ChurchTeams and highly recommend!

Pros

Church Teams covers every area of software and programming that our church could ever imagine needing. From security and children’s check-in to data management, giving, small groups, volunteer scheduling, and event registration, anyone we introduce it to comments on how easy it is to use.

Cons

Thank you, Rick, for this great review. To hear the word, "revolutionize" is so encouraging.

Churchteams database

Pros

The ease of use and the aggregation of data that allows us to have what we need at our fingertips.

Cons

Only negative to me is that with online giving and text to give, a physical address needs to be required when first setting up the account. We send a follow up email the the giver requesting the info but that doesnt always work in practice. It would make it easier if we had the physical address from the get go available for giving statements at the end of the year.

Thanks Rodney. I know that our online giving doesn't require the physical address any longer, so maybe there is something unique you are doing there. Plus, we email statements so that you wouldn't have to have a physical address at all even for guest givers. I really appreciate you taking a few minutes to do this review. We love serving you guys. Boyd

Churchteams: Bare Bones but Affordable

Churchteams' customer service was fantastic. It was also the most affordable option for us at the time. However, a poor (bare-bones) design made it "seem" less professional. Perception is often reality, unfortunately.

Pros

Customer service was great with ChurchTeams. Their team went above and beyond with all of our requests, even praying with our office managers on the phone and asking about their lives. Of course, that has little to do with the actual software, but it is and added bonus. Churchteams is a bare-bones option for small and medium-sized churches looking to establish a database. Because of limited interface design, it's fairly easy to navigate.

Cons

Presentation was not at all impressive. The usability was limited because of this, in my opinion. To some, being pleasing to the eye isn't important, but we found it to be a drawback. Bad design makes people not want to use it as much as good design does. It's a fine line, but an important one.

Hi Daniel, Thank you for the review. Working on our User Interface is a priority for us currently. Our priority in development has been User Experience which is why we've focused on Text-to-Church and "responsive access". The result is software that you average guest, member, leader and volunteer use by simply clicking a link in an email or text and they are doing whatever you want them to do....

Pastor Assistant - main user of Churchteams

So the most incredible experience I had with tech support was a time that I totally messed up our online giving - in fact, I single handedly cancelled all ability of any transactions going through. This was something that was ENTIRELY my fault and could have cost our church thousands of dollars in offerings. I realized that this was a major problem on a Saturday afternoon. I put in an emergency call, and believe it or not, the owner of the company called me back and interrupted his dinner at a restaurant to make phone calls and pull in favors so that our online giving was up and running by Sunday morning. Loving my Churchteams!

Pros

I am the pastoral assistant for a church with weekly attendance of about 800, and a database of 6063. We have been using Churchteams for more than five years. When I came on staff, Churchteams was set up, but there was no one to train me. I learned the program by watching the tutorials, and having tech support on speed dial. The program itself is very intuitive if you have minimal database skills....

Cons

Our website guy would like it if the links could be totally customized so it doesn't look like people are leaving our website when doing online giving or small group sign-ups.

Thanks Rory. I was a pastor for a couple of decades and know about emergency calls. We try to operate our company with that same love and concern. Thanks for trusting us to help you serve your people. That's what it's all about. Boyd

Churchteams has brought us all together!

I am the secretary here at theway church. Before Churchteams, communication was handled via Gmail, which is fine, but after several emails to large numbers of people Gmail shut down. Through Church teams, I can email or text as often as I need to. Now, I am not the only one sending out emails and texts. The Pastor, Associate Pastor, and the Team Leaders can send out their own communications. With...

Pros

User friendly, great support!

Cons

This is an incredible review, Cyndi. Thanks for taking the time to share details with everyone. We love serving you guys and look forward to helping you with online giving too, soon. It's great now, but an even better upgrade to it is coming soon. Thanks, Boyd

A Good Fit for Our Ministry

We chose ChurchTeams after a long search and evaluation of multiple Church Management Systems. We wanted a system that was not overly complicated, and that could be used by our leadership team. Church Teams has been a great fit and we are happy with our choice. Here are a few things that we like - Small Group Management is the leading feature for Church Teams. It does a great job integrating into...

Cons

Thanks for this review, Mike. I appreciate your clarity and straight forward assessment. It will benefit everyone who reads it. Thanks Boyd

Great Product for the Cost

We have been using ChurchTeams for a few years now and have seen it continually grow and evolve into a capable solution for full Church Management. When we first started they were lacking a few features that we wanted, but they were what fit into our budget. Since then they have kept the same pricing and released quite a few of the features we have requested. They have also been very responsive when...

Pros

Price, group reporting, customer support, mobile responsive, online giving and registration, adaptable.

Cons

No 3rd party integrations, some tasks require a little work to complete.

Allen, this is a great review! Thanks for taking time to help other churches by giving your input. It's a privilege to serve you guys. Boyd

Churchteams is Well Worth Your Consideration

We have been using Churchteams for several years now. I have had experience with Fellowship One, Planning Center, Church Community Builder, and Churchteams. Out of all of those Churchteams has been by far the easiest to work with. Their customer support is outstanding and they try very hard to understand your issue. A lot of other systems seem to ignore you if you use it the exact way that they build...

Pros

Nearly everything is customizable. Fantastic group/team management. Easy to use reports. Leaders enjoy using it. Outstanding customer service.

Cons

Functionality is great but design could be improved.

Building Teams

We needed to have a means for team directors to communicate to leaders and within the team. Churchteams allows this. We also needed a means for easy access by users and the texting option and emails with Churchteams allows this.

Pros

Communication is key. The texting options, reminder emails and texts, reports to review attendance, volunteer scheduling, and communicating between teams is awesome

Cons

Not necessarily things I like least. Some suggestions are block out dates for volunteer scheduling and having a Calendar built into ChurchTeams for events. Highly recommend ChurchTeams.

Thanks for the review, Nikole. I really appreciate it.

Couldn't be happier, does everything we need and it's super easy to use!

I oversee most of the ministries in our church and churchteams has made managing all of those groups a breeze. Can't imagine going back to a life without this management software!

Pros

Churchteams is very user friendly and intuitive. Great for every aspect of managing groups including sign-ups, attendance, reports, follow-up, scheduling volunteers w/built in reminders and so much more! Very helpful in tracking an individual's involvement and spiritual growth indicators. As an added bonus, we recently began using their online giving feature which is less expensive than our previous provider. It has streamlined our book keeping process and made registering and paying for church events an easy one stop process. All that being said, the Churchteams feature I most appreciate is their support team. Very friendly, knowledgeable people who are super responsive - always get an email or call back within 24 hrs. and usually much sooner.

Cons

Technology and I don't normally get along very well and there have been some instances where I had some difficulty running a report I needed. The nice thing about churchteams, however, is that in the few instances where I've run into that issue, I just contacted support and they ran the report I needed for me and then took the time to explain how I could do it myself the next time. Probably will not be an issue at all for someone who knows their way around a computer.

Thanks Mario! What a great review. I pray it will be helpful to other people reading it. It is a pleasure serving you guys. We appreciate you taking a few moments to do this. Boyd

Best Church Software Out There

I have been in full-time church ministry since 2005 and have gone through 4 different church management systems, trying to find one that's easy to use, cost-effective and still gives me everything I need to track people, their giving, their involvement and engagement. Church Teams has gone above and beyond to understand church ministry like no other product I have worked with. We don't spend hours...

Pros

This product is easy to use, and VERY tailored to work in church ministry. The process of moving from another data management company was easy, and we had the opportunity to customize it to suit our personal needs. Our Staff quickly learned how to navigate within the product, especially getting the information they need from the reports. But, hands-down, the best thing about this company is their customer support. They are quick to respond to any question that you have, even the "dumb" ones. They also listen to what you're trying to do and have created systems and processes based on user feedback. I love this product and the company!

Cons

Even the best can get better. I would like to see a "dashboard" created, so that when I log in, any tasks that have been assigned to me are easy to locate and process.

Hi Amy, Wow, thanks for the encouragement. Your review is so heartfelt and genuine. We love the privilege of serving you guys and pray we can always do it better. In fact, we have had the same conversations about adding a dashboard with tasks (notes) and frequently used reports. We'd love your further thoughts on that though. Thanks, Boyd

Excellent Church Management Software

This management software provides solutions for children's check-in, event registration, communications (email/text), giving, member tracking, member engagement/follow-up. It is very intuitive, and allows for automation.

Pros

I love the ease of use that Churchteams provides. It is an all-in-one software solution for churches, and they are constantly looking to launch new components of their product to improve the user experience without charging extra for each new piece. The customer support is second to none, and usually responds within minutes, not hours. I am so happy we made the switch to Churchteams when we did! They truly understand the needs of a church.

Cons

I wish there was a component to upload music, order of service, etc. so that our worship team can use the product also. That is really the only missing piece.

Thank you, Nikki, for the great review. We do have the worship service planning feature on our development list, but no timeline just yet. It's a pleasure serving you guys!

Best Church Software I've Ever Used

When I first started using ChurchTeams, I was a small group pastor with no assistant or administrative help. When we launched 103 groups that was a lot of data to potential have to input. Considering I wore several hats in our church, it would have been impossible. By sending our group leaders a link to ChurchTeams database, they set up their own groups, populated their rosters, then completely weekly reports online about their group members. It was a life saver. In Group Connection environments where groups leaders meet prospective group members, the mapping feature has been extremely helpful for prospective group members to see which groups are near them. I could go on and on. I have nothing bad to say about this product.

Pros

ChurchTeams has an intuitive interface. It is mobile friendly. The fact that volunteers can access their groups from anywhere is a huge plus. Removes the centralized administrative tasks that most church databases require. It provides both high security and usability. I have used this product since 2004 when it started as a small groups database. Now, ChurchTeams can do everything. The staff is polite and very responsive. You can pick up the phone and call the President of the company if you need to! They are always learning and improving. Always open to suggestions. I highly recommend ChurchTeams. It's affordable, efficient, and safe. As we say in the South: "Dumb if you don't!"

Cons

Thanks Allen. You are too kind. I would just add that you were very helpful in our thinking about refining development back then to better serve small group ministries. Boyd

Good strong company

This is our 7th year with Churchteams & we could not be more satisfied. From the very beginning with set up, it has been remarkably easy to use. All of our group leaders use it, our staff, and our weeklly money counters. There was an immediate night & day difference from the company we used previously to Churchteams. We like the customer support, the fair price, ease in using it for everyone, safe...

Pros

Churchteams' support is incredible! We've always had superior & prompt answers to questions. The founders of the company have been good at making sure our needs are met & we get the full potential that Churchteams has to offer...whether it's hearing directly from them, or the helpful webinars & training videos.

Cons

I honestly cannot come up with one! They have exceeded all of our expectations.

Thank you, Debbie. It is a pleasure co-laboring with you.

Church Teams is a great tool!

Excellent. They are a key member of my team.

Pros

Relatively easy to learn. Group/event registration is easy and very useful for our church. Customer service is the BEST!!! Quick and a live human who speaks english like i do is ready to talk if needed.

Cons

Some features aren't intuitively realized by onscreen options/interface.

I'm really slow on this, Chad, but thanks for doing this review! I really appreciate it.

Great software for mid-size churches

Churchteams is our church database. Its holds all information. All programs are registered using online forms for efficiency and accuracy. Checkin for all days/types of programs are done through it (whether nametags are needed or not). All attendance for all programs can easily be kept. We use it to schedule all volunteers as it is easy to see when their are conflicts or doubke-bookings.

Pros

Very easy to use. It is simple to get started as most of what a church needs to do is ready to go. Has the capabity to manage donations (we do not use this feature) and to do online registration (which we use all the time). Makes checkin to programs seamless and easy. It's very intuitive which makes training easy. Has helpful features like email and texting through the software and texting parents through the checkin system during programs (which is very handy). This software is great for churches or organizations who dont have a dedicated data entry or IT department!

Cons

If you want to do a lot of customizations then this software might not be right for you. The reports can be a bit cumbersome to run and, also, have limited customizations.

Hi Heather, If you need any help on reporting, please let us know. Have you discovered Saved Reports? The new User Interface we are about to release will bring those Saved Reports right to the front for quick access. We appreciate you and are here to help anytime. Thanks, Boyd