DonorPerfect Reviews

Pros

This is really good software that has strengthened our Donor Relations work. It's a very solid piece of software.

Joe G.

I really like that user friendly, easy to use and streamlined from one the beginning to the end. I like how easy it is to navigate and implement the whole software to our small organization.

Hillary P.

If you set-up your system with having in mind the information you will like to pull in reports, then you will love the reporting as much as I do. The reports are very easy to create and understand.

Joshua T.

Cons

Bizarrely it didn't feel this was a focus for DonorPerfect, they tout having automatic processes but this wasn't entirely accurate. It was automatic, after you processed or did a few steps.

Megan B.

The Change of Address (COA) feature that is an add-on completely messed up our database.

Beth T.

Best Value for the Money

Transcript

Terry: Hi, I'm Terry I'm the director of development. I would give DonorPerfect Five out of five stars....

Very Professional. Best all-around!

Transcript

Rob K.: Hi, my name is Rob. I am the director of development for a non-profit. I give DonorPerfect Fundraising...

DonorPerfect for the Smaller Non-Profit

I highly, highly recommend, DonorPerfect, and am currently attempting to have my present employer switch to it from a far less intuitive donor database. I honestly cannot sing the praises of DonorPerfect enough. It is a donor database designed by fundraisers, who continuously accept input from other fundraisers.

Pros

There is so much to love about DonorPerfect. After 10 years in professional fundraising, working with everything from the most-known donor database to numerous smaller ones, DonorPerfect really is perfect. It's extremely intuitive, and extremely customisable. During my training, I was actually jumping ahead of my trainer, and ended up not using a full two hours of the training DonorPerfect provides. Furthermore, I was able to quickly and easily train others on how to use the database.

Cons

There was one quirk around using Tab, where it would skip a field near the top of the main Constituent page, then jump back up to it. I never did figure out how to work around that issue.

Thank you Brett for the awesome review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to hear how easy you found the system to learn. The Technical Support Department is available to assist with any questions you may have when working in the system. Please reach out to them about they issue you are experiencing when using the Tab key. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Look no farther! If you've found Donor Perfect just take it for a test drive and then buy!

We are a small non profit that has a huge database. The ease with which we can utilize the same records in one office in the USA and a second office overseas is incredible.

Pros

I love every feature Donor Perfect has to offer! They make it so easy to run and manage over 30,000 records with ease. All databases cost something, it was a hard adjustment to make paying the monthly fee, however, I found that it was my most worthwhile and least expensive employee. Paying for Donor Perfect solved so many problems and made every employee's job so much easier. We didn't know what we were missing until we tried Donor Perfect.

Cons

I can't think of one thing that I really dislike about Donor Perfect. The email feature is a little weak, but we knew that going in, and there are work arounds. It works!

Frustrated with a few main features.

Pros

The integration with Constant Contact allows us to see whether a person is opening our emails (and create calculated fields based on their engagement) without having to log into Constant Contact. And we can still take advantage of Const Contact's good reputation, style templates and easy user interface. I like that I can set up monthly donations within our system and the credit card data is stored there (securely). There is a lot of flexibility in what you can do. The downside to this is the more you customize/deviate from the standard "donor only tracking" the less the built in reports will help you.

Cons

You can not find, sort, view and edit a subset of records within the database. We end up exporting most of our reports to excel, which is very counter-intuitive, takes more time and often ends up resulting in a lot more work as people edit the excel spreadsheet which then must be re-imported. The lack of this functionality is causing us to look around at other software. It does not have a good...

Donor Perfect Review

Pros

Donor Perfect is extremely user friendly. Anyone can do basic functions like looking up a donor or adding a contact. This makes it a valuable tool for development departments.

Cons

While, Donor Perfect has come a long way in the last few years, the reporting functions still are not as strong as Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge. Also, my pet peeve is you are unable to copy a gift (which is annoying when you receive the same allocations monthly).

Easy to Use and Get Up to Speed Quickly

Our first year has gone extremely well. Everyone was able to get up to speed quickly. Even pitching in to help with gift entry during the busy season with little to no experience was easy. I wish there was more customization available with reporting or even some ways to build more complex filters. We may purchase Smart Analytics to move into a deeper dive with our data.

Pros

DonorPerfect is easy on the eyes. The large font makes data entry and reviewing records very easy, which is important when you are in the database most of the day. The program is pretty intuitive and very easy to navigate. Trainings are important and for the most part, very good. I like being able to run a report and click on a name or gift in the report and go directly to the donor record to gather further information.

Cons

The product's "Knowledgebase" feature is lacking. The glossary of terms in almost empty. It's difficult to find resources to solve problems or just to look up a "how to". Chat support is very helpful when you get the right person. Most are patient and very informative. As far as customization - the main complaint I have is that we have to use DP's criteria for lapsed and active donors. DP has some wonderful packaged reports, but they are useless for us because our definitions of lapsed, lost or recaptured are different. They also do not capture soft credit information on these packaged reports.

DonorPerfect is the ONLY fundraising system I will use!

I LOVE this program and will not use any other donor management system. It has everything I need and more.

Pros

This software is sooo user friendly. You can use it almost without any training. I have purchased this program at least 4 times... at every charity I worked at. An addition bonus is that Constant Contact is included with the software FREE!

Cons

The only issue I would say is that a few of the reports that I need every year for the Accountant are not canned reports.

More opportunities for growth w/DonorPerfect!

The ability to solicit and manage monthly donors and crowdsource has been a huge benefit of DP. All the reporting options have been great!

Pros

Online giving/ crowd sourcing. Lots of integration options like Constant Contact and QuickBooks The DP team is always making improvements.

Cons

Having to pay extra for certain features/integrations Automating tasks could be easier and more abundant

Love this Product

I have used DonorPerfect for many years and appreciate the updates and upgrades they offer in order to stay current. They take customer feedback seriously in order to provide what the user is looking for.

Pros

The product is user friendly and easy to learn. The knowledgebase is well-written and extremely helpful. The customer service team is very helpful and cares about helping the customer.

Cons

It takes me a bit of time to use the import feature so I am hesitant to use it. It's my issue, but worth noting.

Love the customer service!

Customer service at DP is AMAZING INCREDIBLE and WONDERFUL!! They are always helpful, friendly, patient, and really help me do what I need to do. I am very appreciative of it.

Pros

Love how organized it is and searching and reports capabilities. Love how quickly I can pull reports.

Cons

The fact that DP creates duplicates so easily is very very bad!!! It wastes a lot of my time to de-duplicate records. If there is a way to fix that, it would be very helpful. That is a really poor part of the design.

Good Foundation, Could Use More on the Development Side

I like DonorPerfect and I'm glad we decided to go with them last year. We are going to review the price and time efficiency as we near the renewal date to see if we will continue. So far it's still better than using nothing, which is where we were before.

Pros

*Excellent training and onboarding phase *Large library of reports *"Voting" feature in the knowledge base *Lightening-fast support, even on the Payment Processing Gateway side. EXCELLENT service on the Gateway!

Cons

*Entirely too much clicking for people who know data entry *Seemingly standard features on any webform like "select all" or "clear all" are not available *Customers required to go into settings to modify defaults that should automatically be default if the developers consider people who do data entry. Example I'm thinking of is the use of the "TAB" key on the keyboard. It should logically go from first name to last name, to address, etc. It didn't so I had to place a ticket to change it in the settings. There could stand to be more thought on the development side, possibly pull in more people who are users and let them test-drive and give feedback before releasing it.

Your life is easier at work with Donor Perfect

I have enjoyed it very much so far. It requires training, but it becomes a handy resource that helps you do your job once you understand it. Sometimes with only a couple of clicks and you will get all the information you need. It has also been vital when submitting reports for auditing and partial/annual reports. It makes my life easier at work. I wouldn't no like to imagine doing all of the work without it. I haven't found time to explore more, for instance, digging about the merchant the system uses for credit cards and debits, the fees per transaction, and if it can be used in different countries beyond the US. It also means that I am not using it at its full capacity.

Pros

DP is a system that provides a wide variety of functions and characteristics that will help any fundraiser or donor coordinator to complement their work. In addition, it is a helpful resource for any organization managing campaigns year per year and tracks and understands how well the organization is doing. In my work, managing different campaigns and using the correct filters to download reports are vital. I've found the default reports in the system very useful, especially those related to metrics (e.g. AFP). It also has provided me with the opportunity to create new ones according to our needs. We are a complex organization, and if I didn't have these tools at hand, I would have to spend many, many hours to complete a job.

Cons

Sometimes I find challenging to find information as I need to look for it with specific terms.

Happy with DonorPerfect

Overall, it's been much easier to segment our donors and personalize their experience. We feel much more confident using DP than our previous software, because it's easier to pull reports, etc.

Pros

Setting up DP was very easy and we were able to customize several field. The ability "globally update" has proven to be a very useful tool. We like the ability to customize our pages to suit our needs.

Cons

Some of the add-ons are too expensive for our organization to purchase, however, we can see how those tools would be useful, so it's a bit frustrating.

A good decent fundraising software

Overall, DonorPerfect is a perfectly acceptable fundraising CRM database. My agency used it for over 10 years but we have recently transitioned to a new database (and having all new problems there). When we were smaller and didn't require so much data management this was a wonderful database. But now that we have so many constituents, we track donors, volunteers, inkind donors, customers, memberships...

Pros

DonorPerfect has some good capabilities and is highly customizable. The software does a good job of tracking donors and volunteers and a decent job of tracking memberships. It has all of the money (gifts, memberships, in kind donations, soft credits, etc. in one screen that is helpful). It links accounts well. The SofterWare (payment processor) was fair, easy to use and do refunds, and was able...

Cons

Our biggest con was reporting. We could run the same report (two different users) and not always get the same results. Each report was off by a few constituents. We left DonorPerfect because of this. When we did our data migration reports there were several constituents that were left off and we had to go back to our new system and manually put them in from DonorPerfect. It was the ultimate reminder...

Ideal CRM for Mid-Size Nonprofits

DonorPerfect offers everything we need in a CRM database. The phone app, while not offering everything you get from the full site, is more than sufficient for plugging in to get information on the go.

Pros

Donor Perfect is very user-friendly. The Quickbooks integration is vital. Constant Contact integration is a feature we never knew we needed.

Cons

There are some limitations in reporting that can usually be worked around in some way, but can feel like you're coding more than running reports. That area is less user-friendly for our older employees.

Great option for small non profits that want it all!

Overall, I highly recommend Donor Perfect. It's a great system if you want a robust CRM with fundraising capabilities. I thas a lot of the same functionality you would see in larger systems like Razor's Edge, but for a significantly more affordable price point. As someone who helped implement the system, uses it daily as an administrator and user, this is a great system. We have previously used Sage Fundraising 50 and Abila Elevate, so this is a huge step up for us without breaking the bank.

Pros

Donor Perfect has a lot of pros! It's a cloud-based platform so you can access it anywhere, even from your mobile device. There are a lot of add on features available, including ReadySetAuction and Constant Contact so that you can manage events and communications within one system. You have the ability to set up your own giving pages for various events, scholarships, or specific giving appeals (such...

Cons

The system can be overwhelming for new users, especially if you don't have the paid support feature or the time to dig through their help pages. There are a lot of add on features, but they all come with a price. It can be pretty expensive for small nonprofits that only have a handful of employees or one or two people that are using the system. Reporting can be complicated and difficult even for experienced users. Events management is extremely difficult and complicated, and lacking a lot of features. We do not use it for events management as a result.

Thank you for the great review! I am glad to hear that you would recommend the system. :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Support is Donor Perfect's Hidden Gem

Its been terrific to have all our constituents' contact information in one place, no matter how they became connected with AutismUp. I used to spend days collecting info from various people and files in order to build a mailing list. Now it takes less than 10 minutes to export a mailing list. And its already de-duped because I've used the Duplication Removal feature in Donor Perfect. Having the ability to find (report on) lapsed donors, compare fundraising results from year to year for annual events, and create flags and fields to make any kind of grouping we want is critical, but very difficult and error prone with excel spreadsheets - they way we used to do it. Donor Perfect makes it easy!

Pros

Tech Support is fantastic! Always friendly, helpful, knowledgable. They encourage you to call with any questions, not just problems. The training videos, knowledgebase articles and online community are great for learning, but when you need an answer fast, or can't find the right search term for the knowledgebase, Support will help you learn how to accomplish what you want to do. You can reach them via phone, chat, or email.

Cons

We would love to be able to use DonorPerfect for tasks beyond donor management - for all of our program and event registrations and payments, but need more flexibility in online forms to make that practical.

Sue, Thank you for the great review. I couldn't agree with you more than the Technical Support team is Fantastic. They are always happy to help. Please reach out to the Client Relations Team for questions about other features and add ons for the system. The CRS team can be reached at (800) 200-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

The perfect software for us

Your software provides great insight on donor activity. The reporting makes it easier for me to share with the board our fundraising successes and even areas where we need to focus more efforts.

Pros

DonorPerfect provides for all your donor management needs, at a good a price. I have purchased this software for several of the organizations I have worked for and recommended it to many others I have consulted with over the years. It's easy to use and the company has always been open for client input to help better the product.

Cons

The only concern that I have ... and this is more about me than DonorPerfect .. is that I need to take more tutorials on running some of the more sophisticated reporting options. I can have 99% of my needs met with the standardized reports but every so often I need something a bit more custom. You have great tutorials, I just haven't found the time to go through them ... yet!

Kelly, Thank you for the awesome review of DonorPerfect. I am thrilled to read that it is the perfect software for your organization. I love that you continue to recommend DonorPerfect. Its an honor to have such loyal customers like you. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Great program for donor receipting

I really like the support for this software. They are very responsive when you have a problem and they have a lot of information online so you can look up your own answers and when you want to "dive in" really deep in understanding the program. If you just need to look up how to export information, you can look that up online and follow step by step. You can also customize your export of information so if you only want a name and address, you can get it in the form you want (either in excel or word). You can also add any field to that export that you desire.

Pros

I like that I can add fields on the fly and be able to report on those fields. This is great for tracking anything you want to track with your donors. I love that I can have a multitude of thank you letters ready to merge at the same time. I've worked in software that only allowed a few letters. This way, a thank you letter with receipt at the bottom to a specific campaign can come out in the same...

Cons

The first time through running year-end summaries for our donors took a bit of a learning curve to set it up the way we wanted it to display but support was very helpful when I "got stuck". In the few years I've been working in the program, that process has improved.

Janette, I love to read that you are taking advantage of so many of the features offered in the system. Receipting Donors quickly is important to keep your Donors loyalty and DonorPerfect has perfected the process! Like you mentioned. a multitude of thank you letters can be created and ready to merge at the same time. Thank you for the great review! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Donor Perfect Review

I don't think we did a great job of tracking donor retention rates or lapsed donors before. Now with DP we are easily able to run the reports and be more proactive with those individuals.

Pros

I like that it is incredibly user friendly and easy to learn. It's incredibly helpful when volunteers are helping or new people come on board. I also love the ease of pulling reports. They have so many prebuilt reports to chose from by I can also quickly and easily create my own and even better I can edit it if I don't get it right the first time. I'm constantly learning new tricks and tools as I gain...

Cons

It's never that I don't like the system but more than I have to learn how to get it to do what I need. My brain thinks it should work one way but they have the system programmed to operate another. It's more just spending time in the system and learning all the different ways it works and can work for you. One thing that drives me out is when it logs me out. If I've been out of the program for a little...

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to read you are enjoying using the system and all the different ways it has benefited your organization. The support team is always happy to help and I am glad to read about your wonderful experience when speaking the support team. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Awesome Support Staff

There are several features that are very useful to our organization but I would say that one of the most helpful is the ability to compare giving levels over a multi-year period. Another feature that we used for the first time last year was the Event Manager feature to track expenses, income, attendees and overall profit for our annual fundraising gala. That made reporting a breeze. In the past we tracked this information through a spreadsheet with quite complicated formulae. With DP Event Manager all we had do was plug in the information.

Pros

Our organization has been using DonorPerfect for about 15 years. It is generally user-friendly and serves our needs well. We converted from the desktop model to the online model about three years ago and had a very good experience with the conversion. We have the Premium level of support and the staff are always knowledgeable and have, without exception, been able to help me with any problem I have encountered.

Cons

One issue I have with this software is when I need to send a notification to a recipient for a donation made in memory/honor of them or a loved one. At the present time, there is not the ability to create an instant merge. The process to create the notification is cumbersome and the steps are not easy to remember for staff members.

Michelle, Thank you for the Awesome Review. Our Support Staff is knowledgeable and happy to help! I am glad to read how Events Management has made keeping track of data and reporting on your event easy. Many features you see in DonorPerfect come from Suggest and Vote. I would be happy to speak to you about your suggestion for notifications. I can be reached at (800) 220-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Look no further than DonorPerfect!

Overall, I can't imagine another fundraising software being any better than DonorPerfect. The donor records management and reporting functions are very user-friendly and the logical manner by which they are organized and laid out on the website are big time-savers. DonorPerfect is a huge asset to our development team!

Pros

DonorPerfect is perfect for all my organization's software and database needs relating to fundraising. My absolute favorite thing about DonorPerfect is the excellent customer service I receive each and every time I reach out. I am sometimes asked to provide data that I'm not sure how to obtain in a time-effective manner. It literally takes a quick phone call or even an online chat session with a DonorPerfect...

Cons

I can honestly say I have not had any negative experiences with DonorPerfect. There are tiny things such as the scope of searching records that I might like to see changed, but at the end of the day, they're not really consequential. (Example: If an individual record is entered as John H. Smith, but I search for that record with the terms "John Smith", the record I'm looking for may not pop up. Broadening the search to "Smith" however, would allow me to find the record.)

Amy, I am thrilled to read about the value you are finding in using DonorPerfect! You made my day with the title of the review : Look no further than DonorPerfect!. I am delighted to hear you think the system is user friendly, and agree that our Support Team is outstanding! Thank you for the amazing review. Regards, Ellen Molon,Client Relations Specialist

Perfect for small organizations with few staff and minimal amount of active donors.

I have set up a number of non-profits with Donor Perfect. It is a great program for non-profits, particularly those with minimal funds, small staff, and new fundraisers. I have worked with organizations that fit every part of the spectrum. My current organization benefits from the data that I am able to retrieve about individuals, gifts, history... There are so many advantages to building relationships but also the ability to have data and notes that is easily retrieved and instrumental in the smooth transition of development staff attrition.

Pros

The cost is the most attractive part of Donor Perfect. For small organizations needing a database to get prospects and current donor information in one place for importing and exporting, this program is ideal. Having something inexpensive and yet widely used in our community of nonprofits, had definite advantages. There are many features of large software organizations that makes it a great deal and the add-ons are reasonable once your organization is able to take the next step.

Cons

Troubleshooting seems to be a challenge at times. Some areas you can "hover" over and figure out what the feature is or data that is expected to go in or how to use it - but it is not always clear. Unfortunately, nonprofit database information is not unique and from one software to the next, there is a learning curve for where you put what.

Thank you Kristina for taking the time to review DonorPerfect. The system is designed to be flexible for non profits of all size and can be customized to an organization's needs. As you mentioned, there is a learning curve when using a new system, we have you covered with a phenomenal support department, webinars, and training department. I am glad to hear you are finding the advanced reporting system and notes section in the donors records instrumental to your organization's success. Fundraising is all about relationships and DonorPerfect is a major component in helping organizations reach their fundraising goals. There is a Community Site meant to connect users near and far. DonorPerfect was in the NTEN Report for offering top-rated features and functionality at the lowest price.

A Robust System for the full-time nonprofit

Donor Perfect is on par with some of the top CRM programs for the nonprofit at a price point that is affordable. The training modules online are great resources and their support is top notch. I have implemented DP from the bottom up and the process was seamless and helped us create a great cultivation program. This is a system that requires maintenance and good input practices. I would place this at the advanced/intermediate level and recommend it for a NPO with a full-time development staff. If you are looking for a robust, trustworthy and scalable system this is it but be prepared to dig in deep to the training modules and in the end your fundraising programs will benefit.

Pros

Donor Perfect is one of the mainstays in nonprofit donor/constituent management and there is a reason for their longevity. This is a robust system that is more complex than some of the newer entries into the market that tout cloud, ease of use and a free website builder. I have always thought that the gimmicky add ons is kind of like a realtor staging a home and putting potted plants on warped areas...

Cons

The system is a true CRM style system and there is a learning curve so be prepared to get the training you need to be able to train staff. It is worth the investment and will benefit your revenue goals to use the system fully. One area that always was a point of initial frustration was report generation. It took me a while to fully grasp the reporting.

DPO Has Made Tracking and Contacting Donors Much Easier

PAALS is a small non-profit (around 200K in annual revenue and less than five employees). We have found DPO to be a very large help in managing our charity by allowing us to track all of our pertinenent information in one place that is accessible anywhere. The information in DPO used to be on several dozen spreadsheets or in QuickBooks. Duplication of data was everywhere (particularly email addresses)...

Pros

DPO is in the "cloud" which means PAALS volunteers and staff can work with it wherever they using just a web browser. Also, the DP mobile app makes it very easy to access donor information wherever you are. DPO has almost unlimited flexibility to add new fields and configure screen design. PAALS is using DPO not only to track Donor information, but also to track information about the dogs we have...

Cons

The event management module as currently implemented is somewhat cumbersome and is not integrated with WebLink. However, Softerware has posted that the next update will address some of these issues. Softerware does not have an alliance with PayPal. Thus we are unable to include an option to for donors to contribute via PayPal on our Weblink forms. So we have to maintain a separate set of forms on...

Surprisingly Powerful

When I first joined the organization, they had been entering certain data for years but had no idea how to report on it. This was a great starting place to learn the power of the reporting feature. We also began to use Donor Perfect to track moves management and major donors, and I constantly used the platform.

Pros

After some experiential learning, I was able to capture and easily report on so much data, which made my overall fundraising and communications easier (though it never feels easy at the time). The custom fields and reporting stand out as some of the features I used the most. I was able to add up tax-deductible amounts from certain donation periods and have them reported on the donor demographic form, so I was easily able to see and report on certain specific tax credits. The general reports, from cash flow, to average gift amounts and every possible AFP fundraising metric we such as blessing - and something I miss now that I am at a new org with a different database.

Cons

While I could do donation processing through Donor Perfect, and embed the form on the page, at the time, the form was a little rough around the edges. I could match colors, but that was about it. Perhaps now there is a CSS you can paste to make it a little more seamless. It should be noted that this is a problem with a lot of donation processing pages with different database companies, in my experience.

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of DonorPerfect. It's great to read all the wonderful things you say about the system. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist