ProPresenter Reviews

1.9K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.08/10

Reviews by rating

Our church loves this software when it comes to using for praise and worship. Musicians and singers have so many tools to help them during praise and worship.
First, this is a rare gem to have a one-time payment software. It's an investment, but you don't have to commit to monthly or yearly payments, which is very nice.
Being able to search for Bible verses and songs and get them onto the screen quickly is amazing. It's software built specifically for presentations and it's simply wonderful.
The program did “crash” often and some of my files would get lost - not sure if this was a part of a bigger problem with the program but it did happen often.
This software is full of problems, clutches, and inconsistencies that make my job as a tech director nerve wracking at best, and infuriating at its worst.
The most frustrating think about ProPresenter is that it can be unreliable.

1,940 reviews

MS

Micah S.

Pastor

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

ProPresenter is perfect!

Transcript

Micah S.: Hello, my name is Micah and I am a location pastor. I give ProPresenter a five. For more reviews...

David C.

Pastor for Creative Arts

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Industry standard, for a reason

Transcript

David C.: My name is David. I'm Pastor for Creative Arts at a church. I would give ProPresenter five...

Jeremy F.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Perfect for Church environment, and easy to train new users on

As a church, we need to enable the congregation to follow along with the songs we sing and the sermon that is preached. This allows us to display what we need, in a way that is both engaging AND distraction-free. The software is basic enough that my new volunteers can jump right in, but with enough advanced features that I can do more complicated slides. It also has many more features that we can use as we grow and need them without switching platforms.

Pros

Most importantly: it is a stable product that outputs w/o any issue. Next is that it is easy to train new volunteers on the basic operations of the software. Both of these are important to us.

Cons

I haven't yet got the ability to sync files to work smoothly using Google Drive; if I can ever get it to the point where I can trust it, it will allow me to remotely (from home) create and edit files when I have a few minutes to spare.

Simon M.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Whether you're a gathering of 6 or 60,000 people, ProPresenter scales very well!

From the time we decided to take the plunge to having used it for years now, working on ProPresenter has been such a great delight. Given that most services depend on volunteers, it was becoming increasingly difficult to have the manpower required to run these different systems. Using ProPresenter to integrate into our current production rig, saves us both time and resources.

Pros

The biggest advantage of using ProPresenter for us was the ability to have multiple outputs to multiple displays. Having the ability to add and subtract layers on the fly is another great advantage of using this great software. The ability to integrate it with our present music production software (Ableton Live) is what made it possible to automate our audio and lighting scenes. This is far ahead of what the competition offers at the moment.

Cons

The barrier to entry is probably the price and yearly subscription. While it may not be a lot, the possibility of a very small congregation or international audiences not being able to afford it, is a likelihood.

RB

Randy B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Very glitchy software

There are many problems which, when combined, create a really bad user experience. Here are two scenarios, both of which are fails: 1. When using the software on Windows, I get the feeling that ProPresenter was built for Mac, then ported over to Windows, but not very well... many loose ends didn't get ported over properly, and as a result, ProPresenter has lots of problems with crash/lag/user interface. 2....

Pros

It integrates with Planning Center Online. It has stage display

Cons

It's designed for Mac, and the Windows version is not built very well. Some dialog boxes are non-standard, they've injected Mac dialog boxes into the Windows version, so buttons and functionality are different than other Windows software. Preferences menu has been built to look/act like Mac. Why?? Double-click functionality works in some parts of the software, but not others. Doesn't import PowerPoint...

ML

Mike L.

For All Your Presentation Needs

Pros

This software is essential for multiple destination presentations. It can simultaneously output with different looks to many screens.

Cons

This software would be enhance by incorporating a slide builder with motion elements and transitions similar to PowerPoint.

AP

Albert P.

The Next Level of Presentation

My overall experience has been nothing but positive. For the price point you get an amazing product that will meet most if not all of your presentation needs. The video tutorials are excellent and I have been able to get support via chat and talking to a live person as well, which is fantastic it today's world. I am still discovering new capabilities and how to implement them and the constant improvements and updates are well received.

Pros

ProPresenter 7 enables our relatively small church to present professional looking graphics to our online and in house worshipers. Even though the initial learning curve is relatively steep, there are plenty of tutorials and videos available to make the learning detailed and easy. Once I learned the basics, I was astounded at the simplicity and complexity of the program. You can do basic presentation...

Cons

For whatever reason the program takes a while to load on a computer. More so than most other software programs. Even though there is an app available that can serve as a remote to control the program from a phone or tablet, as apposed to a computer, the design is poor and the functionality is limited. Propresenter recently released a plug in for stream deck, which is also available as an app, which will probably make up for the lack of a good remote. As far as I am aware of, there is no physical remote that will work well with ProPresenter.

JH

John H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Great tool for media presentations

Pros

We like the versatility of this product and use it in various locations in our building. It can be used with 1 monitor or projector and can be used with multiple projectors. It is easy to use and to edit and contains a lot of features.

Cons

Everything goes well until Apple decides to update software.

SR

Scott R.

scotts reveiw

Pros

The feature that I like most about ProPresenter is the ability to import your own graphics.

Cons

For ProPresenter there is a steep learning curve.

Jm

Joe mar N.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Best Pro Presenter

I like that this software is reliable, after it is setup correctly. I like that has so many great features for various types of presentations. Easy to use and you can maximize it.

Pros

Wide array of features, easy to use and access.

Cons

it is flexible, responsive program that invests new media quickly and seamlessly. Quick reorientation of slides and presentable media. it also have different features

sr

sabarinathan r.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Pros

It helped me, and it was very easy to use

Cons

It is very user friendly and helped me a lot

jt

john t.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Excellent for lyrical presentation to church employees/students during performance

Pros

Easy to use and very good for keeping students aware of lyrics of music during church performances. also helps several clubs at our university prepare for christmas performance

Cons

It can be a little difficult to learn to use not being google based, which is what most students are familiar with

MM

Mark M.

ProPresenter for Church A/C

We have had a great experience and love the way we can craft both our worship song slides as well as the sermon slides and anything else we want to do. It effortlessly handles any embedded video or audio and is just a workhorse program for all our your visual applications and needs.

Pros

We made the switch to ProPresenter to have more options in our creativity, livestreaming, and general overall graphic and visual content. The options it presents the user with are limitless and great for expanding your creativity many different ways.

Cons

It would be good if there were more 'on the fly" controls to instantly duplicate slides and do more things with special characters/text.

TY

Travis Y.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

THE BEST Presentation Software on the market!!

Currently we use Pro Presenter as a House of Worship solution, and as a traveling presentation software; it flawlessly integrates with our mac mini and and 5 monitor system. The thing i love most about ProPresenter is that it is simple enough for a kid to use, and at the same time has complex feature for Pro users to indulge in like; iPad controls, Hi Definition video and audio options, social media integration and up-gradable external modules.

Pros

The ease of use. ProPresenter generally just works. It is so hassle free and is so simple that i was able to teach it to seniors and children! When i allow end users to run our system i feel confident that they will be able to create, and run a flawless presentation!

Cons

The only small gripe i have is that ProPresenter Pro License doesn't come with alot of free or embeded stock videos or images. The base price point is fair, i just wish there were more stock photos, video and sounds for the Pro license.

DC

Dale C.

Great Presentation Software for Churches and Presenters

It's been generally very positive, particularly on the Mac.

Pros

I love having a library of many, many songs and the ability to easily and quickly create a playlist. I can use templates to change the formatting of multiple songs at once. I can create different instances of a song so we can use the same song in multiple services but with different verses or arrangements. I love the ability to control the software with my iPhone and use an iPad for a stage display, all connected wirelessly, as well as the option of a screen in the back of our sanctuary that can either mirror the main display or show different options (next slide, clock, timer, etc.) This is a very capable program with features that can be added, including the ability to easily select verses to display from different scripture translations, etc.

Cons

I use the app on both a Mac (to create slides and for personal presentations in other settings) and a PC (in the sanctuary for worship), and the 2016 HP PC suffers in its performance in two ways. First, it takes a bit longer to click on a song and drag it to a playlist on the PC than on the Mac, so setting up a playlist takes longer. Second, even though we purchased a pretty capable graphics card for...

AW

Andy W.

Platform concerns

Pros

Now that I'm running it on an iMac, it is working very well. However, because I'm running it on an iMac, I did have to spend much more in additional components to allow it to properly function. I do like that the application is now very stable and seems to be able to operate well.

Cons

Although the web site offered support for Windows, it does not run as a 64-bit application. It is a 32 bit application, not fully capable of accessing more available memory and processing capabilities that a 64-bit platform can offer. This should be noted on the website. In addition, whether it was running on Windows or iMac (which I now use), the ability to natively run Microsoft PowerPoint presentations...

TK

Tammy K.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

ProPresenter Makes My Life a Breeze!

I am responsible for all the slides at a Sunday Worship Service, and this was tedious and time consuming with PowerPoint. ProPresenter streamlines what I do to the point that it's very easy now. I especially leverage it's interface with Planning Center Online. I particularly like the simple background video looping over multiple slides functionality, the slide looping functionality, and the smooth transitions when audio is started or stopped. It's greatly superior to PowerPoint.

Pros

ProPresenter has been designed to be super easy to use for a slide flipper, yet is robustly powerful for the most demanding of complicated productions and is super scalable effortlessly. I also LOVE its easy to setup/use interfaces with other software - especially Planning Center Online and PowerPoint. I've been using this 2 years and keep finding ways to streamline what I do even further! As Worship Minister at a bilingual church, I can pull together a Sunday Service playlist in under 5 minutes if there are no new songs. I give ProPresenter the very highest recommendation possible!

Cons

There is so much functionality available that a new user can feel overwhelmed. However by zeroing in on the task at hand and ignoring the fancy stuff at first, it's very simple to use and learn. Also to help keep you from being overwhelmed they have great video tutorials to get you on board and running smoothly.

PT

Patrick T.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

ProPresenter is the most versatile presentation software on the market

I cannot recommend ProPresenter enough to anybody who needs to present content. Over my years of working with the software, any bugs I've encountered have been patched out in future updates so I have no hesitation to recommend everyone use ProPresenter.

Pros

I have yet to throw a task at ProPresenter that it couldn't handle. From its ease of use when editing slides, to the ability to work seamlessly with any number of video outputs, ProPresenter is simply the best presentation software you can find. I especially appreciate the "arrangments" feature which greatly increases productivity.

Cons

My only real complaint about ProPresenter is the fact they removed support for social media integrations. In the previous version, you could include realtime images and text from Twitter and Facebook but they have since removed the feature.

JS

Joel S.

Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees

Great Presentation Software for Churches

We are using this for 3 church services a week as our presentation software. I would recommend it to anyone. It delivers our lyrics, graphics, and Scriptures in a professional way at a great value.

Pros

Pro Presenter is easy to use. I can teach a volunteer to use the basic features within a few minutes of sitting down at the computer. The integration with CCLI to import songs is a feature that is a huge time saver. Formatting is a breeze with the toolbar. Editing spelling errors on the fly is quick and easy. Overall it is a great value for the purchase price. My team loves it, and we will continue to us it for many years to come. It is simple to make professional presentations quickly.

Cons

The only area I would like to see improved is the mobile app. It is very nice to have, but is a little slow to load things on the fly.

JA

Joel A.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Exceptional value for the feature set

We have been using ProPresenter for over a decade and now have it as the main visual presentation software in eight rooms, ranging from 100 to 2100 seats. Our newest implementation involves a multi-screen output of simultaneous separate content to a on-stage TV and IMAG overlay via NDI with Alpha and to a confidence monitor at the rear of the room. And ProPresenter can do it! On a Mac mini, no less! We love it so much that when presenters come with PowerPoint presentations, its common practice for us to import them into ProPresenter to make them easier to work with.

Pros

- A feature set that is perfect for churches and constantly evolving with the times. - Unlimited site license and free download gives unparalleled value. - A friendly and intuitive interface for the basics with intricate and power-packed features under the hood. - Versatile enough to be the perfect choice for everything from conferences to funerals and church services to concerts, and also perfect for single screen, multiscreen or feeding into an IMAG system as an alpha overlay. Makes it easy to train staff and volunteers on one product across a wide variety of contexts.

Cons

- In depth features can become confusing and hard to find information on, especially when combining add-on modules for specific functionality.

David C.

significant updates in ProPresenter 7

ProPresenter has been a consistent and reliable presentation software, with ProPresenter 7 introducing the ability to livestream from within the program and send NDI signals to the network. We use it every week for our worship gatherings with great success.

Pros

I love how ProPresenter leads the way in presentation software for houses of worship. It integrates with Planning Center and SongSelect, and volunteers can be trained without much difficulty.

Cons

There are a LOT of features for new users to get their heads around. Sometimes integrated programs need multiple logins to maintain connection. It uses a lot of system resources when running.

ES

Erik S.

Best in its class

It's been a great experience. A large upgrade over the software we used previously. I would recommend this product to anyone that needs professional presentation software for church or company use.

Pros

It is simple to use, we can train almost anyone to run the software. It is easy to setup and manage. It runs all common media files with ease. It's easy and quick to setup new presentations.

Cons

Stage display could use more customization. It works well but I think they could add some additional features in order to display exactly what we need. I'd love to be able to have it set to show slides without the background. You can do that now, but it won't keep the same formatting as the slide. We have to use "static" but it keeps the background on the first slide of each document. It would also be nice to be able to show only the first line of the next slide- without having to move the next slide off the screen.

WD

Wesley D.

Propresenter

We love the Planning Center and SongSelect integrations.

Pros

Propresenter has a simple and intuitive user interface that serves all our churches’ presentation needs. This powerful software scales to fit the presentation needs of churches and business of all sizes. We are also very satisfied with Renewed Vision’s customer service.

Cons

We really feel that there must be a better way to do the stage display. It often crashes on us.

GA

Gary A.

ProPresenter is Essential

The smooth transitions and rapid editing capabilities allows me to fix situations on the fly and make changes during a gathering real time. I have used several software packages for running the projection screens in large auditoriums. This one is clearly the best.

Pros

ProPresenter provides almost every possible way to throw something up on the presentation screen. It is extremely adaptable to various software inputs and provides a consistent, easily operated central system for everything. This software provides total control.

Cons

It still has a few small bugs, nothing major, but sometimes they are a bit irritating. For example, there is a one-pixel thick horizontal gray line right in the middle of the screen. It is not extremely distracting, but it is there. On multiple computers.

Chadsey L.

Wonderfully powerful software for every church/ministry

Less headaches and ease of use. Coming in on a Sunday morning and having the software works perfectly as planned. There really isn't much to dislike. The price is competitive and a great value. The software is superb and any problems are quickly address in new updates. The abilities are almost endless

Pros

The ease of use is probably my favorite thing. If you need a basic display system for your church this will get you going right away without a hitch. If you need more advanced, multi network, multi screens, adding confidence moniters or stage displays, using iPads and IP networks with a control room. Ya know the mega church display setup.... this is still the preferred program to use. The training...

Cons

If I have to say one negative is this software works best with Mac's. Through the years the software has had issues with PC's running ProPresenter. Although I have heard that the latest ProP 6 has corrected most conflicts in Windows software, so this con may be mute by now, I don't know I stick to Mac for our media computers.

RY

Ryan Y.

An industry standard

Overall I'm a happy user, there are definitely some things that could be improved, and I'm looking forward to seeing which issues are solved in the next release of the software.

Pros

The ability to connect to Planning Center Online. The ability to control ProPresenter via connected gear or have ProPresenter control connected gear. The ability to customize presentations. Groups, Lables, Categories, Hot Keys, and Hot Folders.

Cons

The inability to resize the preference window when working with labels and groups is annoying. Also, I'd like to be able to create a label menu with sub items, like Verse Menu = Verse 1, Verse 2, Verse 3, etc... We are currently working on writing some custom code to allow item selection in ProPresenter to automate tracking of PCO LIVE. This seems like something Renewed Vision could easily add with...

SM

Samuel M.

Propresenter Reviews

Pros

Propresenter can do almost anything. The flexibility of building slides and content in the layers makes it great for clean, nice presentations, but it also means if I need to make a quick announcement slide for our church, I can grab a background, plug in the information, and make a nice looking slide using the editing tools available. Keeps me from scrambling for my laptop and pulling up Photoshop...

Cons

My least favorite part of Propresenter is also one of the things I love—double edged sword I guess. While it's incredible flexible and powerful software, it's also incredibly complicated. There are menus, features, options, integrations I seem to discover daily. This is great for myself and those who build the presentations, but it's a struggle for volunteers. Displaying slides is simple, but troubleshooting, on-boarding, etc. is difficult. I feel as though I'm constantly sharing tips, tricks, training, etc. cause there are just things I can't replicate or teach in a planned training.