ProPresenter Reviews

Justin N.

Being able to search for Bible verses and songs and get them onto the screen quickly is amazing. It's software built specifically for presentations and it's simply wonderful.

Our church loves this software when it comes to using for praise and worship. Musicians and singers have so many tools to help them during praise and worship.

Tony B.

Cons

The program did “crash” often and some of my files would get lost - not sure if this was a part of a bigger problem with the program but it did happen often.

Abigail G.

This software is full of problems, clutches, and inconsistencies that make my job as a tech director nerve wracking at best, and infuriating at its worst.

Seth P.

The most frustrating think about ProPresenter is that it can be unreliable.

Matt R.

1,224

1,793 reviews

ProPresenter is perfect!

Transcript

Micah S.: Hello, my name is Micah and I am a location pastor. I give ProPresenter a five. For more reviews...

Industry standard, for a reason

Transcript

David C.: My name is David. I'm Pastor for Creative Arts at a church. I would give ProPresenter five...

Powerful resource for multimedia worship

We were able to expedite the service preparation process incredibly with the media integration available through ProPresenter.

Pros

I love the integration of various media types and source material platforms. The SongSelect integration is by far the most useful feature for a church that relies on SongSelect for lyrics etc. Also, the multi-user features coupled with cloud sync make team collaboration so much more efficient.

Cons

The biggest issue we had was with releases/support for PC lagging so far behind Mac. Not investing in Mac hardware puts the church at a disadvantage with this software. I don't expect that to change, and it may not need to for the company to be successful, but it makes you ask if it's really better to support PC use if the support is inferior. Additionally, having cloud sync as an 'extra' rather than built into the payment model seems a bit backwards - but for a software that is bought for a larger one-time fee rather than monthly/annual subscription, it makes sense as bandwidth is not free for anyone.

significant updates in ProPresenter 7

ProPresenter has been a consistent and reliable presentation software, with ProPresenter 7 introducing the ability to livestream from within the program and send NDI signals to the network. We use it every week for our worship gatherings with great success.

Pros

I love how ProPresenter leads the way in presentation software for houses of worship. It integrates with Planning Center and SongSelect, and volunteers can be trained without much difficulty.

Cons

There are a LOT of features for new users to get their heads around. Sometimes integrated programs need multiple logins to maintain connection. It uses a lot of system resources when running.

Great Presentation Software for Church

ProPresenter is probably the best option for church presentation software. Switching to it, provided a lot of missing features from alternatives.

Pros

ProPresenter is simple to use during presentations and most people can be trained to design without much prior knowledge. You can seamlessly add bible verses, of which you can purchase licenses within ProPresenter.

Cons

Importing PowerPoint presentations could be better. I get a lot of guest speakers that provide me with a PowerPoint that has many animations and ProPresenter will import the presentation, but the animations are lost. This is not a big deal for me, but I have had to re-work a few presentations at the last minute for speakers that needed them.

Good, but not as good as it could be.

We use ProPresenter 6 weekly to sequence our worship lyrics and other service visuals except for the weekly teaching portions. Our teachers prefer Proclaim due to its integration with Logos bible software. We also use Proclaim to record our teachings - audio with synced visuals - for uploading to our website. For general worship visuals I prefer ProPresenter 6 by far. While our two graphic-op volunteers are fairly new to worship graphics software, I have been creating presentations using computer graphics software professionally since 1983.

Pros

ProPresenter 6 is good at sequencing images, allowing videos to be used as backgrounds, and the database of user created material works well. The weekly task of creating the worship flow for our services is easy and works relatively well. I like that you can click on graphics and text images to make visuals on the fly. We have used ProPresenter with PowerPoint, Keynote and Proclaim software concurrently and switch between them with almost no difficulties.

Cons

In our particular setup - iMac with a Kramer VGA video splitter, in 4:3 - 1024x768 res. - ProPresenter 6 does not correctly initialize the screen buffers causing us to quit and restart the program almost every time we use it. We don't have this problem with PowerPoint, Keynote or Proclaim. Also, for the price, the image (slide) editing functions are clunky - usable, but not good. Apple's Keynote software (free with every Mac) is a great model for easily creating high quality visuals.

The best presentation software for churches, and everyone else.

ProPresenter is volunteer friendly and a very easy to learn software with incredible flexibility. The features available in the Looks menu, Midi integration, and a simple presentation interface make this the perfect software for use in any presentation.

Pros

Livestreaming from ProPresenter was an amazing feature for them to add. When we switched our livestream over to ProPresenter, we fixed issues we didn't even know we had. ProPresenter has unlimited output screens, so you can have 3, 6, 10, 50 individual output destinations, and ProPresenter can send your content to them all. The slide editor is seriously powerful. There's no need to build slides in Power Point anymore. Just train your pastor to edit their slides in ProPresenter. All will be well. ProPresenter is constantly getting bug fixes and major feature update. NDI is built-in to the software.

Cons

Occasional bugs here and there, but I've never ran into anything show-stopping that wasn't a user error.

ProPresenter Is a Good Presentation System

Overall the software works well, but I began noticing performance problems with ProPresenter on my Mac when using more than 4 outputs.

Pros

The customization features to create different screens using the same information.

Cons

I made a change to Macs in my system configuration based on the constant recommendations from users that ProPresenter works better on Macs. Then Renewed Vision released a complete re-write of the ProPresenter software. The new version seemed to work better on Windows.

Great Product

Love the product once it’s setup it does exactly what we needed.

Pros

This product can be as simple or as complete as you need it to be. It can work for volunteers who have never used it but for the technical person it’s also keeps you interested.

Cons

It can be confusing to setup at 1st but once you get used to it and start working with it it’s such a great product.

Pro Presenter brought our small church on a budget into the 21st century

Before Propresenter, we were stuck using PowerPoint, and other programs for audio tracks. It was a nightmare. This program was exactly what we needed to present our video and audio seamlessly in one user-friendly platform.

Pros

It is very user friendly so that almost any volunteer can be of service in managing the service presentations.

Cons

It was a bit hard to set up at first. We needed to get a signal splitter to output to two screens on the stage. They have since fixed this issue so that you can output whatever you want via USBC to individual monitors.

Satisfied Propresenter User

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with ProPresenter

Pros

This software is very user-friendly and has many features! I am able to set up weekly services quickly and easily.

Cons

I currently use PP6. It works perfectly for my church's needs. We use it on a Windows computer and sometimes it runs slow.

Not user friendly for average users

Very frustrated and very disappointed.

Pros

It can be used in conjunction with live streaming.

Cons

This software is not in least bit user friendly for volunteers, which is typically what many churches are utilizing. It is geared towards paid and experience media engineers. Pro6 was much more logically laid out for volunteers. Finding where to go for common, simple tasks is made VERY difficult. Also difficult to sync our previous files. Still can't get them all moved over from Pro6.

ProPresenter for Church A/C

We have had a great experience and love the way we can craft both our worship song slides as well as the sermon slides and anything else we want to do. It effortlessly handles any embedded video or audio and is just a workhorse program for all our your visual applications and needs.

Pros

We made the switch to ProPresenter to have more options in our creativity, livestreaming, and general overall graphic and visual content. The options it presents the user with are limitless and great for expanding your creativity many different ways.

Cons

It would be good if there were more 'on the fly" controls to instantly duplicate slides and do more things with special characters/text.

ProPresenter is the most versatile presentation software on the market

I cannot recommend ProPresenter enough to anybody who needs to present content. Over my years of working with the software, any bugs I've encountered have been patched out in future updates so I have no hesitation to recommend everyone use ProPresenter.

Pros

I have yet to throw a task at ProPresenter that it couldn't handle. From its ease of use when editing slides, to the ability to work seamlessly with any number of video outputs, ProPresenter is simply the best presentation software you can find. I especially appreciate the "arrangments" feature which greatly increases productivity.

Cons

My only real complaint about ProPresenter is the fact they removed support for social media integrations. In the previous version, you could include realtime images and text from Twitter and Facebook but they have since removed the feature.

THE BEST Presentation Software on the market!!

Currently we use Pro Presenter as a House of Worship solution, and as a traveling presentation software; it flawlessly integrates with our mac mini and and 5 monitor system. The thing i love most about ProPresenter is that it is simple enough for a kid to use, and at the same time has complex feature for Pro users to indulge in like; iPad controls, Hi Definition video and audio options, social media integration and up-gradable external modules.

Pros

The ease of use. ProPresenter generally just works. It is so hassle free and is so simple that i was able to teach it to seniors and children! When i allow end users to run our system i feel confident that they will be able to create, and run a flawless presentation!

Cons

The only small gripe i have is that ProPresenter Pro License doesn't come with alot of free or embeded stock videos or images. The base price point is fair, i just wish there were more stock photos, video and sounds for the Pro license.

Robust Presentation Software that You'll Want

I and our team use ProPresenter for multiple services throughout the week as well as special events. My experience has been that ProPresenter is an exceptional and versatile software for handling any presentation needs. I use ProPresenter on a regular basis and have consistently had great experiences using it and being pleased with its capabilities.

Pros

ProPresenter is a robust and multi-function capable presentation software that has tons of great features that can make anyone's presentation a professional experience. From its ability to handle picture, video, and even web-based material putting together a worship service, a corporate presentation, or a ceremony is easily handled with ProPresenter.

Cons

There is a learning curve on building folders and presentation files as well as importing/linking files that you will use. There are helpful support pages that can assist with the learning process. Additionally, you have to be aware that ProPresenter literally takes over your computer's video and audio when it is running so that other processes don't interrupt your presentation.

Perfect for Church environment, and easy to train new users on

As a church, we need to enable the congregation to follow along with the songs we sing and the sermon that is preached. This allows us to display what we need, in a way that is both engaging AND distraction-free. The software is basic enough that my new volunteers can jump right in, but with enough advanced features that I can do more complicated slides. It also has many more features that we can use as we grow and need them without switching platforms.

Pros

Most importantly: it is a stable product that outputs w/o any issue. Next is that it is easy to train new volunteers on the basic operations of the software. Both of these are important to us.

Cons

I haven't yet got the ability to sync files to work smoothly using Google Drive; if I can ever get it to the point where I can trust it, it will allow me to remotely (from home) create and edit files when I have a few minutes to spare.

Present With Excellence

ProPresenter has helped 2 churches I've been a part of. In the first church, ProPresenter helped us expand our media capabilities so we no longer had to rely on CD decks or external video players. Everything was in one place and quickly accessible. The other church upgraded to full HD-capable hardware, and ProPresenter allowed us to take full advantage of our setup.

Pros

ProPresenter gives the church just about everything it needs to put on an excellent presentation on Sunday mornings, with lyrics, slides, announcements, countdowns...anything you need for service is at your fingertips. - First, this is a rare gem to have a one-time payment software. It's an investment, but you don't have to commit to monthly or yearly payments, which is very nice. - Lyric slides are...

Cons

The only con about ProPresenter is how daunting the software can be. You are provided with tutorial videos and documentation, but with all the customizability inside, it can be easy to get lost, so you really have to watch the videos several times and go along with the software to get a feel for where everything is. The other con is only if it's on Windows machines, I've seen it crash or freeze more often on Windows than Macs.

Great production package

Pros

If you have ever used powerpoint, you can use this software. It's as simple or as complex as you want it to be. Great for volunteers to walk in, and be able to simply hit a few buttons to follow along with scripts with minimal training We use ProP for weekly services and use it for both worship songs, videos and sermon notes. Great flexibility all around!

Cons

While MANY features are implemented quickly from the suggestion forums, some just never get a response or are "ignored"

Can't imagine NOT having ProPresenter

I had been working with Media Shout from it's beginning. Years ago, I gave ProPresenter a try and quickly made the transition to ProPresenter. At the time, there was more of a centralized, get everything you need in the same place, feel that met our needs. And being honest, using the software was not always easy. Early on, it was very clunky and awkward in certain areas and there were moments of great frustration (no different from other presentation software, though). However, the benefit always outweighed the challenges and with every update, it seemed to get closer to what we needed it to be. Now, I consider it a mainstay in our ministry and seriously can't think of working without it!

Pros

I truly like the completeness of the software and ease of use. Through the years, it has become a crucial part of my work in that it is very easy to create a "show" from my office and have it ready for the crew in the booth to use each week. I greatly appreciate the fact that I can easily equip volunteers to interact with ProPresenter at a very basic level to advanced levels in a short amount of time. I also appreciate the fact that it just works, all the time, I don't have to worry about it causing issues for our volunteers.

Cons

Actually, the things I like least about ProPresenter have been addressed over time via updates. Since the issues are no longer issues, there's no need to bring them up. Suffice it to say, ProPresenter has evolved into an extremely robust program that is very accessible to everyone from the beginner to the professional.

PC vrs. Mac

Overall, the program works. However, as I have found with my volunteers, I cannot trust them to do much within the program beyond the basics. I think they are capable, but the interface is not intuitive enough to trust them with it on their own.

Pros

I like that it is relatively dependable. I like that most of my volunteers can just click the next slide to actually run the program. I also like that it talks to other programs well enough, though I don't like having to pay for extra features like midi integration etc. I believe we paid enough for the program up front.

Cons

I have used mac pretty much my whole life. There are things that I love about it, and things that I just live with, as is the case with any operating system. However, the general consensus in the millennial worship community is that mac is the end-all for churches. And rightly so. With programs like Logic, Mainstage, Garageband, Imovie, Final Cut, etc. all under the $500 price range, it is easy...

Happy Customer

Over all our experience has been good. Support has been great.

Pros

Simple to use. Communication actions. I use MIDI to unmute my soundboard channels for video clips. I also use different stage displays for different sections of the worship service. Hope to trigger some lights in the near future. Site licence option

Cons

It seems to have some bugs. When editing a playlist it always jumps to the bottom. Or converting to lower thirds with a graphic the software will crash. Occasionally Master control on the slave computer will freeze the primary. Ipad issues with seeing the preview. Probably the biggest complaint from Pastors is they can't see the next slide on stage display when going from the end of one item to the next. Example the end of a song in stage display show next blank slide. They would like to see the next item coming. Sync shows that it is syncing regardless of it it is connected to the network drive or now. Sync seems to be a little buggy. We started to export only. Delete everything from the media bin and playlist and then import fresh on the other computers.

A solid platform for ten years

A great product that does what it does very well. Version six is feeling like it’s been out for a while though! Not that I’m hankering for any major revisions except to the handling of audio files.

Pros

ProPresenter a very robust product that is particularly suited to the church environment although I have used it for other types of events as well. It has maintained its focus on the most essential tasks for media presentation a provided a good balance between complexity/flexibility and ease of use - especially when many operators are volunteers using the product infrequently. As an advanced user...

Cons

1. I would like to see support for third party video devices from more companies such as AJA. 2. Some of the slide building features are too basic. No gradients, no ability to lock the position of text boxes while still being able to edit them. Templates limited to formatting only one text box. 3. I find the separate audio window to be clunky. I would like to see control and playback view of audio...

Perfect for our scenario

Pro Presenter has made our church services run so much smoother and allowed us to do things that would have cost exponentially more to do any other way. We adopted it long before I came 6 years ago and it is so vital to our workflow that I can't imagine working without it. I started learning simple things then dove in deeper as I got more comfortable. The video tutorials on their website are excellent and made it so easy to learn. Bang for your buck, you'll never find a better product

Pros

Pro Presenter is far and away the best multi-media presenter that I've ever used, and I've used a lot both hardware and software. Once you understand the logic behind it, it's very easy to setup and use. We've added several modules to it to customize it even more to our needs. It plays almost any media file, picture, audio or video and seamlessly integrates them. We use a lot of automation and it works spectacularly for us.

Cons

You have to get really nit picky to find real flaws with the software. There are a few features I'd love to see added and few foibly things to work around, but once you understand them, it works incredibly well.

Our children grew up and so weren't traveling with our ministry anymore, but we still needed someone to run the laptop with all the different kinds of media we use - so ProPresenter with ProRemote was the choice we made.

Pros

The software is fairly easy to use and setup. We don't use all the extra modules that you can also purchase, and there are a lot of them. I love all the different areas to put items and arrange them the way I want to see them. I like the easy way to create new slides and videos right in the software. The telestrator add on was definitely worth it for us. A great little item that allows you to write on the slide or video that you are showing. Works really well and very easy to use!! Being able to purchase media from within the software is so nice and easy - goes into one place automatically and can be renamed and moved easily too.

Cons

There are several things I wish would improve. First of all, I wish the ProRemote app would be updated. This is the reason we purchased the software and it has disappointed us repeatedly!! For a long time, the Playlist would not show on remote at all (now it does but takes a long time to load even when I use a dedicated router to connect). Also, ProRemote will disconnect every 30 minutes or...

Platform concerns

Pros

Now that I'm running it on an iMac, it is working very well. However, because I'm running it on an iMac, I did have to spend much more in additional components to allow it to properly function. I do like that the application is now very stable and seems to be able to operate well.

Cons

Although the web site offered support for Windows, it does not run as a 64-bit application. It is a 32 bit application, not fully capable of accessing more available memory and processing capabilities that a 64-bit platform can offer. This should be noted on the website. In addition, whether it was running on Windows or iMac (which I now use), the ability to natively run Microsoft PowerPoint presentations...

Love what ProP can do

We are a church with multiple services in multiple locations. With the sync (ProCloud) option we are able to keep things up to date everywhere which is very beneficial. Plus we do a God In The Movies series and being able to adjust clips on the fly from within the program is making life a lot easier.

Pros

The ability to use content between multiple locations and various sizes of screen is huge for us. Very robust product that we probably only use about 1/10th of. Stable build - with only rare crashes (maybe 2 in 4 years) it is one of the most stable presentation software products I've ever used with this range of abilities.

Cons

Lack of immediate phone support on Sundays - when things go sideways you are basically on your own other than email responses. Doesn't help much when we are dealing with immediate issues. Can be overwhelming for new staff/volunteers to utilize because it is so robust.