Concord Reviews

Concord

All-in-one, full Lifecycle Contract Management Platform

4.43/5 (119 reviews)

Pros
  • It's great that we have custom approval workflows and always know whose review we're expecting at each particular stage. Easy to find and easy to use templates.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • We're so glad we found it because it has all the things we need and is priced for the small business that we are. Ability to draft and templatize agreements online.Corey K.Read the full review
  • They don't offer you the ability to test any of the features that are important to many companies (ie approval routing, salesforce integration, etc.).Elliot R.Read the full review
Cons
  • Only con I have is that they will not except forms for the drivers files if they are missing any piece of information, even something as small as the missing year on a date.Amanda B.Read the full review
  • The background was white for all text, so if it's overlapping any text in the document it gets whited out. Do something wrong and you have to start over.Joshua H.Read the full review
  • I consistently have problems with end users (other companies I send documents to) claiming they don't get the emails from Concord.Jenny M.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Eric L. Mitchell

Bootstrap to Growth

Reviewed 2016-11-03

I'm a fan of ease of use, as a long time SaaS user a product needs to be easy to use right away and i want to be able to get to work quickly. Concord has built just that . When needing to get a contract out quickly and struggling with making the contract sound "legal" enough Concord delivers. Concord has helped me take a 1 man PR agency to a 10 person Agency in 6 months.

Pros
Ease of use, easy to roll out to the team as we grow and we don't need to hold hands to get contracts out

Cons
None, the customer service is second to none

Jennifer Hazera

Practical, effective and user friendly system

Reviewed 2019-09-12

Overall we are very satisfied with Concord. We have about 20 users at this moment and everybody has had a positive experience so far. As with every new system, some questions have come up, but our Customer Success Manager,representative, is always very responsive and always provides effective solutions to our concerns.

Pros
Easy to navigate platform Electronic signature Offers third party access Ability to track changes and set lifecyle

Cons
The transition from our previous system to Concord took a little longer than we expected but we are very pleased with the system overall.

Anonymous

Perfect for contract management, way better than paper.

Reviewed 2020-07-20

We went from paper contracts to concord and it eliminated lost contracts and other problems related to that. Still some kinks they need to work out, but it serves its purpose well.

Pros
Before Concord, we were using paper for all out contracts. Items got lost and damaged, and it was time consuming to transfer information across the business. Easy to create templates for often used contracts and to share it within the business.

Cons
Formatting is a challenge, sometimes the formatting geeks out and it makes it look bad. Definitely some room for improvement there. Can be difficult to organize the way I want.

Katie Long

Got custom fields you need to access? Run away!!

Reviewed 2017-03-23

We contracted with Concord over a year ago and have experienced two very disappointing situations: (1) We started working with Concord in April of 2016. We were guaranteed connection to our custom Salesforce fields within 30 days before we signed our contract in June (only out-of-the-box fields are accessible at this time). Once those 30 days passed, we still were not able to connect custom fields and were then 100% gold star guaranteed it would be working by the end of 2017 (note this is still seven months after initial promise). As of March 2017, we are still not able to connect to the custom fields. We have been paying for a severely handicapped service all this time with no offer of account credit, or any sort of response as to when the custom fields will actually be available. On top of that... (2) One of our users that we have been paying for is not able to connect his API key at all to the Concord platform. We have been in contact with their Customer Service department at least a dozen times regarding this and keep getting the same general response that the tech team is "working hard to investigate the issue". To add insult to injury, our last two emails requesting a response have not received any response. It's been over 30 days since they last responded at all. We feel ignored, lied to and very disrespected as a customer. The saddest part is that we really love everything else about the platform! But if it won't connect to the fields we need, or connect to our user at all, it's not valuable and causing productivity issues. Get it together Concord. At least RESPOND to your customers. And if you are going to promise something to a customer to get them to sign a contract, FOLLOW THROUGH.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Clint Bell

A Good Contract Management Platform to use

Reviewed 2020-05-08

Like most contract management platforms I've used, Concord is good but not perfect. All contract management systems have pros and cons, but Concord is the best I've seen... so far.

Pros
Most liked features are: 1. Bulk Importing existing contract portfolios into Concord 2. Search function - fast, accurate and easy to use 3. Sharing contracts with others is very easy and secure

Cons
Largest complaints are: 1. Records of draft contracts can not be changed to "signed" where a contract is executed outside of Concord. So if I started drafting and negotiating a contract in Concord and then had the final contract executed by way of a scanned copy or even DocuSign I have to create a new contract record in Concord. All negotiation history, internal / external discussions, etc are lost. This is one issue that is preventing wider adoption in my organisation. 2. Editing template contracts in Concord does not support features lawyers are ordinarily accustomed to. E.g. unable to use autonumbering in templates, unable to use indenting of template documents well. This become annoying when importing a Word or PDF document to create a template. Not all documents will import correctly, yet the native text editing features do not allow a user to 're-create' the form and structure of the original document as a template. 3. E-signature solution does not provide enough flexibility a signing request to be forwarded by an outside person (i.e. counterparty) to an authorised signatory. Concord's native e-signature solution kind of assumes the person who I share a negotiated draft document to is the person who can sign for that company. In an enterprise environment, this is not always the case as company's have rules on delegated authorities. 4. E-signature solution is limited in fields required to complete execution. End user signing experience is ok but not great.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Cheynel Haughawaut

Great Free software for creating documents

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-08-10

I had a pretty good experience using Concord. I will use in the future because it gets the job done.

Pros
I love that it is free. I also love the ease of use. it is very simple to create and edit a document that needs a signature. Very easy to add other recipients to the document that need to sign and very fast getting to the recipient's email.

Cons
Customer support for the free version can be updated. There was not much to help when first getting started.

Jacob Wall

Great for SMB

Reviewed 2019-02-14

Pros
It's incredibly easy for us to manage our vendor and independent contractor agreements. Our favorite and most used feature is the automated templates, allowing us to save hours a month in paperwork for all of our independent contractors. They're also incredibly simple, which, for us is a huge plus.

Cons
- We have over a dozen entities and we wish that we could manage users in one panel, then giving them inherited/overridden permissions by the entity, instead of each and every entity one-by-one. - The analytics piece is bare bones and could use some TLC.

Errol Siegel

Somebody finally understands contract workflow

Reviewed 2016-11-20

I have tried about half a dozen different "contract signing/management" apps over the past several years. They all work, but there have always been limitations that require clunky workarounds. Concord is the first one I have tried that makes it easy to manage contract changes (and the back and forth required to agree on those changes) and signing both with people inside my organization and outside.

Pros
It has the best workflow management tools to get from first to final draft, to signed.

Cons
It differs from other tools I have tried in that it isn't really designed to add signature fields into the body of your prepared document. That is not really a problem, but it took a little trial and error to figure that out.

Chris Fransen

Automated email notifications

Reviewed 2016-09-08

Concord has helped us gain control of our obligations and opportunities for cost savings with automated email notifications of impending contract end dates. Previously we had no such controls: contracts went into a fire-proof safe and were never touched again.

Pros
Advanced notifications are our big win. Would be nice to have options greater than 90 days advanced notice, some contracts require at least 90 days notice to terminate for example. Easy to add/upload contracts and copies of agreements. Tagging system simplifies searching for the correct document.

Cons
Reporting needs improvement, especially since I paid extra for the feature. Please improve financial reporting, currently there are some very basic reports that I have no need for, but would like to be able to have a 'spend under management' report.

Julian Weisser

It works well, it's fast, and it's free (for most uses)

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2016-09-01

I'm the founder of a startup and an advisor encouraged us to try out Concord for digital signatures. We've used it for all documents needed to get signatures for.

Pros
I'd say the best part about Concord is how seamless the experience is when it comes to inviting team members or people outside your org to discuss and/or sign documents. The editor is also rather intuitive - I didn't need any tutorial to jump right in and do what I needed to do. The learning curve is fairly nonexistent. I had a question about the paid version and their team was very quick to respond.

Cons
Well there aren't any except the fear they will eventually drastically reduce their features for free users but I think it's well worth using now. If you have the money and need the features it will be worth paying for as well.

Lindsey Brannon

Concord helped our compmany organize contracts and legal documents

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-09-17

Overall, Concord has helped our company get organized/develop a process and have a space that we can collaborate on legal documents. It's vastly improved our efficiency on a legal basis.

Pros
Concord pros: -Concord can store all of your legal documents in one place -Concord can share your documents via email with users so that you don't have to attach documents and exchange them back and forth via email . -Concord helps our teams draft legal documents and comment on them in one spot vs. having them in Google docs then uploading to a signature software so we can see the full history of the document (when someone drafted the document, comments, changes, when a document is sent out to someone for their review, when they read/open documents, and when they've executed them). -I also like that Concord has organizational features like tags and time controls so that you know what your contract is for and how long it lasts. I like that Concord has an expiration date feature so you know when you need to renew certain contracts or agreements. -I like the ability to know where contracts stand at all times via Concord and the transparency that provides to our teams.

Cons
-Converting documents from Word to Concord can be tricky sometimes formatting wise. Concord still needs some user functionality like a ruler at the top of the page so you can adjust formatting, spacing, etc. -There are some features of the internal/external comments that need to be adjusted. Whatever comments you make internally with your teams become visible to external users at a certain stage. Having the ability to always have that internal commenting would be good as an upgrade to the system. -I wish that Concord had more integrations with certain CRM tools like Hubspot or other integrations with technology that we use on a day to day basis

James Bain

Concord - Easy to use, hard to get wrong

Reviewed 2019-09-12

As a Vendor Management team, we use Concord for managing contracts and key documents such as NDAs. We find having Concord there helps us to track documents and ensure that key dates (such as service renewals) aren't missed.

Pros
Concord is easy to use and hard to get wrong. I like to simplicity which doesn't dumb down the complexity of what the tool tries (and succeeds) in doing The support we get from the team at Concord is second to none - they're responsive and super friendly with their being no such thing as a stupid question.

Cons
The only con I've found is that the underlying text editor has been updated which has caused a loss of functionality. However, the team at Concord jumped straight on a call with me to offer a workaround to solve my problem which was actually more efficient than the way I was previously completing the task anyway

Neil Cohen

Concord Contracts Management Solution

Reviewed 2019-09-17

We now have our 5 related entities on the system with more than 1,000 different contracts, agreements, etc. The system allows us to not only keep a central repository that can be seen by those who need to do so, but also makes it easy to send new contracts out to vendors and customers and have them immediately and easily searchable, while providing an excellent mechanism for periodic review.

Pros
I love the that you can customize the e-mails sent from different entities. The integration with Word is great, along with the audit trail for documents going through the system, and the e-signature feature is a must!

Cons
The migration of data from our old system to the new one was a bit clumsy and certain aspects were duplicated during migration, which did take us some time to rectify. The custom branding of e-mails for each entity did take more time than expected, but it's great now!

Gregg Bedell

Concord Contract Management Software

Reviewed 2019-09-11

This has allowed us to use a software that captures all history, files that we used to keep manually and in-house in file cabinets. This has literally saved us hundreds of thousands of dollars in filing, storage and time over the past two plus years.

Pros
Its super easy to use, the functionality is extremely well thought out, and they continue to make it better each and every year.

Cons
At one time, the status levels, but they have corrected and are continuing to make that better all of the time.

Randa Tarvin

Concord software review

Reviewed 2019-09-11

Before Concord all we had were paper contracts so tracking was difficult. With Concord everything is electronic and in one place. I can easily search for a document in the Concord software, which makes my life so much easier!

Pros
The pros of this software that it is easy to use. If there is a function that I haven't used or have needed in awhile, there are great tutorials to assist.

Cons
At first there were a few functions that would have been nice to have. Shortly after, Concord notified me that they had enhancements to demo to me. Most of the functions that we needed were now available.

Anjali Inman

Great Software

Reviewed 2019-09-20

We needed a user-friendly contract management platform that offered a simplified signing mechanism, storage, searchability and reporting. We've found that in Concord.

Pros
The search function makes it easy to search for specific clauses when you remember a clause you worked on, but not the contract! The summary report and associated fields make it easy to share key data with other non-Concord users in the company.

Cons
There are still a few features that would make it slightly for impactful, but we've always found work arounds as we wait for new features and the customer support team has always been great at walking me through any questions or work arounds.

Jenny McMullen

Concord feedback

Reviewed 2019-09-12

My efficiency has greatly increased. I haven't always had the best of luck with IT assistance and wish that could be more accessible.

Pros
I have found it to be very easy to use. Concord has helped make my process more efficient.

Cons
I consistently have problems with end users (other companies I send documents to) claiming they don't get the emails from Concord. I realize this may not be a Concord issue directly but its my most common issue.

Bring Concord aboard!

Reviewed 2019-02-15

Pros
I honestly can’t imagine life without Concord. I now have several thousand contracts at my fingertips, all easily accessible with a few keystrokes. We compared several contract management platforms and Concord was the clear choice. I would say this to other in-house attorneys: the longer you wait to get Concord, the harder you’ll be kicking yourself when you see how much more efficient and productive it makes your legal department!

Cons
I wish I didn't wait so long to make Concord an essential tool in my daily practice!

Gretel Tabares

The System of Systems

Reviewed 2019-09-11

My experience with Concord has been fantastic. The implementation and customer support team have been responsive to all our questions every step of the way. The software is functional and has improved our productivity immensely. No more lapsed contracts (FOR REAL!). I wholeheartedly recommend Concord as a contract management solution.

Pros
I love the aesthetic component of Concord. The interface is clean-looking, easy to understand, and pleasing to the eye.

Cons
I was not thrilled with the lack of immediate tech support. There is a chat support service where you leave a message and then a team member responds at a later time.

Anonymous

Very helpful for a large organization with a complex review & approval workflow

Reviewed 2019-09-12

Pros
1) I work for a large enterprise where any contract needs to be approved and reviewed by a number of departments and people. It's great that we have custom approval workflows and always know whose review we're expecting at each particular stage. 2) Easy to find and easy to use templates. 3) Extra documents (PDFs, etc.) can be attached to a contract, which means that the document content doesn't get clunky.

Cons
The format editing could work a bit better; I'd prefer it would replicate the formatting user experience of MS Word.

Gregg Bedell

Concord - The easy Contract Management software that can make a HUGE difference!

Reviewed 2016-09-09

This software was tested against the Top 10 Contract Management software's on the market. It was the best by far, for the ease of use, large storage capacity (no limitations), notifications and digital signature! It did not hurt that the cost of this was a fraction of any other on the market!

Pros
Ease of use. For me to apply change to our internal processes, is not an easy thing to do. People do not like change. If it is easy to learn, and it can be set up to resemble what you already do, then it is a WIN-WIN for everyone!

Cons
The only thing I can think of is this: I wish this software also had Purchase Order capabilities - then it would work for EVERYTHING I do within my responsibilities!

Great & Easy to Use Product

Reviewed 2016-10-07

My company struggled to find a contract management product that didn't cost thousands of dollars. Concord very nicely meets that criteria and comes with wonderful features. We unfortunately don't utilize all of the features available, but the repository and the reminders are extremely helpful. I also love being able to add comments as notes to myself when I check back in on a contract at some point. Another plus for Concord is the search feature. When dealing with hundreds of contracts sometimes I cannot remember all the names of each vendor. You can add "tags" to your contracts and can search for tags very easily. This makes the process of searching and finding a contract very easy. The ability to have reminders sent to yourself so far in the future is wonderful. I never have to worry about missing a deadline as long as my contracts are uploaded in Concord. Great product that we will continue to use!

Andrew Kelly

Concord Review

Reviewed 2016-08-19

The software has helped us to reduce the number of errors and the time to draw up a contract. I wish we could automate all of our processes like we have for contract management with Concord!

Pros
The templates with predefined fields to be filled out work great.

Cons
Some formatting issues. Can't print documents from internet explorer without having a very tiny font size (I know it's not your issue but I don't care to explain that to our clients). One other problem is that a contract has to be shared via email before it can be printed and manually executed. I would also like to be able to upload an executed physical copy of an agreement to existing document that is in negotiation (instead of voiding it and uploading it separately).

Gilles Rossi

Signatures électroniques professionnelles

Reviewed 2019-09-15

Pros
Le support technique très réactif et de qualité et la relative facilité d'utilisation du produit

Cons
La gestion des avenants, ajouter un document à signer faisant suite à un document existant n'est pas des plus simples et ergonomiques.

Gillian Fraser

At last a user friendly document repository

Reviewed 2019-09-12

We needed a document repository and workflow that wasn't limited to contracts and that allowed workflows to be visible. Concord worked with us and adapted workflow and templates to meet our needs.

Pros
Responsive service support, ease of use, flexibility to meet our business needs, ability to integrate with our data warehouse. The Concord team listens to our requests and its doesn't take an age to find a solution if its not readily built in. The are agile!

Cons
Reporting capability and tagging format.