DonorPerfect Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.78/10

Reviews by rating

I like the great bio and dashboards too. The processing reports are easy-to-use and very helpful.
Love how organized it is and searching and reports capabilities. Love how quickly I can pull reports.
It is definitely user friendly. They also have a great customer service who is ready to chat and provide solutions for you when you need help.
Bizarrely it didn't feel this was a focus for DonorPerfect, they tout having automatic processes but this wasn't entirely accurate. It was automatic, after you processed or did a few steps.
Reporting can be complicated and difficult even for experienced users. Events management is extremely difficult and complicated, and lacking a lot of features.
The Change of Address (COA) feature that is an add-on completely messed up our database.

TB

Terri B.

Director of Development

Best Value for the Money

Transcript

Terry: Hi, I'm Terry I'm the director of development. I would give DonorPerfect Five out of five stars....

RK

Rob K.

COO

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Very Professional. Best all-around!

Transcript

Rob K.: Hi, my name is Rob. I am the director of development for a non-profit. I give DonorPerfect Fundraising...

MH

Mike H.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Donor Perfect

We are still learning the data migration has been problematic. the training and support has been very good.

Pros

Importing integration with QuickBooks, Cost, Able to include Canada and US bank accounts and donations from both countries.

Cons

Implementation has been very difficult and time consuming. With many data migration errors.

Hi Mike, Thanks for taking the time to review DonorPerfect. We apologize that you experienced issues during your data migration and I would like to be sure your issues have been resolved. As part of the client relation team please reach out to me if you would like to discuss your experience. Matthew clientrelations@donorperfect.com

MM

Michelle M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Recently Left DP and Having Regrets!

There is a lot to like about Donor Perfect. With customization, you can do anything and everything fundraising-related with their platform. For larger teams and organizations that bring in hundreds or thousands of donors, it would be helpful to have both a database administrator and a data entry clerk/specialist in order to keep data clean and use the platform to its full potential.

Pros

Donor Perfect is probably the best option for the cost. It has great features and fantastic custom reporting options, top of the line integrations, and they are continually rolling out improvements. Their customer support is also very helpful and accessible if you have the upgraded support package. Now that we've left the platform, we also realize how beneficial their system of organization is, with the capacity to harbor different reports, queries, and filters in folders for different users and/or use cases.

Cons

For very basic operations, it is easy to learn Donor Perfect. For more complex operations, it can be confusing and hard to adopt. We did not find the platform to be intuitive for new team members, and the user interface is clunky and outdated. We also did not like the payment processor nor the reporting options that it offered.

KI

Krunoslav I.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 10,001+ employees

Review by kivandic

It is good, fast, reliable, easy to maintain and regional customize. Easy to add fields, calculations, or maintain. Really good multipurpose tool. I enjoy working with DPO every day.

Pros

Segmentation is most important feature. This let us easily segment all specific sets that we need. Second, reporting on dashboard is very useful tool to monitor results.

Cons

Personally, I would like to have possibility to have our regional ZIP code list, like we have in DPW. Also, it would be nice to have some table that when we need some sets, we can join some tables with reports, or maintenance data little bit easier. Like small SQL editor.

KM

Kelly M.

Great Donor Management

Pros

We have previously worked with two other donor management systems and neither were as user friendly as Donor Perfect. We love how easy it is to navigate through the site. We feel like we get an incredible value for what we pay.

Cons

Just like any new site, it can be a little overwhelming when you first start out. There are so many features that we don't even use, so that can be a little much. I am still trying to find out info about some areas I do not understand.

Thank you for the great review of DonorPerfect, Kelly. I love your Review Title, " Great Donor Management"! Best, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

RA

Robert A.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Great product, not so great communication

We like the software but have not been pleased with the company communication, particularly surrounding features an billing issues.

Pros

The interface is easy to use and intuitive. The reporting features are robust. Added options allow you to take online contributions with automatic download, which is very useful.

Cons

There's little we dislike. We have noticed that the communication from the company is lacking. For example, plans, pricing and features change without any communication. We paid for a year of the separate auction software just two months prior to renewal of our plan, only to find out that our plan now included the auction software. The company refused to credit us the 10 months. We will look at other options as a result. Had we known plans and service options had changed, we'd have waited. They just don't communicate.

Thank you Robert for taking your time to complete a review on DonorPerfect. I am thrilled to hear you're finding the interface easy to use and intuitive, I have reviewed your account and see that you and your sales account manager are working through your concerns about the pricing. If you ever have questions or concerns about your system or service please contact the Client Relations Specialists at (800) 220-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Melanie C.

Excellent Donor Management for Mid-Size Nonprofits

DonorPerfect has served my mid-size nonprofit for many years. It is a great way to track volunteers, members, and donors of all sizes. You can track donations, visits, and personal information for each vendor. There is also a lot of customization options for specific requirements your nonprofit might need. Overall, we've been very happy with the flexibility and functionality of DonorPerfect for our donor management needs.

Pros

DonorPerfect offers a lot of flexibility for mid-size nonprofits. It is a strong donor system that can be specialized for specific needs a non-profit might be facing. Also, our organization has used DonorPerfect for many years, so we've been able to grow with it, and have historic data that allows us to understand long-term donor trends.

Cons

Reports are fairly complicated and require some training to use well. Fortunately, customer service is very responsive in helping staff figure out new report requirements.

Melanie, Thank you for the wonderful review. I love your review title, : Excellent Donor Management". There are many wonderful features in DonorPerfect and I am thrilled to hear you are using so many of them. The support team is always happy to help with any questions our users may have when using DonorPerfect. Thank you for being a valued client . Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

KB

Kristina B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

We love Donor Perfect!

We love how we are able to really track our donors and their contributions and customize areas of Donor Perfect for our needs. The reports we generate always look great printed and are so clear and concise. And very importantly, the customer service has been so helpful every single time I've had to call them. The customer service/support is hands down the best I have dealt with. Keep up all the great service!! It is much appreciated!

Pros

This software is perfect for our non-profit. The ease of use and abilities to generate all kinds of reports is so helpful. We are constantly learning new things that we can do. To date, we are very happy with all of the updates. The new Donor screen that shows how long they have been a donor is a great addition. The receipting function and filters have been so useful and we use it every month for letters and emails. And the reports that we can pull are great as well and look nice printed too.

Cons

At this moment, I honestly can't think of an area that is proving bothersome to us.

Kristina, I am so glad you love DonorPerfect and find it easy to use! Also, ecstatic to read your comment about the support team. I agree with you that they are hands down the best out there! Thank you for the awesome review! :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

SM

Sharlette M.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Donor Perfect Improvements

My experience has been great. If I have any issues then customer service or the knowledge base is there to help.

Pros

Donor Perfect does a great job at improving software features that I need and didn't know that I needed. I appreciate that they are constantly listening to users and implementing features that can make our lives easier.

Cons

I wish there was a feature to stop duplicate names from forming from donor entered donations. For example, if you enter your name as "Beyonce Knowles" and there is already a donor name "Beyonce Knowles Carter and Sean Carter" then I want donors to select the already existing name instead of creating a new donor.

TB

Terri B.

Best Value for the Money

It is an effective system for managing our donor data base. It is crucial for our mailings and reporting. I need to dedicate more time to maximizing the potential of what we can accomplish with DonorPerfect.

Pros

I have been with at my current job for almost 11 years and have used DonorPerfect the entire time. I have looked into other options at my boss' request, but have not been able to justify a change - I could never see how the other options brought enough added value for the additional cost. DonorPerfect is very reasonably priced for all the options that are available - and there are a lot. I am comfortable with the security of my data and customer service has been very responsive any time that I have reached out.

Cons

For me, the processes sometimes feel complicated. But this is more on me than DonorPerfect. I am a one woman shop and it's hard to find the time to dedicate to really exploring all that this platform has to offer. I feel like I have only scratched the surface regarding the possibilities.

Terri, I love to hear that you have been using DonorPerfect for almost 11 years and find such great value in the system. Thank you for your continued business. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

MG

Meriam G.

Philanthropy, 1-10 employees

All in one solution - love it!

The software is excellent, but almost more than that, the customer service is Platinum-level. I have been supported in every way imaginable throughout the installation, through their excellent Knowledgebase, and when we're really stuck on something (which doesn't happen often), we've paid for the top level of support, which is amazing. Worth every penny for this small nonprofit.

Pros

I love that DP integrates with Constant Contact and with QuickBooks. I particularly like the ease of use - anyone I've ever hired can sit down, and with minimal direction, can be entering data and pulling reports within a short period of time. The reporting features are very strong. We use the WebLinkPro option - I highly recommend taking advantage of this functionality.

Cons

I do wish the event module was more built out. I can't pull a lot of reports out of it directly, so I've figured out workarounds. All in all, though, it's still a very helpful feature.

Hi Meriam, I am thrilled to hear how much you are enjoying using DonorPerfect. It makes my day to hear that new hires can use the product easily and quickly. Constant Contact and QuickBooks are two of our popular integrations. We also partner with other software companies to deliver a complete system including more selections for events management. Ellen from SofterWare

AB

Andrea B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

More opportunities for growth w/DonorPerfect!

The ability to solicit and manage monthly donors and crowdsource has been a huge benefit of DP. All the reporting options have been great!

Pros

Online giving/ crowd sourcing. Lots of integration options like Constant Contact and QuickBooks The DP team is always making improvements.

Cons

Having to pay extra for certain features/integrations Automating tasks could be easier and more abundant

JH

Jeff H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Langs' Positive Experience with DonorPerfect

Much of my stress comes from having to learn new software and I am not a fan of having to research processes and then trying to understand them. I don't have a lot of time to read manuals. However, the DonorPerfect support team has been making my ongoing learning a smooth process by being available every step of the way and often at a moment's notice

Pros

We recently set up a variety of online forms to capture donations and were well guided through the process by DP staff. Without a doubt, the forms helped capture many donations we would have otherwise lost - including donations made after online donating instructions were sent in a large direct mail campaign. Our only regret is not implementing the feature sooner.

Cons

Financial reports requested by our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are not available . She has to complete manual calculations for credit card fees and this can take a considerable amount of time during peak donation periods.

MS

Michael S.

Highly Recommended for Taking Your Organization's Fundraising to the Next Level

I highly recommend Donor Perfect Online. It was exactly what we needed. I am an advanced user, so I think I found it easier to implement than others might find, but once you get your staff trained on, it is an extremely powerful constituent management tool. Tracking a large group of people can be difficult if you are relying on a couple of spreadsheets, an access database, and Constant Contact. With DPO, this all gets wrapped into one powerful, flexible, and customizable system.

Pros

Donor Perfect Online was a great solution to address some issues we were dealing with this time last year. Our base of donors has been growing for the past five years and the software we had been using was becoming more and more difficult to handle our needs. Here are some of the top selling points: *Integration of Event management *Integration with Quickbooks *Totally customizable on many levels, including mail merge, tracking codes, and reports *Integration with Constant Contact *Web donation pages *Credit card processing *Smart Actions (automatic prompts by email, popups and the like to remember to make calls) *Contact record keeping *Grant management *Powerful receipt-creation (including email w/PDFs) *Knowledgebase/online community & forum *Ipad app

Cons

Fairly steep learning curve. It's a powerful system, so learning the ins and outs of exporting lists and developing MS Word templates can be daunting (we posted some in the KB for others to use). Fortunately we have full support, so answers to questions are usually just a phone call away. Also, I could have used a bit more support as we were creating online templates for various web pages (Network...

CD

Cassandra D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Perfect for small foundations with tech savvy employees

Pros

We chose this software after doing research of several CRMs. In the past we has been using spreadsheets only. We love that the software is customizable for our organization and that the support team is always willing to help and take feedback. The most useful thing so far has been online forms, which we have set up to send automatic thank you emails with tax deductible information. This allows faster follow up with constituents and has reduced the amount of work on our funds manager.

Cons

It is pretty heavily dependent on coding and understanding a CRM or database. It’s a little cumbersome on the backend but someone with some tech savvy could do it. They are constantly improving.

Hi, Cassandra, DP is way better than Excel, that is a true statement! And the secure process from collecting donations from your own online form to banking the money and updating donor records in DP, to donor thank you is the single most time-saving process in DP. Fair point about dependency on back-end coding - if DP was more canned, it would be easier but not as flexible. We're trying to get the balance right, and customer feedback is how we set a good path. I'm also going to send you a cool resource for Event planners that you might like. You can reach the Client Relations team by email or phone: clientrelations@softerware.com and toll-free: 800-220-3537. Susan Guggenheim, Client Relations Specialist at SofterWare

JA

John A.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Complete excellence with product and personnel

I highly recommend DonorPerfect Online as a mission-critical application we could not operate without. It's a great value for what we get.

Pros

DonorPerfect Online is a robust, scalable, flexible, and very stable application, and continues to be improved over time. It does everything we need and quite a bit more. It allows us to rapidly deploy customized donation portals. Up time is nearly 100%. Support personnel are prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable.

Cons

As with any web-based product (versus a native app), certain functions are a bit more limited, such as being unable to sort report columns by clicking on them. Not a huge deal, just a few minor annoyances as with any product.

John - so glad you would recommend DonorPerfect as a mission critical application that creates great value and one that you can't live without. The ability to take in donations using the OnLine Forms, is helping many non-profit organizations to grow their donor base. I will make sure to pass on your praise to the Support Team, thank you. Please contact either Support or your Client Relations Specialist with details about the sort feature you would like to see added to DonorPerfect. Many of the systems features come from our clients ideas that have been entered into Suggest and Vote.

Lori Q.

DonorPerfect Software is my Favorite

Donor database and tax reporting for a large volume and diverse systemic need. Reconciling accounts for different GL needs is a breeze. Customer service support as been the very best I have ever experienced.

Pros

The customer service is promptly available and is always knowledgeable and friendly. We have had much success with the Madrid of options available for services and reports. There is always training webinars available and new helpful services coming out. The web-forms are so easy and efficient for online donors to purchase tickets or make donations. The credit card processing works seamlessly with the information downloads.

Cons

The reports can be very tricky to pull up, however, there is intricate detail that can be obtained, so perhaps that's why.

Lori, Thank you for the wonderful review! Our company works very hard to meet the needs of our clients. It is a plus that the reporting feature allows for simple to sophisticated reporting. The integration of the Online forms/Processing Gateway/DonorPerfect makes the system seamless and is a big time saver! We have many partners that also integrate with the system, check them out at dpconnect - https://connect.donorperfect.com/. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

LR

LANCE R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Best Product for the Money!

Pros

The key difference making DP stand above the crowd is its customer support. The DP support team is responsive, make it easy for the end user to solve problems and accomplish our report goals, and provide numerous ways to get answers quickly to questions.

Cons

Can't think of anything that stands out.

SM

Stacie M.

Does Everything but Sing and Dance

Do to is complexity, it can be frustrating to use. However, if you invest some time initially or over a span of time to learn the program and watch their videos and webinars, then the program can do amazing things.

Pros

This software has everything. You can track donors, organize and plan fundraising, do mailings, etc. The last 2 non-profit organizations I worked for used this program (still do) and it is extremely helpful in all essential tasks of donors, fundraising, donation tracking, etc. They have many instructive videos and webinars to use the program. Their fees are comparative and competitive with other similar programs, on the ones I have compared to Donor Perfect, which is why we went with them.

Cons

It is complex! They do have many instructive videos and classes, but it takes a lot of time to learn how to use it completely to get everything out of it you can. Their customer service is good, with fairly quick response and guidance.

Stacie, Thank you for the great review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to hear that DonorPerfect has been extremely helpful in completing your work each day. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

LB

Lori B.

Love this Product

I have used DonorPerfect for many years and appreciate the updates and upgrades they offer in order to stay current. They take customer feedback seriously in order to provide what the user is looking for.

Pros

The product is user friendly and easy to learn. The knowledgebase is well-written and extremely helpful. The customer service team is very helpful and cares about helping the customer.

Cons

It takes me a bit of time to use the import feature so I am hesitant to use it. It's my issue, but worth noting.

KM

Kathleen M.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Fundraising Review

The system is easy to use and has provided the reports easily for financials. It has been helpful keeping track of donations and contacting them easily. It is also very simple to update a donors card for there donation.

Pros

I like that a Donor Perfect representative is always ready to answer any questions through there call in support center.

Cons

It would be helpful if donors would be able to login and change simple things like address or amount they donate.

Kathleen, Your feedback is truly invaluable to us, and we appreciate the time you took to provide it. There is a whole team here waiting to help with your success, and only a phone call away! The suggestion to have a donor portal where your donors can update their own information, is listed in Suggest & Vote within DPCommunity. If you don't know what Suggest and Vote is, it's a place...

CJ

Caroline J.

Donor Perfect is Perfect for Non-Profits

We love the customer service and the ease of use.

Pros

The software is east to use and allows you to generate financial reports in a flash! It is also very easy to add your own custom fields.

Cons

I wish the Auction software that integrates with Donor Perfect was better equipped for events. We were sold on using it as an included package and had to stay with OneCause, which costs us extra money. OneCause is a better fundraising event partner for online auctions.

MO

Mary O.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Great CRM

Great for aiding outreach and cultivating donors.

Pros

I've used DonorPerfect for over 4 years and it's a great CRM for nonprofits. It's simple to use, but it's still good to have some database knowledge prior to delving in. If you don't have prior experience, their knowledgebase/help center is a great place to start. Would recommend for other nonprofits.

Cons

I prefer to make my own reports rather than use the pre-made reports.

AM

Ann M.

Philanthropy, 1-10 employees

User Friendly!

NA

Pros

The system is user friendly, especially for someone who is not technically savvy. The online and over the phone support is easily understandable and always helpful. The staff are kind, considerate and have a great deal of patience. The customer service is excellent. I have purchased/recommended this system to three other organizations over the years. All have been more than satisfied with the product.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about the system.

NL

Nicole L.

Donor Perfect

Going from no software to DP has been a great experience. The training is well worth the money as is phone support. For what this organization needs it fits its needs.

Pros

I love the online platform and that you have the ability to customize it for your organization. We are able to segment our donors by what events they have attended if they have responded to appeals and their membership level.

Cons

DP uses the term "donor" for what in the industry we call constituents. This can be frustrating as they are not using best practice industry terms. It also needs more build-out to connect the relationships between "donors" as this information is crucial to the work we do.

Nicole, I am glad to hear you love DonorPerfect and are customizing your system to fit your needs. In the system, Constituents are Individuals or Organizations that have not given a gift. Once a gift is received they are referred to as Donors. As a Client Relations Specialist, I want to make sure you have all the resources to make you successful using the system. If I can be of assistance please call the Client Relations Team at (800) 220-8080. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

ES

Emily S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

DonorPerfect lets us stay focused on our mission and message!

With DonorPerfect software, we are able to track giving trends and understand our donors and their patterns well, and manage thank yous, accounting, and communications to donors from one platform. We love it. We also love that DonorPerfect rewards customer loyalty--our organization started using this product before it was online!

Pros

DonorPerfect is an excellent database for donors from foundations to individuals. We love that DonorPerfect keeps adding tools and options for things like peer-to-peer fundraising, text-to-give and forms that make this an all-in-one tool to help us continue our work in service to the community and stay connected with donors and volunteers in a meaningful, timely way. The webinars are also great!

Cons

I just need to spend more time learning to build custom reports!

Emily, I am glad to hear that DonorPerfect has been a great tool in helping House of Mercy stay focused on your mission and message . I love the positive feedback on our newer features added to the system. Thank you for being a Loyal Customer. Your continued business is very important to us here at SofterWare. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist