CompanyCam

Field service management application for contractors

CompanyCam Reviews

Pros

Company cam is easy to use and I enjoy sharing photos with our customers. Seeing a before and after photo is pretty amazing sometimes.

Easy to use, easy to train, good picture quality. You can produce quick reports, quickly allows editing reports and more.

Shelley S.

This software makes it extremely easy to take, share and store photos. It was important to be able to document repairs for my company because we have so many customers.

Ronald K.

Shane H.

The photos show too small sometimes depending on what size or configuration of monitor I am using. The tagging method is a little awkward.

Caleb L.

Mike D.

4.7

CompanyCam is my work memory and has increased communication within the office. I love it.

The benefits of using CompanyCam would be increased communication in the office and with customers, increased productivity because all progress is being photographed and time tracked, better "photographic" memory of past problems at projects, and the ability to prove what the project looked like before we started working. CompanyCam has been an invaluable resource with employee accountability. Our...

Pros

The best part of the software is the ability to see what all of my guys are up to out in the field and communicate with photos. I have had hundreds of conversations with employees in the field who are able to explain their problems to me with photos so that I know we are on the same page. Plus I can see the progress of the job throughout the day to make sure everyone is on task.

Cons

Every once in a while we would have duplicate addresses which was frustrating. I think this has been corrected.

Best App Ever

The cloud based design frees up your phone. I have maxed out my picture storage multiple times and trying to organize them after the fact was terrible. Company Cam has that all taken care of. The Geo Location feature automatically knows if your on a current job and when the app is opened that's the suggested job.

Pros

Company Cam offers a trial use and initially I was not able to take full advantage of the trial but after contacting them they extended the trial. This is one of the most innovative documenting apps I've every used in construction. It is cloud based with one simple monthly fee that is well worth the cost. Just the organization of the pictures per job is worth the cost not to mention the countless other features.

Cons

After using this software for almost a year now I don't think there is anything I don't like about the App. There are some modifications that I might suggest but these are just personal preferences.

A bit frusterating

Pros

Stores (most) pictures of projects indefinitely.

Cons

Doesn't work well with OS. I set up the project in my car, then I need to take a picture, or I'll need to set it up all over again. Then I click the screen off and put the phone in my pocket to greet the customer, etc. When I pull my phone out to take pictures, I then need to go through the process of selecting an existing project, take pictures here, etc, to begin taking pictures. Then, if I don't save the last picture, when I get to my next stop, the app will be frozen in camera mode for several minutes before I can set up the new project and take pictures.

Pictures provide knowledge

CompanyCam is an effective and clear means of communication for your company. This is a very simple software with huge results - Your company will be more reliable, trusted and efficient.

Pros

CompanyCam provides real-time, reliable knowledge of your company's daily activities. This is an excellent tool to view job site photos and reports at your fingertips. You can upload to your website, post to social media or send information to your clients. All team members are able to stay on the same page and communicate, monitor progress or in some cases, work together for a resolution.

Cons

I work with this software and find no issues.

A must use app for any business in the home improvement or construction service industries!

CompanyCam is an easy to use app for any field worker needing to take pictures of homes/buildings and share valuable information received from the photos, projects, and/or user's comments. This app has improved the way our field staff communicates with our office staff on a daily basis. Better communication has helped our exterior remodeling company deliver our products and services in a more consistent way. Our customer experience and satisfaction is at an all time high. Many thanks to CompanyCam for helping us with this number one problem in the industry!

Pros

Improved communication between our field and office staff.

Cons

The A/R features aren't necessary, in my honest opinion.

One of the best apps I use daily!

Helps me daily with my job.

Pros

I use this app daily for my job and couldn't imagine not having it now. It allows my to keep track of all my jobs and look back at past jobs to refresh my memory without having to go back to the site.

Cons

I do not really have any Cons with this app. Occasionally you get the update bugs but that is pretty normal with most apps. Everything functions pretty well daily.

After using this service I couldn't and wouldn't be without it. What an amazing tool for contractors

Access to realtime progress on all my jobs. Verification of work done for our clients. Able to diagnose problems from the office using Company Cam.

Pros

Ability for clients as well as all my foremen to access pictures showing whats been done. We offer a timeline of pictures for our clients to see the progress of the roof installation.

Cons

Love love love Company Cam!

This software makes my company more efficient and helps our revenue increase when we send photos to insurance companies.

Pros

From day one, everyone in my company was on board with the software change. We were using Dropbox, but always having issues. The day we switched over to Company Cam, it has made everyone's work life so much easier. In the long run, it has saved us time and money. I would recommend it to anyone!

Cons

Save a photographic record of your projects

To have a tool that gives a different approach to the recording of progress in the work or projects, since it uses the photographic advance, although it is more for the physical projects sector, I have managed to find much use in the computer area

Pros

This application is excellent, it is the first time I use some of this type and I loved it, it was recommended by a colleague and it is very useful, it allows you to keep track of your projects but in a photographic and chronological way, I example I use it to have a record of meetings with clients, it helps you to remember better the projects, who are involved and what they want precisely, really that a very important visual complement, try it, I recommend it.

Cons

At first it may seem a little useless to say the least, since normally in my area you are not used to this type of tools, so you may stop using it, but give an opportunity and you will find how useful it can be.

Company Cam Pros

Pros

Being able to share galleries with customers so they can view pictures of their projects is my favorite feature.

Cons

Merging photos together is my least favorite because sometimes I lose photos in the process.

Great Product

Company Can has made it much easier to communicate internally and eliminate many problems in estimating and pre construction walks before they become problems.

Pros

Company Cam is something we could not live without everyday, because it makes it very easy to document and annotate pics for support on all sides of the business from estimating to invoicing.

Cons

There is not much to say that company cam is missing, within our API with Job Nimbus It would be helpful if the reports that are made within a file are automatically carried over into Job Nimbus.

Simple and easy

It has been generally good, except that sometimes I need high quality and as the photos lost quality when uploaded, I have had to find other options to share the images.

Pros

It is a very simple and easy platform to use. You can share with others and link to projects and update pictures.

Cons

I do not like the fact that pictures lose some quality after they upload. In my case I need high quality photos and sometimes this is an issue for me.

CompanyCam makes the overall customer experience so much better and workflow smoother!

A large benefit to CompanyCam is having all of our jobs, photos and notes in one place. Everyone in the company can access the information and makes notes so we are all on the same page. If I miss something during my initial inspection, having these photos to turn to really helps minimize any mistakes on my end. Pictures are worth 1,000 words and that's so true so when we are about to start and finish a project in a customers home.

Pros

I love having all of the photos of each job at my fingertips. I show these pictures to my customers and they are impressed. I review each job with my install manager and our installs go so much smoother. Having before and after photos really sets us apart from the competition and we can show how great our quality of work is. Must have tool.

Cons

I don't have any issues with CompanyCam. At times I have to wait for photos to load, but that is normal with any online photo storage software. I don't know what I would do to make the application any better. There are updates from time to time that keep enhancing the experience.

Very satisfied with Company Cam. Has improved efficiency in sales, installation & service depts.

Massive increase in overall efficiency. Information is power in the HVAC industry and the information that is immediately sent back to managers from technicians in the field is invaluable. It is quick and easy to use, and quick and easy to sort and organize data.

Pros

Quick photo option and the reports. I put together a report for every job that I sell. It used to take me 15 minutes - upload photos, organize them, print them, label them. Now it takes less than two minutes. This makes a huge difference when I am running up to 6-8 sales calls a day from April to October in a very busy seasonal business.

Cons

System needs to work better when there is limited cell service. In my opinion, the app should be able to operate without any Wifi or cellular signal, uploading and updating the information once a signal is restored.

Organizes Photos

It's helped us to organize our project photos. We don't need to spend a lot of time looking through our devices trying to find a specific photo because we're able to just upload them to CompanyCam and find them when searching for the specific project.

Pros

We're able to organize photos from job sites under specific projects without having to manual upload each one. This allows you to upload multiple photos at once.

Cons

So far we have not come across any cons. It's been working as intended for our company.

Save time and money , document your jobs start to finish.

Because they are constantly updating and improving the quality of this app I had to purchase a new phone that is compatible.

Pros

I can document jobs just using my phone. Our driver's post pictures of all materials delivered to the job. This tool is a valuable resource for documenting the time line of your jobs. This information is available for all of my team members to access in real time. When I document damaged product or missing items using this program my team members can immediately order repairs or replacement product. In a fast paced production environment using CompanyCam will save time and money.

Cons

Super easy to use, easy to get pictorial info from the field to the office

Better customer satisfaction from pictures and office quality from them.

Pros

Ease of use and intuitive. This is important with employee turnover. No need to hold lengthy training sessions. Gets information from the field to the office instantly. Great tool.

Cons

Can be a challenge when not in cell service or wifi. Several times users have taken pictures and they have not saved. I don't like the fact you have to "save" each picture after taking. I would prefer that to happen automatically. It would be helpful if the app would save the pics on the phone and automatically download them when cell service or wifi was restored.

Awesome tool

The guys in the field have a tool now that they can use to take pictures, and not have all of the pictures stored on their phone. They take a lot more pictures now, which don't have to be shared another (more difficult) way, and in real time! We had a major job with over 400 photos which we were able to just click a link and share with the owner who needed documentation of the repairs we had to do on their roof.

Pros

All our job pictures are in ONE place now, no more texting, emailing, downloading pictures for jobs.

Cons

Honestly I'm sitting here thinking and right now I cannot think of one thing I do not like about it.

This is a huge help in making sure the accuracy in measuring roofs.

Pros

Ease of getting an accurate roof measurement in a matter of minutes. Besides giving the amount of squares, it also figures rake edges, eaves, valley ridge and hip measurements etc.

Cons

Some locations are not always easy to see entire roof and get measurements because of trees and shadows. Also had trouble seeing a few roofs at all, but very few. Sometimes ground views are not available. When looking at overall views from S,N,E,W views, many times it is very difficult to locate exact house because so many in neighborhood look exactly the same.

Company Cam is Great

Pros

Very easy to use. It works with other software like Job Nimbus. Picture quality is good. Ability to comment on photos, make notations on photos.

Cons

I wish the report layout was customizable to better suit our needs.

I use Company Cam everyday for my work. It is intuative and easy to use.

Quick photo capturing, high quality photos, easy to share, and a product that I feel confident recommending.

Pros

I like that Company Cam allows for an almost instant connection to anyone connected to our account when we post a photo. If I take a photo, someone in Lincoln can see it almost immediately. I also enjoy their AR option which allows for measuring pitch and skylights.

Cons

I think that Company Cam is still improving and allowing for their platform to run smoother, but sometimes I feel that the software can be buggy and glitch out.

Great product

It ha been great and they put up webinars etc and it has been a blessing and a game changer.

Pros

The ability to take photos and save them on a cloud and to organize and make reports and syncs with my CRM. This has been great to track progress.

Cons

I liked the interface of the app before the change but just getting used to it. I need to utilize everything it could do.

Very useful, especially when going back to projects that I didnt start but I will be finishing

Pros

Saves me from having to remember everything. Just take a picture and all the info is there whenever I need it. I can also look at anything the other users in my company post for reference or follow ups.

Cons

I would love to have video capabilities. My only complaint is the app is slow to refresh when trying to add photos or new jobs.

Quality

I am able to view all of our company photos in real time with the corresponding job information. This is very important when there are special considerations to note.

Pros

I have found this product very easy to use and extremely helpful on jobs with uploading photos.

Cons

There have been a number of times where photos were not directly uploaded to the correct place. I would say this is less than 2% of the jobs that we use this program for.

Awesome. Nothing bad. Customer service and support is far above average.

Pros

Extremely user friendly. Photos are very clear and easy to edit. It is very helpful to be able to forward photos to someone else without have to save them to me phone. I have built many inspection reports using this software. This has been invaluable, as well.