PastorsLine

Text & voice messaging system for churches and ministries

PastorsLine Reviews

Pros

The customer service and help have been awesome. I love the idea they came up with and I know they are working on fixes a few bugs to make it easier to interact with the phone app.

David T.

Blair P.

It's fast, reliable, and provides the ability to text from our churches landline. Our congregation has been very responsive and enjoy getting weekly texts from the pastor & staff.

Eric E.

Cons

As far as I know, if a contact is added to the campaign accidentally, there is no way to go back and remove the contact. I wish there was an easy way to do this to avoid mistakes.

Kristen L.

Just getting everything set up is difficult. I know I’m missing out in so many of the features because it’s more complicated than I’m used to.

Kathy S.

The platform can be a little confusing at times.

Sara H.

Great features, not super user friendly....but improving

Transcript

Matt L.: Hi, I'm Matt. I'm assistant pastor here, at the church. And I would rate PastorsLine three out...

Flexable and highly intuitive texting solution

We are solving the issue have having manual processes to intake 1st time visitor and salvation information and being able to get that person talking to a Pastor as quick as possible.

Pros

Some of the biggest reasons why we have stuck with PastorsLine is for its ability to use AI to make the conversation with a person on text seem like they are talking to a real person while collecting key information. We use this for our first time visitor process and many others to collect information such as names, emails, phone numbers. It then can take that information and put it into our existing ChMS platform. We can also love the fact that we can pull any group of people that are either are in a group or a process and send an automated text to them. This has streamlined several processes for us including 1st timers, salvation and interest in events.

Cons

The only downside to the software is that you have to use a full phone number to text inside of a shortcode.

We appreciate your review, Ryan. We have leased a shortcode and it's currently being provisioned. 8 - 12 weeks.

Does more!

The interactive nature of texting has increased the personal touch we provide to our congregation and guests. It's the natural way to communicate today and done in a natural, native way.

Pros

PastorsLine does what other texting services don't or can't. The response by text feature is the best. Rather than sending a respondent to a form, PastorsLine can automate a conversation that happens by text to request and capture the info you want. You can also do surveys. You can use your own phone number. You can have unlimited keywords of your choosing. You can receive voicemail. You can use it to call numbers to broadcast voice messages. You can forward your main number to different numbers at any time. (Send the church calls to someone's cell phone.)

Cons

It's not as intuitive or simple to use at first as some other texting services geared towards churches. But it's a recognized weakness on their part and always improving; and once you get over the learning curve it's worth it. And the extra features make it an excellent value too.

Thank you for the kind words, Brian! We are very pleased that you like our service especially the features. And yes, you're right. Our team is working hard to improve the tool in all the areas to provide the best service possible. Thank you for sticking with us!

Mixed review

We've enjoyed the benefit of communicating with people in the way that people currently communicate, via text message. Overall, this just wasn't the product for us.

Pros

We mainly used Pastorsline for Guest Follow-up, weekly update texts to student ministry and church-wide polls. It was most useful for the weekly update texts.

Cons

We didn't like that every user received a notification for everything. Pastorline said their purpose for this was to help make sure people didn't "fall through the cracks" but we found it's only real purpose ended up being causing our team to feel spammed, it was a redundant nuisance. We also found it a bit of a beast to get started with, less overall user-friendly than we thought it would be.

Thanks, Kim, for your honest review. We do have several ways to handle notifications as shared. If each person shares the SAME number, then each person would get the same reply if their notifications is turned on. Each user can manage whether they get notifications. Another way to look at it is if every leader at your church used the same info@mychurch.com email. Everyone would see everything. With our system, we highly recommend adding unique numbers to specific people or roles. This would allow each user to only receive notifications on what they sent. Admins can also choose to follow one or more numbers or none at all. I do agree we can improve and we would continue to do so. Thanks for sharing.

Fantastic Idea Working Out the Details

With email open rates growing lower and the need for quick church communication in a time of COVID increasing, we tried PastorsLine as a way to combine the best of SMS messaging with a phone number our community knew well.

Pros

Being able to text from our landline is an incredible feature as we bridge the gap between folks who grew up texting and those who learned to do it later in life. In addition, the automation features that allow on-boarding of new community members are fantastic and well thought out.

Cons

The backend interface is a little clunky and not intuitive, but their roadmap includes major updates in this area, so I am excited to see future design changes.

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are excited to get the new updated website interface up and ready for you too! Thank you for your patience as we continue to make these improvements!

PastorsLine Review

PastorsLine has helped us make meaningful connections as well as communicate easily to people in our congregation.

Pros

I love how easy PastorsLine is to use for first-time guest follow-up in our church. We collect data both digitally through PastorsLine as well as through a paper card. I've got a series of follow-up texts scheduled that has been super helpful for us in connecting with new people. I also love that they can reply directly to the text and I can have an exchange with them.

Cons

The features are fantastic but the interface is still a little wanting. They've been doing upgrades for the past year but the process to get to the end result seems a little slow.

Thanks Mike! We are so happy you have been able to have success with your new guests and being able to engage with them so easily. We do know the interface needs updating and we are in the process of making those changes (as you know). We do thank you for your patience and for sticking with us through it and can't wait for the finished product either!

A Worthwhile Investment of Time and Money for Our Church

I have had nothing but success in using PastorsLine. Even as I'm writing this review, two more of our retired-age adults signed up to receive prayer request alerts from our church through our PastorsLine software!

Pros

We love the ability of sending out burst communications in seconds to a variety of groups and people. Communicating immediately via text message is just the solution we were looking for as a church staff.

Cons

The back-end of PastorsLine is continuing to evolve even as we're using it. The app and web-versions of the software are growing my leaps and bounds even in our time using it. There are times when I wish the process was complete and finalized.

We're love hearing such success stories and we're glad that it is helping you to communicate better with your church! Thanks for your kind words, Stevan!

Improvement over built-in CCB texting options

I feel strongly the team running PastorsLine cares about their clients, and seems to be honest about the "clunky" nature of the product, and is striving to improve. They are quick to respond when there is a problem, and keep us in the loop as the product evolves.

Pros

Synchronization with CCB (Church Community Builder) is our primary reason for choosing this product. And the sync features work pretty well. The auto-respond features are useful, but very basic.

Cons

The user interface (both web based and phone app) is "clunky." It works most of the time, but the tool is always slow to refresh screens, and feels like I'm always waiting for it to catch up or respond. Development team has been working on a new interface for a long time, but in a year they still are working out the kinks of the beta interface. Auto-respond features can't be customized to synchronize with user defined fields, so they have limited use.

Thanks for sharing your experience! As you know, we are working to improve the interface and make it less clunky. We do thank you for your patience and for sticking with us through it and appreciate your feedback!

Great way to connect

The product helps us connect with visitors, as well as people looking to grow and get more involved. I love that it's automated, but that I can also engage personally when needed. This product has definitely made us more effective at follow-up.

Pros

Once it's set up it's really simple and effective. People are familiar and comfortable with sending a text so it's a great way to connect with visitors or people considering your church. The website is fairly easy to navigate and the developer is always working on improving the product. I've spoken with him directly and he's really helpful.

Cons

It has a bit of a learning curve, but there is fantastic customer service to guide you through the initial set up. Honestly, if you're at all considering this service it's worth trying.

Thanks, Blair! It's great to hear that the tool helps you to connect with your visitors and people who are interested in your church. Thanks for sticking through the learning curve and reaching out when you need help! We are always here to help any way we can!

Great Product & Customer Service

Their customer service team is wonderful and the features are numerous.

Pros

It gets the job done in an affordable way. It offers a variety of features that improve the user experience and integrate with widely-used tools like CCB.

Cons

I am not naturally tech savy and this product is a difficult for me to use. I seem to stumble my way through building new campaigns, keywords, integrations, etc but they always work - so that speaks well of Pastor's Line.

Thanks, Holly! We're happy you like our features especially the integrations. If you need help with setting up or in anything, send us an online chat or email at help@pastorsline.com. We're here for you anytime :)

Great Product with lots of Potential

Pros

PastorsLine is a good tool for enabling communication workflow. Found it fairly easy to configure and there are ample examples and demo's within the documentation when you have a question. From a price performance perspective Pastorlines is very competative.

Cons

I wish the UI was a little better designed, but they are currently working it. Would be nice if they had more pre-configured workflow templates to use as other tools in this space provide.

Thank you for your kind words! We're glad to know that it is a great addition to your church, Darren. As you know, we are working to improve the interface. We do thank you for your patience and for sticking with us through it and appreciate your feedback!

The tool every church needs

PastorsLine has revolutionized the way we communicate with our church. I have coordinated an event with 400 volunteers using PastorsLine. Everyone was connected! I’m also using it to follow up with our guests. The programmable campaigns are immensely helpful in accomplishing this.

Pros

There are so many so I will list them: - Since we purchased PastorsLine a year ago, the team has been updating and improving the software, as well as informing customers of these improvements. - the App is awesome, easy to use, and many on our staff are utilizing the app to communicate with groups of people from wherever they are - amazing price and overall value

Cons

I want to be able to filter the inbox for groups, not just numbers. Because we are a big organization, I am assigning different team members to monitor different groups within the same number. It is hard for them to do this without the filtering option. I also want to be able to “flag” texts in different ways, like assign them to team members that should respond because it deals with their area of ministry, for even to remind myself to follow up with certain ones

Appreciate the feedback. In our new HUB, we offer a few more options for filtering. Since we have a new structure, adding more logic for filtering is something that would be easier to be done. Highly recommend adding multiple numbers for each department so you can use the phone filtering we already offer. We have thought about creating a "support" add-on where you can assign conversations to different people. We have some designs on this called "notes". Coming in the upcoming months.

Great!

At first we were barely using pastors line for only automated text info. Now we are using it for so much more. We use it to communicate, send out information, sign people up for things, send polls, make people feel special with automated birthday text. They do so much to help us reach our people and make them feel special and loved by us.

Pros

We use this software for almost a year now and recently we were thinking about changing but comparing them to another company... PastorsLine is a no brainer for us to stay with. They are the best at what they do and they have so many more options than other companies. We also love how quickly they respond and help us with our tedious questions, they are so great with us.

Cons

The number of follow up texts or the workflow. The way they have it set up is someone can send in a keyword and you would get the 1st automated text, then they can reply to that and have a 2nd follow up automated text and that's it. I would like to be able to have more.

Thank you for such kind words Jenn! We love hearing you've had success using not only our texting features but also the other features like polls and birthday texts as well! I'd love to discuss how you'd like the auto replies and data capture responses to work a little more. There are some ways we are able to "ninja trick" the system to do what you want with a little creative thinking! If you'd like to set up a brainstorming session with us, send us an email to help@pastorsline.com (or an online chat)! :)

A great option for following up with text campaigns and still being able to do voice calls

We've had a good experience with PastorsLine. We've hit a few bumps along the way, but the team is always ready to reach out and resolve issues quickly.

Pros

I love that I can connect all of this software with Planning Center and use the two seamlessly. It makes automated follow up manageable and effective.

Cons

I think the platform is a bit hard to get use too. The design could be more user friendly, but like with any new platform, after you learn it things become easier.

Hi, Cody! It's amazing to hear that you had a good experience especially with the PCO integration which made your automated follow up manageable and effective.

How to Get Your People to Text in Church

The biggest solution we have found in PastorsLine is the real time, rapid communication with our teams and, especially, new guests to our church. We can now reach out to them within the same day we receive their information and let them know we are praying for them, grateful for their visit, and we offer them a chance to give us immediate feedback. It has been amazing how helpful it has been to stay connected and in communication through this platform

Pros

It really is a simple and easy to use way to communicate with your people and teams in the medium that is most used by them. Sending out a targeted text gets a much better response from those you are trying to reach and PastorsLine handles this simply and beautifully. Also, the usefulness of their app has been great. A simple interface to send and receive messages in the moment. In fact, the app was instrumental during disaster relief efforts in the wake of a tornado that impacted our church and our city. The app helped us locate and prioritize the people we helped in real time through team messages for identifying and reporting needs.

Cons

The integrations with other church management software platforms is a little cumbersome and sometimes slow. However, it works well. It does take some insight and sometimes help to get lists imported in and synced but once they're integrated it works great.

Wow Sean! Thank you so much for the feedback! You have no idea how much it means to us to hear how a tool like PastorsLine could be helpful to your church- from communicating and connecting with your new guest to helping with disaster relief - it is truly our prayer that we can be a small part of helping churches like yours communicate better and more effectively. Thank you for sharing and of course, please let us know if you ever have any questions or need anything!

PastorsLine

The team have been great to work with. They've offered the opportunity to pilot programs that I asked for early on (our specific CHMS being a big one). They have helped us grow our ministry and our communication with members and first-time guests. I love the automation that we've been able to create to ensure things aren't 'slipping through the cracks'.

Pros

We started with PastorsLine early on. Their team has continued to grow the platform and focus on ease of use. It integrates with all of our systems that we had previously in place (MailChimp, our CHMS, PCO, and more). This is huge for us! They also provide great support.

Cons

As with anything that's growing, you have 'bugs' that you find once the software has updated. This is not a big issue for me for a couple of reasons. 1) If you're working to continue improving and listening to your customer feedback, this is just a natural part of system upgrades. 2) The bugs are always resolved quickly.

Thanks for your kind words, Chris! We're love hearing such success stories and we're glad that it is helping you to communicate better with your members and first-time guests. If you need help or assistance, send us an online chat or email to help@pastorsline.com.

So Glad I Found PastorsLine

I love it! It's been wonderful. I've already got my friend to subscribe to PastorsLine and they are already using it for their church. I've recommended it to several different people and am using my influence in our San Diego region to get the word out more and more. I'm convinced this is a shift other people need to wake up to. (Random but, is there incentives for referring other people that sign up with PastorsLine?) :D

Pros

The price was right for the amount of messages I wanted to send out to my team. Everything else I found was far more expensive with other features that I didn't necessarily need or want to use. This has been perfect, and the app that comes along with it is simple and convenient. It's everything I need at just the right price.

Cons

There's a little bit of complexity on the back end. I feel like I'm not using all the functions to the best of their ability. Perhaps I'm still new enough that I haven't crossed all the t's or dotted all my i's with it yet...but I'm planning to endeavor deeper into all PastorsLine can do. I wish, I had a particular person that I could chat with on a consistent basis and ask some questions too regularly. Instead of talking about A BUNCH of things, it could be just handling one more thing to optimize what we are doing with our church here. I've had a little bit of that, but the more the merrier in my mind. We're shifting almost ALL our communication to a text/based service (PastorsLine) so...for all the communication going forth around here...it's a major shift for us.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Josiah. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We're glad that you find it helpful and worth sharing with your colleagues. It's something we've worked hard on and we're pleased our efforts resonated with you. Thanks for your kind recommendation! We appreciate it. :)

Customer Service is Incredible!

They are so helpful and friendly. They've been a great fit for us and have provided an affordable option for keywords.

Pros

My favorite thing about Pastorsline is their customer service! They are so friendly, helpful, and go above and beyond to make using their software as simple as possible.

Cons

The software can be tough to navigate. It takes some training to learn the ins and outs of the software and you have to learn on the training elements quite a bit rather than it being intuitive.

Thanks for your kind words, Annette! We are very pleased to help you out! Thanks for sticking through the learning curve. and please keep reaching out to us when you need help.:)

There's no need to whine, Pastorsline is fine!

We have had greater engagement in our Growth Track spiritual formation process by adding the reminder invitations to each week with Pastorsline texting! Before we used Pastorsline we were only sending email reminders but people don't read their emails like they read their text messages.

Pros

That I can schedule text message reminders to a group of participants! I also like that it sync's with CCB-saving us time and minimizing duplications! In addition, it's super easy to send a text to an ad-hoc group of people.

Cons

...that I am unable to add an "All of the Above" (5th option) to the Polling choices. Not being a millenial/super techie person, working with the Polling feature/Campaigns has been a bit tricky and not having a step by step instructions with screenshots for all aspects of Pastorsline has made learning the tool a bit challenging. For example, I am still struggling with how to set up Polling so it...

Thanks for sharing your experience, Leona! We are very pleased that it's helping you communicate better to your church! Please send us an online chat or email to help@pastorsline.com if you need any help or assistance. :)

We are very happy we chose PastorsLine!

We have been able to utilize the system with a relatively small amount of training, it does everything we need, and it come at a great price. Overall, we are very satisfied with PastorsLine and would recommend it to any other organization like ours looking for a mass texting option.

Pros

Integration with Planning Center (PCO); amazing customer support (who are also the creators, which is so cool!); great value for what you get; ability to assign credits and have multiple users/numbers associated with our organization; ability to have more than one administrator to manage the system; the automated campaigns from PCO option; new updates are frequent.

Cons

Whatever it is lacking is being rolled out after periods of time, so overall nothing major. I think anything that we haven't been able to rectify like merging people into one person instead of two people with parts of the contact information (i.e., two Jane Does who are the same, but one with an e-mail and the other with the address and phone number), or deleting blocked or duplicate numbers in a bulk operation are probably due to our inability to have time to sit down and go through the proper training, not necessarily that it can't be fized.

Hi Bethany! We are happy to hear you have been having success with PastorsLine and are enjoying some of the other features we offer! I would love to set up an online zoom training or phone call with you to discuss any areas that you'd like additional help with! Shoot us an email at help@pastorsline.com or an online chat to get that set up!

Awesome Features For An Affordable Price

Excellent value. Fabulous support. Very pleased with the product and the roadmap of features to come.

Pros

Easy to use. Simple to setup. Great automated messaging features. Keywords are powerful. Campaigns and surveys are features I have not seen available on other platforms. Using PastorsLine has multiplied the number of contacts I get when I travel and speak and cut down on the data entry I have to do. Love it!

Cons

Not really any negatives. Very pleased with the price and value.

Thanks for your amazing words, Chad! We love hearing such success stories and we're glad that it is helping you to communicate better with your organization. We're thrilled that you're having a great experience with us the best thing we could hope for!

Pretty Good

It gets the job done. I think the company is a good company that's headed in the right direction overall. They've been very responsive in the Facebook Group, and I think they are attentive to the needs of their users.

Pros

It functions as advertised. The scheduling feature works and sends follow-up texts.

Cons

The UI is a little difficult, both on the web and the app. The learning curve is mostly based on the UI being difficult and sometimes weird wording is used in places where easier or industry standard verbiage would be easier.

Thanks, Daniel! We are working to improve the interface and all the other areas. I appreciate your feedback!

A great idea that is well on its way to great execution.

The combination of easily managed conversations and mass texting that is linked to our database enables SO much personal outreach during out new guest welcome process! This tool is the whole reason we can make it happen!

Pros

I LOVE the mission of this product. It prioritizes engagement, rather than mass communication. I use it as a work phone number, essentially. But because it integrates with Church Community Builder, I can mass text a batch of people with personalized names and information. Then I get to spend my time having the conversations, not sending the texts. It even has the feel of a real person, because it's a 10-digit phone instead of a shortcode. It's enabled our church to prioritize personability as we've grown.

Cons

It is a newer product, so it's constantly getting better with functionality. Everything works, so that's not the problem - it just does not yet have the polish that we've all come to expect from lots of software. They make up for it with incredibly responsive support, consistent new features, and continual updates to design and functionality!

Great tool for communicating by text!

It's been great- the customer service has always been quick to respond and very helpful!

Pros

I like that this program integrates with Planning Center and can send automated texts.

Cons

The interface could still be cleaned up a bit. With the new update, it looks much better! There's just some small improvements that could be made (icons a bit blurry, text at the top looks a bit jagged, etc.)

Thanks, Matthew! We're still on the process of improving the interface. Thank you for your patience and for sticking with us through it and can't wait for the finished product either!

Love PastorsLine!

Overall we have had a fabulous experience with PastorsLine. Their customer service is great and they always welcome the feedback we have for ways to improve the site. I love that they are continuing to add new levels of CCB integration.

Pros

What we love most about this software is the ability it gives us to easily communicate with the people involved in our church. We started out using it as a tool to contact first-time​ guests and have seen our engagement level with them increase drastically. It's also a great tool to automate points of contact and we've even started using it as a method for event signup. Also, we love its compatibility with CCB. Without that integration, we would most likely not be using the software.

Cons

I wouldn't say there's anything we dislike about the software. I would say that the layout and functionality of the website itself could be improved to become more user-friendly. It takes a bit to learn your way around and figure out how things work together.

Thanks, Jenna! We're love hearing such success stories and we're glad that it is helping you to communicate better with your church! We are working to improve the interface and all other areas. We do thank you for your patience as we continue to make improvements!

Great for Church Communication!

PastorsLine has helped us figure out a way to easily connect with our new church guests. We are able to collect their data simply & quickly and get it organized. Overall, we have had a great experience with it and plan to keep using it.

Pros

I like the many different options that come with PastorsLine. It is really geared toward ministry, so it works really well with what a church might want to use it for. Once you have used the different options a few times, it is easy to navigate. Customer service is extremely helpful and responds quickly. You deal with people, not robots.

Cons

It can be pretty glitchy at times and it is difficult to figure out why without having to contact PastorsLine. Kind of tricky to figure things out at first, but once you work with it a few times it is fairly easy to navigate.

Thank you for the feedback Ali! We are always working on improving in all those areas. Thank you for sticking with us!